shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop help please? Sidestones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know what's funny about seeing all those together (which was very cool D&T) ... I think now I prefer THE ORIGINAL SET.

There's something soooo appealing about the scale of the e-ring band with the shared prong wedding band .. and the band with the center stone. It just seems *perfect*.

**shrug**

PS- what's that dressing room rule for shopping.... if you don't like what you're trying on better than the outfit you're currently wearing then don't buy it. If you DO like one or more that one of them better than the current set, then ... I'll wait eagerly for pix.
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK- I''m going to change my vote
3.gif
I really love the pear look now.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
D&T, thanks so much for the collage! I think I''ll post a poll tomorrow, and that will be perfect to show all the choices!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 6:18:35 PM
Author: decodelighted
You know what''s funny about seeing all those together (which was very cool D&T) ... I think now I prefer THE ORIGINAL SET.

There''s something soooo appealing about the scale of the e-ring band with the shared prong wedding band .. and the band with the center stone. It just seems *perfect*.

**shrug**

PS- what''s that dressing room rule for shopping.... if you don''t like what you''re trying on better than the outfit you''re currently wearing then don''t buy it. If you DO like one or more that one of them better than the current set, then ... I''ll wait eagerly for pix.
2.gif
LOL!!! I still love the solitaire too. I just hate the bent and crooked prongs on mine that are going to cost hundreds to fix (I originally had a 6.2 mm stone in this setting & had the jeweler jam an 8.1 mm stone in it, so it can''t be helped - I will have to replace the whole head). I bet that if I had a Leon double claw prong solitaire, I wouldn''t even be wondering about sidestones
emsmilep.gif

The reason I''m looking at sidestones is because it would be so expensive to change the head on this setting (around $400), I had a few jewelers suggest that I get a new setting instead. Then I think why pay $1500 for a new solitaire setting, if I''m going to replace it, maybe I''ll do those sidestones a few years early (I always hoped to add them for my ten year anniversary). However, I''ve only been married for 3 years, so there are still quite a few to go before that 10 year milestone.

I still have to decide. It''s funny, because every few months I toss around ideas for sidestones, and always end up staying with my wonky old solitaire. I guess that old thing has grown on me
emteeth.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2009 6:25:55 PM
Author: vespergirl
D&T, thanks so much for the collage! I think I''ll post a poll tomorrow, and that will be perfect to show all the choices!
anytime
1.gif

kimmyintexas

Shiny_Rock
I looooove
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the half moon version!!! What about a shared prong band on your ering like your wedding band? Would that be too much bling? I really really love your set as is too!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While solitaires are gorgeous and classic, I think you will love the extra bling.
3.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m going to vote for the original look too - the ering stone is substantial and so is the band. I like the look of some of the sidestones but not sure I''m loving the three stone with the diamond band.

I am loving the idea of a Leon Mege solitaire setting though - his claw prongs, fluid metal - yum!

Just my opinion though - you certainly have lots of choices to pick from. Good job to all the photoshop pros!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE all the options. Great job guys!

I love the round and (smaller) pear sidestones!! I agree it is a classic look and think it looks great. The bullets are nice too, and not something you see all the time.
don''t know if that helped! haha

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You guys are awesome with the photo-shop! amazing pictures!
I like the bullets best! Can''t wait to see setting what you decide on.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 6:10:12 PM
I adore the half-moon version -- but would get slightly smaller half-moons than are shown in the awesome photoshop job. KUDOS to all you magicians!!!

My 2nd choice is the pears, third: baguettes.
Ditto this! I love the halfmoons!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 6:32:08 PM
Author: vespergirl
LOL!!! I still love the solitaire too. I just hate the bent and crooked prongs on mine that are going to cost hundreds to fix (It''s funny, because every few months I toss around ideas for sidestones, and always end up staying with my wonky old solitaire. I guess that old thing has grown on me.
Girl, I don''t see any wonky prongs ... and that "old thing" has had a breath of new life paired with that "new thing" (shared prong band). But whatever you do is bound to be gorgeous. The components are awesome.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Out of all these, I still prefer the original, but I''m a solitaire kinda gal. I am really intrigued by the idea of rounds set in 3 prongs, perhaps in a trellis setting. The pears are nice too and would also look great in a trellis setting.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love the solitaire with the shared prong (that was my vote in your last decision) -- but i also really really like the half moons. They''re a tie in my opinion. My third choice would be the pears - i like that look a lot as well.

I don''t care for the bullets and/or baguettes with the set, because they are step cuts and I think they detract from the overall brilliance of the round stones.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the half moons. I find this look, together with your wedding band, to be the most balanced.

Let us know what you decide!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 6:18:35 PM
You know what''s funny about seeing all those together (which was very cool D&T) ... I think now I prefer THE ORIGINAL SET.

There''s something soooo appealing about the scale of the e-ring band with the shared prong wedding band .. and the band with the center stone. It just seems *perfect*.

**shrug**

PS- what''s that dressing room rule for shopping.... if you don''t like what you''re trying on better than the outfit you''re currently wearing then don''t buy it. If you DO like one or more that one of them better than the current set, then ... I''ll wait eagerly for pix.
2.gif

I agree deco - it''s a favorite set of mine when I see it - the rounds all coordinate so well together (one big many small). So first is keep it as is then I think of the ones that were posted I like the half moons best... they keep that round flow going. Pears are 3rd - they kinda keep it going but for this set I am not at ALL fond of adding any straight lines to it.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Vesper,
I gotta say your e-ring and w-band are the perfect proportions and make a beautiful set. One of my all-time favorites. Having said that, I love the pears!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I like the pears and your original set.
30.gif

Good luck with your decision.
1.gif

Cachette
1.gif

fire_works

Rough_Rock
Vesper, have you considred temporary wraps in the sidestone shapes of your choice? Then you could really play, switch sidestone shapes--AND--keep that lovely huge solitaire to wear with your lovely band...

Your set is stunning!
30.gif

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your original setting b/c I have a solitare e-ring myself, but think that the pear sidestones would be gorgeous!
30.gif
If you are going to replace your setting anyways due to damaged prongs, why not add a little bit of extra bling?

I did a search on PS and found a picture of this ring designed by WF for ''Harold'' (from 2006). I think it is just amazing...hope it gives you a good idea!
1.gif

round w pear sides.jpg

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the look of a simple solitaire with your eternity band, vesper! A Leon classic solitaire would be wonderful, but if you are really craving side stones I love, love, love how your RB looks with pear sides (I prefer the smaller pears over the larger ones)!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Baguettes! I like how they add something different, geometrically speaking, to your set, and they don''t take anything away from your beautiful center stone and eternity band. I might be a little biased, though--I have an EC with RB side stones
1.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I like either the baguettes or pears (smaller pair). While I''m usually a bring on the bling person, personally, I find the half moons too overwhelming and detracts from your centre stone.

But I also like the idea of a LM set solitaire
9.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 1:35:34 PM
Author: gemgirl
IMG_2129.JPG
IMG_2154.JPG

OK, after seeing the collage.... I''m thinking that a nice quarter carat round on each side might be nice. Aggie Texan''s ring has a 2.43 center with a quarter carat on each side and I''ve always love the scale of her ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-my-20th-anniversary-ring.70028/
Gemgirl, I''ve always LOVED Aggie''s set - in fact, that one is saved in my favorites as one of my favorite sidestone looks - I love the scale of the smaller sidestones. I really like the halfmoons too, still, but I like them smaller - kind of like on Surfgirl''s or Parrottulips'' ring. If I were to go with baguettes, though, I like them big. I saw a setting with 1 cttw baguettes that looked gorgeous, but it cost almost $8K (I think it was Martin Flyer). I would definitely have to wait for my 10 year to get my DH to spring for that ;-)

For now, I just may get serious about getting my setting fixed. The setting was made for a 1.5 ct stone, and mine is 2 cts, so the stone is set crookedly, and the prongs are set at different angles around the stone, and the prong heads are just a smooshed disaster. The jeweler apologized about it not being perfect, but he said that he would have to send it back to Verragio for a new head if I wanted it right, and I didn''t want to pay to get it fixed at the time, but now that''s I''ve had the wonky setting for almost two years, I think it''s time to get it fixed ...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 1:35:34 PM
Author: gemgirl
IMG_2129.JPG
IMG_2154.JPG

OK, after seeing the collage.... I''m thinking that a nice quarter carat round on each side might be nice. Aggie Texan''s ring has a 2.43 center with a quarter carat on each side and I''ve always love the scale of her ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-my-20th-anniversary-ring.70028/
Perfection!! This is my dream ring and after I reach my final upgrade on my center I will add sidestones with this type of proportion!

I love your ring as is vesper, but if you want to add sides I love the pears and rounds but *small* in either case so the center stands out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results