shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop help please? Sidestones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

Hi guys, I don''t know if there are any photoshop experts out there who would like to play with this picture, but I am wondering what my ring would look like with sidestones. The two shapes that I am most partial to are either half moons or tapered baguettes (or any other shapes the photoshop artist thinks would look good). If anyone would like to try altering this photo to add either of those shapes (especially the half moons) I would be much obliged! I would just go and try on the look myself, but it''s so hard to find settings with an RB and half moon sidestones in jewelry stores.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could lend a hand - I would try it myself but I don''t have the photoshop program. Thanks again!

jjcr1.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not a photo-shopper, but I wanted to suggest some Leon-esque traps and bullets too, if someone can figure out how to insert all these different options.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 10:39:07 AM
Author:vespergirl

Hi guys, I don't know if there are any photoshop experts out there who would like to play with this picture, but I am wondering what my ring would look like with sidestones. The two shapes that I am most partial to are either half moons or tapered baguettes (or any other shapes the photoshop artist thinks would look good). If anyone would like to try altering this photo to add either of those shapes (especially the half moons) I would be much obliged! I would just go and try on the look myself, but it's so hard to find settings with an RB and half moon sidestones in jewelry stores.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could lend a hand - I would try it myself but I don't have the photoshop program. Thanks again!

WOw either way it would be beautiful!
I DO have photoshop, but I don't know how to use it yet! lol
I have tried using other easier programs online like scrapblog.com but can't make it work for cutting and adding bits.....
I hope someone can do it for you!

here is a round and baguette:
http://www.amerigoldinc.com/amerigoldinc_products-three-stone-ring-01.html

and
a round sapphire with halfmoons

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say I LOVe the look of the RB with the half moons....yum!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Sophie, thanks so much for posting the pic of the sapphire - that''s exactly what I was looking for!

Gemgirl, I think that would be a great idea to see too - I wasn''t sure if a 5-stone would work with the size of my center stone and finger, but I would love to see a pic and see how it would look, kind of like Erica''s new asscher - that ring is divine.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure if the proportions are right, but how about this?

jjcr1hm.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
ooh, nice job Paula. Here''s my attempt with baggs. (i''m just now learning photoshop so forgive me for the less than perfect image).

vespergir1l copy.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
WOW.........

Ladies.... you are gooooooooooood.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU Paula & Elle_Chris!!! Those pics are fantastic! I am in awe of your skills!

Now I just don''t know what to do!

What do you guys think? Maybe I should start a poll thread and get some opinions ...

Thanks again for all of your help!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2009 12:39:50 PM
Author: vespergirl
THANK YOU Paula & Elle_Chris!!! Those pics are fantastic! I am in awe of your skills!

Now I just don't know what to do!

What do you guys think? Maybe I should start a poll thread and get some opinions ...

yes, start a poll, I love the baguettes gives your center a little more sparkle (not that it needs it) but still have nice presence. The half moons are nice, and very blingy ring if that is what your after, but your center kind of gets lost in the ring though.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Wow! Elle Chris and Paula, super photoshopping!

I gotta say Vespergirl, I am loving those half moons.

I came across an interesting site for side-stones that you might like to take a look at: Trapz

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 10:51:00 AM
Author: elle_chris
ooh, nice job Paula. Here''s my attempt with baggs. (i''m just now learning photoshop so forgive me for the less than perfect image).
Photoshop is so helpful...and you ladies are super skilled!

Vesper,

I would totally go with the tapered bags. I have always loved this look because it is so classic. I think this style enhances the centre stone and the half moons compete with the centre stone. 0.02

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
Vesper, have you thought about pear side stones?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 1:11:00 PM
Author: diamondgirl5k
Vesper, have you thought about pear side stones?
Yes! I didn''t want to get too pushy with asking for photoshop help, but the other sidestones that I am considering are either pears, traps or trillions. Or, perhaps even rounds, with the sidestones set 3-prong, not 4-prong style. If any of you guys feel like going nuts with the photoshop and posting extra pics with the different sidestones, that would be cool too!
emwink.gif

Thanks so much for the pics though! I have to take my DS to the park in a few minutes, but I will check in later and start a poll with the different pics.

I still love my solitaire, but the head needs to be replaced on it, so I thought about changing the setting next year instead of just fixing the head, which I was told will cost several hundred dollars anyway ...

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that the baguettes make your center stone really pop!
emsmile.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
pear:

vg4uioiur.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I like these double baguettes:

vgueuye3.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, I LOVE it with the pear sidestones!! I love rounds with pears, they are such a beautiful and classic look.
36.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
nice job lynnie!

Vesper, I''m praticing on your pic so you''re my photshop project! Here''s another one with pears but these are smaller.

vespergirlpear.jpg

sarah95

Shiny_Rock
Vespergirl, have you thought about trillions? A jeweler once told me they look good next to rounds because they mimic the brilliance of rounds.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elle, if you can, try bullets. I''m kind of fond of those myself.

vesper, I don''t think you can lose here. Choices, choices, choices, but they''re all beautiful! What look were you going for? To max your finger real estate with bling? Or to accent your gorgeous center stone ? You''ve got one heck of a rock.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
You guys are so awesome!!! Thanks for all of the extra pics, Lynnie & Elle! I really like the double baguettes, and those smaller pears are beautiful. There is actually a sidestone that I saw at Tiny Jewel Box in DC (maybe they are bullets?) that was so beautiful - I didn''t take a pic of the ring on my hand, but here''s a pic of the ring - you guys let me know if you know what these are called:

tjb1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 2:37:30 PM
Author: gemgirl
elle, if you can, try bullets. I''m kind of fond of those myself.

vesper, I don''t think you can lose here. Choices, choices, choices, but they''re all beautiful! What look were you going for? To max your finger real estate with bling? Or to accent your gorgeous center stone ? You''ve got one heck of a rock.
Hey gemgirl, good question ... I need to go and try on some rings with sidestones now that I have my shared-prong eternity band, because I would like a setting that will go with that one.

I have always loved step cuts mixed with brilliants, so I think that I have been leaning towards either baguettes, bullets, step-cut traps, or step-cut half moons. So I get the finger coverage, but the sparkle of the sidestones doesn''t compete with the center stone.

I wouldn''t be doing this project until next year at the earliest, but it is so great to have the photoshop experts show me what it would look like on my hand - thanks again everyone!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
there ya go :)

vespergirbulletsl.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2009 3:02:08 PM
You guys are so awesome!!! Thanks for all of the extra pics, Lynnie & Elle! I really like the double baguettes, and those smaller pears are beautiful. There is actually a sidestone that I saw at Tiny Jewel Box in DC (maybe they are bullets?) that was so beautiful - I didn''t take a pic of the ring on my hand, but here''s a pic of the ring - you guys let me know if you know what these are called:
Oh yes! those are bullets. It''s just a different take on a baguette. Baguettes are slimmer and have two straight ends, and bullets tend to widen towards one end and have a pointed shape on the other end........ like a bullet. LOL! I like those even more than the baguette examples. They have a little more presence and still don''t take anything away from the center stone. Very nice!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Elle, thank you so much! Gemgirl, I love the bullets too!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 12:49:40 PM
Author: Gailey

Wow! Elle Chris and Paula, super photoshopping!

I gotta say Vespergirl, I am loving those half moons.

I came across an interesting site for side-stones that you might like to take a look at: Trapz
Gailey, thanks for that website - they have the best sidestones! I really love the stepcut half moons and the cadi cut - gorgeous!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore the half-moon version -- but would get slightly smaller half-moons than are shown in the awesome photoshop job. KUDOS to all you magicians!!!

My 2nd choice is the pears, third: baguettes.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vesper Hope this helps
1.gif

vespergirlphotoshop0909dt.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results