shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop experts needed for potential EC bezel

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I’d only do the traps with the 4th ring (far right); otherwise, it looks a little ‘too much’ to/for me. The one on the far right looks classic and elegant, but that’s MY personal taste/preference, so take it with a grain of salt and go with what YOU love/want.

Without the traps, I’d probably go with the 2nd or 3rd (two in the middle) options. I’m not personally a fan of airlines, and I’ve learned - for me - an EC doesn’t put off as much/enough sparkle for my liking, so I like the little ‘something extra’ a thin halo would provide. Then again, a diamond the size of your EC really may not need much ‘help’ because it’s size and performance probably makes it quite ‘vocal’. LOL
@the_mother_thing sorry I responded before seeing this. lol. I am also Sorry you did ALL those but you never know. You may be starting an inspirational setting for someone else out there. Hello traps-halo Bliiiiiiiiing.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No haha. I just meant the diamond w traps. Lol

It’s okay; it only took a couple minutes. But I’m confused ... you posted an EC ring with traps. What are you wanting to see that is different? :confused:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
It’s okay; it only took a couple minutes. But I’m confused ... you posted an EC ring with traps. What are you wanting to see that is different? :confused:
No. You did it. I had responded before I saw the prior post w pics. I didn’t realize you had done it. I thought you were asking me what to do. Haha. So sorry. Delayed message.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
992F4BC9-1769-4E1C-BF95-BDF760A9F31B.jpeg 3471E287-7978-492D-89D7-99F58C099338.jpeg A927D6F3-8CCD-470E-92C4-442C4652653C.jpeg BDAF4E57-6ED9-4295-85DE-F0A83C71BEF1.jpeg 6EF074FB-FDC5-44E7-9913-32A24C6333BD.jpeg CFD483A9-46A1-4235-842F-50ADFFAC9411.jpeg 3962639E-3183-4F77-B987-94B5E414A43C.jpeg
@Emeraldcutlover Here are a couple of mock-ups with your diamond. I didn’t mess with shanks, side diamonds, etc., but I did one combo with a halo & double claw prongs just to see what that might look like. Let me know if you want to see any of these with a particular side diamond/shank (post straight-on pics of what you like please), and I’ll try to get to those next.

@the_mother_thing. @emeraldsaremyfavorite @diamondlove123 @dreamer_dachsie @PintoBean

Here is a rough draft of halo.

He said;

The metal will be carved away for pave and shall not see it. (As in this drawing).

I requested the halo to be on a “tilt” so not so flat looking. Therefore, from the sideview, will not appear as a “shelf” and then will be able to see diamonds from the side.

I asked for the “blank” at clipped corners to be filled with diamonds and place tiny claw prongs on the actual stone and I will only now do single claws, as I think it will be too distracting.

I think the profile needs to be flared out to the right to “broaden” the profile. I’ll show a pic of what I have in mind.

The Halo may be too bulky but he said it will be cut down. I Had requested 1.4 halo and to “tuck” in under the diamond.

*he said for me to try on the 3D first before any of the above mentioned changes but I was thinking it is more work for them? Why not make them now and then I try on? I really do not know how the process works, thus my asking all of your opinions.

Ps

The Shank is 1.75mm pave diamonds 3/4 around. Should I go thinner?

Also the basket will have 1 bezeled diamond
on each side of the profile (as I have 4 children) and thought would look pretty, in addition to the symbolism.

Feel free to give honest opinions.

ETA: your diamond is the same size in all of these images; the halo and/or airline really changes the appearance of size and how much finger coverage it will give.

6F244D63-9EA4-4532-9571-147E7E67B6D1.jpeg

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
The first cad image- it looks like the clipped corners have a skinny small ECs instead of tiny pave stones. ... but then I look at the second cad image and it looks like what I thought were ECs stone are actually the prongs. I think the first cad image is a bit misleading of how the ring will look from top down. It may be just me that is not getting it. I love the clipped corners btw.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like when the tilt follows the line of the stone, especially when it's a stone with presence.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Emeraldcutlover I’m apologize I won’t be of much help here. I’m not understanding the correlation between the pics you posted, the mock-ups from earlier, and the CAD images. :confused:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
@Emeraldcutlover I’m apologize I won’t be of much help here. I’m not understanding the correlation between the pics you posted, the mock-ups from earlier, and the CAD images. :confused:
So sorry. For some reason the photos posted first instead of after my thoughts. No worries. Thanks for everything.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
The first cad image- it looks like the clipped corners have a skinny small ECs instead of tiny pave stones. ... but then I look at the second cad image and it looks like what I thought were ECs stone are actually the prongs. I think the first cad image is a bit misleading of how the ring will look from top down. It may be just me that is not getting it. I love the clipped corners btw.
Thanks so much diamondlove123. Yes - they will add pave diamonds where there is dead space and place the prongs on the diamond. I am hoping the metal will not be so heavy and that the shank will be more rounded like in photo C and more dainty like in photo D :). Ugh. Hate this process. So hard to tell.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
C3CA3E91-4568-4F15-84C3-694F432387F1.jpeg 4E680B70-721B-420B-87FA-5885D565ED06.png 2185EAB3-89E1-4822-8904-F0FA888E0A81.jpeg 4B101FE3-B694-4E9E-9B33-0E2211158C1A.png

@Emeraldsaremyfavorite @PintoBean @the_mother_thing. @diamondlove123
@l
Hi again- so I received the CAD and honestly - I cannot really tell what is will look like. I know a lot of the metal will be removed via the pave process (per Adam) but it looks so bulky on top. Any thoughts? Maybe I should just do something else. It also looks kind of “small” as opposed to “big” w the halo. Not that I want really big but I don’t want it to look like my stone is smaller than it is and that I’m trying to over compensate for it. Does that make sense? My questions are as follows:

The halo is currently to be 1.4mm Do you think that’s too big or too small?

Do you think the basket I designed is too “high”

Is this looking like it could potentially be too bulky?

Does anyone have any suggestions? The CAD photos were posted above in a prior post.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should lower the stone a smidge. It feels a tad bit high and if the cad is an accurate reflection of your stone's depth, there is room to lower.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should lower the stone a smidge. It feels a tad bit high and if the cad is an accurate reflection of your stone's depth, there is room to lower.
Thanks so much. I actually said the same thing. It’s too high and kind of makes it look costume-y. What are your thoughts on how bulky it looks? Thx again.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much. I actually said the same thing. It’s too high and kind of makes it look costume-y. What are your thoughts on how bulky it looks? Thx again.

I'd start with having them lower it and see if it sits better on the finger. One change at a time...

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can tell you this... CADS are super hard when you actually try them on. I completely scratched my original design once the CAD was on my finger. And I regret it at times, they are so deceiving. I know that doesn’t help much but just provide very specific pictures for Adam and I think you will get what you want. Your ring will be BIG! Trust me. The size of your EC with a halo will look fab. If you want bullet proof go for the Tiffany’s Soleste halo. Can’t go wrong, and I too think it is a tad too high.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
7B98DCC0-9F30-4322-8602-5CA88505EC31.jpeg Here is a 3 carat in Tiffany Soleste. I have tried this style on and it looks very delicate in person

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am of no help when it comes to assessing wax models. I think you need to image it being in your metal of choice and covered in diamonds, then think about how that will look/feel.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
3195B6FF-E5CA-4C5A-835A-E0F1DF5F577E.jpeg 3719B1D6-4AFF-4A0C-865E-034E43231D6D.png C4E93EDD-6B07-4A1E-B253-3D5A9F3E7E8F.png
I can tell you this... CADS are super hard when you actually try them on. I completely scratched my original design once the CAD was on my finger. And I regret it at times, they are so deceiving. I know that doesn’t help much but just provide very specific pictures for Adam and I think you will get what you want. Your ring will be BIG! Trust me. The size of your EC with a halo will look fab. If you want bullet proof go for the Tiffany’s Soleste halo. Can’t go wrong, and I too think it is a tad too high.
Hi @Emeraldsaremyfavorite - Thanks for saying that. My husband actually burst out laughing and said - how in the world can you even tell what it will look like??? Lol. I guess that’s true. I do love what you posted. I have a photo of one very similar but I feel like the diamonds are maybe closer together in it? I’ll show you what I mean. But I do love how dainty the Tiffany one looks and how the halo follows the cut corners (some are rounded edges which takes away from the shape (in my opinion). My husband said just go for it and if you hate it, we will do the traditional baguettes w my stone (bc I DEf love that). Ugh. I honestly don’t want to waste anymore money. It will kill me to reset it. I never liked my LM Setting bc the one I saw was with a much larger EC diamond and all the side stones looked completely different than mine ended up looking. My husband wanted me to start over and get a new one setting but I just couldn’t. It was too expensive. So I pray I like this one bc I don’t know if I’ll reset it. @PintoBean - I am DEf lowering it as well. Ps. What do you think of the basket design?

Here are the photos of halos I do like.. they will
Probably be posted at the beginning of these comments.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In my opinion the one by Lauren B looks a little too chunky. You have to be careful with ECs because the halo needs to be very dainty to make the EC shine and distinct! Just my two cents. Do you have a Tiffany's close by? If you called I be they could get a 3 carat halo in for you and that would VERY helpful to see in real life

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
1A0CD7B6-5BE1-4346-BBA4-83AB35EE095F.jpeg CCBBFF5F-6273-4E49-9800-D19004DACB59.jpeg @Emeraldsaremyfavorite - quick question. What do you think of I did a bezel like this CVB (top photo w purple stone) but in platinum? I cannot find an EC w this setting in WG/Platinum. I even like it w a sleek bezel (last one which I posted sideways to help picture set this direction but to add
prongs as well...

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
In my opinion the one by Lauren B looks a little too chunky. You have to be careful with ECs because the halo needs to be very dainty to make the EC shine and distinct! Just my two cents. Do you have a Tiffany's close by? If you called I be they could get a 3 carat halo in for you and that would VERY helpful to see in real life
Yes. I was thinking that as well about it being a bit thick. Yes- there’s a Tiffany’s right in my town. Lol. I should go in there but they never have EC’s w halos. But I should pop in to look.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I am of no help when it comes to assessing wax models. I think you need to image it being in your metal of choice and covered in diamonds, then think about how that will look/feel.[/QUOT
No worries and I promise to not harass you anymore!! I appreciate all your help.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to admit I don't like the plain bezel, BUT that's just me! I think you should call Tiffany's, see if they an order in a 3ct, which they should be able to, and go try it on. When I was first looking at ECs their halo stole my heart! It was magnificent on. Then I had a pretty large EC, on a size 4 finger, so decided I didn't need the halo. But I have a sneaky feeling if you could just try on theirs you would love!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I have to admit I don't like the plain bezel, BUT that's just me! I think you should call Tiffany's, see if they an order in a 3ct, which they should be able to, and go try it on. When I was first looking at ECs their halo stole my heart! It was magnificent on. Then I had a pretty large EC, on a size 4 finger, so decided I didn't need the halo. But I have a sneaky feeling if you could just try on theirs you would love!
Ok- it can’t hurt to do that! I know they will only donsettings w their own stones. So I guess I’m going to have to act like I’m in the market for a stone. Haha. I would like to see how theirs looks in person -Especially bc I also want to make sure it doesn’t look too big and like a piece of costume jewelry. The CAD doesn’t look nearly as big as what I thought and was afraid of. Lol.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It’s no bother. :wavey:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It will look big! That’s another reason I really encourage you to go to Tiffany. Tell them you are in the market, they should find you one in a couple days

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you lower the stone then you may want to simplify the profile design to keep a similar feel with the openings in the profile... like pushing down the design kinda pushes the air out if that makes sense...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results