shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop experts needed for potential EC bezel

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
B53B7D34-BCF7-4850-B703-1FE98322F893.png 9F12F775-1B5A-4F4D-84CD-B7CB4129F9A3.jpeg 621E4F62-A99C-4233-BE84-49BDEFDDAD5B.png 8)Hi again!

Ive been looking for a simple EC halo for my stone. It is a 1.37 ratio and 10.59 x 7x77. Does anyone know how to photoshop or direct me to an app? I tried last night and could not seem to get it to work. So extremely grateful for anyone that could help. I was trying to find something like the above. Ideally I like the milgrain bezel w prongs like the purple stone but in platinum. Also to add tiny diamond down the shank. But very minimalist. Simple. Any help is greatly appreciated. Adam cannot do more than one CAD (w out costs being incurred he said). So I’m trying to figure it out. Thanks again. I truly appreciate everyones help.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you want a halo but also want a metal bezel w/prongs around the stone correct?

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
So you want a halo but also want a metal bezel w/prongs around the stone correct?
@tyty333 My apologies for being confusing. I’m torn between a halo and a plain milgrain bezel w only diamonds on the thin shank. Adam is currently doing a CAD (for the halo) bc I’ll prob end up w that, as I have a better idea of the final product. However, I am really drawn to the milgrain setting w prongs like the above photo. However, that ring is in gold and with a colored stone and a square shape. Therefore, it’s hard for me to picture my EC like that. Thus, I was hoping someone could help me see that style but w my EC measurements. (The halo w plain one was just there bc I like the simple bezel but want milgrain and prongs. Lol!!! UGH. Such problems. I just cannot make a mistake. This it it. This is my final setting. I’m cut off after this. Thank you again.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Emeraldcutlover Do you have any pictures of your diamond you can post? Also, the dimensions of the diamond would be helpful. I’m not good with mocking up a different ratio emerald cut, but I can try for what I think you’re looking to do either tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
@the_mother_thing. Yes! I’m sorry. I posted in first part. Thank you! It’s 10.68 X 7.77. I’ll post a photo!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh please go for the diamond halo! I think your ratio would look STUNNING in a delicate halo. But of course it is up to you:)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Emeraldcutlover Here are a couple of mock-ups with your diamond. I didn’t mess with shanks, side diamonds, etc., but I did one combo with a halo & double claw prongs just to see what that might look like. Let me know if you want to see any of these with a particular side diamond/shank (post straight-on pics of what you like please), and I’ll try to get to those next.

ETA: your diamond is the same size in all of these images; the halo and/or airline really changes the appearance of size and how much finger coverage it will give.

6F244D63-9EA4-4532-9571-147E7E67B6D1.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here they all are on your finger with that setting you had on your finger in the pic above.

B897604D-7515-4A4A-B5AE-AE9934EF0897.jpeg

Such great work the_mother_thing!

I am really loving the plain bezel with the double prongs.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you; I enjoy doodling designs and mock-ups ... even moreso when it’s someone else’s money. :lol:
OMG @the_mother_thing! I seriously cannot thank you enough. You went above and beyond and it all looks so precessional!!!! Lol. What do you do for a living!!! It’s so awesome to see the difference in each of the designs you presented and how it affects the coverage. I can’t believe it!! WOW! I’m speechless. What’s everyone’s favorite. I am now liking the halo better. LOL. All bc of YOU. I was ready to switch it all up but now I have such a better idea of the outcome. I do know I wanted a bezel w the halo also and prongs but Adam didn’t like that. Lol. So he is doing a CAD w only the pave diamonds but following the clipped corners and adding prongs like yours. I like how yours came out! XOXOXO

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @the_mother_thingWhat do you do for a living!!!

NOT graphic/jewelry design. :lol: Just a hobby for me; though I do like designing my own stuff via mock-ups for the same reason - I need visuals. Glad it was helpful! Good luck making a decision. Let me know if you would like to see something different and I will try to get to it as soon as time allows. :wavey:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
NOT graphic/jewelry design. :lol: Just a hobby for me; though I do like designing my own stuff via mock-ups for the same reason - I need visuals. Glad it was helpful! Good luck making a decision. Let me know if you would like to see something different and I will try to get to it as soon as time allows. :wavey:
Truly cannot thank you enough! Ps. Which was your favorite? I do love the first and third I think! I think Adam should maybe do it like yours w the milgrain beading next to the diamond and prongs. But I do prefer clean and simple. I’ll wait and see the CAD. Ps. If you were to guesstimate, how many mm would you say the halos are? The first 2mm? And the rest 1.5? I had said to make halo about 1.4mm. Now I’m thinking whatever you did looks fabulous! I guess Go Big it Go Home :mrgreen:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
8C5989B3-93F4-4A1D-BDC9-17808889F424.jpeg 19177E85-F353-4591-BAB4-1D1443192B39.jpeg
And here they all are on your finger with that setting you had on your finger in the pic above.

B897604D-7515-4A4A-B5AE-AE9934EF0897.jpeg
@the_mother_thing one last possible request! Only if time and bored! My daughters all love the traps w the stone. Here’s an example. Would you be able to try that for me? Again. Only if feel like it!! Thanks again.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
8C5989B3-93F4-4A1D-BDC9-17808889F424.jpeg 19177E85-F353-4591-BAB4-1D1443192B39.jpeg
@the_mother_thing one last possible request! Only if time and bored! My daughters all love the traps w the stone. Here’s an example. Would you be able to try that for me? Again. Only if feel like it!! Thanks again.
Hard to tell
The way Adam sent it and he said need longer ones ones on a tilt. The one above it is a 4ct (not sure of measurements). But do you think that’s what it would look like. I guess on my finger for coverage is the question.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I will try to do this later this evening; afternoon is jam packed.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
OMG @the_mother_thing! I seriously cannot thank you enough. You went above and beyond and it all looks so precessional!!!! Lol. What do you do for a living!!! It’s so awesome to see the difference in each of the designs you presented and how it affects the coverage. I can’t believe it!! WOW! I’m speechless. What’s everyone’s favorite. I am now liking the halo better. LOL. All bc of YOU. I was ready to switch it all up but now I have such a better idea of the outcome. I do know I wanted a bezel w the halo also and prongs but Adam didn’t like that. Lol. So he is doing a CAD w only the pave diamonds but following the clipped corners and adding prongs like yours. I like how yours came out! XOXOXO
I like the first one. I typically don’t like airline but it looks quite vintagey in this setting. I also love the finger coverage.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Emeraldcutlover Here are the same four ring mock-ups with the traps. I can’t really answer definitively how wide that halo is because if you look closely at it, it appears to be angled down slightly vs. being a flat/flying-saucer type of halo (sorry for the terminology; it’s been a long day and the right words are escaping me). If I had to hazard a guess, considering it’s angled down, I’d say it’s about 1.5-1.75mm wide, but I could be totally off there.
773C0200-D2CB-43B8-A60F-8C8C385AD3F2.jpeg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I’d only do the traps with the 4th ring (far right); otherwise, it looks a little ‘too much’ to/for me. The one on the far right looks classic and elegant, but that’s MY personal taste/preference, so take it with a grain of salt and go with what YOU love/want.

Without the traps, I’d probably go with the 2nd or 3rd (two in the middle) options. I’m not personally a fan of airlines, and I’ve learned - for me - an EC doesn’t put off as much/enough sparkle for my liking, so I like the little ‘something extra’ a thin halo would provide. Then again, a diamond the size of your EC really may not need much ‘help’ because it’s size and performance probably makes it quite ‘vocal’. LOL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results