Reactions: dvj

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: dvj

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DAA05D5C-69F0-45DA-A6C8-81D898DFF848.jpeg The answer! And as of Aug 5 they ship to Canada!

tenshix

Rough_Rock
DAA05D5C-69F0-45DA-A6C8-81D898DFF848.jpeg The answer! And as of Aug 5 they ship to Canada!

Thank you so much for doing the research! Their stones really travel all over the world to be made, from the UK to India then Thailand and finally to the US, lol. Perhaps that’s why we’re waiting so long on the 2cttw stock, perhaps shipping or production delays due to covid19.

But exciting news for Canada!

@dizzyakira Thanks dear! Your collection of earrings are beautiful too, thank you for posting all your photos it really helped me with my purchase. Also strange that you got a cheap black paper box lol. Their packaging is so not on point.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I just got the blue moon ring from the Bloomingdale's sale, at 65% off. I don't think anyone's posted photos yet--at least, if they did, I missed them--so here are a few.

I like the ring. The design is cute and well balanced, and the quarter-carat blue diamond is very pretty and sparkly. It's much paler in person than it is in their photos, in most lights, but it's attractive. It reminds me of a blue version of my yellow S/T color CBI--the color is very pale, but you definitely know it's there. Like a very pale aqua. Through my idealscope I see nice arrows, maybe a tiny bit of leakage under the table, but nothing terrible (and really, who cares?).

The melee is very white, but it's set into the silver with no holes behind it, so I don't know whether it will stay clean for any time, or how I'll clean it if it gets gunked up.

I would not spend the $500 list price for this ring, but for $175 I'm happy to keep it.

I bought this half intending to use the blue diamond to replace a truly awful I2 or I3 quarter-carat OEC that's the center stone in an otherwise lovely 1920s deco platinum ring I bought for the setting. But now I'm thinking I'll keep the Lightbox blue moon ring as is and look for a different replacement stone for the antique setting.

If the blue moon earrings ever go on sale for a good price, I want them--and I would definitely consider Lightbox solitaire studs (again, if the price were good).

This photo shows the stone looking a bit more distinctly blue than it does to my eye:
fullsizeoutput_6ba5.jpeg
This photo shows the setting I was considering putting the blue diamond into:
fullsizeoutput_6ba2.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, I like that!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I can’t wear white metals. They give me eczema.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I’m so pleased Lightbox are now shipping to the UK. I ordered my 1 carat cushion cut pendant on Sunday and it arrived yesterday (Wednesday).

The pendant is lovely, extremely sparkly. This is my first time experiencing a cushion cut and I know they can be tricky because they are so variable. My diamond is very pretty. The chain (10k white gold) appears quite a bit thinner than it looked in the pictures on the Lightbox website - measuring it with a gauge it’s approximately 0.75 mm in diameter.

The diamond itself is approximately 5.5 mm wide and 6.35 mm corner to corner. I can’t find any inclusions in it (I can’t find the Lightbox laser inscription either). Unlike my other diamond solitaire pendants (which tend to fall forward onto the side of the mount or even onto their faces) this sits very nicely on the neck and doesn’t budge. In the pictures below you can see the colour difference between this and the D coloured round next to it - being a cushion cut I find it hard to gauge its colour but I’m guessing probably G.

The pictures below show it next to a 1 carat (6.46 mm) round. As expected the cushion cut stone is visibly smaller (particularly if I turn it square on) but I’m fine with that because I want this to be my everyday pendant which I can wear to go shopping, jogging etc.

My only gripe is the awful packaging it came in - a cheap flimsy branded cardboard box. I paid a smidge under £1000 for this necklace - that is a large amount by any standards and the packaging should be substantially better than it is. I realise DeBeers would want to differentiate this range from their very exclusive overpriced mined range, but they could do that without compromising so much. Unpacking a luxury purchase is part of the experience, and I had no experience whatsoever wrestling this out of its cheap cardboard. For that reason I would be reluctant purchasing Lightbox diamonds as gifts, but I would be very happy to purchase again for myself.

I’ve also shown the pendant on my finger in case people are thinking of making a ring. My finger is a UK I1/2 (which I think is a US 4.5 to 5).

lb pendant 191120-1000-2.jpg

lb pendant 191120-1018.jpg

Attachments

• lb pendant 191120-1000.jpg
    lb pendant 191120-1000.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 91

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I’ve just received my Lightbox 1 carat princess cut bezel set diamond pendant. I bought this from the Lightbox outlet and I think the reduction was about 25%. Apparently these are diamonds which don’t quite meet the colour clarity grade they normally offer. The necklace is set in sterling silver.

My verdict is very positive, it’s a lovely diamond. It does show a little more colour than my cushion cut Lightbox pendant, but only by about one grade. I don’t mind that at all. The cut seems nice and I have not been able to find any inclusions whatsoever. The silver work is also very good quality.

My only slight reservation is that the collet is very narrow and so the back of the diamond is fully exposed, I can feel the culet scratching my chest in the few minutes I tried it on. I need to wear it around the house and see if it leaves any red marks or irritation.

Initially I was thinking of comparing this to my cushion cut pendant with a view to returning one of them, but I don’t think I’ll be able to do that. They both have their own distinct characters - the cushion cut is immensely sparkly and very elegant (after being a little unsure at first, it has certainly won me over). The Princess is a little larger and the setting is a little more modern. I honestly don’t think I can part with either of them. Speaking of size the Princess pendant measures 6.7 mm across and approximately 8.9 mm corner to corner.

Shipping to the UK was quite speedy, I ordered it last Saturday night and it arrived early evening on Wednesday. lb princess 021220-1002.jpg lb princess 021220-1006.jpg lb princess 021220-1012.jpg

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
Love the Bezel! I’m tempted even though it’s definitely not in the budget right now...

That's the problem - Lightbox jewellery is quite addictive! I've tried to get around the budget issue by offering it to my husband as my upcoming birthday present. Needless to say he's not impressed by my thought process, but has agreed to give me something towards it.

CaseySF

Rough_Rock
That's the problem - Lightbox jewellery is quite addictive! I've tried to get around the budget issue by offering it to my husband as my upcoming birthday present. Needless to say he's not impressed by my thought process, but has agreed to give me something towards it.

It is addictive. I think because it offers so many options at a lower price. I'm already interesting in something new... pink earrings. But I'll wait a little while.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
Can I ask owners of the 2ctw solitaire studs about the settings please.

I see they are in fine martini settings - I've read elsewhere that these settings can be uncomfortable and can stretch out your ear holes. I've also heard they can flop forwards because there is nothing on the back of the setting to counter balance the weight of the stone. How are you all getting along with your studs? I love the look of them but I'm worried about how they might sit (I don't really want the additional cost of re-setting if I were to order them).

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Setting is sturdy . It kind of flops in one ear but not the other. I am not sure if it's the martini or my ear holes.

Last edited:

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Setting feels sturdy and the earrings sit straight and tight for me. I think it depends on how thick or delicate your earlobes are. Mine is somewhat medium and the holes have stretched from 40+ years of earrings but the earrings are not drooping. I think you can get bigger backs to help stabilize the earrings. The backs on these are medium size and seems secure (unlike the backs for the 1 ctw and below). I've worn them to sleep for a few days and it's not uncomfortable. I don't notice them until I lay my head sideways on my arm (which makes any earring uncomfortable). I've only had these a few weeks so hard to say if it makes my ear holes larger. You can always buy and return?

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Can I ask owners of the 2ctw solitaire studs about the settings please.

I see they are in fine martini settings - I've read elsewhere that these settings can be uncomfortable and can stretch out your ear holes. I've also heard they can flop forwards because there is nothing on the back of the setting to counter balance the weight of the stone. How are you all getting along with your studs? I love the look of them but I'm worried about how they might sit (I don't really want the additional cost of re-setting if I were to order them).

I think it depends on the state of your ear hole, ie previous trauma. If you are worried about the martini seting not wearing them to bed would help.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the replies - I've not had a martini setting before so it's good to get opinions. My holes are small and I want to avoid stretching them (I don't sleep in earrings). Martinis seem to get mixed reviews. My lobes are quite soft and don't completely face forward (jumbo backs do help a bit).

I can always send them back (I'm assuming they can be tried on and don't have security tape obscuring the posts).

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I'm loving the new bezel necklaces and earrings available. I'd be extremely tempted by the earrings if I didn't have to replace mine due to loss so frequently.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girls..Buy the little plastic disks from
Amazon that you put on the post first..then the backs. They will keep them upright. They’re great..

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
What plastic disks? I bought the sticker one years ago but can't wear them since the glue irritates my ears. Thanks!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
Lightbox 1.5ctw bezel set earrings from the outlet. Gorgeous. Slightly warm, but only noticeable when placed next to a D or E stone, I would say they are probably H colour. No inclusions. Next to 1.5ctw claw set diamonds these do look bigger thanks to the bezel. They are approximately 7.12mm in diameter.

Still unsure about the martini style setting, the 'arms' have a good spread which helps, but despite not tightening them too much they do feel slightly uncomfortable. Perhaps I just need to get used to them. They do sit nicely and don't droop.

Despite looking for ages with a loupe to find the Lightbox engraving, it showed up on the bottom picture (the camera back focused a little)!

untitled-1007.jpg untitled-1009.jpg

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
They are gorgeous! How are you finding the comfort of the martini settings?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous! How are you finding the comfort of the martini settings?

Totally fine for me! But in general martini settings don’t bother me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results