shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of Lightbox Jewelry

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Bloomingdale's sells LB jewelry. I haven't gone to a store yet to check it out, but plan to!

I thought I read that only some Bloomingdales carry LB (?). New York and San Francisco I think? Hopefully they will expand to all Bloomies soon if that’s the case.

I also read that their necklaces will be made in all gold starting sometime in 2020.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I thought I read that only some Bloomingdales carry LB (?). New York and San Francisco I think? Hopefully they will expand to all Bloomies soon if that’s the case.

I also read that their necklaces will be made in all gold starting sometime in 2020.

I do hope they expand the stores that carry them. Hopefully they also start increase the gold karat to at least 14k. I’m also hesitant to put 10k in my ears.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I got a Christmas present from my husband - the 5/8 carat cushion bracelet. :) 2B3E929A-F63A-4F4D-A139-F9A5F686C367.jpeg

I also got this one for Christmas. I’m thinking of sending mine back, because I think I got a dud. The supposed 5/8 carat cushion is noticeably smaller than a .5 carat asscher I have. Asschers face up smaller than cushions, so either my bracelet is not 5/8 carat or the stone was cut to a depth in excess of 75%.

I wrote a review of this on the site. I do not expect it to appear there anytime soon.

rshrewsbury

Rough_Rock
I also got this one for Christmas. I’m thinking of sending mine back, because I think I got a dud. The supposed 5/8 carat cushion is noticeably smaller than a .5 carat asscher I have. Asschers face up smaller than cushions, so either my bracelet is not 5/8 carat or the stone was cut to a depth in excess of 75%.

I wrote a review of this on the site. I do not expect it to appear there anytime soon.

You may have gotten a bad one. I wish they included information about the diamond as part of the package. All I know about mine is it appears to be a nice size and has a lot of sparkle - which I love of course. The only thing I’m not loving about mine is that it keeps flipping upside down, which I guess is to be expected with a bracelet like this. I’ll eventually have it re-mounted in a different material but what that will look like - I’m not sure. Maybe a solitaire bangle of some sort?

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
You may have gotten a bad one. I wish they included information about the diamond as part of the package. All I know about mine is it appears to be a nice size and has a lot of sparkle - which I love of course. The only thing I’m not loving about mine is that it keeps flipping upside down, which I guess is to be expected with a bracelet like this. I’ll eventually have it re-mounted in a different material but what that will look like - I’m not sure. Maybe a solitaire bangle of some sort?

It is hard to tell from the picture, but yours does look to be a better size. Mine flips upside down too. I actually have that problem with another diamond bracelet, a WF by the yard style, and in comparison I don’t mind because it’s only the one stone to be flipping.

How do you find the chain length? Mine is pretty long and hangs down my hand.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I don’t have calipers, so it’s not easy for me to get an accurate measurement. But here is a pic of my 5/8 cushion next to a 1/2 asscher. I think the cushion is smaller even though it should not be. Let me know if I’m wrong.
82DA1510-4F5A-49D4-A3E7-E9F7EA4CE53D.jpeg

rshrewsbury

Rough_Rock
I don’t have calipers, so it’s not easy for me to get an accurate measurement. But here is a pic of my 5/8 cushion next to a 1/2 asscher. I think the cushion is smaller even though it should not be. Let me know if I’m wrong.
82DA1510-4F5A-49D4-A3E7-E9F7EA4CE53D.jpeg

I did some reading and I found a few resources that mention cushion cuts appearing smaller than other cuts because they are usually deeper. That said, I’ve heard asschers are the same way.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
My new .88 Lightbox engagement ring in 14k rose gold, size 4. Setting from Hayden Cudworth, set by local jeweler.

RDT_20200127_1927285221095438775012566.jpg

And some shots with my future wedding ring (0.5 tcw, Osprey ring from Hayden Cudworth, also in 14k rose gold)
IMG_20200128_151007.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

fyi I got an email about "retiring" styles if anyone is interested in trying lightbox out at a discount...

1580326819761.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful @DoeEyes! Your diamond looks so much bigger thian the .50. Do you love the size? I think it looks gorgeous with your diamond wedding band..

M

Marriedbuteloped

@DoeEyes I have a question for you: If you hold both you 0.5 ring and your 0.88 ring next to each other, do you see a color difference in the diamonds. Maybe your settings reflect differently but I am curious how consistent the diamonds are on color? Oh and what did you do with the small blue diamond from the necklace?

Thanks

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful @DoeEyes! Your diamond looks so much bigger thian the .50. Do you love the size? I think it looks gorgeous with your diamond wedding band..

Yep I love it! Much bigger and I love the rose gold so much more than white gold. It makes the stone look even whiter!

@DoeEyes I have a question for you: If you hold both you 0.5 ring and your 0.88 ring next to each other, do you see a color difference in the diamonds. Maybe your settings reflect differently but I am curious how consistent the diamonds are on color? Oh and what did you do with the small blue diamond from the necklace?

Thanks

They look pretty much the same to me now that I cleaned the 0.5. The 0.88 might look a little warmer but it might just be the setting. Here's a picture of them together and I tried to take a video but I don't think I'm in the best lighting.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200130193731331_COVER~2.jpg

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and I almost forgot about the necklace! I had a CZ set into the necklace with the blue diamond. Here they are all together. IMG_20200130_200040.jpg

Can I be naughty, derail, and ask where you got your box from?? It's pretty!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock

Amazon $13!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Amazon $13!

Cool! Thanks!

M

Marriedbuteloped

I was thinking the same thing but I am not surprised it was Amazon. I just ordered a bigger one and love it as well.

M

Marriedbuteloped

Oh and I almost forgot about the necklace! I had a CZ set into the necklace with the blue diamondHere they are all together.

Thank you for the pictures. It's really hard to see a color difference that might not be caused by the setting. So that is a good that LB is consistent in color.

The necklace is pretty too. Do you wear it?

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the pictures. It's really hard to see a color difference that might not be caused by the setting. So that is a good that LB is consistent in color.

The necklace is pretty too. Do you wear it?

Yes I'm wearing it today! I wear the first one too, the 0.5 pendant, both have CZ replacements.

IMG_20200131_160810.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the 3/8 solitaire for 290$ including shipping during the outlet sale. I was intending it as a gift for my mom but I think it might be too small for her so I might earmark it for my sister instead. Looks great!

13BF299A-45FA-4587-8B35-CC5DCD29DA22.jpeg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I got the 3/8 solitaire for 290$ including shipping during the outlet sale. I was intending it as a gift for my mom but I think it might be too small for her so I might earmark it for my sister instead. Looks great!

13BF299A-45FA-4587-8B35-CC5DCD29DA22.jpeg

Oooh - I like that!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh - I like that!

Thanks!
I think my little sister will love it. Her birthday is in a few months and she likes fancy gifts lol. I spoil her!
I also was a little bit bad and ordered the new 1ct in 10k white gold necklace so that we will have "matching" necklaces and she also loves it when we match. We have quite a few matching outfits and now we'll have matching diamond jewelry too!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!
I think my little sister will love it. Her birthday is in a few months and she likes fancy gifts lol. I spoil her!
I also was a little bit bad and ordered the new 1ct in 10k white gold necklace so that we will have "matching" necklaces and she also loves it when we match. We have quite a few matching outfits and now we'll have matching diamond jewelry too!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 1 carat!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s here! It’s gorgeous! I’m about to go out but I’ll take videos tomorrow! 4B0B53FE-F1C6-4362-9445-9536D158AFB3.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results