shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of Lightbox Jewelry

Discussion in 'Laboratory-Grown Diamonds /Man-Made Diamonds (MMD)' started by frogplus, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Lee_Tol
    Rough_Rock

by Lee_Tol » Dec 25, 2018
    @JrJ Thank you. I'm glad to hear that's another data point for a successful return but I'm apprehensive about a return without a signature since they state that they won't accept liability for any reason if it doesn't get back to them. I couldn't even re-route the original delivery to me to a FedEx Office location, and had to pick it up at the terminal.

2. JrJ
    Shiny_Rock

by JrJ » Dec 25, 2018
    I completely understand. I was nuts until I saw they received it. I don’t even know if I would do it again because is the anxiety it caused me.

Lee_Tol likes this.
  3. pearaffair
    Ideal_Rock

by pearaffair » Dec 28, 2018
    I returned a lightbox necklace from Canada, using Canada post. It worked just fine.

4. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

by innerkitten » Jan 2, 2019
    I'm testing the waters. I just ordered the pink half carat solitaire pendant. I went to The Jewels of the Maharaja at the Palace of legion of Honor the other day, saw the Agra diamond, and decided to try a lab diamond in pink.

Mamabean, Nitedula and kgizo like this.

5. asikora
    Rough_Rock

by asikora » Jan 4, 2019
    I purchased the 1 ct. white princess and had it reset in 14K simple gold. I'm very pleased for $1150 all in.

pearaffair, kgizo, Nitedula and 3 others like this.
  6. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

by innerkitten » Jan 4, 2019
    Great idea! Can we see?

7. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

by innerkitten » Jan 4, 2019
    this isn't a great photo. 20190104_193621.jpg

But you can see the pink MMD next to my mined diamond rings. It's pastel but looks brighter in sunlight.

8. asikora
    Rough_Rock

by asikora » Jan 9, 2019
    Here you go...Ive been a lurker here for 15 years, but never posted much. The stone is whiter than my GIA "G" radiant, and a VS1 (I found one slight inclusion under loupe)

9. frogplus
    Shiny_Rock

by frogplus » Jan 9, 2019
    Here's my half carat Lightbox engagement ring! Just posted full engagement story you can check out in my post history if you want, but here are the pics. I'm happier than I've ever been in my entire life. Can't stop crying. And the ring is perfect.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  10. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

by innerkitten » Jan 10, 2019
    Congrats on your engagement!

frogplus likes this.

11. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

by innerkitten » Jan 10, 2019
    Looks really nice. I like the simple setting!

asikora likes this.
  12. vintageloves
    Shiny_Rock

by vintageloves » Jan 17, 2019
    Went ahead and ordered another lightbox. After missing out on the two-stone with the 1 carat on the bottom, I decided to get the new 3/4 carat blue solitaire. I'm not as happy with it as I am the princess and the tags are still on while I decide. It took me a couple days for me and my princess to become inseparable and I'm hoping this grows on me as well.

IMG_0066.jpg

I posted side by side with the princess for comparison. It might be the color tricking my eye, but it looks smaller than it should to me. I wish I had a way to measure it. The color is a lovely aqua color. In diffused light it looks darker and almost teal like above, but in most other conditions its lighter. It is however always noticeably blue, even at a distance. The pendant is very flippy when worn, which is a flaw in the setting design. Overall, though, I think owning a blue diamond is pretty darn cool.

I read an article that said lightbox is introducing stacking rings in the first quarter of 2019 and then bracelets later this year. I'm really looking forward to those because I don't think I'd need yet another necklace, especially if they are going to stick to just rounds and princesses.

pearaffair, dizzyakira, kgizo and 5 others like this.
  13. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

by innerkitten » Jan 17, 2019
    I like them both :). The princess of course, and the blue is very pretty!
    Can't wait to see what the stacking rings look like.

14. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Jan 17, 2019
    They came out with white princess studs..but they’re sold out. I wanted bigger so it wouldn’t work for me anyway..

15. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

16. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Jan 18, 2019
    Yes 1ctw... .5 each.

17. kindred
    Brilliant_Rock

by kindred » Feb 1, 2019
    Just received this e-mail from Lightbox:

As a "thank you" for being one of our first Lightbox customers, we're offering up an exclusive early invite to pre-order our new Hearts collection 72 hours before anyone else.

Follow the link below (make sure you are signed in) and order to your heart's content

pearaffair, kgizo and Mamabean like this.
  18. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Feb 1, 2019
    Are you going to get them? I see they have the princess studs now..but I ordered unmentionables now so won’t get them.

19. kindred
    Brilliant_Rock

by kindred » Feb 1, 2019
    No, @Mamabean. I am still holding out hope for a 1 ct. white solitaire. :lol:

Mamabean likes this.
  20. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Feb 1, 2019
    They have the princess cut 1 carat now but I moved on. I was getting crazy checking almost every day!
    They do have a one carat but it has the little blue diamond with it...

21. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

by innerkitten » Feb 3, 2019
    I just checked and the 1 carat princess was sold out again! It must be their best seller.

kgizo and Mamabean like this.
  22. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Feb 3, 2019
    Their website is the most frustrating place to look!

kgizo likes this.
  23. pearaffair
    Ideal_Rock

by pearaffair » Feb 3, 2019
    You guys know you can get on the email notification list for things that are sold out?

Mamabean likes this.
  24. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Feb 3, 2019
    Yes but I haven’t received one email. I moved on so will probably wait for rings they say are in the works.

25. Marriedbuteloped
    Rough_Rock

by Marriedbuteloped » Feb 5, 2019
    Hi,
    want to say Hi to the ladies here as I have been obsessively reading in the back round. I also reset a light box diamond, the 1 ct. princess from the necklace.
    But I'd like to introduce myself: I have been married for 20 years but we eloped. I was never really interested in an engagement ring, maybe because I am from Europe. But after living in the US for years my appetite grew. But we never not had the funds. I also had ethical concerns. About 10 years ago I read an article about a company called Apollo Diamonds in the Boston area. They produced small, white MMDs and I have been obsessed with them ever since. Their story was unbelievable. From a hidden manufacturing location to death treats to the CEO..But they only produced a few jewelry grade diamonds and I had been on their mailing list for years waiting for something 'bigger". They were bought out in the meantime. I was hooked to the idea of MMDs but willing to wait. Jump to spring 2018 and DeBeers Lightbox announcement. My time finally came. :) So in December I ordered my 1 ct. diamond and had it reset in a ring. My endevor took 4 weeks altogether and cost $1900 ($900 for lightbox and $1000 for the new setting). It is 18ct two tone. Just like @frogplus I am extremely happy and so glad I waited. I also have to thank her. @frogplus your story was inspiration to me and so similar. I even had the knot in my necklace when I first got it and almost flipped out trying to untie it. :) I had the empty silver setting of the necklace filled with CZ ($50) and gave it to my daughter for Christmas. Another idea I got from here. Here are my photos. Feel free to ask anything. You guys are great here. Very inspirational and positive!
    Angela

PS: The jeweler that reset the ring said that it was a very nice MMD diamond but was not familiar with lightbox. The lady that cashed me out of course had to say something snarky like: well that is not real diamond. And while I am happy to educate anyone who is willing to listen I decided to take the high road.

IMG_2092.JPG
    IMG_2093.JPG IMG_2094.JPG IMG_2096.JPG

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  26. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Feb 5, 2019
    The diamond looks so pretty in your setting!

nsaidsnirse420 likes this.
  27. Marriedbuteloped
    Rough_Rock

by Marriedbuteloped » Feb 5, 2019
    Your ring is very very pretty. Love the clean and sleek design. I just posted how I had read and enjoyed your story. I just posted some pictures from mine.
    I am very happy that you are so happy. You deserve it! And the ring is just an accessory....

28. kgizo
    Brilliant_Rock

29. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock