shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of Lightbox Jewelry

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’d just go play with the James Allen tool. I’m assuming an F/VS2 at a minimum because they’re completely eye clean and bright white.
Great idea. I heard they’re vs quality from somewhere..They’re probably very good cut and a minimum f color..

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
I'm 100% happy with it! It's more that as I've been telling a few friends about it who don't know anything about diamonds, I try to explain that this same quality of diamond, if it were natural it would have been $x... Maybe $1500-3000 based on a Whiteflash search for .5 D-G VG-ideal IF-VS2? So since this one was $500, it's like getting a 70-85% discount just because it's lab-grown instead of mined. :dance: But I'd like to know what a real comparable number would be instead of just guessing and probably being wrong.
Oh yeaaa, so get the colour MMD from Light Box and tell your friends that it like getting a .... 99% to 99.99% discount just because of lab grown:lol:!!! Your friends then will be shock and die:lol-2::lol-2:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Mamabean and MissStepcut, F/VS2/VG on JA is a more accurate comparison than WF. So maybe $1,600 vs the $400 + setting LB price for a 0.5ct. Of course, you can find pre-loved stones for less than $1,600 so wonder what percentage of people on a budget would prefer lab or pre-loved. Also curious what the average price is for lab created sapphires, emeralds, etc vs non-lab stones. Of course, if one is going to focus so much on price they might as well treat it as a true commodity and just get a plain precious metal band.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with Mamabean and MissStepcut, F/VS2/VG on JA is a more accurate comparison than WF. So maybe $1,600 vs the $400 + setting LB price for a 0.5ct. Of course, you can find pre-loved stones for less than $1,600 so wonder what percentage of people on a budget would prefer lab or pre-loved. Also curious what the average price is for lab created sapphires, emeralds, etc vs non-lab stones. Of course, if one is going to focus so much on price they might as well treat it as a true commodity and just get a plain precious metal band.
Well as for me I was in the market for .5 stones for a long time to get diamond studs, so I’m pretty sure no preloved, bright white, eye clean .5ers were coming my way for anything close to $500/each. There have been a couple of pairs to come on the market to tempt me for $2k total.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well as for me I was in the market for .5 stones for a long time to get diamond studs, so I’m pretty sure no preloved, bright white, eye clean .5ers were coming my way for anything close to $500/each. There have been a couple of pairs to come on the market to tempt me for $2k total.
Yup..I’m going to get the princess 1ctws if they come out with the white. I did the search tool and if I were to do mined diamonds they would be well over $2k..closer to $3k because I make myself crazy with the specs..I’m going lab for them.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The market may have adjusted for half carats. A .45ct ideal cut F color SI1 mmd starts at about $500 at one store. If Lightbox paid for the IGI certifications and sold their rocks separately from the settings, they’d probably be about the same price.
https://www.cleanorigin.com/diamonds/#diamond_carat=0.45,0.5700000000000001&diamond_clarity=10,11,12,13,14&diamond_color=40,39,38,37&diamond_shape=3

It’s still a steal for a 1 ct mmd that are $2,000+ in the same store.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Of course LB hasn’t actually sold and 1ct rounds yet so we will see if everything adjusts around that.

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
The market may have adjusted for half carats. A .45ct ideal cut F color SI1 mmd starts at about $500 at one store. If Lightbox paid for the IGI certifications and sold their rocks separately from the settings, they’d probably be about the same price.
https://www.cleanorigin.com/diamonds/#diamond_carat=0.45,0.5700000000000001&diamond_clarity=10,11,12,13,14&diamond_color=40,39,38,37&diamond_shape=3

It’s still a steal for a 1 ct mmd that are $2,000+ in the same store.
They have to drop the price very soon:lol:. See how those MMD sellers, "manufactures" have cheated the market by seting their prices "discount"from the nature diamonds pricing:eek2:? The MMD will be as cheap as other "lab grown" ruby, sapphire ... Thank to Lightbox, consumers will be benefited :mrgreen2:

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They have to drop the price very soon:lol:. See how those MMD sellers, "manufactures" have cheated the market by seting their prices "discount"from the nature diamonds pricing:eek2:? The MMD will be as cheap as other "lab grown" ruby, sapphire ... Thank to Lightbox, consumers will be benefited :mrgreen2:

I would guess other manufacturers were spending a lot more than DeBeers to culture these diamonds. I am not sure they’ll easily be able to compete with the standard now set by LB.

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
I would guess other manufacturers were spending a lot more than DeBeers to culture these diamonds. I am not sure they’ll easily be able to compete with the standard now set by LB.
Not actually. Since 1950s up to now the cost of "manufacturing" lab diamond is decreasing fast. Even now a day MMD is dirt cheap in China. If there is market demand, the cost to make those "lab stones" will be decreased faster and fadter. The thing is the MMD manufactures just want to take advantages from nature diamonds and keep cheating :roll

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
If it were that cheap and easy, each one of us would have a diamond making machine in our basements.

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
Be patient, not now :D But what for? Does any body admire a "lab" ruby, "lab" sapphire, "lab" jadite ...decorated rest room or basement?:lol:

You can contact some "MMD manufactures" from China, bargain for whatever wholesale or retail price to see how cheap the MMD are :naughty: http://www.llgem.com/product/Polished-and-Cut-Diamond.html

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
Yes, cut and ...everything::shock:
"2. Informations of VVS Polished and Cut Diamond:

VVS Polished and Cut Diamond for Jewellery with various size.

Purity of Polished and Cut Diamond: VS, VVS, SI
Color Grade of Polished and Cut Diamond: D, E, F, G, H, I, J"

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
And yet no photos, no e-commerce platform, NO PRICES.
ya, almost for the " wholesale with bargain prices". Anyway, you can contact to get an idea how cheap MMD are if you are courios:roll2:

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ya, almost for the " wholesale with bargain prices". Anyway, you can contact to get an idea how cheap MMD are if you are courios:roll2:
The beauty of capitalism is, if it’s true that they have large, white, jewelry quality stones for less than DeBeers Lightbox, we will know within weeks. Someone will fix the market inefficiency.

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
The beauty of capitalism is, if it’s true that they have large, white, jewelry quality stones for less than DeBeers Lightbox, we will know within weeks. Someone will fix the market inefficiency.
If there is such market demand say MMD for "costume jewellery", there will be "mass production".Before this Sep, many people had a doubt on Lightbox' quality just because of its "shocking" prices:mrgreen:. People still think it cost too much to make MMD:lol:! Debeers never sell under its cost! They are just the pioneer to create a different market segment for MMD!

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock

Here's to hoping! Lightbox has ruined me for other diamonds. I have what I consider to be a massive budget for my 15th anniversary ring, and I can't even get two carats. I keep coming back to how my lovely lightbox princess was 1/20th of the price. I'm all in on MMDs. I keep bragging to my husband about how I'm an "early adopter" like Chanel with cultured pearls. Fashion icon, here I come!

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Here's to hoping! Lightbox has ruined me for other diamonds. I have what I consider to be a massive budget for my 15th anniversary ring, and I can't even get two carats. I keep coming back to how my lovely lightbox princess was 1/20th of the price. I'm all in on MMDs. I keep bragging to my husband about how I'm an "early adopter" like Chanel with cultured pearls. Fashion icon, here I come!
My first mmd was my “cultured diamond” e-ring in 2007, but I’m no Coco. Maybe a Janet Reno.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I also can’t really imagine buying a natural stone anymore. I love my natural emerald that’s in my engagement ring but...

VDK1

Shiny_Rock

Yes, "lightbox princess was 1/20th of the price". Just some weeks ago, who was always saying: that " MMD price is 80% to 70 % nature diamond" and "Lightbox MMD are so cheap quality":rolleyes:??? And yes, be happy with the "Fashion icon":appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also can’t really imagine buying a natural stone anymore. I love my natural emerald that’s in my engagement ring but...
I’m hoping other companies come out with larger stones in quality settings. I will be able to spend a decent sum to get a right hand ring after Christmas..but that decent sum will not give me the finger coverage I want. I also want other jewelry and if I spend it all on one ring it would be disappointing..I would like to get both mined and lab diamonds to get more bling for my money..

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Yes, "lightbox princess was 1/20th of the price". Just some weeks ago, who was always saying: that " MMD price is 80% to 70 % nature diamond" and "Lightbox MMD are so cheap quality":rolleyes:??? And yes, be happy with the "Fashion icon":appl:

I apologize, but I never understand what your posts are trying to say.

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
@vintageloves , Before the availability of Light Box MMD , some people in this forum thought Light Box could only deliver "cheap quality" things. People also believe that MMD are valuable and should always cost 80% to 70% price of nature diamonds!

Now many members of this forum get their Light Box MMD. They are very happy with those "Fashion icon" at a very reasonable price like yours:sun:.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think "fashion icon" is meant to say "fashion jewelry" - lightbox positioning as casual/fashion jewelry and a lot of people saying they would buy for their kids etc but may not be high enough quality for fine jewelry. i have to say, $800 earrings is still serious business to me tho! glad to see everyone enjoying their purchases so far. =)

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
You are right @bludiva, MMD is casual/fashion jewelry. 800 usd/ carat is still hight for such thing. Prices certainly are droping fast.

FYI, a 1ct "colorless", "good enough" cut MMD was selling for about 4.8 k usd in March 2017 . It was about 4.3 k usd in March 2018. Now it is just about 2.1k usd ! ( from other suppliers, not LightBox:$$):)

Who will pay more than 800usd / carat now?

Last edited:

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
You are right @bludiva, MMD is casual/fashion jewelry.

That's your opinion, and I wish you would stop trying to spread it as if it's fact. MMD and natural diamonds are the exact same material, period. The only difference is the source. Mined from nature vs grown in a lab.

I don't think the source of a material has any impact on whether it's "fun" or "serious" jewelry. I'm not entirely sure what "serious" jewelery even is. I'm using Lightbox for my engagement ring and that's about the most serious piece of jewelry I've ever considered owning. Are your saying my engagement ring is casual/jashion jewelry because the diamond in it was grown in a lab? It's just such a ridiculous opinion and I'm sick of your snarky comments shitting all over the diamond I'm going to have on my finger for the rest of my life symbolizing my marriage.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's your opinion, and I wish you would stop trying to spread it as if it's fact. MMD and natural diamonds are the exact same material, period. The only difference is the source. Mined from nature vs grown in a lab.

I don't think the source of a material has any impact on whether it's "fun" or "serious" jewelry. I'm not entirely sure what "serious" jewelery even is. I'm using Lightbox for my engagement ring and that's about the most serious piece of jewelry I've ever considered owning. Are your saying my engagement ring is casual/jashion jewelry because the diamond in it was grown in a lab? It's just such a ridiculous opinion and I'm sick of your snarky comments shitting all over the diamond I'm going to have on my finger for the rest of my life symbolizing my marriage.
@frogplus I hit his like by mistake. FWIW I don’t think your diamond is a less than diamond. It’s a beautiful diamond no matter how it got here. There are people that feel strongly about not wearing a lab diamond..and others are happy to wear both. I will be happy to wear both. I have quite a few diamond earrings and a pair of moissanite studs too. I’m getting the princess cut Lightbox studs for myself for Christmas. I’m not sure what he/she was trying to say. I don’t understand what he says sometimes because I think there’s a language barrier. I’m not sure..but your ring will be beautiful and it IS a diamond but you know that already. :kiss2:

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I think the line between "casual/fun" and "serious" jewelry is a distinction without a difference for many people. It's sort of like how the ladies over at purseforum have casual bags, dinner bags, work bags, city bags, country bags... and the rest of us just have bags. Most of us just have jewelry. My husband and I go to $$$$ restaurants about once a week. My lightbox is as home there as it is on a photo shoot where I'm covered in mud and chasing down ducks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results