shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Pastel Perfection! 1.7 J VS2 AVR

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I so appreciate that, valeria101! You made my day!! It took a lot of trial and error... and about a 1000 outtakes :lol: But who wouldn't want to spend a couple of hours looking at a pretty diamond?!

:lol::lol: this is the RIGHT type of fever!! I would hate for her to feel lonely! I'm planning to work in some french cuts into the design to keep her company for now! But someday she may need a more grown up friend! :);-)
Love the way you think!!! ;-)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm planning to work in some french cuts into the design ... But someday she may need a more grown up friend

They will love you back for bringing them together !

Many ways to do it - all beautiful ...

_____

Digressing,
It so happens I have 'XOX' rings on my mind lately - where a round-ish stone lives between two relatively large squares [Old Cartier & New Yoram] ... I imagine you are after something quite different, but the good will running between OE/MC & the French is singing everywhere .-)

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for all of your lovely comments! This is such a supportive and positive community-a rare find! :)

After communicating with Caysie this week, we're moving forward with a new design! Here is the inspiration for the setting, a 1920s art deco style ring. The ring in this picture had illusion box/fishtail prongs around the center stone (edited out in this photo), which I didn't love so we're changing it to double claw prongs. It will have twelve french cuts (!!)--six per side--flanking the center stone in a step down pattern :love: Caysie is so wonderful and easy to work with too! Can't wait to have it on my finger and to show off her masterful work!

Ring prongs edited out.png

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popped into PS and noticed your beautiful AVR!:love: The pictures are divine--can wait to see it in it's final home!:appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone for all of your lovely comments! This is such a supportive and positive community-a rare find! :)

After communicating with Caysie this week, we're moving forward with a new design! Here is the inspiration for the setting, a 1920s art deco style ring. The ring in this picture had illusion box/fishtail prongs around the center stone (edited out in this photo), which I didn't love so we're changing it to double claw prongs. It will have twelve french cuts (!!)--six per side--flanking the center stone in a step down pattern :love: Caysie is so wonderful and easy to work with too! Can't wait to have it on my finger and to show off her masterful work!

Ring prongs edited out.png
LOVE LOVE LOVE Art Deco!! She's going to look smashing in her new dress!!! :love::love::love:

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good for you! I think the step down pattern Art Deco with French cut is gonna be a knock out and one-of-a-kind ring! I am really happy for you and that you took your time in getting what you wanted! Caysie will do a fabulous job and please let us know when your ring is done! Ok one more thing, it's gonna be done in platinum right????

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Just popped into PS and noticed your beautiful AVR!:love: The pictures are divine--can wait to see it in it's final home!:appl:

Thanks, m-2-b! I definitely looked through all of your stunning photography for inspiration of how to do it right! I learned a lot so thank you!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Art Deco!! She's going to look smashing in her new dress!!! :love::love::love:

:D She deserves to be all dressed up and looking the best!! I think Art Deco styles complements OECs so well!

Good for you! I think the step down pattern Art Deco with French cut is gonna be a knock out and one-of-a-kind ring! I am really happy for you and that you took your time in getting what you wanted! Caysie will do a fabulous job and please let us know when your ring is done! Ok one more thing, it's gonna be done in platinum right????

Unique but classic is what I'm going for so I'm glad you think it will be one of a kind :D Yes, plantinum! Caysie will do incredible things with it, I'm sure!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone is an absolute perfection! :love: I admired it on LT for a while and I am so happy that it is staying in the PS family! Also, no one better but CvB to create a gorgeous setting for a gorgeous AVR! Cannot wait to see the finished ring and congrats on your upcoming engagement!!

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
Awesome decision - can't wait to see the finished product and Caysie will do a killer job! I loved her in the simple solitaire but she was always meant for greater things. So excited for you!!

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
Oooohhhhhh so excited to see this setting!! Sounds divine!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loveee the design and can't wait to see once it's done!! What's not to love about a gorgeous AVR and frenchies?!?!? Drooool! :love::lickout:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! The stone is perfection! Beautiful colors! :love::love::love:

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
This stone is an absolute perfection! :love: I admired it on LT for a while and I am so happy that it is staying in the PS family! Also, no one better but CvB to create a gorgeous setting for a gorgeous AVR! Cannot wait to see the finished ring and congrats on your upcoming engagement!!

Thank you so much, SimoneDi!! I agree that Caysie will do a gorgeous job and can't wait to see the final product! :mrgreen2:

Awesome decision - can't wait to see the finished product and Caysie will do a killer job! I loved her in the simple solitaire but she was always meant for greater things. So excited for you!!

If she can look that amazing in the simple solitaire, I think she'll have no problem with the extra bling! So glad you like it!

Oooohhhhhh so excited to see this setting!! Sounds divine!

I'm going for as much sparkle as possible while still letting the AVR shine--the best kind of settings for these beauties! I think yours fits that description too! I keep going back to your teaser post in the Summer Bling thread and admiring your new ring :love::love: Can't wait for us both to be able to show off more pics!

Loveee the design and can't wait to see once it's done!! What's not to love about a gorgeous AVR and frenchies?!?!? Drooool! :love::lickout:

I figured as long as I'm crossing off one bucket list item in the AVR, I may as well cross off frenchies at the same time!! :lol-2: Thanks, I'll be back with more pictures!

Wow! The stone is perfection! Beautiful colors! :love::love::love:

Thanks, Roi! The colors are really outstanding, I love it! :love:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Ring!!! The pictures are just incredible.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!:love: And I am super impressed by your mad photography skills....Niiiice!

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous Ring!!! The pictures are just incredible.

Beautiful!:love: And I am super impressed by your mad photography skills....Niiiice!

Thanks so much for your sweet comments, Calliecake and missy! I think I ended up with around 900 outtakes after my "photoshoots" :lol-2::lol-2: It was definitely not as easy as it looks!! Hopefully the complete CVB ring cooperates for pictures as much as the AVR! :mrgreen2:

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm speechless! I was sure I wanted a MRB, but that video you posted (and the amazing pics too) is making me perhaps change my mind. It looks breathtaking! I can't wait to see the setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love your inspiration setting! It is going to be gorgeous! I have been debating for ages about a setting for my AVR, so I greatly admire your ability to make a great and rapid decision! Poor Caysie will be really happy when I decide considering I have talked to her multiple times and never can commit! (However, I have managed to do a few other projects!)

I can't wait to see your finished ring!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond and it will be perfect in your custom CvB setting!

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
I'm almost as excited to see your finished ring as I am to get my re-sized one back in the mail! I have been stalking it since it left SK yesterday - even waking up at like 4 am and hitting refresh on my phone - haha! What timeline has Caysie given you? I didn't go for frenchies for my ering because of the price (I didn't even get it quoted because of how costly people on here make it sound), but I'm going to HAVE to get a band or something to satisfy that craving!

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Wow, I'm speechless! I was sure I wanted a MRB, but that video you posted (and the amazing pics too) is making me perhaps change my mind. It looks breathtaking! I can't wait to see the setting.

Aww thank you, starrysim! You know from a distance, I likely wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an MRB and an OEC cut. But up close I do notice broader reflections and definitely more colors! Both are beautiful though, you can't go wrong! :D

Oh, I love your inspiration setting! It is going to be gorgeous! I have been debating for ages about a setting for my AVR, so I greatly admire your ability to make a great and rapid decision! Poor Caysie will be really happy when I decide considering I have talked to her multiple times and never can commit! (However, I have managed to do a few other projects!)

I can't wait to see your finished ring!

Thanks DS! I'm certain I would be in the same position as you if I didn't have the timeline of an engagement to push me along! Caysie really helped me talk it all through and her enthusiasm for the inspiration ring helped me commit faster than I might have otherwise. I trust her judgement and can't wait to see it too!

Gorgeous diamond and it will be perfect in your custom CvB setting!

Thanks bright ice! I know she'll do an incredible job :dance:

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
I'm almost as excited to see your finished ring as I am to get my re-sized one back in the mail! I have been stalking it since it left SK yesterday - even waking up at like 4 am and hitting refresh on my phone - haha! What timeline has Caysie given you? I didn't go for frenchies for my ering because of the price (I didn't even get it quoted because of how costly people on here make it sound), but I'm going to HAVE to get a band or something to satisfy that craving!

Ha! I was doing the exact same thing waiting for the diamond to be shipped to me. I signed up for email alerts, text alerts, phone notification alerts... anything that would let me know where it is :lol: I'm so excited to see more pictures once it's back with you!

Caysie approximated 4 weeks from CAD approval. Much shorter than I was anticipating! She got the CADs to me within the week of me originally contacting her so I would guess the finished ring would be shipped to us around the end of August (although I have a feeling it will be a bit until I have it as my SO would like some element of surprise with the proposal!) Since the stone was preloved, we were able to save a bit on the stone budget to apply to the setting. So our setting budget ended up being around $4,000 and Caysie was able to come in under it. I LOVE French cut bands too. I'm hoping to get one of her bands to wear with it but I'll have to decide which one! Are you thinking you'll wear a wedding band with yours?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL... I just noticed the "Alerts" tab now on PS and found this thread. Bordeaux ... ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!! Your photography really does the diamond justice, particularly it's edge to edge brilliance. As a photographer myself I have to ask ... whatcha shootin with?

Kindest regards,
Jonathan

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
LOL... I just noticed the "Alerts" tab now on PS and found this thread. Bordeaux ... ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!! Your photography really does the diamond justice, particularly it's edge to edge brilliance. As a photographer myself I have to ask ... whatcha shootin with?

Kindest regards,
Jonathan

Can I second this request?? I'm fairly limited with lenses tho :/

Also, WOW - I'm blown away by that pricing for a setting that incorporates frenchies!! I'll definitely have Caysie quote me for a frenchy wedding band! I do intend to wear my ring with a band! Tri-gold jewelry has always been big in my family - I originally wanted a rose gold ering, but SO veto'd that. So now I'm thinking I'll get a yellow gold bright set band, and then add some sort of frenchies in RG band. I won't even let myself start searching for the right design yet, because there's so much else to focus on in the meantime! Just STARTING to look at vendors has stressed me out to the max!

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock

Kindest regards,
Jonathan

Can I second this request?? I'm fairly limited with lenses tho :/

Also, WOW - I'm blown away by that pricing for a setting that incorporates frenchies!! I'll definitely have Caysie quote me for a frenchy wedding band! I do intend to wear my ring with a band! Tri-gold jewelry has always been big in my family - I originally wanted a rose gold ering, but SO veto'd that. So now I'm thinking I'll get a yellow gold bright set band, and then add some sort of frenchies in RG band. I won't even let myself start searching for the right design yet, because there's so much else to focus on in the meantime! Just STARTING to look at vendors has stressed me out to the max!

Hi @Rhino!! I’m so glad you made your way here eventually! Without you and your amazing products, I wouldn’t have such lovely pictures to show off!

I used a Nikon D40 with a 18-55mm lens. I didn’t want to buy a full new macro lens for the camera since I was borrowing it but I found some inexpensive Polaroid screw on macro lenses on Amazon. They really helped! That and great natural lighting outside created a deadly combination :appl:

I agree, dazzle, there are so many beautiful choices and it gets overwhelming fast. Tri-gold will be gorgeous and so awesome that a family tradition of mixing metals is popular right now too. It's hard to go wrong when working with all of these amazing vendors! I'll probably wait a few months before diving into it all again.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now for some close ups!
23DSC_0170.jpg 25DSC_0175.jpg 28DSC_0214.jpg
Crazy beautiful stone
Inspired beautiful setting creation
Madly beautiful photo skills
Hat Trick!
I've never seen one of these beauties in real life- and I doubt I will. Tell me- does the eye/mind "see" the stone like this in real life?
Just beautiful......
Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results