shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Pastel Perfection! 1.7 J VS2 AVR

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
I'm so thrilled to finally be able to contribute my stunning new stone to this forum! Stats listed before the pictures!

I began my side hobby of perusing Pricescope about four years ago to distract myself from studying while in graduate school. I knew an engagement ring was a big purchase my SO and I would be making in the upcoming years so I decided to become as knowledgeable as possible to ensure a successful buy. Little did I know how hard I would fall in love with this forum and come away with an honorary degree in Diamonds and Jewelry :read: :lol:

Fast forward a few years through graduate school graduation plus a dream job, a cross-country move back to my home state with SO in tow, and a house purchase later, we finally saved up enough to move forward with a diamond purchase!

I adore vintage cuts but will admit I'm a type A perfectionist so perfect optical symmetry was a must. I narrowed it down to an AVR or CER began obsessively checking GOG's and Victor Canera's inventory. My desired specs were I-K, VS2+, at least 7.5mm spread.

After exchanging emails with Victor and Jonathon, I decided to submit a custom cut inquiry request to Jon in early February. I cannot emphasize enough how responsive, kind, and detailed he is. I immediately felt like a valued friend and think GOG's customer service is truly unmatched. I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat!

Like many others on these forums have expressed, the timing of the custom cut route can be unpredictable. When we reached the four month mark at the beginning of June with no luck locating a suitable rough, I felt a bit discouraged. Although SO and I don't have a strict timeline for engagement, I knew once a rough was located there would still be a significant amount of time until the finished stone was in hand. Not to mention time to create the setting after that.

I started searching LoupeTroop and following Preloved and happened to see jenniann's (aka Sparkleaddict's) 1.7 J VS2 AVR (then set in Vatche U113) for sale! Specs and price were right; not to mention, seeing her other creations convinced me she has impeccable taste! (https://www.pricescope.com/communit...kirsch-3-times-avc-mrb-and-an-asscher.197454/ and https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-be-dreaming-asscher-sk-halo-and-avcs.224859/). She could not have been more helpful in answering all of my questions and sent videos and hand shots... all while 8.5 months pregnant!! What a trooper! The stone made its way to GOG and then forwarded along to me.

Having never seen an AVR outside of the computer screen-- I gasped out loud when I opened the package! It is more beautiful than any diamond I have ever seen. The facet pattern is my ideal cut: I love the 44% table, medium culet and the kozibe effect is so cool. And the COLORS!! Oh my goodness I don't know where it finds the colors it shoots off but just when I think it couldn't possibly get more beautiful, it does! Even in a simple stone holder (which GOG was kind enough to include!) it looks dazzling!

As for the setting... now open to suggestions! :wavey: I've decided CVB is the designer for the job but beyond that, I'm so very undecided! I know I am not a Jovyn solitaire girl and want a cathedral style with either pave or side stones. Incorporating french cuts would be a dream. I thought for a while about the original "Anna" Casablanca solitaire (without the bezel) but I'm not certain about the octagonal outline. It seems for every design I think about, I find some elements I like and some I don't. I guess that's the perfectionism coming through! Luckily everything Caysie creates is stunning and know she'll be able to talk it all out to reach a design I love :dance:

Thanks for reading! And thanks to all the amazing folks here who have provided guidance through their reviews and expert advice!

August Vintage Round
AGS 1.708 J VS2
7.45 x 7.49 x 4.97
44% table
66% depth
Medium culet
Negligible Fluorescence
Currently in a stone holder, Ring size 5.5-6

Get ready for lots and lots of pics!

First, the original ring from jenniann (Sparkleaddict) in its Vatche U113 setting. I purchased the stone only.
0_38628.jpg

And the GOG glamour shot and ASET
1GOG pic.JPG
2ASET.JPG

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is absolutely stunning, congratulations! I considered this stone as well and I'm so glad it went to a fellow PSer ;-). Any which way you set it, it'll be stunning. Caysie does a great job and taking bits of this setting and bits of that setting and creating something just for you. The AVR's and AVC's are just magic, but I am totally biased, LOL.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pictures and video, thank you for posting!

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
The stone is absolutely stunning, congratulations! I considered this stone as well and I'm so glad it went to a fellow PSer ;-). Any which way you set it, it'll be stunning. Caysie does a great job and taking bits of this setting and bits of that setting and creating something just for you. The AVR's and AVC's are just magic, but I am totally biased, LOL.

Thanks, JDDN! I'm so glad you passed it up so I could profit ;-) Your original Giselle setting for your AVC is definitely an inspiration of what I desire in a setting! I know you'll find the right size for your comfort level moving forward though and in the meantime, we all get to enjoy the pics! Magic is the right word, for sure! :)

Beautiful!

Thank you so much, Austina!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That facet pattern is AMAZING! I could dive right in!

Absolutely cannot wait to see what design you end up with. I'm sure as you say, Caysie will work her magic & it will be perfect!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait wait, I can't see beyond the drool on my iPad. :razz: Your new stone is simply perfection and cudos to you for your patience. It's absolutely one of my favorite stones I've seen here. And your photography skills must be noted as well! :clap:

Can't wait to see this in its new home and on your hand!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty and the size looks perfect on your hand! Looking forward to more pics once it's set.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE! lucky you and congratulations!

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Great pictures and video, thank you for posting!

It was so much fun to capture its colors and sparkle! And fun to be able to share it! :)

That facet pattern is AMAZING! I could dive right in!

Absolutely cannot wait to see what design you end up with. I'm sure as you say, Caysie will work her magic & it will be perfect!

You're so right, the facet pattern just pulls me in! I can't wait to see what I end up with, too! :lol: I'm confident Caysie can work her magic!

It's gorgeous! :love:

Thanks, whitewave! I'm looking forward to seeing your gorgeous CVB creation on your hand as well! :)

Wait wait, I can't see beyond the drool on my iPad. :razz: Your new stone is simply perfection and cudos to you for your patience. It's absolutely one of my favorite stones I've seen here. And your photography skills must be noted as well! :clap:

Can't wait to see this in its new home and on your hand!

You are too kind, thank you!! I borrowed a DSLR camera because my iPhone just wasn't cutting it! :lol: It's tricky to photograph but luckily the lighting on my deck was helping!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone is a real stunner!! So glad it stayed in the PS family!!! Can't wait to see what you decide and the final result! :love:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The face of that stone is so perfect, you would almost swear it wasn't real, and that your photos were CGI masterpieces. Congratulations! it's breathtaking.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the tiny table.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous stone! Love the size on your hand. Cant wait to see what you decide for the setting! :love::appl::wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it (needless to say)!!!:love: I am always happy to have a new AVR sister! And I can't think of anyone better to set it than Caysie! She will set mine if I can ever decide what I want!:twirl: Can't wait to see what you decide!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely gorgeous, congratulations!!! Can't wait to see it set. :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet Jesus that's a spectacular AVR :love: i can't wait to see how you set it because it's going to be glorious.

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
OOOOOOOOHHHH - Gorgeous!!! Welcome to the AVR club! :appl:

I THINK I'm getting mine this weekend, so I'll just keep coming back here to stare at yours in the meantime... :drool: What amazing photography - did you take the close ups with a DSLR?

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful stone! Congratulations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results