clarity

#TBT Pastel Perfection! 1.7 J VS2 AVR

fritzi

Rough_Rock
So amazing that it does not even look real. Enjoy in good health! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone! Can't wait to see it set!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's gorgeous! Great photos of a stunning stone! Can't wait to see how you set her!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so love this stone. Congratulations on snapping this up. I can't wait to see it in its final home.

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
LOVE! lucky you and congratulations!

I definitely feel lucky! Thanks!

This stone is a real stunner!! So glad it stayed in the PS family!!! Can't wait to see what you decide and the final result! :love:

Me too! It deserves to be showed off to others who appreciate it! I've been communicating with Caysie all day and working through ideas!

The face of that stone is so perfect, you would almost swear it wasn't real, and that your photos were CGI masterpieces. Congratulations! it's breathtaking.

It really looks almost too perfect to be true! Sometimes I can't believe my eyes! The magic of photography :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone! Congrats on your find and can't wait to see how you set the stone!

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the tiny table.

The tiny table just reminds me of a little flower peeping through! GOG knocked it out of the park!

Absolutely gorgeous stone! Love the size on your hand. Cant wait to see what you decide for the setting! :love::appl::wavey:

I was a little worried I would feel disappointed with the size but it certainly has enough coverage for me! Once it's out of the holder and into something that does it justice, I think I will love it even more-- if that's possible :)

I love it (needless to say)!!!:love: I am always happy to have a new AVR sister! And I can't think of anyone better to set it than Caysie! She will set mine if I can ever decide what I want!:twirl: Can't wait to see what you decide!!!

AHH thanks DS, I feel so lucky to have a stone in the same league with your classic beauty! Caysie has been so communicative and has great ideas, I have no doubt we'll come to a great design. The current thought is small french cut sides in a step down/pyramid pattern flanking the center stone. I'll be sure to share lots of photos! :D

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have no words. It's just beautiful.

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous, congratulations!!! Can't wait to see it set. :love:

I can't wait for it to be set either! Thank you for the kind words!! :)

Sweet Jesus that's a spectacular AVR :love: i can't wait to see how you set it because it's going to be glorious.

It's everything I wanted in a diamond and more! It needs to be set so it can be taken out and about rather than sitting in a drawer! I'll be sure to come back with more pictures!

OOOOOOOOHHHH - Gorgeous!!! Welcome to the AVR club! :appl:

I THINK I'm getting mine this weekend, so I'll just keep coming back here to stare at yours in the meantime... :drool: What amazing photography - did you take the close ups with a DSLR?

Thank you!! What an amazing club! I've been loving following your custom cut route, dazzle!! It looks like you got a knockout! You must be so so excited to finally see the finished product after the months it took to get you there--I feel the same way! I'll wait to see my finished ring until after SO proposes so there will definitely be some suspense there for me too. Early congratulations on your engagement! :D

I did use a DSLR, it really helped with the detail! I first purchased a clip on macro lens for my iPhone, which worked pretty well (I used my phone to take the video actually). I borrowed the DSLR so it was a bit of a learning curve! I ended up also getting some screw on little macro lenses that were less expensive than an actual macro lens for the camera. It took a few weeks and make outtakes to get it down, they're harder to photograph than they look!

Can't wait to see pictures of your SK stunner!! :)

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Beautiful stone! Congratulations.

Thank you, Queenie60!

It's gorgeous! Great photos of a stunning stone! Can't wait to see how you set her!

It's been so much fun to capture its spunk! Thanks!

I so love this stone. Congratulations on snapping this up. I can't wait to see it in its final home.

Thanks, LLJsmom! Since I can't wear it out of the house yet, I'm just so thrilled to be able to show it off somewhere! :) I'll absolutely come back with lots of pictures!

Very pretty stone! Congrats on your find and can't wait to see how you set the stone!

Thank goodness for PS! I never would've ended up with something so beautiful without it! :dance:

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
Oh yay! It looks soooo perfect on you, and thanks so much for your kind words (slowly rejoining the land of the living after 4 weeks in the newborn bubble :)). Your timing was perfect, I think I dropped the stone at FedEx on the Friday and our boy arrived on the Monday!

So pleased you are happy with it and your photography skills are awesome :). Can't wait to see what you decide for a setting.

It was such a pleasure to deal with you, wishing you all the happiness in the world.

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
And if anyone knows why my user name changed post PS upgrade point me in the right direction - would like the old one back!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular stone!! Caysie will hit it out of the park! Can't wait to see it. Congrats on your new stone!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woo hoo, welcome to the AVR club! She is a beauty! :appl:I have a J as well, and I don't see tint from the side. I can't wait to see what creation you and Caysie come up with!!!! :love:

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Oh yay! It looks soooo perfect on you, and thanks so much for your kind words (slowly rejoining the land of the living after 4 weeks in the newborn bubble :)). Your timing was perfect, I think I dropped the stone at FedEx on the Friday and our boy arrived on the Monday!

So pleased you are happy with it and your photography skills are awesome :). Can't wait to see what you decide for a setting.

It was such a pleasure to deal with you, wishing you all the happiness in the world.

I would say it all worked out wonderfully! So glad you are enjoying time with your little guy! Thank you for your well wishes and I'll be sure to keep you in the loop on setting! :D

Spectacular stone!! Caysie will hit it out of the park! Can't wait to see it. Congrats on your new stone!

Thanks, Bonfire! She is so talented so I have no doubt!

Woo hoo, welcome to the AVR club! She is a beauty! :appl:I have a J as well, and I don't see tint from the side. I can't wait to see what creation you and Caysie come up with!!!! :love:

Yimmers, your AVR in its new Abby setting is SO gorgeous! :love: I'll admit most of the diamonds my family members or friends own are in the D-F range so when comparing, I do notice the color difference with the J. Not that it diminishes its beauty, but to my eyes I see the contrast.

I wasn't able to locate a J colored stone in a B&M store in my area before purchasing this AVR, unfortunately, and I would suggest seeking one out in person if possible to anyone considering a J colored stone. Although I am so happy with it, the warmth took a little getting used to when comparing to the other "diamonds in my life" :lol: But in order to maximize size for budget, J color it is... and to me the drop in color is more than worth it!

Gorgeous stone!

Thanks!! Happy to be able to share it! :)

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
Yimmers, your AVR in its new Abby setting is SO gorgeous! :love: I'll admit most of the diamonds my family members or friends own are in the D-F range so when comparing, I do notice the color difference with the J. Not that it diminishes its beauty, but to my eyes I see the contrast.

I wasn't able to locate a J colored stone in a B&M store in my area before purchasing this AVR, unfortunately, and I would suggest seeking one out in person if possible to anyone considering a J colored stone. Although I am so happy with it, the warmth took a little getting used to when comparing to the other "diamonds in my life" :lol: But in order to maximize size for budget, J color it is... and to me the drop in color is more than worth it!
:)

I feel the same - and am a little nervous to see the I color! I personally would have been perfectly happy with even down to a K or L I think, but SO's family and friends ALL have the DEF stones, and so we were pushing it even with the I. I fully intend to get a much warmer AVR in the future for my own enjoyment. I hate that the e-ring gets so much judgement attached to it!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly a magnificent AVR :love:!! It's cut and colors and balance is just perfection. There are times when I wish we went with an AVR instead of and asscher, and photos like yours make me reconsider that decision all over again – LOL!

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
I feel the same - and am a little nervous to see the I color! I personally would have been perfectly happy with even down to a K or L I think, but SO's family and friends ALL have the DEF stones, and so we were pushing it even with the I. I fully intend to get a much warmer AVR in the future for my own enjoyment. I hate that the e-ring gets so much judgement attached to it!

Yes! So true! My thinking is that since most people haven't seen such superbly cut stones that the sparkle and brilliance will jump out ahead of the color... although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about someone mentioning/judging it! I really don't think I would give a second thought to the color if it weren't for comparison to the bright white that is typically culturally seen as it's beautiful even with its warmth. I'm sure the craftmanship from SK and all the sparkly pave in your bling will shut them right up! :lol:

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Truly a magnificent AVR :love:!! It's cut and colors and balance is just perfection. There are times when I wish we went with an AVR instead of and asscher, and photos like yours make me reconsider that decision all over again – LOL!

Ohhh but the D with strong blue fluorescence + CVB magic will be incredible!! I'm drooling already! I've thought about seeing if Caysie can modify the Casablanca to a more cushiony shape and love your CADs-- can't wait to see it in its completed form! Thanks for the kind comments! :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:It's gorgeous!!!! Looking forward to see it set. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes! So true! My thinking is that since most people haven't seen such superbly cut stones that the sparkle and brilliance will jump out ahead of the color... although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about someone mentioning/judging it! I really don't think I would give a second thought to the color if it weren't for comparison to the bright white that is typically culturally seen as it's beautiful even with its warmth. I'm sure the craftmanship from SK and all the sparkly pave in your bling will shut them right up! :lol:

That is very true! My original e-ring was a F color MRB. I'm sure if I ever found that ring (long story) and compared it to the J, I could see the difference. But the sparkle from the AVR is just spectacular! I'll take that over a lesser-well cut DEF any day.

Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh but the D with strong blue fluorescence + CVB magic will be incredible!! I'm drooling already! I've thought about seeing if Caysie can modify the Casablanca to a more cushiony shape and love your CADs-- can't wait to see it in its completed form! Thanks for the kind comments! :)
Well thank you! I do love love love our design. But there is something so yummy about those vintage cuts and I did tell GOG at our visit that one day I'd be back for an AVR or AVC (right hand ring??! :dance:)

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Well thank you! I do love love love our design. But there is something so yummy about those vintage cuts and I did tell GOG at our visit that one day I'd be back for an AVR or AVC (right hand ring??! :dance:)

Oh absolutely! An asscher or AVC are on my short list for a right hand ring. When I mentioned this plan to my SO, he said, "wait wait wait... Some people have more than ONE diamond?!" :lol::lol::lol: I guess I haven't been doing a very good job with his PS education--he doesn't know what's coming for him! :D

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
:wavey:It's gorgeous!!!! Looking forward to see it set. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics

Thank you so much, Acinom! I'll come back with more pictures of the final creation!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures !

Of course, the stone ... But, THE PHOTOGRAPHY ! The shots stand out for me even on this forum full of diamond images ,-)

@Rhino

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh absolutely! An asscher or AVC are on my short list for a right hand ring. When I mentioned this plan to my SO, he said, "wait wait wait... Some people have more than ONE diamond?!" :lol::lol::lol: I guess I haven't been doing a very good job with his PS education--he doesn't know what's coming for him! :D
Oh, honey...you caught the fever! Your man should be schooled, right away!! Once you get ONE diamond, she wants "friends"!! :lol:
Congratulations on your AVR!! GOG did a fantastic job!! She's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love the "peek a boo" flower window!! She has such brilliant & vibrant colors!! That lady has some serious personality! I can't wait to see what Casie designs for you!
Once you have the completed ring, you MUST give her a NAME!! :D
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
Thank you for sharing her with us!!!
Wear her in good health!!
CRM

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Beautiful pictures !

Of course, the stone ... But, THE PHOTOGRAPHY ! The shots stand out for me even on this forum full of diamond images ,-)

@Rhino

Wow, I so appreciate that, valeria101! You made my day!! It took a lot of trial and error... and about a 1000 outtakes :lol: But who wouldn't want to spend a couple of hours looking at a pretty diamond?!

Oh, honey...you caught the fever! Your man should be schooled, right away!! Once you get ONE diamond, she wants "friends"!! :lol:
Congratulations on your AVR!! GOG did a fantastic job!! She's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love the "peek a boo" flower window!! She has such brilliant & vibrant colors!! That lady has some serious personality! I can't wait to see what Casie designs for you!
Once you have the completed ring, you MUST give her a NAME!! :D
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
Thank you for sharing her with us!!!
Wear her in good health!!
CRM

:lol::lol: this is the RIGHT type of fever!! I would hate for her to feel lonely! I'm planning to work in some french cuts into the design to keep her company for now! But someday she may need a more grown up friend! :);-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results