shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Paraiba in Rose-cut Halo

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I posted as many as I like to see in threads :lol-2: I want ALL the pictures. Plus it’s how I can give back for all the help I’ve gotten from PSers while picking things out and deciding on the setting. Gotta pay the fee!

The collection needs some yellow! I don’t even have any yellow in smaller rings :cry2:

I’m sure you don’t need any help but just for reading... :P2 LINK

And maybe a green too? :twisted2:

Heh :P2:P2:P2

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous in every way!!!

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! This is gorgeous!! I save it on IG from DK and glad to know such GORGEOUS ring is owned by PS'er!!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your gem collections!! All of which are so pretty!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so just have to add how I am feeling right now over your gorgeous new ring. @distracts it is sublime in every way and I would be over the moon with delight if this gorgeous ring was mine. So happy and thrilled it is yours because you are a wonderful person and deserve the very best!

swooningindelight.gif

@elle_71125 haha I love the gif you shared too and you beat me to it but there are lots of amazing gifs to show how we are feeling. More than enough to go around.:kiss2: In fact it's hard to choose just one.:lol:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That's beautiful! It's like a lagoon of perfect glowy water. Really lovely and looks great on you!

Very sweet kitty too!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F9AE71A6-36E4-493C-966F-C791ABAB4366.jpeg mthorneidea.jpg
I’m sure you don’t need any help but just for reading... :P2 LINK

And maybe a green too? :twisted2:

Heh :P2:P2:P2

Great article!

I have smaller tsavorite ring, earrings, and pendant, but this summer I’ve bought larger stones to make a new set with! Not huge but a size I will be comfortable wearing without wanting to upgrade.

Pic above - I’m on my phone and couldn’t figure out how to make it post under my reply rather than over it. The cushion is for a ring and the pear for a pendant. The pendant will be just a pave halo, and I’ve contacted Megan Thorne about a cross between two of her designs for the ring. So we’ll see what happens. I have to actually meet the Megan Thorne people in person (dunno if it’s actually her or a member of her team) to proceed and I am super busy for a few weeks but will be doing that as soon as I have the time. I think her designs are super interesting and pretty - and different to anything else I have - so hopefully it will go well.

OK so just have to add how I am feeling right now over your gorgeous new ring. @distracts it is sublime in every way and I would be over the moon with delight if this gorgeous ring was mine. So happy and thrilled it is yours because you are a wonderful person and deserve the very best!

Aww, Missy, thank you for your kind words!!!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my... this is PERFECT! It's jaw droppingly beautiful. Substantial yet not too much despite its size. I love it!! You're making me think that I need to get mine set. It has been sitting with the jeweler for the last year because other priorities came up in life... but your amazing ring has me drooling and missing my stone!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is mesmerizing :love::love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my... this is PERFECT! It's jaw droppingly beautiful. Substantial yet not too much despite its size. I love it!! You're making me think that I need to get mine set. It has been sitting with the jeweler for the last year because other priorities came up in life... but your amazing ring has me drooling and missing my stone!

It often takes me years to set things but I was absolutely adamant this time that I wouldn’t do that, I would just pick something and set it, even if it ended up not being its permanent home. Buuuut I’m pretty sure it IS in its permanent home. Definitely set yours! You will love it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring. The color is amazing and the stone looks clear and bright. The setting is perfect for it as well. I also love the pics of ALL your rings. You have some stunning colors going on there. It would be hard to chose on the daily.
I am especially jealous of your youthful hands! All your rings look beautiful on you!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
I love how the ring looks on your pointer finger! The size is great and the color is to die for. You have a wonderful collection. Do you happen to have any thread on your round blue sapphire halo ring?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring. The color is amazing and the stone looks clear and bright. The setting is perfect for it as well. I also love the pics of ALL your rings. You have some stunning colors going on there. It would be hard to chose on the daily.
I am especially jealous of your youthful hands! All your rings look beautiful on you!

Haha thank you for the compliment about my hands. I often dislike them because they are so small and square and I have such short fingers!

I find it’s not at all hard to choose what rings to wear... I often find myself gravitating toward specific colors based on my mood or outfit. I like having lots of options. The only time it is hard is when I’m going on vacation and have to choose just one ring to bring!

I love how the ring looks on your pointer finger! The size is great and the color is to die for. You have a wonderful collection. Do you happen to have any thread on your round blue sapphire halo ring?

I don’t - I just recently bought it and it’s destined for a bracelet, I think. So I probably won’t have a thread until I get it reworked. I got it from Gilded Lane though so there are plenty of pics and videos on her Facebook page and Instagram.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Fun story: my grandmother got in a car accident when she ran a red light while admiring her engagement ring. Only check your bling when you are stopped!

IMG_5957.JPG
You have me rolling with your comments, I love the cats and the "wild" shot.

Humor aside, that ring is ahhhmazing. The color alone but those rose cuts just light it up and it looks like it is literally floating on bubbles. Swoonworthy. And I'm super impressed how quickly you made decisions. I'm a second guesser but I do settle into acceptance-just not with jewelry I have learned

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have me rolling with your comments, I love the cats and the "wild" shot.

Humor aside, that ring is ahhhmazing. The color alone but those rose cuts just light it up and it looks like it is literally floating on bubbles. Swoonworthy. And I'm super impressed how quickly you made decisions. I'm a second guesser but I do settle into acceptance-just not with jewelry I have learned

Oh my god this is the ONLY time I have made fast decisions with jewelry... I don’t know how it happened. And even then in the middle I got stumped on how to communicate something to DK and after like I week of not hearing from me they emailed to see where I’d disappeared to. Usually I have gems sitting around for years before I figure out the perfect thing for them, but somehow this year I am just getting it done.

OTOH... the paraiba looks SUPER WOW in the hotel but every picture I have taken of it makes really blah... irl it is absolutely glowing like it’s got a light inside but the pictures aren’t capturing it. Very annoying.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone takes pics of their paraiba by the pool, so here are my stereotypical paraiba shots:

IMG_E5918.JPG

IMG_E5920.JPG

IMG_6063.JPG

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6061.JPG

Looking like it's "out in the wild"
IMG_E5971.JPG

Behind the scenes - it's my fireplace lol:
IMG_E5972.JPG

What an incredible beauty you have there! Love all the photos! what a stunning ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!!:love: That color is so gorgeous! I love the rose cuts, too! Turquoise is high up on my favorite color list, so I am envious of your turquoise doors in addition to all those gorgeous rings! I really love your color choices!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!!:love: That color is so gorgeous! I love the rose cuts, too! Turquoise is high up on my favorite color list, so I am envious of your turquoise doors in addition to all those gorgeous rings! I really love your color choices!

Thank you! We just got our house painted recently... when we bought it, it was the most drab and unappealing brown. Cat diarrhea brown. Milky baby poop brown. It was not great. I have no clue why the previous owners would have painted it that color unless they got a bulk sale on buying a color someone else accidentally got mixed then rejected for being too fugly to use. Now it is a crisp pale gray with turquoise doors, which suits the modern style much better. And, of course, matches my paraiba. (That wasn’t the goal but it’s a nice bonus!)

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone takes pics of their paraiba by the pool, so here are my stereotypical paraiba shots:

IMG_E5918.JPG

Love your kitty shots with your beautiful ring. I tried that with our kitty Molly, the vixen took off with Gloriana :oops2: David Klass creates magic.

IMG_E5920.JPG

IMG_6063.JPG

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6061.JPG

Looking like it's "out in the wild"
IMG_E5971.JPG

Behind the scenes - it's my fireplace lol:
IMG_E5972.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing:love::love::love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@distracts -

I saw your ring in person when I was in LA the other week. Photos don't do it justice. It is THE BOMB. It's breathtakingly gorgeous, perfectly made, just STUNNING! For what it's worth - I didn't touch it or try it on (I don't like the idea of handling other people's jewelry - especially before they actually receive it; I think it's disrespectful and presumptuous) - but I LOVED being able just to look at it as Amy held it before it was packaged.

What an amazing, amazing ring. I'm guessing it will launch a dozen projects here on PriceScope! :appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@distracts -

I saw your ring in person when I was in LA the other week. Photos don't do it justice. It is THE BOMB. It's breathtakingly gorgeous, perfectly made, just STUNNING! For what it's worth - I didn't touch it or try it on (I don't like the idea of handling other people's jewelry - especially before they actually receive it; I think it's disrespectful and presumptuous) - but I LOVED being able just to look at it as Amy held it before it was packaged.

What an amazing, amazing ring. I'm guessing it will launch a dozen projects here on PriceScope! :appl:

It’s so exciting that you got to see it in person! FWIW I never mind if others try on my rings before they get to me... I think nearly everyone I know tried on my engagement ring before I even saw it, lol! Thank you for your kind words. DK, Amy, & team do excellent work and made my dream a reality. The process with them is so easy that it has quite spoiled me for working with most others.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the gem box while buying

A4729A34-0EB2-462F-9E5D-EDCEEAC2195F.jpeg

On the airplane to london

93EE5C28-49CD-4349-9F36-0F89545FB451.jpeg

Grey London skies make the color pop

E468CE48-0462-429A-990D-697B0B7958C2.jpeg

I’ve never been tempted by a Paraiba until now!!! These new photos are mesmerizing.

What did you think of the marquis cab? I noticed it was on sale and I don’t know if I’m looking to be talked into or out of getting it... :Up_to_something:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never been tempted by a Paraiba until now!!! These new photos are mesmerizing.

What did you think of the marquis cab? I noticed it was on sale and I don’t know if I’m looking to be talked into or out of getting it... :Up_to_something:

In the CS post “somebody should buy that stone” I discussed it at more length and added another picture. TLDR good buy for the price, very intense color (significantly more saturated than mine), doesn’t glow like mine but is 1/8th the price so that makes sense. And I only saw it in office lighting which is basically the least flattering to the paraibas imo, would def look better in natural light.

My posts should be on this page: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...a-buy-this-stone.177156/page-142#post-4619486

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results