distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paraiba tourmaline from Cecile Raley Designs
2.25 cts
9.8 x 7.4 mm

Rose-cut halo ring in platinum by David Klass
.79 cts of diamonds

Stone purchase thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/looking-for-a-big-tsavorite.250371/
Setting thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/setting-for-paraiba-tourmaline.250530/

If you've read my previous threads, you know that I started off looking for a huge tsavorite, but when I saw that Yvonne had posted this paraiba, my search took a turn and I got this instead (well, and some nice tsavorites, but not as big as I'd originally planned on). I was lucky enough to be headed to NYC right then so I was able to meet up with Yvonne and see it in person. I'd only seen paraibas at gem shows before and they were mostly "windex blue," which isn't really my jam, so my socks were totally knocked off! It was more money than I'd spent on a whole ring before, let alone a single stone, though, and at the time I had very, very few prices comps, so I was really quite stressed about buying it, but Yvonne was patient and gave me plenty of time to make the decision. Eventually I decided that since I loved the look of the paraiba and had the money, I should just get it and not worry about it. (When I eventually got price comps, they were all in the same ballpark range, so I'm glad I didn't chicken out! It's a lot easier to buy a gem you've seen in person and know you love than shipping back and forth.)

Then I had to decide on a setting! You can see the finalists on my setting thread. I pretty quickly decided on a rose-cut halo because I thought the glimmer of rose-cuts would complement the paraiba. Coincidentally, David Klass had just posted on his instagram a rose-cut halo ring, so I decided to go with him for setting. My initial ideas were for something a lot edgier than what I ended up deciding to get. For instance, I had thought about black rhodium plating the entire ring, or at least the outer edges of the halo. But then I decided to not mess with stuff I wasn't sure I would like. I made a crappy little drawing of what I wanted and sent it to DK and they worked their magic. They were very quick and accommodating of my nitpicking and each round of CADs was better than the last until they finally looked perfect.

Then finally they sent me the glamor video and it was getting shipped! I am absolutely thrilled with the end result.

If I have one quibble, it's that I don't like the gallery design I chose... but I knew at the time I picked it that I wasn't that jazzed about it and was just picking something because I wanted the ring done and in my hands, so that's on me... and it's not like you can see it when I'm wearing the ring anyway. I also think my main problem with it is how much space between the metal there is, but I specifically requested making it easy to get a little brush in there to clean the diamonds - so that's a place where my ideal aesthetics conflicts with ideal functionality and I chose the latter because I don't want dirty diamonds.

Anyway, on to the pics!

E04113C0-879C-4F0F-B70D-7F94F446A3E6.jpeg

06D48C8A-D1E3-47DA-9BB4-5AE080A5C05E.jpeg

9CE2992A-2A43-4AAA-B7B4-EBADE89971AF.jpeg

C10C0E11-3CF9-428D-928C-E4C1DD4336A1.jpeg

91397FC9-9648-49FE-A054-51E13436A523.jpeg

0B7CBCD3-F3DC-4647-87C4-F8BD912E7727.jpeg

8BB15D50-5A1C-4473-85A4-B6C0E45CF52D.jpeg

Hugo needs to be the center of attention at all times so he invaded a lot of my shots... I tried getting T to pose with the ring but he wasn't interested. Very typical. :lol:

More pics in a moment, I have to upload them to the next post.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun story: my grandmother got in a car accident when she ran a red light while admiring her engagement ring. Only check your bling when you are stopped!

IMG_5957.JPG

IMG_5942.JPG

IMG_5941.JPG

All my doors are turquoise. The paraiba matches.

IMG_E5914.JPG

Not my favorite pic of it but the first one I took, which should be included for posterity.
IMG_5895.JPG

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also bought a CVB Jessica band, because apparently it's rose-cut week at my house, so now some group pics:

IMG_5962.JPG

IMG_5961.JPG

IMG_6038.JPG

IMG_6044.JPG

A butterfly flew inside so I tried to get a pic without scaring it off:

IMG_6042.JPG

I have almost enough CVB bands to have one for every finger - I just need one for my pinky:

IMG_6024.JPG

Last but not least, some family photos:

IMG_6049.JPG

IMG_6050.JPG

IMG_6051.JPG

whew. is that enough pics for y'all??

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning. The colour - almost indistinguishable from your pool!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking & stunning!! That COLOUR!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And also, I think the gallery is gorgeous!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow it’s gorgeous! It looks amazing on you! Congratulations!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring! So happy you starter this thread with additional pics. I enjoy looking at the pics. Your ring is super glowy and elegant. A ring for a princess

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings you have -all of em!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We both already know how obsessed I am with this ring but I had to come over and see all those new pics. Your new ring totally knocks it out of the park. It’s freaking stunning! :love: I’m just gonna keep coming back to this thread to drool over all the pics.

This baby totally deserves JOTW. I don’t actually get a say in that but just in case anyone’s listening...:mrgreen2:

31357C6F-8417-4D4E-9F75-F1F817E52F86.gif

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Truly stunning!! That halo is so perfect for the stone.

Congrats!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Particularly love the rose-cut halo design - beautiful ring!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I just love your gorgeous ring! The color is just glowy and stunning :love: like an pool of liquid paratha! Have soo much wearing it, it looks fabulous on you!:appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! That glowing color, wow! You have a lovely collection!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! That color is amazing.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hoping this was a PSers when I saw it on DK’s IG! :appl: Your new ring is beautiful!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great gem and ring. Your collection is wonderful. Just missing some orange and yellow!:mrgreen2::P2

cheers--Sharon

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great gem and ring. Your collection is wonderful. Just missing some orange and yellow!:mrgreen2::P2

cheers--Sharon

That's what I was just thinking! I need green, yellow, and orange! I have the tsavorite for the green - I do have a yellow sapphire but I've started worrying it's too small and that I want a round rather than an oval. And then I need orange - but I send spessartites back more than any other gems because I'm very, very sensitive to any hint of brown in them.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's what I was just thinking! I need green, yellow, and orange! I have the tsavorite for the green - I do have a yellow sapphire but I've started worrying it's too small and that I want a round rather than an oval. And then I need orange - but I send spessartites back more than any other gems because I'm very, very sensitive to any hint of brown in them.

I hear ya on the Spess. Tricky. My earrings are better color than my ring--but the Spess cushion in my ring was cut by R Dery and it was a PERFECT fit rehomed into my old (Birks) diamond setting. I couldn't pass it up despite a hint of brown.

I realize that outside of my asscher eternity ring I have no more diamond rings left, only colored stone rings. People are amazed when they see my colored stones--they say "that is garnet"? LOL Much more interesting (not that I'd toss out a Tiffany solitaire DIF ring if someone offered it!:devil:)

cheers--Sharon

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love::love::love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow :kiss2: Gorgeous, glowy and ethereal. LOVE your ring. Amazing!!! And your kitty is so sweet too :love:

Wear in health and bling happiness!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it!:love: Stunning ring--congratulations!:love: A perfect addition to your beautiful collection!!:appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! It’s soooooo beautiful. And your collection is omg gorgeous! :love::love::love:

Love that you posted so many pics hahah so much eye candy to enjoy :kiss2:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing ring. Congrats.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! It’s soooooo beautiful. And your collection is omg gorgeous! :love::love::love:

Love that you posted so many pics hahah so much eye candy to enjoy :kiss2:

I posted as many as I like to see in threads :lol-2: I want ALL the pictures. Plus it’s how I can give back for all the help I’ve gotten from PSers while picking things out and deciding on the setting. Gotta pay the fee!

The collection needs some yellow! I don’t even have any yellow in smaller rings :cry2:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@distracts I saw this on IG (with your sweet kitty!) So gloriously glowy and gorgeous! I love all the pics, too! Just the right amount, imho. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results