shape
carat
color
clarity

Our new (old) 2.3 carat OEC e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I took some more pics. Not sure they are anything great (I''m running out of ideas and I still don''t have any flowers for flowerpics). Here ya go, though. Hope you guys enjoy them! :)

BondanzaOECRing 020med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I kind of liked the contrast of the smooth platinum with the rough brick wall...

BondanzaOECRing 018med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
More brick...

BondanzaOECRing 016med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the dust on the stone again...I can never seem to get that stuff completely off.

BondanzaOECRing 003med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I still can''t figure out where all the colors it''s reflecting are from...I was wearing gray.

BondanzaOECRing 021med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Really random cork pic, but we had this wonderful bottle of wine last night and I couldn't resist. :)

BondanzaOECRing 037med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got a few better handshots, so here''s the first.

BondanzaOECRing 010med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Second...

BondanzaOECRing 011med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And third, a little closer.

BondanzaOECRing 013med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of Hosta leaves were happy to pretend that they were flowers. :)

BondanzaOECRing 029med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
More leaves...I love that green color!

BondanzaOECRing 026med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, last one. Hope those were enjoyable pics. I wish I were more creative and could think of fun stuff to do with the ring.

BondanzaOECRing 028med.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You hope they were enjoyable?? Silly girl! I LOVE your ring.
30.gif

Every time I see it, it makes me want to go to this old coin shop that also carries a bunch of antique jewelry.
27.gif

Alisoun

Rough_Rock
FacetFire -

Your stone is so gorgeous, and the setting enhances it all the more. I love the contrast of the cool, clean platinum with the stone''s pattern and fire. ::sigh:: It looks really lovely on your hand, too. Thank you for the pictures!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!
Beautiful ring! He has good taste
I remember you talking about your european cut diamond months back.
Very nice!

I''m still waiting for mine, but not long now. I think he''s going to design it this weekend. We''ve had the sapphire since July, but haven''t done anything with it yet.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow, more excellent pics.
I''m always amazed at how you gals are able to capture these
beautiful diamonds.
I love em all!!!
36.gif
36.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzers! I keep coming back to this thread and finding new and absolutely unbelievable pictures of this GORGEOUS ring! I''m totally in love with your ring... that diamond is to die for!!
30.gif
30.gif
18.gif
Keep ''em coming!

sandymonet

Rough_Rock
Wow with a ring like that, I guess that means no housework, no dishes and making meatloaf ever again. I love the ring and hate the pangs of envy I''m feeling. Congrats and wear that beauty in much love and great health. Don''t forget to do your finger exercises, that ring looks heavy!
emteeth.gif
face6.gif
emdgust.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the hosta shots, nothing like a beautiful green to light up the diamond. your chunky facets are awesome!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/8/2006 12:52:02 AM
Author: sandymonet
Wow with a ring like that, I guess that means no housework, no dishes and making meatloaf ever again. I love the ring and hate the pangs of envy I''m feeling. Congrats and wear that beauty in much love and great health. Don''t forget to do your finger exercises, that ring looks heavy!
emteeth.gif
face6.gif
emdgust.gif
Haha! I''ve actually been able to wear it through pretty much all of my housework activities. It sits pretty low, so it''s fairly unobtrusive. I do take it off to clean the bathrooms, though! LOL. Thanks for the kind words!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/2/2006 12:19:46 PM
Author: MustangFan
Congrats!
Beautiful ring! He has good taste
I remember you talking about your european cut diamond months back.
Very nice!

I''m still waiting for mine, but not long now. I think he''s going to design it this weekend. We''ve had the sapphire since July, but haven''t done anything with it yet.
Oh how exciting! I can''t wait to see!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
You all are just too nice! I''m always happy to put up pics for fellow diamond-lovers! FI and I are moving this week, so I''ll be offline for awhile, but hopefully our new surroundings will provide for new and different photos! :)

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love OEC cuts. They''re so fascinating and formidable. The chunky facets of light are so beautiful. Sometimes I think all diamonds should STILL be cut this way! Where do you get OECs? Are they all vintage or are some new? They are heartstopping!!!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
FacetFire, I don''t remember if I ever posted about your ring but it is spectacular! I love old cuts and yours is just beautiful. Wear it always in good health and happiness.

Maria

angeline

Ideal_Rock
FacetFire,

I am in love with your ring. Firstly that AMAZING stone, those facets, the colors!!! and then that beyond gorgeous setting!! I have officially joined the hyper-ventilating crew.

Congratulations!

a

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the nice words, everyone! Your comments always bring a smile to my face (and FI''s too!).

It''s funny, I am actually having the opposite of diamond shrinkage syndrome. I feel like my diamond looks bigger to me now than it did when I first got it. Uh oh...will that get me kicked off PS? Haha. It''s probably just the colder weather and that the whole ring is just fitting loose these days. I''m sure DSS will kick in soon. :)

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Facet,

I am l loving the M Bondanza rings so much! I am thinking of the Sculptural Madison for my new stone. Can I ask you how the finish is on the ring? the general quality and fit and feel of it? It looks superb, I''m just a bit scared with some of the less than great reports lately on designer rings (not yours of course!)

Thanks so much!

a

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2006 11:16:36 AM
Author: angeline
Facet,

I am l loving the M Bondanza rings so much! I am thinking of the Sculptural Madison for my new stone. Can I ask you how the finish is on the ring? the general quality and fit and feel of it? It looks superb, I'm just a bit scared with some of the less than great reports lately on designer rings (not yours of course!)

Thanks so much!

a
Angeline - I can tell you that you shouldn't be at all concerned about the quality of Bondanza rings. The finish is superb (though I've already given it a bit of the classic platinum patina that develops over time). Some of my photos show the finish really well, but others don't because I forgot to wipe off the fingerprints before I snapped away. Also, the metalwork in his rings flows like nothing I've ever seen before. I tried on a lot of designer rings, but I was sold once I had the Bondanza in my hand. It's very heavy and solid feeling (something I love and which makes me feel more secure about it holding my diamond), yet it doesn't look at all clunky.

There is one other Bondanza ring that I have seen on the forum (and is actually part of the Madison collection), and part of what sold me was how substantial, yet delicate the ring was: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asschman-seals-the-deal.26838/=

If you really like the Madison setting, give Bill Pearlman a call. He'll tell you more about the quality of Bondanza's work and he even sent us my setting to take a look at before my FI ordered one for my ring. http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/

Hope this helps! I can't wait to see pics if you decide to go with the Madison!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic! Thanks so much, you''ve set my mind at ease. It was just some reports of rings not being finished properly that were expensive rings that had me worried.

I will definitely call Bill P. The nearest place for me to try on the rings is 50 miles away and usually they never have the exact one I am interested in so it would be great to have BIll send me a sample. The words you used to describe your ring are exactly what I''m looking for. Flowing, heavy, substantial yet not clunky - perfect!

Yay! I can''t wait! I''m still waiting for my stone but I will definietly post when I get it all together.

Anyway sorry for the hi-jack!

a

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Facet, I can''t leave this thread alone! Do you know what you''re going to do for a wedding band?

a

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results