shape
carat
color
clarity

Our new (old) 2.3 carat OEC e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock

MoreRingPics 023med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And here are some cool shots that had the sun behind them...you can really see the faceting...

ETA, sorry for the lint caught in the one prong (I need to clean it better before our photoshoots)

MoreRingPics 026med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I liked this angle, you can see the reflection of the culet...

MoreRingPics 028med.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock

MoreRingPics 030med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Last one. Thanks for putting up with me, everyone! :)

MoreRingPics 037med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2006 2:15:15 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 8/27/2006 6:33:29 PM
Author: FacetFire
Okay, that''s it. I don''t mean to keep overwhelming you guys with pics...but this macro thing is so much fun! I tried on WBs the other day, and I''m going to either go with a plain platinum one or a narrow bead set with about 50 points. Diamond-wise, anything smaller or bigger looked silly with it. Well, maybe I could handle bigger someday... ;-)
do me a personal favor and just *try* to overwhelm me. I dare you ;-)
I''m working on it! LOL!
41.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2006 12:20:20 PM
And here are some cool shots that had the sun behind them...you can really see the faceting...

ETA, sorry for the lint caught in the one prong (I need to clean it better before our photoshoots)
"our" photoshoots? that''s so cute - does your stone have a name? I fully intend to name mine. if it''s good enough for liz taylor... why not me? hehehe ;D Thanks for posting more - don''t stop there!!

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
FacetFire, I love the cut and the setting for it. Good work and the pictures are fantastic. You make me long for an OEC diamond.

velveteenrabbit

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I''m dying for an OEC now.

Jossyw

Rough_Rock
WOW!!! This is so beautiful! FF, when you replied to my new thread I didn''t realize your diamond was an OEC too! It''s really magnificent! congrats
4.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
droooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll..............
3.gif

bobacha

Shiny_Rock
Amazingly gorgeous ! and Congrats !
I love your setting.. i love the profile.. i love the OEC ! love love love everything about it...

and btw you''ve got to teach me how to take pictures like that !

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
your ring is gorgeous! I am loving the look of OEC''s!!!! yummy!
congrats!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
FF-
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Care to share who you got the stone from? I know you said earlier that it was through a dealer in NYC but you worked w/ your local jewler. I''m dying to go take a look. Also, are OECs significantly more expensive then the modern stones since they are so much more rare? Thanks.

Simply stunning....

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 10:32:34 AM
Author: scarlet16
FF-
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Care to share who you got the stone from? I know you said earlier that it was through a dealer in NYC but you worked w/ your local jewler. I''m dying to go take a look. Also, are OECs significantly more expensive then the modern stones since they are so much more rare? Thanks.

Simply stunning....
Hey Scarlet, sorry it took me a while to notice my thread...but I answered your questions as best I could in Rocky Talk...hope it helps.

And once again, thanks everyone for all the kind words! You guys make me feel so good!!!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~BUMP!!! I love this ring (the stone...the setting...OMG!!)!! I would love to see some more pics of this beauty...I can''t get enough!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 1:40:20 PM
Another close-up...
The faceting pattern in this image is so amazing -- I would love a stone like this!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 11:34:38 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~BUMP!!! I love this ring (the stone...the setting...OMG!!)!! I would love to see some more pics of this beauty...I can''t get enough!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks so much, you are too kind! I''ll work on taking some more. I was afraid I was boring everyone with pics, so I haven''t taken any in a bit. :) I really need to get ahold of some flowers...maybe I can raid my nextdoor neighbor''s garden. ;-)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 11:52:31 PM
Author: headlight

Date: 8/16/2006 1:40:20 PM
Another close-up...
The faceting pattern in this image is so amazing -- I would love a stone like this!
Thanks! I like how the patterning showed up in that pic too...you read my mind though, I was just about to make it my avatar for a little while... :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 12:34:55 AM

Date: 9/28/2006 11:34:38 PM
Author: bling*diva*
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks so much, you are too kind! I''ll work on taking some more. I was afraid I was boring everyone with pics, so I haven''t taken any in a bit. :) I really need to get ahold of some flowers...maybe I can raid my nextdoor neighbor''s garden. ;-)
don''t stop posting pics!! I LOVE your facets!!!!
31.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know HOW I could have missed this. It''s absolutely gorgeous. I love the old cuts.

susi

Shiny_Rock
Just stunning.... the mount, the stone.....
30.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Just for fun until I can take some more pics, here''s a collage I made (I think it contains a few new photos). Thanks again for all the kind words everybody! I''ll be back soon with more pics (hopefully I can get the ring a little cleaner and sans lint this time!). :)

RingCollage800600.JPG

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
I just love this ring
30.gif
love the facets on the new pics
1.gif

bae7

Shiny_Rock
OMG, it''s GORGEOUS!!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
wow wow wow! that stone is a beauty, looks so big on your finger! i''m sure u''ve gotten tons of compliments in person
23.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love it - I hope you post more!! I know it''s hard to know how many pics to post but I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that there IS no such thing as too many pics of *this* ring :)

I do have a couple practical questions though LOL 1 - how tall is the ring from your finger to the table? and 2 - does it have an access hole under the diamond or is it a solid surface under the diamond? Because I was looking at it again today and realized there are some similiarities between your head and the one I''m having made!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 11:54:08 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
I just love it - I hope you post more!! I know it''s hard to know how many pics to post but I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that there IS no such thing as too many pics of *this* ring :)

I do have a couple practical questions though LOL 1 - how tall is the ring from your finger to the table? and 2 - does it have an access hole under the diamond or is it a solid surface under the diamond? Because I was looking at it again today and realized there are some similiarities between your head and the one I''m having made!
Hmm...I''m not really sure how high it sits off my finger. Definitely not as high as some settings. By my rough measurements, about 8mm from the finger to the table. Is that high? There is an access hole, but it''s not under the diamond...it''s the arch-shaped slit the runs under the small pave diamonds on either side. Do you see it in the previous photos? It runs straight through the ring from side to side, so you can essentially see through a slit in the ring. Hope that helps! :)

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I know I am late to this... but WOW! OECs happen to be my favorite round stone!! (I am biased, since my center stone is one as well)

Your setting is gorgeous! And your stone is SO perfect!! It''s one of my favorite OEC rings ever.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 8:55:32 PM
Author: KittenKat
I know I am late to this... but WOW! OECs happen to be my favorite round stone!! (I am biased, since my center stone is one as well)

Your setting is gorgeous! And your stone is SO perfect!! It''s one of my favorite OEC rings ever.
Thanks! I''m a big fan of your ring too...love the pink as a compliment to the OEC!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results