shape
carat
color
clarity

Our new (old) 2.3 carat OEC e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Well, it''s been said plenty of times already, but you''ve got a gorgeous old cut in a gorgeous new setting. What a stunning pair!

Enjoy....

dani13

Ideal_Rock
FF-

Your ring is just amazingly beautiful!!! Congratulations- that stone is truly unique!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 5:41:36 PM
Author: Shay37
Okay, I know Widget just hyperventilated and fainted into her keyboard crashing her harddrive over those pics.

WIDGET, WIDGET, are you okay?
Shay...I must missed this post yesterday...probably because I was lying unconscious on the floor...
9.gif

I''m fine now, thanks....but am being careful not to look at these pictures too much lest I have another attack!

widget

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Facetfire, my mind is blown with the new pics and I feel a bit shaky and overawed.....That diamond is OUTRAGEOUS and I can''t bear to look at the pics anymore, unfortunately, it is just so beautiful it is painful
10.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
FacetFire, I keep coming back to look at your fabulous ring! It''s one of my favorites on PS. I dreamed of it last night.
30.gif
Ok, I''ll stop stalking your ring now.
20.gif
3.gif
The new pics are fabulous!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Facet - I saw this setting yesterday at Pearlman''s. It''s just gorgeous--absolute perfection--and I can only imagine how stunning your ring must be in person!!! Congratulations again!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
AWSOME photos! I''ll say it again, that stone is amazing, in a very beautiful setting.
30.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thats a beatiful ring! I also have an OEC in my e-ring, I don''t know why but I just HAD to have one.
Congrats on your new ring and engagement!

kucinta

Rough_Rock
FF, your ring is AWESOME!
30.gif
That setting suits the OEC so perfectly, it''s amazing! And the sunlight shots, wow... that thing was on FIRE!
9.gif
Congrats on your engagement and a stunning e-ring!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
these pictures are just unbelievable.

You have truly captured this stone

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 7:53:03 AM
Author: widget

Okay, I know Widget just hyperventilated and fainted into her keyboard crashing her harddrive over those pics.

Shay...I must missed this post yesterday...probably because I was lying unconscious on the floor...
9.gif

I''m fine now, thanks....but am being careful not to look at these pictures too much lest I have another attack!

widget
ROFLMAO!! I''m so glad to hear that you have recovered.

shay

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 12:32:25 PM
Author: FacetFire
And a firey handpic...

::swoooooon::

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 11:15:11 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Facet - I saw this setting yesterday at Pearlman''s. It''s just gorgeous--absolute perfection--and I can only imagine how stunning your ring must be in person!!! Congratulations again!
I just saw your post in the hangout thread on your visit to Pearlman''s and I was wondering if you got to see my setting. I''m so jealous of your visit. Maybe I can get a trip up there to look at WBs...
31.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 3:47:02 PM

Date: 8/18/2006 7:53:03 AM
Author: widget

9.gif

widget
ROFLMAO!! I''m so glad to hear that you have recovered.

shay
You guys are too funny! I am cracking up here!!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 1:28:52 PM
Author: innerkitten
Thats a beatiful ring! I also have an OEC in my e-ring, I don''t know why but I just HAD to have one.
Congrats on your new ring and engagement!
Innerkitten, I''m with you on that one. I wanted something that looked traditional and was obviously an engagement ring, but I wanted to be unique too. Once I saw an OEC, I was hooked! BTW, I went and looked up your ring, and it''s gorgeous! I think we need to see more pics of it! :)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2006 10:37:14 PM
Date: 8/18/2006 11:15:11 AM

Author: Dee*Jay

Facet - I saw this setting yesterday at Pearlman's. It's just gorgeous--absolute perfection--and I can only imagine how stunning your ring must be in person!!! Congratulations again!

I just saw your post in the hangout thread on your visit to Pearlman's and I was wondering if you got to see my setting. I'm so jealous of your visit. Maybe I can get a trip up there to look at WBs...
31.gif

I did indeed see your setting and it is gorgeous--but even more so I'm sure with your wonderful stone in it!

And if you can possibly get to Pearlman's it is 100% worth the trip!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOSH, that is one of my very favorites! It is such a cool profile view!!! I love your stone too. I love OECs! The size of yours is fabulous. That setting is really fantastic.

I could envision it with a plain platinum band or with a very thin eternity band. It might sit low enough not to interfere with the cool sidestones on the e-ring. I really like the eternity bands at signedpieces.com (facets collection). The bead set or the channel set band might be just right.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the juxtaposition of the old cut against the modern, sleek design. You don''t see that very often but you''ve done it very successfully with taste and elegance!!! What a stone -- a honkin'', flashing beauty!

And the fat facets on that rock.....DROOOOOOL!!!!!! I would so love to own an OEC one day!!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone again for all your nice comments! I was telling my fiance how many gorgeous rings there are on PS and he's so happy that everyone here appreciates his efforts. I took a couple more fire pics that I couldn't resist sharing with you guys. Someone asked a while ago if the larger facets on an OEC allow you to view an entire rainbow rather than just a fleeting sparkle of color (I think it may have been Cehrabehra?), but I thought these pics really answer that question. The large facets really do allow me to observe all the colors in a single rainbow at one time and I can tilt the ring and go through the entire color spectrum from deep red to indigo/purple. I love it!!!!! (Can you tell I'm still giddy over it?) :)

BlindShot012.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Another big rainbow...

BlindShots010.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And I thought this one was cool because I rarely see a lot of green fire...it almost looks like an alien ring...LOL

BlindShot013.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And just another handshot that I liked...

BlindShots008.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, that''s it. I don''t mean to keep overwhelming you guys with pics...but this macro thing is so much fun! I tried on WBs the other day, and I''m going to either go with a plain platinum one or a narrow bead set with about 50 points. Diamond-wise, anything smaller or bigger looked silly with it. Well, maybe I could handle bigger someday... ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2006 6:29:11 PM
Thanks everyone again for all your nice comments! I was telling my fiance how many gorgeous rings there are on PS and he''s so happy that everyone here appreciates his efforts. I took a couple more fire pics that I couldn''t resist sharing with you guys. Someone asked a while ago if the larger facets on an OEC allow you to view an entire rainbow rather than just a fleeting sparkle of color (I think it may have been Cehrabehra?), but I thought these pics really answer that question. The large facets really do allow me to observe all the colors in a single rainbow at one time and I can tilt the ring and go through the entire color spectrum from deep red to indigo/purple. I love it!!!!! (Can you tell I''m still giddy over it?) :)
yes yes yes that was me!!! I was reading this and thinking, okay how can I be obnoxious yet *again* and see if I can get some stats on that ring! It''s gorgeous! And by stats I''m wondering about the depth and crown... I love that high crown! I love your ring it''s just... it makes me excited and seeing these pics of HUGE rainbows just makes me even more certain I''m on the right path! Thank you!!!!!
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2006 6:33:29 PM
Okay, that''s it. I don''t mean to keep overwhelming you guys with pics...but this macro thing is so much fun! I tried on WBs the other day, and I''m going to either go with a plain platinum one or a narrow bead set with about 50 points. Diamond-wise, anything smaller or bigger looked silly with it. Well, maybe I could handle bigger someday... ;-)
do me a personal favor and just *try* to overwhelm me. I dare you ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 12:40:48 PM
Last one...I hope you enjoyed them!
this is the last pic on page 3 and I swear if you look closely you can see parts of your face like a strange mosaic! toward the bottom I swear I can see your lips and there are vague bits of camera and hair... you have brown hair, right? That''s just insane!! Too freaking cool!

I hope I am as lucky with my OMC.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi FacetFire ~
emrose.gif

I can''t belive I am just now seeing your RING!!!
emsmilep.gif
emlove.gif
emsmilep.gif

Holy Smokes! Your OEC is incredible!
30.gif
emlove.gif
30.gif

And your Michael Bondanza setting is gorgeous!
28.gif

Total package ... Breathtaking Beauty!
emlips.gif
emlove.gif
emlips.gif

I think I need a cold shower!
emsmiled.gif

Definately post a gazillion more
emphoto.gif
''s!!

35.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2006 2:14:17 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 8/27/2006 6:29:11 PM
Thanks everyone again for all your nice comments! I was telling my fiance how many gorgeous rings there are on PS and he''s so happy that everyone here appreciates his efforts. I took a couple more fire pics that I couldn''t resist sharing with you guys. Someone asked a while ago if the larger facets on an OEC allow you to view an entire rainbow rather than just a fleeting sparkle of color (I think it may have been Cehrabehra?), but I thought these pics really answer that question. The large facets really do allow me to observe all the colors in a single rainbow at one time and I can tilt the ring and go through the entire color spectrum from deep red to indigo/purple. I love it!!!!! (Can you tell I''m still giddy over it?) :)
yes yes yes that was me!!! I was reading this and thinking, okay how can I be obnoxious yet *again* and see if I can get some stats on that ring! It''s gorgeous! And by stats I''m wondering about the depth and crown... I love that high crown! I love your ring it''s just... it makes me excited and seeing these pics of HUGE rainbows just makes me even more certain I''m on the right path! Thank you!!!!!
36.gif
The crown is high, while the pavillion is actually shallow. It''s an EGL USA cert, and it only gives %, not angles. But, here''s all the numbers it gives:

2.30 carat
8.49 x 8.47 x 5.06 mm
Depth: 59.7 %
Table: 49 %
Crown: 16.2 % (I think you usually see around 14.5-15 % in a well-cut RB)
Pavillion: 39.3 %
Girdle: Thin to Sl. Thick
Culet: Medium
Polish: VG
Symmetry: G
Color: I
Clarity: SI1

Good luck in your search! I think that the numbers are so different in an OEC it''s hard to judge anything by numbers. I put these in the HCA once just to see, and it said that it was an awful stone (probably fish-eye) and shouldn''t be purchased. :) The one thing I really like about the numbers on this one is that the depth is slightly shallow, especially for an old stone, so we didn''t lose any size by getting an OEC.

Okay, now I have to put up a few more pics that I took. I am obsessed! PS has made me into a monster! LOL!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
A better handshot (I think). I still need to work on those...

MoreRingPics 001med.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I finally found one sad lonely buttercup growing near my deck to use for flowershots. It wilted VERY quickly, so there are only two.
7.gif

MoreRingPics 021med.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results