shape
carat
color
clarity

Our journey for our ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/23/2005 9:41:57 AM
Author: BrightSpot

Oh, this is just so exciting! I have a really good feeling about Vegas, but don''t expect it too much in case Sam doesn''t pop the question in Vegas. I''d hate for you to be disappointed.

Heck, what am I saying? Of course he''s proposing in Vegas!!!
36.gif
LOL. I hope so too!
36.gif

Icekid, I tried looking for your thread, but can''t find it! Where is the story on your awaited proposal???

icekid

Ideal_Rock
BrightSpot- We started school off with a bang yesterday morning, when we had "orientation" talks from 10 different people telling us how much this year is going to suck the life out of everyone. Very uplifting
36.gif
So it''s been a busy couple days, and I still have to pm you back
3.gif

Milly- the only information that is officially posted on my ring is here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-have-the-wax.29668/ and that was my initial wax. That is it, more or less- but there were a couple changes made. I''ve not seen the finished product myself, but I know it''s in my apartment somewhere.

The bf said last week that he couldn''t get anything done for his "plan" for the past two weeks since I was mostly home writing my paper. But since I''ve mostly been at school for the past couple days, he has been running a lot of "errands" and refuses to tell me what he is doing. It''s making me really curious about how he is going to propose if he has so many different things to prepare. I guess that means it should be sweet and thoughtful though!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
That's awesome, icekid! How sweet that he's going to so much effort to make the proposal special & memorable. (of course, no matter how he does it, it'll be special & memorable, eh?)

I'm glad school is going well so far--hope you have news to report soon!
36.gif

Milly, any news for you? When are you going to Vegas? How exciting!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
We''re leaving next Tuesday afternoon. 7 more days till Vegas!!!
36.gif

ashby

Rough_Rock
Milly, I have been reading through these posts and have to say I love these funny pre-engagement games we play! Such exciting times. I hope it''s close for you - It sounds like it will be within the next few weeks for us both. Your little girl and your diamond are beauties!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
OMG--7 days til Vegas?! You must be so excited! I know I am!!!
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ashby! I agree that this pre-engagement stage is oh so ever exciting!!!
32.gif
9.gif

Bright, I am using all my power not to explode with excitement! I''m just trying to think of this trip as a much needed vacation for the both of us. And if it does happen, then YAY!!!
36.gif
but if not, I know it''s coming soon.

My RHR distraction is working really well. By now, I have decided on getting 4 RHR! LOL, it''s so fun to dream though!

ONLY 6 MORE DAYS TILL VEGAS!!!!!
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
(Doing a little dance in my seat!
9.gif
)

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2005 12:30:26 PM
Author: Milly

Bright, I am using all my power not to explode with excitement! I''m just trying to think of this trip as a much needed vacation for the both of us. And if it does happen, then YAY!!!
36.gif
but if not, I know it''s coming soon.
I think this is the perfect attitude to take. I know it''s tough not to get super excited, though. I really think it''s gonna happen in Vegas, but if not, it will definitely be soon!
36.gif

What''s this about a RHR?
31.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
LOL--I too am dreaming of a large asscher RHR w/ horizontally (and vertically) set baguettes!

2-37ctasschercut3b.jpg

Perhaps if we say a prayer, the diamond fairy will bless us w/ twin rings!!!
36.gif

It helped me to obsess over my yellow sapphire ring while waiting for my diamond one to appear!
2.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is beautiful!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I caught Sam staring at me last night.
1.gif

We were sitting on the couch. I just finished working out so I was resting and was pretty flushed. We had to go upstairs for dinner, so I got up off the couch and untied my ponytail to retie it and as I finished I looked down at Sam, who was still sitting on the couch, I caught him staring at me with this look in his eyes. You know the kinda gaze where his eyes are like saying, "I''m so lucky to have her in my life".

When I saw him staring at me like that, it melted my heart. I felt so warm and fuzzy inside. It was such a sweet feeling.
5.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Milly:
I''ve been a longtime lurker, just reading up & learning about diamonds. I found this forum yesterday, and it was so awesome to read everyone''s stories, and get to the more "human" side of things.

Your story is great- what a lucky guy your BF is, and your daughter has the best mommy!

I''m sending you tons of good karma for Vegas!

ChargerGrrl

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS Charger!
35.gif

Thanks for reading my story and for sending me the good karma for my trip! As the trip is getting closer, my anticipation is growing!!! I''m starting to get so excited. I have to keep myself occupied! Hee.
9.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2005 1:49:05 PM
I caught Sam staring at me last night.
1.gif

We were sitting on the couch. I just finished working out so I was resting and was pretty flushed. We had to go upstairs for dinner, so I got up off the couch and untied my ponytail to retie it and as I finished I looked down at Sam, who was still sitting on the couch, I caught him staring at me with this look in his eyes. You know the kinda gaze where his eyes are like saying, ''I''m so lucky to have her in my life''.

When I saw him staring at me like that, it melted my heart. I felt so warm and fuzzy inside. It was such a sweet feeling.
5.gif
Aww.....he was probably also thinking, "If she looks this radiant after going to the gym, think how she''ll glow when I propose!"
9.gif

I''m just so excited for you!!!

CharGrrl, welcome to PS.
35.gif
Maybe you can convince Milly to meet up with you in Vegas so you can see her new ring!!!
36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome, gals!

Ahhh, Vegas- one of my favorite places. My best friend just moved there, so I''m planning on visiting often.

How''s the countdown going, Milly? You must be ready to burst!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
As the trip is nearing and today is Friday, so no more work days to keep me occupied....I am getting more and more nervous!! I feel like I have bats flying around my stomach!
32.gif

I tried to test Sam last night to see if he had anything up his sleeve for the trip. I just went on and on about how excited I was for the trip because of the room that we got with the shows we booked and the delicious restaurants we had reservations at. And at the end of it all, I asked him if he was excited.

He just casually shrugged, "Not really, it''s not like it''s the first time we''re going there." He didn''t even flinch or anything, so it doesn''t seem like he''s lying.
15.gif
So I''m guessing maybe he doesn''t have anything planned? I haven''t seen any signs, not even one, of anything suspicious going on. If it does happen on the trip, man did he do a good job of hiding it.

Girls, I don''t want to have disappointing news when I get back, so I''m giving you a heads up now.

Anyway, have a great labor day and enjoy the long weekend!!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
No, not really! Hmmm well I hope you get what you have been waiting for. but if not remember he is trying to make it the best for you that he possibly can. Good Luck!
36.gif

ashby

Rough_Rock
Hi Milly!
Awww... it sounds like you have a fantastic holiday planned, and who better to spend it with than the man you love? It's so excrutiating but remember it will be worth it! Your bf might indeed be just good at keeping secrets so he can surprise you - my bf is hopeless at it!! Last night we pigged out on pizza. And hour later we had the following conversation:
Him: "Ugh, I need to go out for a run" (he only does this about once a fortnight!!)
Me: "All right, I'll come with you" (feeling guilty for eating so much pizza)
Him: "Why? Nah, I'm just going to run to the shops and back, you don't want to come"
Me: "what do you mean, do you think I'll slow you down? Huh? What? Gee, THANKS!!" and he kept umming and ahhing, and started smiling at me. Suddenly then I realised something was up. I just smiled at him and put my fingers in my ears (because I knew he would not be able to help himself telling me now) and laughed and said "Just go", and he said "What? Why? What do you think - I mean, why?"
Me: Still smiling, "Just go!"
Him: "Oh...Er.... um...ah... All right I'll tell you - I was going to ask your dad for permission to marry you tonight!"

So anyway, he did it last night. My dad said yes!

Milly, enjoy your trip to Vegas. We're all thinking of you here at Pricescope. Fingers crossed!!!
35.gif
19.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Milly, I''ll be thinking about you all weekend! Have a wonderful time in Vegas & I can''t wait to hear all about your trip when you get back. Maybe you''ll even have some pics to post...
31.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ashby- Your bf sounds like mine! Though so far he hasn''t told me when he is going to ask, or ruined the surprise. I am hoping he will be able to pull it off though. He is so bad at keeping anything from me.

Milly- Have a wonderful trip to Vegas! And if it doesn''t happen there, so what? That means he has MORE special things planned! And that is probably even better
1.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies!

I''m back from my trip. I didn''t get a chance to log online until now. Right when we got back from Vegas, we drove up to Reno because Sam''s friends were all going and they dragged us along.

I had a blast in Vegas!! The shows were awesome! We saw Blue Man Group and Zumanity. The trip seemed kinda short though. I guess it was because we had so much fun!!! Our room at Bellagio was beautiful! We had a gorgeous view of the lake with the water show going off every 15 mins and we could see Paris right across the street. We were right in the middle on the front side of the hotel. The room had plush pillow top beds with really nice sheets and a wardrobe along with robes. The bathroom had a huge shower and a seperate tub. It was so perfect!

We ate a lot of good food. My favorite is still the Luxor Steakhouse. I had the escargot, warm spinach salad and filet mignon with giant gulf prawns. Yum!!! Can''t wait to go back.

We also ate at Rosewood Grille, this restaurant well known for their lobster. They''re located right across from the Monte Carlo. We took a picture with a 14 lb lobster! That thing was huge! Almost half the length of my body! And of course we ate lobster. It was very good, but too much lobster for me. I had the smallest size, 3 lbs, and Sam had a 4 lb lobster. I think 4 lbs would have been enough for us to share. We should''ve ordered that and anther entree. Oh, wells! Next time.

And no, it didn''t happen yet.
emteeth.gif
But I''m kinda happy that it didn''t. I''m started to enjoy this anticipation feeling more and more. I feel so excited whenever I think it is going to happen, but then when it doesn''t, I feel a little relieved. As anxious as I am to get the ring and be engaged to the man I love, I don''t want this exciting feeling to end, not just yet.
9.gif
I think I might be the only one feeling this way huh?

I think Sam knew I was thinking about the proposal and thinking that it''ll happen in Vegas. While we were there, he told me that the ring wasn''t ready yet and I didn''t even ask him about it! Heehee. I guess he knew I was going to be thinking about it and didn''t want me to focus on it the whole time we''re there.

We barely got any rest the whole week. We''ve been sleeping only 5 hours every night! I had to drink 3 cups of cofee to stay up this morning so I can catch up on all my work. I am so tired right now.

Gotta go! I have an appointment with the dentist....yuck!
41.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2005 7:27:01 PM
And no, it didn''t happen yet.
emteeth.gif
But I''m kinda happy that it didn''t. I''m started to enjoy this anticipation feeling more and more. I feel so excited whenever I think it is going to happen, but then when it doesn''t, I feel a little relieved. As anxious as I am to get the ring and be engaged to the man I love, I don''t want this exciting feeling to end, not just yet.
9.gif
I think I might be the only one feeling this way huh?
Yes, I was the only one feeling that way and only for a little while. That was what I said 14 days ago. I feel the total opposite now. I am driving myself crazy!! It''s been 12 weeks since we placed a deposit on our settings and 9 weeks since we picked out our diamond. What is taking so long?!?! Is the ring not ready yet? Has Sam picked up the ring and just torturing me?

*SIGH* This was so easy until last week, I started thinking how can this take so long? I''m starting to get mad at our jeweler. Why is he taking so long to finish the ring?
38.gif
The process is only supposed to take 3 weeks!

32.gif

19.gif

39.gif

32.gif

19.gif

38.gif

39.gif

40.gif

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
font>

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
oh milly!!! not that i want to add fuel to the fire, but perhaps the ring is already here??!! perhaps ur guys is just working on the perfect proposal and wants to surprise u??

i understand how frustrating this wait must be!!! good luck and keeping my fingers crossed that u have it on ur finger sooner than later!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Well, at least you are not yet stalking the jeweler....
11.gif
I agree with MSb your man has had to wait a long time to put that lovely on your finger, he wants to ensure that it was worth the wait, for both of you.

PS Keep your nails done and the digital camera charged!
27.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

Milly !!
I was just checking up ! Don''t get flustered hon, you''ll never get these days of anxiety/anticipation back again. Not ever ! If you can at all, just think these are my last days/weeks without a ring, without a permanent status symbol on my finger forevermore.
9.gif

I know it''s easy for me to say now, I did have days when I was going BONKERS
3.gif
when waiting for mine but I did try really hard to remember that once he proposed all of that anticipation would be gone .... so I tried to relish it.

Can''t wait for it to happen for you, we all have fingers and toes crossed for you that it will be soon (girlsoon!!)
36.gif

*HUGS*
C

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks you guys!
35.gif

I''m trying very hard to keep my mind off of it, although I have to admit, it is very hard! Especially because it seems to be taking so long! In the last two weeks, I''ve had 3 nightmares about the ring! It''s the same situation in every nightmare, the ring turned out wrong and very ugly! LOL, that''s so funny because I didn''t think I would have any of those dreams....

I did have a good dream last night. Sam finally proposed and the ring was perfect!
9.gif

I''ve been doing my nails twice a week for the past few weeks, you know just in case.....
2.gif
Besides it''s nice to look at my nails when they''re nice.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Milly! I just wanted to check on how you''re doing. I know the waiting can be agony--I totally had the bad ring nightmares too! Fortunately, you know the ring will be gorgeous & perfect because you guys picked it out together!
2.gif

Do you think Sam has it & is waiting for a moment to surprise you? Try to enjoy the anticipation if you can...you have such a wonderful moment (and ring!) to look forward to. And it''s kind of nice to share this secret w/ Sam (and all of us on PS!)

Gosh, I hope he proposes girl-soon....I can''t wait to hear about it and see your ring!
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock

Hey Bright!

Thanks for checking up on me. I''m pretty sure Sam already has the ring. I think he''s had it for at least 2 weeks now. My guess is he wants to wait for a good time to do it.

It is taking a pretty long time huh?

I don''t think it''ll be happening this week either since we have nothing planned. He hasn''t mentioned anything to me. I guess we''ll just have to wait and wait and wait until it happens!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 4:19:53 PM

I don''t think it''ll be happening this week either since we have nothing planned.

As far as you know....
31.gif

Maybe he''s just waiting until he thinks you''ve forgotten about the ring & will then surprise you.
2.gif
Silly boys to think we could ever forget!
20.gif

How are you holding up during the wait?

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I''m holding up okay.....

I think I''m past that point where the anticipation is fun. Now I''m just waiting for it to happen....and it''s a pretty long wait.

So funny about the boys thinking we''ll ever forget. It seems like the longer it takes, the more I''m thinking about it. Up until 3 weeks ago, I haven''t been thinking about the ring or proposal at all! I was too busy doing what I''m doing and then BAM! it hits me....

"Hey...it''s been a while since we''ve decided on our rings...what''s taking so long?" And now that''s all I can think about. If he had tried to do anything 3+ plus weeks ago, I would have been totally shocked and surprised because it wasn''t even in my mind.

As of now, I''m not sure what''s going to happen since I can''t get it out of my head!! LOL, poor guy, he''s going to have a tough time surprising me......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results