shape
carat
color
clarity

Our journey for our ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Starset! Thanks so much for the "DO IT" vibes....hehee LOL. That is funny.
9.gif

*fingers crossed for the whole week* Heehee......

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Argh...every time I see an update on your thread, I think, surely Sam has proposed!
40.gif

I am sending lots of diamond fairy dust your way--hopefully it'll be soon--maybe even this weekend! (though I think you're right not to get too excited about a proposal this weekend in case his fantastic plan will kick into place a bit later...) I'm so impressed that you didn't pick up the ring yourself or give in to Sam's offer to peek! I don't know if I could've resisted! I think you'll be glad you didn't look, though--think of the fabulous surprise you'll receive when you get Sam's wonderful proposal & that fantastic ring at the same time! I hope you don't keel over in joy!
32.gif
3.gif

I'm crossing my fingers for you!
2.gif

ETA: You don't think he's planning some sort of holiday proposal, do you?

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry guys! I know, seeing me update the thread makes you hope that he proposed.
9.gif
Me too.

To answer your question Bright, I don't think he's planning some sort of holiday proposal. I'm pretty sure it'll happen soon. I mean Thanksgiving is around the corner and I have a lot of preparing to do. I'm the chef for Thanksgiving, and when I say I'm the chef , I mean I am the ONLY chef!

But I think if he doesn't propose before Thanksgiving, I will literally kill him!
27.gif
Because right after Thanksgiving is Alyssa's 2 year birthday (Dec 5th) and I have to plan that party too. Then of course, there is Christmas! So he better fit that proposal somewhere into the next 2 weeks!!
20.gif

I am not about to go through all the holidays with the ring hidden in some dark place where no one can see and admire it!! Now that I think of it, what the hell is he up to?? What the hell is he thinking?! How are we going to fit celebrating our engagement and having an engagement party all into this jam packed holiday season?? Argh!! That's why I have my fingers crossed for this weekend..........
9.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I have my fingers crossed for you too!! I hope it''s this weekend!!
36.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Sending a little patience and a little diamond soon luck your way! Cant wait to see that thing, doesnt he know its not jsut you. we are all waiting!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 8:18:27 PM
Author: msflutter
Sending a little patience and a little diamond soon luck your way! Cant wait to see that thing, doesnt he know its not jsut you. we are all waiting!

Yeah!
11.gif
Tell Sam all of your friends on PS are getting impatient here....
29.gif
17.gif
9.gif

That''s true that it would be more convenient if he proposed when you guys had more time & energy to celebrate your engagement, but regardless of when he does it, you''ll celebrate! Just be careful you don''t get too distracted by your blinding ring that you cut yourself while preparing the Thanksgiving feast.
2.gif
I have a feeling your wait will be over soon...
16.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I finally have time to update this thread today.

Sam and I had a talk last night and he told me that the proposal was not going to happen until AFTER Thanksgiving, but before Christmas! So I still have several more weeks to go...

All this time I have been going crazy about waiting, he has been stressed about the proposal. He told me that there is so much pressure on the guy to get it right and make it special. He said my giving him more pressure is not helping the situation. I guess I never thought about it from HIS point of view. I mean I'm having my own problems waiting!
9.gif
I guess guys go through some sort of phase that we have no idea about. It's like how they have no idea what we go through because they're so stressed about THEIR plans.

Since I at least have a time frame of when it's going to happen, I feel much better now. I'm going to zip my mouth about the proposal starting today. Now if Xmas rolls around and still no proposal? That's a diff story.
11.gif
But I believe his word. He said it's in between Thanksgiving and Xmas, so it'll be that time....

Okay. That's all now. Thanks for reading up on my long long story. 6 pages on this darn thread and still no pics of the ring! I feel ashamed.
15.gif
I'm going to go back to page 1&2 and stare at the diamond! Hee.
9.gif

Hopefully the next several weeks will fly by!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Arrgghh

bangheadhere.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
After thanksgiving, but that is nearly a month! What a tease! 11 weeks of having the ring and not using it. Boys are so silly. Well at least you have a range. And you will have your nails done anyway becuase of all the events. Any chance he is going to ask on your little girls birthday?

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to be optimistic and think he is just saying that to throw her off the trail.
3.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Well, that''s good that you have a timeline now. I wish it was going to happen before Thanksgiving rather than after, but it''s still less than 2 months away. Hopefully you can relax a bit now that you know the end is in sight.
2.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
That was my exact same thought Mat! 11 weeks of having the ring, but not putting it to use! What a waste!
9.gif

Thanks for the optimism LollyBear! I need all that you got!

Bright, I do wish it was BEFORE and not AFTER. But oh wells? What can we do? Nothing, but wait. At least I know when the end of the waiting is, so it puts me at ease. I''m not going crazy anymore. I feel more calm and relaxed.

I don''t think he''ll be doing it on Alyssa''s bday. I think he has a trip planned out. So, it''ll probably be during a weekend. The next weekend he has off from work is on Dec 2, which he has a 3 day weekend, so maybe then? But then again, during the whole month of Dec, he has 3 day weekends, so it could be any weekend during then. I have to stop analyzing this so much.
I''m just glad that the constant thought I had before, "What is he waiting for?? What is taking so long??? He already has the ring!!" is finally out of my mind. It turns out I much rather know when it''ll happen. Only 4-7 more weeks to wait! Hee.

Oh, and BTW, Mat, I''ve been doing my own manicures ever since I knew he picked up the ring. And I''ve been redoing my nails every 3 days. All this typing cracks the polish and it doesn''t look as shiny anymore!
9.gif
I just like the look of nice nails, so this manicure thing is definitely becoming addictive. I''m getting very good at doing my own french manis too. And the price beats going out to get one big time! But I still can''t give up my pedicures! Love those, going tonight to get one. Hee
5.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
haha, Milly! I can''t give up my pedis either! it IS more economical to do them myself, but I like being pampered
3.gif
I think I read somewhere you''re in SF? is that right? if so, I am too! Where do you get your pedis at? I''m always looking for new places to try on top of the tried and true.

I hope the proposal happens soon for the sake of your sanity and for the sake of us getting to see your beautiful ring!
1.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I finally have a little time to update my long thread! I have news...................

I''M ENGAGED!!!!
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

It happened last Saturday, 12.03.05. Sam took me on a surprise trip to Monterey for the weekend. I was hoping he would ask me on the trip, but by the 2nd night he still didn''t ask me and I gave up thought that it would happen while we were there. But I''m getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you the whole story.

He told me we were going on a trip at the beginning of the week and I kept asking him where we were going, but he wouldn''t tell me. All I knew was we were leaving Friday morning and we were driving. I had no idea what to pack. He guided me on what to type of clothes to pack. When I got home from work on Thursday evening, I was not feeling well. I felt a cold coming on. I was thinking "great, I''m going to be sick when he proposes!"

Anyway, we started heading out on Friday morning. I still had no idea where we were going. I stayed awake for most of the ride and fell asleep towards the end since I was sick. When I woke up, we were in Monterey. We checked into this beautiful little inn by the beach. Our room had a wood burning fire place and huge window sill with large windows looking out to the beach. The beach was literally in our backyard!

You can imagine my excitement when we got there. Things were looking up. After we unpacked and settled into our room, we went downstairs to enjoy the complimentary cheese, wine and tea service the hotel offered. We also made reservations to eat at the Sardine Factory that night. After the cheese and wine, we decided to take a stroll around the area. This is when I thought for sure it would happen. It didn''t.

We went to dinner and took another walk after dinner. I thought it would be now. Nope. By the end of the night, we went back to our hotel room and started the fireplace. We sat by the fire talking and enjoying some local wine (delicious!) We then went to bed.

The next morning, our complimentary breakfast was delivered to our room. We ate our breakfast on our windowsill watching the waves wash in. It was a perfect moment. Nope, nothing. After breakfast we went to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium. That place is so beautiful!! i especially love this one kind of jellyfish that was blue. I forgot the name. Anyway after the aquarium, we ate at Bubba Gump''s. It was my first time eating there, the food was really good.

After lunch we went back to our room to change and decided to go for a walk on the beach. I thought it was going to happen then too. But nothing. After our walk, we grabbed some cheese and wine from the lobby and went back to our room to enjoy it by the fire. We were planning to relax by the fire until dinner time. We had reservations at 8pm and by 7pm, we started getting ready. At that time I decided it wasn''t going to happen on the trip because I knew he wasn''t going to propose during dinner since we wanted to keep it private and we were leaving the next morning.

After we finished getting ready, I was hurring because we were a little late, and I was checking the room to make sure the heat was on at a comfortable tempature. I didn''t notice at all that Sam was pacing around the room. I said to Sam, "Beebee, let''s go, we''re late!" As my hand went for the door knob, he grabbed my other hand and pulled me back to the window sill area.

That is when my heart started racing. As he started to say all these sweet things to me, my eyes started filling up with tears and I could see the same happening to him. At the end of his little speech (which I hardly remember what was said since I was in such a daze!), he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!!!! By that time I was crying so my reply was, "I can''t see! I can''t see!"

He took my hand and placed the ring in my hand and asked, "so?" I lifted him off his knees and gave him a big hug and replied, "Yes, I will. Yes, I will. I will, I will." He then took the ring and slid it onto my finger!!! and we kissed. He then said, "let''s go look at the ring" and then took me to the bathroom lights and *sigh*. The ring was beautiful!

We started kissing and hugging again. We couldn''t stop smiling. I fixed my make up (thank goodness I brought waterproof eyeliner and mascara, for just in case) and we head out to dinner. We were in our own little world. We weren''t even hungry anymore because we were so happy and excited!

I am still floating on cloud 9. Everytime I look down at my ring, I think back to that magical moment. I am so happy to be engaged to the man I love!!!!
5.gif

Sorry for such a long post, but that is the story. I''m not going to proof read it so, sorry for any misspelled words, etc. And I know you all want to see the pics. I promised I will post them tonight. I left my digital camera at my mom''s house and it has all the pics. I will pick it up tonight and post it then. Thanks for listening and being there during this long journey! I love you guys.

Oh, and I promise I will update this thread with pics before putting it in the SMTR forum. I gotta take care of my girls first, ya know?
2.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
emlove.gif
emotion-19.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Bout time!!! I can''t believe he was able to hold out so long. I love the idea of being wisked away somewhere and proposed to there. sweet!

can''t wait to see the pics!!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
YAYYYY!!!!!!! I am soooooooo happy for you!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

You certainly deserved an ultraromantic getaway proposal, and it sounds like he made it completely perfect for you!!!!! Can''t wait to see the pics!!!!
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif
I cannot wait to see your photos!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
YAYYY Milly!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
What a perfect place, a wonderful story, and I couldn''t BE more happy for you two! I loved your story from the beginning, including pictures of your cute daughter trying on the jewelry! Yes, you send those pics on soon! Hugs, and congrats girl!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Milly, i saw a post over in one of the other forums and had to come over here and check in for an update. I''ve been following your story as i do so many of the LIW. Anyway, i''m so happy for you, it''s sounds wonderful and I can''t wait to see pics of your new and well deserved sparklie..

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Milly!
36.gif
Can''t wait to see pics!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! What a sweet sweet story!! I am sooooo happy for you. This may be blasphemy on this site, but the stories are my favorite, not the rings.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies,

I cannot thank you enough for the support you have given me during the waiting period. It was so difficult, but when he asked me, I couldn''t even remember the agony of the wait. It was all worth it. Everytime I look down at my ring, I think about his proposal and I feel all warm inside again.

This is such a beautiful feeling. I wish I can just bottle it up for a rainy day in the future. But I have the memories which I will never forget. It''s been 5 days and I still cannot believe I am engaged!
5.gif

I am so happy I am able to share this fabulous time with you ladies. You gals understand this situation better than most of friends!! I am so insanely excited!! I can''t stop smiling!!

I just saw one of my friends and she said I was smiling so much she couldn''t see my eyes at all. Kinda like this ---------------->
9.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I''m so excited for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations!!!!
9.gif

I was wondering just this morning when we''d have news from you...
2.gif

Can''t wait for the pics!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay WHERE are the pictures!!!!!!

you posted this update HOURS ago and I keep looking for pictures every time i get an update email, but nothing. CRUEL I TELL YA!!!

oh and congrats of course! yay!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh! That is SO exciting! I''m so happy for you.. when do we get to see Ring pictures? and some family pictures too.. because I am in love with your daughter!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
YEAH, I CANT FIND THE PICS EITHER!!!! But CONGRATULATIONS!!! I''ve been waiting to see when he did it!! YAY!!
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, Ladies,

I am on pacific standard time. It is only 4:30pm here. (Mara, you should know that!) I am not even off work yet. I don''t get off work until 6pm and then I have to run some errands and then to my mom''s house to pick up the camera and then go home and upload to the computer, and edit before posting!
1.gif

Please bear with me for a little more. I promise I will bomb you with so many pics that you will beg me to stop! Hee.
9.gif
And I will also post a few with Alyssa (at MelissaSue''s request).
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WORK!? WHAT is that?!?! Don''t you know that diamond pictures take priority over pesky jobs?
31.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh! That is wonderful, Milly! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results