shape
carat
color
clarity

Our journey for our ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks you gals!! I am absolutely loving the ring and the set! I was trying to go for the look that icekid and Mara was talking about. The classic simple solitaire look with a little twist (aka the pave on the basket).

And yes, Mara, I had Topper Jewelers in Burlingame create the set.

jcrow, "old soul trapped in a young body", that is a good way of describing it. Hee.
9.gif

And Bright, I cannot take my eyes off it for even a minute. I keep glancing at it no matter what I''m doing.

And Kerbear, I will start a thread in SMTR forum when I get some time to set up many more pics. I have A LOT!!! Heehee.
41.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I love the pave on the basket and the double claw prongs...yummy!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! I love it! I am seriously drooling right now!!
30.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats again, Milly!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Milly, it is wonderful, I love the little touch of diamonds on your basket, subtle and not too much. It looks wonderful on your hand, so sparkly! Congrats on your engagment to Sam and on your ring!
36.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
LOVE the ring Milly- it is breathtaking- gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Milly,

Congrats on your engagement! I love the subtle details on your ring!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh its beautiful!!! I love the look of a pave basket! more pics more pics more pics! i''m going to smtr right now in hopes that you started a new thread there!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Definately worth waiting for! Its gorgeous, it is substantial on the hand, I LOVE the pave basket. Very lucky lady(and such a sweet story, isnt the suspense the best...now that its over?)! I wish you a world of happiness!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Thank you ladies!!! For all the well wishes and such wonderful compliments.
5.gif

I went out to celebrate with my MOH and BMs last night and didn''t get to bed until 4am, so I only got 3 hours of sleep. I am tired tired tired!
14.gif
24.gif
But my ring and everything else during this engagement bliss is keeping me wide awake and in the best mood ever!!
9.gif

Sorry ginger! I haven''t started a thread in SMTR yet. I didn''t have anytime yesterday night at all. Hee. Please be patient with me. It''ll have to be a few days before I am able to overflow you guys with the many many pics I took. And I have really cute ones with the ring on Alyssa''s finger. With her tiny little hands, the ring looks like it''s 10 carats!! Yummy! Can I please get SHS (shrinking hand surgery)?? LOL.

nicolejrx

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is beautiful! Welcome to the world of wedding planning! Hehe
Nicole

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I''m late to the party- It''s been a whirlwind week for me.
CONGRATS! That ring is beautiful- definately worth the wait.
Enjoy!!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Milly, congrats on your engagement. I have been following your story. Your rings are spectacular!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, Milly!!!! I''m so happy for you and Alyssa and your FIANCE!!!! (you get to use that word now, it''s fun!!!)

Your ring is amaaaaazing...I figured Toppers made it, because as soon as I saw the profile shot, it reminded me so much of Slammie''s ring, which also has pave on the basket and double claw prongs...almost the exact same profile!!! Hers was made by Toppers too, and is gorgeous as well.

I just love the ring, and I love reading about how happy you are!!! It''s the best feeling in the world, isn''t it? :)

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Milly, I''ve only just seen your thread (where have I been
33.gif
. Reading through it has turned me into an emotional wreck, I can only imagine how awful it was for you waiting so many weeks for a proposal. However, you''re now ENGAGED and that''s what''s important. CONGRATULATIONS, your ring is gorgeous
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!
9.gif

Looking at the ring doesn''t get old. It feel so good to see it and remember that moment when he got down on one knee and asked me......
9.gif

Wedding planning....oh my. I''m not ready for it. Unlike most of the LIWs, I wasn''t such a good one. I never spent anytime looking at any wedding stuff at all!
6.gif
When I told people I was engaged, they always ask me about the wedding and I have no answers to any of their questions. Sam and I are trying to settle on a date before the end of the week. Hopefully we can do so!

Houmedgal, I actually used Slammie''s rings as my inspiration. I love the profile shot for her rings, so I went with that. It is so beautiful!

Awww....minimouse, thanks for taking the time out to read the whole thread! It''s pretty long......You''re such a sweetheart!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Milly! I was up so late waiting for those pics and then my computer crashed the next day and today is the first time I''ve had a chance to see your ring, and it is beautiful!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Milly, that diamond is electric! It looks beautiful! Love the setting, love the eternity band. YUM!
18.gif
Congratulations! Hope you have a lot of fun, and minimal stress planning your wedding! Are you going to have the Chinese tea ceremony?

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks kalispera! No problem being late.

Leila, we are planning to do the tea ceremony. The night before the tea ceremony, I will be staying at my mom's house with my bridal party and Sam will stay at his mom's house with his groom party. In the morning at the correct chosen time (you know how Chinese people must pick up the bride at the exact time), he and his groomsmen will come to my mom's house to pick me up.

I will probably wear a kay-po or maybe a kwung-kwa because the kay-po will make me look even chubbier than I am! Hee. My bridal party will play all the tricks on them, i.e. asking for the opening-door-red-envelope (they want a nice large sum, like $999.99 heehee), making Sam do pushups, sing, dance, whatever else they can think of. And after they are finally satisfied, they will open the door for him and his party and we will perform the tea ceremony at my house first for my superiors.

After that we will head to his mom's house to perferm the tea ceremony for his superiors. We will pick up his grandparents the day before so they will stay the night and be there in the morning.

And after that we will probably fly to our destination wedding the same day or the day after.
9.gif
Feels so good to even just think about it!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, Milly, it sounds like it''s going to be sooooo much fun! Your poor Sam is going to have to jump through hoops and all and be at the mercy of your bridesmaids! HAHA! I love how a kay-po looks. I wore one on my wedding day and it just makes you feel so elegant. What is a kwung-kwa? It sounds familiar but my Chinese is not too good at all. And 2 years of Mandarin in college certainly did nothing for my Chinese--except find me my husband! And don''t be silly about being chubby, I''ve seen your pics and you are not. Besides, in Chinese culture a girl with meat on her bones is preferred.
28.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Leila, a kwung-kwa is almost the same as the kay-po but two pieces and with long sleeves. Older women usually wear them, i.e. the bride or groom''s mom. But the kwung-kwa looks good too, not as good as the kay-po though. I guess I''ll have to try some on to decide.

Anyway, I finally started a thread in the SMTR forum. I know, I know, it''s been such a long time. I''m sorry. I''ve been so busy at work and with Alyssa''s bday party last weekend, I had no time at all. But it''s there now. Check it out:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-long-overdue-for-these.37456/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results