shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions, please, on these settings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 6:32:08 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
It is hard to choose a Tacori style without trying them on, which I haven''t done. Sooo, I don''t know how I''ll choose anything other than the Tiffany knife edge!

Hey you tried mine on!
2.gif

I am in the minority and really like baguettes (though I like step cuts). I think they are very elegant. Your friend''s ring looks very nice on your hand. I am not usually a fan of Scott Kay''s setting but I LOVE the simon G. I would want to keep the rose gold though. But then again I like rings with a twist.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. to diamondseeker2006: I know what you mean about a baguette e-ring next to a w-band. I don''t like baguette w-bands either, and next to a w-band with rounds it doesn''t seem to match that well. (except with some of these settings where there are rounds after the bag''s, it ties it in a bit more.) Although actually, I think there''s a PSer named Jo or something that has the bag. e-ring/ RB w-band combo, and hers looks nice. Speaking of all this reminds me that I am hopeless, as everything always looks beautiful on others, but on myself... ugh......
38.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2006 6:58:11 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 5/22/2006 6:32:08 PM
It is hard to choose a Tacori style without trying them on, which I haven''t done. Sooo, I don''t know how I''ll choose anything other than the Tiffany knife edge!

Hey you tried mine on!
2.gif

I am in the minority and really like baguettes (though I like step cuts). I think they are very elegant. Your friend''s ring looks very nice on your hand. I am not usually a fan of Scott Kay''s setting but I LOVE the simon G. I would want to keep the rose gold though. But then again I like rings with a twist.
Let me make a major correction...I have tried on ONE absolutely GORGEOUS Tacori...and it was on Saturday! I''d certainly love one just like it, but I sort of felt that her emerald cut diamond looked best in that setting.

OFG, we don''t have a BBB nearby, but I have been to the store where Tacori got hers. At that time, I was thinking of having a custom set made (and she is having her w-band made there custom), and I spent a few hours there working on that and never tried on the Tacori settings. I decided I was too afraid to order custom with no real-life model to go by, so I have abandoned that idea. So now I feel a little awkward going back and asking to try on all the Tacori''s unless I can find out that man''s day off. Maybe I''ll call and get his schedule and make it like I want to be sure he is there when I come, but really go on his day off! Lol!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 7:25:37 PM

So now I feel a little awkward going back and asking to try on all the Tacori's unless I can find out that man's day off. Maybe I'll call and get his schedule and make it like I want to be sure he is there when I come, but really go on his day off! Lol!
You truly had me laughing out loud on that one!
3.gif

And I agree, Tacori e-ring's beautiful ring looks best with a long stone like her EC; definitely not a RB.

After sort of digressing here: more opinions wanted on these settings, please......

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Janis. I am only teasing you.

OFG, thank you as well. Really I think it is great you are trying on all of the settings you are considering. I first wanted a different Tacori and HATED it on my hand. However I think all of the settings you posted look great on yours. Do any of them make your heart beat alittle faster?

ETA for diamondseeker: Reeds carries Tacori as well. HTH.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 11:06:09 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
OFG, thank you as well. Really I think it is great you are trying on all of the settings you are considering. I first wanted a different Tacori and HATED it on my hand. However I think all of the settings you posted look great on yours. Do any of them make your heart beat alittle faster?
Yes, I have to try them on, because it is amazing (and alarming!) how much different a ring looks once I have it on my hand, or details that bug me that I didn''t notice in the store. When I get it home, or even out into natural light, etc., I see things that I would never have noticed in 10 minutes in the store, which drive me crazy. That''s what happened with my first e-ring setting, and I don''t want it to happen again. It''s a pain, because sometimes I might think of doing something custom, but if I can''t at least try on something close, it''s impossible to know if I''d like it long-term. I like it when the store has a return policy, because then I can really try it on for a realistic period. If the store where I got my little estate e-ring that I wear with my wedding band now hadn''t had a return policy, I wouldn''t own it now.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OFG -- just as an FYI, scroll down to see what my Tacori with baguettes looks like with my channel-set wedding band of round diamonds. There was a matching wedding band to go with my ring, but I really wanted an eternity band with rounds. I had the band custom made to "go" with the e-ring, even though they are not matchy-matchy at all. Yes, there is a gap, but I love that gap and think that it makes the set look more distinctive. Just more info for your consideration.
9.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kristydarlings-3-stone-by-leon-mege.44363/page-10

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, KristyDarling. Yes, that does look good; I definitely like your band better than a baguette wedding band. That's how that other PS'er (Jo?) wears hers - a baguette e-ring with rounds on WB. Actually though, I don't have to worry too much about it, because I will probably wear this ring alone most of the time, although it would be an advantage if it could go reasonably well with an anniversary band. But I'm not going to worry about that. Hard enough to decide on a lone ring!!

I was thinking of starting a new thread with just the 'winners' from this one, since I don't seem to be getting any more responses at all. I agree with you and Virginia: I don't really like the pave after the baguettes on the Scott Kay, plus I don't like how wide the two baguettes get. With either the Scott Kay or the Simon G, if I were to have it custom-made I'd probably only put one diamond at the end in any case.

I would still like feedback on these rings, but for now I think I might put the baguettes on the back-burner (but not dismiss them entirely), and consider if I don't go for baguettes, what will I go for? One thing I do like about baguettes is how they let the center stone stand out. So, if I go with more sparkly sidestones, how to keep the center-stone center-stage? Also, the Tiffany deco is still in the running. One last thing is, I think my DH isn't a baguette fan either. When I tried my friend's 50-year old classic baguette ring with the fishtail prongs that's shown in this thread, he said, "it's okay." And I said, "just okay?" And he said, I kid you not, "It's kind of modern."*
6.gif
I think he likes more sparkly sidestones. Of course, if I decide I absolutely LOVE a ring w/ baguettes or whatever and must have it, he will like it because I'd be happy. But THAT is the problem: deciding what I absolutely LOVE. So far nothing has jumped out and said, "I'm the one!"

*modern = bad....
2.gif
We both like classic, traditional things. But that's one thing I always liked about my friend's ring - the antique look!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2006 8:25:39 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

I would still like feedback on these rings, but for now I think I might put the baguettes on the back-burner (but not dismiss them entirely), and consider if I don''t go for baguettes, what will I go for? One thing I do like about baguettes is how they let the center stone stand out. So, if I go with more sparkly sidestones, how to keep the center-stone center-stage? Also, the Tiffany deco is still in the running. One last thing is, I think my DH isn''t a baguette fan either. When I tried my friend''s 50-year old classic baguette ring with the fishtail prongs that''s shown in this thread, he said, ''it''s okay.'' And I said, ''just okay?'' And he said, I kid you not, ''It''s kind of modern.''*
6.gif
I think he likes more sparkly sidestones. Of course, if I decide I absolutely LOVE a ring w/ baguettes or whatever and must have it, he will like it because I''d be happy. But THAT is the problem: deciding what I absolutely LOVE. So far nothing has jumped out and said, ''I''m the one!''
Proportion, proportion, proportion my friend. That''s how to keep the center stone center-stage with sparkly sidestones. I definitely think you can get sidestones that aren''t baggs that will complement your center stone but not compete with it. I do still love that Tiffany Deco, too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like your friend's ring the best-- from top view. The straight baguette the second best from the top view of it. But I like the Scott Kay from the side with the surprise stone on the side. So... my vote would be a classic tapered baguette setting from Quest with a surprise diamond interesting designed side view. Don't like your friend's from the side. It bores me. And I dislike the pave after the baguettes on the Scott Kay. so I'd combine them. LOL.

As for the tiffany. It is everything you wrote... classic and timeless and streamlined. But like tapers with rounds... so I would go with that look. I don't care for the emerald cut squares in that setting with a round center as much. Don't know why.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2006 8:25:39 PM
Thanks, KristyDarling. Yes, that does look good; I definitely like your band better than a baguette wedding band. That''s how that other PS''er (Jo?) wears hers - a baguette e-ring with rounds on WB. Actually though, I don''t have to worry too much about it, because I will probably wear this ring alone most of the time, although it would be an advantage if it could go reasonably well with an anniversary band. But I''m not going to worry about that. Hard enough to decide on a lone ring!!

I was thinking of starting a new thread with just the ''winners'' from this one, since I don''t seem to be getting any more responses at all. I agree with you and Virginia: I don''t really like the pave after the baguettes on the Scott Kay, plus I don''t like how wide the two baguettes get. With either the Scott Kay or the Simon G, if I were to have it custom-made I''d probably only put one diamond at the end in any case.

I would still like feedback on these rings, but for now I think I might put the baguettes on the back-burner (but not dismiss them entirely), and consider if I don''t go for baguettes, what will I go for? One thing I do like about baguettes is how they let the center stone stand out. So, if I go with more sparkly sidestones, how to keep the center-stone center-stage? Also, the Tiffany deco is still in the running. One last thing is, I think my DH isn''t a baguette fan either. When I tried my friend''s 50-year old classic baguette ring with the fishtail prongs that''s shown in this thread, he said, ''it''s okay.'' And I said, ''just okay?'' And he said, I kid you not, ''It''s kind of modern.''*
6.gif
I think he likes more sparkly sidestones. Of course, if I decide I absolutely LOVE a ring w/ baguettes or whatever and must have it, he will like it because I''d be happy. But THAT is the problem: deciding what I absolutely LOVE. So far nothing has jumped out and said, ''I''m the one!''

*modern = bad....
2.gif
We both like classic, traditional things. But that''s one thing I always liked about my friend''s ring - the antique look!
I''ll be watching your setting search threads, OFG. I''m a lot like you!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
"I like your friend''s ring the best-- from top view. But I like the Scott Kay from the side with the surprise stone on the side. So... my vote would be a classic tapered baguette setting from Quest with a surprise diamond interesting designed side view. Don''t like your friend''s from the side. It bores me. And I dislike the pave after the baguettes on the Scott Kay. so I''d combine them. LOL"

Thanks, Gypsy! That is the kind of feedback I want. I too like the side view of the Scott Kay, and thought if I did something custom I might try to combine those best elements. I do love a beautiful profile.

"As for the tiffany. But like tapers with rounds... so I would go with that look. I don''t care for the emerald cut squares in that setting with a round center as much. Don''t know why."

It looks nice in person - in the jewelry-store lighting (as usual), but that''s another thing I worry, is that I wouldn''t love the emerald cut squares enough myself after a while. The problem with rounds is that they are round - LOL - meaning, with channel set, I don''t necessarily like the gaps that rounds give. And is there a way to get that taper with prong set? ugh, wish I weren''t so picky!

Proportion, proportion, proportion my friend. That''s how to keep the center stone center-stage with sparkly sidestones. I definitely think you can get sidestones that aren''t baggs that will complement your center stone but not compete with it.

True, but I am so picky!!
5.gif
But I''ll go shopping again this week and try to look at more of these.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 92.2%; HEIGHT: 91px">Date: 5/22/2006 5:51:11 PM

Yes I have sometimes thought my screen-name should be ''indecisive'', or since that''s been used, ''hopelessly indecisive.''
8.gif
slightly unusual twist.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Or maybe my screen name should be "easily influenced".
Now I love the Tiffany deco ring!!!

I talked to Pete yesterday at Quest and he''s got a 6 week backlog!
My thought is to get a very nice quality solitaire, so I can stack my w-band,e-rring and eternity ring together.
Then I can get more eternity rings to change things up.
(rose gold with pink diamonds! yellow diamonds! yum)

But, since the backlog is so long, I''m gonna wait a while and keep searching styles to make sure I have looked at everything!
Aren''t they probably busy because it is wedding season?
Heck, even if there is still a 6 week wait in September, no big deal....

The search is fun, too.............
26.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like the idea of alternative bands. That is one of the advantages of a solitaire. You can change the look by changing the w-band. (Trying to talk myself into that option so I don''t have to keep looking!!!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results