shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG it’s my OMC!!!! A 6.2 carat dream!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! My stone kind of reminds me of your 5ct!! How are you enjoying yours? How do you like your K color from a warmth perspective??

Lol yes you’re right! Mine is the little sister to yours! :wink2:
As a card carrying member of the ORTRTA (one ring to rule them all. . ) camp, I’ve found my stone and I am sated, and it‘s a great feeling. I still love to look at everyone’s beautiful bling (like yours) but I’m as happy today as the day I got her.
Interesting that you ask about the color—- I was just thinking about this yesterday. I find that my diamond shows more warmth . . . in PICTURES of all places:confused: IRL- I really don’t see any warmth at all. These old stones are really magnificent in so many ways.

I think your finger coverage is just perfecto, and the setting really lets your stone take center stage. Do you think you will ever change the setting?
(I ask because while I will not change my stone, I’m not opposed to changing her “dress” years down the line.)

Enjoy and wear your ring in good health and happiness! :wavey:

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Wooooooweeeee that's one gorgeous looker indeed! The setting is so elegant and perfectly proportional with your superlicious stone. Sigh 6 carats- you are one lucky lady!!! Seriously, be still my heart.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry guys, but I had to share THIS. I bought the most amazing, amazing, amazing french cut band from Dolly on IG...and it's BEYOND!!!! I likely won't wear these together often (I'm not THAT fabulous, and the french cut will be more of a right hand band) but this combo is something else!

:appl:

IMG_5037.jpg

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
oh but you must wear them together and have many many photo shoots!

I have always loved that band, it was just too small, im so glad to see it perfectly fitting on someone's hand

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
oh but you must wear them together and have many many photo shoots!

I have always loved that band, it was just too small, im so glad to see it perfectly fitting on someone's hand

Ha!! I literally watched this band for MONTHS. I finally took the plunge and so glad I did!

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
That ring is to die for! What an incredible diamond and the setting is so perfect for it! Congratulations! WOW,WOW,WOW!!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah!! Gorgeous!! Love the band with the rock!!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! Wanted to give you guys an update on my ring journey. After much thought, I very, VERY reluctantly returned this phenomenal OMC. While in natural light it was very white, I’m often stuck in the worst indoor lighting possible, and the warmth was just bothering me too much. Boy did I enjoy wearing this monster while I had her! On the bright side, it did make me realize what I need in a ring - and now the process begins again. I’ll probably sell my amazing French cut eternity as well since I got it specifically for this ring. Will keep you all updated as I decide on what’s next!

Last edited:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! Wanted to give you guys an update on my ring journey. After much thought, I very, VERY reluctantly returned this phenomenal OMC. While in natural light it was very white, I’m often stuck in the worst indoor lighting possible, and the warmth was just bothering me too much. Boy did I enjoy wearing this monster while I had her! On the bright side, it did make me realize what I need in a ring - and now the process begins again. Will keep you all updated as I decide on what’s next!

Oh wow! Love that ring! It’s such a gorgeous antique stone. Hope you find your dream stone. Are you looking to get another antique stone in high color or a modern cut?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck! Can't wait to see your next stone!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! Love that ring! It’s such a gorgeous antique stone. Hope you find your dream stone. Are you looking to get another antique stone in high color or a modern cut?

I’m swinging back toward modern now. I know it’s not as unique, but I miss my VC Emilya and might want to try one with a big super ideal MRB. The problem is that I just love everything!!! :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m swinging back toward modern now. I know it’s not as unique, but I miss my VC Emilya and might want to try one with a big super ideal MRB. The problem is that I just love everything!!! :D

You don't have your Emilya any more? And I have loved your ring for yeeeeaaarrrrsssss.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I always loved your original VC Emilya, @twosanguinehearts , too! :love:

My current ACA is currently set in VC's cathedral version now! :))

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG, what an OMC! The last few months have been a whirlwind of sorts so I missed this thread the first time around, and although the OMC is beautiful, I can understand your feelings about the warmth (I am a color-sensitive type myself!) and also the journey. You have to follow your heart first and foremost, and sometimes that quest takes some twists and turns. I am glad that you are listening to your gut and going back to modern if that is what speaks to you the loudest and clearest. I too loved your Emilya, and can hardly wait to see what you choose! Keep us posted!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I’m honestly sad to see your OMC go, @twosanguinehearts :((...but the heart wants what the heart wants. It‘ll be exciting to see your next project as I’m sure it‘ll be another stunner:appl::appl:Keep us posted, please!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh I saw this stone (I didn't see the thread when you first got it) and it is TDF!! I know what you mean about lighting though; I got my OEC when I was in TN for a few months, then I went back to my house and my home has yellowish lighting and tan walls and the warmth of my stone shows so much more! :lol: I personally don't mind but it goes to show how your jewelry needs to fit into your daily life. I look forward to seeing what you end up with!!!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh I saw this stone (I didn't see the thread when you first got it) and it is TDF!! I know what you mean about lighting though; I got my OEC when I was in TN for a few months, then I went back to my house and my home has yellowish lighting and tan walls and the warmth of my stone shows so much more! :lol: I personally don't mind but it goes to show how your jewelry needs to fit into your daily life. I look forward to seeing what you end up with!!!

YES!!!! This is exactly it! It honestly looked SO white sometimes, but that doesn’t matter (for me) if I’m not going in those lighting conditions a majority of the time! Glad you’re loving your stone!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi twosanguinehearts! :wavey:
As the owner of an L stone I totally get where you are coming from about it being a "tale of two stones." Sometimes mine seems so white.. in broad daylight and indoor evening light and then sometimes so yellow particularly when it's dusk.
I'm looking forward to seeing where your search is going from here and what you will do with your "old" ring and your awesome french cut band eternity band.
May I ask what size it is?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Wanted to give you guys an update on my ring journey. After much thought, I very, VERY reluctantly returned this phenomenal OMC. While in natural light it was very white, I’m often stuck in the worst indoor lighting possible, and the warmth was just bothering me too much. Boy did I enjoy wearing this monster while I had her! On the bright side, it did make me realize what I need in a ring - and now the process begins again. I’ll probably sell my amazing French cut eternity as well since I got it specifically for this ring. Will keep you all updated as I decide on what’s next!

I totally get it. It is a gorgeous ring but I literally can see where you are coming from...I loved my original L OEC but after I got to know it in all different environments the tint was too much for me. Outdoors it was perfect but indoors was the issue. Still gorgeous but it just depends on one's color tolerance and preference. There is no general right or wrong here only what is right and best for the individual. Kudos on knowing what works best for you. It is a process and many of us are on/were on that journey.

You have amazing taste and I have enjoyed seeing each one of your beautiful diamonds to date. I have no doubt your upgrade will be spectacular and I am looking forward to seeing it on your finger. :love:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh just gorgeous! Sigh..... this girl could only dream to have something so amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results