shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG it’s my OMC!!!! A 6.2 carat dream!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous on your hand!!! Wow a million times over!
Curious how you wear it IRL - do you put it on when you’re leaving the house and take it off at home?

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
what a tremendously sumptuous sizeable old cut diamond!! congrautlations! it is fantastic on your hand! i love that you have made it into the beautiful solitaire that it is!! may it delight and bring you endless joy!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely and you picked a perfect setting. I must say your photography skills are perfection!

MamaBee

Ideal_Rock
Wow! My eyes fell out when I saw that beautiful diamond! It’s incredible! I wish you happiness when you wear that gorgeous ring!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Painfully beautiful. I also didn't vote for the split shank but it's still completely perfect and I think you made an excellent choice.

twosanguinehearts

Shiny_Rock
Painfully beautiful. I also didn't vote for the split shank but it's still completely perfect and I think you made an excellent choice.
@Lykame @LLJsmom - I was so close to choosing the other setting. It turned out that they couldn’t source french cuts in the right color unless I wanted to use modern cut stones. I didn’t want to do that so my decision was made! I figure I can always choose to get her a new dress in the future if I ever change my mind. :lol:

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Hello friends! After three long months, I am excited to finally share my big mama OMC with everyone. :kiss2:

The stone is a 6.21 carat, early 1900s antique cushion. It’s graded GIA N/VS2 with slight fluorescence. There’s no way you’d ever guess it was an N! It faces up extremely bright, and it’s a chunky monkey with large facets and some wonky angles that catch rainbows like crazy! The stone measures 11.79x11.41 - from corner to corner it measures approx 12-12.31.

I have a bunch of pics and videos, so I’ll try to spread them out...

I’ll start with some pro pics by Anup and Lenny at Jogani, who I worked with to complete this amazing ring!

http://instagr.am/p/CFkwaYkBhDx/
This makes me so happy, cruising through IG earlier and saw this, then catching up on PS, boom, there it is.

Beautiful!!!!! The setting is perfect.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Busy for a few days and come back to this eye candy - wowza! This is stunning - I adore the blocky rainbow color that is reflected in your outdoor photos. UGH - the best! I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE the color of this diamond so much. The setting is perfection - I think you made a great choice - she is the star of the show. Congratulations! :clap::clap::clap:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moly, there are no original adjectives this late in this thread, but o-m-g that is amazing! I love the color, the chunky facets , the chameleon rainbow colors...and that setting is just perfect. Perfect! Perfect!
Congrats on such a stunner!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
So intensely beautiful! :love: You must be over the moon! Wear her in good health!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
That is incredible. What a gorgeous unicorn of a stone. No way I'd ever guess it was N.

And the setting is sublime. I love the top and bottom prongs with the sides open.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@Lykame @LLJsmom - I was so close to choosing the other setting. It turned out that they couldn’t source french cuts in the right color unless I wanted to use modern cut stones. I didn’t want to do that so my decision was made! I figure I can always choose to get her a new dress in the future if I ever change my mind. :lol:
Oh, oh, well at least your decision was easily made! I stand by what I said though - this is perfect, that setting is wonderful for this stone, and it's a real bonus that it doesn't spin, too. Not sure I can see you getting her a new dress!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamonds and the Movies – Watchlist (Part 1)
    Diamonds and the Movies – Watchlist (Part 1)
    Something Blue
    Something Blue
    November’s Jewels Of The Weeks
    November’s Jewels Of The Weeks

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.