shape
carat
color
clarity

old mine or vintage step cut?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. More like an ascher with that square shape. Very pretty. What is the carat and color grade?

Before I saw you had chosen I was going to suggest another option to add some variety to your collection is to find a very interesting tinted old cut stone. Very yellow or brown. I’d like something that that some day.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. More like an ascher with that square shape. Very pretty. What is the carat and color grade?

Before I saw you had chosen I was going to suggest another option to add some variety to your collection is to find a very interesting tinted old cut stone. Very yellow or brown. I’d like something that that some day.

It is a J VS 2 and yes it's very square shaped ratio is 1.00 exactly. And yes someday I would love to have a bigger yellow old cut stone. I have a 0.86 ct OEC that is yellow that I bought from Ivy and Rose a couple years back and I adore it.

Editing to add you asked for the ct it's 1.97

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Of course this is just sitting in the model so prongs aren’t in place but I’m pretty excited about this solitaire
IMG_0537.png

Absolutely gorgeous and it's not even finished yet! Will those be tabs prongs?
In any case, I'm sure it will be stunning. Looking forward to seeing it home and on your finger!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous and it's not even finished yet! Will those be tabs prongs?
In any case, I'm sure it will be stunning. Looking forward to seeing it home and on your finger!

Thank you! Yes it looks like tabs but I hadn't asked specifically, the model will be on it's way for me to try on next week, the side view of the ring is really the prettiest part just can't see it in that pic above

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
That Asscher elicits my involuntary "I want that!" noise. (Soft grunt, not very attractive.)
Who is doing this great ring for you? Is it antique?

The asscher is antique but the ring is not, it’s based off a vintage ring though. And thank you for the compliment on the asscher!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love this and can't wait to see it finished!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tab prongs are absolutely the way to go! It’s era appropriate and emphasizes the square corners of the diamond. Love it!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Tab prongs are absolutely the way to go! It’s era appropriate and emphasizes the square corners of the diamond. Love it!

Thank you! What the stone is sitting in for that picture is a silver model of the setting so it will be interesting to see what the tabs look like once the actual setting is complete and the stone is set

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here’s an example of tab prongs from CVB

IMG_1687.jpeg

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
How would you change thw shoulders?

I'm not sure and that is part of the issue. Small side diamonds maybe but I wasn't really wanting that initially.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure and that is part of the issue. Small side diamonds maybe but I wasn't really wanting that initially.

Ok so I hope this doesn't come across as rude but I'm going to say what I see/think. Of course feel free to ignore me!

I feel like the profile on the "head" is modern/pointy, and the side of the shank and shank itself is swoopy and vintage. The two styles clash (to my eye). So personally I'd stick to one type of aesthetic for the whole thing.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I hope this doesn't come across as rude but I'm going to say what I see/think. Of course feel free to ignore me!

I feel like the profile on the "head" is modern/pointy, and the side of the shank and shank itself is swoopy and vintage. The two styles clash (to my eye). So personally I'd stick to one type of aesthetic for the whole thing.

That hadn't occurred to me but I do see what you are pointing out.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
The setting struck me as "meh" but with that Asscher in it, it's lovely. I can't see anything but that diamond.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Personally? I like it as is, maybe add milgrain to the arches on the basket. I love that profile the best.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Personally? I like it as is, maybe add milgrain to the arches on the basket. I love that profile the best.

Yeah I had been ok with the side view since receiving the model and I do like the idea of an engraved solitaire I was just worried about whether the engraved shoulders really fit in well with the rest of it or if I should try to move the shoulders in a different direction.

I hadn't thought about milgrain on the arches but I do like that idea thanks!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you so much for these ideas I am sure that part could easily be altered if I decide to go in that direction!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

I like the one that has the milgrain bar across it wonder if that would work? Just a simple milgrain bar?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one that has the milgrain bar across it wonder if that would work? Just a simple milgrain bar?

I love the milgrain bar! I think it's really elegant

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I love the milgrain bar! I think it's really elegant

Me too, I wonder if just a simple milgrain bar would be best since there is a lot of scroll work on the sides.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results