shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Cut Lovers...... please sign in!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Erica and Grace are great at making people''s dreams come true! I''m talking to Grace right now about one of my dreams!!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
HI everyone
I just wanted to share this lovely. It Is Not Mine
41.gif

But I got to try it on and take some fun pics of it... Alj was there
35.gif

ANywho-- This Pretty has some friends
31.gif
When i have some time I will try to post all the lovely's from that day
30.gif

I don't remember the stats... other than it's an OEC=HUGE and single cuts... and black onyx i think? Prob PLat... and the stone was nice and flashy
I'm not crazy ab the black--- it would be better if it was blue sapp frenchies or something?..but as they say--- I wouldn't kick it out of bed
2.gif

BlinkydollOecFancyFDay1.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 3:26:39 PM
Author: Upgradable
Erica and Grace are great at making people''s dreams come true! I''m talking to Grace right now about one of my dreams!!

OH Upgradable!-- Share you "dream" with us!
30.gif
I love your Old cuts!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yum, yum, yum
18.gif
blinky!! And I''m going to wait to share the dream until I know it''s in process.
27.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that ring is awesome!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
How are you guys getting such great photos? Mine sucks and and makes my stone look dirty and poorly cut and it''s not.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 6:14:17 PM
Author: Sizzle
How are you guys getting such great photos? Mine sucks and and makes my stone look dirty and poorly cut and it's not.

Sizzle, your stone looks cool--nice chunky facets! Are you using the macro function on your camera? I like to shoot stones in diffused natural light--like sunlight streaming in my living room window. I also have fun with a fluorescent light table--I have a nice sized one.

A great place to capture fire is under a shady tree. Try experimenting with different light sources and see what you can capture. HTH!

(my least favorite light source for shooting diamonds is incandescent.)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Blinky-that ring is awesome!!

Vix

Shiny_Rock
You all have been very very busy since I got hit with the flu + making up for having the flu...what else can I say but
30.gif
and THANK YOU?!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I think I got some decent photos now! Probably need to ultrasonic it though
7.gif

sizzleoec10.JPG

stevepheng

Rough_Rock
Simply Stunning!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Sizzle, that''s a gorgeous diamond!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blinky - wow, that diamond packs a punch! it''s gorgeous!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sizzle - your diamond is so full of romance, i love the facets and the colors it is throwing off!

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
This is one of diamond stud earrings. It came from an engagement ring from either my grandmother or great-grandmother. It is about .50ct and E-F in color, VS1. This little oec throws color and fire around like no ones business. This pic was taken at night, so obviously no sunlight to show those qualities off. The other mate to this stud is a round brilliant cut.

These old stones are mesmerizing and I am enamored with them ALL!! I frequent JEBG just to dream.
30.gif

oec.earring.jpg

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
This is both of the studs together. You can see the difference in cuts; the oec being the bottom stud, of course.

both.studs..jpg

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 9:24:00 AM
Author: rainydaze
Sizzle - your diamond is so full of romance, i love the facets and the colors it is throwing off!
Thank you, that''s what draws me in. I never thought I''d fall in love with an antique stone, I WAS a princess girl, but now I have.. and now I want a BIGGER one!!!! I wonder if Whiteflash can get one in for a trade up!

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
For all those old miner''s cut lovers I saw a HUGE 3.2 L color, SI 1 9.6 x 8.57 for $15k in the diamond district today. It was super sparkly, and it said "Old miner''s cut" on the GIA cert. First one i have ever seen and it was beautiful! I have already found my diamond but I was seriously considering this one. If anyone is interested I can send you the dealer''s contact info!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooo.........

L is my favorite color, omc is my favorite cut, and HONKIN'' is my favorite size!!!!!! It didn''t happen to have UPPY engraved on the girdle, did it??

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
Haha, didn''t study the girdle long enough to see if it was engraved! I thought it was a beautiful stone though.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful tradergirl! Can''t wait to see pictures on your hand!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Trader, I love that one. I was thinking about it for awhile after I saw it. It has such a rich, historic look. And the price was great, too. Can you possibly put up some hand shots when you get it?
1.gif

GG414

Rough_Rock
Hi
This thread and a visit to Single Stone has officially converted me. The OMC/antique cushion is definitely my favorite, especially in an art deco setting. Currently in the process of looking at e-rings and saving the funds for one. Hopefully I will have one soon(ish). Any advice on the best color to go with if I want a setting that incorporates sapphires? I posted this question here, but thought I might bring it to the attention of you fellow old cut lovers.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. I really fell for it too. I love that shape for a ring. This has got to be it for awhile now, I think that's piece no. 4 from JBEG. I also find their prices to be very real world which doesn't help my resolve not to buy. I need to stop even looking at the site. But they email me! I have no will power.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying to learn more about french cut diamonds--
does anyone have any links to more info on them?
year they were created? etc
thank you so much.
35.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
also-- this thread was moved? I couldn''t find it

32.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was looking for it this morning-didn''t it used to be stickied?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results