shape
carat
color
clarity

okay...to settle the colorless vs the near colorless topic...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:37:07 AM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 3/29/2006 12:33:22 AM
Author: teagreen

Alj, normally I think your posts are really on point, direct, and sensible - which is why I don''t understand why you don''t get me here.
Because your example doesn''t remove the status element. It''s not pure. I don''t know to make that resonate for you.

Anyway, it''s not really important....especially at this late hour. Let''s just call it a day; come have a slice of pie with us!
But neither does yours! I thought we agreed that you can''t get rid of that no matter what. Why would having the size and $ element lead to a more on point answer than taking that completely out of the question? This I really don''t get and I don''t think you''ve explained it yet.

Sure I''ll have pie. Maybe if you explain the above I will stop trying to hammer it in w/o fun pie analogies.

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:37:38 AM
Author: decodelighted
HA HA HA HA HA! I needed this laugh! (Especially since *spoiler* AI was kinda ''meh'')

Things I''ve Learned In This Thread
1. I am a *gasp* ''value shopper'' (do not speak of it in polite company please, the shame!)
2. Circular logic is neither ''circular'' nor ''logical'', discuss...
3. Lemon Pie is both mystical *and* delicious
4. Daniel''s Gramma makes a fine pie her ownself and DO NOT DISS THE GRAMMA!
5. ''Mentally disabled'' is more politically correct than ''retarded''
6. It''s hard to breathe with Caff-free Diet Coke spewing out my nostrils
LMAO
9.gif

That about sums it up!
And yes, thou shalt not diss the Gramma
9.gif

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:40:55 AM

Date: 3/29/2006 12:37:38 AM

6. It''s hard to breathe with Caff-free Diet Coke spewing out my nostrils
ANOTHER reason that lemon pie is really the only pie for discriminating palates......Diet coke does NOT pair well with straw. shortcake or any other pie!
DARE I say DIET PEPSI is the ONLY acceptable soda while enjoying fresh pie???

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:41:01 AM

Alj, normally I think your posts are really on point, direct, and sensible - which is why I don''t understand why you don''t get me here.
Because your example doesn''t remove the status element. It''s not pure. I don''t know to make that resonate for you.

Anyway, it''s not really important....especially at this late hour. Let''s just call it a day; come have a slice of pie with us!
But neither does yours! I thought we agreed that you can''t get rid of that no matter what. Why would having the size and $ element lead to a more on point answer than taking that completely out of the question? This I really don''t get and I don''t think you''ve explained it yet.

Sure I''ll have pie. Maybe if you explain the above I will stop trying to hammer it in w/o fun pie analogies.
I have explained it....repeatedly. I''m out of ways to make it make sense. Let''s just deem it "unreconcilable" points of view and let it rest. Like a good pie dough.
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Teagreen,
To answer your earnest question. Logically, I thought the best posing of this question was the "If diamonds were scattered around like pebbles, none more valuable or rare than the next ... which tone of stone would be attracted to aestetically"

In that situation, my eye is not drawn to white/white/whitest of whites ... I prefer a hint of a silvery undertone, more "dialed in" look of a bit of depth of tone. Probably between F-I, depending on my eyes, and the neighboring "rocks".

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:45:52 AM

Date: 3/29/2006 12:41:01 AM

I have explained it....repeatedly. I''m out of ways to make it make sense. Let''s just deem it ''unreconcilable'' points of view and let it rest. Like a good pie dough.
2.gif

Someone in your scenario could still choose a D for status reasons, no?

I would like to stop, but I can''t...due to my professional training and obsessive tendencies...

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:50:08 AM
Teagreen,
To answer your earnest question. Logically, I thought the best posing of this question was the ''If diamonds were scattered around like pebbles, none more valuable or rare than the next ... which tone of stone would be attracted to aestetically''

In that situation, my eye is not drawn to white/white/whitest of whites ... I prefer a hint of a silvery undertone, more ''dialed in'' look of a bit of depth of tone. Probably between F-I, depending on my eyes, and the neighboring ''rocks''.
Cool..I get that. And honestly, I could see myself preferring F-G too, if I found the right one.
Your scenario makes sense to me because they''re all the same value...it''s not like you could sell a D to get a bigger F or cash instead.
Thanks for answering
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:50:09 AM

I would like to stop, but I can''t...due to my professional training and obsessive tendencies...

Well, then I will.....because it''s late and well past time for slumber.
1.gif
(And no, in my scenario, they couldn''t choose the D for status reasons.)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:40:55 AM
Author: Mara

deco you spoiler whore, AI was MEH? i haven''t seen it yet!! THANKS. no brownie for you.

Ooopsie-doodles.
31.gif
I don''t eat brownies anymore anyway - now that I''ve experienced the superior freshing power of Lemon.
12.gif

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:53:37 AM

Date: 3/29/2006 12:50:09 AM

Well, then I will.....because it''s late and well past time for slumber.
1.gif
(And no, in my scenario, they couldn''t choose the D for status reasons.)
Your original formulation was: "You will be given a 2 ct. D-colored Tiffany ring for free. You can either keep it and wear it, or you can use it toward another stone. What would you do?"

let''s see...I like F''s better but I''m going to keep the D instead of exchanging it for an F so people will think I spent more money - and this is the biggest size I can get in a D color. Or: I would rather have a 2.5c J than a 2c D, but instead of trading it in, I''ll keep the D because other people might think the J isn''t white enough (just an example, I don''t know how these costs compare).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
teagreen
let me ask you some Q''s...

how long have you been on PS?
do you know Alj is the greatest debater of our time?
do you know her career record? 101-1
6.gif
36.gif

do you know who''s the only person to defeat Alj in a debate?
31.gif

let me tell ya....Alj will knock you out in the first round. i can''t stand the sight of blood
38.gif
14.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks a lot guys, you know what you have got me craving?????? And I have the ingredients available?????

LEMON PIE! It is my most favourite pie ever
41.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
AWW Lorelei, then you are bringing it over right?! with REAL whipped cream!!!
5.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2006 1:50:13 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks a lot guys, you know what you have got me craving?????? And I have the ingredients available?????

LEMON PIE! It is my most favourite pie ever
41.gif
hey brit GF
35.gif

can you make me a banana cream pie?
18.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem Mara - I make a scrumtiddly one with real lemons, not a pie mix!!! And meringue on top! Whipped cream? No problem! DF my American BF I can make you my lovely banoffee pie with caramel sauce and toasted pecans if you like!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 10:54:55 PM
As I said, it''s beyond me how to make it any clearer. You''re missing the essence, so let''s just agree to disagree.
1.gif

On a side note, I''m now convinced from this circular discussion that you must be related to DF. This is eerily like the I/O thread.
2.gif
Oh my Gosh - I''m catching up the next day to the oddest of all PS threads. And, you hit the nat on the head. Yep, mind meld on PS.

At the end of the day if money was taken out of the equation - which is TOTALLY in a vaccum & not realistic - I''d look at both stones & pick the one that is pleasing to my eye in all lights. Period. I wouldn''t give a rat''s butt what color it was.

As an aside, money was not an object in my case - I was given a HEFTY sum to spend towards my ring. I viewed a D early on - didn''t like it - looked like glass. Too bright. Too clear lacking a certain contrast of dance of light. Don''t know if I was reacting to the D or that it was a diamond that lacked personality. Money played a factor in *MY* decision as I didn''t think the quantative value of the higher color was equal to the money spent.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
O.K. - Who is the retailer of this pie? Does it carry the panache & premium?
2.gif
Because I really don''t like pie - but would love it more if it came from a premire bakery.
2.gif
- because then, I am *supposed* to love it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a relief that this debate it finally and equivocally settled!
2.gif
No more confusion as folks now understand that this issue leads one to getting their just desserts?
41.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2006 10:29:14 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

What a relief that this debate it finally and equivocally settled!
2.gif
No more confusion as folks now understand that this issue leads one to getting their just desserts?
41.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
Oh Sharon.....groan!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It just proves that colour preference isn't pie in the sky after all
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please can someone explain what " Meh" means please?
12.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:25:31 AM
Author: Mara

Al isn''t popular, well unless you count the number of times people report her posts per month.
Ain''t THAT the truth - I''m laughing my head off here!
9.gif

Missed this one last night.

Gosh, you''d almost think someone was *prompting* all those reports, wouldn''t ya?
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 10:42:57 AM
Please can someone explain what '' Meh'' means please?
12.gif

Meh was a term littlelysser used in the American Idol thread referring to contestants who were alright, but nothing spectacular or really worth mentioning.. Just Okay or MEH..
1.gif

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
if only because this hijacked thread has become so enjoyable, let me say
1) i adore D color diamonds and wouldn''t buy anything less, regardless of the size, because to me size (of diamonds!) really doesn''t matter.
2) i hate lemon pie
3) would anyone consider chocolate pie as an alternative?
4) cool whip rocks, as does real whipped cream, mostly cuz it''s WHIPPED.

ok. that''s it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2006 11:44:20 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 3/29/2006 10:42:57 AM
Please can someone explain what '' Meh'' means please?
12.gif

Meh was a term littlelysser used in the American Idol thread referring to contestants who were alright, but nothing spectacular or really worth mentioning.. Just Okay or MEH..
1.gif

Thanks Mrssalvo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results