shape
carat
color
clarity

okay...to settle the colorless vs the near colorless topic...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
question for the near colorless owners.
35.gif
if you walk into Tiff & Co and given a FREE 2 ct of your choice with the cut quality being equal,would you still pick a near colorless stone over a D color? come on....be honest
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes actually i think i would choose an H stone, maybe a G but it may be too white for me. even my old H was kind of too white for me sometimes. but for me the H is a sweet spot.

also remember tiff doesn''t carry anything over I!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
blue
red

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Blue! *sigh* I love the light/medium blue diamonds, the T&Co at home had a really lovely three stone pear ring with the center a blue diamond.
30.gif

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
I''d take the D...honestly!

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
as i stated in the previous thread, I do prefer the warmth of a I-J diamond. I think it gives a richness of color and looks much less like a CZ as well. JMHO. so, yes, I would go for a G-H-I at Tiff. I wouldn't consider a D-E-F unless they had a better cut.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2006 8:03:43 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
question for the near colorless owners.
35.gif
if you walk into Tiff & Co and given a FREE 2 ct of your choice with the cut quality being equal,would you still pick a near colorless stone over a D color? come on....be honest
31.gif

I''d pick the "D" ... but ONLY because it has a higher resale value. And then I''d sell it. I love my current e-ring and would rather have even 1/2 the retail $$ than a random extra 2ct D solitare.
9.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I was going to get a FREE 2 carat stone with excellent cut, of course I''d pick the D. Just because that makes sense. Would I pay for a D? No way, no day.

I really love my G color stone - I wouldn''t consider paying for a higher color but if someone was going to give me a free stone, I''d take the best they had to offer.
11.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d take and f/g with med blue fluor..

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
If it was free I would certainly pick the "D". It is more valuable after all so why not? In real life I am quite content with my "F".

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2006 9:00:04 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
If I was going to get a FREE 2 carat stone with excellent cut, of course I''d pick the D. Just because that makes sense. Would I pay for a D? No way, no day.

I really love my G color stone - I wouldn''t consider paying for a higher color but if someone was going to give me a free stone, I''d take the best they had to offer.
11.gif

yep....if i had to pay for it.a G-H would do,but FREE? i''ll take a D color.just being honest.
28.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2006 9:44:20 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

11.gif

yep....if i had to pay for it.a G-H would do,but FREE? i''ll take a D color.just being honest.
28.gif
Me three.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
To me it depends on the shape. I have an oval that''s H in color and I love it. I do like sharper shapes like princess and marquise in D - G. In an RB (if I didn''t have to pay for it) gimmee a G!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I''m on both sides of the fence, own a colorless F princess (but the appraiser said it was closer to an E) and a G (colorless to my eyes!) WF ACA round but a free 2ct. from Tiffany''s? I would go DDDDD all the way!

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
yup. D all the way - but then again, i''m ok with paying for a D color diamond, too - as long as the cut is excellent.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
No question about it, I would take the D (of course, I'm not a near colorless owner, I have an F colored stone).

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
...but, they''re not free........more along the lines....IF I WAS A RICH MAN.....even then, i''d hate to blow my hard earned money on a D. and, that, is the truth. now, a G? probably that......but, i''m not a rich man. i''m probably gonna settle for a royal asscher, J. ....lol....i hope i haven''t ''hijacked'' a ...''thread''....

ron...

Small

Brilliant_Rock

11.gif

Ditto...exactly that. I have a D and now a G. I love them both but would not pay for the high premium of a D...but free...I''d have to take it
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good question... 'would you prefer to get a big gift or a small one, no questions asked'
31.gif

Looks like the answer is darn obvious and has absolutely nothing to do with diamond grades
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it''s free - it''s a D!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I agree- if I could get a 2 ct D for free, then that is what I would get!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would take the D every time.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Of course, I''d pick the D if it was free.......it''s a no brainer. I had an F, then D, then J now E so I have a colorless stone. If I had to PAY for the D and not the J, I''d go for the J. A diamond is a diamond to me and I live in small town Indiana. No one here knows about diamonds or color etc. No one has made any comments except for SIZE so I am the only one who knows what kind of treasure I have in my 1ct E Ideal cut stone.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I see this question along the same lines as "Would you take the bag o'' money with 10,000 in it or the bag with $20,000 in it?" Who wouldn''t take the D? Me, I''d take the D. Sell it & buy something that represented better value TO ME. Pocket the difference - and maybe even upgrade to a 3 carat.
2.gif

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
Free and everthing equal except color...D.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I would pick a D.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d pick the D, hock it, and then pocket the money for an ideal-cut 3-4 carat H, I, or J stone!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well hmm i didnt think of selling it. if i could resale it then i''d go the D route too sell it via signed pieces (tee hee) and then buy a 4c I or J ideal cut stone as well!

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
I have a question.

I''ve read most of the responses here and while everyone would take the D if it were free, there are only a few of us who would actually pay for the D. I''m one of them, but that''s not my question.

I''ve seen a few comments about how '' no one can tell the difference'' or ''people don''t ask about the color anyway'' or things like that - do we buy and wear diamonds for OTHER people? or for ourselves?

so isn''t it, truely, what makes each individual happy?
I, personally, don''t care if people look at my ring and say ''oh, gee..that''s nice'' as long as I love it, who cares?

will people know I have a D color diamond - no, probably not. but i know. do they know if it''s a vvs or an si? no, again, probably not. but i know. and isn''t that what the bottom line is?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results