shape
carat
color
clarity

okay...to settle the colorless vs the near colorless topic...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry Daniel, not interested!
2.gif

EVERYONE knows Lemon Pie is the BEST FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER!

mmmm free Lemon Pie.
18.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 11:38:58 PM
Author: decodelighted

Wellllllll. I AM allergic to lemon extract. And it does create full body seizures, lack of fluid control and enormous pus-filled welts over 90% of my body. But ... the mystical thing??? Hit me with the LEMON, Sista!
Fine....but don''t you think we should send it by an outside baking inspector first? I don''t want you WHINING if it has yaw.

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Mara--Lemon pie is so.....uh.......B-O-R-I-N-G
11.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH
MY
GOD!

Boring? Lemon Pie? Sacrilege! EVERYONE loves Lemon Pie!!!! Well if they were smart they''d love Lemon Pie! Everyone else just *thinks* they want Strawberry Shortcake. Get with the program!
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 11:48:14 PM
Author: Mara
OH
MY
GOD!

Boring? Lemon Pie? Sacrilege! EVERYONE loves Lemon Pie!!!! Well if they were smart they''d love Lemon Pie! Everyone else just *thinks* they want Strawberry Shortcake. Get with the program!
2.gif
Shhhhhhhhh. Don''t embarass him.

(he doesn''t really think it''s boring, he just can''t afford DECENT lemon pie. Of course, he could if he was willing to be happy with one small morsel instead of a whole slice, but really exciting lemon pie is very exclusive and pricey.)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 11:41:34 PM
Author: Daniel B
I just tried the best pie of my life yesterday...ok, let me explain it (gramma''s recipe) it was pistashio pie filling (made by jello) with Kiwi slices on top with cool whip and sliced almonds on top in a grahm cracker crust, it reminds me of summer but DAMN was it good!--you guys should try it
3.gif
yeah..those pistashio pies really do well on the yummiscope. triple vh (very healthy) it must be because of the kiwi slices on top. lemon pies don''t score as well (lack of kiwi slices?)...but DAMN they''re good!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is SO. NOT. MYSTICAL.
20.gif

Keep eatin'' that Kiwi, Daniel B. - *cough* fool *cough*
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 11:52:25 PM
Author: belle

Date: 3/28/2006 11:41:34 PM
I just tried the best pie of my life yesterday...ok, let me explain it (gramma''s recipe) it was pistashio pie filling (made by jello) with Kiwi slices on top with cool whip and sliced almonds on top in a grahm cracker crust, it reminds me of summer but DAMN was it good!--you guys should try it
3.gif
yeah..those pistashio pies really do well on the yummiscope. triple vh (very healthy) it must be because of the kiwi slices on top. lemon pies don''t score as well (lack of kiwi slices?)...but DAMN they''re good!
What I don''t like about the kiwi pies is the DARK pattern of the lines in the kiwis. It makes them look - I dunno - DARK? Not enough contrast between the black pattern and seed areas and the GREEN flesh of the kiwi.

Nah - lemon is the ONLY pie for discriminating palates.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I can't send Deco a slice of Kiwi pie - it's got Cool Whip on it. Everyone knows that people prefer real cream on the pie. Of course, it is more pricey, but if you can afford a whole slice with cool whip, you can just buy a smaller slice with real cream.

I'm sure it couldn't be that some people actually prefer Cool Whip to real cream (yanno, the lactose intolerant and those who just grew up liking Cool Whip better). Even *they* secretly want real cream.

Anyway - one lemon slice on the way, Deco.

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Are you guys putting down Grammas recipe
29.gif

3.gif

ITS GOOD!! Lemon pie is a dime a dozen, her pie takes thought and imagination, unlike....a hem...

Step 1: open 2 year old can of lemon filling

Step 2: put in crust

Step 3: ~ barf~

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm al....quite possibly the kiwi pie''s crust angle is too shallow, which would explain the DARKNESS visible to you in the kiwi pie.

just another reason why LEMON PIE IS THE BEST!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:07:11 AM
Are you guys putting down Grammas recipe
29.gif

3.gif
No.....solemnly not.

You make an excellent point - that not every has to want real cream to enjoy the pie, and some people actually PREFER cool whip.

I''m sure it''s a lovely pie! Enjoy.

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone seen a more derailed thread in all the internet?
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
teagreen
35.gif

you ain''t gonna win this argument.
38.gif
when Alj gets involve
23.gif
i usually go hide in my little cave.
7.gif

i was trying to get G-J owners to admit they''re value shoppers not b/c they prefer a little warmth in the stone. i think G-H color are the best value ,but if someone was to offer me a "same specs" D color stone for the same money,heck yeah...i''ll take the D
31.gif
even though it may look like a CZ.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you mean some people PREFER cool whip? That''s SO cheap! What kind of taste is that? They just don''t want to spend the money buying REAL CREAM. Come on!

Daniel, believe it or not, we ARE still on topic.
2.gif

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:13:25 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
teagreen
35.gif

you ain''t gonna win this argument.
38.gif
when Alj gets involve
23.gif
i usually go hide in my little cave.
7.gif

i was trying to get G-J owners to admit they''re value shoppers not b/c they prefer a little warmth in the stone. i think G-H color are the best value ,but if someone was to offer me a ''same specs'' D color stone for the same money,heck yeah...i''ll take the D
31.gif
even though it may look like a CZ.
9.gif
DF, sadly, I know. I feel like I''m in 7th grade again where popularity trumps merit.

Pie-lovers: for the record, I never stated that people must prefer lemon pie or real cream. I was simply trying to help DF accurately frame the question.

Mara, I''m interested to hear what you really think about Alj and my discussion (I know you would prefer H no matter what and I think that is a completely valid purely taste-based preference).

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perhaps we should rephrase the question. I''ll take a stab at it.

"Why wouldn''t ANYONE with a tongue vastly prefer LEMON PIE and/or are they mentally disabled?"

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:13:36 AM
Author: Mara
What do you mean some people PREFER cool whip? That''s SO cheap! What kind of taste is that? They just don''t want to spend the money buying REAL CREAM. Come on!

Daniel, believe it or not, we ARE still on topic.
2.gif
ok, ok, we''re cheap, but its made with love
30.gif
and lite cool whip--- Not thrown together like some cheap ghetto lemon pie
31.gif
9.gif
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
TG, it has nothing to do with popularity. Mara and I disagree - publicly! - about stuff all the time. Same with Belle. None of us blindly force behind the other if we have differing opinions.

It's likely that we all get the point being made, hence the agreement.

Incidentally, why is Mara's picking the J a more valid example than my picking the H blindly? Is that a "popularity" smear too? Of course not.

Please, we're all adults here....and trying to lighten up the discussion. I happen to feel that there IS merit on the end I'm on.....but again, follow your own way. Fine by me.

You're trying to help DF frame the question. I believe that your framing is flawed and suggested an alternative. We just disagree, and there is no way for the minds to meet. No sweat....happens all the time.

It's not personal that we disagree, so please don't start going there.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
teagreen....you are mistaken! Al isn''t popular, well unless you count the number of times people report her posts per month.
9.gif
so popularity vs merit has no bearing here.

and honestly, i wasn''t following the conversation between you two, i was distracted by LEMON PIE!
5.gif

the fact that this conversation disintegrated into lots of lemon-flavored fun to me just shows that this question (and the other ones posed by me and others later in the thread) JUST DONT HAVE ONE RIGHT ANSWER!!! we could all go in circles all day and night long.

lemon pie, strawberry shortcake, cool whip, whipped cream, D or J....it''s all good.

Oh and Deco? I am DYING....literally rolling on the floor DYING laughing. anyone with a tongue!!!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:23:00 AM
Author: aljdewey
It''s likely that we all get the point being made.

I''m not 100% sure about that. Dan seems pretty into his Gramma''s pie! (Which by the way - is sounding pretty good to this avowed Lemon Lover)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey lemon pie ain''t ghetto!! it''s RARIFIED and MYSTICAL.

seriously pie sounds really darn good right about now.
39.gif
brownies?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:25:40 AM

It's likely that we all get the point being made.

I'm not 100% sure about that. Dan seems pretty into his Gramma's pie! (Which by the way - is sounding pretty good to this avowed Lemon Lover)
OK - upon receipt, SEND BACK THE DECODER RING, BRUTUS!

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
TG, it has nothing to do with popularity. Mara and I disagree - publicly! - about stuff all the time. Same with Belle. None of us blindly force behind the other if we have differing opinions.

It''s likely that we all get the point being made. You see it differently, and that''s fine.

Incidentally, why is Mara''s picking the J a more valid example than my picking the H blindly? Is that a ''popularity'' smear too? Of course not.
Again: if you prefer the H, of course it''s valid. But as some people have plainly said early on in this thread, they would trade color for size or $ - which is why having that option does not get at the heart of the issue of AESTHETIC preference. Taking away that option does - right? Only if you take away the option to trade in/resell can you get rid of size v. color, size v. $ considerations and talk plainly about aesthetics - isn''t that the point?

We''re not disagreeing on the fact that there is no one answer! Some people may truly prefer warmer colors, and some have stated that they pick them for value. We''re disagreeing on what is the right Q to ask.

The reason I brought up the popularity thing is that I simply believe that the scenario I posed is the most logical one to ask DF''s question - and I was noticing that Mara, who seems to me often very logical, did not comment on it (and you two are friends, which is cool).

Alj, normally I think your posts are really on point, direct, and sensible - which is why I don''t understand why you don''t get me here.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:33:22 AM
Author: teagreen

Alj, normally I think your posts are really on point, direct, and sensible - which is why I don''t understand why you don''t get me here.
Because your example doesn''t remove the status element. It''s not pure. I don''t know to make that resonate for you.

Anyway, it''s not really important....especially at this late hour. Let''s just call it a day; come have a slice of pie with us!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA HA HA HA HA! I needed this laugh! (Especially since *spoiler* AI was kinda "meh")

Things I''ve Learned In This Thread
1. I am a *gasp* "value shopper" (do not speak of it in polite company please, the shame!)
2. Circular logic is neither "circular" nor "logical", discuss...
3. Lemon Pie is both mystical *and* delicious
4. Daniel''s Gramma makes a fine pie her ownself and DO NOT DISS THE GRAMMA!
5. "Mentally disabled" is more politically correct than "retarded"
6. It''s hard to breathe with Caff-free Diet Coke spewing out my nostrils

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
teagreen, honestly i just was tired of the whole thing!! it's evident to me there is no right way to ask the question and it seems like no one is hearing anyone else.

but we all listen when it comes to PIE. and real cream.
18.gif

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:25:40 AM

It''s likely that we all get the point being made.

I''m not 100% sure about that. Dan seems pretty into his Gramma''s pie! (Which by the way - is sounding pretty good to this avowed Lemon Lover)
I told you, it will tempt any palate, come to the light--Mara is evil
11.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 12:37:38 AM

6. It''s hard to breathe with Caff-free Diet Coke spewing out my nostrils
ANOTHER reason that lemon pie is really the only pie for discriminating palates......Diet coke does NOT pair well with straw. shortcake or any other pie!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
alright i admit it...

yes i am an agent of satan...but my duties are largely ceremonial.

lemon...lemon...

deco i wanna live in your head for a day. it'd be fascinating. and you spoiler whore, AI was MEH? i haven't seen it yet!! THANKS. no brownie for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results