shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC set in James Meyer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 2:48:31 PM
Author: GoodSoul
It''s such a BEAUTY!! Can''t get enough of it. Pls do post more pictures. The stone and the ring are both absolutely beautiful.

Hope you don''t mind me asking, do you think by the bezel setting has affected the OEC performance? I know there Coati and some others had threads on this but would like to know your experience. Thanks!
thank you GoodSoul!

i don''t mind at all, ask away! as a matter of fact, that was probably my biggest fear when i decided upon this setting. i asked jeff (averbook, my appraiser) if he thought this stone would be affected by a bezel and he didn''t think so. he couldn''t give me a definitive though so i just had to jump in and have hope.... i was actually a little terrified to look at the ring when it arrived (and DH presented it to me) and discover some of the fire and brilliance missing. if possible, the diamond is even MORE amazing than when it was loose! i can say with certainty that this stone lost NOTHING of its light performance with this setting. that, plus the way in which the design compliments the stone so perfectly, and i could not be any more overjoyed with it!

i don''t know if this makes any difference as i am not an expert, but the design of the setting is open underneath so maybe light does get to it from there ''keeping it real'' so-to-speak.
3.gif
or maybe it''s all the cut of this OEC. je ne sais pas!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 3:25:39 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

YUm!

cheers--Sharon
hehe, thank you canuk-gal!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 3:45:54 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Beautiful diamond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you Freke!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 4:25:22 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
Stunning, simple, elegant!
thanks NEU!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 4:37:56 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Sigh...I LOVE it! It''s gorgeous!
1.gif
why thank you Zoe!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 9:10:48 AM
Author: all.of.the.above
OMG! I am in LOVE!!
30.gif
Congrats on such a PERFECT ring!

may I ask...what size is your finger?
ack! i was so afraid i would miss someone in my replies... i''m sorry! thank you all.of!

my finger size is 6.25

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in love
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It''s stunning!

lonelyhusband

Rough_Rock
WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! you are a so fortunate for having a husband that would buy you such a gorgeous ring!
28.gif

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Oh rainydaze - that is seriously gorgeous! I bet you can''t stop looking at your hand every few minutes, right? Wow, very beautiful. Congrats!
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning!! Absolutely gorgeous!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you bee* and mochi!

hello dear
3.gif

thanks ButterBean! if you and i crossed paths in the street we would bump into each other!
1.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring! The diamond looks wonderful and the whole thing is stunning! I am getting a JM soon I hope. He has my sapphire but I don''t think he has started working on my setting yet.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
It's wonderful Rainy!!
30.gif
36.gif

My warmest congrats !

This has me even more excited than before to see my JM, he said he was starting on it yesterady, yip!!
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats it is stunning - a perfect home for your beautiful OEC :)

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
18.gif
I think my next diamond will be an OEC - I am sold!

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Thank you Rainy! No need to be sorry.
2.gif

It truly is just beautiful.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT! The setting, the stone...perfection! Congrats on your stunning ring!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 3:49:40 PM
Author: rainydaze
Date: 3/30/2009 8:48:40 AM

Author: mercoledi

Really, really lovely!

Where did you source your stone? It has such a lovely flowery facet pattern!

thank you mercoledi!

the stone is from Old World Diamonds (oldworlddiamonds.com). i worked with adam, who was very patient and had a great eye.

i hope you don''t mind... here is a pic showing the ''flower'' a bit.... it is so hard to capture the details and then some of it is lost when you reduce the file size!

Do I mind? Yes, actually, I do mind that you only posted one more picture! (If you load them into the gallery, you can post larger kb images) (hint, hint)

It''s really gorgeous, can I come play with it in the sun?
10.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 4:49:02 PM
Author: rainydaze
Date: 3/30/2009 2:48:31 PM

Author: GoodSoul

It''s such a BEAUTY!! Can''t get enough of it. Pls do post more pictures. The stone and the ring are both absolutely beautiful.

Hope you don''t mind me asking, do you think by the bezel setting has affected the OEC performance? I know there Coati and some others had threads on this but would like to know your experience. Thanks!

thank you GoodSoul!

i don''t mind at all, ask away! as a matter of fact, that was probably my biggest fear when i decided upon this setting. i asked jeff (averbook, my appraiser) if he thought this stone would be affected by a bezel and he didn''t think so. he couldn''t give me a definitive though so i just had to jump in and have hope.... i was actually a little terrified to look at the ring when it arrived (and DH presented it to me) and discover some of the fire and brilliance missing. if possible, the diamond is even MORE amazing than when it was loose! i can say with certainty that this stone lost NOTHING of its light performance with this setting. that, plus the way in which the design compliments the stone so perfectly, and i could not be any more overjoyed with it!

i don''t know if this makes any difference as i am not an expert, but the design of the setting is open underneath so maybe light does get to it from there ''keeping it real'' so-to-speak.
3.gif
or maybe it''s all the cut of this OEC. je ne sais pas!

Thanks for your confirmation! I will note on the underneath open design! It''s really gorgeous! Do post more pictures please!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! I love everything about it! Congrats!!
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 11:52:50 PM
Author: Cind11
I love your ring! The diamond looks wonderful and the whole thing is stunning! I am getting a JM soon I hope. He has my sapphire but I don''t think he has started working on my setting yet.
thanks Cind! i can''t wait to see your JM, you will love it!

arjuna - woo hoo!!!!! your ring is going to be breathtaking.... i can''t wait for it to be done already!!
3.gif

thank you Deelight, aquasea (love your name!), Tacori and Burk!

mercoledi - sure, come on over! as a matter of fact, i just got done playing with it in the sun myself sooooo.... i think i might have some more pics for ya! i didn''t know that about the gallery.... i will check that out. hey, is that your peacock in your avatar? years ago my best friend had peacocks on her roof for a few days. they were amazing, so beautiful. i think another neighbor had them, and they got away.

GoodSoul, you''re welcome! thanks again, and i have some fire shots coming up!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hot damn i caught me some fire!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a little bleu

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a little rouge

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
fire is fun!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one! thanks all for looking, and letting me share!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Swooooony! The more I see this gorgeous setting, the more tempted I am to reset my grandmother's OEC in it.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Rainy, this ring is just gorgeous!!! That stone is unbelievable, and the setting is divine!!! Enjoy it!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results