shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's just the lace leaf miniature variety of Japanese maples that are like that. Fortunately they are small. I have other Japanese Maples that are the big non-lace leaf kind and they drop their leaves just fine.

Mine are still on the tree. Every other tree is naked. I’ll take a pic of it when I get back to Pa. Tomorrow morning I’ll check out the dwarf one here. I’m curious what I have now.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We also had several Japanese maples in our last garden, and they just shed their leaves and came back in full colour the following year. They even survived Colin ‘pruning’ them one year, till I told him to leave them alone :lol:

It does sound like your Mum has a full calendar @canuk-gal, she’s really making the most of her move, and good for her! Oy to a gum problem, it never rains but it pours when things go wrong.

Glad the fly problem has all been cleared up @MamaBee, and thank you for your kind words. I was very determined not to be a Monster-in-law, and certainly struck lucky with Kim because she’s just so easy to get along with. We do have fun when we go out shopping, and it’s lovely to go with another female. Have you been asked for advice regarding the diamond upgrade?

I’ll bet you’re counting down the days @marcy until you retire, not long now, it’s hard to believe it’s already December. Hopefully, once you’ve retired your B P may not be such a problem, and it’ll be good that you’ll have the time for medical appts to get it all sorted out. I don’t want to brag, but it was 72 degs F here today :mrgreen:

Oh my goodness, just look at those two cute furry purries under the tree @missy, the picture of innocence. I hope the cleaning went went and wasn’t too painful today, and you managed to get out and ride afterwards.

We had a busy day today, Kim came with us to the pool people and we’ve tied everything up, including adding a single burner to the outdoor kitchen, oh well, it’s only money :lol:

I spent the afternoon helping Kim wrap presents for under the tree, and even managed to squeeze on several more baubles, so it’s fully loaded now.

Adam and Kim have had to go to a meeting, so we went to pick Bertie up, first time I’ve driven here in the dark, and the neighbourhood looks so pretty, so many houses are already decorated for Christmas.

Tomorrow, I have to go to pick up my number plates, (my Christmas present from Adam). I rang the company to be told they’ve been at the DPS since 5th November, but of course, they hadn’t bothered to let me know. I had to make an appointment to collect them for tomorrow, and the place is miles away. Kim’s going to come with me, as I’ve no idea where it is, but we have to leave early. I rang the garage about my temporary plates, as they’re due to expire soon, and they’ve been told there’s an additional 70 day delay for them :shock: The guy said it was the best thing to do to get personalised plates.

How on earth is it Friday again tomorrow?

Sending big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina She doesn’t have much choice because my son bought her diamond from her very close family friend’s jewelry store. I can’t start spouting off angles..not that I would know what I was talking about..haha I would have given her the cheat sheet though. I‘m just going to be quiet and ooh and ahh over whatever they get..Her present diamond is just gorgeous. It’s an F so very white. It sparkles like crazy. Hopefully she’ll get one just as pretty..but larger. She did ask me how much mine cost..They basically needed paddles to come to..so they are going smaller than mine...She has a 1.5 carat one now. She didn’t even want to wear an engagement ring everyday when they first got married. Now she wants an upgrade.. :lol: I think they’re going to look between 2-2.5 carats this time. They can afford to get whatever they want but they don’t want to go crazy..They just put over fifty thousand into their back yard. I wouldn’t do that willingly. They had invasive bamboo back there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!

Yesterday was splendid. We enjoyed a wonderful cycling day. Really gorgeous weather in the high 50s maybe hit 60F and despite the low sun it felt glorious as it was mild out. Sigh that might be it for us though for cycling but we shall see. Greg is ever the optimist and feels there will be more cycling days this year. Not anytime soon. Winter is back and snow is in our forecast.

@marcy glad you are feeling OK despite the medical mysteries and hope it gets cleared up soon.
Woohoo retirement is around the corner.

@MamaBee fingers crossed for good results. I am glad you feel like you are here with us. I wish you were! Enjoy your time in Maryland and I am sure S will test negative and you can go back to PA soon.

@rainwood ahh thanks. LOL my fault completely as I misunderstood. You explained it perfectly.

@Austina I am glad the neighborhood looks so pretty at night. Love the holiday season and the decorations. Makes everything sparkle. Good luck picking up the plates.

@canuk-gal I am with you. I hate the dark and how early it gets dark now. How lovely your sister pampered your mom and that has to be a huge relief for you knowing she is being well taken care of while you are recuperating.

@bling_dream19 happy friYAY!

@Slick1 yay it's friYAY and the weekend is almost here.

@mrs-b I know you are happy and with your loved ones and sending you warm hugs and happy holiday wishes.

Hi to everyone else. Big hugs.
LOL I had my periodontal cleaning yesterday AM and she said I have the cleanest mouth of any of her patients. If she only knew...:lol:

Have a happy FriYAY and be well and enjoy.

Leaving you with a photo from yesterday. We had the place all to ourselves. :)

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 6.58.23 AM.png

Pythagorus sends his love to all. ;-)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY!
@missy glad you clothing items are working for you! Mine haven't arrived yet :(( but believe me I'm not hurting for clothes lol. I soo miss the JS! It is so nice you have it to yourself. I love the quiet season at the shore.
@MamaBee that is exciting your DIL is getting a new diamond! I haven't really been cooking and freezing lately. I've needed a little break lol. Today we will eat the black bean soup that I cook and froze a while ago. I can't wait to start making eggnog and cheesecake! I'll probably make a batch of meatballs - they go into a sauce of ketchup and grape jelly and a dash of Worcestshire sauce and they are nostalgic and soo good!
@Austina your tree is gorgeous and you seem so happy with your new life! I am thrilled for you and your family! That's exciting you got everything appraised and of coarse they love Bella, Marilyn and your pink sapphire!
@marcy your home looks soo festive - I love it! Very exciting about your retirement:)
Nirdi shout out and love and hugs to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYay lovelies

Yes, probably the wisest thing to do @MamaBee. I’m sure they’ll get something beautiful and your DIL will be thrilled. Have fun with your grandchildren while they’re out diamond shopping.

Yum, eggnog @bling_dream19 and cheesecake, come to think of it, an eggnog cheesecake sounds absolutely delicious :lickout: :mrgreen: I hope your clothes turn up and are keepers.

Oh no to snow @missy, I just can‘t believe the weather here, it’s 75 degs F today. Back in the UK they’re having horrendous weather, which makes us even happier we’re here. Hopefully you’ll get better weather soon, and be able to get out and cycle again. Great news that you got a clean bill of health, or a clean mouth award at your cleaning :bigsmile:

So we went to the tax office this morning to collect my plates. I don’t understand why on earth they have appt times when they have no hope of ever keeping to them. We got there and waited about 30-40minutes after my appt time. We got the plates, but I can’t put them on the car because they’re unable to issue the tags because they’ve got such a backlog. When the original plates eventually come, I then have to go back to get the new plates registered :doh: Why on earth these things can’t be done on line, I have no idea. It took less than 5 minutes to get my plate off my car when I was selling it, and get a new number assigned, all done on line, and the new paperwork arrived in 2 days. I did ask if I needed to contact the dealer for another temporary plate, but was told no. I think I’ll do it just in case, although apparently the Police aren’t stopping people with expired plates because they know about the backlog.

Adam & Kim went out to get Kim some new diving equipment, so we popped out to get a few things. When I was out with Kim the other day, she saw a jumper she really liked but didn’t buy it, so we went and got it for her, then went to HEB for a few things and to fill up the car.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are looking forward to a peaceful weekend, take care :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@bling_dream19 aww well all mine haven't arrived yet...tis the season for delayed deliveries. It's the delayed med deliveries that upset me and the clothing not so much. Most of my sleeveless turtleneck tanks came in woohoo but still waiting for the navy one and my blue suede SW boots arrived last week and I love them. They have a lug sole and blocky low heel.

@Austina oy sorry for the long wait at MV and also that you couldn't get everything at once. The pandemic is really affecting everything. No snow yet. We might try cycling today but it will be a high of 47 and no sun. No sun is the big challenge. We shall see. How nice you are going to surprise Kim with that jumper. So sweet.

@canuk-gal how are you feeling? Thinking of you.

@Slick1 enjoy the weekend.

We had a good hike yesterday at a new place. The trail was moderate difficulty and because of all the fallen leaves we couldn't see the tree roots making it slow going and more challenging than usual. I was being very deliberate with where I stepped. It was a bit scary but I was glad we had done it. Some pics. Warning I went a little photo crazy because it was insanely gorgeous there and I am capturing the last of autumn. Hope you enjoy my photos.

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 6.26.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 6.27.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 6.26.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 6.26.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 6.26.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 6.27.05 AM.png

Hi to everyone else and hope all are enjoying a splendid weekend. A little over two weeks left of autumn...winter is almost here but then we begin to see more daylight so hold on just a few more weeks. In the meantime enjoy, be well and be happy. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For Caturday Saturday I am sharing a photo of Pepsi. One of our ferals for several years now. She is looking good.

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 6.35.18 AM.png

Love you Pepsi!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls…Happy Saturday!
@missy Your photos are gorgeous…Fall is my favorite time of year. It’s very soothing and peaceful for me. I really love when there’s a bite in the air…and I’m home warm and cozy. I hope you get a few more cycling days in.
Tree roots on the ground under the leaves are a little scary. Leaves in general are slippery. We have old brick on our street…It’s a historic district..The bricks are not smooth. When we get leaves on them it’s very slippery. I’m a klutz so I walk very carefully. There are tree roots that come up through the brick too. When you live in a historic district they don’t want to disturb the brick. In the meantime we can break our bones walking on it.
Pepsi looks very healthy! You and Greg are like the Doctor Dolittles of kitties. I love how you care for them.

I had a bad night of insomnia. I think I slept two fitful hours. I have to drive to Northern Virginia this morning. It’s a terrible drive. I drive everywhere..but the trip up and back is very stressful for me. If you make one wrong turn it’s a disaster. The highways merge into each other. I have either have to get all the way to the left or right without enough time to get there considering the traffic. Going home I always get lost..I wind up driving through DC which I don’t want to do. I used to use both my car and phone GPS but they fight with each other so I turn one off now. I never know which way it’s going to take me.

I made blueberry muffin bread for the boys. I hope it’s okay. I’m not a baker but I’ve been baking for the boys occasionally. Their uncle..her brother..is a fabulous baker and cook. He makes them blueberry muffins which they love. I messed up by forgetting the salt. I had already put the batter in the loaf pan when I realized my error. I scraped it out of the pan into a bowl and added the salt..Then I poured it back into a clean loaf pan. The trouble with that was I used a flour and Pam spray so some of it got mixed in the batter when I scraped it out of the pan. Then I added the spray to the new loaf pan. I thought of you Missy because this was one of my I Love Lucy moments. Haha

Hi to everyone else. I have to light a fire under David.
Hugs

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

Apparently Winter is here--and NO ONE asked my permission!! Ugh. Oh well we had a good run of it. Some snow, over ice, and more snow on the way. DH went out for groceries and brought home 4 chocolate bars and a bag of chips. Excellent :lickout: considering I don't eat either.

@missy keep up the good outdoor exercise!!! And Pepsi is a cutie patootie. Ok it is getting dark here (4:40 pm) and I am mad. LOL:lol-2:

@MamaBee getting lost is no fun and neither are 5 converging lanes of traffic. Safe travels!!!!

@Austina your trip for plates sounded like a Monty Python sketch; "Deliberate waste of time". No wonder they are behind--so much red tape!!! Nice Kim could take you--do both Adam and Kim work from home?

@marcy --for sure you must now be counting sleeps!!!

@Slick1 did you get your sweet pooch something special for Christmas? If it is clothing--you MUST post! Well, just post pics of him anyway.:appl:

I might spend time tomorrow wrapping gifts. Not that I buy anything, but little things need shiny paper. Maybe it is time to compost my Halloween pumpkin that's sitting under the tree.

Keep well and safe folks.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Sunday!

@canuk-gal yes Pepsi is a cutie for sure. And LOL same! No winter for me if I get to choose. LOL. Boo to snow and especially ice. The only ice I like is the ice in my drinks. Ugh to ice and be careful on the ice Sharon. Hope your recovery is going well and yes to chocolate please. Yummmm.

@MamaBee I hear you on driving and getting lost and not enjoying big highways and merges etc. I have a friend who absolutely refuses to drive on the highways. Drives her dh nuts LOL but I guess after 35 years of marriage he is used to it by now. I cannot read maps and it used to drive Greg nuts but with time he understood that it just wasn't possible for me to read them. I just cannot and now he gets it and hasn't bothered me about reading maps for 20 years so whew. It's a relief. I mean sometimes we just cannot do something no matter how hard we try or want to.

But I went off on quite the tangent sorry. I am sorry you had trouble sleeping the other night. I get that too as you know. Lately I have been waking every two hours mainly now because I have two additional things I need to take in the middle of the night so I am always waking to check the time. Not a good way to get a good nights sleep so I cannot do this forever. Nope no way. I keep thinking of what @rainwood said. There's the easy way, the hard way and then the you know who way. :lol: I hope you slept better last night. from one I Love Lucy to the other. I feel you, I get you. At times I am you. :lol:

@Slick1 happy Sunday and enjoy.

@bling_dream19 hope your weekend is going well and you are having fun whatever you're doing.

@marcy the countdown has begun woohoo! Hope you are enoying your weekend and soon every day will be a weekend. Or as HRH Francesca used to say...what's a weekend? :lol:

@Austina hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend and Colin is feeling 100% better.

Hi to everyone else.
We had a great cycling day yesterday.
No sun with temps in the high 40s so considerably colder than two days ago when we last rode but the wind was calm and that made all the difference. We might be cycling again today we shall see. Chilly but with a light wind again though again no sun. Brrrrrr. But we like to make the most of it while we can because there is NO cycling once the temps go below freezing. Even I cannot handle that and you know I am a die hard cyclist.

OK enough of that. Hope everyone reading has a lovely Sunday. Be well, enjoy and see you soon. XOXO.

Sorry I only took two photos yesterday as I was cold and kept my mittens on most of the day.

In Asbury the sky was sort of cool so a quick photo as we were cycling past.

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 6.22.07 AM.png

And a rest stop on the empty boardwalk. Have I mentioned how much I love having no one else around? Though happily we still run into our friends as we cycle and that is always fun. We saw Y yesterday and had a lovely chat with her.

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 6.24.59 AM.png

Enjoy a happy Sunday lovely ladies. XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday!
I got lost again coming back from my son and daughter-in-law’s house yesterday. My husband said just take 395N and bypass whatever the gps tells you to do before that. Once you get on 395 your gps will get you home. Nope! It took me into DC…It was a nightmare…The streets were blocked off by the Capitol police..The traffic was trying to squeeze into two lanes with tons of cars disregarding the lines. I even heard cars bumping each other like you see at an amusement park. I finally got home…I was beyond stressed. I poured a huge glass of wine and got into my pjs without taking a shower..hahaha I’m a rebel…I went to bed like that at 9 when David went to bed.
I watched the boys so they could look at an upgrade for my DIL’s diamond. When I got there she took my ring again and started waving it around. She’s so funny. My son walked in and said thanks mom..now she’ll think a 2-2.5 is too small..Hahaha I couldn’t believe that they picked a diamond out from a line up without checking the certs. They were there only an hour. They traded the 1.5 F SI1 in for a 2.72 G SI1. So..much bigger than what they planned. I’m sure my son is ticked at me..hahahaha I can’t wait to see it. She gets it next week. They were able to use the same setting..It‘s a custom ring with matching wedding band and anniversary ring. I’m glad she’s able to keep it. I’ll see it at Christmas.
@missy I’m happy you got a cycling day in!
@canuk-gal Your mom’s place sounds wonderful. My mom’s place is more like a hospital. They’re all wonderful so no complaints. They got rid of her stage four bedsore after a wound doctor said it wasn’t possible. The wound nurse took it on as her mission. ❤️
@marcy You must be beside yourself smiling that your retirement is so close. You will go out high…No one will do your job like you did..
@Austina That was so nice of you to buy that jumper for Kim. I’m sure you made her feel special. Was she surprised?
DMV is terrible. They aren’t very organized..That’s great that Adam bought you the plates for your birthday.
@bling_dream19 I know that recipe for meatballs. My friend used to make them all the time for appetizers. They’re yummy. I’m waiting for my instapot. My first thing on my list to make is chicken soup. I’m craving some with this cold weather.
@mrs-b Still thinking about you..I hope you are having the best time in LA.
@junebug @Calliecake @Slick1 @springerspaniel and everyone else…I hope you are enjoying the weekend!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Monday!

@MamaBee glad you arrived home safely after you adventures. Sounds like a beautiful upgrade for your DIL. You are a great influence. Do you think she'd allow a photo at Christmas of the ring? I would (and I am sure all the girls here would) love to see it. :kiss2:

@sarahb how are you? 19 days left til... Christmas the time is flying. Hope everything is going smoothly and everyone is doing well.

@canuk-gal how are you feeling? Thinking of you.

@Slick1 have a good week at school, soon it will be vacation time.

@bling_dream19 happy Monday, have a great day.

@marcy hope you enjoyed a lovely weekend and are feeling well.

@springerspaniel how are you? Any updates? THinking good thoughts for you.

Hi to everyone else. We got to cycle again yesterday but it was a good bit colder than the previous day. Today is our last cycling day for the week. We have snow and chilly chilly temps coming. So we are hoping to cycle today in between the prediction of rain. It poured overnight. I was awake (what else is new lol) at 1AM when the downpours started. Sounds so pretty but of course I am always concerned we might lose power. So far so good. More thunderstorms predicted later.

It was too cold to take photos as we were cyling yesterday so instead will leave you with our good friend's dogs.

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 6.09.53 AM.png

Presenting Isaac Newton and Denzel Washington.

Enjoy a wonderful day lovely ladies. XOXO.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
NIRDI SHOUT OUT!

I've been MIA the last couple of weeks, so where to begin....

We've been in & out of vet appointments for our dear Jack, helping him & keeping watch over him, such an emotional time to see him so ill.

He was in rough shape, & the prognosis a slippery slope & not in his favor. Liver nodules, enlarged lymph nodes, pancreatic cyst, IBD, weight loss, and on & on.

Without going into all the (many) details, when you got down the crux of it, we didn't have many choices, & of the choices we had, we didn't like either of them. The best option for him, was for us to say good-by, which we did this last weekend. A gift of mercy I keep trying to tell myself. 2 weeks short of his 17th birthday. He had a great life, & a long one at that.

When I saw Missy's Tough Choices post this morning, I totally could add this as my toughest choice to the thread. It was a true gut punch & we are simply devastated. Knowing it was coming, but actually going through it are two different things, as many of you who have been there know.

We all know time will heal, as we've been through this with Pepsi & King, and of course, childhood dogs. But it's still so raw, & so devastating.

I'm still reading & watching as you know @missy, am 'here' even though I don't post all the time. Thank you for always including me, it is so appreciated.

In time, I know we will get through this & come out the other side....but for now, it's still just so dang hard.

My best to the NIRDI gang, good to read about everything/everyone & it seems as though everyone is happy & living good lives, onward we go. :)
XOXO

68966652_10155960121376618_2318636832025214976_n.jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpeg IMG_1446.jpeg IMG_0044.jpeg 21151356_10154489047556618_4405172846626432643_n.jpg 21191940_10154489048156618_6510873157718600560_n.jpg 21105662_10154489048161618_2917797602575867242_n.jpg 23637_346531706617_7562030_n-1.jpg
tempImageMPYmjg.png
Pepsi, King & Jack, aka The 3 Musketeer's, or The Greeting Committee <3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
NIRDI SHOUT OUT!

I've been MIA the last couple of weeks, so where to begin....

We've been in & out of vet appointments for our dear Jack, helping him & keeping watch over him, such an emotional time to see him so ill.

He was in rough shape, & the prognosis a slippery slope & not in his favor. Liver nodules, enlarged lymph nodes, pancreatic cyst, IBD, weight loss, and on & on.

Without going into all the (many) details, when you got down the crux of it, we didn't have many choices, & of the choices we had, we didn't like either of them. The best option for him, was for us to say good-by, which we did this last weekend. A gift of mercy I keep trying to tell myself. 2 weeks short of his 17th birthday. He had a great life, & a long one at that.

When I saw Missy's Tough Choices post this morning, I totally could add this as my toughest choice to the thread. It was a true gut punch & we are simply devastated. Knowing it was coming, but actually going through it are two different things, as many of you who have been there know.

We all know time will heal, as we've been through this with Pepsi & King, and of course, childhood dogs. But it's still so raw, & so devastating.

I'm still reading & watching as you know @missy, am 'here' even though I don't post all the time. Thank you for always including me, it is so appreciated.

In time, I know we will get through this & come out the other side....but for now, it's still just so dang hard.

My best to the NIRDI gang, good to read about everything/everyone & it seems as though everyone is happy & living good lives, onward we go. :)
XOXO

68966652_10155960121376618_2318636832025214976_n.jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpeg IMG_1446.jpeg IMG_0044.jpeg 21151356_10154489047556618_4405172846626432643_n.jpg 21191940_10154489048156618_6510873157718600560_n.jpg 21105662_10154489048161618_2917797602575867242_n.jpg 23637_346531706617_7562030_n-1.jpg
tempImageMPYmjg.png
Pepsi, King & Jack, aka The 3 Musketeer's, or The Greeting Committee <3

@sarahb I‘m so sorry to hear Jack has passed on. It‘s heart crushing to lose a pet. My Bailey passed away on July 1st. All pet parents know this pain….It’s not something you would wish on your worst enemy. He was loved and lived his best life with you..❤️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@sarahb how my heart breaks for the loss of your sweet munchkin, Jack. You'll love him always. Healing vibes across the miles.

kind regards--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @sarahb I am so very sorry for your loss. :(
My heart goes out to you and your family.
Jack knew how much he was loved and adored as he loved and adored all of you.
You did the right thing by Jack and you gave him the greatest gift of all. Peace from the pain.
Sending you lots of gentle hugs and love.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!

Coldest temps of the year today and overnight. BRRRRRRRRRR. I did absolutely nothing. I planned to hit Safeway but it is discount Tuesday tomorrow so I waited. Might be a dumb idea since it will be busy! eyiyiyi I really only want some small poinsettias anyway.

@MamaBee I hope your DIL loves her new ring--it will be quite a change!!!

@missy you guys have done really well in the cycling department. Congrats!

Nothing to report. Stay safe and well folks!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@MamaBee I thought of you today because I dug out my sapphire Danielle band to wear with my ring. I am so glad your ruby band inspired me to try that. You never know until you get a ring on your finger if you like it or not. The more I think about it the more frustrated I am with my doctor situation. 5 months in and I still don’t know what’s going on with my blood? Grr. I agree it would be nice to know what triggered your reaction so it doesn’t happen again. Sounds like you DH will have an adjustment retiring next month. Hopefully he finds he loves it. I think I’ll be quite content. How exciting for Scott and Allie to be upgrading her diamond, sounds like a big jump in size. Shopping for jewelry is pretty much my favorite hobby! Oh no to a night of insomnia especially when you have to drive in heavy traffic. Marty does okay with heavy traffic but I get nervous about it. Mmm to blueberry muffins. Sorry you had problems getting home.

@canuk-gal I agree about it getting dark at 5 - I leave work at 4:30 and the sun is already set by then; my vision is not the best in low contrast twilight. Then my drive in is awful because the sun is right on the horizon and pretty much blinds me at time. Oh no for cutting your gum on a cracker - glad you got it checked and got some gel to help. Good deal the swelling is going down. That is awesome your mom has so many activities to do; makes life way more pleasant and interesting. My last EKG was 15 years ago so I guess if they find anything they can probably get access to it. The doctor didn’t seem to think my murmur was that bad - the PA thought it was awful. I need to wrap some gifts too. Our tree needs a few packages. Stay safe from the snow and ice.

@Austina Kim does sound like a lovely DIL and that is great you enjoy each other’s company. My in-laws are a bit snooty for me but I do get along with them. My FIL is a total hoot when he is on his 3rd cocktail. My BP seems a bit better with the larger dosage pills; I am rather frustrated I still know nothing about my blood and kind of thought I’d at least be getting a referral by now if it needs further testing. I may find another doctor. I would say bragging isn’t pretty (ha ha) but we were near 70 the other day as well - sadly today we were in the 20’s. My warmest parka is too big now so it wasn’t quite as warm. Glad you are enjoying the weather there. I have a smaller size I’ll see if it fits me yet. Nice to get personalized plates, I keep meaning to get Curby but haven’t turned in the request yet. Sounds like you are having a total hassle though getting tags; I know Colorado has the same issue of a backlog trying to get plates and tags out in time.

@missy glad you are still putting miles on your bike. I know you understand medical mysteries and the frustration of trying to get answers. Yay for a clean mouth! I hope your new clothes show up soon, mine arrived this weekend. Nice to get some warm clothes that fit me. Love all the golden trees but I bet walking through those leaves can be challenging - definitely requires being careful. Hi cute Pepsi! We are definitely map reader twins - I cannot read a map to save my life and if Marty relies on me to look something up it is almost an instant bout of tension - he has learned not to ask. If I am going somewhere I need directions I look them up first - print out directions so I’m good to go. I don’t even like using the nav system. Sorry you have to wake up so much at night - I know I am thrilled if I sleep for more than 3 hours at once.

@bling_dream19 I have to admit your meatball sauce intrigues me - I might have to try that. I have a few pieces of cheesecake left from Thanksgiving so we each had a piece this weekend. I am making mini cheesecakes for the family Christmas. Do you make Christmas cookies? I’m only baking 2 kinds this year so I won’t be tempted to eat so many cookies. Don’t want my loose coat to fit again.

@sarahb big hugs to you, I am so sorry to hear about Jack. That is so hard.

It was cold here today and I definitely didn't dress warm enough for work. I did some training with the gal who will be taking over my team. I took in a big tote bag and brought home some stuff to start clearing out my double cube. I have way too much stuff at work. My little gym downstairs has magnetic boards so I brought home my favorite magnets and the 2 Snoopy flags I had at work.

It was a rather surreal moment today to print out my retirement letter, sign it and turn it in. My boss was dealing with more issues so we didn't even talk when I turned it in. I thought we had the 23rd off in addition to the 24th but I was wrong - it's the 27th. I am not working the following week and I guess now I'll work through the 23rd. I'll have 6 weeks of vacation coming on my last check too. Woo hoo!!!! Big check. Since Marty is on vacation from his day job the last 2 weeks of the year I told him well if it's snowy that week he can drive me to work and pick me up - his response was no way am I driving Miss Daisy. Ha Ha.

Speaking of ha ha - Marty left his camera setting on the coffee table yesterday when he went to the gym - so I took out of focus and off center pictures on it of some of my teddy bears and stuffed puppy. Two of the bears were "mooning" him too. I can't wait until he finds them. As long as I crack myself up that is all that matters.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Yesterday didn't go as planned. We were one mile from the house and the steering mechanism broke on the bike.

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 7.24.27 AM.png

I mean it didn't owe us a thing after literally over 40,000 miles of cycling on this bike lol.
Unfortunately this isn't something Greg can fix without a part. Not something we have an extra of either.

We managed to get home safely (thank goodness we were close to home) and Greg was able to order the right parts finally after a few calls (no easy feat as only one company makes them and they are out of stock on many parts right now) and we overnighted it so hopefully it will be in today. It was an expensive part lol. But of course it is worth it.

After that (mis)adventure we went hiking and it was a nice but hectic day. And very warm. I had to take off my coat during the hike. Try hiking with a coat in your arms lol.

@sarahb you remain in my thoughts and sending continued gentle hugs to you. You made the toughest choice of all but the kindest and best choice for Jack. You behaved selflessly thinking only of him. {{{Hugs}}}.

@springerspaniel hope you are having a good week.

@marcy OMG same. If I sleep 3 hours in a row I am overjoyed. Last night, once again, up at 1AM til 4AM and then up at 5AM for good. Ugh what a way to sleep right? Glad your clothes have arrived already. Most of mine arrived yesterday. Still waiting for a coat and for one of the sleeveless tunic turtleneck tops that have not yet arrived. My new winter cycling pants came yesterday. How ironic since we cannot cycle for a while LOL. And haha yes we love cracking up over our own jokes and mischievous actions haha. I always say if we didnt laugh at our jokes who would? :)

@canuk-gal brrrr I was cold reading your post haha. And yes our cold weather is here now and tomorrow some snow is in the forecast. Hope you manage to get the poinsettias on sale today. And hope you are feeling much better with each day and your recovery is going smoothly.

@Slick1 hope you are enjoying a good week and hugs to Bear.

@bling_dream19 good morning, hope you have a wonderful day.

@Austina hope you are having a good week.

@MamaBee how are you? What is happening? How is S? Hope all is well.

Hi to everyone else. Today is COLD. We are going to hike.
Tomorrow seeing our endocrinologist so not looking forward to that long drive to and back.
And that's it for us.

Have a wonderful day girls. Big hugs.

I only took one photo yesterday after our hike as we were heading back to the car.

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 7.23.34 AM.png

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi guys, thank you so much for your kindness & love, it is so appreciated. I saw @MamaBee 's post below mine yesterday right after I had posted, & the tears started, so didn't visit PS for the rest of the day yesterday. It comes & goes, but am better this morning. We talked about it again last night, with the clarity that looking back can only provide. I think once you are past the highly emotional event, your mind begins to settle & your intellectual side begins to process, & one begins to feel the balance taking over.

@bling_dream19 I need to ask about this recipe for meat balls with grape jelly! I'm very intrigued!

@marcy , Yes, it is surreal to retire. As much as I absolutely loved my work, it was very strange to hang it up. Just think of all the things you'll enjoy doing with your time! I was thinking, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to get a second opinion? I'm a bit jaded as a couple of critical diagnosis's of mine were found by pure luck it seemed. I hope you can get some answers!

@missy, How fortunate you weren't miles & miles away from home! I'd say you've had your moneys worth at 40k miles!

@canuk-gal Hi there, hope you are doing well & staying warm. We have only a light dusting of snow right now, so far so good.

@MamaBee Yes, pet parents do know the pain. & it is so hard to explain to those who don't have pets. Crazy how those fur-baby's become such a integral part of the daily rhythm of family life

@springerspaniel Aww, thanks so much. Your fur baby is so handsome. Hope your week is progressing nicely & you get good news re your job.

@Austina I bet you are enjoying that temperate Texas weather! Such a change for you both...yes, DMV's have a reputation for inefficiency no matter where you are!

@Slick1 Every time I see your Bear, he reminds me of my Jack. Keep posting pics, I just love seeing him, he is a sweetie!

Hello to everyone else! Wishing everyone great week & please love on your fur baby's a bit extra for me....off to get my workout done,
XOXO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’ll be back later, but just wanted to say @sarahb how very sorry I am to hear about your little boy. Even though we know it’s the right thing to do, the best and kindest thing, it still hurts so much. More than 2 years have passed since we had to make the decision to end Dottie’s suffering, but it still feels very raw. Please take comfort from knowing he had the best possible life with you, and you did everything you could for him, especially when it came to making the hardest decision of all.

5E4CDDE9-49A3-402E-A79D-924D61EBCE23.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout!
@sarahb I'm so sorry for your loss. Your sweetheart is so cute and I know you gave him a good life. For the delicious meatballs @marcy too and everyone - make your own meatballs or buy frozen and then put in the crockpot - I add a jar of TJs grape jelly and TJs ketchup with a couple of dashes of worcestshire sauce and let it cook get hot and bubbly and they are just so delicious on a cold day! Perfect for parties - but a crockpot is slow lol so just give plenty of time for them to get hot. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/247372/ninabells-appetizer-meatballs/
@marcy I probably won't make Christmas cookies - the eggnog and a cheesecake will probably do it. I do love this time of year! Your home looks so warm and inviting. And I'm giggling too over your hubby finding pictures of your bears mooning him :lol: :lol-2:
@missy I got some clothes in! Most are not working but I have a few items in the maybe pile lol. I don't need a lot just a few sweaters that work with leggings :D I'm glad to hear you and Greg were ok despite the bike malfunction. Sending you big hugs and enjoyment of the holiday season :bigsmile:
Love and hugs to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I don’t know where the time is going, it’s flying by!

Oh no @missy, thank goodness you weren’t any further away from home and were able to get back relatively easily. Good job Greg is such a handyman and will be able to fix it when the part comes. As you say, not bad going for 40,000 miles of wear, I think you’ve had your money’s worth!

Beautiful pictures of your lovely boy @sarahb, treasured memories of all the good times in his long life with you.

Glad there were some keepers @bling_dream19, hopefully they’ll work with what you have to expand your wardrobe. Do you have any more bling projects in the works?

You must tell us how Marty reacted when he finds the photo of your mooning bears @marcy. I’m so sorry to hear that it’s taking so long for them to sort out your bloods and get things under control. It must’ve felt liberating getting your retirement letter in, and woohoo, to the big cheque coming your way. Maybe some retirement ‘bling’ in the offing?

I hope Safeway wasn’t too busy today @canuk-gal and you managed to get some Poinsettia, I’ve never managed to keep them alive longer than New Years.

Poor you @MamaBee getting lost, I’m still finding my way around here, and definitely not looking forward to having to go back to the Tax Office to sort my plates out. I won’t ask Kim to take me again, she’s so busy, so we’ll just have to find our way, and hope Google Maps does a good job getting us there and back. Sounds like Allie got quite the upgrade, hopefully she’ll let you post a pic or two when it arrives. I’m keeping the jumper for Kim until Christmas, so she has something to unwrap on the day.

I hope you and the pups are doing well @springerspaniel.

We took Bertie to the dog park on Saturday afternoon while they were at the party, and it was actually a little too warm for him to run around much. The water supply was off, so I had to cart a gigantic bowl to the drinking fountain and back to fill up, and the moment I got back to the enclosed area, I was surrounded by dogs desperate for a drink :mrgreen:

On Sunday morning, Adam and I went to Costco. We have bought them a Roomba i8 for Christmas, and seeing how well it works, decided to get one for ourselves. We got there just before 10am, and the car park was heaving. When we went in, we went straight to the area where they’d been earlier in the week, and there were none there. We asked, and they’d moved them because they only had a few left, so we were lucky to get one, as they were such a good deal.

Yesterday, Colin and I went up to the house, there are a few small things that have happened since last week, the soil for the drip field has been delivered, and we noticed some more electrical wiring had been installed to the sockets in the kitchen. No sign of the spray foam, and they don’t know when that’s happening.

We all went for PCR tests this morning, I can’t remember if I mentioned that we’re going to the Bahamas for a week on Friday? We feel confident that their Covid protocol is good, so hopefully none of us test positive or the trip’s off. We’re all packed, but knowing Adam, he’ll pack on Thursday night, he leaves everything till the last minute!

Bright and sunny here, but definitely cooler than of late.

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sarahb -

I've been MIA for a while now, too, but just saw about your dear little Jack.

I'm so very sorry, but I know he had a wonderful life and left this life knowing he was safe and adored. Thank you for having the strength to know when to end his discomfort - it's the last act of kindness we can give our animals.

Sending you many hugs. Run free and fast, darling Jack. <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is going to be lame and brief - and all I can do is apologize.

I was meant to do my more permanent move out to California today - but ended up coming out 8 days earlier due to a bit of a family emergency out here. I'm all moved in and settled now, but hurt my back again about 4 days ago. So I'm hobbling, wincing a lot, and swearing into thin air on a regular basis.

Wendy arrives next Wednesday, so that will be wonderful. The townhouse looks great and we've finished our few decorations. I did Boston thoroughly before I left, but am not doing a whole lot here - one large tree in the living room, a small one on the dining table, fairy lights, a 'Merry Christmas!' banner over the entrance arch, a few wreaths - and that's it. It's very pretty, tho, and I like it. I'm just waiting for my new tree skirt to arrive, and will start wrapping gifts.

About to head off to the dentist for a much needed cleaning, then am having lunch with Nathaniel (my god-son).

Limp...limp...limp...

Love and belated greetings to you all!

<3

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone,

I started this post in the morning, but had to change the salutation to just Hello (from Good Morning), its a slow day over here.... :)

@Austina Thank you -- every single word of your post resonated. When I see your avatar I often wonder how you are doing w out your dear Dottie, am so sorry for your loss as well. DH is having an especially tough time, well we both are to be honest. The house without jack just feels so different. Am focusing on how fortunate we were to have had him and for so long--he could've easily gone home with another family. XOXO

@bling_dream19, Thank you for posting that recipe. It seems like a perfect dish for company etc, & one that you can basically plug in & forget about it. I just can't wrap my head around combining grape jelly & ketchup!

@missy You are very lucky Greg is handy, you'll be back on the road in no time as long as the weather cooperates, thankful it didn't happen mid summer! I don't like the cold either, so outdoor activity is not happening at least this week. The temps look a bit more moderate next coming up (mid 30's-low 40's) vs 28 today. Yuk. Maybe you'll be able to get back in the chair next week?

@MamaBee Your descriptions of the driving conditions/congestion would intimidate the heck out of me as well, so sorry re getting lost. I recall many years ago taking a wrong turn in Chicago after a Cubs game & ending up totally lost, this was before navigation GPS etc--kinda scary if you're not used to the traffic & driving conditions.

@mrs-b , thank you for your kind words <3. He was quite the wonder dog, & is missed. I envision he, King & Pepsi on top of the Ranger Station platform (swing set) ruling the back yard. Sounds like you've made great progress getting packed, moved, unpacked & moved in, no small feat that's for sure. Sorry to hear your back is talking to you, hope things will settle as you relax now that all that work is behind you.

@Canuck-gal , even though the dreaded winter is here, I just hope its not too bad for you right now. How are you feeling, better I hope?

@marcy , you're in count down mode--not too long now!! What will be your celebratory event? Dinner out for sure and maybe some bling to cap it all off? It wasn't retirement per say, but I did buy myself a 20 year watch. Any excuse....

Hi to everyone else, it's an overcast cloudy sky here, typical winter weather in this neck of the woods, & of course, cold. Hope everyone has a good rest of the week & be safe out there!
XOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Forgive me for a brief post. I’m tired and just wanted to say hello.

@Austina jealous of your warm weather! Enjoy your trip. You deserve it ❤️ XOXO

@sarahb same weather here at the moment. And our bike is all fixed Woohoo. But not riding this week probably. Too cold. Hugs to you. I’m keeping you in my thoughts. HUGS.

@mrs-b I’m sorry about your back and hipe healing is rapid. Good luck with the dentist. Big (((hugs))) and enjoy your loved ones.

@MamaBee big hugs. Everything is going to be AOK. I know it.

@bling_dream19 happy holidays and big hugs. My cycling pants came today. Woohoo they fit.
HUGS.

@Slick1 hope all is going smoothly. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you’re enjoying a lovely day.
We saw our endocrinologist this morning. He’s a doll. We got nice dr j today lol. He was super agreeable and did all my requested tests. Including writing for two different 24 hour urine tests. Not fun to take but necessary. Unfortunately the bleeding continues and with the urine tests not sure if I can do it with bleeding so will have to find out about that.

We went to Costco (@Austina haha we love Costco) and picked up meds from the pharmacy. What an exciting life lol.

Love you girls. Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday afternoon and evening. XOXO ❤️

4DC4A2FD-E043-482C-9948-30DC8487FD78.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results