shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to Costco yesterday :kiss2: :appl: I love their jewelry and have lots of their pieces that are just fabulous! I love when things go on sale too :bigsmile:
They go on sale!? :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s an adventure when we go to Costco! First stop..jewelry! Hahaha

Hahahaha that’s where I ended up :lol:
Terrible photos sorry but I wasn’t planning on sharing :)

B60DA8C4-6DD1-4D1E-B2D3-7087E500C263.jpeg 097A1ABC-802E-4AEE-B042-AB9A1E8CD34E.jpeg 9D925A0E-F00F-4D19-9462-185E61FDF88F.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did get my poinsettia yesterday and it is lovely. Only looked in one place--as the quality was great. Received a wonderful delivery from my colleagues today--really made my day! Very thoughtful of them.:kiss: I took a walk around the hood today for exercise--very windy but warm. But now it is a whiteout of snow--so much for weather predictions!:rolleyes: DH got his booster today--no complaints so far but the night is young.:lol-2: Our renovations just drag on and on..........but in all fairness outdoor work in cold and windy temps are at the fore.

@missy glad your bike was fixed ASAP. Good thing you guys were relatively close to home or that might have been an ordeal!

@mrs-b nice to hear from you and hope your back settles down. Pain = suckage.

@sarahb take care. Thinking of you.

@Austina safe travels.

Keep well and safe folks.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahaha that’s where I ended up :lol:
Terrible photos sorry but I wasn’t planning on sharing :)

B60DA8C4-6DD1-4D1E-B2D3-7087E500C263.jpeg 097A1ABC-802E-4AEE-B042-AB9A1E8CD34E.jpeg 9D925A0E-F00F-4D19-9462-185E61FDF88F.jpeg

I'd like some yellow diamond earrings--with a halo. Doubt they have those here...US has much more selection.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like some yellow diamond earrings--with a halo. Doubt they have those here...US has much more selection.

I’ll check next time we go. I would be more than happy to help you get them. :)

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love Costco too and am very proud they started here. Every store is numbered and I shop at Costco Store #1!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@sarahb, I am just so sorry for the loss of your Jack. Such a beautiful boy. I know what a painful and sad time this is for you. The first few weeks are so tough. You gave Jack a wonderful life and gave him peace at the end. You did everything right. <3. Sending sympathy and hugs, please take care.
@marcy, it's frustrating that things are going slowly with your health care and hope you get some answers soon. I hope you can get the EKG scheduled soon and at least have that over with. LOL to taking pics of the bears on Marty's camera, very funny! Well, at least to us tee hee. Your new Snoopy lawn decoration is adorable.
@missy, I was glad to see surgery won't be necessary and I hope the extra calcium keeps helping with your levels. Very cute pic of your friend's dogs and Pepsi is a beautiul kitty. Funny to see Tommy and Gracie wasting no time making themselves at home in the tree.
Hi @mrs-b, I hope your back is feeling better soon. Glad to see you are settling in and having fun getting ready for Christmas. Have a good visit with Wendy.
@canuk-gal, well shoot I missed your birthday, Happy belated Birthday and I hope you had a good day. It's wonderful that you mom is doing well and was able to have an outing with your sister. It's great she's in a place that has so many activities. Glad to hear you got our for a walk. Sorry your renovations are dragging on and I hope things start moving more quickly.
@Austina, glad are having such a great time with Adam and Kim. The weather there sounds dreamy. The tree is so pretty! Have a wonderful time on your trip.
@MamaBee, how exciting Allie is getting an upgrade, we PS'ers totally get it LOL. Her new stone sounds great. Driving can be really stressful sometimes - dh and I have ended up going through DC on our way home from SC and yeah, it's terrible. Love your mom's new bedding, very cute.
Hi @bling_dream19, hope all is well with you - I hear you on needing a break from cooking, I haven't been doing much either but I'm trying to get motivated to start again.

Everything is good on my end and everyone is doing well. Not much is new, just keeping busy getting ready for Christmas. DD and her bf will be here so looking forward to that. I mentioned in another post ds moved back home to save money and it's been nice having him here. I hadn't seen my brother in a while so I got together with him this past week and it was good to see him.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and hoping everyone stays safe and well!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@junebug--nice to hear from you! Glad you are safe and well. Lovely to have plans for Christmas for your whole family!

@missy again I got wilted carrots in my meal kits!!! I WANT CARATS like you said!!!!!!!:lol-2::P2 Is that too much to ask???

Well, the snow blew in and out yesterday with no much accumulation. The mountains, however, have had a lot of snow and people are in skiing heaven with all the fresh powder. Good for them--I guess snow is useful for something!

I picked up some stuff for my Mom for Christmas--and wrapped all that I've purchased, today. Not that there is much. Took a walk to my favorite neighborhood gift shops and picked up some stocking stuffers. And my favorite Simpkins hard candies. They've been out of stock for months--so happy to find my favorite Ginger flavour!! Next week I'll drop round to other favorite gift shop (happens to be in the hospital where I work...) for more little goodies. And some gingerbread from the coffee vendor. mmmmmm

I spent sometime last night looking at colored diamonds--what a lovely diversion. I wish our dollar was competitive against the USD but alas it isn't, hence I won't be cross border shopping. I wore my yellow sapphire earrings today and that satisfied my itch for now.

That said I looked online at my favorite local estate shop and lo and behold, they had a Tiffany Soleste (D, VVS1 center) with a pink diamond halo!!!!!!! I got jittery! But when I called today I found out it was a size 3, so no go.;( I'll keep looking--things tend to fall in my lap when I am not on the hunt. Also, I do recall they had some yellow diamond earrings in past, so I might drop in.

Sorry for all the blabber about myself. Yikes.

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Been a busy couple of days!

Lovely to hear from you @junebug17 and glad to hear that everything’s good with you and yours. Sound like it’s going to be a fun Christmas at the Bug household :bigsmile:

Glad to hear the snow hasn’t been too much of a problem @canuk-gal, I did go skiing - ONCE - in Canmore, but decided I wasn’t built for hurtling down slopes, I ended up on my backside more than I was upright! :lol: How’re you feeling now?

Love Costco too, what’s not to love @rainwood?

Their jewellery is great @bling_dream19, another fan and it’s the first place I look before getting to the essentials, like food and cleaning stuff :mrgreen:

Have you recovered from your adventure @MamaBee? When’s Allie picking up her upgrade, I’ll bet she’s really excited.

I saw your other thread @missy and there were a lot of very positive experiences. If that’s what‘ll finally take care of the issue, I know you’ll be giving it a lot of consideration. I read up a lot about it when the surgeon suggested it to me, but I was only 30 at the time, and we still hoped to have another child. The laparascopic procedure seems to have an easier and faster recovery, if that’s an option in your case. A lot to think about, and the plus side is you’ll have Greg to take care of you afterward.

Covid test results were all negative, so we’re off first thing in the morning, the car is coming at 5.15am to pick us up :shock: The weather forecast is for beautiful warm weather, which‘ll be lovely.

Bertie’s at his doggy digs while we’re away, the house is really quiet without him.

I’ll check in when I can, stay safe and well lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy FriYAY!!!

@Austina safe travels. Have a wonderful trip!

@canuk-gal yassss we need Carats! Lots and lots and lots of beautiful preferably chunky not orange carats. And definitely not wilted lol. Glad you had a nice walk yesterday and were able to purchase some gifts for your mom. I love ginger hard candies too. Helps me with motion sickness and nausea. Aww sorry the Tiffany ring fell through. A size 3. Wow. I don't think my finger ever was a size 3 lol

@sarahb how are you feeling? Keeping you in my thoughts. Gentle hugs.

@bling_dream19 woohoo it is FriYAY! Our favorite day.

@Slick1 hope you have a good day today and tomorrow is the weekend yay.

@junebug17 that's nice you enjoyed a visit with your brother. And I am glad it is working out with your DS living at home again. He can save money this way for the future. And get to be with his loved ones. Not a bad gig. Enjoy a lovely visit with your DD and her bf.

@springerspaniel how are you doing? I hope you receive good news soon. Have a wonderful weekend.

@mrs-b hope your back is feeling better. How is Tim feeling? I know you will enjoy a fun time with Wendy. Have a lovely weekend. Just a couple more weeks til Christmas. I want to slow it all down. LOL.

@MamaBee what are your weekend plans? When does the doctor want to see you back? Less than 5 years?

@marcy happy FriYAY and happy weekend.

@rainwood well you know that my rule is I must live within 20-25 minutes of Costco. No matter where we move. No Costco no move lol. Costco is #1. Then Trader Joe's #2. WF #3 and I dont know if Fairway is still around but if they are they rank #4 for me :) Costco ROCKS. Have a great weekend. Let's chat soon.

It's been a chilly few days here. Warm up tomorrow but with thunder storms. Next week looks pretty good right now so fingers crossed that comes to fruition. MY newest winter coat arrived yesterday but I have not tried it on yet. I think that was the last of my purchases. Oh no still waiting for the navy sleeveless turtleneck. I hope it didn't get lost. I ordered it November 21st so it seems like maybe it is lost.

Not sure of our plans yet today. It's another cold cloudy day so probably not riding. Maybe a hike. No errands to run so yay about that. Have a wonderful FriYAY lovely ladies. and hugs to all.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 5.46.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 5.52.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 5.53.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 5.54.17 AM.png

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi NIRDIs--
A very quick update. We are in Franconia Notch this week and the wind is howling, the snow is flying and I climb a different mountain each day. So so beautiful. I've had my "official" interviews for the new position and I gather they vote on Monday, so I hope to hear soon. Then I can put in my resignation letter. Then I need to clean out my jewelry box to help with the huge financial hit...

I do read the NIRDI news and try to keep up as best I can. @sarahb I am keeping you and Jack in my heart right now. You know that he will always be a part of you, but I know how hard it must be not to have his physical presence.

@missy as most have said, each person has his or her own surgical experience. The statistics are on your side, and you take great care of yourself. From my own experience with bleeding cessation, I was so much more energetic once the bleeding stopped.

Shout out to everyone else--@junebug17, @rainwood , @canuk-gal, @MamaBee, @marcy, @bling_dream19, @mrs-b and everyone else! Hope the weekend brings some joy to everyone.

I need to finish writing a talk for next week, but will leave you with a couple of pictures of Clyde and Freddie.

freddie 2.jpg freddie 1.jpg
Freddie does not have enough toys...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls!
I hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend. I get to home home to Pa tomorrow because S tested negative on his PCR test after his business trip. TG Unfortunately I hurt my back picking up my four year old grandson for a kiss. Big mistake..My back started really hurting the next day. We’ve been stuck in the house since then. It’s been a long boring week because I can’t do anything. I would be going home by myself today..but I can’t load the car or help David carry stuff to the car. S is coming tonight to help me load the car tomorrow morning. This is so close to Christmas to have it go out. Lesson learned. No picking up grandchildren!
The good and bad news is my husband decorated the fancy tree. Good news that I have one less thing to do. It’s a huge job..It’s all silver, gold and crystal. There must easily be hundreds of ornaments. The bad news is he’s an engineer and a little OCD..He probably put all the ornaments on in a orderly fashion small to large from the top down. It looks better when it’s mixed up..I really can’t complain because it was stressing me out that I had to do it when I get home. I will probably move stuff around…Each ornament has a box or wrapped in tissue so that's the biggest job..
I just edited this to say he just sent me photo! He did a GREAT job! I’ll take a pic of it tomorrow night when I get home.
@canuk-gal How are you feeling? It’s great that you got out shopping..
Boo to the Tiffany ring being a size 3! Please take a pic of your yellow sapphire earrings! You have the best taste!
@missy I’m sorry that you are now considering the hysterectomy. I worry about you becoming anemic because you’re bleeding all the time.
Your photos are so pretty. I‘m sure all the beautiful fall scenery..and water views help with the stress you must be feeling.
@Austina I hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip.
I was looking at the wedding photos thread. I think your dress is very pretty. It’s amazing you still fit in it forty years later. There’s no way I could fit into mine. My gown was made with little bows..:lol:
Unfortunately after that horrendous trip home I developed a bad back from lifting my grandson. It’s my own fault. I’m not @marcy after all! :lol:
@marcy How are you feeling? Do you take your blood pressure at home? I’m supposed to take mine occasionally but I always forget. I laughed when I read you had your bears moon Marty..You guys are so funny!
I will be back later. I have to check in with my mom.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY and Nirdi shoutout!
@missy I love your pics and it really is our favorite day - happy FriYAY to you my friend! Wish we were meeting you for some icecream or coffee or something :)
@MamaBee and @mrs-b so sorry to hear about your backs and hopefully they heal soon. My hubby's back was hurting him a while ago due to driving and he's been stretching lots and that's helping.
@Austina have sooo much fun on your trip! I'm always curious what jewelry folks bring on their vacations so if you care to share....no pressure as always. I've limited myself to what I can wear on my person otherwise I can't handle it. Even if the extra pair of earrings or a second necklace stays with me on my purse. Can't handle it:naughty: so now whenever I travel I wear the same jewelry and its stays on me at all times.
@junebug17 @springerspaniel @marcy @sarahb
Thinking about everyone and sending love and hugs to all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello again..The fella is taking a shower so I have some time again..:loopy:

@junebug I’m glad you are enjoying having your son stay with you. I’ve had my oldest son live with us for a while a few times. It wasn’t all smooth sailing with him. I think I mentioned before that one night I got up to use the rest room and ran into a girl in the dark. Needless to say we had to have a chat. This was a long time ago. We had a door in the basement that opened to the back yard. He would sneak her in that way..:wall:
That’s wonderful you will have your daughter and her boyfriend over for Christmas. It must have been nice to spend time with your brother.

@rainwood Your dog in your avatar is so cute. I miss having a dog..When my family was not happy with me..he always was. He was my bud..
It’s funny that we all love Costco...I’ve only been there three or four times after being vaccinated. I will make a trip just before Christmas. My son and I get all excited when we know we’re going…We lead an exciting life!

@springerspaniel Clyde and Freddie are adorable! I love all the toys. Bailey couldn’t have toys because he would eat them! They say not to give them nylabones. It was the only thing he could chew for a little bit. I would have to throw them out after just one chew session. I would sit there watching him..making sure he didn’t swallow any pieces. At some point he would make them sharp cutting his gums. He was such a good dog. I was able to ask him to drop it so I could throw it out. He would follow me to the trash with his ears way back. I’m really missing him more than less lately. I think reality sank in.
It sounds beautiful in Franconia Notch with the wind howling and snow. You must be having a great time hiking.

@bling_dream19 I haven’t been cooking either. I got Door Dash three times since I’ve been here. I couldn’t go out shopping because I hurt my back. It’s been a treat to just order in. I do have to start cooking and freezing things when I get home tomorrow. My plan is to heat most things up on Christmas. I do have to cook some things on the day..but hope to make a dent before time.
I just read your post about your husband’s back. I’m sorry he’s also having pain. Maybe that’s what pushed me over the edge because I did a lot of driving in a short span of time. Maybe picking up my grandson pushed it over the edge..

@mrs-b I hope your back is doing okay. I‘m having sympathetic back pain…
Your townhouse sounds like it’s all ready for Christmas. I would love to see pics. I took out my Gnome coffee mugs and thought of you..Since we‘re having Christmas in Pa this year because of my mom not being able to travel..I’ll be using my other Christmas set of Portmeirion dishes...Botanical Garden Mistletoe…They’re my favorite of the two Portmeirion sets..

So far my son and DIL are coming for Christmas…Their two children are under four so they’re not vaccinated. We’re talking about what to do as far as home antigen tests..or getting a PCR. PCRs are difficult to get in Pa unless you are showing symptoms. Since the variant I’m getting the feeling they are reassessing what to do for Christmas. Whatever they decide is okay with me. It must be so stressful to raise children during Covid.
What are everyone’s plans?

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday!
Just a quick GM.
Cold and wet here today so another hike is on our agenda.
Yesterday was a beautiful hike.

@springerspaniel that sounds like so much fun. An exciting adventure. Enjoy! And yes I have been reading about all the options. Recovery is listed as much longer than PSers have experienced interestingly enough. After all it is a major surgery. But it is good to get all points of view. Obviously no matter how tough or long the recovery if I have to do it I have to do it. Just not sure of what is best for me yet. Enjoy and my fingers remain crossed for you to hear good news on the job front. And Freddie and Clyde are so adorable. :love:

@bling_dream19 name the time and place...soon one day hopefully we can meet for ice cream, coffee and some beachy fun.

Hi @MamaBee thanks for enjoying my photos. As for the holidays make everyone get a Covid test. Better safe than sorry. Enjoy the weekend.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.

Yesterday, the sky was moody and mostly cloudy.

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 6.37.35 AM.png

And in honor of Caturday Saturday may I present Sir Tommy in all his meowalicious glory.

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 6.38.38 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful day lovely ladies.
XOXO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Well we’re here! It really is glorious weather, and I’m sitting under a palm tree, (too early for a cocktail yet), enjoying relaxing, after a very unrelaxed night.

Adam and Kim are off scuba diving, and Colin’s in the pool.

@missy, IF you have to have the surgery, I’m sure having been so active, your recovery would be reasonably easy. The biggest difficulty for you would be sitting still and resting. How adorable is Tommy perched in the tree? Enjoy whatever today brings you.

@bling_dream19, I’ve got Bella, Marilyn, my heart and my hoops with me, they’re pretty much my staples these days, and now they’re insured, I’m not worried about wearing them.

Having got up at just after 4am yesterday, we were all pretty exhausted but managed to last until 9pm and fell promptly asleep. However, we were rudely awakened before 11pm by 4 women in the next room, screeching and laughing like a pack of hyenas. This went on till I couldn’t stand it any longer, so I go up and told them to pipe down as we were trying to sleep. They didn’t, I wanted to ring the front desk, but Colin thought they might think 11pm was unreasonable to complain. Anyway, they eventually shut up, only to start again a 2.30am. As soon as we’d had breakfast, Adam went and asked for us to change rooms as he has status with Hyatt. We moved rooms so let‘s hope our new neighbours are a lot quieter. Adam and Kim also had a disturbed night as their house alarm went off at 3am, so Adam got a call to let him know. He thinks something fell off the Christmas tree and set off the motion detector.

Sending big love and hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs, have a great weekend
:wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Your jewelry sounds perfect and gorgeous! Thank you for sharing @Austina have a wonderful relaxing trip! Hopefully you'll get great nights of sleep the rest of your time.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!

Ya, I was sucked in by the 4C temps; so I just wore my wool sweater and down vest during my errands. THE WIND is a scandal! Feels -15 wind chill. Luckily I didn't have to go far from place to place. You'd think I know better. :rolleyes:

I never sleep well, but these days, I am up too early for my liking. Since my surgery, I have been going to bed early; but I wake up and can't go back to sleep. Phooey. I have no need to be up at 0600 or 0700 unless I am working!!

@missy glad to guys can continue to hike!
@springerspaniel I hoping your job dream comes through!!!
@MamaBee how is your back? Any relief?
@marcy OKOKOK Officially how many days til Christ....oh I mean retirement????
@bling_dream19 any jewels on your Christmas wish list?
@mrs-b I hope California is all that you hoped it would be.
@Austina I hope the rest of your holiday is peaceful.

Keep well and safe folks.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! 12 days and counting.

@missy I am glad you were close to home when the bike broke down. That is awesome you are still riding in December. Yes, our sleep habits are not the best. And exactly - as long as we laugh at our jokes at least someone enjoyed them. Sorry to hear you are still bleeding and I hope the new tests find some answers for you. Pretty tree - is that in Costco.

@sarahb I have been thinking of you. Big hugs coming your way. I so agree with you to go get a second opinion - I am looking in to that now. I have a people I am reaching out to about a hematologist - if nothing else I want an answer what I’m dealing with. A 20 year watch is a great idea; Marty collects watches like I collect rings.

@Austina I agree time is flying by - my mind is so preoccupied with “stuff” I seem less efficient than normal and always busy. I am looking forward to December 24th when I’ll officially have nothing left I need to do. Glad Costco still had a rumba for you; that will be handy at your new home. Good deal there is more progress on your house. My in-laws went on a cruise this week too - that would be small world funny if they are on the same cruise as you and Colin. They go several times a year as well. Have fun on your cruise and boo to noisy, rude neighbors. I hope that’s all it was at Adam’s house that set off the alarm.

@bling_dream19 cheesecake and eggnog sounds delicious. We just had another piece of leftover Thanksgiving cheesecake. I am making round 1 of Christmas cookies tomorrow. I always stress about what jewelry to take traveling too; do I want to take it with me or leave it at home and worry about it? I hope your husband is feeling better.

@mrs-b I’ve been wondering how you are doing in California. I am sorry your back is giving you pain and hope that you are feeling better now.

@Canuck-gal yes I am counting down days to retirement more so than Christmas. I hope you are feeling better each day. Colored diamonds are certainly pretty; darn the Tiffany Solstice was not the right size. Yellow sapphires are gorgeous, I find my yellow sapphire ring very cheerful to wear. Our snow has been the same here - not much locally but lots in the mountains. Our usual stretch of highway mid state has been closed with drifts for 2 days now. And high winds continue. Sorry to hear you are in the little sleep club too; I am so used to getting up at 6 anymore I just wake up then anyway.

@junebug17 I bet it’s nice to have your DS home for awhile and nice your DD and her BF will be there for Christmas. Sounds perfect. It sure does take time getting ready for Christmas but it’s kind of fun too.

@springerspaniel sounds like you are in a winter wonderland - enjoy. Good luck and best wishes on the new position.

@MamaBee I am so sorry you hurt your back - I hope you are better today. Yay that your DH decorated the tree for you. Yes, I do take my blood pressure at home a few times a week. It’s pretty good when I’ve been setting at night; not so good when I am up and running around. Nice your son and DIL are coming for Christmas.

So far Marty has not found or mentioned my gag pictures on his camera. I am NOT going to ask because that might be what he’s waiting for me to do. Two can play this game.

As for Costco ladies - we don’t have one but yes they seem to have some nice jewelry. @missy those sapphire halos look like my ruby halos.

I have been busy and distracted preparing for retirement. Still trying to figure out what to do about TV now that I have to pay for it. Darn. I know not a real world problem.

Marty had his gym Christmas party today; only about a dozen people came this year but it was a fun time. I was going to make cookies but usually several people bring store bought cookies and I figure I don’t need the temptation so I didn’t bake anything. There wasn’t a single sweet treat available - which I suppose is a good thing.

I was busy today - did laundry, wrapped a few presents, got my Christmas cards ready to mail and cleaned up from the Christmas party. We went out to eat about 4 and we are watching Austin Powers movies now.

We had enough snow Thursday night to make everything icy. The wind has been awful this week - today places were have gusts over 90 mph.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Sunday!

@marcy yes it's a Costco tree. What doesn't Costco have lol. I know you share my sleep (or should I say waking all night) habits. Sorry we are part of that same club. Yay for retirement plans. Haha about having to pay for TV. In the 90s I swore I wouldn't pay for TV and wouldn't you know it I ended up caving in 1995 when the apartment building I bought a coop in had no TV if you didn't pay for cable. My resolve wasn't strong enough to go without TV. But of course in those days we (or I) didn't have internet. Boo to snow and to 90 mph winds. Nooooo. Loved that Snoopy CB Christmas. We save it to watch every year and I always think of you.

@canuk-gal I hear you about getting up too early (and going to bed early too though I don't know anyone who goes to bed as early as I do). Hope you are feeling stronger with each day.

@Austina aww thank you, that is very kind. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful trip.

@bling_dream19 happy Sunday. In truth I don't love Sunday per se because Monday comes after it lol but well it is still the weekend after all. Hope you enjoy a beautiful day.

@Slick1 hope the weekend is proving to be fun for you and the family. Hey Bear. Big hugs.

@sarahb you remain in my thoughts. Gentle hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Greg and I enjoyed a hike yesterday and saw a magnificent buck. Wow we dont see the bucks that often. Such huge antlers. He was so handsome.

I couldn't get a great photo though of him, he moved too fast sorry.

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 7.00.22 AM.png

It was a hazy foggy unseasonably mild and super windy day yesterday. No sun to speak of except for a few glimpses through the clouds.
Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 7.03.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 7.06.58 AM.png

Enjoy a beautiful Sunday girls. We are going to attempt cycling despite the high winds and temps in the 40s with zero sun. Can anyone say masochists lol.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Morning NIRDI's!

@missy I agree - Costco has everything. Our Sams Club is a poorer version of Costco. Our poor sleeping habits did lead me to get up in time to see a gorgeous sunrise today. I guess that's something but now it's 10 am and I feel like I need a nap. Yes, I am getting more excited and comfortable with my retirement decision every day. It would be nice to just have free TV but those days are gone. We did go buy an indoor antenna a few weeks ago to pull in local networks - we could see about 10 - the one I really wanted and closest to our house didn't show up at all and the other one I watch sometimes faded in and out. So much for that idea - I returned the antenna to Target. Yes our winds have been awful and pretty much knocked broke our Snoopy lawn ornament in half last night. He is on his doghouse that looks like a mailbox that opens with Woodstock inside - all of that is on a pedestal; snapped it right in half. Marty hasn't looked too close yet but he thinks he can fix it. Stupid Wyoming wind. I will definitely be watching the CB Christmas program this week or next. They are all on Apple TV+ which is the one and only reason I renew that streaming service every year. Great pictures from your hike - I should show Marty the dear and tell him - see Missy can get pictures of a dear - why can't you get one of a moose? Ha Ha.

Speaking of pictures - Marty took sunrise pictures too this morning so he had to find my teddy bear pictures and he hasn't said a word about them. Way to ruin our fun, huh?

I got my Christmas cards all finished and Marty took them to mail on his way to the gym this morning. My last batch of laundry is in the dryer. Today I am baking Christmas M&M cookies and get them in the freezer. I still have to get candy cane cookies and mini cheesecakes baked before next Sunday when the family is coming for Christmas dinner.

Have a great day!
Marcy

IMG_1287.JPG IMG_1295.JPG

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello Ladies!

Sounds like everyone is doing well--but sorry @MamaBee & @mrs-b for your bad backs--it affects darn near everything you have to do just to get through the day, not withstanding all the busy-ness of the Christmas season. Hope for your quick healing!

@missy, I’m sure you’ll make the decision that is right for you re a hysterectomy—and I really think you would fly through it with no problems. Sitting on this side of the decision is stressful & nerve-wracking, but don’t forget to factor in that fact that you have tons of support with Greg, he’ll take wonderful care of you! Yes, I too adore your cloud pics & all the other pics, keep on posting & thank you for doing so in advance! Tommy sure is handsome with those beautiful eyes of his, ooo-la-la!

@springerspaniel, love these pics of your Clyde & Freddie, they are beauties--who is who? The black one looks like a pup--or maybe a different breed? I'd love the details please! We have good & bad days over here, depending on the circumstance. The most difficult part to break is the ever present train of thought that is concurrent with whatever is going on at the moment: which is always thinking of him: I should get him out, is it time for his dinner, or time for his walk etc etc. But of course, he's not here....deep sigh.....bless his little heart, we sure do miss him. I had to look up where Franconia Notch is, what a gorgeous spot it must be & what fun for you to be there, enjoy! My dad’s job took us nearly everywhere, but never to that part of the country. Hope you get the news you're looking for with your job situation, will be thinking good thoughts for you Monday!

@junebug, thank you so much for your kind words. It is a tough loss, we are focusing on being thankful we had him for as long as we did..he was quite a gem! Enjoy having your children home for Christmas!

@Austina, hope you are enjoying your trip & the weather is cooperating. Yay to sunshine & scuba diving, what fun. I’ve never scuba dived, only snorkeled, (which was beautiful), but can only imagine being that far under the water would be like, wow. Safe travels back home!

@canuk-gal, hope the weather is ok by you, we have sun today, which is not our norm for this time of year. Hope you are feeling stronger with each new day. Yes, sleep can be problematic at times, hope you are getting enough.

Thanks so much for the hugs @marcy. :) And those sunset photo's, sooo gorgeous! Re second opinion: it’s just a little bit of insurance, just to be sure ykwim—will be thinking good thoughts for you! Your ruby earrings are stunning—great color & I love the halo. My absolute favorite Christmas specials are the Charlie Brown Special the Grinch Special. Oh no to the wind issues & taking your CB decoration down, sorry you're having to deal with that. We had wind advisories Friday/Saturday & it took quite a few trees/branches down. Yay to retirement, I know it’ll be hard to walk out that door for the last time, but such an exciting time once you get the actual retiring out of the way!

@bling_dream19, Hope you are enjoying the weekend, not much longer until Christmas. Just went & looked at your AVC 3 stone, it is gorgeous, DK did a great job—love the setting you chose. Perfection!

Hi to everyone else, hope you all are doing well….was up late watching NCAA mens basketball last night. It was a miserable day outside weather-wise yesterday, windy & rainy all day long, made chile for dinner, it hit the spot. Today it’s clear skies & sun, what a difference. Decided to workout instead of walking today so need to get it done, equipment is here so no excuse lol. Have a good Sunday afternoon!!
XOXO

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
You're so sweet @sarahb sometimes I question the setting and whether I should have done baskets and/or different metal. I appreciate your compliment. I ADORE your AVC :kiss2: such a stunning ring!
@missy Hope today wasn't too cold or windy for you and Greg. We just got home from....(you guessed it)....COSTCO! Oh and a sweater and leggings have worked for me so far! I've been returning the other items. I think I'm going to order another sweater in a different color.
@marcy your Christmas baking is inspiring me:D I'm really happy for your retirement.
Nirdi shoutout to all and happy Sunday! Love and hugs to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Everything crossed for good news tomorrow @springerspaniel. I just love Clyde’s face, and Freddie’s little spotty nose is too cute.

Thanks @sarahb, neither Colin nor I scuba dive (I can’t even swim :???:) but we are really enjoying being away with Adam and Kim and the weather is glorious, and it’s so nice to be waited on.

We are all Costcoholics @bling_dream19, Kim was talking about going when w get back, but I think it’ll be completely manic just before Christmas. Glad you got something that works for you, and I’m a believer in getting something in a different colour if you like it.

We’re not actually on a cruise @marcy, just staying at a hotel in Nassau this trip, weather is lovely, and we’re enjoying relaxing and eating! Not long now till R day, and hopefully getting some resolution to your medical issues. Isn’t that always the way, when you do bake, everyone brings things, and when you don’t, nobody does! Happy cookie baking, they all sound delicious :lickout:

I hope your back is feeling better @MamaBee and you’re able to get everything you need to do done. If not, I’m sure everything will look perfect anyway.

I hope you managed to cycle today @missy and it wasn’t too cold, it’s high 70’s here, slightly overcast, but still lovely and warm.

We’ve just got back from the water park, where I, of course, somehow ended up looking like a drowned rat, whilst the others remained relatively dry!

Off out to dinner soon, so must dash.

Take care lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!

@sarahb you are in my thoughts. Take care.

The deep freeze is starting. We have been very fortunate as our temps have been "warm" given our location. That stops today!! I feel for the outdoor workers. Bright and sunny today during my walk.

We had a lovely brunch out--deep fried chicken, waffles and scrambled eggs! Waaayyyyy too much food for one meal for me, so left overs. I usually eschew leftovers, but buttermilk fried chicken I could eat morning noon or night!

I have two Christmas events this week--wow such a change from these past two years. They are small groups--and all need vax passports to attend. I am looking forward to dressing up (dressy hazmat suit LOL) and going out! Both events are relatively early so I shouldn't be too tired by evenings end. I am the designated driver!! LOL

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Monday!

We had a good ride yesterday and I wore my new cycling pants. Greg is a doll. He altered them for me (taking the waist in and taking the cycling pad out) and washed and dried them for me all in the same morning yesterday so I could use them cycling yesterday. I didn't even know he was doing that for me yesterday morning. And he cooked for me too but well that's his MO. I am very very lucky no question about it in the romantic partner department. Could not have asked for a better partner and there is nothing I would change about him. NOTHING. Sorry for the mushy post but I just love him SO much. I always say the universe has given us a lot to deal with health wise but I think it's because we have each other for support and unconditional love. It's a trade off lol. OK enough about that.

@marcy gorgeous sky. Just stunning. Thank you for sharing. Haha yes I have never been to Sam's Club but love your description. Wind is not our friend at times. I have to agree. That is the reason we lose power most of the time. But our winds have nothing on your winds lol. Haha no don't show Marty the photos. No need to do that. LOL I am sure he will get great moose pics when the time is right. Happy retirement soon. I'm very excited for you Marcy.

@bling_dream19 yasss glad you are keeping some of the clothing that works and Costco rules the day. LOVE that we all adore Costco. And sweaters and leggings are my winter uniform. :)

@sarahb continued big hugs and good thoughts for you. You are right. I could not have a better caretaker should I need to get the hysterectomy.

@canuk-gal brrr stay warm and comfy cozy. Winter has arrived for you indeed.

@Austina sounds like a beautiful trip. Enjoy. We have good weather this week. Looking forward to cycling this week and yes we did get to cycle yesterday woohoo. Have fun and enjoy.

@MamaBee how was your weekend? How is it Monday already? What is going on...please update me.

Hi to everyone else.
Good ride yesterday and looking forward to a good ride today and hopefully most of this week. We shall see.
Tonight I have my first Zoom call. LOL it took me long enough I guess haha. It's a friend and three others I don't know. I met her last year through one of my OP support groups. She rarely posts but we became friends. She contacted me two weeks ago asking if I would be up for doing a zoom call with her and three other girls who I do not know. Just to talk about OP and what we know and think about treatments etc. This is not my thing at all doing a zoom call with people I never met IRL and I don't even know the other 3 girls at all. BUT this girl got me in to see my bone specialist who was not taking new patients and I feel indebted to her. She said not to feel obligated but TBH I do so I agreed. They made it earlier for me (they are on the West Coast) (since I go to bed at 8PM LOL) so the call starts at 6PM today. We shall see how it goes. My first Zoom call ever. :)

Have a great Monday girls and big hugs to each and everyone of my friends. XOXO.

Leaving you with this photo from yesterday. Turned out to be a sunnier day than anticipated and not as cold. It was a lovely cycling day even with the high winds.

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 5.55.18 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results