shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to share this. So twenty years ago Greg and I attended a Stone Pony Concert starring Joan Jett. With a friend of ours. She sent us this last night. Wow. Time really flies.

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 6.20.51 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Another beautiful relaxing day here.

Continuing to think of you @missy, and all you’re going through at the moment. I wish there was a straight forward answer, but I know there’s not, I just hope you can find the right Dr to help you through this. There’s absolutely no need to apologise for adoring the love of your life, you really struck gold with Greg (or should that be diamonds :mrgreen: ) and that kind of love is worth shouting about.

Sorry your temps have plummeted @canuk-gal, stay safe and warm.

How are all the lovely NIRDIS doing?

We had a lovely dinner yesterday, and were able to sit outside and enjoy the warm evening. Adam, Kim & Colin polished off a 40oz Tomahawk steak, and I had chicken, which was such a huge portion, that Colin & Kim also had some too. A & K are out diving today, and we’ve just sat in the shade reading. It’s a hard life, but someone’s got to do it!

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@sarahb thank you - I told Marty when we win the lottery (and after I buy Sharon her Tiffany sparkly) I want to live where we have an unobstructed view of the sunrise and sunset. I watch them whenever I can. I definitely agree it is not a bad idea to get a second opinion and try to get some answers and directions. I am not used to feeling like this. Those are great Christmas specials. I am waiting until Christmas Eve to watch the CB special. Our Snoopy decoration is holding up so far but we have another high wind warning through Wednesday now. I guess the highest gust in the state Saturday was 154 mph and about 60 miles north of here. Sorry to hear your wind took down some trees and branches. Chili sounds perfect for dinner on a rainy day. You are right it will be hard walking out the door for the final time but I am sure I’ll enjoy retirement.

@bling_dream19 I am not baking as many cookies this year because I will eat too many of them - I am a regular Cookie Monster. I am getting excited to retire as well.

@Austina I am glad you are enjoying your vacation even if it’s not on a cruise. It sounds fun to me. Yes, that is the way it goes - either everyone brings the same thing or you don’t end up with something. Marty’s department used to do summer BBQ and the guys who were going to bring buns and chips NEVER showed up with them or showed up on time. They are kind of critical for those hot dogs and hamburgers. I did totally enjoy some hot cookies yesterday. Your weather there sounds fabulous to us dealing with the cold and wind. So did Adam, Kim and Colin each eat a tomahawk? Marty polishes one off now and then - if I tried to eat one it probably wouldn’t look like I ate any of it. They are huge!!

@canuk-gal I hope you are feeling better each day. Your fried chicken sounds fabulous and I must try chicken and waffles sometime. Have a great time at your Christmas events this week. Stay warm!

@missy I loved your mushy post - you and Greg were totally made for each other and I am glad you found each other. You both take good care of each other. Thank you - we had another gorgeous sunrise this morning. I’ll still get up when I’m retired just to look. Marty once again did not see the moose on his camera outing. I hope the zoom call is helpful to share information about OP, that is a nice thing to have a support group.

Not much going on today. I finished my 4 employee appraisals that my boss wanted me to write before I retire. He asked for them on Wednesday so I have no plan to send them off to him early. It was kind of a quiet day at work. I was going to bake my mini cheesecakes for the family Christmas tonight but decided I want to pick up some tin muffin pans - they are really easy to store them in. I put the entire pan in a freeze bag and stick them in the freezer. Less dishes that way too! Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

This morning's sunrise
IMG_1303.JPG

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I wish I had your restraint. I made christmas cookies…at least ten varieties with two plus dozen each batch. I wish I had a baking buddy or cookie swap to get more types but the pandemic has really put that at bay. To make matters worse, I have eaten at least three dozen! Yep diet starts in January! I Started to distribute them and running out -gee I wonder why?! I will probably make a few new batches to supplement the inventory. I give them out to neighbors, family, coworkers and friends.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lambskin Christmas time is tough and cookies are way too tempting. I totally get it. That is why I’m only making 2 kinds of cookies this year. I cannot be trusted with fresh out of the oven cookies. That is a great idea to have a cookie exchange. I like that you are giving cookies away. I’m getting rid of my clothes that are too big to help keep me honest and motivated.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Snoopy replacement showed up today. Marty will get it anchored in the front yard tomorrow.
32A7D6FA-0C1A-4286-A5A4-3B2B755C39F0.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Happy Tuesday!

@Austina thank you and glad you are enjoying the lovely weather and wonderful company. Thank you for your very generous comments. I am so glad it all worked out and you worked hard to make it happen. Kudos to you for making your dreams come true.

@marcy omg I love your snoopy replacement. And your sunrise is breathtaking. Thank you for not judging my mushiness and for your kind comments. Woohoo retirement is SOON. Good for you getting ahead of all that you have to do. You are like the boy scouts. Always prepared. And yasss to less dishes. Always a good way to go. Yummmmm muffins.

@lambskin ooh those cookies sound yummy and I wouldn't be able to exhibit restraint either. I love christmas cookies and it's been too long since I enjoyed them. Greg is planning on baking an apple pie with a gluten free crust soon. Looking forward to that.

@canuk-gal how are you feeling? Keeping good thoughts for you.

@MamaBee thinking of you too...hoping you got good news re follow ups.

@bling_dream19 I think my turtleneck is lost. 3 weeks and still in the shipping phase. When I have the energy I will contact Nordstrom to say hey I want a refund for the top I didn't receive. Hope all your items arrive and that you are pleased with them. What are your holiday plans?

@Slick1 hope you are looking forward to extended time off work and that all is going smoothly.

@sarahb warm wishes and good thoughts continuing to be sent your way.

Hi to everyone else.

The call last night went well. My first Zoom call. The girls are so nice. Warm, empathetic and just really lovely individuals. I am very happy I agreed to do the call with them despite not wanting to. Now they want to meet every other week. That's a lot but I don't feel right saying no so at least for now I will Zoom with them every other week. Next meeting December 27th. And they are making it early for me so how could I say no. One of the girls has to do the call while she is at work (but done for the day) as she is on the west coast. But anyway it was a success and I didnt look at myself lol. I hate that so I just looked at the center screen at whoever was talking at that time. LOL. I did wash my hair and had it down which I never do hoping it would make me look a little more presentable. :lol:

We also had a great ride yesterday. The temps were in the 50s and while the wind was STRONG we managed to ride 50 miles and enjoy. Today more of the same yay. Still bleeding every single day. It is hard to not let it consume my every thought but once I get it out here I go on to enjoy the day. One day at a time. I am saying it often because it calms me. And helps me to share.

Strong west wind so the ocean was flat and calm.

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 6.07.26 AM.png

And last night Oliver was (sort of) behaving. :)

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 6.18.15 AM.png

Have a happy Tuesday all! (((((Hugs))))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL so I was just telling Greg I have to call Nordstrom to get a refund on the top that wasn't delivered and lo and behold he said oh, right, that came last night when you were in bed. LOLOL. So yay my navy sleeveless turtleneck finally arrived. After three weeks in transit. Where did it come from? Australia? :lol:

A photo is worth a thousand words so here you go. :)

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 6.37.42 AM.png

A bit wrinkled on the model but in real life that happens too :lol:
I wore my black one last night during the call and the wrinkled part was hidden :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I was sad Marty didn’t get a chance to put my new Snoopy in the yard today but I plugged Snoopy in just hanging out on the kitchen island. I would never judge your mushiness - I am delighted you and Greg are so devoted to each other. That is awesome! I am getting very excited to retire; I am suffering from short timer disease for sure. That’s great you enjoyed talking to everyone on the Zoom call. I also hate seeing myself on conference calls, at work I cover my camera and upload one of my pictures as a background. Beautiful pictures from your ride today and I am so sorry you are still bleeding. Big hugs to you! Yay your new top showed up; it looks like a nice one too.

@Austina love your picture. I can easily see you are all having a wonderful time.

@lambskin I’m with you - an umbrella drink would be perfect where Austina is vacationing. Where I’m at though it’s more like hot chocolate weather.

I had my work done by about 10 am today. One of my employees gave notice today with his last day December 31st. I’m NOT changing my plans though. I talked to our senior manager today and I guess he told my manager he is going to have to learn our job - I find that funny because for the 7 to 8 years I’ve worked for him he’s made so many decisions on how we should do things without actually knowing how we do things. I’d like to be a fly on the wall watching him get trained.

I stopped at the store on the way home solely to get tin foil muffin tins for my min cheesecakes - sadly they were out of them but I managed to spend over $100 anyway. I am rather skilled at spending money.

Take care.
Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Quick nirdi shoutout! You look gorgeous @Austina your family is beautiful. Your jewelry is just fabulous too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's wonderful Wednesday.

@marcy you and me both. Spending money is a handy skill. Oh wait, that's making money. NM. :lol:
Uh oh for your manager but I am with you. Retirement is set. No changing plans.

@Austina you and the family look beautiful. Glad you are enjoying. I love how you and Kim match too. :)

And I am with @lambskin save an umbrella drink for both of us please.

Good morning @bling_dream19 @Slick1 @sarahb @springerspaniel @canuk-gal @MamaBee

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
Yesterday was another good cycling day albeit windy. Wind is the theme of the week lol. But I will take it if we can still ride.

Woke up late today so running out of time. Have to start my workout but wanted to wish everyone a lovely day.
XOXO.

I took this photo as we cycled down the Asbury boardwalk yesterday. It was deserted. Such a contrast to this summer and early autumn.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 6.41.19 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies. Hugs.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina what a great picture!! I agree with @missy regarding your matching suits. Have a splendid time.

@marcy I am very excited for your retirement. You already have hobbies, so I imagine you will not get bored...We did not put up our Snoopy decorations this year, but I recognize your new one. We have the Charlie Brown tree, among others.

@missy I hear you about the ZOOM calls with "strangers." Sounds as if you found it helpful?

Happy Wednesday to all the other NIRDIs!!

Giving my talk tomorrow, so of course I am nervous as all get-out. I also found out that I have been accepted to the research program--YAY!! Makes me even more nervous to think of leaving a job I've had for a million years for the Great Unknown. I hope I am making the right decision.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck tomorrow @springerspaniel I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope it goes very well!
And woohoo congratulations on your acceptance to the research program! I never had a doubt you would be accepted! You are making the right decision. Do not second guess yourself. This is going to be a wonderful time in your life. I know it. I am so happy for you! Sending you warm hugs and much good luck on this next adventure. XOXO.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Morning nirdi's! @missy I love your turtleneck tank - I imagine they will look fabulous with some fun leggings! I just got some velvet pants/leggings that I'm liking so far. I'm looking forward to Christmas with family. This will be very low key and I'm thrilled.
@springerspaniel Congratulations on making a career move! I know it's scary but I'm sure you will soon look back and be so happy you did. You will do wonderful on your talk.
Love and hugs to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Congratulations and well done @springerspaniel, it’s always scary taking a leap of faith, but I’m sure you’ll do well. Good luck for tomorrow, we’ll all be rooting for you.

Aww shucks, thanks all, the matching costumes were pure chance, we didn’t know we had reverse outfits till we saw them on :lol:

Not sure the drinks will last @lambskin, @marcy and @missy so I may have to drink them for you, but rest assured, I’ll be thinking of you while I am :lickout:

What a great shot @missy, I love the low winter sun, and it sounds perfect to have the area all to yourselves.

I think spending is definitely a NIRDI skill @marcy, funny how it’s so easy compared to other things, and yes, another employee leaving is not your problem.

I instantly thought of you @bling_dream19 yesterday, when I saw eggnog cheesecake at the restaurant!!

Adam & Kim are off on their last dive, they’ve got some great footage of their dives with sharks, at wrecks and of a little turtle taking a fancy to Adam.

We’re having another busy day of sitting under the shade of the palm trees by the pool, reading and relaxing.

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I feel quite deflated to read about DF passing. We really are family here--so when one is no longer there.....an emptiness.

NIRDI shout out.

Stay safe and well folks. Truly.

kind regards--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I feel quite deflated to read about DF passing. We really are family here--so when one is no longer there.....an emptiness.

NIRDI shout out.

Stay safe and well folks. Truly.

kind regards--Sharon

I agree Sharon. I do feel like we are family.
And it’s tragic that Dancing Fire has died.
It reminds us of just how vulnerable we all are and how fast life can change. :(

Hug your loved ones a little tighter tonight.
We will keep his family in our thoughts. They must be devastated. My heart goes out to them.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In view of the sad death of Dancing Fire, I want to use the opportunity to tell each and every one of you, that I am so happy I found this forum. Whilst I haven’t ‘met’ you all, I truly think of you as friends, and you have made my life richer for knowing you.

Sorry for the mushy post, but as someone pointed out in his thread, we should tell those people who matter to us, whilst we have the opportunity.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy gorgeous pictures from your outing yesterday! LOL that spending money is a handy skill - we have to stick with our strengths, right? You are so right about we all vulnerable and lift can change in an instant.

@springerspaniel glad to hear you have some Snoopy decorations too - you can’t go far in our house without see Snoopy somewhere. I am lucky that Marty likes him too. Yes, I am sure I’ll keep busy as a retired lady. I am easily bored but also easily entertained. Woo hoo for being accepted to the research program! I am so excited for you! Congratulations!! Good luck with your talk tomorrow.

@bling_dream19 your leggings sound warm - now I want some. That’s great you have a low key Christmas planned. Enjoy!

@Austina thank you for taking care of our drinks for us! I feel better already. I would agree NIRDI’s probably all sharing the love of spending; it is necessary for gorgeous bling! Adam and Kim’s pictures from diving sound awesome. Glad you are totally relaxing and enjoying yourself. Like you said - I do feel like you ladies are friends and our daily blogs has certainly made a difference in my life.

@canuk-gal I’ve been wearing my yellow sapphire ring since you mentioned the gorgeous Tiffany yellow diamond, those bright yellow stones are so cheerful. Thanks! It is very sad about Dancing Fire.

I definitely have short timer disease and I had my work done well before 10 today. I went to lunch with a friend of mine at work and had a horrible wind gust kick up right as I was getting back in my car so I could hardly keep the door open. It was nuts. Stupid wind!! I saw later they recorded a 75 mph gust about then and I swear it was hitting my car. We had a last minute email that required me to stay late today but it was good training for the lady replacing me. I lifted when I got home and since I wasn’t too hungry I had an English muffin and piece of cheese for supper. Now I’m hungry. But the scale continues to go down a bit now and then so I won’t give in to temptation.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In view of the sad death of Dancing Fire, I want to use the opportunity to tell each and every one of you, that I am so happy I found this forum. Whilst I haven’t ‘met’ you all, I truly think of you as friends, and you have made my life richer for knowing you.

Sorry for the mushy post, but as someone pointed out in his thread, we should tell those people who matter to us, whilst we have the opportunity.

Same. 100% I feel the same. I am so grateful for each one of you. For your kindness, generosity and love. I have met many of you in real life and hope one day I can meet all of you in person. But even if I haven't met you in person we are truly friends. And words cannot fully express how grateful I am for your friendship and love. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Just a short post this morning.

@marcy lol I love the term you give your soon to be retirement feelings. Short timer disease haha. OMG it's so windy by you. Your wind has it all over our wind which is kicking my a** so I can only imagine how it is by you. There would not be cycling in Wyoming for us this time of year. That is for certain. Congrats on the scales going down but make sure you are eating well and getting sufficient nutrition. I hope your anemia is improving and I am keeping you in my thoughts. Have a wonderful Thursday.

@Austina wise words and I completely agree. I make sure to tell my loved ones how I feel often. There are no surprises with my feelings and my family knows how much I love them. I need to do better with my friends. And you girls are truly my friends. Love you girls. Enjoy the rest of your trip and be well.

@springerspaniel I hope you are still enjoying a high from all your good news. Celebrate every moment.

@sarahb dear NIRDI who named us. Thinking of you and wishing you a happy healthy holiday season.

@bling_dream19 warm hugs and well wishes and hope the rest of your week goes smoothly dear friend.

@Slick1 hope you are having a good week and that everyone is well. Hugs to you and Bear.

@canuk-gal I am thinking of you and hoping you are doing very well.

@MamaBee I am texting you later. Big hugs.

@rainwood you can read me. 100%. You don't even need to see my expression. I am forever grateful to PS for my friends here and forever thankful for meeting you.

@LLJsmom I don't think you read the NIRDI thread but it is appropriate for me to share my feelings here. You are a true friend and I am so grateful for having you in my life.

@Bayek ditto you don't read this thread very much but grateful to you and for our friendship.

@Jemi thinking of you and hoping life is treating you sweetly.

Junebug17, wishing you all the best.

@mrs-b my friend. Holding you close to my heart hoping you are feeling well and enjoying your loved ones.

Inevitably I am leaving some friends out and I apologize. I didnt sleep well at all. Partly due to finding out about DF's death
:( and partly due to me trying to force a shed which is not going well at all. Cramps at a 10 on a pain level of 1-10 and very little blood so far. Makes no sense but I know I have to be patient. If this fails I am going to ask my gynecologist for another ultrasound which she might very well refuse. I am not pleased with my current situation of doctors especially for gyn but I have no real options so must stick with this for now.

We had a good cycling day yesterday. Windy and cool but fun. It was so windy I didn't take but two photos.

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 5.47.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 5.46.19 AM.png

It was a hazy filtered sun but I will take it over no sun. Today is no sun but mild and very windy so going to cycle again today. Enjoy a wonderful day girls and remember I love you. Please be safe and well and enjoy. XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out.

@missy I wish you were not in pain and suffering in any way. Those facts are troubling for me--I just want to heal everyone and for everyone to feel at ease. I know your DH is present IRL for your love and comfort: and "we" are but a vibe, or word, or call away.

@marcy short timer disease is a real life experience! Please share that with the AMA! We are yellow sisters. And I think cold and snowy sisters as well. Geez why can't it just be all Tiffany and champagne?

@springerspaniel much success to your new endeavor! Hope your talk went well.

@Austina your family photo was great! May you have a billions more of those memories . Thanks for sharing--but of course I am a LOT envious of your warm temps.

@MamaBee will your DIL have to wait for Santa to deliver her new ring?

Long day for me. Need to check off several items before travelling a few hundred kms to see my Mom. Challenge to navigate a window in the weather. It will be bitterly cold to travel, but if we can avoid snow, then good.

Saw my surgeon today--3 weeks post op. All good. Cold and blowing snow today. Unfortunately I saw a pedestrian accident on my way...

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ugh @missy, I’m sorry things aren’t going as expected, why does life have to be so damn hard? I hope the forced shed gets underway and that you’re not in too much pain. I’m really appalled it’s so difficult for you to get the help you need.

Glad the post-op check up was good news, stay safe on your trip to visit your Mum.

I’m surprised you didn’t get blown away @marcy, those winds sound absolutely brutal. I bet you’re counting down the days, not long now before you’re a free woman.

Isn’t it strange that we’re all so affected by DF’s passing? I don’t know if it’s because he was the same age as me, or whether people affect us more than we realise, until something like this happens. I can’t even begin to imagine how his family are coping.

We went to the water park again today, OMG, I was terrified on one of the rides, I really thought I was going to fly out of the raft!

We ate in the Japanese restaurant this evening, the food was delicious.

We’re having our rapid antigen test tomorrow morning so we can get home - it still feels odd that home isn’t the UK anymore.

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I am so sorry you are in pain and the shed is not going well. Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping this gets behind you. My Short Timer Disease is also STD (ha ha) was BAD today. 1 week left. I got an email today that I can leave at 2:30 next Thursday so I’ll be free then. Woot! I would agree with you cycling here this time of year would be quite difficult. It’s hard to walk across the street. The highway department posted a video of a poor semi getting blown over - I can’t imagine how terrifying that would be. We have high wind warnings more often that not in our 10 day forecast. Phooey. My anemia is about the same but I do feel a bit less tired so that is some progress.

@canuk-gal have a safe trip to see your mom - I know you will both enjoy the visit! I agree we should Tiffany and Champagne sisters; this cold and snow is not nearly as much fun. Glad to hear you got a good report card from your surgeon! I hope that pedestrian wasn’t hurt too bad; how awful. I’ll find the AMA website and submit my disease. Ha Ha.

@Austina I am looking forward to being a free woman. This wind has been nuts! Oh no the ride was so scary today, I taught my nephews (much to my sister’s displeasure) to scream on rides to make them more fun. Glad you didn’t fly out of the raft. Dinner sounds great. Safe travels home. I bet it is strange that home is no longer the UK.

As it was yesterday; I had my work done by about 10 am so I watched a movie. I had things to do off and on all day but was mostly bored and cold. I picked up some things at Walgreens on the way home and ordered myself a pizza for supper. I didn’t feel like cooking and now I’ll have leftovers for lunch.

I pulled the 2 hams out of the freezer tonight since the family is coming for Christmas dinner on Sunday. I emptied the ice reservoir in the frig downstairs because I have no idea how old it is and nothing like ruing some ice tea or water with nasty tasting ice. Sounds like we’ll have 14 here this year. I still need to make mini cheesecakes and candy cane cookies. My family will complain loudly if I don’t have either of those on the menu.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I loved seeing the pic of you and your family. You look all look great! I love that you matched Kim!
We lived in Texas when I was in my thirties. There was a water park called the Schlitterbahn..My oldest son was eleven at the time. He was on the Lazy River in a big tube. Somehow there was a fork where you could go out into the river or stay on the path with the ride. He drifted over to the river opening..He panicked..He had to climb over a bank to get back in the park! Then I went on a water slide…I shot out like it was out of a cannon and landed face down in the water. I didn’t know which was way up..My five year old grabbed me and got me face up..lol We never went back..hahaha
I‘m glad you had a great time. I would love to go back to taking trips..even local ones. I‘m just worried that my immune system is a dud.
I‘m so upset about DF. It is so upsetting. He was so full of life..
@marcy It sounds like you will have a full house for Christmas! My son asked for cheesecake. I haven’t made one since I was in my thirties. I remember making it in a water bath. It was so good. My neighbor next door gave me the recipe. She was a home economics teacher. I told my son I will buy him one. I‘m going to try Costco..I heard they make great ones. That was a once in a life time miracle. I could never make one like that again haha
You will be a free woman soon! Yay!
Those winds sound bad! I can’t even imagine winds being strong enough to blow over a semi..
@missy I hope your cramping has calmed down today..:(2
I hope you can convince Greg..
@canuk-gal I’m happy you are feeling better. What wonderful news you will be able to visit your mom! She will be so happy to see you.
My DIL is already wearing her new diamond. They set it in her previous setting. I have a pic of it when they just placed it in a mock setting so she could see what it looks like. It’s a horrible photo so I didn’t want to share it. I don’t know how to discreetly take a pic of it at Christmas. I really don’t want her to know I’m on here..so I can‘t say I would like a pic to show my friends on PS..:lol: If I see it and it’s really pretty and sparkly in real life I’ll just chalk up the bad photo to just a bad pic. We know how hard it is to take a pic of diamonds even if we’re trying hard to get a good one.. I can’t wait to see it in person!
I tried out making one pizza dough..letting it rise..and then sticking it in the fridge until tomorrow. Every Christmas Eve I’m making pizzas like a pizzeria..I would like to just enjoy the time with everyone. I’m trying out making the dough the day before..sticking it in the refrigerator after the rise..and rolling it out tomorrow. This way if it works I can do it the day before the Eve..and just roll it out which is much easier than starting from scratch. I’m also going to make enough sauce for all of the pizzas. I just use a bit for the one tomorrow. I’ll freeze the rest for Christmas Eve.
Hi to @sarahb @bling_dream19 @springerspaniel @junebug17 @Calliecake @Slick1 and everyone else..I hope you’re all doing okay…
I’m beat..I’m heading to bed..zzzzzz

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY! How did friday get here so fast?

@marcy haha short timer disease makes me laugh. LOL. So the weirdest thing. The cramping stopped and no bleeding. That is actually bad because the goal was to stop P (which I did) and shed my lining. Well after that first day with a few drops and lots of cramping nothing now. Absolutely nothing. Leave it to my body to not behave. Sigh. I will give it another 4 days to bleed and if nothing happens I will go back on P because as I am off it my lining is growing. Not good. Shed darn lining shed. LOL. So remember Greg wants to retire too? Well thank goodness he is waiting at least til maybe next year we shall see. But they called him yesterday and giving him a sweet little bonus. Just nice to know he is appreciated. And working from home cmon you cannot beat that right? But he is ready soon and when he is I won't fight him. But we need the money for my medications and doctor visits haha. JK. I think...

Did you mention mini cheesecakes? Hmmm did I give you our beach address? :lol:
Christmas dinner sounds like it will be lots of fun. Enjoy. You are making me hungry with all that delish food you are making.

I am sorry you aren't making much headway with the anemia but glad you are feeling OK. I wish I could help you...what type of anemia do you have if you feel like talking about it. Also you can always just message me. I am here for you Marcy.

@Austina thank you. Yes you get it. I am appalled too. And they are less than helpful in many ways. I mean is it a huge deal to get the pelvic ultrasound? I don't even want to ask her if you want to know the truth. Forced shed isnt working but I am not giving up. Explanation above to Marcy. It's so weird. Big hugs to you and your family and sweet Bertie. Extra hugs to him please. And good luck with the rapid antigen test. And yes DF's passing is affecting us greatly. He was 2 months younger than Greg. It really is shocking. And of course I cannot help but wonder what the cause was...

@canuk-gal safe travels to your mom. So glad you are getting to see her. Yay for a good post op visit. Big hugs. Have a wonderful visit. XOXO

@MamaBee he's on board just not in a rush and given there is nothing available anyway right now I guess I have to just wait but oy. Thanks for the supportive chat. If anyone can get a photo of your DIL's ring you can. Cmon girl we are counting on you...no pressure. 8) Hugs and lots of dinosaur love. And yeah I am still thinking about DF. I feel so sad. I hope he knew how much we all cared but not sure he did. I wish we could always let people know how we feel about them. I try to. Good and Bad hahaha just ask some of them. :lol: I don't believe in holding back feelings. But I have never been fake. OK that's another topic for another day. Just to let you know you are not alone thinking about him.

@springerspaniel good morning! Lots of good things happening and looking forward to hearing more when you have time and want to share with us. Hug Freddie and Clyde for me please. I love them so much even though I have never met them.

@sarahb hope all is well. What are your holiday plans? XOXO

@rainwood thank you. You are a true friend through all of it. Words cannot express how much your friendship means to me. ((((Hugs))))

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY and hugs sweet friend.

@Slick1 woohoo it's FriYAY. I know you are looking forward to the holidays. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else.

So I emailed my parathyroid specialist yesterday. I have to repeat some blood work as Quest effed up. I need PTH with ionized Ca and serum Ca and storage and active D. They did all of it but didn't do PTH. It has to all be in the same blood draw. Oy to the vey. I am on high calcium supplementation and need to know if my PTH is behaving. If not I do need surgery. Arghhhh and ugghhhh. But LOL I am not panicking yet. But sheesh Quest what is wrong with you. I did blood work 9 days ago and no results regarding PTH so they screwed that up. That was the most important test. SMH. In the meantime I am mega dosing Ca and not happy about it. I have to wake up in the middle of the night to take it. Crazy right? Anyway that is my medical health update. One of them anyway :lol: Gotta laugh or I would never stop crying.

Update about the forced uterine shed explained above to Marcy.

We had a great ride yesterday. We hit 9400 miles on the bike. But after today the weather is becoming winter. 30s and freezing so probably no more riding this year after today. But it was a great run or rather ride and no complaints at all. It kept me (somewhat) sane.

Hope you enjoy a FriYay filled with lots of YAY and everything sweet. Big hugs to my sweet friends here.
Leaving you with a photo from our ride yesterday. It was very mild out. In fact we slept with the AC on last night. :)

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 5.36.23 AM.png

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello my NIRDI's!!!! Yes @missy, I remember sitting there & thinking lets just give this thread title an abbreviation instead of typing out the entire phrase. My marketing mind was telling me to abbreviate it into a catchy campaign type name ykwim...and it stuck LOL. :)

@bling_dream19, you shouldn't worry, as I bet 90% of the custom setting population feels the same! That being said, I think you made great design decisions as it looks just perfect! :)

@missy, love that top, how do you wear it? Under sweaters etc? Looks like you'll get a ton of use. I always wear a tank or teddy under my shirts here in the winter, that extra layer just feels good. Sorry for the bleeding, that has to be tiresome & a pain, hoping you can get it resolved soon. Yes to gorgeous weather and riding your bike, another positive. Sun again here yesterday but it will slide out of existence at least in the near term--love your photos, sky is always so blue--Oscar is a darling. And glad your call went well! I am so sorry you are going through this re your health. I hope you are feeling ok & not all crampy etc. I think, well at least you are exercising, hoping that can help mitigate your stress etc., but still, not fun at all what is happening, big hugs to you.

@marcy, love your new Snoopy, Charles Schultz really did a marvelous job with that whole gang, didn't he--love Charlie Brown. I've always told DH that I wanted a room with a view when I'm old & infirm. Your sunrise/set pic's are just gorgeous, thank you for sharing. Our wind has been crazy too, but I don't think we reached 154 mph gusts! Wow! Our weather is greatly influenced by the big lake so it adds a complexity to the weather fronts, interesting how 'things' work in that realm. And I totally LOL'd to your STD....so funny! The countdown is almost over, woo hoo!

@canuk-gal I am so sorry the frigid temps have arrived. Running errands etc with snow & ice on the ground really adds to the chore doesn't it. Slow & easy on your drive to see your mom. I had already left home, but my dad's job had the family transferred to Anchorage. I'll never forget getting off that plane at Christmas, & my mother greeting me with this huge parka to wear (it was -30!) to the car, & my breath freezing on my hair!!! Of course, the sun setting at 3p & never really rising much off the horizon at that time of the year there, crazy. Just could not get over the cold, let's hope winter isn't too bad for you this year.

Boy @Austina, do you ever look great in that bathing suit!! Good job sis! Hope Nassau was fun, talk about a relaxing trip, I'd love nothing more than to be on a beach & curl my toes in that warm sand!!

Talk about a gut punch reading that thread title from Wink the other night...I feel so bad for DF's family and yes, he was just so young. I did notice his visits to the board had ceased & I just thought he was busy etc. Never in my mind did I think he was sick....he really added to the forum, & will be missed...bless his heart.

Hope everyone has a good Friday. I do have a few errands to run this afternoon, & but must get my workout done first....so off I go, full body today. Be safe everyone!!
XOXO

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results