carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy glad you and Greg are getting out for walks. Great leggings. Sasha knows she is safe; too funny she wouldn’t move. I am glad the CT scan and US went okay; good luck with the doctor appointment next Tuesday.

@bling_dream19 darn that your Christmas leggings are thin; I had 3 layers of clothes on yesterday since with wind chill it felt like -10.

@MMtwo glad you got everything taken care of for your friend and nice it helps you out too.

@canuk-gal did you find a Sherpa to help guide you through all of that snow? We don’t have much snow on the ground right now but the cold and brutal wind are reminding us it’s winter.

@Austina Happy Anniversary to you and Colin! Oh no for smashing the top of your bedside chest. Good luck fixing that. Sorry the panic buying is rearing it’s ugly head again. I am totally with you that the press is the pits. Never let a good crisis go to waste and whip everyone in to a panic.

@mrs-b I hope your back is doing better today.

@MamaBee I’ve noticed empty shelves here too or things out of stock for pickup. Grr.

@springerspaniel I hope you are doing well.

I got off work early yesterday. Came home and made candy cane cookies and then made dinner rolls today. My baking is officially done!

I lifted today, finished and sent off my January article for the newspaper and considered doing laundry but resisted that temptation.

I had a 3 course meal for supper. An orange, a homemade roll and a candy cane cookie. 1 out of 3 was healthy. My tops are getting really baggy and loose on me but today when I was lifting my pants were dropping over my waist. That’s a good thing.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry merry everyone!!! Short post as our power and internet are out and my LTE is barely working. Soooo slowly. But I wanted to wish y’all a happy healthy holiday and upcoming new year!

As soon as power and internet are restored I’ll be back to longer posts. In the meantime wanted to send all my best and lots of love to each and every one of you. ❤️

Leaving you with Gracie helping us with the daily chores. Power or not life goes on. :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas, Happy Festivus! whatever! I'll be back later with a long post on what the heck has been going on... mishaps... trauma... and overall crazy times..

MERRY CHRISTMAS to the best of the BEST!!! women I know!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D59EEF36-B3DE-4B13-A0AD-CF5AAC258CEB.jpeg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy glad you and Greg are getting out for walks. Great leggings. Sasha knows she is safe; too funny she wouldn’t move. I am glad the CT scan and US went okay; good luck with the doctor appointment next Tuesday.

@bling_dream19 darn that your Christmas leggings are thin; I had 3 layers of clothes on yesterday since with wind chill it felt like -10.

@MMtwo glad you got everything taken care of for your friend and nice it helps you out too.

@canuk-gal did you find a Sherpa to help guide you through all of that snow? We don’t have much snow on the ground right now but the cold and brutal wind are reminding us it’s winter.

@Austina Happy Anniversary to you and Colin! Oh no for smashing the top of your bedside chest. Good luck fixing that. Sorry the panic buying is rearing it’s ugly head again. I am totally with you that the press is the pits. Never let a good crisis go to waste and whip everyone in to a panic.

@mrs-b I hope your back is doing better today.

@MamaBee I’ve noticed empty shelves here too or things out of stock for pickup. Grr.

@springerspaniel I hope you are doing well.

I got off work early yesterday. Came home and made candy cane cookies and then made dinner rolls today. My baking is officially done!

I lifted today, finished and sent off my January article for the newspaper and considered doing laundry but resisted that temptation.

I had a 3 course meal for supper. An orange, a homemade roll and a candy cane cookie. 1 out of 3 was healthy. My tops are getting really baggy and loose on me but today when I was lifting my pants were dropping over my waist. That’s a good thing.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Marcy

As my first boss told me: it is important to have a balanced diet! Fat, salt and sugar! Merry Christmas!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy Boxing Day!!!

I hope a happy Christmas FriYAY was enjoyed by my sweet friends here. XOXO.
We had our power restored so early and it was a Christmas miracle lol since JCP&L sent us two updates stating it might not be restored that day. Whew.

We stayed home since it was rainy and windy out and we were cozy and warm with the kitties playing board games. And we enjoyed my podiatrist's homemade wine. So good. All in all a quiet but cozy pandemic Christmas. We stayed home and didn't celebrate with our loved ones (who also all stayed at their respective homes) so we could celebrate with them when the pandemic is over.

@bling_dream19 happy Caturday Saturday my lovely beautiful friend. What a wonderful celebration you enjoyed coinciding with your one year anniversary.

@marcy glad you lifted and got your January newsletter finished. And what a yummy 3 course dinner you enjoyed woohoo. Thanks for the lovely words as always so appreciated. Hope you enjoy a relaxing weekend.

@MMtwo happy weekend. Hope your Xmas celebration was joyous. Hope your family is well and that your niece is fully recovered.

@SallyBrown hope all is well and that your surgery goes as planned. Continued well wishes going your way.

@mrs-b I am keeping you in my thoughts and sending so many healing wishes your way dear friend. You are adored and loved and not just by Tim but by all of us. All that good energy is going to keep you warm and safe and things are going to get better. I believe that completely.

@canuk-gal how is your mom doing? Hope you had a warm wonderful holiday with yummy food.

@springerspaniel hope you enjoyed a lovely Christmas and are enjoying a lovely weekend.

@Austina how is Bertie doing? Hope you and Colin and Adam and Kim enjoyed a wonderful holiday and got to video chat.

@MamaBee woohoo wonderful gift from your DH and it proves (IMO) how much he adores and loves you. Actions always speak louder than words. I am so thrilled for you. I was on a high for hours afterwards. Hahaha. We really do live vicariously through each other's blingy purchases.

@Slick1 yay so glad your power got restored quickly and hope yesterday went well for J. And that you all enjoyed a wonderful day together.

@Scandinavian yes life is all about balance my sweet friend. Hope you and yours are doing well. That is a beautiful Christmas gift. Wear in good health and blingy joy.

@Bayek happy Caturday Saturday. Hope all the trials and tribulations are behind you and only good things are coming. It's been quite a year. You are great Kate though and you got this.

@sarahb sending you many good wishes and lots of love and looking forward to pandemic free times.

@MJ_Mac hope all is going well and you are having a good December.

@junebug17 hope you had a good time with your children and all is well.

@LLJsmom merry Christmas and happy weekend and lots of love.

@rainwood let me know if you do make those. I am already salivating lol. Sending you lots of love and blingy joy though you are well covered in the blingy joy department haha.

@MarionC glad you enjoyed a warm wonderful Christmas. Sending you lots of love across the many miles.

@Daisys and Diamonds Nicky sweet lady sending you many good wishes and lots of holiday cheer. You are in my thoughts. And maybe one day we can see Bruce together.

Hi to everyone else. Sending you all many good wishes and big hugs across the miles. Enjoy a wonderful weekend. Caturday Saturday and big dog Sunday. Leaving you with some more holiday cheer. XOXOXOXO.

Last night we were all comfy cozy and hanging out and Oliver and Tommy had a rare peaceful moment.
:lol:

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 7.27.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 7.27.24 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and one more thing.

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 7.32.35 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Boxing Day!

Woohoo, that’s good news that your power restored earlier than expected @missy, well done to your power company. It sounds like a lovely day, just relaxing and making the most of things.

Absolutely lovely @Scandanavian, your DH has earned himself many brownie points for such a beautiful gift :mrgreen:

I hope you enjoyed your first Christmas in your beautiful new home @Bayek, the first of many to come.

I’m glad you managed to get all your baking done @marcy, hopefully that meant you had a more relaxed Christmas Day.

Despite Gary’s mornings, I hope you managed to enjoy your Christmas @Daisys and Diamonds.

I hope you and your DH has a lovely day together @bling_dream19.

I hope the day went well for you @junebug17 and you got to spend time with DS & DD.

How’s your neck feeling @canuk-gal, I hope it didn’t spoil your Christmas Day?

We went for a walk yesterday, I wore my Santa bopping headband, and Colin had on his antlers with bells on, made people smile as we walked past them :lol: It was bitterly cold, and we felt quite numb when we got home. We had a nice meal, didn’t over eat, and as soon as we’d finished clearing up, Adam and Kim FT. We chatted with them and got to see Bertie, who was dropping copious hints by picking up Adam’s shoes and running around with them. We left them as they were about to take him out. He’s made a few friends in the neighbourhood, a doodle named Bruno and a large female retriever. Kim even said one of the local residents complimented her on how well behaved he was.

The wind is whipping up here, Colin’s gone out to get a newspaper, while I’m in the process of getting lunch ready - yesterday’s leftovers :lickout: Love cold turkey and bubble & squeak.

I couldn’t think of a thing I wanted for Christmas, so Colin got me nothing :lol: I got him a book, an autobiography of a rugby player, which he was pleased with. Adam made a donation in my name to the Austin Shelter that Bertie came from.

As we were going up to bed last night, it struck me that this is, hopefully, our last Christmas here, and next year, we won’t be alone. :dance:

Happy Caturday lovely NIRDIs, have a good one :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn’t think of a thing I wanted for Christmas, so Colin got me nothing :lol: I got him a book, an autobiography of a rugby player, which he was pleased with. Adam made a donation in my name to the Austin Shelter that Bertie came from.

Aww I love that Adam made that gift for you. Knowing how much you adore animals and care about the rescues that is the most thoughtful gift. :love: You raised such a wonderful son @Austina. From my heart I mean that. It is so amazing to see when we are in a world where there are so many disappointments you and Colin raised a wonderful son.

As for Colin getting you nothing well, you know how I feel about that. It's not one occasion/gift that shows how much they love us but their every day actions and you have a cup that runneth over with love and adoration. ❤️

Greg hasn't gotten me a gift yet either but with any luck the gift I have my eye (and ears haha) on will come to fruition...you girls will find out first after I do that is. I'll keep you posted...please cross your fingers for me. :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know @missy, I just didn’t think there was any point in him buying me something for the sake of it. I know when I see something I want, he’ll be more than happy to get it for me. Like you, I don’t need ‘things’ to prove love. I’m glad Adam made the donation, at least I know that it’s doing some good. The shelter has had a big intake, which will no doubt only get bigger after Christmas, so it’s going to do some good.

I’m looking forward to seeing your new earrings, is it today they’re supposed to be coming?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know @missy, I just didn’t think there was any point in him buying me something for the sake of it. I know when I see something I want, he’ll be more than happy to get it for me. Like you, I don’t need ‘things’ to prove love. I’m glad Adam made the donation, at least I know that it’s doing some good. The shelter has had a big intake, which will no doubt only get bigger after Christmas, so it’s going to do some good.

I’m looking forward to seeing your new earrings, is it today they’re supposed to be coming?

Aww no. It’s not definite yet. I’m waiting for the weight to make sure they’re not too heavy for my weak lobes. I’m keeping my fingers crossed because I love them. Like you, I hadn’t seen anything that I loved or wanted this year til these and initially I dismissed it due to the cost. Way over what I wanted to spend.

But I guess they were calling my name haha cause I kept going back to them. And comparing all others to these. Now just waiting to see if they are not too heavy for me. I’m on pins and needles :lol: but this is the kind of pins and needles I’m good with if you kwim.

I’ll keep you posted.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy Boxing Day NIRDI's!!!!!! It is chilly today/overcast and snowed overnight. It will continue to snow lightly throughout the day, But Christmas Day was lovely and bright!!!

I didn't get anything for Christmas--but then again, I never do. We usually get what we want throughout the year so no pressure--and I never make requests. There were gifts to open--my work colleague got me a cute gift that was very thoughtful. And my family loved their crazy socks and lounge wear!!! We are easy to please.

@missy--my sister took food and gifts to my Mother yesterday and today my other sister will go. They are my Mother's 2 allowed/bubble. My Mom put up her tree and I miss how cozy it always is there. Hopefully Easter we can be together!!!

@Austina I am thrilled with your families new fur baby. What a great choice--sweet little face!

Hope everyone is safe and well. We are enjoying our time together--eating and drinking lots and watching sports and movies. I will get my favorite thin crust pizza today--takeout.

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo @missy, just saw your other post, so glad the earrings have worked out, they’re the most stunning pair I’ve ever seen :kiss2: :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy big dog Sunday. I am dedicating today's post to Bertie. The newest addition to the NIRDI family. You are @Austina's grandson but you have also gained a lot of NIRDI aunts too. :)

@marcy how did your candy cane cookies come out? And wow you're done with baking already. Is it just me or did this holiday go super fast? I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend and with zero work interruptions. Sending you lots of hugs and holiday cheer.

@missy--my sister took food and gifts to my Mother yesterday and today my other sister will go. They are my Mother's 2 allowed/bubble. My Mom put up her tree and I miss how cozy it always is there. Hopefully Easter we can be together!!!

That is wonderful news Sharon! I am so happy your mom isn't alone during the holidays and it is super smart how you guys are working this out. Keeping her safe and sound and still surrounded by family. And yes, Easter you will all be together. We will all be together with our loved ones this Easter g-d willing. Some good news. My pharmacy thinks they will have the vaccine in sometime in February. I called in my med refill and that is what the automated recording said before I could order my refill. It also said they are waiting to see what the government says about who can get the vaccination first so even if they get it in February we might (most likely) have to wait beyond that. But I do hope they get it in February woohoo. Wouldn't that be amazing? Hugs to you Sharon.

@bling_dream19 I hope you are having a fanastic weekend lovely lady. And enjoying just being off work with your DH. XOXO.

@Slick1 gorgeous photo of the Promenade. I miss Brooklyn. I am glad you had a wonderful Saturday. And thank you for always making time for your friends. XOXO.

@MamaBee how was your day yesterday? I hope you had a lot of fun thinking about your upgrade. I know I am haha. Thank you for your enthusiasm and warm support. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. XOXO.

@springerspaniel hope your holiday weekend is going well and life is treating you sweetly. Hugs.

@Keeliamira hope your healing is going very smoothly and you are enjoying a wonderful time with the family. Hugs.

@Bayek big hugs and holiday cheer continuing your way. Great Kate.

@mrs-b continuing good thoughts for you and hoping your back is feeling better. Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and love.

@Scandinavian looks like you had a blingy Christmas and you deserve lots of blingy joy. Hugs to you and the kids and your DH and your mom too. What are you doing for school during the pandemic? Is it online like it is here or are they going in person?

Woohoo @missy, just saw your other post, so glad the earrings have worked out, they’re the most stunning pair I’ve ever seen :kiss2: :dance:

Thank you dear @Austina for sharing in my excitement. It feels good to be happy excited about something. It's been a challenging two years and looks like 2021 will continue to be challenging but I am hopeful things will be A OK after we have the necessary medical/surgical treatment. Fingers and toes and everything crossed. In the meantime for the girls who haven't seen my post in that other thread. May I present my newest bling purchase. Due to arrive Wednesday so these are Grace's photos.

4.52ctwOldEuropeanStuds.jpg

4.52ctwOldEuropeanStudsprofile.jpg

4.52ctwOldEuropeanStudsbackofearrings.jpg

4.52onmodel.jpg

4.52CTW EDWARDIAN OLD EUROPEAN DIAMOND EARRINGS, GIA K VVS2

Hi to everyone else. Yesterday we enjoyed a very long hike. More arduous than our usual hike. We usually hike intermediate level but we decided to go for an advanced route and well, I re-injured my ankle. I think it is a tendon (or is it a ligament) and it has been bothering me on and off since April when I twisted it while we were walking in Brooklyn. Yeah I am Queen Klutz for sure. But I was very careful when we were hiking yesterday as I always am now. It was just the steepness of the hike and going down put too much pressure on it. Oh well. I will wear an ankle brace today as I am hoping we can go on another hike. When the weather is decent (even if it is cold which it is) I don't want to stay inside.

Have a wonderful Sunday lovely ladies. Sending you all big hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 more photos. Of our hike yesterday. Haha I swear I am not just hiking to get bling pics. Or am I? 8)

hikeinwoodswithlowsundecember2020.png

My fingers get swollen like sausages during our hikes.:knockout:
Just focus on Bubbalah :)
bubbalahhikinginwoodsswollenfingers.png
Please excuse my super dry hands. Winter is a constant battle keeping them from being so dry especially with washing them constantly.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 6.22.32 AM.png

OK, that's all from me for now... have a super Sunday girls. XOXO.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Lovelies!

Happy Sunday. Sipping the morning coffee and dropping in for a hello! I enjoy reading this thread so much, even if I go quiet on and off.

@mrs-b I am sorry to read you are in so much pain. Hope you find relief and comfort soon.

@missy Oh sweetheart, those STUDS! I missed the other thread, so glad you shared them here. They are beautiful! They will go so well with Bubullah. Glad to see your power is back on. I am glad that you had heat available, but it is still such a pain to be without electricity. The Gracie pictures are so cute. She is obviously taking notes on how to play board games and help out around the kitchen.
Sending positive healthy mojo to you and Greg.

@Austina I am so happy the kids are adopting Bertie. That sweet baby deserves a wonderful home. Her temperament seems very sweet, and those eyes are so kind. Some dogs just have eyes that communicate they are trying to be the very best possible doggo. <3. Thanks for helping out with your location. I am happy to hear you will be closer to the family next year.
This year has been so hard in isolation from family.

@Bayek I hope the head is feeling better now. Your home is so beautiful. I hope things are coming together and you are finding time to relax during a busy move. So much stuff at once, this will be a year to remember.

@Scandinavian the bracelet is beautiful. I love such a soft and graceful look. The color of the diamonds and gold are harmonious on your skin. This may read a little "over the top" excited for you, but honestly, I like it that much.

@marcy glad your beautiful new ring can come out to play now! Glad you had a good time with the party.

I've been up to nothing exciting. Cooking and baking...aka Christmas Magic staff support. Almost made a second batch of sugar cookies yesterday. I opened the oven and found an entire tray of sugar cookies I had forgotten to take out. They were perfectly baked (I had turned off the oven and wandered off, apparently). Ugh...I hate my forgetful brain. So...more cookies! I made Steven helicopter cookies...but they are rather thin at the propellers, so we had quite a few fatal accidents....broken cookies. Just so 2020.

I had a pearl year. These are not Christmas presents...except to me from me, but I cannot quit staring at the gold south sea earrings. I picked up a pendant to go with it that should be here next week. I am still like a little kid excited. The photo in the morning light made the paper look gold too - I don't know why. I didn't use any filters or anything.

20201227_085516.jpg

20201227_094019.jpg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Morning Lovelies!

Happy Sunday. Sipping the morning coffee and dropping in for a hello! I enjoy reading this thread so much, even if I go quiet on and off.

@mrs-b I am sorry to read you are in so much pain. Hope you find relief and comfort soon.

@missy Oh sweetheart, those STUDS! I missed the other thread, so glad you shared them here. They are beautiful! They will go so well with Bubullah. Glad to see your power is back on. I am glad that you had heat available, but it is still such a pain to be without electricity. The Gracie pictures are so cute. She is obviously taking notes on how to play board games and help out around the kitchen.
Sending positive healthy mojo to you and Greg.

@Austina I am so happy the kids are adopting Bertie. That sweet baby deserves a wonderful home. Her temperament seems very sweet, and those eyes are so kind. Some dogs just have eyes that communicate they are trying to be the very best possible doggo. <3. Thanks for helping out with your location. I am happy to hear you will be closer to the family next year.
This year has been so hard in isolation from family.

@Bayek I hope the head is feeling better now. Your home is so beautiful. I hope things are coming together and you are finding time to relax during a busy move. So much stuff at once, this will be a year to remember.

@Scandinavian the bracelet is beautiful. I love such a soft and graceful look. The color of the diamonds and gold are harmonious on your skin. This may read a little "over the top" excited for you, but honestly, I like it that much.

@marcy glad your beautiful new ring can come out to play now! Glad you had a good time with the party.

I've been up to nothing exciting. Cooking and baking...aka Christmas Magic staff support. Almost made a second batch of sugar cookies yesterday. I opened the oven and found an entire tray of sugar cookies I had forgotten to take out. They were perfectly baked (I had turned off the oven and wandered off, apparently). Ugh...I hate my forgetful brain. So...more cookies! I made Steven helicopter cookies...but they are rather thin at the propellers, so we had quite a few fatal accidents....broken cookies. Just so 2020.

I had a pearl year. These are not Christmas presents...except to me from me, but I cannot quit staring at the gold south sea earrings. I picked up a pendant to go with it that should be here next week. I am still like a little kid excited. The photo in the morning light made the paper look gold too - I don't know why. I didn't use any filters of anything.

20201227_085516.jpg

20201227_094019.jpg

Gorgeous pear earrings ❤️ They suit your complexion so beautifully. :love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I just love everything about your earrings @missy, the setting is beautiful, so graceful and elegant.

Wow @MMtwo, those golden south sea pearls are TDF, they’re the perfect size on you, and woohoo to finding a matching pendant. Your cookie story reminds me of the time we had friends over for dinner, and I forgot that I had potatoes in the oven. I found them the next day, and some time after, our friends said they thought it was unusual that I hadn’t served any potatoes with the meal :lol: We too are delighted that Adam and Kim have decided to adopt Bertie, he’s such a sweet boy, and so clever too.

Thanks for the Bertie love @MamaBee. How was your day, did everything go smoothly on Christmas Day?

That‘s good news your Mum was able to see your sisters, even if you couldn’t see her yourself @canuk-gal Keeping the elderly and vulnerable safe is what it’s all about, even it it stinks not being about to see our loved ones.

I hope you had a stressfree Christmas @marcy.

How was your first Christmas in your new home @Bayek?

We went out for a walk this morning, it was biting cold, but it felt good to get outside, lots of people had the same idea, we had to keep switching which side of the road we were walking on to avoid other people.

Kim sent us a video yesterday, I’d suggested they try some simple agility for Bertie, he’s got lots of energy to burn off. She set up a tunnel with some garden furniture, and encouraged him to crawl through with some treats. He did it twice, and got lots of praise, so he did it again without being asked for a third time :lol:

It’s been strange Christmas falling on a Friday, we don’t know what day of the week it is.

It’s a holiday here tomorrow to compensate for Boxing Day falling on a Saturday, not that it makes any difference to us, every day is a holiday at the moment.

More good news about the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine getting approval in a couple of days, bring it on, we’re waiting!

:wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy big dog Sunday. I am dedicating today's post to Bertie. The newest addition to the NIRDI family. You are @Austina's grandson but you have also gained a lot of NIRDI aunts too. :)

@marcy how did your candy cane cookies come out? And wow you're done with baking already. Is it just me or did this holiday go super fast? I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend and with zero work interruptions. Sending you lots of hugs and holiday cheer.

That is wonderful news Sharon! I am so happy your mom isn't alone during the holidays and it is super smart how you guys are working this out. Keeping her safe and sound and still surrounded by family. And yes, Easter you will all be together. We will all be together with our loved ones this Easter g-d willing. Some good news. My pharmacy thinks they will have the vaccine in sometime in February. I called in my med refill and that is what the automated recording said before I could order my refill. It also said they are waiting to see what the government says about who can get the vaccination first so even if they get it in February we might (most likely) have to wait beyond that. But I do hope they get it in February woohoo. Wouldn't that be amazing? Hugs to you Sharon.

@bling_dream19 I hope you are having a fanastic weekend lovely lady. And enjoying just being off work with your DH. XOXO.

@Slick1 gorgeous photo of the Promenade. I miss Brooklyn. I am glad you had a wonderful Saturday. And thank you for always making time for your friends. XOXO.

@MamaBee how was your day yesterday? I hope you had a lot of fun thinking about your upgrade. I know I am haha. Thank you for your enthusiasm and warm support. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. XOXO.

@springerspaniel hope your holiday weekend is going well and life is treating you sweetly. Hugs.

@Keeliamira hope your healing is going very smoothly and you are enjoying a wonderful time with the family. Hugs.

@Bayek big hugs and holiday cheer continuing your way. Great Kate.

@mrs-b continuing good thoughts for you and hoping your back is feeling better. Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and love.

@Scandinavian looks like you had a blingy Christmas and you deserve lots of blingy joy. Hugs to you and the kids and your DH and your mom too. What are you doing for school during the pandemic? Is it online like it is here or are they going in person?

Thank you dear @Austina for sharing in my excitement. It feels good to be happy excited about something. It's been a challenging two years and looks like 2021 will continue to be challenging but I am hopeful things will be A OK after we have the necessary medical/surgical treatment. Fingers and toes and everything crossed. In the meantime for the girls who haven't seen my post in that other thread. May I present my newest bling purchase. Due to arrive Wednesday so these are Grace's photos.

4.52ctwOldEuropeanStuds.jpg

4.52ctwOldEuropeanStudsprofile.jpg

4.52ctwOldEuropeanStudsbackofearrings.jpg

4.52onmodel.jpg

4.52CTW EDWARDIAN OLD EUROPEAN DIAMOND EARRINGS, GIA K VVS2

Hi to everyone else. Yesterday we enjoyed a very long hike. More arduous than our usual hike. We usually hike intermediate level but we decided to go for an advanced route and well, I re-injured my ankle. I think it is a tendon (or is it a ligament) and it has been bothering me on and off since April when I twisted it while we were walking in Brooklyn. Yeah I am Queen Klutz for sure. But I was very careful when we were hiking yesterday as I always am now. It was just the steepness of the hike and going down put too much pressure on it. Oh well. I will wear an ankle brace today as I am hoping we can go on another hike. When the weather is decent (even if it is cold which it is) I don't want to stay inside.

Have a wonderful Sunday lovely ladies. Sending you all big hugs.

Wow! Just wow! I’m speechless

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy (I hope) Monday for all.
We went out for a walk this morning, it was biting cold, but it felt good to get outside, lots of people had the same idea, we had to keep switching which side of the road we were walking on to avoid other people.

Kim sent us a video yesterday, I’d suggested they try some simple agility for Bertie, he’s got lots of energy to burn off. She set up a tunnel with some garden furniture, and encouraged him to crawl through with some treats. He did it twice, and got lots of praise, so he did it again without being asked for a third time :lol:

It’s been strange Christmas falling on a Friday, we don’t know what day of the week it is.

It’s a holiday here tomorrow to compensate for Boxing Day falling on a Saturday, not that it makes any difference to us, every day is a holiday at the moment.

More good news about the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine getting approval in a couple of days, bring it on, we’re waiting!

It has been (and continues to be) a weird December and weird year. I often have to think what day is it as I forget. One day running into another. Fingers crossed the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine gets approved and distributed and help smash down the pandemic. Glad you enjoyed a walk yesterday. It helps (for me at least) to soothe the soul. Bertie is a smart and sweet and energetic grandson. Hugs to all of you.

I had a pearl year. These are not Christmas presents...except to me from me, but I cannot quit staring at the gold south sea earrings. I picked up a pendant to go with it that should be here next week. I am still like a little kid excited. The photo in the morning light made the paper look gold too - I don't know why. I didn't use any filters or anything.

Those earrings are incredible. That color. :love: Looks just beautiful on you and dare I say perfect. I really love those pearl earrings on you. :appl: And your cookies (despite the mishap with one batch and the broken propellors) sound so yummy. We didn't do Christmas cookies this year and I miss it. Too much going on with us however to be in the mood t bake right now. Hopefully after all the brouhaha has settled down sometime mid 2021 I hope. I just want Greg to be OK and for us to sort out all our health issues successfully.:pray:

HI:

Good thing I have a sound heart!! @missy THOSE STUDS!!!!!!!! OIHMIGOD!:kiss2:

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon! It makes me smile to have my friends share in my excitement.

Wow! Just wow! I’m speechless

Thanks @Scandinavian I remember the last time I went stud shopping was with you (and your sweet family) for you and I remember that time fondly. Looking forward to a repeat experience with you though not for studs but for another piece of bling perhaps. I hope you are still wearing and enjoying your beatiful diamond studs.

Hey @Slick1 hope you had sweet dreams last night. Have a wonderful Monday.

@MamaBee hope you also enjoyed sweet dreams last night. And are dreaming of ring upgrades. Hope you are off to a good start this week.

@Bayek how are you feeling sweet Kate?

@bling_dream19 happy Monday. Have a wonderful week.

@springerspaniel hope your holiday was wonderful and you accomplished all you wanted to and also enjoyed some peace and relaxation and family time.

@marcy how did your weekend and family celebration go?

Hi to everyone else. Hope you enjoyed a lovely weekend. XOXO.

We walked on the beach to get our steps in and it was really lovely and not too cold. I couldn't help but take a few Bubbalah videos lol. Today is a bit colder and windier but hoping to get out for a walk.

I applied sunblock to my hands yesterday just because when I applied it to my face I had extra and rubbed in on my hands. Big mistake. Made my hands look so wrinkly lol. Nevertheless I left it on. :)
As always, no photo editing of color at all. Just cropped. Look at the beautiful sky and sea.
bubbalahatthesea.png

Greg chopped (with a saw actually) down 2 trees on our property yesterday due to the storm on Christmas Eve killing them sadly. We hope to replant. We have a huge tree in our front yard we are trying to save at great expense. I hope we can save that one. It is a large beautiful tree.

During our beach (part wooded area too) walk we ran into 3 deer. Two babies and a mother and it was breathtaking to see.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 8.15.38 AM.png

I am on pins and needles about my med and getting it approved and delivered by the pharmacy in a timely fashion. I am angry I have to worry about this when we are dealing with so much other stuff and this shouldn't be even an issue. I am almost to the point I want to pay out of pocket to eliminate the insurance and pharmacy conflict but I am already paying out of pocket for my BHRT which is like $200 per month IIRC. I've only done a month so I don't remember the exact number but it was more than I liked. But my thyroid meds would be considerably more expensive so I just want to get it covered and not have to call the pharmacy for a refill for 22 and a half days every 22 days. That's insane. :(

Thanks for listening and as always thanks for all your caring support and kindness. I appreciate everyone here who posts and who doesn't post but acknowledges posts. It means a lot just knowing we have each other's back in a way.

Sending you all hugs and many good wishes and the hope for a better brighter and safer 2021. ((((Hugs)))).

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@Austina thank you so much. Those earrings are the first piece of jewelry that has made me excited for weeks in a long time. That's such a good thing right now because so much to make us feel glum. I will take sunny, happy ANYTHING. Distractions are so welcome.
Your potato story is great. I love the fact they mentioned the lack of potatoes was. Sometimes little "oopsies" make life fun. I used to watch my Mom do the same sort of things and would SWEAR I would not be like that someday. heh. Bertie sounds so smart - learning the routine that fast - that's awesome. They are going to be so happy with him. A smart boy too.

Glad to hear about the Oxford vaccines - they are so welcome!

@missy thank you, thank you! I had ordered some really yucky champaign pearl studs on sale, and then I saw these little sunshine balls and sent the others back and I have been so happy ever since. Thanks for listening to me carry on about a pair of pearl earrings. HA. I figure my obsessing is safe here with you ladies.

Your beach picture is so beautiful. I hope it is as soothing as it looks. Worried about you and all of the stress with all of the challenges right now. I don't know who you use, but I had a doctor tell me to check cash prices at Costco pharmacy for some of my pills. I saved quite a bit paying cash on one of my scripts - so much that it was cheaper to pay cash than to run it through the insurance. Of course, your mileage may vary, but if it could help....?

Counting down to a healthier 2021 with all of the NIRDI.

Have a good week, Ladies!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MMtwo great minds. :)
I did check Costco earlier and it’s reasonable. Affordable. It’s just a large number of pills so not sure how hard it would be to get with them. I appreciate you brainstorming for me. XO.❤️

As for bling and obsession yasss. I not only get it I support it. Makes life enjoyable. :kiss:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Biopsy shows it is Papillary Thyroid cancer and the entire Thyroid needs to come out. And his parathryoids are enlarged as well as evidenced by his CT scan. Surgeon just called. He wants to save one parathryoid so hopefully he can.
Just praying the cancer hasn't spread but we won't know til the surgery.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Biopsy shows it is Papillary Thyroid cancer and the entire Thyroid needs to come out. And his parathryoids are enlarged as well as evidenced by his CT scan. Surgeon just called. He wants to save one parathryoid so hopefully he can.
Just praying the cancer hasn't spread but we won't know til the surgery.

I'm so sorry for you both. That is just scary to deal with. Sending HUGS.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @missy, I am thinking about you and Greg. The statistics are on your side, but I know that doesn't mean a heck of a lot until you have the actual data about metastasis, and it certainly does not alleviate the extreme anxiety and fear you both are probably feeling right now. You are both strong and healthy people, and have been doing all that you can to stay that way, so that is also on your side. I should shut up now and just send you all the positive healing energy I can. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. You both are such warm and wonderful people and I am sorry you are in such pain right now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results