carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy I am sorry for the cancer diagnosis--but this is such a (well) treatable type. Having surgery sucks tho, however I suspect you are in very good hands. So much on your plates!

@NIDI shoutout!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry @missy, what are the pharmacy playing at? It’s just beyond belief they are messing you around like this. Oy, to yet more worrying news about Greg, but I’m determined to only think positively, and believe that everything will go well and the thyroid and tumour will be completely removed. This year has been a total sh*tstorm, especially for you, thank goodness it’s almost over.

If you can’t share your bling excitement with us @MMtwo, who can you? It’s lovely to find something that makes your heart sing.

It’s been a wet, cold day here, so we’ve just stayed in and had a really lazy day.

Latest figures are really bad here, and I expect they’ll be even worse when the Christmas mixing takes it‘s toll.

Keep safe and well lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Where is our French ami ???????

cheers--Sharon

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Scandinavian I remember the last time I went stud shopping was with you (and your sweet family) for you and I remember that time fondly. Looking forward to a repeat experience with you though not for studs but for another piece of bling perhaps. I hope you are still wearing and enjoying your beatiful diamond studs.

A very happy memory and yes indeed I do =)2=)2=)2

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Biopsy shows it is Papillary Thyroid cancer and the entire Thyroid needs to come out. And his parathryoids are enlarged as well as evidenced by his CT scan. Surgeon just called. He wants to save one parathryoid so hopefully he can.
Just praying the cancer hasn't spread but we won't know til the surgery.

I’m really sorry @missy ! But you will prevail preserve and move forward! Soon, it will be a new year !!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, @NIRDIs! And greetings from the land of ice packs and back braces!

Firstly....oh MISSY!! Those EARRINGS!! HOLY COW! Was this a Christmas gift from Greg! Or just a "This year has sucked and I need major bling!" purchase? I can support both of those, for sure! Can you pls tell us how his kidneys are going, post his last procedure? I've been concentrating on his thyroid issues, but I know the kidney stones are an issue as well. And how are YOU feeling? Thyroid issues are like being lost in a sea of exhaustion - how are you holding up? I was pretty much in awe of your hike the other day - and I hope your ankle is feeling better VERY soon!

@Bayek - you're in now, yes? How is it going? You mentioned mishaps and general craziness - sounds like every move I've ever done! I hope things calm down VERY soon! When we move home to Australia (not any time soon) we'll be going up a story on our house. When I have my first nervous breakdown I'll be thinking of you!!

@canuk-gal - did you get the ultrasound results back? My apologies if I've missed that - I can't sit for long, so am not online for long at a time. How is it feeling? A painful neck has the ability to wreck one's day, for sure.

@Scandinavian - LOVE it! Can you tell me what those stones are? I'm guessing...warm diamonds? In rose gold, perhaps? Either way - GORGEOUS!

@MMtwo - I love those pearl studs! I have a lovely pair of SS goldens, too, and they're just SO wearable! And - your face is lovely! And those pearls go perfectly with your coloring. Good choice!

@bling_dream19 - hugs to you, dear lady! I hope all is well in your world.

@Austina - where do you live? The references to rugby and bubble and squeak make me wonder if you're in the southern hemisphere - but the cold weather makes me think....the UK? And your new grand-dog sounds like a love! Welcome, Bertie!

@marcy - any progress on the insurance aspect of Marty's car? Bad time of year for it, I'm guessing - to say nothing of it being a bad year for it altogether! I hope you're making progress and that your insurance co. is coming to the party.

I'm trying to keep my exercise up - to say nothing of dropping the lbs I put on over Christmas. General junk food is now gone so we're slowly moving back to keto. Have also decided I'm going to get a second opinion on my back. The procedure this current surgeon thinks I should have is different to the procedure I think I need. So I need a third option in the mix before I decide how to proceed. In the meantime, it's a combination of back brace, ice, gentle yoga, slow walking and physical therapy Ah! What it is to be an old lady!.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian - LOVE it! Can you tell me what those stones are? I'm guessing...warm diamonds? In rose gold, perhaps? Either way - GORGEOUS
Clever you! They are “champagne” Argyle diamonds in rose gold =)2 I’m very happy with them so far! DH had it shipped in for me as a surprise Christmas present:)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm so sorry about the diagnosis - it's hard getting confirmation and I know it feels scary...but this is a very treatable cancer and there's a really good chance Greg will have the surgery and be ok. I know it's a lot to process though. Sending you and Greg comfort and many good thoughts.

Will BBL to catch up...

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So - because I can't sit for long at the moment, I started the above post this morning, and only hit enter late this afternoon. In between, a bunch of people posted and I've just read their posts.

@missy - I'm so sorry for all you and Greg are going through. The enlarged parathyroids sound worrisome. I'll be glad when you're a month in the future and you have a better idea what you're dealing with and Greg is a couple of weeks post surgery. In the meantime, my thoughts are with you both.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Clever you! They are “champagne” Argyle diamonds in rose gold =)2 I’m very happy with them so far! DH had it shipped in for me as a surprise Christmas present:)

The warmth of those diamonds and the gold makes the bracelet do delicate and romantic. I really love the color against your skin.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The warmth of those diamonds and the gold makes the bracelet do delicate and romantic. I really love the color against your skin.

Thank you !!!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
@missy gentle (((hugs))) and good vibes being sent to you and Greg.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
By the way, in the midst of everything else, I wanted to make sure I admire everyone's new beautiful jewelry!
@Scandinavian your bracelet is gorgeous!
@mrs-b I love your opal drops!
@missy those OEC earrings are spectacular!
@MMtwo what lovely golden pearls!
@marcy I do love that color of sapphire and am partial to rings myself!
Woops, DH is in parking lot waiting to pick me up so gotta go for now. Back later.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @springerspaniel - they're giving me a surprising amount of joy at the moment when - to be frank - I feel like I could bite the heads off newborn puppies. Radiculopathy combined with herniated discs is...a special kind of pain. I have both thoracic and lumbar radiculopathy, so the nerve pain runs from my ribs to my big toe. Most of the day, I honestly feel as tho I could heave my computer/coffee cup/sofa through a plate glass window. Bay at the moon. That kind of thing. The idea of having to wait it out while I get a second opinion is a tad daunting. And the idea of starting *another* year with surgery is like a really bad joke. I can't possibly have another year like 2019 and 2020, surely? SURELY??!

Having said all that....

@marcy - I meant to say - I LOVE your new sapphire ring! Super gorgeous.

ETA I just chuckled when I re-read this post. In the midst of some fairly substantial discomfort - I'm still, like..."Ooooh - SHINY!" The comforting, distracting nature of bling!

:mrgreen:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. Thank you all for your kind and warm messages and your support.

I'm so sorry for you both. That is just scary to deal with. Sending HUGS.

Thank you so much @MMtwo. Hugs gladly and gratefully accepted and (((hugs))) to you.

Hi @missy, I am thinking about you and Greg. The statistics are on your side, but I know that doesn't mean a heck of a lot until you have the actual data about metastasis, and it certainly does not alleviate the extreme anxiety and fear you both are probably feeling right now. You are both strong and healthy people, and have been doing all that you can to stay that way, so that is also on your side. I should shut up now and just send you all the positive healing energy I can. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. You both are such warm and wonderful people and I am sorry you are in such pain right now.

Thanks @springerspaniel. Your generous and kind comments are much appreciated. And thank you for your kind offer. XOXO.
HI:

@missy I am sorry for the cancer diagnosis--but this is such a (well) treatable type. Having surgery sucks tho, however I suspect you are in very good hands. So much on your plates!

@NIDI shoutout!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you sweet Sharon. I am trying not to look too far ahead. One day at a time. XO.

Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry @missy, what are the pharmacy playing at? It’s just beyond belief they are messing you around like this. Oy, to yet more worrying news about Greg, but I’m determined to only think positively, and believe that everything will go well and the thyroid and tumour will be completely removed. This year has been a total sh*tstorm, especially for you, thank goodness it’s almost over.

If you can’t share your bling excitement with us @MMtwo, who can you? It’s lovely to find something that makes your heart sing.

It’s been a wet, cold day here, so we’ve just stayed in and had a really lazy day.

Latest figures are really bad here, and I expect they’ll be even worse when the Christmas mixing takes it‘s toll.

Keep safe and well lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Thank you @Austina. Pharmacy came through and I got my full 3 month supply yesterday but only because I had my insurance company call them. I don't know WTH they are doing there but I cannot worry about them nor the med situation because obv I have much more important things to be concerned with...it's always multiple somethings isn't it but all I can do now is focus on Greg and getting him well. It's going to be a tough ride but we are going to get Greg through this and be AOK. There is no other choice. XO.

I’m really sorry @missy ! But you will prevail preserve and move forward! Soon, it will be a new year !!!

Thanks @Scandinavian. XO.

@missy, I'm so sorry about the diagnosis - it's hard getting confirmation and I know it feels scary...but this is a very treatable cancer and there's a really good chance Greg will have the surgery and be ok. I know it's a lot to process though. Sending you and Greg comfort and many good thoughts.

Will BBL to catch up...

Thank you @junebug17 your kind wishes, comfort and good thoughts are much appreciated. XO.

@missy gentle (((hugs))) and good vibes being sent to you and Greg.

Thank you very much @finerthings. (((Hugs))) to you too.

So - because I can't sit for long at the moment, I started the above post this morning, and only hit enter late this afternoon. In between, a bunch of people posted and I've just read their posts.

@missy - I'm so sorry for all you and Greg are going through. The enlarged parathyroids sound worrisome. I'll be glad when you're a month in the future and you have a better idea what you're dealing with and Greg is a couple of weeks post surgery. In the meantime, my thoughts are with you both.

Dear @mrs-b thank you so much. Your video to me brought tears to my eyes. You are a kind and lovely person and it means so much to me that you care. I have no words right now and I know you get it. Greg is my life and I won't get maudlin here but there is nothing for me without him. He is such a good soul. An amazing individual. All I can do is hope ad pray with all my heart he gets through this and will be just fine. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reaching out and your kind message.

I am sending you much good energy and healing vibes @mrs-b and wishing you a pain free back very soon. (((Hugs))).

@MamaBee thank you for your reassurance and warm support. I am excited for you for your upgrade. XOXO

@bling_dream19 hugs to you and hope your week is going well. Hope work is quiet and you are enjoying the rest of the holiday week.

@Slick1 hugs to you dear friend. Hope you and your family are enjoying a good week and all is going smoothly.

@Bayek hugs Great Kate. How are you feeling? XOXO.

@marcy hope your week is going well and I love your new sapphire. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is going well.

Today we have two appointments in the city. One with a PCP for pre surgical clearance and one with the surgeon after that. I guess a game plan fo surgery will be discussed. The surgeon was so serious on the phone yesterday it makes me very nervous but it was kind of him to call us and give us a heads up about the biopsy instead of waiting til today when he sees us at the appointment. Which I think many doctors would have done given it was just a day away. He seems very kind and I just hope he is very skilled too.

We managed to enjoy a lovely hike yesterday though my ankle is bothering me still (on and off). We did an easier intermediate hike with not that many inclines and descents so it didn't put extra stress on my ankle. And so another day has passed and here we are. Last Tuesday of the year. And another surgery scheduled for Greg in January. Last January he had TKR and last December 2019 kidney stone surgery and this past December (2020) kidney stone surgery and well lol I couldn't have made this scenario up if I tried. Covid, four surgeries during Covid and Francesca and Fred died. Greg's mother died. Our Aunt (MIL's sister) died (she was 91) just this past weekend (last remaining sister of the four sisters one of whom was Greg's mother) and well the list goes on. To say 2019 and 2020 were challenging is an understatement indeed.

I know it was a challenging year for a countless number of people. I know similar scenarios are happening all over. People losing loved ones and great heartache and pain everywhere. Thinking of all the pain so many are experiencing is almost too much to bear. But bear it we will. We must. One day, one hour, one minute at a time.

Looking forward and onward one as we all must do. I have to believe we will get through this dark time and be OK. Thank you again for your warm and kind support. I am sending each and every one of you many good wishes and hugs. Be well and stay safe.

Leaving you with a photo from our hike yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 4.38.12 AM.png

Greg is in the background. He seems so vulnerable here.

And Gracie who is in love with him. How can anyone blame her?

gracieongreg.png

Many warm hugs to all of you.

GK2

Rough_Rock
@missy - I hope you don’t mind but I want to say I do understand how you are feeling right now

3 years ago my husband was given 6 months to live during a pretty gruelling 13 week hospital stay - he has multiple myeloma in his spine, pelvis, sacrum, ribs and upper arms - but he’s still with me right now and we embrace every opportunity to live life to the fullest extent we can

I vividly recall those first few days and weeks following diagnosis - you’re seeking answers, reassurance and desperately trying to not think the worse but often unable to stop yourself doing so

Greg is in the best hands he can be for his medical procedures - and he has you as his cheerleader and supporter as he goes through this journey. But you need to think of yourself as well - you need to take time for you because if you don’t, you won’t have the energy to keep going when Greg needs you the most.

Allow yourself time to grieve for what you are both facing as well - I became beyond upset when we had to have all the necessary adaptations made to our home, not because I was particularly house proud, but because they were a physical reminder every day that our lives had irrevocably changed. I still remember sobbing my heart out as the stair lift engineers asked me to test it!

3 years on our life isn’t what we had planned at this stage, but we’ve been able to take holidays abroad - albeit with a few challenges as my husband is now disabled - and adapt our life to a new one that works for us. Our next goal is to get to my husband’s 50th in May and our 25th wedding anniversary in June. Always pushing a bit further!

we’re here for you when you need us, just as you have been there for others when they have needed someone to reach out to

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got to Maryland. Did anyone hear from Missy? They had an appointment with his PCP and surgeon today. I’m worried.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee I was thinking the same thing. Must be a long day for them.

I need a distraction so am looking at Hermes wallets. eyyiyiyiiiiii

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just asked Becca to put a diamond on hold! Once it is I’ll post it to get feedback.
I don’t want to start a thread because I think I’m going to do the Valoria again but in 18k gold until I decide how to
set it. I love the setting I had done for Libby but may tweak it because I don’t need to try to make it look bigger. I can set it lower.
@mrs-b I know you’re having such a hard time but if you can take a glance when I post it..I would appreciate your opinion.
@nala I know you don’t come here but had to let you know. Also...I’m definitely selling Libby...waaah

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just asked Becca to put a diamond on hold! Once it is I’ll post it to get feedback.
I don’t want to start a thread because I think I’m going to do the Valoria again but in 18k gold until I decide how to
set it. I love the setting I had done for Libby but may tweak it because I don’t need to try to make it look bigger. I can set it lower.
@mrs-b I know you’re having such a hard time but if you can take a glance when I post it..I would appreciate your opinion.
@nala I know you don’t come here but had to let you know. Also...I’m definitely selling Libby...waaah

Omg!!! WHAT did you put on hold! I’m sooo excited!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@MamaBee - happy to take a look. Post asap - a few of us need the distraction!

And add my voice to the others that have said they'll be relieved when they've heard from @missy.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee - happy to take a look. Post asap - a few of us need the distraction!

And add my voice to the others that have said they'll be relieved when they've heard from @missy.

I know...I’m pretty worried...
It‘s on hold...Here you go @mrs-b!
56E6532A-05F1-4881-BF60-DFD939865520.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls. Thanks for your concern.
I’m exhausted. It was a long day.

Unfortunately due to some unique anatomy (thoracic duct all the way up in the neck!) and also the extent of what needs to be removed the surgeon wants Greg to stay overnight in the hospital at least. There’s worry about damaging the lymphatic system due to the proximity to the thyroid because the thoracic duct is where it shouldn’t be. The surgeon can’t be sure he won’t damage it and he wants to keep him overnight to monitor him.

He also spoke to the doctor who read the CAT scan and he had him on speaker while we were sitting there and it was upsetting hearing the details and the complexity of the situation due to the unique anatomy. I’ll go into more detail tomorrow perhaps.

There’s more but I’m so tired and just wanted to let you know we’re back and okay. Surgery is on for the 13th.

@GK2 you are an amazing and kind individual. All you have gone through and continue to go through and you took the time and energy to come here and offer me your support and kindness. From the bottom of my heart thank you. I’m so sorry for all you and your DH have gone and are going through. I’m glad your DH is still here with you and your son. There are no words to adequately describe what I want to say to you. So I will just say I’m keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers and sending you gentle (((hugs))).

(((Hugs))) to all of you lovely women.
❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls. Thanks for your concern.
I’m exhausted. It was a long day.

Unfortunately due to some unique anatomy (thoracic duct all the way up in the neck!) and also the extent of what needs to be removed the surgeon wants Greg to stay overnight in the hospital at least. There’s worry about damaging the lymphatic system due to the proximity to the thyroid because the thoracic duct is where it shouldn’t be. The surgeon can’t be sure he won’t damage it and he wants to keep him overnight to monitor him.

He also spoke to the doctor who read the CAT scan and he had him on speaker while we were sitting there and it was upsetting hearing the details and the complexity of the situation due to the unique anatomy. I’ll go into more detail tomorrow perhaps.

There’s more but I’m so tired and just wanted to let you know we’re back and okay. Surgery is on for the 13th.

@GK2 you are an amazing and kind individual. All you have gone through and continue to go through and you took the time and energy to come here and offer me your support and kindness. From the bottom of my heart thank you. I’m so sorry for all you and your DH have gone and are going through. I’m glad your DH is still here with you and your son. There are no words to adequately describe what I want to say to you. So I will just say I’m keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers and sending you gentle (((hugs))).

(((Hugs))) to all of you lovely women.
❤️

We were typing at the same time @missy...Get some rest and we‘re here when you need us...Big huge Mamabee hugs...❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t know how to do the video @nala @mrs-b I’ll try!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results