shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee that’s a perfect stone for you. Beautiful size color and clarity and ideal cut. Love it.

Oh @missy... With everything you are going through you still think about other people. You are the best of the human race. Honestly...

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls. Thanks for your concern.
I’m exhausted. It was a long day.

Unfortunately due to some unique anatomy (thoracic duct all the way up in the neck!) and also the extent of what needs to be removed the surgeon wants Greg to stay overnight in the hospital at least. There’s worry about damaging the lymphatic system due to the proximity to the thyroid because the thoracic duct is where it shouldn’t be. The surgeon can’t be sure he won’t damage it and he wants to keep him overnight to monitor him.

He also spoke to the doctor who read the CAT scan and he had him on speaker while we were sitting there and it was upsetting hearing the details and the complexity of the situation due to the unique anatomy. I’ll go into more detail tomorrow perhaps.

There’s more but I’m so tired and just wanted to let you know we’re back and okay. Surgery is on for the 13th.

@GK2 you are an amazing and kind individual. All you have gone through and continue to go through and you took the time and energy to come here and offer me your support and kindness. From the bottom of my heart thank you. I’m so sorry for all you and your DH have gone and are going through. I’m glad your DH is still here with you and your son. There are no words to adequately describe what I want to say to you. So I will just say I’m keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers and sending you gentle (((hugs))).

(((Hugs))) to all of you lovely women.
❤️

Hugs Missy. We're here when you need us. Everything will be so "extra" for a while. Something may need to give because you have to take care of yourself, your fur babies and Greg. Please do rest and care for yourself.

Sending extra energy your way! (((HUGS))))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jaw. Dropped. OMG!

:lol: My husband is trying to make me stop at this point. If I get this I’ll stop...hahaha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So what convinced you to finally say goodbye to Libby?

I decided to sell it because I want to pare down my rings. I want to have one main engagement ring...I was also afraid of comparing her to the new ACA. I was afraid it would lose..I also wanted some person to love her like I do.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to sell it because I want to pare down my rings. I want to have one main engagement ring...I was also afraid of comparing her to the new ACA. I was afraid it would lose..I also wanted some person to love her like I do.

Awwww...I’m sure she will find the right home!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy what a business. Sending healing vibes across the miles. You both are very strong.

kind regards--Sharon xoxoxoxo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

@missy love Gracie helping you with your daily chores. Sweet. Yay for having your power restored; we are so dependent on technology. Your tree is so pretty and the kitties sure enjoy it as well. Yay for lovely new earrings. They are gorgeous. The candy cane cookies tasted great. Oh no for your ankle flaring up, is it getting better? I am sorry you are having worries about your medicine; insurance companies can be such a pain. I am glad they got you a 3 month supply; you don’t need that added worry. There is a commercial I see all the time for an app that helps on prescription prices. I’ll pay attention to the name; maybe you have it already but I’ll watch for it. I am so sorry to hear Greg’s biopsy results and how intricate the surgery will be; sending mega dust and hugs to you and Greg. Lovely photo from your walk. You and Greg have had a lot thrown at you this year and last; hoping 2021 knocks that crap off!!!

@Bayek are you all moved in to your new house?

@Scandinavian lovely bracelet - how many carats is that? It’s the perfect size. Very cool they are champagne diamonds and look fabulous in rose gold.

@Daisys and Diamonds sadly I did too much eating and drinking this weekend but it was fun. I hope you had a lovely time as well.

@Austina how fun to go walking with Christmas head gear. I have had a few festive headbands over the years. I am curious what is Bubble and Squeak? Glad to hear Bertie is doing so well with Adam and Kim. I hope you will be living in Austin next year to celebrate Christmas. How cool they set up a obstacle course for Bertie to burn some energy. We are having nasty cold weather too.

@canuk-gal crazy socks are a fun present. I think I’m going to start watching for them year round and pick them up when I see them. I hope you do get to spend Easter with your mom and family. Thin crust pizza sounds delicious.

@MMtwo you were busy baking too. That’s great the cookies still in the oven were fine. I bet the helicopter cookies were cute. I did mittens, Christmas tree, star, snowman, rabbit and teddy bear shapes. Beautiful color pearls and they look perfect on you. Nice to find the matching pendant.

@mrs-b Marty turned in the truck this morning. They told him 2 weeks. We won’t know on the frame until they get it apart. Not a bad idea getting a second opinion on your back. I hope the exercises help. I saved cookies for New Years then most of our junk food will be gone. I am glad my new sapphire distracted you from your pain for a moment; I am totally a “ooh shiny” person as well. I get easily distracted by stars and gemstones.

@junebug17 I hope you are doing well.

@springerspaniel we can never have too many rings, right?

@GK2 I am glad your husband is still with you; as with so many things we can’t know what will happen.

@MamaBee I am glad you made it to Maryland okay. Ooh about the diamond on hold, It is stunningly gorgeous. How exciting. I am sure Libby will find a new home that loves and treasures her as well.

The Sunday family get together was nice. With less people, less variety of food we had less dishes which was very nice. The brisket was really good but I'm getting sick of it in leftovers already. I bought enough for 20 people but we ended up with 12 so there is a lot of brisket left.

I had yesterday off, went to the office today and will work at home tomorrow and Thursday. It was icy this morning with several new inches of snow.

Marty turned in his pickup this morning. They said 2 weeks on it. He didn't rent a car and is using his sister's pickup this week. I assume we will hear this week if the frame is bent. Crossing my fingers there.

Take care.
Marcy

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dropping in @missy to send my ((hugs)) to you and Greg. I’m sorry to hear that there is some complication with getting to the area, but I think you have a great team in the right city. I hope you are more comfortable with his team of Drs and what needs to be done. He is strong and fit! AND he has the best wife and supportive partner there ever could be! You’re in the right place for his surgery. After all, remember what they has to perform on me! Continued love and prayers your way!!! :pray:

@MamaBee o. m. g. So pretty!! You know I love it! So happy for you for both choosing the new diamond and having a plan for Libby. Exciting times indeed! Keep us posted!!! :dance:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry to hear that your pain is so bad @mrs-b, always a good idea to get another opinion, a fresh pair of eyes and a different mindset looking at a problem. Yes, I’m in the UK, but hopefully for not too much longer, after of course, we’ve been vaccinated.

Bubble and squeak came about because ‘in the old days’, it was traditional to have a roast dinner on a Sunday, and Monday would be the day to use the left overs @marcy. Then it was roast potatoes and vegetable fried up together, I use mashed potatoes and vegetables, formed in to ‘burgers’, then friend to make them crispy. I hope Marty’s truck gets sorted out quickly.

How exciting @MamaBee, it’s a real beauty, what a sparkle bomb. I don’t think you’ll be able to take your eyes of her. It’s a good idea to sell Libby, because once you get this beauty, you probably won’t wear her anymore.

I’m so sorry that life has thrown you so many challenges @GK2, here’s hoping you get to fulfil your big plans for 2021.

I’m so sorry yesterday didn’t bring better news for you @missy. Life is determined to challenge you to the max. I’m looking at the situation from the point of view that this latest issue has been identified pre-surgery, so now they’ll be totally prepared and there’ll be no surprises once they start. Keeping Greg in overnight, they’ll be able to keep a close eye on him and be monitoring him constantly. I know this won’t make you worry any less, but it sounds as though they’re well prepared for every eventuality. You’re going to get through this, and we’re all here rooting for you both.

DH did really well choosing such a pretty and different gift @Scandinavian - you’ve trained him well :mrgreen:

Yesterday was the anniversary of the last time we saw Adam and Kim, it’s strange, because despite doing nothing this year, it seems to have gone by quickly, and boy won’t we all be glad to see the back of it.

Good news at last that the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved, so hopefully the end is in sight.

Big love and hugs to all the wonderful NIRDIS :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy New Year's Eve eve.

@MMtwo aww thank you so much. It really helps knowing you girls are here for me and we have each other's back for sure. I feel your hugs and love and sending many hugs and much love your way too. Thank you. XOXO.

@MamaBee aww right back at ya. Bling is a beautiful diversion and helping others realize their blingy dreams brings me joy so in that way not altruistic at all. Though I so want you and all the NIRDIs to get exactly what their hearts desire. You already knew what I thought about that gorgeous stone anyway. I might not be an MRB girl and know nothing about MRB numbers per se but I am a gorgeous bling rocks girl and that is one gorgeous stone. You deserve that and more. XOXO.

@GK2 just wanted to say I am here for you anytime anyway as much as one can be long distance. I cannot imagine all you are dealing with but I do know you are incredibly strong and wonderful and your DH is so lucky to have you by his side. Sending you so many (((((HUGS)))))) and well wishes. Please let you and your DH reach your 25 year anniversary and beyond. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers every single day. ((((HUGS)))).

@mrs-b how is your back doing? I hope you are experiencing relief and I am sending bucketloads of healing dust your way. XOXO

@marcy thank you so much. Hope Marty gets his pickup back in better than new shape and good he can borrow his sister's truck vs renting. Sweet you are working from home tomorrow and the day after that and yesterday too. Be careful on the ice. I am pleased for you that your Sunday family GTG was nice and hopefully everyone remains well. Hugs.

@Slick1 aww thank you so much. I know all you have gone through and my heart goes out to you. So relieved for you that you are on the other side of it. Praying we get there safely too. I am worried sick but you know that. I hate things out of my control. We have to rely on the medical team and the surgeon and I don't have complete faith in anyone but Greg of course. So it's a leap of faith on my part but hopefully we did choose the right surgeon and right hospital and just praying the thyroid and parathyroids can be removed smoothly without damage to the other structures and that the cancer has not spread. Please. :pray: Hugs to you sweet friend. May good health continue to be yours. XO.

@Austina thank you so much. I appreciate all your support and good wishes and you are right. It is good we have beforehand knowledge of the strange anatomy but even with that the surgeon cannot guarantee he won't damage the lymphatic system. Apparently it is very difficult to visualize and avoid if the thoracic duct is where it is...in fact neither he nor the doctor who read the CAT scan has ever seen anything like this so that makes me very anxious indeed. No one wants to hear that they have something no one has ever seen before :o. Anyway I will continue to be hopeful and as optimistic as I realistically can be and hope for the best.Thank you and hugs to you and Colin and Adam and Kim and Bertie.

HI:

@missy what a business. Sending healing vibes across the miles. You both are very strong.

kind regards--Sharon xoxoxoxo

Sharon, thank you. I don't feel very strong but I am determined we will get through this and Greg will be fine. He has to be. He is very strong and upbeat. I appreciate your healing vibes and warm support and it helps me be strong knowing you and my other friends are here for me. I believe in the power of healing vibes and good thoughts. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. (((Hugs))).

@bling_dream19 hugs and happy New Year's Eve week. Goodbye 2020 and hello 2021. Hugs to you.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well. Happy New Year's Eve eve. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo of our drive in yesterday. It was a beautiful sky.

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 6.12.02 AM.png

GK2

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your kind thoughts - to be honest DH and I plough on regardless now although I have to say the two months we spent both WFH during the UK lockdown tested many many boundaries and both our patience levels, while also giving me a unique insight into my husbands management style . Just because he’s not well doesn’t mean he can’t be a huge pain in the backside at times, and I’ll happily tell him so

Three years ago the thought that we would be celebrating our 50th birthdays together ( he never fails to remind me I am 9 months older than him...) and cautiously planning our anniversary was too much to hope for, and yet here we are

We muddle through each day which then turns into a week and then a month and try very hard not to think about what ifs and when’s.

thank you all - you are all so generous with your time and spirit xxx

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I am so sorry to read about the extra difficulties with the potential complications in surgery. I know how scared you must feel. We are all here sending hugs & support & healing dust to you both!
Do you have any sort of irl support (though im sure that is limited due to covid)?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am so sorry to read about the extra difficulties with the potential complications in surgery. I know how scared you must feel. We are all here sending hugs & support & healing dust to you both!
Do you have any sort of irl support (though im sure that is limited due to covid)?

Thank you @Polabowla. Its complicated. I do have support in real life but to be completely honest I haven’t shared this with many of my friends. Our friend B knows as he’s one of Greg’s best friends and a pulmonologist so he gets the medical stuff. He’s very comforting. I am the one who called him. Greg actually hasn’t even spoke with him about this. Greg’s told no one.

I also shared with my best friend T and close friends R and M. I told my sister and parents. But I can’t talk about it more than a moment without breaking down so I’ve asked everyone who knows not to bring it up right now.

I’m holding strong but I find if I actually verbalize it in real life I can’t talk about it without breaking down. I can write about it though for some reason. Weird.

So I share here. It’s easier. Plus I have some real life friends from PS who I can lean on and they’re here for me offline too.

I appreciate your hugs and support and good wishes. Thank you. Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and healthy new year. ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee -

All I can say is - I'd be happy with that for myself. It's a keeper. Do it.

I just put my deposit down @mrs-b! I’m in Maryland so that will hold it until I get back on Sunday. I decided to go with the same setting in 18k white gold this time...I asked Becca at Whiteflash if Platinum is stronger and more sturdy..She said the 18k white gold won’t scratch as easily...and will stay shiny longer.... and just as sturdy...My daughter-in-law’s platinum set got so dingy looking. She said she would go with white gold next time. My plan is to wear it in that setting for a while and have a reset later with David. I don’t have the energy for it right now. I actually like the plainer setting. I love the swoops over the diamond. I’m pretty excited!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I just put my deposit down @mrs-b! I’m in Maryland so that will hold it until I get back on Sunday. I decided to go with the same setting in 18k white gold this time...I asked Becca at Whiteflash if Platinum is stronger and more sturdy..She said the 18k white gold won’t scratch as easily...and will stay shiny longer.... and just as sturdy...My daughter-in-law’s platinum set got so dingy looking. She said she would go with white gold next time. My plan is to wear it in that setting for a while and have a reset later with David. I don’t have the energy for it right now. I actually like the plainer setting. I love the swoops over the diamond. I’m pretty excited!

Congrats on the new beautiful diamond.

On platinum. I have a platinum set and I regret it. It's a yucky, dull grey color as it has been worn over time. I have done home burnishing to help restore it a bit - platinum pushes around.

Next time I will go gold.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee - that's excellent!

I have to admit, tho, I've lost a lock on your collection, I'm sorry. Do you still have the 2ct cushion you bought, or was that sold? And you're upgrading...Summer? The...2.8ct I colored ACA? (Please correct all the bits I just got wrong there!) And which one is Libby? And which one has the baguette sides?

Seriously - I need a list. My apologies, J! Set me straight, please!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
MamaBee - that's excellent!

I have to admit, tho, I've lost a lock on your collection, I'm sorry. Do you still have the 2ct cushion you bought, or was that sold? And you're upgrading...Summer? The...2.8ct I colored ACA? (Please correct all the bits I just got wrong there!) And which one is Libby? And which one has the baguette sides?

Seriously - I need a list. My apologies, J! Set me straight, please!

Believe me...I get it...haha
Libby is the 2.03 mrb vs1 G..I had her set in the tapered baguette setting by David after a previous reset locally that made her shrink like in a cocoon. She was liberated so I named her Libby. I’m going to sell her to Abe Mor. I don’t want the hassle of selling it myself. I truthfully don’t trust anyone except long time PSers.

I still have the cushion you picked that’s in the halo. I may take her out and sell her...or keep her and make a bangle bracelet.

I purchased the 2.78 vs2 I last January. I’m upgrading that to the 3.01 vs1 F.

I also still have the antique step cut in a baguette halo. It’s so gorgeous but I may sell her eventually. She’s too big for me...Did I say that! Hahaha I just don’t want to sell it myself unless I know the person. I think I’m a one ring old girl.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I’m thinking with Greg’s unusual anatomy, the surgeon is going to be doing research to make sure he’s well prepared for the operation, and ready to deal with what he finds. I’m not trying to be a Pollyanna, but I think it’s important to think positively and try not to get too overwhelmed by what’s to come, easier said than done, I know. Life has been particularly unfair and hard on you both this year, keep the faith that things will get better. xxx

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee sounds like it will be beautiful! Looking forward to seeing all the pictures!

@missy i get it; im happy you have some support.

Thank you @Polabowla...I’m starting to get excited...I will set it in another temporary setting until Covid is a bad memory and reset then...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new beautiful diamond.

On platinum. I have a platinum set and I regret it. It's a yucky, dull grey color as it has been worn over time. I have done home burnishing to help restore it a bit - platinum pushes around.

Next time I will go gold.

Thank you for your feedback @MMtwo.
That’s what my daughter-in-law says.
I do notice hers looks so flat. She doesn’t have the time to keep running to the jeweler to have it shined up. I don’t either. I have never rhodium plated any of my 18k white gold from David. I know he has a special mixture. This is Whiteflash’s setting but I will enjoy it for a few years and have David make me another one...in 18k white gold in the future..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Slick1 I hope you are doing well.

@Austina thanks for explaining Bubble and Squeak. We used to have roasts on Sunday as well; kind of the weekly family dinner. It’s kind of fun to hear different traditions. Hopefully you will see Adam and Kim soon.

@missy I wish I could ease your worries; I believe some of the best doctors in the world are right there where you live with a lot of skill and knowledge. Greg is strong and active which will help him through this. As others have said it’s a good thing the surgeons know ahead of time what they are dealing with and as @Austina said the surgeons will prepare ahead of the surgery. Sending you and Greg mega dust and hugs. I am glad you can express your feelings a bit here; do whatever feels best for you.

@GK2 yes being at home with each other can test the best of us. If we were still in our first house we probably would both have gone crazy during the lockdown. Sweet to be celebrating your 50th birthdays and your anniversary. That is awesome.

@MamaBee yay for putting down your deposit of that gorgeous diamond. I can’t wait to see it on your finger. I liked reading your summary of gorgeous diamonds.

@MMtwo I agree with you - I like the weight of platinum but it does not look as pretty to me as white gold.

@mrs-b we should all make a chart of our rings; everyone has such pretty pieces.

Hi @Polabowla

Marty was rather cranky last night over no car and how much we will be paying for a renal and deductible so when he got up at 4 am today to eat breakfast and head to the gym I got up to talk to him. I told him I'd check my company's benefits section today for car rental discounts, see if it's too late to add car rental on our auto policy and let him know what I find. Being a small town with a tiny airport we have limited car rental places and I only get a 5% discount so phooey on that. Marty went to that place first and got hassled over some things plus they wouldn't rent a car before tomorrow so he went to the one with Ford and got a Fusion through the 15th and got a nice military discount. He said it sounds like it is powered by a singer sewing machine engine. He probably can't get a speeding ticket with that car. He seems in a better mood now that he has his own wheels again.

Marty took his sister's truck to the gym bright and early then I ran her over to the gym at about 9. Marty tortured her by having her lift then they went to the car rental dealers.

I had a busy day working from home. I think I'll take down my Snoopy village here shortly and all of my Snoopy lights. That way I can crank on the fireplace when I am cold. I am sure things on the mantle are fine but my plastic trees by the fire probably not so much. Or I might watch a movie. My SIL is still sleeping and I know I'd make a lot of noise getting storage bins out. Phooey I'm ready to tackle that project.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b @Slick1 @nala
I decided to contact David about my cushion halo. He’s sending me a label...I decided to take it out of the halo and prong set it somehow. He said if I want to out a colored gem in the setting he could do it but it has to be pretty much exact. I’m going to prong set the cushion in some kind of vintage looking plain setting...no gems..prong set so I can pop her out if I decide to do something later. I was thinking of a cup setting or mock bezel. Any ideas? Here’s the old video...

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee how about a collet style so you get some size oomph without the commitment of a bezel. Easy to pop out or make into a pendant.
C9A0985D-DC4C-4AA7-89B7-099FA34996D9.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee how about a collet style so you get some size oomph without the commitment of a bezel. Easy to pop out or make into a pendant.
C9A0985D-DC4C-4AA7-89B7-099FA34996D9.jpeg

Thank you @Slick1..I was thinking about something like that but think I want to keep it more exposed..out in the open.
He mailed me the label so I’ll send it off on Monday...I hate going into the FedEx but I’ll mask up and try to be brave..haha

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Good morning! Just wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of you and sending you bucketloads of dust and good wishes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results