shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
At last, some good news. Adam and Kim just FaceTimed, and we’re going to be grandparents.

They’ve adopted Bertie :lol:

:lol: My eyes bugged out at first! Hahahahahaaha Congratulations grandma!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Thank you all for the compliments on my ring.

@Austina I am so glad Adam and Kim adopted Bertie! Congratulations.

@missy loved your video on IG of Bubbalah over the snow. So pretty. Hi Samson and cute picture of Bobby sleeping under the tree. I did get permission to wear my ring today. I wanted to see it in sunlight. Sounds like some puppies are in your future. Oh no you might have been exposed to COVID, hoping you and Greg remain negative. Gracie looks very comfortable sleeping on Greg’s lap.

@Scandinavian what an adorable puppy. I can see why you want to take him home.

@MMtwo it’s good we can get away with playing with our Christmas presents. Marty wouldn’t really care if I wore my ring but he feels bad I never gave him any other suggestions for Christmas. I did wear the ring today then cleaned it up and wrapped it back up in the jeweler’s box. I did have the urge to stick another ring in there but I was good. That was nice of you to help your friend with the DMV, I hope you triumphed over bureaucracy .

@Austina my guard dog doesn’t seem to intimidate Marty at all. Strange. I am glad to hear Colin is feeling fine; glad to hear both of you plan on resting and relaxing over the next few weeks. That is a good saying for these times; I tend to try and find someone to bring some humor in even the worst situations. I guess it’s my defense mechanism. Looking forward to visiting you and Bayek where it’s nice and warm.

@canuk-gal isn’t it strange to not drive so much? I am very glad you didn’t get in an accident on that dangerous corner. Good luck with your test results. Great idea to do take out for Christmas and Boxing Day dinners.

@Bayek I hope they do find out what is causing your brother’s strokes. That is so scary. Sending mega dust his way. Sorry your concussion made you foggy; it can take a while to get better from those too. I had that one over a year ago and it was really weird like I was just totally out of it. I was easily confused, forgot things and really tired. I can still feel that spot at times too. Your house is so amazing; you and John will love it. How was the reunion?

@bling_dream19 I hope you enjoyed your wedding anniversary cake and champagne. Our cake was good after a year but we pretty much had to chip off the frosting. Yes, I am very glad no one was hurt in the accident when that lady hit Marty’s pickup.

@SallyBrown that is good to know your insurance rates didn’t go up over your car getting hit by an uninsured motorist. That’s awesome Noodle is playing fetch again. That is so scary that things like a power plant can cause cancer. Seems like I’ve heard they’ve had issues with that near plants that make batteries for electric cars. So awful.

@junebug19 I am sorry to hear these times are taking a toll on you; I hope you get to see your DS and DD soon and some sense of normalcy returns. These times make it tough to not feel uneasy. Have safe travels going back to NJ.

@MamaBee are you back in Maryland?

Someone shot at and broke one of the windows in Marty’s gym Thursday night. He called police and after them interviewing him for about 5 minutes one of the policeman actually accused him of doing it himself. He was HOT about that. If it was done deliberately by someone we would think it was that couple who got so many tickets from plowing in to the truck. I was rather nervous when Marty headed to the gym today but nothing had happened overnight. I guess if something else happens we know someone is targeting him and can’t help but think it’s those people from the accident.

We had a very busy day. I dug out my new ring and wore it today but first I took a few pictures of it in sunlight; I am pleased. The sapphire is typical in that sometimes it photographs or looks dark in direct sun but it has my favorite color of blue.

I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few things for Marty; he had a gym party and we ended up with about 20 of us in the basement. It was fun. It was pot luck snacks and a white elephant gift drawing. After most everyone left about 6 of us played poker for a while.

I took some trash out to the garbage can in our garage and told Marty I had a few more inches walking behind his truck on the left side; he said it was too soon for making jokes about his truck.

Tomorrow is laundry, lifting and starting on my January article for the newspaper. I sent in my recipe for candy cane cookies for the paper’s feature section including a picture of 2 cookies with the Killer Rabbit; they put that picture front and center in the article. Too funny.

Take care.
Marcy

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone. I think I’m about to be banned for comments I made in another thread. So Just a quick note to say I think ya’ll are awesome. Best of luck with everything and big hugs! XOXOXO

Bye!
Sally

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Austina I read your response in the Christmas cards thread about not putting up a tree this year because it's "too much faff." Just wanted you to know how much I love that phrase and I'm totally stealing it.

Hi to all! And happy holidays - or at least whatever kind of holidays make sense for everyone this crazy year!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Sunday.

@marcy OMG no, I am sorry. Gosh I cannot believe that happened. How scary and yes I would be hopping mad too if the police accused me of doing that. Oy to the vey. How are you guys doing now?

Someone shot at and broke one of the windows in Marty’s gym Thursday night. He called police and after them interviewing him for about 5 minutes one of the policeman actually accused him of doing it himself. He was HOT about that. If it was done deliberately by someone we would think it was that couple who got so many tickets from plowing in to the truck. I was rather nervous when Marty headed to the gym today but nothing had happened overnight. I guess if something else happens we know someone is targeting him and can’t help but think it’s those people from the accident.

Hope today is a good day for you guys @marcy and stay safe. Lots of crazies out there. Glad you had a fun time at the gym party and enjoy lifting and getting lots accomplished today. Hugs to you sweet Marcy and lots of good wishes going your way. XOXO.
And @marcy thank you for enjoying the video. It's so beautiful here. Snow on the ground but the sand is clear because I guess of the ocean temperatures being more mild. On one side snow and the other sand. I love it.

At last, some good news. Adam and Kim just FaceTimed, and we’re going to be grandparents.

They’ve adopted Bertie
:lol:

WOOHOO!!!!! Best news of the day so far. Mazel Tov @Austina 's family and sweet Bertie has a loving forever home.
:appl:

GM lovely ladies and happy Sunday.

You’re very welcome @missy, I just wanted to share what my friend’s been through and the positive outcome she’s had. Sometimes when you read up on things, it’s all doom and gloom and makes you worry more. Gracie
:love:
her Daddy. I hope you managed to get out for a walk today to blow away the cobwebs.

Thank you. Yes I had talked about the NPC to my endocrinologist and surgeons and Greg and all of them were against Greg going there for various reasons the number one being they operate on almost everyone and two if something goes wrong most patients don't go back and end up locally anyway. Plus add in the pandemic and we aren't traveling via plane anytime soon. Probably. I always appreciate you sharing with me because you never know. Thank you Austina. XOXO.

I don’t know if you have the saying “you’ve gotta laugh or you’ll cry” but it’s definitely appropriate now.

Yup, it's a saying I use almost all every day. I am sorry you canceled your mammogram but I understand. Mine is supposed to be in January but since I just started HRT I am going to wait til Spring I think.

@missy, I am so glad Greg's biopsy was moved up and his surgery is scheduled for January. The sooner things happen the sooner this will be behind you and Greg. My understanding is that it's good to take a lot of samples, it ensures they don't miss any areas. It's good to hear Greg's spirits are ok, this is tough news to get. I hope the biopsy results come back soon. 2-3 weeks is a long time and waiting for results is tortorous...not knowing is scary, but so is the thought of knowing. It's encouraging that the surgeon gave Greg a good prognosis. The pic of Gracie in the tree is adorable and Bobby looks so sweet under the tree.

Thanks Junie and have a safe drive back to NJ. I hope you get to enjoy your kids during the holiday and have a wonderful and happy Christmas. You are so right about waiting and the not knowing and also the knowing. But one day at a time is what I keep repeating and like you and Austina and all the lovely ladies here we will get through this dark period. Gentle hugs to you and all the best to your lovely family.

@mrs-b keeping good thoughts for you and your DH. Big hugs and love across the miles. Did you get a lot of snow? XOXO.

@Slick1 woohoo you have to be so proud of J. She is so talented. And yes to getting that sale issue resolved. Ridiculous. But it's past you now and onwards and upward. Hugs to you and have a super Sunday. XOXO.

@MamaBee you have a keen eye and I appreciate your help. Thank you for steering me away from those earrings yesterday. Big hugs to you and I am glad you got to visit with your family yesterday. XOXO.

@SallyBrown Nooooo. I refuse to accept that. I hope that does not happen. IDK which thread you are referring to as I just got online but you are a valuable member of PS and we love you and hope you don't leave us. Fuggedaboutit as we say in Brooklyn. ((((Hugs)))).

@bling_dream19 sweet lady happy one year anniversary. You make the sweetest most lovely couple and I am pleased as punch (haha where did that saying come from I wonder) all is going well and you are celebrating a wonderful weekend with your DH. Hugs to you both.

@rainwood happy holidays and sending you hugs across the miles. Stay well and enjoy the weirdest Christmas season ever. By next Christmas things will be more "normal" again. I hope.

@canuk-gal how are you feeling today? I wore the new white Olang yesterday and I love them. Hope you are enjoying a super weekend and I am sending you healing vibes across the miles and lots of hugs.

@Scandinavian hope you are all enjoying a fun weekend and stay cozy and warm after your winter outdoor activities. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well. @Keeliamira you continue to be in my thoughts. Hugs.

We had a good day yesterday. Turns out the beach had no snow so we walked about 5 miles on the sand. It was a good walk and I had opportunity to take a few Bubbalah videos lol. Despite the freezing temps so my hands were changing colors due to the cold but I think all eyes were on Bubbalah and no one cares about my crazy weird hands and fingers.

You can see my purple fingers here.

bubbalahonbeachwinter2020.png

And our silhouette in the background.

Here is a still shot from one of the videos.

bubbalahsnowdecember2020.png

Enjoy a wonderful Sunday lovely ladies and be well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and the best part of the freezing weather? The beaches are empty! Love that. We had it pretty much all to ourselves. :sun:

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 5.39.11 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

OMG @marcy, what on earth? Thank goodness nobody was injured, and what’s even more bizarre is the Police thinking Marty had anything to do with it? What would be the reason he’d damage his own property, knowing what insurance companies are like to deal with, it just wouldn’t be worth the hassle? Just so glad he or any of his clients wasn’t hurt, but how scary.

It looks like it was an absolutely beautiful day @missy, cold and crisp and such a bonus when it keeps the hordes away so you get to enjoy it by yourselves. Bubbalah is sparkling her little socks off in the winter sunshine :kiss2: The most important thing for you ATM is that you feel confident in the surgeon who will be operating on Greg, and there’s NO WAY it’s worth adding the extra stress to get on a plane. Colin was just reading yesterday about a couple who were flying home from Orlando, (perhaps had been to Disney?) he had tested positive for Covid, had ALL the symptoms, collapsed and died on the plane. The plane had to divert to NO to offload him, so because he wanted to get back to LA, he’s exposed 100’s possibly 1000’s of people at the airport and on the plane. What‘s it going to take to get through to people? Oy:doh:

I read your comments @SallyBrown and don’t think you said anything untoward. As someone of mixed race pointed out, it could be seen to be using ethnic minorities as guinea pigs if they were to be singled out for the vaccine first.

Our Govt are delivering the vaccine in order of age and vulnerability, which IMHO is how it should be. Vaccinating the young first because they’ve got more years ahead of them doesn’t make sense when statistically they’re less likely to suffer severe symptoms, and the bottom line is, the elderly and vulnerable need to be protected as they’re more likely to require much more intensive care if they get it.

:lol: @MamaBee, I don’t think we’d be any more excited if it was a non furry baby.

Feel free @rainwood, everything seems too much of a faff at the moment.

So, as of this morning, we‘re now in Tier 4, so basically total lockdown with all but essential shops closing, no mixing with other households, and no travelling out of your area. Thank you all those stupid, selfish people who just won’t comply with the restrictions :roll: Of course, they’re all the ones complaining the most about the mess they’ve caused, the rest of us just accept it and move on. As far as we’re concerned, it doesn’t particularly affect us, I had a feeling this would happen, so shopped early for Christmas, and made sure we had everything we needed so have no need to go out. It’s people like our friends who were going to have their family stay for Christmas who now can’t. We have no idea how long we’ll be in Tier 4, but it is what it is, and we’l wait it out.

Big love to all the NIRDI, the year is almost over, we will come out the other side, just have to sit tight and wait for the vaccine. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cycled yesterday in my parka. LOL. It was good to get out--we wanted to repeat it today but the WIND!!!! Would have been cool to say we've cycled close to Christmas.

I baked cookies--Christmas stuff. They really didn't turn out well. I should have used the fresh flour--they kinda taste stale? :(( I bought flour to bake with....sheesh. No brain.:rolleyes:

Anyway.

NIRDI shout out!!!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@SallyBrown oh well - sometime we’ve just got to express our opinions.

@rainwood Happy Holidays to you.

@missy we are hanging in there. Hopefully this week is a better one. You are dealing with way more important things than we are; how are you and Greg doing? What a cool contrast with snow, sand and ocean. Sounds awesome to me. Yay for empty beaches! Gorgeous pictures including of Bubbalah!

@Austina we have no idea why that policeman would accuse him of breaking his own window. That is pretty much what Marty said to him - why on earth would I break it myself and then call you? Good luck with another major shutdown.

@canuk-gal nice you got to cycle yesterday. Darn that your cookies didn’t turn out very well.

I got up about 6 and we went out for breakfast after I took my shower. We drove by the gym and were pleased / relieved to see no new damage had been done to anything. I had Marty pick up Culver's on his way home from his morning training sessions.

I was going to bake rolls today but forgot to get the yeast out of the refrigerator so I baked my sugar cookies instead. Now I have rolls, candy cane cookies and mini cheesecakes still to make.

I need to get going on my January article but I haven't even picked a topic yet. That will be my next task tonight.

Here are some pictures I got yesterday morning with my ring in the sunlight.

Take care.
Marcy

Saprings2.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM and Happy winter girls!

HI:

Cycled yesterday in my parka. LOL. It was good to get out--we wanted to repeat it today but the WIND!!!! Would have been cool to say we've cycled close to Christmas.

I baked cookies--Christmas stuff. They really didn't turn out well. I should have used the fresh flour--they kinda taste stale? :(( I bought flour to bake with....sheesh. No brain.:rolleyes:

Anyway.

NIRDI shout out!!!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Woohoo! So glad you got to cycle. Living vicariously through you dear Sharon. I miss last Christmas where we did enjoy cycling that day and Greg's kidney stone surgery was behind us and there was no pandemic that we knew of.
Sorry the baked goods don't taste as yummy as you would like them too.
XOXO

@marcy your ring looks delish. Bluelicious. Good luck getting your January article written and yummm to sugar cookies. Thanks for enjoying my Bubbalah pics. I always love your beautiful photos. XOXO.

Our Govt are delivering the vaccine in order of age and vulnerability, which IMHO is how it should be. Vaccinating the young first because they’ve got more years ahead of them doesn’t make sense when statistically they’re less likely to suffer severe symptoms, and the bottom line is, the elderly and vulnerable need to be protected as they’re more likely to require much more intensive care if they get it.

I agree that is how it should be. I am so worried about this new stronger strain. What have you heard about it? Is the vaccine effective against the new strain? Oy is right. Lucky you are in a region where people exhibit some good sense re lockdowns and good you have all you need and are prepared. I am so happy Adam and Kim adopted Bertie. Such wonderful news. XOXO.

@Bayek how are you feeling? Sending you hugs and lots of well wishes.

@MamaBee how did the drive go yesterday? Hugs.

@Slick1 someone new to follow on IG lol. Just what we needed. More temptations. Hugs to you.

@MMtwo how are you doing? How was your weekend? XOXO.

@SallyBrown please just let us know all is well if you don't feel like posting. Hugs to you.

@mrs-b thinking of you. XOXO.

@junebug17 hope you are safely back in NJ and all is well. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 sending you more hugs and lots of love and happy holidays and today is the first day of winter I believe. Wow it got here fast. Hugs.

Yesterday we decided to stay in and play board games and cards and it was a lovely day. I like to get out for a walk as often as we can but it was just too cold and icy and it was cozy and warm at home. And safe so that is where we stayed. Today we are hoping for a walk on the beach. Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 7.29.49 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Lovelies

Our Govt are saying that the new variant strain is much easier to transmit, but it doesn’t mean it’s more virulent, or that the vaccine won’t be as effective @missy. It seems the biggest increase in new cases is amongst the under 60’s, so us sensible people are abiding by the rules, just everyone else isn’t! What’s new there? Oh well, we’ll just keep staying in and staying safe until it’s our turn for the vaccine, which will hopefully be in the next 2-3 months. Fortunately it’s not a hardship as such, we miss seeing our friends, but at least we’ve got each other and the company of our online friends. It’s really wet here, so I’m not going out, don’t want to slip on soggy leaves. I hope you manage to get in a lovely beach walk today.

Your ring looks even lovelier in the sunlight @marcy, the more I see it, the more I notice about the setting. I hope Marty is able to get his broken window fixed without too many problems, and that things stay quiet on the western front!

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs have had a good weekend, we’re having a complete rest apart from just doing the everyday household things. Sat and watched White Christmas yesterday for the millionth time, I love that film, it’s not Christmas until I see it :lol:

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy good idea to stay in today all safe and warm, Your tree and view are awesome.

@Austina I do like the setting with my sapphire but wish the band was a bit thicker; it doesn’t seem so thin it would bend; I guess I’m used to 3 mm bands so it seems thin. Enjoy White Christmas. I have not watched it for years; I’ll have to download it. Sounds like a good way to bring on some Christmas cheer.

Thank you everyone for the compliments on my ring, I did get to see it again today because my sister wanted to see it.

I worked from home today and I “worked” too. I woke up at 4 am and feel asleep again about 20 minutes before my alarm went off. Phooey. Once I got on to work my boss (who is on vacation) wanted to visit with me on chat mostly about why he stormed off and left work on Friday. My sister showed up with eggs and visited for quite a while. She was leaving about the time my cleaning lady showed up. Needless to say I was still doing morning work this afternoon.

I snuck downstairs about 15 minutes before I should log off and started lifting. I got outside after sunset to see the Jupiter / Saturn conjunction. I pulled out my small telescope to see them and since we live across the street from the community mailbox I drew quite a crowd. I showed them all the moon too.

After I came back inside I got my mini cheesecake made for Christmas.

My SIL is arriving sometime tomorrow so I washed all the bedding in both guest bedrooms. It is so much easier to make queen beds than California King.

I’ll be glad to go in to the office tomorrow to rest.

I still have one more type of cookies to bake and make some rolls.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies.

@marcy Sweet you got to view the Saturn/Jupiter conjunction. We cannot see anything here with all the city lights across the sea but looking forward to seeing photos of it. Nice you lifted yesterday. Today is my lifting day. Yummm to mini cheesecakes. Enjoy your SIL's visit. And please share photos of your baked goods. Yummmm. Haha enjoy your "rest" at the office today. XO.

@singletonamos50 hi and welcome to PS...or are you a previous member who changed their name? In any case thank you for your kind comment.

@Slick1 good morning friend. Hope all went well last night and you had a good sleep.

@bling_dream19 I wore my newest star leggings yesterday. They are sewn on and I have no idea how they do this for the price. Double layered leggings. Very warm. Hope you are having a good week and that work is quiet and calm. XOXO.

@Austina so happy that Bertie is now your grandson. A better family he couldn't have found. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else.
We had a nice long walk on the beach yesterday and it was actually pretty mild out. Too wet for cycling so we decided to walk.

sunandbeachdecember2020.png

silhoutteonbeach.png

birdsonbeach.png

The beach was empty yesterday too. IDK why as it was a beautiful and mild day. High 40s. I was warm with my winter coat on but I didn't realize how mild it was going to be here.

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies and hugs to all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and a few more pics. As we got home Sasha was at the front door and she wasn't moving even when we drove right up to her lol. She is gorgeous.

sashaonfrontporch.png

And @bling_dream19 here are my latest leggings. Silver snowflakes. Each one hand sewn. It's pretty amazing actually IRL.

snowflakeappliqueleggings.png

@Bayek hope all is going smoothly for you. XOXO.

@springerspaniel thinking of you and hoping all is well. Hugs.

@Scandinavian how is the snow situation by you? XOXO.

@canuk-gal did you get to cycle again yesterday? Hugs.

@SallyBrown I hope you are A OK and doing well. Hugs to you.

@MJ_Mac good morning and hope this week is a good one. Hugs.

@mrs-b happy Christmas week. Hope you and Tim are feeling well and enjoying a lovely week. XOXO.

@MamaBee have a good and relaxing day and I'll "see" you and @Slick1 later. XOXO.

Have a lovely Tuesday all. Hugs.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Omg @missy I LOVE your snowflake sequin leggings! They are super sparkly and fun! Amazing they are hand sewn. And I was wondering if you double layered? My fun Christmas leggings are quite thin and I think I will try double layering! Your boots are super cute and fashionable too and perfect with your leggings! Nothing like a walk on the beach. Keep living your dream and love and hugs to you friend! Greg must love seeing what leggings you choose each day :bigsmile:
Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday! Love and hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @missy I LOVE your snowflake sequin leggings! They are super sparkly and fun! Amazing they are hand sewn. And I was wondering if you double layered? My fun Christmas leggings are quite thin and I think I will try double layering! Your boots are super cute and fashionable too and perfect with your leggings! Nothing like a walk on the beach. Keep living your dream and love and hugs to you friend! Greg must love seeing what leggings you choose each day :bigsmile:
Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday! Love and hugs to all!

Hi @bling_dream19! Thank you!

They came double layered so no need to double layer. I didn't even realize it as I handed them immediately to Greg for him to alter to fit me in the waist and he came back with them altered and said hey did you know these are double layered and good for colder days. And he was right. LOL. To be honest I prefer single layer generally due to my Schamberg disease (if my legs get too warm the capillaries in my legs bleed yuck) but these will be better in the colder temps for sure.

What you can do with your lighter weight leggings is you can wear long underwear underneath to make it warmer. ((((HUGS)))) to you and I hope your Tuesday is terrific too!

ETA @bling_dream19! Here they are. Still available! If you want them and they are double layered.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @missy The leggings are adorable and perfect for a snowy winter, which my hubby wants very badly lol! I wore my Christmas reindeer snowflake sweatshirt yesterday. I have some basic black leggings that I will use for layered with the thin fun leggings! You always got my back girl and I appreciate that!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI Ladies,

Madly dashing through the thread - forgive me. I want to put it out there...helping this friend get his vehicle on the road is self-serving. I won't be driving a 1/2 hour every week to the next town to take him to the store.

Mission almost accomplished. I paid an outstanding ticket, insured the vehicle, inspected at a garage (we have a yearly vehicle exam and sticker), and...in the best possible outcomes...contacted DMV through Twitter and skirted the customary 3 month wait. Yes, Twitter customer service rocks. We are picking up his plates tomorrow on the 23rd. It's a Christmas miracle! I will drop him at his van and...just WHEW! I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

One of my jobs is to plan for the homeless census in our region. I am running on fumes and irritable this time of year. Falalalalala I will drop in and out as my bandwidth and concentration allows.

Sending love, cheer and good wishes to all of you. XOXOXO

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think we got 30 cms of snow is less than 24 hours. Snow to my knees! I needed a Sherpa!
EYIYIYI. Streets are a messy clean up in progress.

Glad I didn't agree to work tomorrow. I need a break as it has been busy at work. My fridge is full of beer and champagne and we don't drink beer!! LOL

@missy your leggings are adorable and go well with those great boots!!
@marcy I like your ring/shank/width--but you know what you feel comfortable with.
@Austina hope your new lockdown doesn't cause too much stress on your supply chain.

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

How can it be 42 years since Colin and I got married :-o?

Thanks @canuk-gal. The problems are all going to be caused by the media whipping up a frenzy that there’ll be shortages, which will become a self fulfilling prophecy because people will go out and panic buy :doh: Most of the lorries stacking in Kent are continental drivers with empty lorries trying to get home. The French closing their borders, politically motivated because of Brexit and fishing rights :roll: Oy, hurry up and be over this year. 30cms of snow, good grief! I’m glad you don’t have to work, you deserve a break.

Glad you’ve almost got the problem sorted @MMtwo, it sounds like it’s been the typical frustrating issues dealing with bureaucracy.

I hope you’re having a good visit with your SIL @marcy, and have got all your baking done. How long do you have off for Christmas?

Those leggings are really great @missy, very festive and fun. I’m glad you had the beach almost to yourself again, it must be wonderful having all that on your doorstep. Bubbalah is also looking like a crisp sparkly snowflake. Continuing to keep you and Greg in our thoughts, and wishing the time away so he can get on with the surgery and start healing.

I’m glad to see the ferals are looking in good condition, despite the cold and snow.

Did you have a nice anniversary @bling_dream19 ? Hasn’t the time flown by?

How’s the unpacking going @Bayek, are you nearly all sorted? Friends of ours moved on Friday, not ideal timing, but hey ho. They were living in Iowa, somewhere fairly rural, but they’ve moved in to town to be close to all the facilities.

Sending big love and virtual hugs to all the lovely NIRDI, thinking of you all and hoping you’re doing well.

I’m so annoyed at myself, Adam rang yesterday evening while we were in bed watching TV, and the phone slipped out of my hand and has smashed the top of my bedside chest :doh: I’m hoping I’ll be able to ease the whole top of and get a new piece of mirror cut to repair it, or it’ll mean buying a new chest.

We’re waiting for a food delivery, and of course, because people have been going crazy, they’re out of eggs and bread, so I may have to go out later and see if I can get some. Honestly our press are the absolute pits! :angryfire:

We’re going to order some Thai food for this evening as we can’t go out, I keep reminding myself that this year is almost over and next year WILL be better.

Have a good day :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy and wonderful (I hope) Wednesday.

I think we got 30 cms of snow is less than 24 hours. Snow to my knees! I needed a Sherpa!
EYIYIYI. Streets are a messy clean up in progress.

Glad I didn't agree to work tomorrow. I need a break as it has been busy at work. My fridge is full of beer and champagne and we don't drink beer!! LOL

@missy your leggings are adorable and go well with those great boots!!

Wow that is a lot of snow Sharon! You do need a Sherpa lol. They are amazing. Stay safe and be careful. When it becomes icy I stay inside but that is due to my fragile bones. I have to be super careful til we can figure out what is the cause (my guess is hyperparathyroidism and if so I can perhaps stop the damage) but I digress! All this to say be careful. We want our Sharon to remain well and whole. How is your neck swelling? Any updates from the doctor? Thanks for the legging love. Sending you big hugs and hope you enjoy all the champagne and some goodies to go along with that. (((HUGS))).

Thanks @missy The leggings are adorable and perfect for a snowy winter, which my hubby wants very badly lol! I wore my Christmas reindeer snowflake sweatshirt yesterday. I have some basic black leggings that I will use for layered with the thin fun leggings! You always got my back girl and I appreciate that!

Always have your back. Always. Have a wonderful holiday week and weekend and all my love to you. XOXO.

Mission almost accomplished. I paid an outstanding ticket, insured the vehicle, inspected at a garage (we have a yearly vehicle exam and sticker), and...in the best possible outcomes...contacted DMV through Twitter and skirted the customary 3 month wait. Yes, Twitter customer service rocks. We are picking up his plates tomorrow on the 23rd. It's a Christmas miracle! I will drop him at his van and...just WHEW! I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

Congratulations! No matter the motive you done good girl. Real good. And also kudos for working for the betterment of the homeless population. I hope Santa rewards you handsomely though I know you do it from the goodness of your heart. XOXO.

@Austina oh no, I am sorry you damaged your furniture but just glad you didn't cut yourself. I am sorry people are going crazy and perhaps hoarding again and I hope you are still well set with food and supplies and will ride out the mad behavior. Hope you enjoyed your Thai food and all remains calm by you. Thank you for your continued good wishes. They are much appreciated. I believe in the power of healing and good wishes. And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to both of you. A match made in heaven and a purrrrrfect match at that. Speaking of purrrrfect how is Bertie doing? I know he is doing great how could he not be with a loving new family to call his own. Makes me smile every time I think of him and Adam and Kim rescuing him for good. XOXO.

@SallyBrown shout out. Hugs to you and hope you are enjoying a fun holiday week.

What evil lurks in the dark?

D80650EE-3C2E-4702-8215-2446109743F5.jpeg

Bwahahaha. Love it. Have a good holiday week and weekend Marcy. XOXO.

Hey @Slick1 and @MamaBee you ladies are the best. Thank you for all your blingy attention and help. @MamaBee hope your finger is healing well. Big hugs to you. @Slick1 hope you are enjoying the fruits of all your hard work these past couple of years and healing well and smiling bright. You deserve it and hope the road from hereon in is smooth sailing. XOXO.

@Bayek hope you are doing well and your family are all well. Sending you lots of love and hugs. You're da best girlie. XOXO.

@Scandinavian hugs and happy holidays. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all in good holiday cheer. Yesterday we had a great walk in the woods and hiked despite some snow left it was almost all melted. Though we have another storm coming tomorrow (all rain I believe) and then more snow on the way. Sigh. Winter really is here.

Today Greg is heading in to the city for his CT scan with and without dye and another ultrasound. I am nervous for him and hope for the best. You all know already how he is my everything so I won't go on and on and on. But I am very worried and I appreciate all your collective good wishes. And believe me I really do and take note and it means so much to me that you care and are sending all your good energy our way. And same to you. XOXOXO. Love you ladies.

Leaving you with a few photos from our hike/walk yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 6.33.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 6.32.39 AM.png

And lastly Bubbalah back home under the Christmas tree. This was after our 5 mile hike and my fingers were still quite swollen. Does anyone else get swollen fingers after a long walk?

bubbalahunderthechristmastreedecember2020.png

Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies. (((Hugs))).

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies - I'm just dropping in to say I'm thinking of you all.

@missy
@bling_dream19
@Bayek
@canuk-gal
@MamaBee
@marcy
@Sally Brown
@Austina
@MMtwo
@Scandinavian (I can have that puppy, right??)
@junebug17
...and any missed NIRDIs...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Unfortunately, my back has gone from bad to worse and I'm having surgery of a somewhat extensive nature in January. Consequently, I can't sit comfortably, so am just not online at the moment, including on PS. It will probably be another month.

My love to all of you - and my apologies for disappearing for a few weeks. Best wishes for this festive season, and warmest, bestest wishes for a way better New Year!

oxoxo

<3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear your news @mrs-b, sending all good wishes for a successful surgery and finally relief from all your pain.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I’m so sorry your back is causing you so much pain. I hope to hear that you feel so much better after your surgery..Big but gentle hugs!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

How can it be 42 years since Colin and I got married :-o?

Thanks @canuk-gal. The problems are all going to be caused by the media whipping up a frenzy that there’ll be shortages, which will become a self fulfilling prophecy because people will go out and panic buy :doh: Most of the lorries stacking in Kent are continental drivers with empty lorries trying to get home. The French closing their borders, politically motivated because of Brexit and fishing rights :roll: Oy, hurry up and be over this year. 30cms of snow, good grief! I’m glad you don’t have to work, you deserve a break.

Glad you’ve almost got the problem sorted @MMtwo, it sounds like it’s been the typical frustrating issues dealing with bureaucracy.

I hope you’re having a good visit with your SIL @marcy, and have got all your baking done. How long do you have off for Christmas?

Those leggings are really great @missy, very festive and fun. I’m glad you had the beach almost to yourself again, it must be wonderful having all that on your doorstep. Bubbalah is also looking like a crisp sparkly snowflake. Continuing to keep you and Greg in our thoughts, and wishing the time away so he can get on with the surgery and start healing.

I’m glad to see the ferals are looking in good condition, despite the cold and snow.

Did you have a nice anniversary @bling_dream19 ? Hasn’t the time flown by?

How’s the unpacking going @Bayek, are you nearly all sorted? Friends of ours moved on Friday, not ideal timing, but hey ho. They were living in Iowa, somewhere fairly rural, but they’ve moved in to town to be close to all the facilities.

Sending big love and virtual hugs to all the lovely NIRDI, thinking of you all and hoping you’re doing well.

I’m so annoyed at myself, Adam rang yesterday evening while we were in bed watching TV, and the phone slipped out of my hand and has smashed the top of my bedside chest :doh: I’m hoping I’ll be able to ease the whole top of and get a new piece of mirror cut to repair it, or it’ll mean buying a new chest.

We’re waiting for a food delivery, and of course, because people have been going crazy, they’re out of eggs and bread, so I may have to go out later and see if I can get some. Honestly our press are the absolute pits! :angryfire:

We’re going to order some Thai food for this evening as we can’t go out, I keep reminding myself that this year is almost over and next year WILL be better.

Have a good day :wavey:

@Austina The crazy hoarding is happening here too. People are just crazy..
I’m sorry your bedside table glass cracked. Maybe you can get the manufacturer to send you a new top?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas dear nirdis!
Happy 42nd anniversary dear @Austina what an accomplishment! And you are very happy and love each other very much! I wish you many many more joyful years in love and harmony.
@missy Hi my friend! I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. That's been weighing on my mind and my deepest condolences to you and Greg are extended. I hope the ct scan went well today. Thinking about you and I always have your back too. Love and hugs and cheery leggings xo.
@mrs-b thanks for the shout out and hang in there girl! S
Praying for your pain to go away. This is your favorite time of year and I'm wishing you and Tim much joy and magic this Christmas season!
@marcy Hi friend! @junebug17 hi friend @canuk-gal and @Bayek love and hugs to all for a very Merry Christmas!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Christmas Eve girls!

@mrs-b sending continued healing vibes and good thoughts and much love your way. I am so sorry and I hope you find relief soon and if an operation is necessary it goes smoothly. I know how stressful this is in addition to the pain. I hope you can feel my love and gentle hugs and good wishes. XOXO.

hugemoji.jpg

@Austina sending you so many good wishes and happy holiday cheer. We will be celebrating with loved ones in person next year. I feel sure of that. And hope I am right. In the meantime big hugs and much love and may you and Colin have a wonderful Christmas together. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 thank you sweet friend. I feel your wonderful enthusiasm and love through the page and it is much appreciated. Hugs to you and may you and your family enjoy a wondrous and loving Christmas. XOXO.

@MamaBee yay for your finger feeling much better. I hope Bailey is doing OK and that somehow his kidneys start working better. There are no words when our loved ones become ill and we feel so helpless. (((Hugs))).

@SallyBrown happy holidays and hugs.

@Keeliamira wishing you a pain free healthy happy Christmas. XOXO.

@junebug17 merry Christmas to you and your family.

@MMtwo hoping you and your loved ones are doing well and happy holidays. XOXO

@marcy hope you and Marty enjoy a happy and healthy holiday and that the bunnies behave and leave those bears alone. Hugs.

@Scandinavian hugs and happy holidays. XOXO

@Bayek love you Kate the Great...happy holidays to you and all your family. Please send my love to all.

@canuk-gal hope you have a good Christmas and Christmas eve and I am sending you lots of hugs and love across the miles. XOXO.

@sarahb happy holidays to you and your family. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. I am sorry if I left you out but you are all in my thoughts.

Greg's CT scan and US went OK. We are seeing his surgeon next Tuesday to get the results and prepare for surgery in January. A big rain storm is coming today with very high winds so just wanted to make sure I get to wish you all a happy and healthy Christmas Eve and Christmas in case I cannot get online later. Hugs to you and stay well and safe. XOXO.

Leaving you with Gracie playing fetch. She is a sassy lassie.

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.00.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.00.14 AM.png

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies - I'm just dropping in to say I'm thinking of you all.

Unfortunately, my back has gone from bad to worse and I'm having surgery of a somewhat extensive nature in January. Consequently, I can't sit comfortably, so am just not online at the moment, including on PS. It will probably be another month.

My love to all of you - and my apologies for disappearing for a few weeks. Best wishes for this festive season, and warmest, bestest wishes for a way better New Year!

oxoxo

<3

Hi @mrs-b, No need to apologize at all! While I am sorry you need surgery, I am happy that you will be able to get it so you can be more comfortable. If you need anything while you are convalescing, please let me know. I will be thinking of you in the next few weeks, knowing that you have a wonderful support system and lots of great karma already. I hope you enjoy your family, friends, furbabies, and that fantastic curated jewelry collection!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you @bling_dream19, 42 years have gone by in a flash! Happy Christmas have a lovely day whatever you do.

I’ve done a bit of research @MamaBee and I can get a piece of glass cut with bevelled edges, to fit the top. I just have to get the broken top off, it’ll take some effort, but I’m sure I can do it. We have some adhesive called Sticks Like Sh*t, so I’m sure that’ll work just fine. :lol: I hope tomorrow isn’t too stressful for you, and the family appreciate all the hard work you‘ve put it to making it special for them.

@junebug17 I hope you get to spend time with DS & DH and have the perfect day, Merry Christmas.

I hope that the weather isn’t too bad there, and you have a peaceful Christmas Day @canuk-gal.

Happy Christmas @springerspaniel, hope you and the pups have a good day.

I hear the weather is crazy there @Bayek, 75 deg C yesterday and cold today. Have a lovely Christmas in your beautiful new home.

Enjoy your time off work @marcy, relax and enjoy some Christmas spirit!

That’s good news the tests went well yesterday @missy, and that you’Ve got an appt for Greg next week to get the results, Thankfully it’s not too long to wait for the surgery. Your cold wild weather is heading over here, it’s decidedly bitter here today, so we’re staying in and keeping warm.

Happy Christmas to all the other lovely NIRDIs, what a year it’s been, and thank goodness it’s almost over. There IS hope on the horizon, we’ve just got to hang on and wait and keep safe. If we can survive this year, we can survive just about anything.

I hope you all have a lovely day, whatever you’re doing over the holidays, enjoy it even though it’s not what any of us planned. Big love and hugs to you all.

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results