carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s

@Austina I totally agree with you; Marty’s truck may have been sacrificed to save lives. That is a very busy intersection and it was about 3:15 so right when school would have been getting out. You can’t beat having that knowledge of when is the best time to go shopping. I have not picked up gift cards for my employees yet and might opt to buy gift cards on Amazon that you can print out. So sorry they had to tear up your floors but I am so glad they fixed the problem. Sounds like everything is patched up really well too. How frustrating for Colin trying to get some things uploaded. I turn in to a regular Gordon Ramsey with computer problems. I hate to hear about Colin’s heartbeat; I hope the beta blockers take care of that!

@MMtwo oh no for having a T Rex arm. Strange you should mention that - I have short arms and get teased for that all the time. I was gifted a book called T Rex trying that is always good for a laugh. Our home owners insurance is the same company as our auto insurance. Marty’s pickup was in front of his gym though. I am also looking forward to 2020 being a bad memory! Nice you don’t have drifting issues. Our driveway and front lawn appear to be the high spot on our street and snow really drifts there. Once my SIL gets here and stays for a few week she’ll park on the far end of our drive way and I hope that doesn’t cause drifts right behind the garage where we back out to the driveway. Could be a mess!

@Bayek your house is so gorgeous! I bet you are excited. Darn to be stuck on that committee. I know we can’t get people to take over positions in the astronomy club. It’s like tag - you are it!

@missy glad to hear you only got about 6” of snow there. Around here when we get fog and it’s below freezing it settles on the ground to become an instant sheet of ice. It is nasty! Absolutely there is no age limit on fun. I often point out my age vastly exceeds my maturity level. Sorry to hear about the possible COVID exposure; hoping no one was really exposed.

@mrs-b I totally agree I’d rather have Marty’s truck damaged than someone get killed. Hopefully his truck can be fixed and like the rest of 2020 crap - it’s all behind us soon. Now I doubt we’ll ever look back on it and laugh though. LOL I bet that corgi is almost lost in that much snow.

So far my ring has not arrived. The jewelry store sent me a notice delivery was delayed yet FedEx says it is out on a truck for delivery. Hurry up. I was playing cribbage online with a friend of mine during lunch and sat where I could see out the front door and said “Hurry up FedEx” and she thought I was talking to her and called her Fat As*. Too funny!

I picked up a grocery take out at about 10 this morning; since it was so decent out I topped off my gas tank while I was out. 50 cents off per gallon - woo hoo! Got to save money for that new pickup (maybe).

I was going to brew up some Christmas cookies this afternoon but might make popcorn for supper instead.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OH NO TO SNOW!!!!!! I mean it!!!

Work was double toothpicks.

@Austina I think I might have had a melt down in your kitchen. Glad you did not. I am glad Colin's Cardiologist is on top of things.

I will have an ultrasound of my thyroid tomorrow. Protocol. Don't know why I have a node swelling, (comes and goes); just odd I guess. I am otherwise very well. So much fun to spend days off from the medical system to be a patient in the medical system.

Christmas is around the corner but just doesn't seem like it. I guess the best way to generate Christmas spirit is to believe. And Keep the faith. And to sing loud enough for all to hear.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal I hope they figure out why you have a node swelling. Good luck tomorrow. Sending you mega dust. Good idea to sing out loud, Marty always tell me that I sound like a cat screeching but I love to sing along with songs in my car.

My ring arrived. First I HATE the canned ceiling lights in my house - might run downstairs where we have spotlights. Here is a crappy picture. I like the color and the ring. It is very sparkly and shiny. Not thrilled with how thin the band is; which partly means it is loose on my finger. Hoping to have time to get some pictures tomorrow or Saturday.

Ring.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I am truly sorry about your back pain, I understand. I have found that pain is alleviated with replacements in my case not ALL pain, I've never been able to life my left leg up because there is something not right in my replacement there, my latest ortho surgeon xrayed and said it looked fine, sooo I figure - if I can walk I'm okay.. pain is depressing, and enveloping of bad juju, for me anyway..

oh I understand about moving, your house is gorgeous and I don't think it needs a pool, in Boston it's hot really just May-Sept.. but in hotternhell TX it's hot 9 months out of 12.. disgusting, but my son and granddaughter are here so here I stay, and happily... again I wish there were some magic procedure to alleviate the pain..

I think your thoughts on @marcy's husband truck is a great way to view it, a PITA but it did save lives.. it's just another PITA around the holidays, not that it isn't a PITA anytime.. :)

@Austina sending a hug to Colin, my brother is wearing a harness thingy now because his heart beats fast also, but so far there has been nothing to show why. this whole scenario with your island and electricity is straight out of a book of horrors of the homeowner, BUT once done you will finally be free of this mess and then you can move here!.. take it easy, and be good to Austina. :)

@missy my most marvelous Missy, I understand Missy, I am sooosooo vigilant on parathyroid disease, I also know it takes many many years for it to cause what happened to Gen, my sister.. but you must never, ever, ever forget you.. I know Greg is taking priority and I get it, I want his to be over for him and you.

Everyone is good Missy, Chris sent me a pix outside his window in Clinton Hill, snow didn't look too bad, (the day b4 he sent me a pix of his pizza and I was jealous).. my family here is great, Katie is good, she's not going up to Erie PA to see her Dad for xmas and that weighs very heavily on her.. Danny is fine, working hard, Anne his wife is working hard, all the girls are good and little Evan is getting to be BIG Evan, he'll be 2 in March... Little Neve has movie star's kids in her kindergarten class, sounds very posh to me.. Kate says it's hard not to gawk..

OHHH your friends tree looks so beautiful.. warm, inviting.. love it.. and the bikes wowza! there is nowhere like the GREAT NORTHEAST! love you girl.

@canuk-gal how's the neck girlie? stay warm..

@marcy Girl!!! what a workout.. man oh man (eww showing my 1960s vibe here!).. that is totally awesome Marcy, you impress me so much.. how's the cookies? send some to me.. :)

hi to everyone.. hope everyone is warm and safe!

xoxoxo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy okay I post and your post pops up.. your RING IS BEAUTIFUL.. cannot wait to see more pix.. xoxox

@canuk-gal you take care and it doesn't feel real christmasy but as you say, we just need to sing out! and often.. so it's off to check the thyroid.. good, they need to get to the bottom of why your node swells and then goes down... xoxoxo

bye again everyone, till tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek I hate to hear your brother has a fast heart beat and they don't know why. I hope they get that taken care of for him soon. It sounds like your family are all doing good. Sweet. I have been "testing" too many cookies so I need to bake more. Ha Ha. This weekend is sugar cookies and candy cane. I'll get some in the mail for you. Thank you on my ring. I can't wait to see it in sunlight and natural light.

I did venture downstairs and took a few pictures.

Rings.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waah - Marty made me put my ring back in the box; I guess I won't get it back until Christmas.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy FriYAY.
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

@Bayek I am happy your family is doing well and everyone is good. Thank you for all your kind loving support as always. One day at a time. One hour at a time. We will get through this. Pandemic and health crises all. Hugs and love to you Great Kate. Did you ever get my recent texts?

@bling_dream19 hope you enjoy a lot of yay in this FriYAY and have a wonderful weekend.
XOXO

@Slick1 hope your ring is returned safely and the PayPal ordeal is over soon. Hugs. And yay the weekend is almost here.

@springerspaniel enjoy a lovely weekend. Hugs.

@sarahb IDK if you are reading but hello and happy holidays. Hope all is well. Hugs.

@Austina how is Colin doing? And yay for your fixed issues and I can imagine how relieved you are feeling. Woohoo good weekend for you guys. XOXO.

@SallyBrown how is your sweet pup doing with the meds? How are you feeling about your upcoming surgery? The rest of this month should go quickly. NY just canceled all their elective surgeries and I am keeping my fingers crossed Greg's surgery and your surgery are not canceled. Greg's surgery is in NYC but I am hoping that cancer surgeries are not canceled. Hugs.

@MMtwo how much snow did you end up getting? It is below freezing here so I don't think we will be walking today either due to all the ice. Not worth the risk. How is your family doing? Haha to T rex arms. I have the opposite problem and it isn't a better problem to have IMO. My tandem bike guy said to me when he was fitting us for our custom tandem that I had the longest arms and legs he ever saw. LOL. Hugs.

@canuk-gal hope you get good news from your doctor at today's ultrasound. I have a few nodules on my thyroid but they are small. Hope you are clear and all goes well. I hear you about spending time at the hospital and doctor's offices. We have been spending much time there between Greg and me and I hate that you are in that mode right now. But hopefully it is temporary and all will be well. Hugs and hang in there. And yes it is Christmas weather now too. Our weather is now officially Canadian with a wind-chill of 18F. I am not built for this weather. Nope. LOL. Canadians are tougher than Americans. For sure. XOXO.

@marcy your sapphire ring is gorgeous. Bluetiful. Bluelicious. Love it. Wear in good health and blingy joy. Boo to Marty making you put the ring away. Tell him no. You wear that ring now if you want to. Remind him happy wife...happy life...I didn't need to finish that sentence but I wanted to haha. Anyway you do you and do what you want to. And yes to popcorn for supper. I do it after supper but it works either way. XOXO.

@mrs-b lots of warm hugs and much love going your way. Stay warm and stay comfy and I hope all of us find relief from our medical issues. One day at a time. I'm here for you and please know anything I can do for you to help I will. Keeping good thoughts for you and Tim. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well. Here we are very close to Christmas. Hopefully this is the last Christmas we will spend in a pandemic and looking forward to more cheerful times. But we make the best of things for now. Sending you all warm hugs and cheer and enjoy a lovely FriYAY with more YAY than not. XOXO.

Leaving you with Samson saying hey to us as we played cards yesterday afternoon and then Bobby sleeping under the tree all warm and cozy. Awwwww.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 6.55.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 6.56.27 AM.png

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My setters were having a wonderful time, too...right up until last night when it started bucketing down.

How did I not know that you have setters??? Is it possible to ask for a tiny little picture? (I love dogs as you might have realised by now LOL)
If you want to see something hilarious, you should be looking out my living room window right now. One of our neighbors is walking her corgi. In 12" of snow. A corgi... Oh lordy....!!!

Oh my.... learning to swim are we...? :lol-2:
The electrician rewired it all back up and tested the hob, and it was working

Thank goodness!
surgery is scheduled tentatively for the 13th of January.
Not too bad!

Biopsy won't be back for another 2 weeks or so

Can’t wait.... but hey! That is really quite soon in COVID world, isn’t it? I think I remember that they have to grow the sample or something like that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait.... but hey! That is really quite soon in COVID world, isn’t it? I think I remember that they have to grow the sample or something like that.

The surgeon took 5 samples (5 biopsies I guess) from Greg's thyroid. I thought that might be excessive but hopefully he knows what he is doing. He wanted to make sure he got a viable sample for biopsy. I think it normally takes 2-3 weeks according to what he told us for the results to come in so maybe yes they grow it? IDK. I am resisting Dr Google lol.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek I hate to hear your brother has a fast heart beat and they don't know why. I hope they get that taken care of for him soon. It sounds like your family are all doing good. Sweet. I have been "testing" too many cookies so I need to bake more. Ha Ha. This weekend is sugar cookies and candy cane. I'll get some in the mail for you. Thank you on my ring. I can't wait to see it in sunlight and natural light.

I did venture downstairs and took a few pictures.

Rings.jpeg

Wow! Blingtastic!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning @missy !
amazing kitties
I raise you one puppy, sadly not mine lol but might have to steal him from so friends of mine soon 58922658-69BD-4C49-8B2D-B0FC57850777.jpeg

Awwww I want! Greg and I played poker yesterday and then May I and I bet him two puppies if I won and I did win! So bring on the puppies. Though I am thinking more of 2 adult rescue dogs. Woohoo I am getting 2 dogs!!! (Not right now but definitely at some point in the future... #winningatcards :) )

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Good morning lovely ladies.
Well, we're here and made it to another Friday. One day at a time.

@Austina I am so glad they found the issue on tile two...it would be so 2020 to have a kitchen floor that looks like a garden mole left a path. Congratulations on finishing up your painting. I think what you did for your post lady is so sweet. I would imagine it is such a nice thing during what must feel like a tribulation period at the Post Office. Glad Colin is okay! 2020 has been such a stressful time.

@mrs-b Hope you feel better soon. One and a half hours in a tube would be tough. Good luck with the doctor on the 22nd. I hope they can help you feel better soon. Back pain is miserable.

@Bayek You are so sweet to check in on everyone. I really love your house so much. You have great taste. I love the clean lines and quiet colors and elegant scale...I'm so happy for you (but maybe less so the moving).

@marcy you crack me up. I love the ring...all the pictures are nice. The color is beautiful. So funny how you have the same chats I have with my hubby too. I get to play with my Christmas present, then put it away. :(((( I may or may not visit it to say hello, try it on then put it back. He just laughs at me. I can get away with it.

@Scandinavian what a sweet little face. I would steal him away too. Stay warm!

@canuk-gal I hope you hear more about your neck soon and that it is nothing big. It's great they could see you so quickly.

@missy sending good vibes your way for your health. We didn't get much snow - maybe 3 inches. We had more sleet than was expected, so that helped keep the totals down. It did make things icy. I guess you all got quite a snowstorm. Hope you can get back outside soon! Your friend's view is lovely. What a pretty tree, too.

I took the day off today. A friend needs a hand and it looks like an all-day project to help fix the situation. It involves DMV with a 2-month wait and an abandoned vehicle.

I have my best problem-solving hat on and I have a bet with hubby that I can fix an unfixable problem by the end of the day. I do not believe in the word "no". I am singular and annoying as hell. I am calling forth all of the angels and conniving all the angles. Challenge accepted. DMV, here I come.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohoo @marcy, your ring is stunning, just a beautiful colour and the setting really shows it off to it’s best. Boo to it being put away until Christmas, doesn’t Marty know that you need to wear it to break it in ;-)? I’d set the guard dog on Marty if he doesn’t relent:mrgreen:

I hope you got your friend’s problem sorted out @MMtwo, you sound like one very determined lady, so I’ve no doubt you did. I’m in the UK, and the plan is to relocate to Austin next year to be near Adam and Kim. We were happy to get Nicky (postlady) something, I know she’ll be on her own at Christmas and she’s always so friendly and helpful. She knows she can sign for any parcels on our behalf and where to hide them if we’re out.

You’re killing me @Scandinavian, I can’t wait to snuggle a doggie again, your friend’s pup is just gorgeous.

Aww Bobby looks so sweet under the tree @missy, what other present could anyone ask for? Samson certainly lives up to his name, he’s huge! Amen to next Christmas being nothing like this one, hopefully the new year will see us turn the corner on this nightmare and be on the road to some kind of normality, even if it’s not the normality we know. Greg’s surgery will be over and you both will be heading towards better health. Colin is feeling fine, I do think the stress of dealing with the issues we’ve been having, have taken a toll, so we’re going to have a complete rest for a couple of weeks. He spent hours over the last couple of days trying to complete forms on a Govt website that kept kicking him out minutes after logging in. Adam suggested changing browser, and hey presto, it work, he managed to get to the end of forms for both of us successfully.

I hope your ultrasound went well today @canuk-gal and you get some answers as to why you’re getting the swelling In your neck.

I hope after all the trials and tribulations with the house, your move goes smoothly this weekend @Bayek. Don’t try to do too much at once, just unpack what you need first, and the rest can be done gradually (says she who had the whole house unpacked in a day :lol:). Do as I say, not as I do!!!! Everything in the house is looking amazing, and once you’re settled, hopefully you’ll think it’s been worth it. I’m looking forward to hotterenhell for 9 months of the year:bigsmile:

I’ve got to start doing some stretching, my hips are so tight ATM, oy, it’s definitely not that I’m getting old :lol-2:

I definitely think Bertie (Breakfast) is winning Adam over, Kim said yesterday that he’s been snuggling with him in the evenings, so I really hope they’re going to apply to adopt him soon. He’s such a clever boy and learning quickly. Adam said when he walks him, if another dog charges at the fence and starts barking, he knows that he mustn’t react, and now he checks himself, and sits (which they’ve taught him to do) without being told. He’s looking so much better too, his skin and coat are in really good condition now. When Adam holds up the harness, he pokes his head through to put it on. I told Adam it wouldn’t take much, just consistency, to turn him in to the perfect dog. They go out and leave him every day, to get him used to it, he barks once or twice, then settles down.

We’re being put in to Tier 3 as of tomorrow, so basically things are closing again, so I’m glad we’ve got ourselves stocked up for the next few weeks.

Leaving you with a photo of the kitchen floor, I used my hob today, and so far, everything’s fine. :pray: F6CECF16-7217-4F24-ACDB-23546FA69BA9.jpeg

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have driven more in 5 days than in 5 months! Sheesh! Anyway, since it is Friday the US results won't be received by my GP until next week. I am not worried--I've had these nodules investigated 30 years ago and it wasn't an issue then.

I had to make yucky turn off the freeway to visit a certain shop--took all my skill not to end up like Marty's truck! Dangerous corner. Anyway.

Making my arrangements for our supper over the holidays....we are usually out for Christmas Eve and Boxing Day at restaurants but this year it will be take out. A new spin on old traditions.

I hope all NIRDIs are well, and shout out to all!!! Stay warm @missy ! And that Samson is HUGE! Looks pretty healthy too.....

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy WOW WOW what a gorgeous ring, so so CLASSY.. it looks beautiful, great choice and beautiful and blingalicious as @missy always says. Thank you about my brother and your kind comments, I too hope he's on the mend, he's had 3 strokes, luckily for him all on the right side of his brain and he's not lost the ability to speak at all, he is very weak on his left side and is again trying to find out why he keeps having strokes, that is why he's wearing the heart monitor too.. thank you so much, means a lot to me that you took the time to read my stuff and comment. xoxoxo

@missy I got the bday texts and thank you so much.. I have been truly in a fog, it's amazing to me how a concussion screws up your brain, it's like it's foggy (worse than ever ha!) so I will check my 2:00 my time here 3 yours.

1608321881235.png

I wish I could take all feral cats and dogs, I wish there was a world where there was a home or safe place for all our fur family/kids.. Samson is gorgeous and Tommy?? always beautiful.

Surgery on the 13th? Wait on the pups but how exciting!!!! fantastic. What kind of poker do you two play? it looks so beautiful out your way Missy.. so holiday infused. xoxoxoxoxo

Missy the most marvelous and majestic woman, a friend forever, thank you for all.. love you.. mucho! btw. xoxoxox

@Scandinavian Thanks Scandi, we are done and ready to move in, except we have no stove or dishwasher, or gas tank.. not much of a worry except no hot water hahaha, next week!.. hope everyone is well and happy in Scandi land! xoxoxo

@Austina sounds wonderful that Colin and YOU have some rest Austina, before you know it, you will be here... we'll meet for dinner and wine and laugh at this damn covid.. you are one of the many reasons why 2021 is going to be wonderful. So sorry you all are going to Tier 3, but be safe is better than be sorry.. I hope Adam wants to keep that gorgeous pup... how wonderful, and I admire him for making sure a new dog fits into their lifestyle.. my kind of son. I'm so so so happy you can use hob and all is well..

@mrs-b so hope you are feeling okay today.. sending hugs and love. xoxo

@canuk-gal hope your neck is feeling better! happy friday! xoxo

@bling_dream19 how's by you - Christmas! I hope all is well your way., xoxox

@Niffler75 hey how are you and your son and husband? sending Christmas cheer and love your waay.

@Slick1 I hope you have gotten your ring back.. jeeze people are nuts Slick, just nuts, I think after reading about this clusterf I would only sell to PSers. Hope you are enjoying the winter and feeling the spirit of Christmas.. sending love to you.

@Keeliamira hello and hope you are doing well! xoxoxo

leaving with a few pix of the house from a few hours ago.

John and the plumbers who didn't know that the the problem in the kitchen was fixed.. that's John talking to them.

1608322839192.png

far side of house, we are going to fence that in.

1608322901507.png

front door

1608322966478.png

So look at this, see the metal bar which is an accent I guess THEN LOOK at the drain pipe, hahaha, looks horrible, so we've been back and forth and finally decided the best thing to do is take the pipe thing and put a rain chain there, it will look less stupid, I find this an architectural mistake.. overpriced architect in other words, it's like that in the back and I suppose we will eventually change that one to a chain too.

1608323127709.png

I have a reunion with my class in an hour and one half, so off I go to shower and try to make myself look at least 51..

love you guys..

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY sweet Nirdis!
@marcy thanks for the cake reminder! I took it out of the freezer and we are excited to have it with a glass of champagne! I am sooo about Marty's truck. Thankful everyone is ok.
Ok WOW I love your beatiful sparkly sapphire ring! It is bluetiful :kiss2: And we will always enjoy more handshots=)2 Teddy will protect your ring but you could ask him if you could wear it and just say you're just asking for a friend :lol:
@missy Always thinking about you and Greg! I'm worried about your finger! I am loving your leggings always! Thank you for all the love and thinking of me. Hoping you have a relaxing weekend and enjoy QT with your DH. Lots of love and hugs to you girl.
@Bayek I cannot believe you have a concussion, my heart has been hurting. But Kate the Great will be good as new very soon! Your house is just beautiful - I love everything.
@Austina Glad to hear your dh is being monitored and is healthy. Sending a big Merry Christmas to you!
Hello and shout outs to all! Busy time of year but very special. Love and hugs to all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh @Bayek I am sorry about your concussion! Healing vibes across the miles!!!

@bling_dream19 entry your cake and champagne!! Sounds wonderful!

cheers--Sharon

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

@Scandinavian Your doggies are so cute playing out in the snow. And your friend’s puppy...sigh :kiss2:

@marcy I hope you get good news from your insurance company. I don’t think our insurance rates went up much at all when the uninsured drunk driver hit our parked car, as we had no control over the situation. Fingers crossed that your insurance company understands this too! BTW Your ring is gorgeous!!!

@Austina I hope your home projects can be completed soon and there are no more surprises. Television shows always make home improvement seem so much more fun, faster, and cheaper than they really are. Grr!

@missy So now you and Greg have possibly been exposed to covid and your finger looks to be injured too?! OMG. :x2 This year has been completely unfair to you guys. 2021 has got to be much better. I have my fingers and toes crossed that Greg can get his surgery in mid-January as planned. In researching Illinois surgeries/postponements I came across a headline that said NYC cancelled elective procedures today but then may have reversed the decision (?). The article from Crain’s NY was behind a paywall so all I saw was the headline. Either way Greg’s surgery shouldn’t be considered elective at all and I hope NY sees it that way!

I just remembered that my sister has Hashimoto’s. So she has a thyroid issue and I had a parathyroid issue and we both spent many childhood years in the NYC metro area. So if you find any leads on radiation issues I would be curious. I saw a documentary a long time ago about the Indian Point nuclear plant along the Hudson and the problems they’ve had. But maybe that’s far enough away from the 5 boroughs. I can’t remember. Such a mystery Missy. XOXOXO

Thanks to everyone who asked about Noodle. Her Cushing’s med is starting to work and no potty accidents today. She also played fetch for the 1st time in months. Yeah! =)2

Have a nice weekend everyone! Hugs!

Last edited:

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock

@missy 1st article in link above. It says the article is from today, Dec. 18th, but I can’t read it.

Having to search the internet to find this info out is frustrating. My surgeon hasn’t returned my calls so this is what I’m doing. Grrr...

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday. It's a cold weekend here. Very icy.

@Austina yay for Breakfast winning Adam over and fingers crossed that continues. I hope he and Kim make Breakfast theirs. I hope your stretching helps your hips and you woke up this AM pain free. And that Colin is feeling strong and well too. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing that info with me re the NPC. I wrote back to you. Hope you have a wonderful and fun and peaceful weekend. And a safe one. Big hugs and lots of love.

@missy So now you and Greg have possibly been exposed to covid and your finger looks to be injured too?! OMG. :x2 This year has been completely unfair to you guys. 2021 has got to be much better. I have my fingers and toes crossed that Greg can get his surgery in mid-January as planned. In researching Illinois surgeries/postponements I came across a headline that said NYC cancelled elective procedures today but then may have reversed the decision (?). The article from Crain’s NY was behind a paywall so all I saw was the headline. Either way Greg’s surgery shouldn’t be considered elective at all and I hope NY sees it that way!

I just remembered that my sister has Hashimoto’s. So she has a thyroid issue and I had a parathyroid issue and we both spent many childhood years in the NYC metro area. So if you find any leads on radiation issues I would be curious. I saw a documentary a long time ago about the Indian Point nuclear plant along the Hudson and the problems they’ve had. But maybe that’s far enough away from the 5 boroughs. I can’t remember. Such a mystery Missy. XOXOXO

Thanks to everyone who asked about Noodle. Her Cushing’s med is starting to work and no potty accidents today. She also played fetch for the 1st time in months. Yeah! =)2

Have a nice weekend everyone! Hugs!

Dear @SallyBrown that photo was from March/April 2019 when I had to have finger surgery. I was sharing to illustrate when I wore Bubbalah without any other rings on that finger. Cause I couldn't it was so swollen. Thank you for your concern!

I wil keep you posted re anything I find out re radiation etc.

So relieved Noodle is doing well and playing fetch again. Woohoo!
Hugs to you and Noodle!

@missy 1st article in link above. It says the article is from today, Dec. 18th, but I can’t read it.

Having to search the internet to find this info out is frustrating. My surgeon hasn’t returned my calls so this is what I’m doing. Grrr...

It looks like the situation is ever evolving and can and probably will change again and again. I hope you can get your gallbladder surgery as originally scheduled and same for Greg and his thryoid/parathyroid surgery. Fingers and toes crossed.

@missy Always thinking about you and Greg! I'm worried about your finger! I am loving your leggings always! Thank you for all the love and thinking of me. Hoping you have a relaxing weekend and enjoy QT with your DH. Lots of love and hugs to you girl.

No worries! My finger is A OK. That was from last year and my finger surgery and it was a photo for that thread asking if we ever wore our rings alone. :) Lots of hugs and love to you sweet lady. Have a wonderful weekend. And yay to cake and champagne. YUmmmmmm. XOXO

@missy I got the bday texts and thank you so much.. I have been truly in a fog, it's amazing to me how a concussion screws up your brain, it's like it's foggy (worse than ever ha!) so I will check my 2:00 my time here 3 yours.

1608321881235.png

I wish I could take all feral cats and dogs, I wish there was a world where there was a home or safe place for all our fur family/kids.. Samson is gorgeous and Tommy?? always beautiful.

Surgery on the 13th? Wait on the pups but how exciting!!!! fantastic. What kind of poker do you two play? it looks so beautiful out your way Missy.. so holiday infused. xoxoxoxoxo

Missy the most marvelous and majestic woman, a friend forever, thank you for all.. love you.. mucho! btw. xoxoxox

Aww Great Kate, you are wise and wonderful and warm and amazing in all ways. How did your reunion go? You are beautiful inside and out and everyone who knows you knows that. Thank you for your enthusiasm and love. How is your head today? I hate you had a concussion. Please take good care of yourself. You are always taking such great care of everyone else. Big hugs and much love. Cannot wait for you to be in your gorgeous new home. XOXO.

@Scandinavian have a wonderful weekend and big hugs. XOXO.

@Slick1 hang in there. I hope your ring gets to you very soon. Big hugs and much love. XOXO.

@missy sending good vibes your way for your health. We didn't get much snow - maybe 3 inches. We had more sleet than was expected, so that helped keep the totals down. It did make things icy. I guess you all got quite a snowstorm. Hope you can get back outside soon! Your friend's view is lovely. What a pretty tree, too.

I took the day off today. A friend needs a hand and it looks like an all-day project to help fix the situation. It involves DMV with a 2-month wait and an abandoned vehicle.

I have my best problem-solving hat on and I have a bet with hubby that I can fix an unfixable problem by the end of the day. I do not believe in the word "no". I am singular and annoying as hell. I am calling forth all of the angels and conniving all the angles. Challenge accepted. DMV, here I come.

@MMtwo How did it go at the DMV? They can be difficult. We have lots of ice here too. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful and cozy weekend. Hugs to you.

HI:

I have driven more in 5 days than in 5 months! Sheesh! Anyway, since it is Friday the US results won't be received by my GP until next week. I am not worried--I've had these nodules investigated 30 years ago and it wasn't an issue then.

I had to make yucky turn off the freeway to visit a certain shop--took all my skill not to end up like Marty's truck! Dangerous corner. Anyway.

Making my arrangements for our supper over the holidays....we are usually out for Christmas Eve and Boxing Day at restaurants but this year it will be take out. A new spin on old traditions.

I hope all NIRDIs are well, and shout out to all!!! Stay warm @missy ! And that Samson is HUGE! Looks pretty healthy too.....

cheers--Sharon

I hope your results are A OK and that you are feeling well and enjoying a nice weekend. Samson looks knock wood good. I am grateful we can help the ferals at least a bit. My heart goes out to them when it is this brutally cold and I pray they remain safe. Big hugs to you Sharon. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. We ran a few errands but no outdoor walking yesterday. Way too treacherous. We are going to try walking in Sandy Hook later today. I am not sure if it will be too icy though so we shall see. Hope all is going well and everyone is staying warm and cozy. XOXO.

Hugs and have a lovely weekend.

In honor of Caturday Saturday I will leave you with Gracie as she falls asleep on Greg's lap yesterday afternoon. Speaking of warm and cozy. This is the definition of it. :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 8.02.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 8.02.37 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Goodmorning! my friend.. you need your gallbladder out? I dunno, how I miss this, I was off for a while, like I said, brain fog, depression, not as bad as I've had it, but close, miss miss Chris Missy, you should get your gallbladder out asap, not to be a freakout nutcase, crazy assed old woman but gallbladders can get infected, they just suck it out of you today, my late aunt's partner Elva was in the hospital for 6 weeks with an infected gallbladder, she let the pain go on and on.... please I think it's either same day or one night.. I care sweetie, we all do.I love Gracie, and Greg.. you stay in, relax and enjoy your beautiful beach home and view.. love you.. it's MOVING DAY and it's raining haha. oh well I'm not sure when I will have internet again, I hate using the phone Missy for PS, I can't read the print, but text me on the phone or insta whatever if you don't see me about, I will text you with anything important, like I'M INJ! xoxoxo have a great weekend. xoxoxoxo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal thank you Sharon, nothing like being old and falling to make ones month or two! Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas, when you hear what the docs want to do with the nodule, please post, it sounds like infection to me.. but hey I got my M.D. on the internet!

xoxoxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Goodmorning! my friend.. you need your gallbladder out? I dunno, how I miss this, I was off for a while, like I said, brain fog, depression, not as bad as I've had it, but close, miss miss Chris Missy, you should get your gallbladder out asap, not to be a freakout nutcase, crazy assed old woman but gallbladders can get infected, they just suck it out of you today, my late aunt's partner Elva was in the hospital for 6 weeks with an infected gallbladder, she let the pain go on and on.... please I think it's either same day or one night.. I care sweetie, we all do.I love Gracie, and Greg.. you stay in, relax and enjoy your beautiful beach home and view.. love you.. it's MOVING DAY and it's raining haha. oh well I'm not sure when I will have internet again, I hate using the phone Missy for PS, I can't read the print, but text me on the phone or insta whatever if you don't see me about, I will text you with anything important, like I'M INJ! xoxoxo have a great weekend. xoxoxoxo

Noooo. That’s Sally Brown. As far as I know my gallbladder is ok. Please let one body part be ok :lol:

Hugs. Love you girlie :kiss:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Have spent some time reading and trying to catch up...

@Austina, I'm glad Colin is ok and that you and he are taking a well-deserved break. Bertie is so precious, those eyes. Kim and Adam are the best for fostering him. It hurt my heart to read he had been bitten. It would be great if Kim and Adam kept him but I understand that it is a big decision. That said...I hope they do lol. What a lovely gift you gave to your post lady. I'm glad the cable issue has finally been resolved and it wasn't as bad as it could have been but it's a shame you still have to deal with some repair work.

@MMtwo, I know you talked about this a while back but I am sorry your son is feeling hopeless. We feel what our children feel so I know you are hurting too. I understand not wanting him to work in a high risk job right now, both for your safety and his. Try to hang in there; things always have a way of working out somehow. I'm sorry about your niece and her SO having covid and I hope they are doing ok. Your house is so pretty and I love the stonework on the front. Hope things went well with helping your friend and oh no to having to deal with the DMV.

@missy, I am so glad Greg's biopsy was moved up and his surgery is scheduled for January. The sooner things happen the sooner this will be behind you and Greg. My understanding is that it's good to take a lot of samples, it ensures they don't miss any areas. It's good to hear Greg's spirits are ok, this is tough news to get. I hope the biopsy results come back soon. 2-3 weeks is a long time and waiting for results is tortorous...not knowing is scary, but so is the thought of knowing. It's encouraging that the surgeon gave Greg a good prognosis. The pic of Gracie in the tree is adorable and Bobby looks so sweet under the tree.

@Bayek, hi! I'm sorry you've been feeling depressed and overwhelmed lately. This pandemic has been brutal. Your fall must have been so scary. Having a concussion is no fun and it sounds like you are still having some effects so take care and I hope you are feeling better. The house is turning out to be so beautiful. Just keep thinking about Chris staying with you in your new home...I know it still seems far away but it will happen. We just have to hang on. Auti is as cute as ever...actually, even cuter! Glad to hear the family is doing well. Sending lots of healing thoughts to your brother, sorry to hear he isn't doing well.

@MamaBee, I hope your mother's biopsies are benign, what a worry. And poor Bailey, I hope everything turns out ok. Happy Birthday to your mother, wow, 95! You have a lot going on and I hope things settle down for you a little in Maryland.

@mrs-b, I'm sorry you are having a lot of back pain and I hope it eases up for you soon.

@Sally Brown, I hope the new medication helps your furbaby and your operation goes ahead as planned.

@marcy, love the Christmas lights on the house, Marty was definitely in the Xmas spirit! I'm so sorry about his truck and glad nobody was hurt. I know it's a hassle dealing with repairs and insurance. I can see where you'd be tempted to do the ruby upgrade, with your trade-ins it's very doable! Keep us posted. I love your new sapphire ring, it's really beautiful and the color is gorgeous.

@springerspaniel, I know I've said this before but thank you for your service and for all you do to help people who are sick and scared.

@Scandinavian, I completely agree with that quote, it's so true. I'm glad your mom and grandmother are doing ok. Such a pretty pic of you, your doggies, and the snow.

@canuk-gal, I hope everything went smoothly with your ultrasound and glad to hear it's most likely not serious. Yum to pastries and cabbage rolls.

@bling_dream19, it's so nice you gave your car to dh's son, what a generous gesture. I'll bet he was thrilled. Your parents' tree is just beautiful. And Happy Belated Anniversary! Wow, hard to believe it's been a year.

Things are ok with me, family and friends are all doing well. Just trying to navigate through these days and looking forward to better times. I know I'm not alone in that LOL. Feeling similar to @Bayek, I've been finding I need some time to myself sometimes so haven't been on PS as much but I am keeping everyone in my thoughts. Dh and I are going back to New Jersey on Monday and hopefully we can see the kids at some point during the holidays.

I'm sorry to see so many Nirdis dealing with a variety of issues and I'm sending good thoughts and healing vibes to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry you’re finding it difficult at the moment @junebug17, hopefully being able to see your children will help make things seem a little more normal. Thanks for the good wishes, we’re ok, just trying to focus on the positives, and working towards next year and getting vaccinated.

You’re very welcome @missy, I just wanted to share what my friend’s been through and the positive outcome she’s had. Sometimes when you read up on things, it’s all doom and gloom and makes you worry more. Gracie :love: her Daddy. I hope you managed to get out for a walk today to blow away the cobwebs.

What good news that Noodle’s responding so well to the meds @SallyBrown One of our dogs had colitis, and he was always really upset if he had an accident in the house, he couldn’t help it, but you could tell it worried him.

I hope the house move is going well @Bayek and that things will be up and running soon.

Happy Christmas to you too @bling_dream19, have a lazy weekend.

I hope you’re not in too much pain @mrs-b and doing well.

Sending positive thoughts your way @canuk-gal

Well we’re now in Tier 4 lockdown, it doesn’t actually make any difference to us, but there are lots of people who now can’t mix with their families over Christmas. I decided to cancel my mammo on Tuesday, I don’t want someone getting that close to me now there’s a new variant that’s causing faster transmission. I’m not having any problems so it can definitely wait.

I don’t know if you have the saying “you’ve gotta laugh or you’ll cry” but it’s definitely appropriate now. We’re going to get through this, we’ve just got to keep safe for a few more months until we can get vaccinated.

I’m looking forward to when this awful year is a dim and distant memory, and to the time we can have a NIRDI meet up. Between Bayek and us, we’ll have plenty of room for all of you. :mrgreen:

Have a good weekend lovely friends, onwards and upwards :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At last, some good news. Adam and Kim just FaceTimed, and we’re going to be grandparents.

They’ve adopted Bertie :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results