shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I'm so sorry to hear this news about Greg! I am sending all kinds of dust and hugs your way!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thinking about you @missy and Greg, he is going to be fine, sending you big hugs and lots of love. The picture of you both is adorable. Am sending prayers and love all goes well tomorrow and Greg gets fast treatment to fast recovery. Hang in there one moment at a time xo.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck to Greg @missy ! Silver lining, surgery should at least be a solution where the stone goes away quickly and permanently.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Thank you for all your kind support and good wishes. It means a lot to me. I hope everyone is well and all is going smoothly.

@missy HEALING VIBES ACROSS THE MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I wish those stones would GET LOST on their own!

Thank you Sharon! Big hugs to you. I wish so too. It's 8mm by 9mm IIRC. Too large to pass on its own. He does have many smaller stones that the surgeon cannot do anything about tho so maybe those will pass on their own. Fingers crossed.

(((HUGS))) oh Missy, you two make such a sweet couple. I'm sorry Greg is sick. Hoping for a quick resolution.

Thank you @MMtwo! Big hugs to you. I don't know why you changed your name but I am glad you are still posting. XOXO.

I’m sorry to hear that Greg needs surgery for the kidney stone, @missy. That stinks. :oops: Sending good luck dust that you can get all your medical appointments and the surgery completed next week. Better yet, that there’s a Thanksgiving miracle and the stone works its way out on its own. That happened once to my DH before a scheduled lithotripsy procedure. Big (((HUG))).

P.S. You two are so cute! Greg reminds me of a certain actor...I can’t remember his name though. Maybe it’ll come to me. My memory isn’t great.

Aww thanks @SallyBrown! When Greg was younger I thought he looked like a cross between Paul Newman and Robert Redford. :) We did get stopped a few times on the streets of NYC because people thought Greg looked like someone famous. Once someone asked if he was Kevin Costner. I don't think he looked like Kevin Costner but someone did. LOL it is a distant memory though so I cannot recall the details. It happened a few times.

I don't have any really young pics of him at the moment but here's one from not too long ago...can you see the resemblance? Of course I am biased as I think he is so handsome. Even now in his old age. :))

gregbythesea.jpg

LOL all my photos from the olden days are so washed out. Before mobile phone cameras.

From the 1990s.
missyandgregatkevinandcolleenswedding.png

Thanks for letting me go for a walk down memory lane. Hoping for some happy future memories to come. I keep thinking this is a bad dream I have to wake up from soon yanno?

Keeping good thoughts for you too @SallyBrown and your upcoming surgery. Greg's parathyroid surgery won't be til next year so we have something in common. I am hoping for January and that it won't be put off further. Since damage is being done daily with Calcium being leeched out of his bones. And the kidney stone production is amping up to like every few months. Unfortunately the stone(s) cannot pass on its own. It is too huge. Bigger than the diameter of the ureter. No chance. But big chance of damage should it try and that is why I am hoping for kidney stone surgery sooner vs later.
Hugs to you Sally. Thanks for all your warm and well wishes.

@springerspaniel thank you dear for your warm wishes and hugs. I hope the rest of this week goes smoothly for you and I appreciate you keeping us in your thoughts. Big hugs and much love.

@missy Big hugs...I hope they schedule him fast. This has been the year from hell. XOXO

Well it sure has been but I know it has been for many and not just for us. 2019 was a terrible year since we lost Francesca and right at the beginning of 2020 Fred. Add 2 kidney stone surgeries in 6 months and yeah looking forward to some relief soon. For all of us. I am keeping you in my thoughts Joanne every day and fervently hoping things improve. Sending you hugs.

@LLJsmom big hugs and a big thank you. You're the best. XOXO.

@Bayek no worries. I know you hold us in your heart and big hugs and love to you. Good luck with the move and stay well! XOXO.

@missy I'm so sorry to hear this news about Greg! I am sending all kinds of dust and hugs your way!

Thank you so much @OdetteOdile I really appreciate all the good wishes. I am sort of a wreck just thinking of all Greg has to go through in the next few months. And praying for resolution and good medical care for him. It's a bit out of our control and when things are out of our control I get anxious because I have to hope his medical team will do an excellent job. Thanks for your support and for listening and all your kind thoughts. XOXO.

Good luck to Greg @missy ! Silver lining, surgery should at least be a solution where the stone goes away quickly and permanently.

@Scandinavian thank you dear. Love your new circular table and that light. I had a circular dining room table in my first apartment. Custom made because the dining room was quite small. And I had adjustable leaves on it too. I loved that table. Enjoy. Thanks for all your good wishes. It will not pass on its own and until we take care of the underlying disease Greg is going to keep making new kidney stones so we have to get to the root cause or we shall never get through this completely. Hope your mom and the kids are all well. Hugs.

Thinking about you @missy and Greg, he is going to be fine, sending you big hugs and lots of love. The picture of you both is adorable. Am sending prayers and love all goes well tomorrow and Greg gets fast treatment to fast recovery. Hang in there one moment at a time xo.

Thank you dear @bling_dream19 much appreciated. One day at a time and one moment at a time indeed. Hugs and love and thank you for your prayers and good wishes and love. XOXO.

@Slick1 please be super careful today. I cannot believe schools are still open. Sending you good wishes and many hugs. Thanks for all your warm support. XOXO.

@Austina thank you so much for all your loving and kind support. You are a dear and lovely lady and sending you many hugs and much love.

Hi to everyone else. Thanks for the support here and behind the scenes. It helps me work through my anxiety about it all and I really do appreciate your kindness and good wishes. More than I can say.

So much of yesterday was waiting for the dye to pass but when Greg got home we went to Costco (it was a madhouse and I think they will start limiting the number of people inside soon just in time for the freezing weather) and when we got back home Gracie was missing. She doesn't hide so we were very worried. We went through the house and she was nowhere to be found. I started imagining the worst. Because she wasn't even meowing and she is very vocal generally and does not hide ever. Long story short she had somehow gotten into our office (we keep that door closed so the cats cannot wreck all our paperwork and books etc) and despite looking there I had missed her. She was hiding under Greg's sewing desk and seemed so scared. Her little eyes glowing from the darkness under that desk. It was so strange. We picked her up and she seemed OK and then we fed them and she did eat and played with her and all was fine. No clue what happened besides maybe just getting freaked out because she got trapped in the office and we left to run errands not knowing she was in that room. IDK. But it made me feel bad about all the times I joked I wanted to get rid of her. I don't want to get rid of her. I love her. @LLJsmom I think it was the universe's way of telling me to stop joking about that. Oy. OK I am listening! LOL.

Today is another cold day and so while we wait to hear from the surgical assistant to schedule his first surgery we will go hiking. Good to work off our excess energy.

Have a wonderful Tuesday lovely ladies. ((((Hugs)))).

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@missy

Yes, your hubby is a handsome fella :) I just love that you two are not only a beautiful couple, I think you are beautiful people inside too.

Hope he is not in any pain atm from the stone. It sounds painful. We'll look back someday and be stronger for living through this rough patch.

You love your cats so much. I cannot imagine you seriously giving one away without emotional stress. I'm glad you found poor Gracie safe and sound (if not rattled).

The name change is because the nickname "Moneymeister" was from a job as a banker years and years ago. I signed onto PS to ask a question and used the "default" nickname to sign up. I had no idea I would stick around.

After all these years, I have hated it for a jewelry forum. It sounds suspect, like moneygrubber or golddigger.. I finally got around to changing it, but didn't want to go too far from the nickname.

Hence the short and to the point MMtwo. It would have been MM2, but that is some sort of videogame.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow @Scandinavian the table looks great and the roaring fire looks so inviting.

Oh dear, silly Gracie getting stuck in the office. Harry did that once, and even though you know they couldn’t have got out, you just imagine the worst. We had a room over our garage in the last house, and at the end was a huge storage cupboard. I went in there to get something and didn’t realise he’d walked in behind me. I searched high and low, and couldn’t imagine where he’d got to. Eventually I retraced my steps, opened the door and the silly fool was just standing there! If he’d barked, I’d have known immediately :lol: Hopefully, she won’t try that trick again!

I’m surprised your Costco isn’t controlling the amount of people inside at any time, I know they’re huge places, but this time of year, I imagine they get pretty packed. I have everything crossed that Greg will pass the smaller stones and be able to get the surgery quickly and safely and be done with the pesky things.

That’s a great photo of you two, you really are a handsome couple.

I forgot to tell you all that Adam and Kim did go and see Marvin on Saturday, the poor thing has so many problems and isn’t a good fit for them. The behaviourist said that he doesn’t show any of the classic ‘tells’ before he bites, and they can’t take the risk with Kim’s little nieces and nephews. Hopefully there’s someone out there for him, it’s so sad that his prior treatment has caused him to be so fear reactive.

They’re having a Dog and Dash event at the rescue centre today, so Adam has gone. They have dogs ready to be adopted and if they can match you with one, you take them home for the holidays. It gives them a break from the centre and it helps ease the workload for those who have to work over the holiday period. He’s been matched with a young man named Breakfast :lol: He’s just waiting to collect him to take home for a few days.

E3FFFEA3-BE7C-4B46-8C10-19A3D5F6719E.jpeg

We’ve been busy painting today, we’ve got the walls done, and I’ve started on the woodwork, I hope to complete it tomorrow so we can get the room sorted out and curtains put back. That’ll be another bedroom complete, then next week, we start on the Study.

Please forgive me for not mentioning you individually, I’m aching all over and absolutely exhausted.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

@Austina I hope you had a wonderful night’s sleep and feel refreshed. I’m sorry the first dog didn’t work out and I’m sure Adam and Kim’s dog is out there. Fingers crossed.

@MMtwo thank you. And thanks for the reason behind your name change. Totally get it. What are your thanksgiving plans?

@bling_dream19 hope you are looking forward to happy thanksgiving plans. I thought of you yesterday as I was wearing my kitty Christmas leggings:)

@Slick1 enjoy your extended time off. You deserve it.

Hi to everyone else.

So no call from surgeon’s coordinator yesterday. Sigh. Greg left two messages. So rude. Our week next week is so busy with medical appointments and we still have no clue when surgery can be scheduled. Very disappointing though not surprising. Starting over with another office is no guarantee and we’re just going to plug onward and hope for the best.

We enjoyed a wonderful hike yesterday. Hoping we can cycle today. I have a podiatrist appointment soon so we’ll see when we get back from that.

Some of our trees are holding on to their color. Just barely.

E3D64FBD-DD73-41C4-9DE0-72CA7157300F.jpeg

Have a wonderful Wednesday girls.
(((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warning graphic pic. Just left podiatrist office.

59DD7233-B183-41BD-8C62-7C68CEB08E51.jpeg

I’m still numb. Let’s hope this takes care of this once and for all. Fingers crossed!

Our podiatrist is so great. He saw my name on the schedule and brought in his homemade wine for us. I love his wine so much. ❤

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
@missy I’m so sorry you guys are going through all this. Hopefully the surgeon’s coordinator will call today (?). It would be really rude if she/he leaves Greg hanging over Thanksgiving with a kidney stone that can’t pass on its own. At the very least I would think you’d hear something by Friday. Fingers crossed for you!

OUCH! Your poor toe :x2. I don’t know how you can bike 70 miles a day like that. (But I’m a wimp). I hope your podiatrist is as good at saving toenails as he is at making wine!

I can see bits of Robert Redford, Paul Newman, AND Kevin Costner in your dh! I would also add Will Arnett. Good looking couple the two of you are!

It’s always funny when strangers say you look like someone famous. Several years ago I went to the movies alone. A guy followed me in and sat right next to me and said I looked just like Ellen Barkin. If it was a pickup line I would have preferred Elizabeth Taylor, lol! But Ellen is pretty in a nontraditional way, and I guess maybe I do look a bit like her. So I’m not complaining!

Well, I hope you can enjoy your holiday in spite of everything. This is the year to drink heavily. I think I shall start when the Macy’s parade begins!!!:
1606338086920.jpeg

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL YOU NIRDI’S!!! =)2=)2=)2

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @SallyBrown and I think Ellen Barkin is gorgeous!

The surgical coordinator called this morning and he is scheduled for December 4th. Just have to wait for the hospital to call us back now with pre surgical testing and Covid testing too. I called them immediately after she called us with the surgery date as per her instructions but she did tell us they are overwhelmed with patients and might not call us back til Monday which is cutting it close but hopefully it will all work out.

My toe is a bit achey but we just got back from cycling and I am soaking it now. Thanks for all your good wishes and right back at ya.
We saw so many deer today. I took videos and will download later.

Just look at this handsome Buck. :love:

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 4.24.18 PM.png

And yummmmm looking forward to the wine. My podiatrist told us to wait til Greg's kidney stones are gone but I don't know if I have that kind of self control. :shifty:

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 4.23.57 PM.png

Cheers! Have a lovely evening and thank you again. XO.
Happy Thanksgiving eve to all who celebrate.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I cannot believe it’s been since June that I’ve not been able to post here. I have missed you all so much! Hearing about everyone’s families, jewelry, memories, photos, etc. brought a lot of joy to my day...until I just couldn’t anymore because my brain was failing me.

It took most of the year dealing with clinicians who didn’t know what they were doing to get a diagnosis (I was having multiple TIAs a day and being told it was just migraines )...and I diagnosed myself. What did I pay them for again? Here’s the lowdown I posted on my private FB page:

Sometimes life sucks and you die, sometimes it sucks and you roll with it. I decided to roll with it.
(Surgical Video link at the bottom if you’re interested).

I was admitted to the hospital on October 29 after discovering I had a blood clot that went from the top of my aortic arch through two branches of my left carotid artery. My phenomenal neurosurgeon and his team (HUGE thanks to Dr. Michael Lawton and his crew at Barrow Neurological Institute) harvested the radial artery in my left arm from my hand to my elbow and used it as a graft to do a carotid bypass that went from my subclavian artery to the top of my ICA behind my ear. Unfortunately, a medicinal approach to breaking up the thrombus was not possible as my scans showed I had full occlusion near the top of my aortic arch and multiple dissections in my left CCA and ICA, all spontaneous, as well as decreased perfusion to the left side of my brain which was causing almost daily TIAs.

I’m glad to be at home and alive. While my surgical team was exceptional, the surgery itself was pretty friggin hard. I will include a link to post-surgery photos of the aftermath so here’s your trigger warning. I’m also the one in 1 million person who has the most random horrific reactions to pretty basic freaking medication’s. On day two in the hospital I had a full body MCAS reaction to stool softeners of all things and surgery was delayed. After surgery, I asked them not to give me opioids as it made me severely nauseous and they gave them to me anyway with a heavy dose of Zofran. Needless to say projectile vomiting four times in the ICU immediately after neck surgery was no picnic.

I’m getting used to this new normal, or at least trying to. It’s pretty darn hard. And I am just vain enough to really be disgruntled with this nasty scar I have on my neck. It kind of looks like Zorro bought me at market and branded me.

Oh, and the placement of an arterial blood gas monitor in the artery of my left foot may have caused a small arterial dissection, which apparently I am prone to as all of this likely stems from a collagen disorder I’ve almost certainly passed to all of my children and can significantly reduce life expectancy.

I hope everyone has been well and all are having a beautiful day.❤️ Every day is a gift!!

785946F4-E1BC-419A-A206-2EC1BCCC33EE.jpeg

LINKS:

Surgery case study video

A pic of me just pre-surgery and Scar pics :confused2:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot believe it’s been since June that I’ve not been able to post here. I have missed you all so much! Hearing about everyone’s families, jewelry, memories, photos, etc. brought a lot of joy to my day...until I just couldn’t anymore because my brain was failing me.

It took most of the year dealing with clinicians who didn’t know what they were doing to get a diagnosis (I was having multiple TIAs a day and being told it was just migraines )...and I diagnosed myself. What did I pay them for again? Here’s the lowdown I posted on my private FB page:

Sometimes life sucks and you die, sometimes it sucks and you roll with it. I decided to roll with it.

I was admitted to the hospital on October 29 after discovering I had a blood clot that went from the top of my aortic arch through two branches of my left carotid artery. My phenomenal neurosurgeon and his team (HUGE thanks to Dr. Michael Lawton and his crew at Barrow Neurological Institute) harvested the radial artery in my left arm from my hand to my elbow and used it as a graft to do a carotid bypass that went from my subclavian artery to the top of my ICA behind my ear. Unfortunately, a medicinal approach to breaking up the thrombus was not possible as my scans showed I had full occlusion near the top of my aortic arch and multiple dissections in my left CCA and ICA, all spontaneous, as well as decreased perfusion to the left side of my brain which was causing almost daily TIAs.

I’m glad to be at home and alive. While my surgical team was exceptional, the surgery itself was pretty friggin hard. I will include a link to post-surgery photos of the aftermath so here’s your trigger warning. I’m also the one in 1 million person who has the most random horrific reactions to pretty basic freaking medication’s. On day two in the hospital I had a full body MCAS reaction to stool softeners of all things and surgery was delayed. After surgery, I asked them not to give me opioids as it made me severely nauseous and they gave them to me anyway with a heavy dose of Zofran. Needless to say projectile vomiting four times in the ICU immediately after neck surgery was no picnic.

I’m getting used to this new normal, or at least trying to. It’s pretty darn hard. And I am just vain enough to really be disgruntled with this nasty scar I have on my neck. It kind of looks like Zorro bought me at market and branded me.

Oh, and the placement of an arterial blood gas monitor in the artery of my left foot may have caused a small arterial dissection, which apparently I am prone to as all of this likely stems from a collagen disorder I’ve almost certainly passed to all of my children and can significantly reduce life expectancy.

I hope everyone has been well and all are having a beautiful day.❤ Every day is a gift!!

LINKS:

Surgery case study video

Much dust and healing vibes your way!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @SallyBrown and I think Ellen Barkin is gorgeous!

The surgical coordinator called this morning and he is scheduled for December 4th. Just have to wait for the hospital to call us back now with pre surgical testing and Covid testing too. I called them immediately after she called us with the surgery date as per her instructions but she did tell us they are overwhelmed with patients and might not call us back til Monday which is cutting it close but hopefully it will all work out.

My toe is a bit achey but we just got back from cycling and I am soaking it now. Thanks for all your good wishes and right back at ya.
We saw so many deer today. I took videos and will download later.

Just look at this handsome Buck. :love:

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 4.24.18 PM.png

And yummmmm looking forward to the wine. My podiatrist told us to wait til Greg's kidney stones are gone but I don't know if I have that kind of self control. :shifty:

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 4.23.57 PM.png

Cheers! Have a lovely evening and thank you again. XO.
Happy Thanksgiving eve to all who celebrate.

A buck and a bottle of wine! Talk about productive day! Seriously though, how wonderful with a family wine! Wish I had a vineyard.... LOL

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
just thought id pop in to wish all our American friends a happy and above all else safe thanksgiving

get well soon Greg, and Missy's toe
@Keeliamira i hope your well and trully on the mend and yes every day is indeed a gift

best wishes to all, hope you are all well and safe and your loved ones also

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope everyone has been well and all are having a beautiful day.❤ Every day is a gift!!

LINKS:

Surgery case study video

Oh my goodness dear @Keeliamira you have been in my thoughts. I have been missing you too. What a journey. I am so thankful you were able to find the help you needed and took matters into your own hands. And very relieved your surgeon was on top of things despite the long circuitous route you had to take to get a proper diagnosis. Sending you bucketoloads of healing dust and much love. This will be a very happy Thanksgiving for you and your family as you have much to be very thankful for. XOXO.

And may I just add you give hospital patient a whole new meaning looking so beautiful and glamorous as a surgical patient. And don't stress too much about the scar. One it will heal and look better and better and two it shows you have led/lead an interesting life. ((((HUGS)))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A buck and a bottle of wine! Talk about productive day! Seriously though, how wonderful with a family wine! Wish I had a vineyard.... LOL

Hahaha yes, when you put it that way truth. Those Bucks were gorgeous and we saw many doe as well. I took lots of video but probably boring to most of you as it is just deer grazing and looking around and well I am mesmerized by all animals no matter how often I see them. I am the one who gets all mushy when I see a feral cat or dog though I see many every day. With each one I still get super excited and fawn (haha get it fawn) all over them. LOL. Hugs to you sweet @Scandinavian and much love across the miles. Please tell your DH and children Greg and I say hello and send all our best to you. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving all who celebrate and Happy Thursday to everyone else. Big hugs from the Jersey Shore.

just thought id pop in to wish all our American friends a happy and above all else safe thanksgiving

@Keeliamira i hope your well and trully on the mend and yes every day is indeed a gift

Aww dear @Daisys and Diamonds how are you sweet friend? Thank you for your warm and well wishes and right back at ya. Each day is a gift. No truer words can be spoken. Each single day. We never know what is around the corner and for someone like me, who loves consistency and routine and hates change it can be challenging but I take each moment one moment at a time. I am learning. And soaking my toe as I write this to you. This is but a mild nuisance nothing serious. But what @Keeliamira is dealing with far more serious indeed. And of course my DH's health issues. Concern me but we are doing what is necessary to take care of him. And hopefully the medical professionals will come through for us.

I never take anything for granted anymore. And on this Thanksgiving day I am super grateful for all my loved ones and dear friends and the friends I have met and made through PS. So many wonderful women here including you. Thank you for all your warm support and genuine friendship. Big hugs. Stay safe and be well dear Daisy.

@bling_dream19 happy Thanksgiving dear friend. Big hugs. Hope you have a wonderful day filled with love and cheer.

@Slick1 Happy Thanksgiving. Hoping you are spending it with your sweet and wonderful family. Big hugs.

@Austina hope all is going well. How is your knee doing? XOXO.

@MamaBee hope whatever you do today is filled with love and cheer. XOXO.

@Scandinavian just wanted to say hey again. Glad you are posting and hope that continues. Hugs.

@Bayek hope you have a day filled with loved ones and good humor and you are feeling well and looking forward to your new home. Hugs to you Kate the Great and please send my best to your sweet niece Katie and all your family.

@SallyBrown happy Thanksgiving Sally! Hope your day is a bright one filled with love and good food and company. Even if it is just the company of one. As we are doing today. Nobody but Greg and me and the kitties during this pandemic Thanksgiving. XOXO.

@marcy happy Thanksgiving. Hope you have a wonderful day and looking forward to hearing all about it. XOXO.

@MMtwo happy Thanksgiving dear lady. Hope you have a fun day whatever you do. Hugs.

@OdetteOdile good morning and happy Thanksgiving. Hope all is going well and sending you lots of hugs across the miles. XOXO.

@junebug17 happy Thanksgiving. Hope you are spending it with your family and all is well. Hugs.

@canuk-gal hope your week has been going smoothly and that you enjoy a lovely Thursday. Hugs to you sweet Sharon. And all my best to your family too. Sister and mother and DH and son. And anyone I left out. Keeping you in my thoughts. XOXO.

@Keeliamira hope you are having a wonderful day and the road to full recovery goes smoothly. And hope you stick around here with us. You have been missed. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. I am sorry if I left you out it's early here and just wanted to say good morning and have a lovely day. I am so thankful for your genuine friendship and love and sending good wishes to each and everyone of you and big hugs.

Leaving you with a baby Doe we saw yesterday. Super sweet.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 4.35.37 AM.png

Have a sweet day filled with love.
XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@springerspaniel happy Thanksgiving! My first post this morning had you and I don’t know what happened. You’re on my mind and I hope you successfully finished the paper and you are having a joyous and relaxing holiday. And long weekend. XO.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving all who celebrate and Happy Thursday to everyone else. Big hugs from the Jersey Shore.

Aww dear @Daisys and Diamonds how are you sweet friend? Thank you for your warm and well wishes and right back at ya. Each day is a gift. No truer words can be spoken. Each single day. We never know what is around the corner and for someone like me, who loves consistency and routine and hates change it can be challenging but I take each moment one moment at a time. I am learning. And soaking my toe as I write this to you. This is but a mild nuisance nothing serious. But what @Keeliamira is dealing with far more serious indeed. And of course my DH's health issues. Concern me but we are doing what is necessary to take care of him. And hopefully the medical professionals will come through for us.

I never take anything for granted anymore. And on this Thanksgiving day I am super grateful for all my loved ones and dear friends and the friends I have met and made through PS. So many wonderful women here including you. Thank you for all your warm support and genuine friendship. Big hugs. Stay safe and be well dear Daisy.

@bling_dream19 happy Thanksgiving dear friend. Big hugs. Hope you have a wonderful day filled with love and cheer.

@Slick1 Happy Thanksgiving. Hoping you are spending it with your sweet and wonderful family. Big hugs.

@Austina hope all is going well. How is your knee doing? XOXO.

@MamaBee hope whatever you do today is filled with love and cheer. XOXO.

@Scandinavian just wanted to say hey again. Glad you are posting and hope that continues. Hugs.

@Bayek hope you have a day filled with loved ones and good humor and you are feeling well and looking forward to your new home. Hugs to you Kate the Great and please send my best to your sweet niece Katie and all your family.

@SallyBrown happy Thanksgiving Sally! Hope your day is a bright one filled with love and good food and company. Even if it is just the company of one. As we are doing today. Nobody but Greg and me and the kitties during this pandemic Thanksgiving. XOXO.

@marcy happy Thanksgiving. Hope you have a wonderful day and looking forward to hearing all about it. XOXO.

@MMtwo happy Thanksgiving dear lady. Hope you have a fun day whatever you do. Hugs.

@OdetteOdile good morning and happy Thanksgiving. Hope all is going well and sending you lots of hugs across the miles. XOXO.

@junebug17 happy Thanksgiving. Hope you are spending it with your family and all is well. Hugs.

@canuk-gal hope your week has been going smoothly and that you enjoy a lovely Thursday. Hugs to you sweet Sharon. And all my best to your family too. Sister and mother and DH and son. And anyone I left out. Keeping you in my thoughts. XOXO.

@Keeliamira hope you are having a wonderful day and the road to full recovery goes smoothly. And hope you stick around here with us. You have been missed. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. I am sorry if I left you out it's early here and just wanted to say good morning and have a lovely day. I am so thankful for your genuine friendship and love and sending good wishes to each and everyone of you and big hugs.

Leaving you with a baby Doe we saw yesterday. Super sweet.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 4.35.37 AM.png

Have a sweet day filled with love.
XOXO.

Thanksgiving! Hove did that sneak up on me so quickly this year??? Just ordered food and forgot to order turkey :rolleyes:

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Much dust and healing vibes your way!
@Scandinavian Thank you so much, dear! I hope you’ve been well!

Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds! As hard as it’s been, I have a lot to be thankful for this year. ❤

Oh my goodness dear @Keeliamira you have been in my thoughts. I have been missing you too. What a journey. I am so thankful you were able to find the help you needed and took matters into your own hands. And very relieved your surgeon was on top of things despite the long circuitous route you had to take to get a proper diagnosis. Sending you bucketoloads of healing dust and much love. This will be a very happy Thanksgiving for you and your family as you have much to be very thankful for. XOXO.

And may I just add you give hospital patient a whole new meaning looking so beautiful and glamorous as a surgical patient. And don't stress too much about the scar. One it will heal and look better and better and two it shows you have led/lead an interesting life. ((((HUGS)))).

LOL! You are too funny, @missy. If no makeup and unwashed hair looked glamorous, I’ll take that! I’m holding on to that image of myself while I heal. My vanity really has kicked in and I’m so seriously perturbed that I can’t pile on the bracelets and necklaces right now.:twisted2:
I’m so glad that you are digging in and doing the research on Greg‘s issues. Doctors unfortunately don’t seem to have the ability to think outside of their tiny area of specialty or outside the basics of a particular diagnosis even though diagnoses are generally on a continuum...and Covid has made everything more difficult. Greg is so lucky to have you and I hope you are feeling better and that he gets some answers and better health soon!

One thing my recovery has given me is plenty of time to troll the Internet for treasures! And I have been bad! But I did find some really cool and fun little jewelry items that have made my recovery a little more joyful. Love and happy Thanksgiving to everyone here! While I may not be able to pop in every day, I definitely need all of you ladies back in my life! ❤

Here’s a little pic of my lutino cockatiels
helping me work from home.
F34E0A62-3B59-4BDA-959D-1C95CC4C8C5A.jpeg

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy thanksgiving! Even in these awful times, there are still things to be grateful for.

@Keeliamira I’m so sorry you’ve had such an horrendous time, but am very relieved that you’ve made it out the other side. What an ordeal and thank goodness you knew not to just accept ‘it’s a migraine’ . Your strength and fortitude in dealing with this is an inspiration. Not to make light of your scars, they will eventually fade and be a reminder that you took on a huge challenge and conquered it. Stay safe and well sweet lady.

Right back at you @Scandanavian, this year has been crazy, but we’re still all here and will get through this.

Even though I’m not an American yet, thank you for the good wishes @Daisys and Diamonds, wishing you, Gary, his family and the pusskats health and happiness.

I’d take looking like Ellen Barkin any day @Sally Brown, happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Ouch @missy, that looks painful, but I hope it sorts the problem out once and for all. Thank goodness Greg has a date, and I hope you can get things sorted out when everything is back open next week. Yes it is cutting it fine, but hopefully it’ll mean less time to worry about the upcoming surgery. What beautiful deer, they’re such noble looking creatures, I can not for the life of me fathom how anyone could hunt them.

We’ve had a busy couple of days, and have got another bedroom finished, so in another couple of weeks, we should have all of the middle floor complete. The way things are going, it’s just as well we’ve been cracking on!

Little Breakfast is doing well, he’s so cute, and is behaving himself with Adam and Kim, I’m hoping they fall in love with him and don’t take him back after his holiday with them.

BCC05088-F375-48A4-B5F6-7AED018F89E2.jpeg

Kim has been FT us so we can see how he’s doing. Poor little thing has lost his tail along the way and just has a little stump.

Can’t believe it’s almost Friday again, the time is just whizzing by.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are enjoying Thanksgiving, hopefully next year our celebrations will included family and loved ones.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warning graphic pic. Just left podiatrist office.

59DD7233-B183-41BD-8C62-7C68CEB08E51.jpeg

I’m still numb. Let’s hope this takes care of this once and for all. Fingers crossed!

Our podiatrist is so great. He saw my name on the schedule and brought in his homemade wine for us. I love his wine so much. ❤

Ouch. I hope you are doing better now @missy.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@missy . Mercy, that toe looks so painful. I hope the healing goes quickly. You are so active, I hate for you to deal with anything that will slow your roll. Hope Greg gets a call today and gets in quickly for the procedure. Is he doing okay?

For myself, I am quarantined at home so my dinner was just me & my son. Hubby was off at work. He flies helicopters for EMS, so no matter the holiday, he is on or off according to his week on or week off schedule. My son is 28 and lives with us. He has autistic disorder, but more like a kid with Aspergers. He has just finished his CompTIA Security+ testing and finishing his Network+ in December. He is smart, he tests at 99.9%ile comprehension, but 5%th percentile in processing speed, which is borderline. The professor that tested him said it was extremely rare to have such diversity in testing scores.

Anyhow, he lives with us and we are hoping he can get a job with his certifications. It's a terrible shame that people with Autism are seldom well employed because they present a little differently. But having his brain is such a bonus.He comes at things in a different way, he has surprising insights because he thinks differently. Sometimes they are funny, but just as likely profound.

Not sure where all that came from :)

So I make turkey, stuffing, pies, homemade rolls and we had a tiny little Thanksgiving. I missed my daughter, my niece and Mom, who live close, but we decided to stay safer. Darling daughter is possibly COVID + right now, so definitely not bringing her over for a while. Mom is 85 and lives in a retirement apartment. The management is excellent and they have had no COVID issues.

I will have a Turkey Day 2 in the spring as soon as we are all back to some sort of normalcy.

Happy Black Friday

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Can you see how cold it is? LOL soooooo cold by the sea now!

E088CD96-5830-4237-A41B-3A46AF3BA789.jpeg

Maybe cold - but oh so beautiful. I love your new table, by the way. So inviting!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone had a wonderful and delicious Thanksgiving! I am so grateful for each of you...for your kindness, excitement, acceptance, and joy for life and bling!
Missy, I love your cat Christmas leggings! They are soo cute on you! I have my Christmas sweatshirts out and 2 pair of leggings that I got for my honeymoon last year. I will start wearing them this week! Lots of love and hugs to you sweet Missy. I'm so sorry about your toe but hopefully it will heal and be fixed. Thinking about Greg too. I hope you both had a lovely Thanksgiving by the sea!
We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving with my parents and I also got to see my sweetheart nieces the day before. I have lots for which to be thankful.
Shoutouts to all! Sending love and hugs to all for health and happiness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results