color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovelies! Happy Caturday Saturday!

Love your new socks @canuk-gal :love:
Yes please be careful. We hiked yesterday due to the rain (couldn't cycle) and the wet leaves were slippery but I was wearing my red Glamour Olang boots and was careful and all went smoothly. It was a wet muddy mess lol but the Olang boots cleaned up quite nicely. Have a wonderful weekend and I hope your weather is cooperating. Big hugs and love. XOXO.

@MamaBee I am so sorry sweet Joanne for all you are dealing with and I am sending you so much love and bucketloads of good luck dust. You cannot control people's behavior and I hope he comes to his senses and starts healing emotionally and wants to get better. Big hugs and much love.

@Bayek hugs to you and thanks for all the love. Hope the house is coming along and your shoulder keeps improving. Great Kate. Love you girlie. XOXO.

@Slick1 Kudos to you and your wonderful DD. I am not surprised and I am very impressed. Much love. Have a wonderful weekend.

@bling_dream19 how are you sweet friend? Hope all is well and your week went smoothly and you are ready to enjoy a fun and peaceful weekend. Sending you love and hugs.
Oh and MC has a big sale going on but I am staying away. LOL I have no room left for any clothes.
Speaking of clothes Greg just finished altering my new cycling pants (fleece lined woohoo) so I am ready to try them out on today's chilly cycling adventures. Big hugs.

@Austina hope your weekend is off to a good start and you love your new sofas. How did it all work out yesterday? Hugs and have a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

@Sally Brown I am so glad your previous health issues with your parathyroid were resolved and you are doing well. It is a miracle of sorts you had no lasting damage due to the delay with diagnosis and treatment. Good luck with your gallbladder removal and may it go as smoothly as possible. Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend. Hugs.

@marcy hope your work week finished up on a good note and all is calm this weekend. Hugs to you.

Hi to everyone else. We went hiking yesterday and it was quite a wet hike but it was a good workout and much fun too. I took a few pics for your enjoyment despite the rain getting on my camera and ring. A girl cannot let a little rain (OK a lot of rain) come between her and her diamond photo op. ;-)

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 5.48.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 5.51.10 AM.png

Today is dry but very chilly. I am going to try out my new cycling pants that Greg altered to fit me better. They are fleece lined Eddie Bauer ski pants actually so hopefully they are warm. IDK what is up with their sizing though cause it was HUGE. But now after much altering they fit like a glove. Thank you sweet Greg.

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Caturday Saturday. Love and hugs to my sweet friends. XOXO.

Leaving you this Caturday morning with Gracie biting my foot. Hahaha.

gracieplayingwithmyfoot.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy soggy Saturday!

Sorry you had a wet walk yesterday @missy, it’s an awful, wet, dark day here today.
Be careful of those slippery leaves, they can be very hazardous as I’m sure you know. :lol: Gracie is a little tinker!

We got up early yesterday to wait for the delivery, and got on with the painting. Fortunately, they did show up about 9.30am, and we’re absolutely thrilled with the new sofas and footstool. We’d already decided to put the furniture in different positions and it’s worked out well. I’d ordered 2 different coloured cushion covers, but it’s pretty obvious the darker ones are better, so I’ve ordered more and will change them over when they arrive. We finished the 2nd bedroom on the top floor, then I had to clean up and hoover and get everything straight.

We’ve got more problems with something tripping the circuit, we got a text at 5.25am from the alarm company alerting us that there was no power to the alarm, so we’ve been up since then. We reset the circuit, but it tripped 3 more times ugh. The only thing we can think of is the Sky TV box. We‘ve switched off and unplugged everything else, so we’ll see. The TV stand turned up at just after 9am, we unpacked it, it’s damaged, so has to go back. :roll: Oy!

I hope the lovely NIRDIs are having a good weekend, keep safe. :wavey:

7A32E6D0-ACC2-4D76-A2AA-BEA3E97320EC.jpeg 3DC3AF0C-8639-4223-B868-D7A08F8B8119.jpeg 2959C886-F13A-4C09-A1D4-292419F56FC1.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina lovely furniture! I love our leather chaise which looks very similar to yours--except ours needs to be replaced!

Busy at work ugh. Anyway, it is better than sitting around.

@missy you look toasty--I give you full credit for walking in the rain! That is a 'no way Jose' for me!

Keep well NIRDIs!!

cheers--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy weekend nirdis! @missy My hubby brought down 4 boxes of clothes from the attic that I hadn't seen in 2 years. He got rid of lots and now I have to do the same. I counted my shoes and I'm at 40 lol and I dont wear half but I don't want to get of the other others. Oh vey! I hear you on the sales girl lol! I love and miss everyone xoxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy Sunday!

@bling_dream19 hahaha I feel you and variety is the spice of life after all. :)
Glad you are having a lovely weekend and hope your Sunday is wonderful. Love you. XOXO.

@Austina love your new furniture. Sharp and tasteful and practical. Nice job. Glad it went smoothly and they came in the morning too. Sweet. Speaking of sweet how are Adam and Kim? I know you are counting down the days til you get to see them. This pandemic is challenging in many ways. One day at a time. Hugs and love to you.

@canuk-gal if I waited for the perfect weather we would not get to be outside much lol so yeah we just go for it as long as we feel it is safe. I mean I am not going outside in a hurricane for example. :errrr: but a little (or more than a little) rain won't keep me inside. :) Hope you are having a wonderful weekend too. XOXO.

@springerspaniel you are on my mind and I hope you are enjoying a fun and lovely weekend. Hugs.

@MJ_Mac hope dear K is healing well and feeling good and you are doing well too. Hugs to you both.

@marcy hope you are enjoying a well deserved restful and fun weekend. XOXO.

@MamaBee I have no doubt you will end up with a perfect piece. You deserve it and it will happen. But oh my goodness your collection is quite amazing now. Hugs.

@Bayek Kate the great. Sending much love and many hugs your way. Hope all is going smoothly and thank you for all your warm and well wishes. Right back at ya sweet friend. Hugs and more hugs. And please hug Auti from all of us.

Hi to everyone else. Sending you lots of warm hugs.

We had a wonderful Saturday cycling and enjoying some lovely weather. Cooler than the past week but still pretty darn nice. Today is windy windy windy but we are still cycling and we might hit a good number. I will let you know haha. Depends on how strong those shore winds are...

No color editing here at all. Just cropping the photos I took.

beachinnovembermanasquan.png

sunoverbeach.png

Can you believe how bluetiful the sea and sky are?
blueseawhitesandjerseyshorenov2020.png

sandseaskynov2020.png

The sea is my happy place to be sure. Sharing my happy and peaceful place with all you lovely ladies. Have a wonderful and sunny Sunday. XOXO.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Still working on my paper, but I am also taking breaks from time to time (haha) to check out the NIRDI news.

Thank you @missy for the beautiful, inspiring sea pictures.

@Austina I love that gray leather furniture. Never considered gray before.

@bling_dream19 is that 40 shoes or 40 pairs of shoes (hee hee). Once this damn paper is done, I hope to get rid of more stuff. Famous last words.

@MamaBee what a lovely dog Bailey is!

@canuk-gal I always perk up a little when I see the orchids in your avatar (they are orchids, right?). I hear you about work. We have more and more nurses testing positive, which means less staff at the hospital.

@marcy I am not sure how to insert quotes, so I will just say I howled about your comment about limericks. I did cut David's hair and privately I think he may look a little like Mo. I will encourage him to use "product"

@Bayek only one more month to go for your house?

Happy Sunday to all the NIRDIs and thank you for being here. I really appreciate it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@springerspaniel I keep meaning to change my avatar picture to my Cartier Orchid ring, but this one is OK! I love orchids also but have NO luck growing them.

@missy your weather continues to astonish! It is -8C right now, so I'll wait until it warms up before I walk to the market today. But it is bright and sunny!

I am feeling really down. So unusual for me. Not being able to see my family in person is weighing heavily on me. I talk to them regularly but it isn't the same as being there IRL. Even seeing my DS is challenging. I need to keep myself well in order to work. We are all feeling lonely. Sorry to be such a DD.

So I put up my Christmas tree!!!! LOLOL A record for me!!! (early) But the lights make me feel good. It's the small things.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@springerspaniel I keep meaning to change my avatar picture to my Cartier Orchid ring, but this one is OK! I love orchids also but have NO luck growing them.

@missy your weather continues to astonish! It is -8C right now, so I'll wait until it warms up before I walk to the market today. But it is bright and sunny!

I am feeling really down. So unusual for me. Not being able to see my family in person is weighing heavily on me. I talk to them regularly but it isn't the same as being there IRL. Even seeing my DS is challenging. I need to keep myself well in order to work. We are all feeling lonely. Sorry to be such a DD.

So I put up my Christmas tree!!!! LOLOL A record for me!!! (early) But the lights make me feel good. It's the small things.

cheers--Sharon

Sending you big (((HUGS))) and warm wishes across the miles dear Sharon. I am so sorry you are feeling blue and it is completely understandable. We are in challenging times and missing loved ones hurts our hearts. You are in my thoughts and in my heart too. XOXO.

And yes to the small things. Love that you put up your tree and that it brings you cheer.
Cheers!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still working on my paper, but I am also taking breaks from time to time (haha) to check out the NIRDI news.

Thank you @missy for the beautiful, inspiring sea pictures.

@Austina I love that gray leather furniture. Never considered gray before.

@bling_dream19 is that 40 shoes or 40 pairs of shoes (hee hee). Once this damn paper is done, I hope to get rid of more stuff. Famous last words.

@MamaBee what a lovely dog Bailey is!

@canuk-gal I always perk up a little when I see the orchids in your avatar (they are orchids, right?). I hear you about work. We have more and more nurses testing positive, which means less staff at the hospital.

@marcy I am not sure how to insert quotes, so I will just say I howled about your comment about limericks. I did cut David's hair and privately I think he may look a little like Mo. I will encourage him to use "product"

@Bayek only one more month to go for your house?

Happy Sunday to all the NIRDIs and thank you for being here. I really appreciate it.

Happy Sunday to you @springerspaniel ! It is always so nice when you post. I am glad your paper is coming along and I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday and enjoying your DH and furry babies too. Taking breaks is good for the soul and also for reenergizing you. Good luck with the rest of the paper.

We just got back from cycling and we hit 8K miles since we started cycling mid May this year woohoo. It is the small things that bring cheer. And just being outside enjoying autumn with my DH makes it all OK. Hugs to you.

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 3.12.18 PM.png

I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi !!!!!!

I am behind several days but I wanted to stop in to say hi.

We have been working feverishly on getting house stuff, they built a shed to cover the water tank, pumps and John H A T E D I T.. Lordy he went bonkers, me I hated it too but man he started firing off emails left and right.. I'll show you guys pix if I have one, it's better now, the plumbing for the pool is done !!! hip hip hooooray! they are supposed to be applying the gunite to the pool Monday(demain!) we shall see as we are going up there EARLY.. I emailed the pool builder to ask to make sure but it's the weekend and he won't answer as it's the WEEKEND!. FLOORS are in! I like them, John loves them.. =) all is good with us otherwise.

I always say this but I intend to read everything I have missed later today, it's beautiful and high of 70 here, wish it were always this nice.

How's everyone? Election over - that's a relief - yahoo!.. that is all I will say here.

@missy miss you, talked to Chris yesterday he seems fine.. as a matter of fact we all seem to be doing okay.. Gobble day coming soon, bought a turkey and stuffing and a rutabega! now onward and forward to buying all the rest of the holiday food.

LOVE YOU... I am so happy we are in reach of a vaccine! maybe next summer I can hit up Brooklyn and if you are not in Jersey, we can hang girl! xoxoxo

okay here's some pix.

tile I picked for the kitchen wall (white) and I'm going to have a black accent over the stove. White tile is set the usual way.

1605478489293.png

We are placing 8 in black slate around the pool as an accent sorta like this:
1605478748630.png

1605478895871.png the largest piece on the right of pix is what we are using.

wood floor thru the house
1605479012017.png

view of island and the kitchen window

1605479121578.png

view from in front of the island. Reclaimed wood.

1605479932118.png

pool all plumbed and ready for gunite.

1605479168694.png 1605479205437.png pool lines about 100 feet from pool we will need a more powerful pool pump. Now you can see the dreaded shed behind the pool equpment, I didn't take many pix of it, John did tho, it looked TONS better after they painted it, we have trees in front of it.

pool lines to and from the pool from the equipment.

1605479358211.png

forgot this one, John looking at the lines.

1605479659180.png

and this one I forgot too, this is a small bench this is where we walk into from the garage, the recycled wood above the seat is going to have a few hooks for jackets etc. actually both pieces of wood are recycled.

1605479727904.png

So we are inching our way closer.. As I said I am going to read all the posts and bbl probably if not, later tomorrow.

kAte THE grEAt

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohoo @missy, what an achievement! That’s nearly all the way here and back! I can’t believe the colour of the sky in your photos, they’re just so vibrant, what a mood enhancer. I just saw your post about the Moderna vaccine, I pray that this will be the game changer we’re all hoping for.

I’m sorry @canuk-gal, I can certainly sympathise (not about the working part) but oy, it’s nearly 11 months since we saw Adam and Kim, and technology is wonderful, but it’s not the same. Next year I keep telling myself, will be a whole lot better.

:lol: To finding clothes @bling_dream19, you know you have too many clothes when you haven’t missed them for 2 years.

Everything is looking fantastic @Bayek, your choices are timeless and your home is going to be so welcoming, just wish they’d hurry up and finish so you can start living there.

The furniture is duck egg blue @springerspaniel, just took the other photo of the footstool later in the day when the light was different. I had to :lol: at your comment about David’s hair cut, I’m assuming you mean Mo from the 3 Stooges? I hope the work on your paper is going well.

I hope you had a safe week at work @marcy.

We’ve now definitely found out the cause of the circuit problem, and unfortunately it’s my induction hob :???: Colin rang an electrician this morning, he was very helpful when we spoke to him a few weeks ago, but he’s fully booked till February!!!!:-o He did say he’d call round tomorrow afternoon, but it would only be for an hour, and obviously, there’s no guarantee he can fix the problem. If not, we’ll have to look around for someone else. I can’t believe what a year this has been with things going wrong.

We just popped out to get some berries and salad, I’m so glad we found that new supermarket, at just after 2pm it’s virtually empty, so it was a quick in and out.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs have had a good weekend, onwards and upwards in to the new week :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Bayek ooh your house is coming along nicely and love the photos. Thank you for sharing with us. Woohoo to the plumbing for the pool being completed. Sweet. So glad Chris is doing well and yummy food to look forward to. Yes to Brooklyn. Even if we are at the beach house we can take a trip. Or perhaps, if Greg is up to it we can host you guys at our beach house. We shall see what the future brings. Hopefully many good things to look forward to and good health for all. XOXO Love you Kate the Great.

@Austina I am glad you figured out the cause of the electricity problem and I hope the electrician who is coming by today can fix the problem fast. I hear you re waiting times. We still have no date for installation of our new generator. Won't be til next year. Crazy. The electrician was the one who told us to go ahead and order the new (expensive) generator and now he cannot install it for months. We got it back at the beginning of October. Oh well. As long as our old generator works it is OK. Anyway I digress. Hope your problem is solved today dear Austina. And glad the supermarket was empty so you could safely shop. Sweet.

@bling_dream19 I am a water girl too. I LOVE dolphins. And whales. My niece wants to be a marine biologist and I think what a cool profession. Why didn't I think of that when I was figuring out what I wanted to do? But I guess I wouldn't have met Greg then so alls well that ends well. LOL. Speaking of DHs how is your sweet hubby doing? How is work going for you? Hugs and love and hope all is well and filled with blingy joy.

@springerspaniel hope you had a good Monday and your week goes smoothly. Our cold weather is here for a few days. We are hitting our first freeze of the season tonight. Brrrrr. But then hopefully it warms back up for at least a couple of days. Hugs to you.

@MJ_Mac hope your DH is doing well and feeling strong and you are A OK too. Hugs.

@MamaBee how are you doing sweet Joanne? Thinking of you and keeping good thoughts for your family. XOXO.

@canuk-gal sweet Sharon you are in my thoughts and I hope you can feel close to the loved ones you are missing by using Zoom and other technologies to keep in contact. Sending you many warm hugs and love across the miles. One day at a time. We will get through this. I miss my family very much and well I won't go into my worries here but suffice to say my dad is old and has many health issues as does my mom and I am looking forward to safer and happier times where we and hug and see each other in person. Hugs to you sweet Sharon.

@marcy how is the snow situation by you? Hugs to you and Marty and the bears and bunnies. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start. XOXO.

So we hit the 8K mark on Sunday as you know and fortunately got to cycle yesterday too despite the very high winds. It was a challenge but we met it and it felt good. Today is another cold day but not as cold as tomorrow so we are planning on cycling today and then we shall see. It is definitely more fun cycling when it is warmer but we work with what we have. Another challenge is the bathrooms are mainly all closed along the shore route now but so far we have 2 remaining bathrooms so we can cycle that route still. Though they are sort of far apart and the middle one closed but if they remain open we can do that route. Once they close we have to figure out a new less scenic route but fingers crossed they stay open. We have never been here through the entire winter so we don't know but my best guess is they are all closing very soon. We won't give up cycling but it will just be another challenge. Sorry for the long winded explanation but hey if you read this far thank you. :)

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies and much love and hugs to my friends here.

Leaving you with 2 silhouette photos.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 6.22.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 6.23.30 AM.png

Have a wonderful Tuesday girls. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad you got out to cycle despite the wind @missy. Thankfully I have the bladder of a camel so bathroom breaks are never an issue for me, but I hear you on having to replan your route to ensure you can stop when necessary,

The electrician came and it’s all bad news. First issue he saw was that the box housing the cabling into the house, wasn’t a weatherproof one, the wires were wet! :-o So he changed that. Then he said the fuse they’d used in the main fuse box, wasn’t the one he should’ve used, but it’d be OK. So we kept our fingers crossed when he tried to turn it on, and bang, it popped the fuse. Then he checked the wiring from inside to the outside cable, no problem there, but the fuse kept tripping. Then he checked the fused spur in the kitchen, no problem there, and checked the hob, no problem with that. So that leaves us with the worst possible scenario, it’s the cabling under the floor. :( He suggested we get in touch with the kitchen installers and see if they can come and take the island out and see if the cable is accessible without having to break the travertine and take up the floor. Oy, oy, oy!

As you can imagine, we’re feeling pretty apprehensive about what it’s going to take to fix it, and it’s unlikely it can be done this side of Christmas.

Sorry to be such a downer, but this year and the problems it’s brought are now taking on biblical proportions.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a relatively stress free time :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad you got out to cycle despite the wind @missy. Thankfully I have the bladder of a camel so bathroom breaks are never an issue for me, but I hear you on having to replan your route to ensure you can stop when necessary,

The electrician came and it’s all bad news. First issue he saw was that the box housing the cabling into the house, wasn’t a weatherproof one, the wires were wet! :-o So he changed that. Then he said the fuse they’d used in the main fuse box, wasn’t the one he should’ve used, but it’d be OK. So we kept our fingers crossed when he tried to turn it on, and bang, it popped the fuse. Then he checked the wiring from inside to the outside cable, no problem there, but the fuse kept tripping. Then he checked the fused spur in the kitchen, no problem there, and checked the hob, no problem with that. So that leaves us with the worst possible scenario, it’s the cabling under the floor. :( He suggested we get in touch with the kitchen installers and see if they can come and take the island out and see if the cable is accessible without having to break the travertine and take up the floor. Oy, oy, oy!

As you can imagine, we’re feeling pretty apprehensive about what it’s going to take to fix it, and it’s unlikely it can be done this side of Christmas.

Sorry to be such a downer, but this year and the problems it’s brought are now taking on biblical proportions.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a relatively stress free time :wavey:

Aww @Austina you are not being a downer at all. Oy to the Vey is right. :(
I am so sorry you are going through this and I am sending many good wishes your way and hope somehow this is an easier fix than it currently looks to be.

Hugs and many good thoughts being sent your way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM ladies!
We had a cold ride yesterday but a good one. Today no cycling as the winds are out of control. Not to mention sub freezing temps when taking the wind-chill into account. So thanks but no thanks. Or as Oliver likes to meow...Nope. Just nope. :)

@Austina hope your power is holding. Hugs. Hope the issues are figured out sooner vs later. I wish I had your bladder. Mine is the size of a pea. And so is Greg's though that could be due to his hyper parathyroidism as that is a symptom of that disease. So we stop once an hour if we can.

@Slick1 how are you sweetie? How is school going? How is your DD doing? Hugs and have a good day.

@Bayek hoping progress is continuing and your home is ready soon. Hugs and love and hope all is well.

@MamaBee good thoughts continuing for you. XOXO.

@junebug17 hope you and your family are doing well and that your brother is sleeping better. Hugs.

@MJ_Mac thinking of you. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 dear sweet friend hope your week is going smoothly and you're mood is bright and cheery. Hugs.

@springerspaniel hope your paper is finished and that you are pleased with the results. Hugs to you.

@marcy hope your weather is cooperating. And that your week is going smoothly. XOXO.

@canuk-gal sending you more good thoughts and well wishes and big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope a good week is being enjoyed by all.

Leaving you with 2 photos from yesterday and one from this AM.

Greg took this without me knowing. I am sharing to show you how I am dressed when we cycle in the colder weather. LOLOL.
I was changing to my heavier socks here mid ride as my feet were frozen.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.33.20 AM.png

I look like I am about to go into outer space. LOL. Hey if Covid isn't there yet maybe we should all go into outer space. Who's with me? :sun:

Look at the beautiful sky during our ride yesterday. Breathtaking.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.32.33 AM.png

And this morning the view out our window. Very very windy. Unreal how windy it is.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.28.17 AM.png

You can see NYC in the background. Very crisp and clear.

Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies. Hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you @missy, we’re not having any issues with the electricity now, because the power to the hob has been switched off.

As you can imagine, we’ve had endless conversations about what we can do, looked in to every possible solution, and the only practical one, is getting to the wiring, which is under the travertine. We had thought about changing the hob to one that doesn’t need hard wiring but the problem with that is two fold. If we get one that the same size, it’s practically useless because you can only use one zone at a time, and secondly, if we get a smaller one, we need to replace the top of the island, which is fine, IF it’s still available. If it’s not, then that would mean replacing all the tops and we have the tall wall units framed in the same material, so basically the whole kitchen would need to be taken out and reinstalled. That’d probably be just as expensive as taking up the floor, oy! Colin remembered we still had some of the travertine tiles in the garage, we have 11 and a half, so if it’s possible to get at the cabling without damaging more than that, it’s probably the way we’ll have to go. There’s nothing wrong with the hob itself, and it was very expensive, so the thought of just dumping it, isn’t appealing either. I actually feel sick with worry. I know in the grand scheme of things, it’s not that important, it’s just the thought of all that upheaval and mess and what if that doesn’t solve the problem.

Thanks for letting me vent, it helps to get the worries out, it also helps to see your beautiful serene photographs and remember, that there’s still beauty out there in these mad times.

I hope all is well with the lovely NIRDI, just off to collect an induction ‘ring’ so I can cook :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you @missy, we’re not having any issues with the electricity now, because the power to the hob has been switched off.

As you can imagine, we’ve had endless conversations about what we can do, looked in to every possible solution, and the only practical one, is getting to the wiring, which is under the travertine. We had thought about changing the hob to one that doesn’t need hard wiring but the problem with that is two fold. If we get one that the same size, it’s practically useless because you can only use one zone at a time, and secondly, if we get a smaller one, we need to replace the top of the island, which is fine, IF it’s still available. If it’s not, then that would mean replacing all the tops and we have the tall wall units framed in the same material, so basically the whole kitchen would need to be taken out and reinstalled. That’d probably be just as expensive as taking up the floor, oy! Colin remembered we still had some of the travertine tiles in the garage, we have 11 and a half, so if it’s possible to get at the cabling without damaging more than that, it’s probably the way we’ll have to go. There’s nothing wrong with the hob itself, and it was very expensive, so the thought of just dumping it, isn’t appealing either. I actually feel sick with worry. I know in the grand scheme of things, it’s not that important, it’s just the thought of all that upheaval and mess and what if that doesn’t solve the problem.

Thanks for letting me vent, it helps to get the worries out, it also helps to see your beautiful serene photographs and remember, that there’s still beauty out there in these mad times.

I hope all is well with the lovely NIRDI, just off to collect an induction ‘ring’ so I can cook :wavey:

Dear Austina, I understand and my heart goes out to you. Please feel free to vent away. It is a real problem and I would be stressed too under the circumstances. I do feel confident it will be fixed but in the meantime lots of worry and energy I’m figuring out how. Continued good wishes being sent your way. XO.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Austina Is a hob the "tabletop" stove? Sounds like what you have been going through is a PITA, but I am glad you still have the travertine tiles to replace if needed. You've been dealing with this for a long time and I am guessing you actually like to cook, so this has interfered with your lifestyle in a major way. (My husband laughed hysterically when we first met and he saw that the oven in my apartment where I had been living for years still had the paperwork inside!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Austina Is a hob the "tabletop" stove? Sounds like what you have been going through is a PITA, but I am glad you still have the travertine tiles to replace if needed. You've been dealing with this for a long time and I am guessing you actually like to cook, so this has interfered with your lifestyle in a major way. (My husband laughed hysterically when we first met and he saw that the oven in my apartment where I had been living for years still had the paperwork inside!)

Haha similar situation here. When greg and I were dating he asked about my oven. I said I don’t have one. He went into my kitchen and opened up what turned out to be the oven. Papers and all as it was brand spanking new. Despite my having lived there for a few years before I met Greg. Turns out I did have an oven. :oops:Lol.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so far behind. I had to share my Marty joke. He saw an orthopedic surgeon Monday for his shoulder. He has a tear in his supraspinatus, some bursitis and a bone spur all in the same area. They gave him a cortisone shot and Lidocaine; the doctor said if the pain went away temporarily one or all of those 3 were causing his pain. He goes back in a month. They would either stitch or patch the tear, drain the bursa and shave off the bone spur. Anyway he had this picture of the injuries so I had to "add" my take on it.

EVIL.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I hate to hear Greg’s numbers are conflicting so he could work on fixing something specific. How frustrating. It is hard to notice progress or change in lifting but compared to where we started; it is all progress. I did my lifting a while ago. Thanks for the hugs and keeping me in your thoughts. Tomorrow is my dad’s birthday; I might go have coffee and donuts with his buddies if I get around early enough. Woo hoo for 8000 miles and I love all of your gorgeous scenery pictures. I was eyeing those EB fleece lined jeans myself. I might wear them every day. We haven’t had snow for a few weeks but we’ve had horrible winds.

@SallyBrown sorry you’ve had multiple surgeries lately and good luck with your gallbladder surgery. I agree, now is not an ideal time but what can we do? Yes, I love the Peanuts gang.

@Austina I wish they would just have us work on site one week then stay at home the next; it would allow us to have a more consistent routine. Your new furniture looks fabulous. Darn that the circuit tripped again and the alarm company woke you up. I hate to hear the electrical issue isn’t an easy and obvious fix; good luck with that. That’s priceless to find the perfect time to go shopping. I am hitting Sams Club and the grocery store in the morning.

@canuk-gal I keep getting Tiffany emails so I’d best pick up a lottery ticket tomorrow. I am sorry you are feeling down; it really stinks not being able to see family and friends. I hope putting up your Christmas tree brightens each and every day. Hugs to you. I think we are all more than eager to put these times behind us.

@bling_dream19 isn’t it amazing the clothes and shoes we collect? I need to round up a few bags and go donate them.

@springerspaniel good luck on finishing your paper. I whine about writing a monthly article for the paper; I can’t imagine the stress of writing a paper. Glad my reference to limericks gave you a good chuckle.

@Bayek that’s good to hear there is so much progress on your house. Everything is looking fabulous. I agree, your floor looks fabulous. Great idea to have a bench in the garage; that will come in very handy. I hope they finish soon!!!

@springerspaniel and @missy lol that you never used your ovens. @springerspaniel I had to look up a hob to see what it was.

Not much new or exciting going on with me. I have a 4 day weekend; I am so excited. No work (or I hope so anyway).

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:dance: To a 4 day weekend @marcy and hopefully no interruptions from work. I hope the lidocaine lasted longer than 20 minutes for Marty, because those jabs of cortisone are mega OUCH! Hopefully, it’ll do the trick and he won‘t need to have surgery. Did you watch the launch? Unfortunately I forgot, but I can probably catch up on it online.

Well I like to cook sometimes @springerspaniel, if it’s for a special occasion or for entertaining friends, but on a day to day basis, it’s a but of a bore. I did buy a plug in induction ring yesterday so I don’t have to try and think of things that need baking or grilling!

This is what my hob looks like in the island (these are the cads as I don’t have a good photo)

8A61EFC0-A3D6-4C93-A729-D40320832CC8.jpeg

Thank you for always being so endlessly kind @missy, I’m feeling encouraged today as Graham (kitchen man) rang yesterday evening. I told him what the problem is and he immediately said he’d contact the original electrical contractor and discuss it with them. He emailed me the reply which is very encouraging, they’ve said if it’s their fault, they’ll pay to get it fixed. Honestly, ATM we don’t care about the cost, just want it fixed. Graham also remembered we have suspended floors and *thinks* it may just be possible to get new cabling to the island without the need to damage the floor. He’s going to source an electrician for us and get back to me. The fact that he’s willing to help after 6 years restored my faith in people.

We’ve completed another bedroom this week, we got the walls painted and I got the 2nd coat on the woodwork today, I’ve hoovered and tidied up. I’ve also ordered new bedside chests which should come on Saturday - hopefully undamaged!

Adam and Kim are finally going to meet Marvin on Saturday, Adam has got lots of toys and bedding for him, so fingers crossed he likes them and they like him!

Can you believe we’re almost at the end of another week?

Take care my sweet NIRDI peeps! :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really love all your pictures, they are a bright light in my day. Who knew there were only 24 hours in one day????????? LOL kidding. Almost. Covid-19 is a real bxxxh, and working from home is horrible right now. I must admit, even the dogs are going on my nerves. The country is on "social lock down", i.e. you are not supposed to see your friends or family, just go to school and work. And as last year was much the same for me because of my mother being sick ---- I'm really really tired of it. Sorry for the me me me post. I just wanted to let you know that I'm here and why I don't write so much.
Hugs!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:dance: To a 4 day weekend @marcy and hopefully no interruptions from work. I hope the lidocaine lasted longer than 20 minutes for Marty, because those jabs of cortisone are mega OUCH! Hopefully, it’ll do the trick and he won‘t need to have surgery. Did you watch the launch? Unfortunately I forgot, but I can probably catch up on it online.

Well I like to cook sometimes @springerspaniel, if it’s for a special occasion or for entertaining friends, but on a day to day basis, it’s a but of a bore. I did buy a plug in induction ring yesterday so I don’t have to try and think of things that need baking or grilling!

This is what my hob looks like in the island (these are the cads as I don’t have a good photo)

Thank you for always being so endlessly kind @missy, I’m feeling encouraged today as Graham (kitchen man) rang yesterday evening. I told him what the problem is and he immediately said he’d contact the original electrical contractor and discuss it with them. He emailed me the reply which is very encouraging, they’ve said if it’s their fault, they’ll pay to get it fixed. Honestly, ATM we don’t care about the cost, just want it fixed. Graham also remembered we have suspended floors and *thinks* it may just be possible to get new cabling to the island without the need to damage the floor. He’s going to source an electrician for us and get back to me. The fact that he’s willing to help after 6 years restored my faith in people.

We’ve completed another bedroom this week, we got the walls painted and I got the 2nd coat on the woodwork today, I’ve hoovered and tidied up. I’ve also ordered new bedside chests which should come on Saturday - hopefully undamaged!

Adam and Kim are finally going to meet Marvin on Saturday, Adam has got lots of toys and bedding for him, so fingers crossed he likes them and they like him!

Can you believe we’re almost at the end of another week?

Take care my sweet NIRDI peeps! :wavey:

Looks amazing !!!!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM ladies!
We had a cold ride yesterday but a good one. Today no cycling as the winds are out of control. Not to mention sub freezing temps when taking the wind-chill into account. So thanks but no thanks. Or as Oliver likes to meow...Nope. Just nope. :)

@Austina hope your power is holding. Hugs. Hope the issues are figured out sooner vs later. I wish I had your bladder. Mine is the size of a pea. And so is Greg's though that could be due to his hyper parathyroidism as that is a symptom of that disease. So we stop once an hour if we can.

@Slick1 how are you sweetie? How is school going? How is your DD doing? Hugs and have a good day.

@Bayek hoping progress is continuing and your home is ready soon. Hugs and love and hope all is well.

@MamaBee good thoughts continuing for you. XOXO.

@junebug17 hope you and your family are doing well and that your brother is sleeping better. Hugs.

@MJ_Mac thinking of you. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 dear sweet friend hope your week is going smoothly and you're mood is bright and cheery. Hugs.

@springerspaniel hope your paper is finished and that you are pleased with the results. Hugs to you.

@marcy hope your weather is cooperating. And that your week is going smoothly. XOXO.

@canuk-gal sending you more good thoughts and well wishes and big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope a good week is being enjoyed by all.

Leaving you with 2 photos from yesterday and one from this AM.

Greg took this without me knowing. I am sharing to show you how I am dressed when we cycle in the colder weather. LOLOL.
I was changing to my heavier socks here mid ride as my feet were frozen.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.33.20 AM.png

I look like I am about to go into outer space. LOL. Hey if Covid isn't there yet maybe we should all go into outer space. Who's with me? :sun:

Look at the beautiful sky during our ride yesterday. Breathtaking.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.32.33 AM.png

And this morning the view out our window. Very very windy. Unreal how windy it is.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.28.17 AM.png

You can see NYC in the background. Very crisp and clear.

Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies. Hugs.

I'm with you. Definitely! But what on earth (lol did you get it) are you wearing?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so far behind. I had to share my Marty joke. He saw an orthopedic surgeon Monday for his shoulder. He has a tear in his supraspinatus, some bursitis and a bone spur all in the same area. They gave him a cortisone shot and Lidocaine; the doctor said if the pain went away temporarily one or all of those 3 were causing his pain. He goes back in a month. They would either stitch or patch the tear, drain the bursa and shave off the bone spur. Anyway he had this picture of the injuries so I had to "add" my take on it.

EVIL.jpg

Now lets talk evil... Lol. You're killing me :D

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock

Do you have hob knobs?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No @springerspaniel, it’s all touch control, it’s very sleek, that’s what attracted me to it in the first place. Oy, if I’d known, I’d have probably stuck with gas! :lol:

Hello @Scandanavian, how’re things with you, the punsters and the munchkins? How’re your Mum and Granny doing?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with you. Definitely! But what on earth (lol did you get it) are you wearing?

Hahaha yes I do. Well it was cold. I was wearing my Arcteryx jacket.
So warm and lightweight.
I am thinking of getting another in this color. Bluelicious. Though I agree the jacket is not attractive but it is functional.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

@canuk-gal, I'm sorry you're feeling down - I get it and am sending good thoughts and hugs. I hope you feel better soon.

@Bayek, the house is looking great! Beautiful choices. Oh no to the shed but I'm glad things are better now. I had to smile when I read Chris's hair is long - so is my son's LOL. Guess that's what happens when you WFH! the I hope you're having lots of fun with Auti and everyone is doing well.

@missy, beautiful pics of the scenery and Bubbalah, and of Gracie! It's great you and Greg are getting so much cycling in and also going for walks. The activity and fresh air are good for body and soul. I'm sorry you're feeling stressed about Greg's health issues but try to hang in there, everything will eventually be taken care of I'm sure. I hope you can get some answers in December about the parathryoidism.

@bling_dream19, your garnet and honeymoon ring are both gorgeous! They must bring you so much joy, the colors and settings are beautiful.

@MamaBee, just read about your family issues and I'm sorry. I'm sure it's been very stressful but please take care of yourself, anxiety can take such a toll on a person's health. On a happier note, I'm so glad you got to see and hold your grandbabies!

@marcy, I can see where you'd be tempted by a self-starting car but there's a lot to be said for a car that can handle those Wyoming conditions. And also your car is so purdy! I'm glad Marty had his MRI and saw the surgeon, but on no to the issues! Sounds like there's a plan in place but I'm sorry he has to deal with this. LOL to your addition. Sending hugs to you on your father's birthday. Nice that you have a 4 day weekend coming up.

@Austina, your new furniture is really beautiful! Love the style and color, and what a lovely room too. You are certainly getting so much accomplished around the house. Ugh, sorry about all the electricity aggravation but it sounds like things are looking up and I really hope the flooring doesn't have to be removed. Here's hoping things work out for Adam, Kim, and Marvin!

@springerspaniel, I hope you're making lots of progress on your paper, good luck!

Hi @Scandinavian! I"m sorry things are so hard right now, all of this is very overwhelming for sure. I have to keep reminding myself it's temporary. Take care and be good to yourself, and hang in there.

@Sally Brown, good wishes to you for a smooth and successful surgery. I'm sorry you have to go through this but I'm sure every precaution will be taken and you will be fine. <3

Welp, not too much has changed since I last checked in! But I guess that's a good thing these days. I'm good, and so is the family. dh is working from home now because the city he works in sent out a guideline that everyone who can work from home should do so. Not much new with me, trying to keep myself occupied and stay positive. This is a very boring update LOL.

Sending good thoughts to all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results