carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad you managed to get the things you needed at Sams @marcy. The madness has begun here too, I‘ve heard some of the local supermarkets are out of pasta and toilet paper again :roll: I just don’t understand the mentality of people. I’ve found the KN95 masks really comfortable because they stand away from your mouth so you don’t feel stifled. I know Adam has sourced N95 masks which he is very pleased with and finds them a good fit. You seem to have got our weather and we’ve got yours, it’s literally freezing here at the moment. Enjoy it while it lasts. I’m glad Marty can get his MRI, hopefully it’ll be soon.

I hope everything went well with Greg’s mole check today @missy, and that you managed to get out and enjoy the good weather. I’m looking forward to being able to go out for a walk again, especially as we can’t go anywhere else.

We decided to go to the furniture store today as we’d had absolutely no response from email or webchat, and the good news is they’re expecting our sofas in on Monday. We’ll then get an email to arrange delivery. We did find a charity who might be interested, but we’ve got a bit of a dilemma in that if they don’t take it before our new sofas arrive, we can’t ask the company to take them away. Oy, I hope they get back to us soon with a decision.

We then went to Costco, as I wanted to get some meat because I’m pretty sure the idiots will be stripping the shelves bare everywhere else despite all the food shops still be open during lockdown. I was pleased to see they were limiting the sale of toilet paper and kitchen roll to one pack per customer, we didn’t need any because when we ordered online before you had to buy 2 huge packs so we have plenty. :lol:

We came home and have started painting the orangery in anticipation of the new furniture coming, didn’t take long to paint the walls, I’ll be doing the woodwork tomorrow.

I hope everything is well in NIRDI world :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out.

Lots and lots is goIng on. (is that grammatically correct? Isn't saying a lot mean lots and lots????) A lot is enough. lol :bigsmile:

Have been enjoying fine weather--actually I haven't been since I work inside (no windows) most days and don't get out except for a bit for lunch. But my DH has been cycling. Retirement is, apparently, great. I hear the white stuff is on it's way. Ok, it is November in the (F:wavey:oothills of the ) Rockies after all.

Some small healing on my tooth. One day at a time. But til the end of time?

I think I'll just stop here. Goodness knows we all have a lot to deal with. But I am thankful for the relief the pretty jewels I see here, provide. And of course, the great company!!!!!

I'll take my own advice--keep safe, calm and carry on.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

@canuk-gal so happy to see you feeling better!

Indeed! So happy you are feeling relief and doing well @canuk-gal . Being in pain is exhausting and I am so glad you are feeling better dear Sharon. Yay for your DH being able to cycle and woohoo for nice weather. XOXO. And continued healing vibes.

@springerspaniel hope you are experiencing lovely weather and enjoying a non hectic but fun week. Hugs.

@Austina I am glad your new sofas are to be delivered Monday and fingers crossed the charity who said they will take them is able to pick them up soon. Even during non Covid times it can be challenging giving away furniture. I sure hope they don't strip the shelves bare by you and hope your lockdown goes smoothly. Infection rate is climbing here and hopefully the politicians will do something about it sooner vs later. Glad your painting is going well and enjoy doing the woodwork today. Enjoy a productive day. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 woohoo tomorrow is Friday already. Have a lovely day. Any bling updates for us? :sun: XOXO

@Slick1 glad you doctor appointment went as well as it could have and also glad you got the flu vaccination out of the way. Hope work isn't hectic today and hope you get to enjoy the gorgeous weather we are having. It is going to hopefully last through the weekend so you should have time to enjoy it then. Hugs.

@Bayek looks like good news is on the horizon of the topic we cannot mention. I am breathing a sigh of relief. Hope you are doing well and feeling good and sending you hugs. Any house updates?

@MamaBee sweet Joanne. Sending you hugs and keeping good thoughts.

@marcy any work updates? Can you ask to work from home more days? Hope you are continuing to enjoy wonderful weather.

Hello to everyone else. Hope all is going well. Yesterday was a beautiful day as is today. We are looking forward to a beautiful few days ahead and cycling.

Some photos from yesterday to share with you.

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 6.28.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 6.28.14 AM.png

It's September in November. :)
Love you ladies and have a wonderful Thursday. Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning sunrise!

sunrisebeachhousebackyard2020.jpeg.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I hope those are clean socks @marcy? :lol:

What a beautiful sunrise @missy, all we could see this morning was mist! Woohoo to having good weather and being able to get out and ride. Sadly, much as I thought, we checked our online order, and there are already things out of stock :roll: When are these selfish idiots going to learn? Our sofas are due at the furniture store’s warehouse on Monday, and they’ll contact us to arrange delivery, so hopefully sometime next week. Unfortunately, because of lockdown, it looks like none of the charities will be taking donations, so we’ll just have to get the furniture company to take the old sofa away, they’ll probably just dump it, which is criminal because there’s a lot more life left in it, we just can’t store it for another month.

Hi @springerspaniel , how are the woofers doing? Are you any further on with your paper?

How exciting to be expecting more new bling @bling_dream19 , bet you can’t wait for tomorrow.

Glad your tooth is less achy now @canuk-gal , I hope it stays that way. We were contacted by our dentist today to rearrange our appts because Jav (our dentist) will be on maternity leave. She’d only just got back from maternity leave when we had our appt in Sept. :-o

Hope things are progressing on the house @Bayek, not too much longer now till you’re in.

I got 2 coats on the woodwork in the orangery today, just the lantern roof to clean tomorrow and the box to paint. We’ve just been officially notified that our Christmas flights are cancelled, not that we were going to use them, but hey ho.

Lots of really loud fireworks going off here (Bonfire night), just glad that Dottie isn’t here cowering and being scared stiff by them :cry:

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greetings NIRDI's.

@missy you are wonderful! thank you for asking about Kath, she made it thru the biopsy, turned out they decided not to do a D&C because IF it's cancer (small chance) they will be doing a hysterectomy and if it's not cancer then they can go back in and clear the uterus.. Kath's husband texted and said she's fine and sleeping tomorrow is her 56th BDAY! I have flowers going her way.. said 'very hard 2 weeks, happy birthday, i love you Kath' Kate and John of course.. Girlie those boots are bitchin' cool you know that woman Christina Anstead, she wears the coolest boots, love the way she dresses.. hate the way she talks.. but hey I'm not married to her and she has talent in decorating.

well.. call me if you want anytime, if I can't pick up I'll call you back, maybe you are like me, I'm a much better note writer, altho I write as I speak, you don't do that, but sometimes phone calls can be draining... My love to Greg and you, and anytime Missy anytime call, write etc.. we are best ofs and forevers and are here for each other. love you Missy.

@Austina yup Austina, this year is the year I will forget, just so much crap. Thank you for your kind words about my friend Kathleen, 35 yrs she has been there for me and vice versa, altho we have fought! like sisters. We've been opening up here in Texas thank you guvnor! But the cases here in the USA are totally out of control, we heard from a friend that San Antonio hospitals are overrun, maybe Adam has heard the too.. I think there is 2 worlds in the USA, one that thinks covid is a conspiracy and another that thinks we should all wear masks, and the non maskers are spreading this disease.. very troubling. Take care and again 2021 is our year.. xoxoxo

@junebug17 how's your Brooklyn DD doing? how's NJ? crazy times across our sacred USA with covid.. crazy times.. sending you love and love to the family and hope you get settled back in Jersey xx00x0x0x

@marcy Wow Marcy, you take care.... I used to hate 8:30 meetings, like why? 9 is good! glad your muscles are doing well, my shoulder hurts really bad today, I am not sure what is going on but I am resting it. Mask mandates are a PITA aren't they, but it's best for everyone at this moment in time.. cold weather brings all together, close, and it's easier to catch flu, colds, or covid.. sucks. Mary must be so proud of all you have accomplished..sending you hugs and love and thank you for your nice words about Auti, isn't she something, today Cara sent me a video where she is dancing and singing to God only knows what, I couldn't discern any words, nor could Cara! hugs xoxoxoxo

House is pain, I'll try to come back later and tell you all about it... we have extended the lease here thru December. GRRRRR.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!! Just a quick check-in today. On the edge of my seat about the election results.

@Austina I was thinking the same thing about the socks on the bear's head being clean! Wow do I understand about not being able to donate perfectly good furniture--a real shame. Glad you are getting painting done and hope the new furniture arrives quickly. People are stockpiling stuff here as well, so grocery stores look a little strange.

@bling_dream19 I can't wait for you to post pictures of what you are getting tomorrow.

@missy thanks so much for the beautiful pictures! The cycling weather seems outstanding right now. I hope you and Greg and the kitties are doing well and that you are continuing to get info from your docs. I wish I could wear boots like yours, but have feet as wide as New Jersey (although not nearly as scented as the Jersey Turnpike, I hope!)

@Bayek Any updates about your friend Kath? So frustrating to have to extend your lease until December. I do like the granite you chose--have been wanting a granite countertop for a long time, but other house things and dog expenses have gotten in the way.

@marcy I think it's great that you and your husband are so playful. We have a stuffed wombat named Russell who occasionally shows up in odd places here.

Thanks to those of you who have inquired about my paper. I got some more work done on it, and hope to finish by the end of this weekend. Getting this done lets me finally apply for promotion, and I don't want to miss out on that. Goofy Clyde is getting groomed professionally this weekend and I'll be grooming my husband and Miss Ellie as best I can. (Last time, I think David ended up looking a bit like Mo from the Three Stooges. He is a brave man...)

Shout out and hugs to everyone. I'll probably check in over the weekend when I take breaks.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Busy day at work and my wonderful dad came for dinner so not too much time for a photo shoot but here is a peak! I'm absolutely thrilled with these rings. The Dorothy ring and our honeymoon ring! 20201105_160633.jpg 20201105_160703.jpg 20201105_160713.jpg 20201105_160719.jpg
I am thinking about each of you and sending love and hugs. Hopefully I can sit down with a cup of coffee soon and catch up xo.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy FriYAY!

@Bayek happy 56th to your friend Kath and woohoo on the good news re her biopsy and health! I agree with you re writing like we speak. Free flowing and easy. Boo to the house being delayed and you extending your lease for rental but hang in there. It will be done soon! I hear you re frustration re work people. Our electrician texted us last night that he cannot install our new Generac til next year as he is terribly short handed and working alone and really backlogged. We bought the new generator per his recommendation and now it is just sitting in our yard. It's not a big deal just another thing piling up. Our old generator works fine. But still. LOL such is life. Hugs to you Great Kate and hugs to sweet Auti and please wish your best friend Kath a very happy birthday from Greg and me. Woohoo! Enjoy a wonderful weekend dear Kate. Love you. XOXO.

@springerspaniel good news about your paper almost being complete and sending you many good wishes for your promotion. You deserve it! Haha to grooming your DH and Ellie and I hope goofy Clyde enjoys (or at least tolerates well) his professional grooming session this weekend. Have a wonderful weekend and lots of good luck with your application for promotion! Big hugs. XOXO.

@Austina unbelievable that people are hoarding again. They never learn. Very selfish. I am glad you managed to get a few coats on and it is going smoothly. I am sorry the flights for Christmas were canceled but as you said it isn't a surprise. I hope the furniture deliveries go smoothly and your old furniture is picked up in a timely manner. Boo to fireworks. I detest them. Sending you big hugs and much love. Have a wonderful FriYAY and weekend. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 SWOON! Your new rings are TDF gorgeous. So beautiful and bright. :love: I am glad you got to enjoy your dad's company for dinner last night. Have a wonderful FriYAY and a great weekend. XOXO.

@marcy it's FriYAY and I hope you have a great day and weekend. Big hugs to you and all the teddies.

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying mild weather as we are and having a lovely rest of the week. And may your pain be completely gone and may you enjoy a wonderful weekend. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Yesterday was a top ten day. Sunshine, mid 60s and unbelievable. Gorgeous cycling down the shore and we broke the 7500 mile mark woohoo. Looking forward to another beautiful day. This AM Greg has a CAT (meoooow) scan scheduled first for his kidney stones. The fun never ends here lol. And when he gets back we will go cycling.

Have a Friday filled with much YAY and love. Stay well and be safe. Leaving you with a few photos from our cycling adventures yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 6.12.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 6.13.03 AM.png

Happy FriYAY girls! (((Hugs))).

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY! Thank you sweet @missy for your swoon! I'm loving the color of these gemstones. I'm settling down on jewelry for a while lol. Now that I've got the gems that I love in the settings that I love, I can chill for a while lol. Thinking about you and Greg. Your photos are beautiful and always brighten my day!
I love your teddies @marcy and they mischief Marty says he says them from :lol:

@Bayek your home will beautiful! I know what you mean, I am sure it's extremely overwhelming and tiresome to design a whole house and then wait for it! Hang in there girl!
Glad you're making progress on your paper @springerspaniel
I'm keeping you in mind for productivity inspiration @Austina you are always having fun and getting things done and I like it! :bigsmile:
@junebug17 hi sweet Junie! Thank you for your kind post. I hope all is well for you!
Love and hugs to all for a beautiful weekend!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday!

@bling_dream19 you knocked it out of the bling ballpark with your newest additions. All your bling is gorgeous and you have a most stunning collection! Hope you have a great weekend. Big hugs and much love.

We cycled 70 miles yesterday to Bayhead and Mantoloken. Sigh. I love these towns so much. It reminds me of Cape Cod and Nantucket. All I can say is Swoon. It was a gorgeous cycling day. Today hoping for more of the same. :)

@Slick1 hugs to you and I hope you are feeling well and not feeling guilty in any way. You rock and you have to take care of yourself and your immediate family. Keeping good thoughts for you.

@Bayek have a wonderful weekend Great Kate. Love you girlie. XOXO.

@marcy please hug the teddies from me. I love them too and I feel like they need more love so add my hugs. Hope you have a wonderful weekend sweet Marcy.

@MamaBee hope all is going smoothly and sending you hugs and good wishes.

@canuk-gal hope you enjoy a sunny mild weekend and have lots of fun and are feeling well. XOXO.

@springerspaniel how did the grooming go? Hope you have a fun weekend planned. Hugs.

@MJ_Mac keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and continued healing hugs.

Hi to everyone else. I am running late so just a quick hello and want to wish you a wonderful cheerful and bright sunny Saturday.

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 7.12.49 AM.png

And because it is Caturday Saturday.
Haha love our ferals.

C847D2FC-CD11-479E-8377-34AEDD61FAF9.jpeg

Sweet Saturday to all you lovely ladies. (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Awww look at those sweet kitties @missy, they look to be in good condition so are hopefully getting plenty of food and shelter. Woohoo to hitting 7500 miles, with everything that’s been happening this year, that’s quite an achievement. I hope Greg’s scan went well and those pesky stones aren’t causing him too many problems. Lucky you having such good weather, it’s really cold here, bracing we call it!

Your new rings are TDF gorgeous @bling_dream19, you’ve got such a beautiful selection to chose from now.

Glad your paper is almost finished @springerspaniel and :lol: to grooming Mr Springy, I’ve been using the dog clippers on Colin recently too:mrgreen: I’m getting better each time and his eyesight isn’t that great so he’s happy.

I hope your working week hasn’t been too bad @marcy and your weather has been behaving.

I’m glad your friend Kath is doing OK @Bayek, what a birthday present! Ugh to having to extend your lease, this is one year we’re all going to be glad is finally over, let’s hope next year will be considerably better for us all.

We had a busy day yesterday, painting the roof ‘box’ in the orangery was hard work because of the position I was in, my neck and shoulders were really aching by the time we’d finished. I was then on my hands and knees giving the floor a good clean, so fell in to bed last night really exhausted. Still, it’s looking really fresh and bright now, all ready for the new sofas.

We went for a walk today as prescribed by the physio, and spent a couple of hours talking to Adam and Kim this afternoon.

We’ve just watched Greyhound on Apple TV (Tom Hanks) and I felt quite sea sick with all the swelling seas action, thank goodness it was a relatively short film :lol:

I’m sure you’re all enjoying the weekend ;-) Have a good one:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well at least we did not get a snowfall warning--just some icy rain. Cool enough tho @-2C. Made some meatballs, comfort food.

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

@missy such lovely photos! And SUPER on hitting 7500 miles on your bike! Glad your weather is cooperating so you guys can keep calm and peddle on! I think we are done for the season.......

Work is busy busy busy. Life too. It is what it is.

I have been looking a jewellery websites--like it is a FT job! :P2 It relaxes me, so all good there. I made the mistake of looking at the VCA website and the Frivole bangle was like a delicious hit to the brain!!!!! OhhhhhhhLALA!!!! A girl can dream.

Stacked with these......

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Sunday to you. It is literally going to be a very Sunny Sunday by us and I hope the sun is shining brightly and warmly by you too.

We had a busy day yesterday, painting the roof ‘box’ in the orangery was hard work because of the position I was in, my neck and shoulders were really aching by the time we’d finished. I was then on my hands and knees giving the floor a good clean, so fell in to bed last night really exhausted. Still, it’s looking really fresh and bright now, all ready for the new sofas.

We went for a walk today as prescribed by the physio, and spent a couple of hours talking to Adam and Kim this afternoon.

We’ve just watched Greyhound on Apple TV (Tom Hanks) and I felt quite sea sick with all the swelling seas action, thank goodness it was a relatively short film :lol:

Dear @Austina well done. You are accomplishing much during this pandemic and kudos to you. I hope your neck and shoulders are feeling better today. How is your knee? I hope you enjoyed another good night's sleep. Sweet your living room is all fresh and bright and ready for the new sofas. Glad you enjoyed a nice walk and good convo with Adam and Kim in the afternoon. LOL I get sea sick too when watching movies with lots of swelling seas and motion and have to eschew those or else. I couldn't watch Blair Witch project due to the camera action making me ill. Hope you enjoy a wonderful Sunday. XOXO.

HI:

Well at least we did not get a snowfall warning--just some icy rain. Cool enough tho @-2C. Made some meatballs, comfort food.

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

@missy such lovely photos! And SUPER on hitting 7500 miles on your bike! Glad your weather is cooperating so you guys can keep calm and peddle on! I think we are done for the season.......

Work is busy busy busy. Life too. It is what it is.

I have been looking a jewellery websites--like it is a FT job! :P2 It relaxes me, so all good there. I made the mistake of looking at the VCA website and the Frivole bangle was like a delicious hit to the brain!!!!! OhhhhhhhLALA!!!! A girl can dream.

Stacked with these......

cheers--Sharon

Oh my, what lovely eye candy Sharon. Swoon! It relaxes me too enjoying bling but it also makes my heart beat fast so I guess I am an enigma. Relaxes me and raises my bp sometimes because I am so excited to see all the gorgeous pieces. I wish I could buy you and @LLJsmom all the VCA pieces your heart desires. You all deserve it! And yes, a girl can and should dream. That is the first step in making those dreams come true. :)

GM @bling_dream19 hope your weekend is going well and you are enjoying this gorgeous weather with your sweet DH. Hugs.

@junebug17 thinking of you and hoping all is well. NJ has been getting some excellent weather. The beaches are so crowded here. It's September in November and I am pleased with the beautiful temps and sunny skies. Hope you are too. Enjoy a lovely Sunday. XO.

@marcy hello there, hope your weekend is going well with zero work interruptions. And that you too are having mild temps. Hugs.

@Bayek hi there great Kate. Wonderful news and potentially better future for all. Fingers and toes crossed. Hope you are feeling well and the shoulder is good and you are having a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

@springerspaniel hope you are having a fun weekend and all is well by you. Big hugs.

@MJ_Mac continued hugs and well wishes. To you and your DH and your sweet furry babies.

@Scandinavian good morning dear friend. Hope the kids and you and your DH and mom are all enjoying a lovely calm weekend. Hugs.

Hello and happy Sunday to everyone else.

Yesterday was another stellar cycling day and we cycled 75 miles so woohoo. The temps were in the 70s and today might be warmer! I was sweating a bit lol. No complaints. I will take this amazing weather in November any day.

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 6.50.11 AM.png

Enjoy a glorious Sunday lovely ladies and hugs. XOXO.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday to all!

I've been involved in my local parties actions these last few months so we aren't allowed to chat about politics so suffice to say I was extremely busy and absent here but no politics so okay on that.. you guys get it I hope.

@Austina so sorry about the trip that you weren't going to take was cancelled, we all like choices, even tho you would have not come, you want our world to be safe enough to make that choice. Looking forward to seeing a pix of the new sofas.. our the charity will come soon and take your older ones. Hope Adam and Kim are probably informing you that things are creeping back up here, but not like the states that get colder weather.. the 'red' states in the USA are REALLY getting hit, they just don't seem to get it.. dunno.. sad. How's Colin and Kim and Adam? we are good here.. Here's to getting rid of 2020.!!

@springerspaniel I think dogs, cats ALL animals are more important than some dumb old granite Springer.. waaaay more important. For me, animals are God's gift if you believe, if you don't, it's nature's gift, or maybe dumb luck, but animals are innocents, even bad, scary ones are doing what they have done b4 we evolved.. I LOVE animals. have a great Sunday and hope you and the family are all well.

@bling_dream19 OMG, all all ALL of the recent beautiful rings you have recently (in the last year or so) are magnificent, really BD.. truly works of art, congratulations girl.. your taste is exquisite and your rings all mean something wonderful.. Happy Sunday girl!

@MamaBee so, you don't like your I colored stone your ACA.. I can say sometimes the yellow tint bugs me too, but when I discuss it with John lolololroflmao is how he reacts and then the house right now, truth is 200K more than we thought it would be.. soooo, no upgrades and EVER is my forever, yellowish at times but mine, but I GET IT.. hope all te family is well, hope your grandboys are thriving Joanne.. happy Sunday.

@marcy I laughed my butt off when I saw the pic of bear (auti call her bear) Mary has a wonderful sense of humor and I love to hear and see about his antics and retaliation, it's fun!.. happy Sunday Marcy.. hope knees and shoulders are doing well.. my shoulder has started to act up painfully,, hmmm dunno.. anyway seeing Dr. Cut Cut on Thursday, he'll xray it I'm sure.. Happy Sunday!

@Calliecake HEY you, stop in to say hello, I say Callie, we made it, we even sort of were able to use code on here to share our happiness! so happy happy happy 4 years to come we hope and happy you Callie, friends 4 ever.. happy Sunday!

@canuk-gal Hello Sharon! hope you are feeling okay, TEETH pain sucks sucks sucks.. @Slick1 has had it worse than I am, but one thing I will say is that I let pain go because we as women, often do... keep up on it. happy Sunday Sharon!

@Slick1 Hey, happy Sunday, your pix are beautiful, I used to live about 3 miles east of the Taconic in Clinton Corners, NY just north of Poughkeepsie, we had 3 acress and a modern home there back in the 80s, John had it with his first wife, lovely home, but we moved to Raleigh 3 years after getting married, but Fall riding along the Taconic was heaven.. Happy Sunday! also sending good, happy, hugs to the family!

@missy oooh your pictures are soooo gorgeous.. there's nothing like an empty beach to remind one of fall, and beauty and nature/god whichever, whatever, the something bigger than me, maybe love?? not sure but as I always say, your pics make me serene, happy, and loving.. I have said as I've gotten old now and reflect, If I have influenced ONE person in a positive way in life, to lift up, to care, to show affection then I have had a successful life, you Missy the Marvelous do that every day.. lucky me..lucky us.. So, how's Greg? the furkids? Mom and Dad? nieces? andHad breakfast at an outside restaurant with Mike, Cara and Autumn, Cara is still mending, Mike buzzed his" and waving.. with Granny behind her.. fun stuff.. miss you Missy, 2021 right? I hope I send back 1/1000 of the love and care you give Missy.. you are special so happy Sunday to you and your beautiful family! tell Greg HELLO! and a hug.. xo

My MB sink, do you think I should tell them to take down the backsplash thing? I don't really like it, but I wasn't going to tile there either please anyone with a a thought please please tell me. THANK YOU

1604838448684.png

kitchen sink

1604838514207.png

View looking into the kitchen from the dining/family room, they have already put up reclaimed wood in the front BUT they put the electrical outlets in the front also, who the heck wants their outlets there: they are already moving them. Doing with a white backsplash and gold knobs, pulls.. so tired of this, yup 1st world whine, but this isn't me.. I should have built a tract home where you walk in and the builder gives you 3 choices, this has been too much for me

1604838580411.png

Side view of the house showing the stone work.

1604838775969.png

okay so the builder had built a shed to store all the outside equipment in, it looks horrendous, and we are meeting with him today.. it looks like a wal-mart special and we never requested it.. so much waste - build then take it down.. my builder is over committed. I don't have a pix of it because John was so upset he was taking the pix.. me, I just am here for the ride.

Grandpa, Auti, and Salley Walley our baby.

1604838949806.png

So off today to the house again.. here's the latest pix of the pool. haha someday..

1604839094567.png

Attachments

• 1604839068445.png
    1604839068445.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Good morning and happy Sunday for all! Thank you for all of the bling love. It really means a lot and these last 2 rings are really special. I've learned to not settle and keep going until it's right for you and enjoy the ride and the journey! It's kind of deep to make a analogy from jewelry to life but it's how our mind works. I still get sad and upset about the past and the choices I made or didn't make but it brought me to this point and I am grateful. So, trying to let the past stay in the past and not affect my present or future. That's what this thread is about right? I love hearing what's going in your daily life. Yesterday was truly epic for my hubby and I as went horseback riding on the beach and then kayaking! Its been a magical few weeks. IMG951703.jpg
We've got a busy day ahead. Life is good! @missy I love that you and Greg are living your dream cycling and bring in nature most days and loving each other always. Thank you for your sweet words always. Always sending you love and hugs friend. Oh I looked at modcloth a week or 2 ago but didn't order anything. They sell out quickly lol! But really cute things there!
@Bayek Kate the great! Thank you for your kind words on my jewelry. It means a lot! Love that pic on the floor. I miss the days of playing with my nieces on the floor. She's such a cutie and so much fun!
@Austina thank you for the bling love! I feel very happy and content and lots to choose from! I love hearing about your painting and updating. Glad you are enjoying life!
Love and hugs to all!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday to all!

I've been involved in my local parties actions these last few months so we aren't allowed to chat about politics so suffice to say I was extremely busy and absent here but no politics so okay on that.. you guys get it I hope.

@Austina so sorry about the trip that you weren't going to take was cancelled, we all like choices, even tho you would have not come, you want our world to be safe enough to make that choice. Looking forward to seeing a pix of the new sofas.. our the charity will come soon and take your older ones. Hope Adam and Kim are probably informing you that things are creeping back up here, but not like the states that get colder weather.. the 'red' states in the USA are REALLY getting hit, they just don't seem to get it.. dunno.. sad. How's Colin and Kim and Adam? we are good here.. Here's to getting rid of 2020.!!

@springerspaniel I think dogs, cats ALL animals are more important than some dumb old granite Springer.. waaaay more important. For me, animals are God's gift if you believe, if you don't, it's nature's gift, or maybe dumb luck, but animals are innocents, even bad, scary ones are doing what they have done b4 we evolved.. I LOVE animals. have a great Sunday and hope you and the family are all well.

@bling_dream19 OMG, all all ALL of the recent beautiful rings you have recently (in the last year or so) are magnificent, really BD.. truly works of art, congratulations girl.. your taste is exquisite and your rings all mean something wonderful.. Happy Sunday girl!

@MamaBee so, you don't like your I colored stone your ACA.. I can say sometimes the yellow tint bugs me too, but when I discuss it with John lolololroflmao is how he reacts and then the house right now, truth is 200K more than we thought it would be.. soooo, no upgrades and EVER is my forever, yellowish at times but mine, but I GET IT.. hope all te family is well, hope your grandboys are thriving Joanne.. happy Sunday.

@marcy I laughed my butt off when I saw the pic of bear (auti call her bear) Mary has a wonderful sense of humor and I love to hear and see about his antics and retaliation, it's fun!.. happy Sunday Marcy.. hope knees and shoulders are doing well.. my shoulder has started to act up painfully,, hmmm dunno.. anyway seeing Dr. Cut Cut on Thursday, he'll xray it I'm sure.. Happy Sunday!

@Calliecake HEY you, stop in to say hello, I say Callie, we made it, we even sort of were able to use code on here to share our happiness! so happy happy happy 4 years to come we hope and happy you Callie, friends 4 ever.. happy Sunday!

@canuk-gal Hello Sharon! hope you are feeling okay, TEETH pain sucks sucks sucks.. @Slick1 has had it worse than I am, but one thing I will say is that I let pain go because we as women, often do... keep up on it. happy Sunday Sharon!

@Slick1 Hey, happy Sunday, your pix are beautiful, I used to live about 3 miles east of the Taconic in Clinton Corners, NY just north of Poughkeepsie, we had 3 acress and a modern home there back in the 80s, John had it with his first wife, lovely home, but we moved to Raleigh 3 years after getting married, but Fall riding along the Taconic was heaven.. Happy Sunday! also sending good, happy, hugs to the family!

@missy oooh your pictures are soooo gorgeous.. there's nothing like an empty beach to remind one of fall, and beauty and nature/god whichever, whatever, the something bigger than me, maybe love?? not sure but as I always say, your pics make me serene, happy, and loving.. I have said as I've gotten old now and reflect, If I have influenced ONE person in a positive way in life, to lift up, to care, to show affection then I have had a successful life, you Missy the Marvelous do that every day.. lucky me..lucky us.. So, how's Greg? the furkids? Mom and Dad? nieces? andHad breakfast at an outside restaurant with Mike, Cara and Autumn, Cara is still mending, Mike buzzed his" and waving.. with Granny behind her.. fun stuff.. miss you Missy, 2021 right? I hope I send back 1/1000 of the love and care you give Missy.. you are special so happy Sunday to you and your beautiful family! tell Greg HELLO! and a hug.. xo

My MB sink, do you think I should tell them to take down the backsplash thing? I don't really like it, but I wasn't going to tile there either please anyone with a a thought please please tell me. THANK YOU

1604838448684.png

kitchen sink

1604838514207.png

View looking into the kitchen from the dining/family room, they have already put up reclaimed wood in the front BUT they put the electrical outlets in the front also, who the heck wants their outlets there: they are already moving them. Doing with a white backsplash and gold knobs, pulls.. so tired of this, yup 1st world whine, but this isn't me.. I should have built a tract home where you walk in and the builder gives you 3 choices, this has been too much for me

1604838580411.png

Side view of the house showing the stone work.

1604838775969.png

okay so the builder had built a shed to store all the outside equipment in, it looks horrendous, and we are meeting with him today.. it looks like a wal-mart special and we never requested it.. so much waste - build then take it down.. my builder is over committed. I don't have a pix of it because John was so upset he was taking the pix.. me, I just am here for the ride.

Grandpa, Auti, and Salley Walley our baby.

1604838949806.png

So off today to the house again.. here's the latest pix of the pool. haha someday..

1604839094567.png

Kate

I never post anymore, but I couldn't resist. We've had two custom-designed houses done for us and multiple renos. You absolutely have to KEEP that backsplash in the bathroom. It looks clean and nice and minimal, but more importantly it's needed functionally. You don't want a bathroom counter to butt up against drywall because of the possibility of it getting wet frequently over the years and creating mold. Plus, future buyers will see it as unfinished. Having no kind of backsplash is what you do when you don't have enough money to finish it right. Please, please keep it.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

@Bayek, I absolutely echo what @rainwood says. If you don’t have the upstand, you risk water getting between the top and wall and causing a problem later on. I really like the look, it’s very modern, so you’re totally ‘on trend’!!! I’m loving your kitchen counter top, it looks fab. Oy to the overrun on costs :-o That’s just crazy and another reason I‘m happy with a preloved house.

Sounds like you have a great weekend @bling_dream19, I’m not a horsey person, but Colin was an avid rider before we met.

:kiss2: That hinged bangle @canuk-gal, hurry up and win the lottery, it’s gorgeous.

I can’t believe your temps @missy, what a bonus to have such great weather at the time of year so you can enjoy your rides. How’s Greg’s knee coping with all this cycling? We’re supposed to be getting some warmer weather for 10 days with above average temperatures, let’s hope so.

Did you have a good weekend @marcy?

We’ve done absolutely nothing (well apart from some cleaning and cooking :lol:). Our neighbour suggested we put the sofa on our local FB free page, so I did and someone wants it, they say they’ll come today, so just hope they turn up.

I had a long conversations with Shirley yesterday, she was reasonably OK, except when she started on about how her DIL hates her. I managed to steer the conversation away, and she didn’t mention it again. I do think when she’s rested, she’s much more coherent and clear minded.

Gardener is here, tidying up, pruning and clearing away the fallen leaves. We’ve decided to wait until tomorrow to start redecorating, I don’t want to miss a message from the person who wants the sofa.

Have a marvellous Monday lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

We cycled 80 miles yesterday which I think is a record for us on the recumbent. We used to cycle 80/85 miles on the Calfee carbon tandem but the recumbent is heavier a bike and we haven't gone past 75 in one day on it til yesterday. The weather was perfect for it and so we went for it. Haha I am a bit sore today but it was a great cycling day. Today we shall cycle but a bit less miles. Not bad for our collective age of 117 years old. :)

@Bayek FWIW I agree wholeheartedly with @rainwood. Keep the backsplash. It is just easier and better to keep clean with a backsplash and yes functionally will work much more efficiently with one too. Worth the extra $ in this case. I am sorry about all the extra costs but it does look like it is coming along well and yay for that. Thank you for all the election work you have done and all the energy you put into making sure we got the best person in there. Success. That's all I can say on PS since the topic is not allowed but you know what I mean. Big hugs and love and stay safe and well Great Kate. XOXO.

@Austina I am glad you enjoyed a good convo with Shirley and were able to steer her away from the topic of her DIL. I am sure when she is rested her memory is better. Same for all of us of course but I imagine with any kind of dementia even more so it's critical to get much needed rest. Hope your garden is cleaned up to your satisfaction and good luck with the rest of the redecorating and furniture deliveries. Hugs and have a good Monday.

@rainwood all I can say is yes. Yes. Yes. Success. Well done. Worth all the energy and time. Have a sweet week. Things are looking up. Though Covid is on the rise and I hope we can nip that in the bud. Stay safe and be well. Oh and I am waiting for your you know what update please. Hahaha I have been very patient. I will continue to be patient. Something to look forward to. (((Hugs))).

@bling_dream19 happy Monday lovely lady. What a great weekend you enjoyed and that makes me happy. And I am so pleased you are satiated with your bling collection. It is an enviable collection indeed. Yes MC sells out quickly but keep an eye on their new things. I keep getting notices for new stuff. I haven't had any time to check them out as we have been cycling our hearts out lately lol. Thank you for all the love and right back at ya. Have a wonderful day and hugs to you my sweet friend.

@marcy hope you have a good and easy Monday. Hugs.

@canuk-gal enjoy a lovely day and hope you had a good weekend. XOXO.

@Slick1 have a good Monday and continued healing vibes to J and to you. (((HUGS))).

@MamaBee how are you? How are the kids? Keeping you in my thoughts. Sending you hugs.

@springerspaniel I hope you had a wonderful weekend and you have a great week ahead. Big hugs.

So as I wrote we cycled 80 miles yesterday. Perfect weather. So crowded though it made me a bit nervous. We stayed away from people but we had to stop to use the restroom as we were cycling for many hours (and always have to make at least 3 or more restroom stops) so we wore our masks when we stopped but you know it isn't foolproof. So hopefully we will be OK. It was more crowded than a summer weekend not kidding. Greg said it's as if people think they will never get outside and get good weather again. LOL.

The sun was setting as we were heading back and not yet home. We cut it a bit too close and it was just before dark as we were cycling into the driveway. Whew. Made it just in time.

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 7.27.02 AM.png

See how low the sun was when we were about 40 minutes from home.

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 7.31.10 AM.png

About 20 minutes away here...sun is getting lower and lower and lower...

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 7.27.48 AM.png

Have a marvelous Monday lovely ladies and big hugs to all of you.
Be well and stay safe.
(((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning! It’s been stressful here so mainly going on the jewelry threads. I can pop on and off. I can’t really go into things because it bums me out so I’ll just say it’s one of my kids...You know who...has been giving me trouble again. I had to cut off contact as it’s been affecting my health. That’s all I can say about it. Sigh..
I hope everyone is doing well..
@Bayek Please keep the backsplash...If water hits the drywall you will be having lots of moisture and mildew issues. I think it’s pretty the way it is. What material is it? It’s really pretty! Your whole house is so beautiful...I love watching it progress..
I‘m happy Cara is on the mend..and that she was able to get out to lunch with you and the family. Autie is beyond precious. I’m biting the bullet and visiting Scott, Allie and the boys this Sunday. They were exposed to Covid from a friend outside during a Halloween parade. They’ve been isolating..It will be fifteen days by the time I go. It’s my only window of opportunity to see them in person. My son took a nasal swab test which isn’t back yet...If that’s a negative it’s a go. He will take another on Friday..but the results won’t be back by the time I go on Sunday. My grandson will also be out of day care during that two week period...so it‘s a perfect opportunity. I’m also hoping my daughter-in-law will do a rapid test before I come. I won’t suggest it but am hoping she will. I just need a break to see them. Nice knowing you all..haha
I really like my ACA but the I is bothering me. I think it’s a low I. I have other I diamonds and they are whiter. One is a Tiffany diamond and the other is an antique asscher with blue fluoro. I am leaning on going smaller and getting specs that I want. I could have gone to 3 carat but I’m cheap. If it was my one and only I would do it...I can always upgrade the size later if I sell one of my rings. I just can’t justify spending that much and keeping the others. I love that it’s always an option with Whiteflash.
@missy Wow to hitting 7500 miles! That’s an amazing feat! I wondered how you managed to cycle without stopping often to use the restroom. Considering I have a bladder of a gnat it wouldn’t be possible to go all day without a stop...I bet that’s why it was so busy. We only have so many days left before everyone hunkers down from being too cold outside. Your photos are so beautiful...The blue sky and water are dreamy.
What‘s going on with Greg’s testing? Does he have any appointments coming up? I hope he doesn’t have to have surgery..but if he does..the hospitals and surgical centers are being so careful.
I read that Pfizer‘s vaccine will be over 90% effective! There’s some major things like cold storage and distribution to settle but it looks very promising! I heard a doctor say the timeline for distribution would be from January to April..
How are you doing? How are the furries?
@Austina That’s wonderful you get to FaceTime with Adam and Kim for hours. You have such a nice relationship with them.
You‘ve been doing a lot of work on your house painting, etc. Are you readying it for sale? I wondered about how you will manage your furniture when you move to Texas. I can’t imagine you would bring everything from where you are now. It would be crazy expensive. Are you thinking of it more like you are staging the house?
@bling_dream19 You are building such a beautiful collection! You should add them to a right hand thread so we can see them all together..
I loved seeing the pic of the adorable horse. It sounds like you had a fun day with the hubby....I can’t swim so won’t Kayak..We have one tandem one in Maryland. My hubby will take David out when his back is up to it.. We’re old..haha
@canuk-gal The bracelets you posted are gorgeous. I couldn’t believe the prices...OMG I used to browse jewelry but I wound up buying it...but not at those prices! I’m still browsing but more looking a possibilities at Whiteflash for an upgrade. There’s not much there niw but hope they have more inventory after the beginning if the year..I saw some of your statement earrings on another thread. Your blue and diamond ones are gorgeous.
@marcy I hope you had a fun weekend...and get some reprieve from work..
@jimmianne I‘ve been thinking about you. I hope you’re doing okay with your little guy..
Hi to everyone I didn’t mention...The crew has been needing something every five minutes during the time I typed this but shooed them off. Haha Have a great day!
Edited to say Scott is negative! They also just told me that they are going to both take rapid tests on Thursday and Friday..❤

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo @MamaBee, that’s great news, I’m so relieved for you, now you an enjoy your much awaited visit at the weekend. Sorry about the problems you’re having :(

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOLA Rainwood! thank you so much for your post, I am keeping it, yesterday the builder and I talked - or rather he talked to me :) and we are gonna keep it! THANK YOU again.. you need to post more.. once a NIRDI always one! xo

Kate

I never post anymore, but I couldn't resist. We've had two custom-designed houses done for us and multiple renos. You absolutely have to KEEP that backsplash in the bathroom. It looks clean and nice and minimal, but more importantly it's needed functionally. You don't want a bathroom counter to butt up against drywall because of the possibility of it getting wet frequently over the years and creating mold. Plus, future buyers will see it as unfinished. Having no kind of backsplash is what you do when you don't have enough money to finish it right. Please, please keep it.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning my beautiful friends!

@rainwood Rainwood thank you again!

@missy @MamaBee @Austina I am keeping the backsplash and thank you all, it's WONDERFUL that you all help me with this crazy stuff.. ugh. xoxoxo

@missy beautiful, lovely morning eh! Missy, how is Greg, how is testing going? have they ensured his problem isn't the parathyroid? I want Brooklyn pizza!

@MamaBee a lot of good news in your post girl! how's your new grandson? As to the downer news you posted, it's so easy to say but so hard to do, letting Go, letting God, now that is an AA saying/Al Anon, but it worked for me in my life, you are a wonderful, marvelous, mother, wife, grandmother, friend and all around good human.. leading a horse to water does not mean they will drink it, so much good things in your life Joanne..matter of fact, meeting you real on line and someday IRL has made me a better person.. The backsplash is Quartz, 2 inch, it wasn't that I couldn't afford 3 inch but hell why not save BUT I like the look in the bathroom of 2 inch better because 3 inch is too heavy, it's one of the things I didn't like about my bathrooms in ME, too much heavy granite.. you are special btw. xoxo

@Austina you ain't kidding, you should buy either a spec house or a gently used new one, people move here all the time as you know.. hope the person who wants to sofa has picked it up... I too am glad you can talk to son and Kim..gives a heart a nudge of happiness that at least we can see our kids. hi to everyone! xoxo

So the pool lines to electricity and water were dug today.. we are inching closer and closer to being done.. hot today in Atown, 80s.. oh well I can look at everyone's pix of fall. I am a whiner!

yesterday

1604945557724.png

close up of granite by kitchen sink.. love my Bordeaux spots

1604945641615.png

that's all I took yesterday.

have a wonderful mon all you NIRDIs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay to some progress @ Bayek and yes, a young guy who’s just moved in to a flat and hasn’t got a stick of furniture, turned up and took the sofa and was very grateful for it. We also threw in a toaster, bread maker and halogen oven :lol:

I dunno, this pandemic is making me a bit crazy, things I wouldn’t normally worry about are playing on my mind. Can you believe last night I worried if he’d turn up or not, then I worried he might be an axe murderer :roll: ? I even sent Adam a screen shot of his FB profile and he said he’d hunt him down and avenge us if anything bad happened - that’s my boy:mrgreen:!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results