carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy FriYAY!

@bling_dream19 it's our favorite day. Hope the week is going well and all is good by you. Looking forward to a beautiful weekend. Hugs to you and your sweet DH.

@springerspaniel that is a beautiful island. Hope your paper is successfully completed and you are pleased with the results. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs to you and your furry babies. XOXO.

@canuk-gal how are you doing? I hope each day is getting a bit better and easier and you are feeling well. Thinking of you and sending many hugs and good wishes your way.

@Sally Brown did you schedule your gall bladder surgery yet? I am sorry I don't remember. We are still waiting for Greg's consult and lots going on next month. I am nervous and just hope the doctors agree he has hyperparathyroidism and will help him. Such a complex diagnosis but I joined a group all about hyperparathyroidism and they gave me a questionnaire for Greg to take and the results showed yes he has it. So now hoping the doctors agree. Anyway hope you are doing well and feeling good and sending you all the best. Hugs.

@junebug17 that is great your DH can work from home. Are you guys going to stay in NJ or are you thinking about heading back to SC since he can work remotely? Thank you for the good wishes. And I agree remaining positive is a good way to be. One day at a time and we will get through this. And boring is good lol. Bring on the boring please. I will take that. :)
We are in for some lovely weather and I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

@Austina how are you? Any updates re the electrical issues? Have you gotten in touch with the people who installed your island? I am keeping good thoughts for you and just glad you have a workable situation right now and can work around the problem. Hugs and hope you have a wonderful Friday. XOXO.

@marcy woohoo 4 day weekend rocks and also woohoo it's FriYAY. What are your weekend plans? Hope your weather is decent and you are looking forward to some R&R. XOXO.

@Bayek thanks for the IG love. Hope all is going smoothly and you are continuing to heal and feeling well. Hope the house is coming along and almost ready for you guys. Big hugs and love.

@MamaBee you remain in my thoughts and you will get past this and things will get better. In the meantime it sucks but you have to do what is best for you. You are a wonderful parent and any child would be so fortunate to have you and right now you are doing what is best for everyone. Big hugs and good thoughts for all of you. XOXO.

@Scandinavian what coat do you wear for active sports outside in the winter? I bet you have a great coat given your climate. I am interested because I am always looking for a warm active winter coat so I can be outdoors in freezing cold weather and in the winter I am always cold. Hugs.

We went hiking yesterday as it was still too cold and windy for cycling. It was an exhilarating hike and I was super careful as I am klutzy. It was a beautiful day and I warmed up quickly. I took a few pics along the way but not too many because we had a lot of ground to cover. Have a fantastic FriYAY lovely friends. Hugs to all of you.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@missy thanks for keeping me in mind. It's been a busy week with several COVID admissions. Paper is not yet done; I still have the results and discussion sections to complete and will be making a big push this weekend. I am holding you and Greg in my heart.

Shout out to all of the NIRDIs and I am hoping your weekends bring you some relaxation!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The kitchen people contacted me yesterday @missy, Graham is trying to source an electrician to come and fix the problem, so I just have to sit tight and wait. The original electrician said he’ll pay for the repair if it turns out to be down to him. Sounds like joining the group has been productive even if it’s just to confirm that‘s what Greg has. Hang in there, we’re almost in to December, and hopefully a good Drs appt and a way forward. Lucky you in for good weather, it’s sooooo cold here, there was frost on the grass this morning and it’s been horrible drizzly weather all day.

Nice to hear from you @junebug17, I’m glad your DH is now working from home, it lessens the worry about exposure. You’re pretty much describing all our lives at the moment, wash, rinse, repeat!

Good luck with your paper @springerspaniel, it sounds like you’re still pretty busy with it.

Hope you’ve had a stress free day @marcy with no interruptions from work.

How‘re things going @Bayek, I hope more progress on the house?

We had a nice surprise today, the people I ordered the TV stand from, have refunded the money, and told me to keep it! The design of it is such that the damage can’t be seen from one side, so that’s the side against the wall.

I cleaned up the old one, and put it on the local FB free page, and in less that 15 mins, someone contacted me to have it. They’ve just been to collect it, a young couple, so glad it’s gone to a new home.

I don’t need to say no plans for the weekend, it’s a given :lol:

:wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY! Yes it's our favorite day Missy! I'm always happier on Friday :bigsmile:Bubbalah is looking absolutely beautiful!!! :kiss2: :love:
The work day is over - now it's time to chill, have some food, some wine and settle into weekend mode! I cleaned jewelry today - that is always fun! I'm going to wash my hair tonight - quarantine has led to 1-2x week hair washing, so it's an event just like it used to be! I love your furniture and style @Austina
Shout out and love and hugs to all!

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your well-wishes, @marcy and @junebug17!

@missy I’m scheduled for surgery in January. Thanks for asking! I’m glad you found a hyperparathyroidism online support group for Greg. Sending hugs and best wishes that he’ll soon get these health issues resolved!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday!

The kitchen people contacted me yesterday @missy, Graham is trying to source an electrician to come and fix the problem, so I just have to sit tight and wait. The original electrician said he’ll pay for the repair if it turns out to be down to him. Sounds like joining the group has been productive even if it’s just to confirm that‘s what Greg has. Hang in there, we’re almost in to December, and hopefully a good Drs appt and a way forward. Lucky you in for good weather, it’s sooooo cold here, there was frost on the grass this morning and it’s been horrible drizzly weather all day.

My fingers are crossed for you dear @Austina. I am relieved for you the original electrician is being so nice about it all and paying for the repair should it be his fault. I am sorry your weather has been not so nice. We have had some lovely days but it is a mixed bag as you know. Today is supposedly another gorgeous day so we will be cycling and enjoying it to the max hopefully as very soon winter with its harsh temps and snow will be here. Monday is a CAT scan with dye for Greg to help figure out where his stones are as the CAT scan without dye a few weeks ago was inconclusive. This one has to be done at the hospital so I am anxious about that during the second wave. And despite precautions at hospitals people are getting sick with Covid from hospitals. An indisputable fact. We discussed what we should do and I think we are going for the CAT scan because the kidney stones are serious. One day at a time. It's the best any of us can do. I hope you have a wonderful Saturday sweet Austina. How is your knee? Hugs.

@missy thanks for keeping me in mind. It's been a busy week with several COVID admissions. Paper is not yet done; I still have the results and discussion sections to complete and will be making a big push this weekend. I am holding you and Greg in my heart.

Shout out to all of the NIRDIs and I am hoping your weekends bring you some relaxation!

Thank you so much @springerspaniel and same here. Keeping you and your DH and furry babies in my thoughts Thank you for all you do to help others and good luck with finishing your paper. Stay safe and I hope you enjoy the weekend despite having to work on your paper. Bug hugs.

Happy FriYAY! Yes it's our favorite day Missy! I'm always happier on Friday :bigsmile:Bubbalah is looking absolutely beautiful!!! :kiss2: :love:
The work day is over - now it's time to chill, have some food, some wine and settle into weekend mode! I cleaned jewelry today - that is always fun! I'm going to wash my hair tonight - quarantine has led to 1-2x week hair washing, so it's an event just like it used to be! I love your furniture and style @Austina
Shout out and love and hugs to all!

Yassss to enjoying food and wine and weekending the time away. Cleaning jewelry rocks (haha get it, rocks lol) and hope your hair washing went well. I cut off my dead ends myself but I don't think I did a great job as I had trouble cutting the back so I brought it to the front and well let's just say I cut impulsively. I think it looks less scraggly but I will only know for sure when I wash it again so probably tomorrow. In any case it was fun to do. Enjoy this Caturday Saturday sweet bling dream. Big hugs to you.

@missy I’m scheduled for surgery in January. Thanks for asking! I’m glad you found a hyperparathyroidism online support group for Greg. Sending hugs and best wishes that he’ll soon get these health issues resolved!

Awww thank you kindly. And sending you hugs too and well wishes on your upcoming procedure. It is always a bit scary having surgery and I think we have all had our fair share these past few years. Looking forward to us all being done with surgeries and being out of this pandemic and with our loved ones. Sending you lots of hugs and have a wonderful weekend Sally. XO.

@Slick1 whew, what a relief. WFH is the way to go. I hope your schedule gets less hectic and that the holidays don't cause you any more undue stress. Stay strong you are in the right and you have to protect your immediate family and yourself. Sending you love and hugs sweet lady. Have a wonderful and relaxing and fun weekend. XO.

@Bayek Girlie, great Kate the wise and wonderful. How is your shoulder? Sending you love and hugs.

@MamaBee thinking of you and sending you strength and lots of hugs.

@marcy how is your long weekend going? Yay it's Saturday. Hope whatever you are doing you enjoy to the fullest and sending you lots of hugs.

@canuk-gal you remain in my thoughts. Sending you big hugs and love across the miles. Hoping you are feeling well. And that you are feeling less sad about missing family. I think about my family every day and speak to my mom daily. My dad is not a phone person however but I do speak with him on the phone more often now than I used to. Anyway I want you to know I am sending you lots of good wishes and warm hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all enjoyed a sweet week.

We cycled yesterday and it was just wonderful. Weather, company and cycling by the sea. Pure bliss. Hoping for the same today.
Look at those skies and sea and sand. Those colors. Vivid and gorgeous.

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 4.15.02 PM.png

And leaving you with a sweet treat. Our financial advisors sent this to us yesterday. Holiday season has begun. :)

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 4.47.56 AM.png

Happy Pre-Thanksgiving weekend ladies!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is a lovely late fall day---3C and sunny. But I was cold walking anyway LOL I really needed my long coat. You'd think I would know that!!!!

I am enjoying seeing the neighborhood brighten up with seasonal lights. And I bought a seasonal smelly type candle--you know the ones everybody eschews but for Christmas!!!

Had a few days off this week and spent it grocery shopping and cooking. Not the most fun but needed doing. Too bad the food will all be eaten in two days!!! It never ends. LOL.

Shout out NIRDI's!!!!!!

Be safe and take care.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy Sunday!

@canuk-gal yes, the holiday cheer is infectious. May that be the only "infection" we get this year! And the shopping and eating never end haha. I love to eat so we have to shop. Such is the cycle (haha cycle get it) of life. I love smelly holiday candles. Vanilla is my fave. Yummm. I am glad you enjoyed a lovely and sunny but cold walk yesterday and may today be a wonderful and sunny day too. Stay well. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 hello sweet lady. Hope you had a super Caturday Saturday and have another wonderful day today. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

@MJ_Mac thinking of you. Hugs.

@springerspaniel hope you are satisfied with how your paper is going and you are almost done. And that you are enjoying a lovely weekend. Warm and cozy. I cannot believe this coming week is Thanksgiving. Stay safe and be well. Hugs.

@Bayek hugs to you great Kate. Love you.

@MamaBee hugs to you. Hope you are doing well and having a lovely weekend. XO.

@Sally Brown hope you are enjoying a fun happy weekend. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all enjoying a wonderful weekend.

We cycled lots of miles yesterday (76) as it was gorgeous out again. Today is much colder and windier so not going as many hours but no complaints. We enjoyed some awesome cycling this season. And we stopped at our bike shop (30 miles away) to use the restroom. Thankfully they are open every day but Sunday so we are being resourceful re bathrooms. And we got to say hi to their dogs too. Love the cycling dogs.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 7.03.12 AM.png

Hello sweet pup. She is actually quite old. Kenahora.
And haha I am not as OCD as I thought. We ended on this yesterday and I am A OK with that. :)

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 7.07.18 AM.png

Have a super Sunday lovely ladies. Hugs and love to you. Stay safe and be well.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Your weather looks amazing for this time of year @missy and I’m so glad you’re able to get out and enjoy it. I too love the smell of vanilla and have a candle burning ATM/. Yes, we are mightily relieved about the electrician, and I’ll email Graham tomorrow to see if there’s any update. I tried out the 1 zone table top induction hob this morning, and it’s good, cooked our customary Sunday morning mushroom omelette well.

I can’t remember if I mentioned that we (I :mrgreen:) decided it would be a good idea to get rid of the furniture we had in the guest bedroom and replace it with just bedside chests that we can take with us. They arrived yesterday without incident, and are now in situ. I put the other furniture on our local FB free page and within 15 mins, someone had contacted me about taking one of the pieces. I responded and said yes, and then nothing. Why do people do that? Later in the day, someone else contacted me and wanted both pieces and they‘ve just been and collected them.

The weather is dry today, so we’re just about to go out for a week.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good weekend. :wavey:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies, it's been a while, but you all are on my mind. All is well with me. Lately I have been feeling very hopeful about next year, and it is a wonderful feeling to be hopeful again. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas so much! I will make pecan pie for Thanksgiving, which is what I make every year. It might be waaay too sweet for some people, but my sweet tooth thinks it's A OK. Missy, I'm glad you got out cycling yesterday. It was perfect weather. My husband had been hoping to cycle too, but he had to work all day because something was due for work, so that was a shame.

Shopping for the holidays... I wanted to support local businesses as much as possible, so I did some holiday shopping last month, just in case the shops are going to eventually close. I love shopping at local businesses and feel good about spending my money there. Unfortunately I cannot get everything from the list locally, but I do what I can.

When my husband and I were first living in NYC many years ago, we had a tradition of going to Macy's on a Saturday in December to see all the lights and experience the excitement of all the holiday shoppers. We used to sit and drink coffee at Barnie's, which looked out over the store and shoppers. Did you ever do that Missy? I miss NYC so much. I miss seeing the Nutcracker Ballet, Rockefeller Center, the windows, etc. I used to work in Rockefeller Center and after work we would go to Morrell's Wine Bar and sit there drinking wine and looking at the tree. I loved it. Some of the best, most magical memories for me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ladies, it's been a while, but you all are on my mind. All is well with me. Lately I have been feeling very hopeful about next year, and it is a wonderful feeling to be hopeful again. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas so much! I will make pecan pie for Thanksgiving, which is what I make every year. It might be waaay too sweet for some people, but my sweet tooth thinks it's A OK. Missy, I'm glad you got out cycling yesterday. It was perfect weather. My husband had been hoping to cycle too, but he had to work all day because something was due for work, so that was a shame.

Shopping for the holidays... I wanted to support local businesses as much as possible, so I did some holiday shopping last month, just in case the shops are going to eventually close. I love shopping at local businesses and feel good about spending my money there. Unfortunately I cannot get everything from the list locally, but I do what I can.

When my husband and I were first living in NYC many years ago, we had a tradition of going to Macy's on a Saturday in December to see all the lights and experience the excitement of all the holiday shoppers. We used to sit and drink coffee at Barnie's, which looked out over the store and shoppers. Did you ever do that Missy? I miss NYC so much. I miss seeing the Nutcracker Ballet, Rockefeller Center, the windows, etc. I used to work in Rockefeller Center and after work we would go to Morrell's Wine Bar and sit there drinking wine and looking at the tree. I loved it. Some of the best, most magical memories for me.

Hello @OdetteOdile ! I’m glad you’re feeling holiday cheer ❤

We did that every year. Go to the tree. Check out the windows, skating occasionally, Nutcracker ballet when we were available and a play or two. We enjoyed Bryant park and all the Christmas vendors. I miss it all. I hope next season we can all celebrate the way we used to love doing. Fingers crossed. I agree. It’s magical.

(((Hugs))). Have a wonderful and safe holiday season.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hello @OdetteOdile ! I’m glad you’re feeling holiday cheer ❤

We did that every year. Go to the tree. Check out the windows, skating occasionally, Nutcracker ballet when we were available and a play or two. We enjoyed Bryant park and all the Christmas vendors. I miss it all. I hope next season we can all celebrate the way we used to love doing. Fingers crossed. I agree. It’s magical.

(((Hugs))). Have a wonderful and safe holiday season.

Oh @OdetteOdile wow that sounds soo dreamy! You and @missy have wonderful NYC Christmas memories. And there is just nothing better than Christmas in NY! My hubby and I got married last December and after a honeymoon in Florida, we were able to swing into NYC for the day and we got to see the Rockette's and feel the Christmas magic, even though it was after Christmas. We have gone to see the tree in years past. I just love your story of drinking coffee at Barnie's and wine after work looking at the tree. I always had a dream as a child, that I would be living and working in NYC, wearing my tennis shoes on the subway, carrying my briefcase and then change into pumps at the office. I love Byrant Park too! Thank you both for sharing your magical stories and letting me share a bit too :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

These stories are cheering me up! :)

I must have ice cubes in my head because we went cycling in -2C weather. LOL. Managed to miss the icy bits on the roads--and it was fun to get out. I think I just wanted to tell people I cycled in the third week of November!!:P2 I did have my long parka on tho.......... Had a nice cup of earl grey tea and chocolate cake when we got home. That is a big thing for me as rarely eat cake. But it hit the spot!!

I am looking at Tiffany to get something for my Birthday. Think they'll have any Black Friday sales???
:lol-2::lol:

cheers--Sharon

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Let's hope that next year we will be back to our favorite holiday adventures in the city!

@bling_dream19 Your honeymoon sounds lovely! You are the only person I know of who has a honeymoon ring, and I have always loved that idea and been intrigued by it! It is such a beautiful ring, by the way. I have enjoyed watching your collection grow!

@canuk-gal That chocolate cake with earl grey tea sounds so perfectly lovely after a cold bike ride! I cannot wait to see what stunning piece you get from Tiffany for your birthday! And If I remember correctly you have the gorgeous Tiffany Holiday china. I bet your table will be stunning!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Let's hope that next year we will be back to our favorite holiday adventures in the city!

@bling_dream19 Your honeymoon sounds lovely! You are the only person I know of who has a honeymoon ring, and I have always loved that idea and been intrigued by it! It is such a beautiful ring, by the way. I have enjoyed watching your collection grow!

@canuk-gal That chocolate cake with earl grey tea sounds so perfectly lovely after a cold bike ride! I cannot wait to see what stunning piece you get from Tiffany for your birthday! And If I remember correctly you have the gorgeous Tiffany Holiday china. I bet your table will be stunning!

Thank you! And great memory, friend! That Tiffany holiday pattern makes me happy!!!:kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Thank you @missy, we’re not having any issues with the electricity now, because the power to the hob has been switched off.

As you can imagine, we’ve had endless conversations about what we can do, looked in to every possible solution, and the only practical one, is getting to the wiring, which is under the travertine. We had thought about changing the hob to one that doesn’t need hard wiring but the problem with that is two fold. If we get one that the same size, it’s practically useless because you can only use one zone at a time, and secondly, if we get a smaller one, we need to replace the top of the island, which is fine, IF it’s still available. If it’s not, then that would mean replacing all the tops and we have the tall wall units framed in the same material, so basically the whole kitchen would need to be taken out and reinstalled. That’d probably be just as expensive as taking up the floor, oy! Colin remembered we still had some of the travertine tiles in the garage, we have 11 and a half, so if it’s possible to get at the cabling without damaging more than that, it’s probably the way we’ll have to go. There’s nothing wrong with the hob itself, and it was very expensive, so the thought of just dumping it, isn’t appealing either. I actually feel sick with worry. I know in the grand scheme of things, it’s not that important, it’s just the thought of all that upheaval and mess and what if that doesn’t solve the problem.

Thanks for letting me vent, it helps to get the worries out, it also helps to see your beautiful serene photographs and remember, that there’s still beauty out there in these mad times.

I hope all is well with the lovely NIRDI, just off to collect an induction ‘ring’ so I can cook :wavey:

@Austina..I’m sorry you’re going through this stress. One thing you could do is just replace the island countertop with a complimentary material. It’s current design to do that. This way you wouldn’t have to replace all the countertops..

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@canuk-gal I can't wait to see what you decide on from Tiffany's! I'm so glad that everyone's story is helping lift your mood. It's great you got to take some time off for yourself.

And @bling_dream19 what a fun childhood dream. Your honeymoon ring is so lovely. I can't believe this concept never occurred to me.

@OdetteOdile pecan pie is my favorite, even though I profess not to like pie. I make it with pecans all the way through, not just "floating" on top of the goo.

Hi @missy! I am so happy you got to go cycling again. Is it really Thanksgiving week already? I'll be thinking of you and Greg tomorrow, hoping the CT has some definitive information for you.

@Austina what a great idea to get rid of the furniture ahead of time and yes, people are very strange about stuff like that.

And everyone else, YES, I am distracting myself from finishing my paper by reading PS. Time to get back to work.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[QUOTE="springerspaniel, post: 4862706, member: 54060"

And everyone else, YES, I am distracting myself from finishing my paper by reading PS. Time to get back to work.
[/QUOTE]

No probs. It is perfectly acceptable to "distance" yourself from your paper/work everyday. :)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh @OdetteOdile wow that sounds soo dreamy! You and @missy have wonderful NYC Christmas memories. And there is just nothing better than Christmas in NY! My hubby and I got married last December and after a honeymoon in Florida, we were able to swing into NYC for the day and we got to see the Rockette's and feel the Christmas magic, even though it was after Christmas. We have gone to see the tree in years past. I just love your story of drinking coffee at Barnie's and wine after work looking at the tree. I always had a dream as a child, that I would be living and working in NYC, wearing my tennis shoes on the subway, carrying my briefcase and then change into pumps at the office. I love Byrant Park too! Thank you both for sharing your magical stories and letting me share a bit too :)

Editing to add...on that beautiful cold day on our extended honeymoon we swung into the diamond district hoping to catch up @Rockdiamond at DBL. We did not realize one needed an appointment and he wasn't there but he was beyond kind and called my new husband back letting us know he wasn't there and we had a lovely chat! Owning a DBL piece is on my bling list for sure! And then since we were in diamond district we wandered into a store and walked out with NYC pink cushion sapphire, with a good NY haggle lol! Hence, how the honeymoon ring was born! Then we went to the Rockettes!
And then, we sent the sapphire to David Klass and he had a setting someone else had decided against and he offered it to us and we fell in love with the setting. The sapphire was beautiful but it wasn't wowing us in the glorious setting. So as you know, we did a little upgrade to a JW pink spinel and now I'm completely in love my honeymoon ring!
Thank you for all of the beautiful kind comments! If I could only have one rhr, this would be it! 20201106_125724.jpg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@bling_dream19 Your rings are so beautiful! You know the Brian Gavin dream band is a favorite of mine. I love the story behind the honeymoon ring. What a beautiful setting that David Klass offered to you. And that spinel is such a happy and bright color! I'm envious of your lovely hands/long fingers!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
There is a Dream band on loupe troop with 7 pointers! Not sure if it's still available but with a look! Thank you sweet @OdetteOdile

Oh yes! I reached out about it, but sadly it was already sold. I took that as a sign that it was not meant for me right now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy (I hope) Monday!

Your weather looks amazing for this time of year @missy and I’m so glad you’re able to get out and enjoy it. I too love the smell of vanilla and have a candle burning ATM/. Yes, we are mightily relieved about the electrician, and I’ll email Graham tomorrow to see if there’s any update. I tried out the 1 zone table top induction hob this morning, and it’s good, cooked our customary Sunday morning mushroom omelette well.

I can’t remember if I mentioned that we (I :mrgreen:) decided it would be a good idea to get rid of the furniture we had in the guest bedroom and replace it with just bedside chests that we can take with us. They arrived yesterday without incident, and are now in situ. I put the other furniture on our local FB free page and within 15 mins, someone had contacted me about taking one of the pieces. I responded and said yes, and then nothing. Why do people do that? Later in the day, someone else contacted me and wanted both pieces and they‘ve just been and collected them.

@Austina, Whew, I am glad the furniture was collected by someone else and alls well that ends well. Smart that you listed it and glad it went quickly despite the other person being a no show. No clue why some people do that kind of thing. I am glad it is all working according to plan and before you know it you will be here with Adam and Kim. How is your friend Shirley doing? Sending you lots of good luck re the electrician figuring it out and fixing it all sooner rather than later. Glad the induction hob is working out well. Woohoo. And yummmm mushroom omelette. Sounds delicious. Hope your Monday is off to a good start. XOXO.

Hi @missy! I am so happy you got to go cycling again. Is it really Thanksgiving week already? I'll be thinking of you and Greg tomorrow, hoping the CT has some definitive information for you.

Thank you @springerspaniel today is the day of the CAT scan with dye. Greg had a CAT scan just a few weeks ago and I hate he has to have another. Radiation and all that. But it wasn't definitive so now he needs this one with dye. Oy. It is raining here so it matches my mood if you kwim. Hope you finished your paper and it is to your satisfaction. Have a good Monday. XO.

Yes I will second that. Cheers!

Oh yes! I reached out about it, but sadly it was already sold. I took that as a sign that it was not meant for me right now.

I would have taken that as a sign too. Don't feel bad. Your dream ring is out there. For sure. Hugs. Have a lovely Monday.

Editing to add...on that beautiful cold day on our extended honeymoon we swung into the diamond district hoping to catch up @Rockdiamond at DBL. We did not realize one needed an appointment and he wasn't there but he was beyond kind and called my new husband back letting us know he wasn't there and we had a lovely chat! Owning a DBL piece is on my bling list for sure! And then since we were in diamond district we wandered into a store and walked out with NYC pink cushion sapphire, with a good NY haggle lol! Hence, how the honeymoon ring was born! Then we went to the Rockettes!
And then, we sent the sapphire to David Klass and he had a setting someone else had decided against and he offered it to us and we fell in love with the setting. The sapphire was beautiful but it wasn't wowing us in the glorious setting. So as you know, we did a little upgrade to a JW pink spinel and now I'm completely in love my honeymoon ring!
Thank you for all of the beautiful kind comments! If I could only have one rhr, this would be it! 20201106_125724.jpg

Your hands are gorgeous and your collection TDF amazing. What wonderful holiday memories you have. I remember that time pretty well actually and you weren't sure when you should get married and I am so glad it worked out the way it did. It was and will always remain a magical time for the both of you. And next time you are in NYC hopefully we can be too and we can enjoy some NYC cheer together. Happier and safer times ahead. Hugs and love to you bling dream.

HI:

These stories are cheering me up! :)

I must have ice cubes in my head because we went cycling in -2C weather. LOL. Managed to miss the icy bits on the roads--and it was fun to get out. I think I just wanted to tell people I cycled in the third week of November!!:P2 I did have my long parka on tho.......... Had a nice cup of earl grey tea and chocolate cake when we got home. That is a big thing for me as rarely eat cake. But it hit the spot!!

I am looking at Tiffany to get something for my Birthday. Think they'll have any Black Friday sales???
:lol-2::lol:

cheers--Sharon

Ooh a project to enjoy! Dear Sharon can we help? I hope Tiffany will have Black Friday sales and I will keep my eyes peeled for them. What would interest you? Earrings? Rings? Necklace? Something else? Please let us help search for you. And happy birthday in advance! Wow to cycling in -2C. I have to look up how cold that is. We went cycling yesterday and while the temp read 52F with the high East winds (from our ocean) it felt more like in the low 40s or even high 30s F so we were a bit chilly. Thank goodness for our hand warmers. They save my day lol. Anyway no cycling for us today. Rain all day. But it is OK. Just hope Greg's test goes OK today. And hope your holiday cheer remains. Big hugs to you @canuk-gal and XOXO.

@MamaBee continued good thoughts and hugs.

@Bayek happy Monday girlie. Hope all is well with you and the family and the house building. Coming to home (haha home) stretch soon I hope. (((Hugs))).

@marcy hope you had a great weekend and will have a good Monday. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else.
We cycled further than I thought we would yesterday. It was crazy windy and a cold wind at that. But the actual temps weren't bad it was the wind chill that really was quite cold. But my heated hand warmers did the trick and I was good. Though my feet were cold despite heavy socks and boots. The hand/feet warmers don't work well in shoes as they get stiff and the heat stops working when that happens. But I digress. We enjoyed a nice ride and it was pretty empty. Amazing what a few clouds (not a sunny day yesterday) and some wind will do. Babies. Hahaha.

We saw 2 baby deer in the park yesterday. It was amazing. I will download video later today and share. I was mesmerized by them. They didn't seem to mind us watching. Swoon.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 6.53.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 6.53.15 AM.png

Then later in the day we ran into the aggressive squirrels in OG. OMG. They come right up to you and touch you. Not good because yanno what if they have rabies? They would not leave us alone lol so we had no choice but to give them nuts. They are super fat too. I am sorry but I am laughing right now despite the risk they pose. They weren't afraid of anyone or anything. For our safety we had to keep giving them nuts til we were done with our snack and could leave. :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 6.55.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 6.54.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 6.54.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 6.54.16 AM.png

Today Greg has his second CAT scan within a few weeks. This time with dye at the hospital which doesn't thrill me for various reasons. Covid is on the rise here dramatically yet the urologist insisted he have this done at the hospital this time. Sigh. And then the radiation again. And the dye is poison too. But he is going and we are hoping for the best.

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Monday. Be well and stay safe.
(((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 that is madness! Keeping good thoughts for you and everyone. Hoping the schools in higher risk areas all close soon. XOXO

A fb memory popped up. Makes me sad. Bittersweet. Memories from Thanksgiving 2017.
F008E2FD-9DD6-4A19-9CA8-ADAEF5AA091F.jpeg

From my family to yours. Many good thoughts and well wishes. May the holiday season bring only cheer.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

What a beautiful photograph of you and Greg @missy. I’m SURE next year will be one of worry free celebrations for us all. The Oxford vaccine is showing good results and our Govt has ordered 100,000,000 doses. They’ve discovered a half dose followed by the full dose, is also giving a 90% effectiveness. It’s cheap and doesn’t need to be stored at such cold temperatures as the Pfizer or Modena vaccine.

I have everything crossed that Greg’s scan has gone well and that he’s returned home safely, and stays fine. Those squirrels are pesky little critters and so bold! Fortunately we don’t have rabies here, but it’s wise to be cautious.

I haven’t spoken to Shirley for a couple of week as she’s been having problems with her IPad. It’s all fixed now, so I’ll catch up with her next Sunday.

We’ve started on the front bedroom today, ceiling is done, and I’ve done all the cutting in ready for the wall paint tomorrow, then Wednesday I’ll start on the woodwork.

What a great photo of your beautiful rings @bling_dream19, your nails and hands are showing them off to perfection.

How are you and the punsters doing @springerspaniel ?

How exciting to be bling shopping @canuk-gal, do you have anything particular in mind?

Thanks for the suggestion @MamaBee, we had thought about that, but as it’s a waterfall edge, and the rest of the units are framed in the same material, we want to avoid having something different if we can help it. Hope all is well with you, keeping you in my thoughts that the stresses are lessening.

What lovely memories of Christmas @OdetteOdile, I’m also feeling very hopeful today too. Such good news about the vaccines, which are going to restore us to some kind of normality in the not too distant future.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a day. Greg was at the hospital for 4 hours. The dye wasn't getting past the obstruction so they made him stay. And the surgeon just called. Big a** stone needs to come out. Waiting for surgical assistant to call with surgery date. Next week hopefully as this week with the holidays messes it up.

Oy to the vey. Next week we have 3 different medical appointments so hoping we can get the surgery scheduled in there somehow. Each of these medical appointments we have waited literally months for so it's not just a matter of rescheduling.

We need lots of good luck dust girls. Thanks. XOXO.

@Austina that is hopeful news indeed. It would be so lovely for a successful vaccine to happen soon and to end this pandemic.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a day. Greg was at the hospital for 4 hours. The dye wasn't getting past the obstruction so they made him stay. And the surgeon just called. Big a** stone needs to come out. Waiting for surgical assistant to call with surgery date. Next week hopefully as this week with the holidays messes it up.

Oy to the vey. Next week we have 3 different medical appointments so hoping we can get the surgery scheduled in there somehow. Each of these medical appointments we have waited literally months for so it's not just a matter of rescheduling.

@Austina that is hopeful news indeed. It would be so lovely for a successful vaccine to happen soon and to end this pandemic.

@missy HEALING VIBES ACROSS THE MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I wish those stones would GET LOST on their own!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

(((HUGS))) oh Missy, you two make such a sweet couple. I'm sorry Greg is sick. Hoping for a quick resolution.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
I’m sorry to hear that Greg needs surgery for the kidney stone, @missy. That stinks. :oops: Sending good luck dust that you can get all your medical appointments and the surgery completed next week. Better yet, that there’s a Thanksgiving miracle and the stone works its way out on its own. That happened once to my DH before a scheduled lithotripsy procedure. Big (((HUG))).

P.S. You two are so cute! Greg reminds me of a certain actor...I can’t remember his name though. Maybe it’ll come to me. My memory isn’t great.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Big hugs...I hope they schedule him fast. This has been the year from hell. XOXO

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results