carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I apologise in advance if I miss anything. Yesterday was a busy day, Colin woke up feeling lousy, so in between dosing him up, doing the shopping, having a golf lesson, cooking, I ran out of time to post!

@Niffler75 it sounds like you’ve got a great plan and support for getting your little guy in to school, so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. :kiss2: Your new ring, the colour combo is fab, and the bezel setting looks sleek and modern. I’m not a fan of dachshunds, my lovely Dottie was terrorised by one for the first 2 1/2 years of her life, and then it savaged her, and her stupid former owners dumped her, and told the vet to put her to sleep. She was the best girl ever, and we miss her so much.

@Jimmianne - swit swoo, you look fab with your new do, and your new Sepkus ring looks great. I always think I can see creatures in the engraving. :D

That must’ve been quite the thing to see yesterday @marcy, it’s amazing to think of all that space and planets out there and we know so little about them.

Woohoo @Mamabean, your new band is lovely, any idea when Ashlee is due?

I hope it all goes well for your DS @canuk-gal, the only thing I would say, is don’t let them do the permanent filling until it’s all completely settled. Good luck to DH, Colin recently had a double hernia repair, and he was fine, a bit sore, but recovered quickly.

Aww phooey @missy, I’m sorry you‘ve got something else to deal with now. I hope you can find the perfect treatment to slow down/stop your bone density lessening, I’m very encouraged to hear that Jimmianne is having such great results with her treatment. Your Mum always looks so effortlessly elegant, how’s she doing now? That’s great that Greg is back driving and you managed to trip to the beach house and back, and topped up the Kitty Cafe.

Hi @Tekate, hope it all went went today and you’ve had a productive meeting with the architect so you can get moving with the house.

I’m a walking disaster at the moment, my arm feels better but my shoulders were aching yesterday after the pummelling, then I ricked my back at golf, oy, anyone would think I’m getting old :???: :lol:

Big hugs to all the lovely NIRDI, I’ll catch up with you tomorrow.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful! So happy you’re doing well sweet girl ❤

True. Hugs back. ❤
Any suggestions re the meds? Are you familiar with Reclast?
Love your beautiful new ring. ❤

Missy I fully understand why Prolia is not a good choice for you if it is bad for your immune system.
I have a side effect, but it is just annoying...an exzema flair for a few weeks.
As a former scientist in the oncology field, I was loathe to use Prolia. The first few times, I would only let him give me half a dose, and now I only get an injection every 10+ months due to my negligence, and it still works.
I don’t know what the future will hold, but my doc assured me that the slight possibility of issues is outweighed by avoiding a broken back. I had a friend whose back broke while she was standing at the sink washing dishes.
My only regret with osteoporosis is that I’m afraid to ride my tall & silly horse.

My doc also said that I developed osteoporosis at such a young age because I probably never had great bone density to begin with. Maybe that is the case for you??
All very interesting, and I hope and know soon you will be on the mend XX

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
You did a great job finding a setting to fit your spinel..and a Maytal Hannah! Your cocktail ring is very glam...Did you say you had more rings coming?

Thank you @Mamabean I feel very lucky to have found the setting preloved and it fit the spinel perfectly. The cocktail ring is my glam pin up girl! I wear a lot of pin up style dresses in the summer so I can't wait to wear it then. I have one more ring coming, the pink sapphire that we got in the diamond district. DK has a beautiful setting that fits the sapphire perfectly so he's working on that now. Then I'm done for a long time, hopefully!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina I'm not sure what you mean? Permanent filling?

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Mamabean I feel very lucky to have found the setting preloved and it fit the spinel perfectly. The cocktail ring is my glam pin up girl! I wear a lot of pin up style dresses in the summer so I can't wait to wear it then. I have one more ring coming, the pink sapphire that we got in the diamond district. DK has a beautiful setting that fits the sapphire perfectly so he's working on that now. Then I'm done for a long time, hopefully!!!

Oooh @bling_dream19 I can’t wait to see your pink sapphire ring...How did you find out about David’s setting? I know he is going to have a new website. Did he start one yet?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @canuk-gal - here , when you go for a RCT, they clean out the tooth and dress it, then put a temp filling in until it all settles down. If your DS has already had this done, and everything is fine, and he’s going back for the final filling, that’s all good. But, when Kim had this done in the US, they wanted to clean out the tooth, and then fill the roots and put the permanent filling in, all in one appt. It’s not something we do here because if they’ve left even tiniest bit of nerve, it can all flare up again, which means removing the permanent filling and starting over again to redress the tooth. I hope I’ve explained that properly.

Hi @bling_dream19 - sorry I forgot to say your new bling is lovely.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina I'm not sure what you mean? Permanent filling?

cheers--Sharon

I misread your post--I thought you were talking about the hernia surgery! LOL

It is a two stage process here as well--crown comes later.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oooh @bling_dream19 I can’t wait to see your pink sapphire ring...How did you find out about David’s setting? I know he is going to have a new website. Did he start one yet?

He designed a beautiful custom setting and sent a wax model that I got yesterday. But he also emailed a pic and video of a wg setting he made for someone and they changed their mind and he offered a great price and we jumped for it! Totally custom felt overboard for this sapphire as we only spent 100. It was more the memory of our extended honeymoon into nyc. I hope I love it set. It's not the best sapphire by any means but I hope it holds its own in David's beautiful setting. First time working with him thanks to you and @mrs-b .

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi @canuk-gal - here , when you go for a RCT, they clean out the tooth and dress it, then put a temp filling in until it all settles down. If your DS has already had this done, and everything is fine, and he’s going back for the final filling, that’s all good. But, when Kim had this done in the US, they wanted to clean out the tooth, and then fill the roots and put the permanent filling in, all in one appt. It’s not something we do here because if they’ve left even tiniest bit of nerve, it can all flare up again, which means removing the permanent filling and starting over again to redress the tooth. I hope I’ve explained that properly.

Hi @bling_dream19 - sorry I forgot to say your new bling is lovely.

Thank you @Austina never any worries. I hope your dh us feeling better and your shoulder all better.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY lovely ladies.

So glad metro works for you @Tekate !!! Great Kate the very wise and wonderful and warm and generous! Sorry the weather has been wet and chilly. Crazy weather all over. Yummmm to your souffle, Lucky lucky John! And yes gimme chocolate over cheese too though I love the combo....hmmm a chocolate and cheese souffle? Is that crazy? Darn health plans are great until we need something from them :(

Good luck today with the architect meeting!!!! HUGS!!!

@Slick1 how did it go yesterday? Thinking of you and sending bucketloads of healing dust your way. And lots of love. XOXOXO. And TGIF!

THUD!!! Gorgeousness to the max! LOVE all of these so much! You did great @bling_dream19 I heart your new bling! So thrilled for you. :love: :appl: (((HUGS))) and happy FriYAY!

@Niffler75 wow! Love your new ring. What a beautiful ring and cannot wait for you to be wearing it. Congratulations! :love:

@Mamabean LOVE your band. So much great NIRDI bling woohoo!
:love:

Wow thanks for sharing this with us Marcy! LOVE it.

Greg felt up to driving and he drove both ways...I was OK with it but definitely want to keep driving to keep my skills up. It was nice being a passenger though and I did get bling shots as we drove so that's a plus haha. We do love Lucy. Thanks for always liking my photos. You're a peach Marcy and I always enjoy
yours too.
Yay for 2 new clients for Marty and nice you got taxes done already. Sweet. XOXO

@Jimmianne SWOON! LOVE your new Sepkus band and your entire collection is TDF delicious. Enjoy sweet Jimmianne. XOXO

@Niffler75 wow! Love your new ring. What a beautiful ring and cannot wait for you to be wearing it. Congratulations! :love:

Just admiring this ring again. Lovely! :love:

On that note off to get more coffee. I will return.

Thank you so much @missy your thurs and fantastic compliments sure make a girl feel great! I've been reading here and there and my heart has been hurting since the osteoporosis diagnosis. But you have the best of the best doctors and you are super smart and I know you will be ok. Hugs to you.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 hope you are enjoying a lovely pre weekend and have a great time with your girlfriends at the beach...looks like the weather might cooperate fingers crossed!

We had a good day yesterday. Greg drove for the first time in 6 plus weeks and he was able to do back and forth to the beach and a Costco run so that was sweet. We filled, rather Greg filled the feral feeders and just in time as they had a day of food left probably. We checked the house and all was OK. I took some bling shots and videos haha and off to the Jersey shore Costco we went. Then back home. Today off to the rheumatologist so I am nervous about that. Almost canceled because well you know. But will see how it goes. And looking forward to the weekend. Swan Lake tomorrow. That's all from me lovely ladies. Have a wonderful FriYAY!

Leaving you with 2 crazy photos of Bubbalah...
Love how she looks so different just when the light shifts a bit. I am mesmerized by how old cuts look so different in different light. And wearing my pink diamond band with her yesterday. I love mixing it up now. I get it. Stacking and all that though one band is stack enough for me. Hope there's a lot of YAY in your FriYAY today lovelies. (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 6.18.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 6.20.49 AM.png
THUD!!!!! Missy I'm cmpletely mesmerized by your beautiful ring!!! The whiteness with pastel colors is utterly breathtaking. So happy Greg is driving and you got to go the beach house and Costco!!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Aaaargh you're trapped! Has it arrived yet?

My ring arrived and I am super chuffed. I have tried to get some pics but can't quite capture the actual colours in real life. I am really happy with the bezel settings and it is super comfy to wear! :mrgreen2:

20200221_143952.jpg
20200221_142448.jpg

Your ring is gorgeous @Niffler75 I love the bezel and the colors look beautiful on your skin tone!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
My Noemie band is here...I love it..It’s a little slimmer than my Tiffany channel band..and less metal showing...
A1030725-C942-4715-A8F0-DDE096C69A42.jpeg 1A85B420-DBD5-4143-9933-2757BBC85285.jpeg 194AA37F-CD9F-49F7-99C0-0BE72297AC39.jpeg AFFF672E-AEAD-46C2-8BDE-FB88331799D4.jpeg 3F8E73C9-A6FC-4278-AB12-57144670FD22.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful @Mamabean I've not heard of Noemie and will have to look it up. Will it go with Summer or will this be a fab band in rotation? I love the no metal look!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful @Mamabean I've not heard of Noemie and will have to look it up. Will it go with Summer or will this be a fab band in rotation? I love the no metal look!

Thank you @bling_dream19 I bought it to go with Ashlee because I wanted a slimmer band that wouldn’t compete...It will be the biggest ring I have...13x14mm..I didn’t want the band to compete with it. When I put Summer on I was surprised it went well with her too...I realized only thin bands look good with Summer’s setting. I’ve been struggling trying to find a band to go with her. All my other wider bands are just too wide....So to answer your question...I bought it for Ashlee but I will also wear it with Summer! It’s so pretty in person!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 I bought it to go with Ashlee because I wanted a slimmer band that wouldn’t compete...It will be the biggest ring I have...13x14mm..I didn’t want the band to compete with it. When I put Summer on I was surprise it went well with her too...I realized only thin bands look good with Summer’s setting. I’ve been struggling trying to find a band to go with her. All my other wider bands are just too wide....So to answer your question...I bought it for Ashlee but I will also wear it with Summer! It’s so pretty in person!

I think I've missed Ashlee lol! I will have to look for your post. Beautiful band and I'm so glad it works with both rings!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I've missed Ashlee lol! I will have to look for your post. Beautiful band and I'm so glad it works with both rings!

@bling_dream19 Ashlee is being set with David now..so you didn’t miss anything. I did post a thread on her so you can see her..but not in a setting yet..It should be ready soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies.

Missy I fully understand why Prolia is not a good choice for you if it is bad for your immune system.
I have a side effect, but it is just annoying...an exzema flair for a few weeks.
As a former scientist in the oncology field, I was loathe to use Prolia. The first few times, I would only let him give me half a dose, and now I only get an injection every 10+ months due to my negligence, and it still works.
I don’t know what the future will hold, but my doc assured me that the slight possibility of issues is outweighed by avoiding a broken back. I had a friend whose back broke while she was standing at the sink washing dishes.
My only regret with osteoporosis is that I’m afraid to ride my tall & silly horse.

My doc also said that I developed osteoporosis at such a young age because I probably never had great bone density to begin with. Maybe that is the case for you??
All very interesting, and I hope and know soon you will be on the mend XX

Aw @Jimmianne I am sorry you are concerned to ride your sweet silly tall horse :(
Maybe the Prolia will make it safe again soon? I have reading to do but I cannot find where it says what my rheumatologist told me about once we go off these drugs the bone loss is rapid. He told me they don't advertise that fact but I need to see it in a scientific journal or something so I can decide which drug is best for me.

Can you tell me a little bit about your eczema flare after the Prolia? Is it all over or it is just where the injection site is? With all my skin issues (we are similar) I am sure that will be one of the side effects too. I think the side effects are similar with many of the meds. It's just choose your poison so to speak. But as with everything it is always the lesser of the evils we must choose.

I agree with you completely that the potential of a broken back takes precedence over many of these side effects. But oh what a choice right?

It does run on my dad's side of the family so yes there is a genetic predisposition. But weirdly enough in 2004 I had a bone scan with the same rheumatologist (I say weird because I don't remember that at all) and it shows a wonderful bone density etc. No osteoporosis and no osteopenia. He said it's a huge difference but it was also 16 years ago. I have no recollection of that at all but the test results were there on his computer screen from 2004. Crazy. Anyway even if I have a genetic predisposition I didn't have any signs of it in 2004. I don't want to blame myself but if I go there I have to say my weight loss did not help me at all. Back in 2004 I was a much healthier weight and kept a healthy weight up to 2017/8 when I first got this diagnosis of hypothyroidism and went on AIP and inadvertently lost over 15 lbs. But what is done is done and I have not yet put all my weight back on and not sure that would do anything anyway once the damage is done. I would like to get to a healthier weight but hope it would be distributed evenly if you kwim.

Thank you for sharing all your hard earned experience with me re your meds. I definitely cannot do the oral meds and now am deciding between Prolia (is what my rheumatologist told me true or not re bone loss once we stop the drug) and Reclast (which seems to be the older class of drugs but in a newer delivery system ie IV infusion).

And I hope you get to ride your sweet horse @Jimmianne !!! Maybe no jumping with the horse but you can still enjoy riding him? Maybe that is a compromise you can live with and enjoy?

Sending you big hugs and much love and have a happy Caturday Saturday. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 5.42.10 AM.png

Driving yesterday back from the rheumatologist I spotted this tree out the window and well it moved me. What a beauty. I have always appreciated the starkness that is winter and how the trees change. Beautiful in all seasons.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @missy your thurs and fantastic compliments sure make a girl feel great! I've been reading here and there and my heart has been hurting since the osteoporosis diagnosis. But you have the best of the best doctors and you are super smart and I know you will be ok. Hugs to you.

THUD!!!!! Missy I'm cmpletely mesmerized by your beautiful ring!!! The whiteness with pastel colors is utterly breathtaking. So happy Greg is driving and you got to go the beach house and Costco!!

Your mom is beautiful Missy just like you.

Aww you are so sweet @bling_dream19 and thank you! And thank you for your kind support and positive energy. Whatever will be will be and I will do the best I can. We all have challenges in life and yes some of us (many of us) multiple challenges. We muddle through and figure it out and while we cannot control all (or even much) of it we do what we can to the best of our abilities.

Thank you for your lovely compliments and enthusiasm. Bubbalah is really beautiful I agree and my mom too despite her getting older and weaker as is my dad they are beautiful on the inside where it counts. Truly two of the most beautiful people I know. As much as we argue and disagree I know she wants what is best for me and loves me as I do her. Our mother daughter relationship can be challenging but I never have any doubt how much she loves me as I do her. I am grateful my parents are still here and pray that continues for a long time. With all the loss we experienced in 2019 and 2020 I cannot bear the thought of more loss. Life is cruel and hard but I am rejoicing in what time we have left together. I know it can all change in a moment.

Sorry for the sort of dark post but know that I am not feeling dark inside. I am grateful for all the good in my life and thankful for my family and my true friends and thankful for you lovely ladies too. Hugs to you sweet @bling_dream19.

And I love all your gorgeous new pieces. Your taste is impeccable. Just gorgeous. Enjoy in good health and true love and blingy happiness. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww phooey @missy, I’m sorry you‘ve got something else to deal with now. I hope you can find the perfect treatment to slow down/stop your bone density lessening, I’m very encouraged to hear that Jimmianne is having such great results with her treatment. Your Mum always looks so effortlessly elegant, how’s she doing now? That’s great that Greg is back driving and you managed to trip to the beach house and back, and topped up the Kitty Cafe.

I’m a walking disaster at the moment, my arm feels better but my shoulders were aching yesterday after the pummelling, then I ricked my back at golf, oy, anyone would think I’m getting old :???: :lol:

Big hugs to all the lovely NIRDI, I’ll catch up with you tomorrow.

Oh no, I hope today you are feeling much much better @Austina and you are on your way to complete recovery. Than you for your kind words. Yes looking ahead and hoping for the best. They all have side effects that can be unpleasant but as I wrote above I will choose the lesser of the evils and hope it slows down my bone loss. Still no clue as to the elevated Alk Phosphatase as the rheumatologist said it isn't related. But he ran some blood tests and we shall see if he finds anything.

Thanks for your lovely comments about my mom. She is aging gracefully and has never done a thing to her hair and doesn't even wear makeup. I hope I can age as well as she is. Sadly I take after her in personality but I take after my dad's side in appearance. LOL.

Hope you have a great day and you are not getting old. You are just getting wiser and more confident and more beautiful as the years go by. Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate Kate the very great and wonderful and wise!!! Girlie, good luck today with the architect!

@Scandinavian (((Hugs))) and continued healing dust. You and your mom are in my thoughts.

@Slick1 hugs to you dear friend and hope the rest of your week went smoothly and that you are recuperating and feeling OK. Have a good weekend and enjoy!

@Mamabean oh I love all your new pieces so much. Gorgeous. And I cannot wait to see Ashlee! I am very excited to see her and I can only imagine how excited you must be!

@AV_ what plans do you have this weekend? How did the rest of your week go? Sending you lots of hugs and well wishes.

@junebug17 as I write this I hope you are at the beach enjoying time with your friends and lovely mild weather with lots of sunshine. Have a wonderful time.

@Daisys and Diamonds hola girlfriend. How are you Nicky? How is Gary doing? And Melanie? Hope all is well.

@Niffler75 any more thoughts re your ring? It is lovely and the color is gorgeous. I hope it is exactly as you envisioned it to be and more. How is school coming along for your sweet son? Hope you are having a happy Caturday Saturday.

Yesterday as you all know we went to the rheumatologist and then went for a lovely but shorter walk as it was very cold out. Today we are headed to see Swan Lake so looking forward to that. Have a happy Caturday Saturday lovelies and be well. Hugs.

oliveronarearug.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal I am watching the weather report on ABC and I just heard the meteorologist in NYC say this will go down on record as our least snowy winter...most snow generally in February in NYC and so far none is predicted and right at this moment it looks like this will be NYC's least snowy winter ever. Wow. You called it!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I couldn't say where this week went, next week will likely go to the same place, so I might remember to ask for their whereabouts. There is work & spring, all good.

will catch up

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I was reading the thread on Osteoporosis. I’m so sorry you have to deal with this now. I’ve been putting off going back for the Dexa scan.. @Jimmianne mentioned a friend of hers broke her back when she was washing dishes? That scared the newbie jeebies out of me. I’m going to see when my last one was and message my doctor. I have a feeling I may be in the Osteoporosis category..but hope not. One thing that struck me is I have a borderline... and sometimes under...platelet count. I read Vitamin K helps with clotting so I did a bit of reading on it. It looks like it may be beneficial for me to take it. I take 3,000mg if Vitamin D3 daily. I was deficient in D many years ago...My level is now 42...Thats pretty good although I would love for it to be closer to 50. I won’t take any more Vitamin D though because the upper limit for daily use is 4,000. How much Vitamin K do you suggest I take?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal I am watching the weather report on ABC and I just heard the meteorologist in NYC say this will go down on record as our least snowy winter...most snow generally in February in NYC and so far none is predicted and right at this moment it looks like this will be NYC's least snowy winter ever. Wow. You called it!

Our wettest months are yet to come......waaaa. But my sister was telling me Vancouver had record precipitation in Jan. Miserable wet month--they also had their fair share of snow, highly unusal! Crazy mother nature.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Aww you are so sweet @bling_dream19 and thank you! And thank you for your kind support and positive energy. Whatever will be will be and I will do the best I can. We all have challenges in life and yes some of us (many of us) multiple challenges. We muddle through and figure it out and while we cannot control all (or even much) of it we do what we can to the best of our abilities.

Thank you for your lovely compliments and enthusiasm. Bubbalah is really beautiful I agree and my mom too despite her getting older and weaker as is my dad they are beautiful on the inside where it counts. Truly two of the most beautiful people I know. As much as we argue and disagree I know she wants what is best for me and loves me as I do her. Our mother daughter relationship can be challenging but I never have any doubt how much she loves me as I do her. I am grateful my parents are still here and pray that continues for a long time. With all the loss we experienced in 2019 and 2020 I cannot bear the thought of more loss. Life is cruel and hard but I am rejoicing in what time we have left together. I know it can all change in a moment.

Sorry for the sort of dark post but know that I am not feeling dark inside. I am grateful for all the good in my life and thankful for my family and my true friends and thankful for you lovely ladies too. Hugs to you sweet @bling_dream19.

And I love all your gorgeous new pieces. Your taste is impeccable. Just gorgeous. Enjoy in good health and true love and blingy happiness. (((HUGS))).

You have an excellent outlook Missy. And you are right, we do our best with what we can and cannot control. I am huge believer in how the body can heal. You are going to be fine. You will find the right combinations to get those bones stronger! I hear you on the mother daughter relationship and knowing the love is real both ways. I hope your parents live a long time more. I feel the same about mine. I stress about how often to visit and where to live bc I want to enjoy time with them now and have no regrets when they pass. Slightly dark but real.
And thank you for your jewelry compliments, that means SO much coming from you as I just love every piece you've shared and I'm sure we haven't seen it all.
Happy Caturday and hugs to you friend.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Swan Lake was amazing. Oh I love the ballet. Makes my heart sing. A lovely performance. Didn't love the costumes as much as in the past but it was still a gorgeous production. And so nice because we took a cab both ways due to the subway stairs. It was sweet going by car. Greg always wants to but the frugal in me always opts for subway. We had less of a choice yesterday because I always put Greg first and due to his knee cab was the best way to travel. Darn NYC subways are not elevator equipped for the most part. But don't get me started on that lol.

You have an excellent outlook Missy. And you are right, we do our best with what we can and cannot control. I am huge believer in how the body can heal. You are going to be fine. You will find the right combinations to get those bones stronger! I hear you on the mother daughter relationship and knowing the love is real both ways. I hope your parents live a long time more. I feel the same about mine. I stress about how often to visit and where to live bc I want to enjoy time with them now and have no regrets when they pass. Slightly dark but real.
And thank you for your jewelry compliments, that means SO much coming from you as I just love every piece you've shared and I'm sure we haven't seen it all.
Happy Caturday and hugs to you friend.

Thank you @bling_dream19, I so appreciate your kind words. Your presence here always makes this a bright and happy place to be. A safe and warm place. Thank you. Hope you had a great Caturday Saturday and are looking forward to a wonderful big and small dog Sunday. XOXO.

Our wettest months are yet to come......waaaa. But my sister was telling me Vancouver had record precipitation in Jan. Miserable wet month--they also had their fair share of snow, highly unusal! Crazy mother nature.

Oy and I hope that the wettest months are not as wet as anticipated. Wishing you lots of fair weather to come. Sorry about Vancouver and the record precipitation. Mother Nature is crazy. Speaking of crazy, I hope you are having a crazy good weekend! (((Hugs))) Sharon.

@missy I was reading the thread on Osteoporosis. I’m so sorry you have to deal with this now. I’ve been putting off going back for the Dexa scan.. @Jimmianne mentioned a friend of hers broke her back when she was washing dishes? That scared the newbie jeebies out of me. I’m going to see when my last one was and message my doctor. I have a feeling I may be in the Osteoporosis category..but hope not. One thing that struck me is I have a borderline... and sometimes under...platelet count. I read Vitamin K helps with clotting so I did a bit of reading on it. It looks like it may be beneficial for me to take it. I take 3,000mg if Vitamin D3 daily. I was deficient in D many years ago...My level is now 42...Thats pretty good although I would love for it to be closer to 50. I won’t take any more Vitamin D though because the upper limit for daily use is 4,000. How much Vitamin K do you suggest I take?

Thanks for caring and I hope my experience is the impetus you need to get a bone scan. Though as of now I am not impressed with the treatments. More reading needs to be done by me. I hope you do not have osteoporosis. Yes you should be taking D3. "For every 5,000–10,000 units of D3 being recommended and tested for, we are recommending 100 mcg of K2 mk7 to be sure and prevent the inappropriate calcification that higher doses of D3 alone could cause."

Hope you are having a wonderful and blingy weekend Joanne. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 hope you are having a terrific time with your kids and enjoying a pain free fun weekend. Big hugs.

@Scandinavian keeping good thoughts for you and your family and sending continued healing dust your way.

@Austina hope you are feeling less pain re shoulder and neck and hope that Colin is feeling much better than he was feeling. And I hope you are having a lovely weekend.

@Jimmianne your success with your osteoporosis treatment gives me the energy to stay hopeful and I am so happy you are doing well. Sending you lots of hugs and good energy and I hope you are having a nice weekend. XOXO.

@AV_ haha I hear you and same. Where is the time going? Wherever it is going and however you are spending it I hope your time is enjoyable and that the rest of your weekend proves to be a good one. Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds thank you for the warm invite and maybe one day...you never know. Hope you are enjoying a fun weekend and that everyone is well by you. XO.

@sarahb I hope you are continuing to feel well and enjoying the last weeks of winter. I am looking forward to Spring but have to say this winter weather is pretty sweet and I have no complaints. Speaking of complaints I hope all your kidney stones are gone and that zero complaints are in your life right this minute. Sending you big hugs.

@Tekate Kate the very great and wise I hope you and John are having a fantastic weekend and that the family is all well and good. Big (((hugs))) and please let us know how the architect meeting went. I am hoping for good news. XOXO.

@marcy hope your weekend is going smoothly and that your Astronomy program went well. And that there is no more snow. I cannot keep up with your weather but hoping it has calmed down. Glad Marty keeps adding new clients woohoo. Long may that continue. How did taxes go? Are you all finished? We still don't have all the necessary tax forms to even make an appointment with our accountant. All our investments give them to us late. But we still have time left. Anyway hope you are enjoying a nice weekend. Sending you warm hugs.

@junebug17 have a wonderful Sunday with your girlfriends and hope the weather is sweet.

Today we are meeting Cookie. Not sure how I am feeling about adding another cat. I really need to find an exceptional cat to play with Oliver or it doesn't make sense. And the RW risk scares the bejesus out of me. Seriously terrified of RW. But today meeting Cookie and we shall see how it goes.

Leaving you with a photo from yesterday. It was a gorgeous weather day.

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 5.38.39 AM.png

I have already done 3 loads of laundry this AM. Woke at 3AM and that was it for me.
It is supposed to be another gorgeous weather day here. Rain is predicted much of this week so we are going to make the most of the day. Have a wonderful Sunday lovelies. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I cannot believe I forgot to share this with you. I took it just for you girls at great risk to me as we are not supposed to take photos. But since it was over and it was the end I risked it. See? I took you with me in spirit.

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 7.10.05 AM.png

swanlakefeb2020.png

Not bad photos right?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad to hear you enjoyed the ballet @missy, great photos. I do wonder sometimes if people change things for the sake of change, because they feel they ‘have’ to do something different, when I’m sure most people are more than happy with costumes they expect to see. It must’ve been great to get out and do something fun for a change with everything you’ve had going on. I think you will know if Cookie is right for you, but if she isn’t, please don’t feel guilty she’s such a little beauty that she’ll get snapped up by someone else. It’s at times like these that the internet is such a wonderful thing, allowing you to research your treatment options, rather than just accepting what a Dr tells you. I know you will find what’s best for you and make it work.

I hope DS’s RCT went well @canuk-gal and good luck to DH tomorrow for his surgery. Just a heads up, Colin had to stay in for the night only because he couldn’t pee, but they said that’s quite a common side effect of the anaesthetic, so if it happens with your DH, don’t worry.

Thanks @bling_dream19 we’re both feeling better. Have you had a chance to wear your new rings out yet?

Good news that Marty’s business is doing well @marcy, is his intention to run it full time if he gets enough clients? Hope your having better weather there.

Any news on Ashlee @Mamabean, I check IG daily to see if there are any pictures?

How did it go with the architect @Tekate? I save floor plans when we see a good design, although I doubt we’ll be buying from scratch when the time comes, but I keep them in case any of the houses come up for sale in the future. The agents details rarely give dimensions, so I can always check the floor plan details.

Colin was feeling a lot better yesterday, so after lunch, we went to.a big golf shop, the one where we originally bought our clubs over 30 years ago, and where i learned to play. We looked around the shop, as we both need new clubs. The Pro picked out 4 irons for me to try, so he taped them up and I went out to the range to try them out. We didn’t buy yesterday because I was sure I could probably buy cheaper online. Fortunately for me, the one I like best happened to be the cheapest. :lol: They were last year’s model, and I found the 2020 set for less, so I’ll probably order those. Colin is left handed, so a bit more difficult to find clubs for him, but we looked at some clubs there, and again, I found newer models on line for less.

Nothing planned for today, it’s been quite windy here again, so we’re just staying in, and I expect to be talking to Shirley later if she shows up.

Thinking of all the lovely NIRDIs and hope you’re having a good weekend :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results