shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Hope your drive was good and hope all is well your way and I am waiting for more updates on the new ring! xoxox

Thank you @Tekate David is going to mail me a model of Ashlee’s setting. @Slick1 brought up a good point about making a space underneath so I can wear a band flush next to it. I actually like a gap sometimes..It keeps the rings separate so you can see them individually. Other times I like it to be flush. The model will let me see how I will like it. I can even try it on with a band..The dimensions are a smidge over 13x14mm so it‘s a little bigger than I’m usually comfortable with..so we’ll see..
The ACA should be ready the first week in February...I can’t wait to put it next to Libby.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, @marcy how's the weather and your knee? @Calliecake Hey girl hope all is well in your neck of Amerika! @Scandinavian sending support vibes your way for your Mom Scandi.. tough time.. chemo is NOT for the faint of heart, swear I will turn it down when it comes to me unless I was sure it would cure my cancer..xoxoxo @Daisys and Diamonds Hello lady! hope all is well with you down in your part of the world :) @bling_dream19 Hi! hope your weather is not too wild and hope you are loving your newlywed time! I did, both times as a matter of fact :) xoxoxo @Slick1 How's things going? hope well. xoxoxo @AV_ Hi AV! how's your weather in Spain? Love Spain.. love it.. xoxoxo @canuk-gal Hi Sharon hope your temps have abated and your are in normal range.. xoxoxo @Austina Hello! how's things? how's Shirley? hear anything? sending you boats and planes of love and hugs Austina.. xoxoxoxo

Not much new here, heard from the architect last night via email, he's been sick this week but is working and will have a plan this week.. Yay, but with caution :) didn't see Autie this week but tomorrow we will! going out to breakfast with our friends from forever at El Dorado again! I gotta stop this. John's allergies are outta control, he's PITA and won't go to a doctor. ugh. Salley is well and sleeping, we had a loander BMW 3 series car this week while our old Nelly X3 was having new windshield wiper put on (Hahahahaha they were 112.00$ yup ya gotta wonder).. oil change (123.00$) and the recall stuff and of course a free wash :) gotta get old Nellie this morning b4 breakfast. My son's and DIL and my little Autie all are fine as far as I know.. not much new actually.

I'm so glad Missy is strong.. we are all strong for each other. we are lucky, especially me. thank you ladies.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting! yes I like flush too, and you can always put a spacer ringy thing if you want some space.. Bigger is often better in rings.. I think of your rings as more of a right hand ring in one way, it's beautiful.. you may not you may want another engagement ring style.. I wear my Katie ring on my right hand every day forever.... Hope your weather is okay girl. xoxoxo

Thank you @Tekate David is going to mail me a model of Ashlee’s setting. @Slick1 brought up a good point about making a space underneath so I can wear a band flush next to it. I actually like a gap sometimes..It keeps the rings separate so you can see them individually. Other times I like it to be flush. The model will let me see how I will like it. I can even try it on with a band..The dimensions are a smidge over 13x14mm so it‘s a little bigger than I’m usually comfortable with..so we’ll see..
The ACA should be ready the first week in February...I can’t wait to put it next to Libby.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDI’s

@missy glad to hear your parents were there with you and were so supportive and helpful. You are truly blessed with loved ones. Please tell Greg we are all thinking about him and happy his surgery is behind him and he can begin his therapy and recovery. Hoping it’s speedy and with minimal pain.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exciting! yes I like flush too, and you can always put a spacer ringy thing if you want some space.. Bigger is often better in rings.. I think of your rings as more of a right hand ring in one way, it's beautiful.. you may not you may want another engagement ring style.. I wear my Katie ring on my right hand every day forever.... Hope your weather is okay girl. xoxoxo

@Tekate I’m really not a right hand ring person..hence the problem...They will be worn on my left hand like an engagement ring...with a band..I wear right hand rings but they are usually small stackable bands...
Our weather is good so far. It’s supposed to pick up late afternoon with sleet..freezing rain..and a bit of snow. We are hunkering down here today...My favorite kind of day is to take a shower..and put clean pjs on...We have to take all our Christmas things down..My hubby was not feeling well last time we were here so we left everything up. It will take us all day to get the house undecorated.
How are you feeling? Are you feeling a little more settled? It truly takes me three years to fully acclimate to a new house.
Talking about a new house...My husband said he will retire a year from April! This is his second and last retirement. We will be selling the house in Pa and moving to northern Va to be near Scott and Allie. Scott wants us there because he will be the one overseeing David’s care when we pass on..It’s going to be a challenge finding a place for David to work....There are people that want to do away with sheltered workshops because they feel that they should have competitive employment and make minimum wage. That’s fine if they’re capable of working like the average worker. Many can’t..like David. He needs a place to work at his level..He also needs supervision. No employer is going to do that. Many of this special population will wind up at home with aging parents during the day..or in group homes with nothing to do..Its horrible. Anyway..It will be a challenge.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I’m glad the architect got in touch and told you he was sick...At least you know he’s not blowing you off as contractors sometimes do! I hope you like the plans he has for you this week...
Life is short Kate...Enjoy your lunch out with your friends. Calories don’t count when you’re with them...I haven’t had Mexican food in a long time. No one I know likes it..but I love it. I make a very easy delicious taco salad occasionally which I love.
Haha to John being a PITA about not going to the doctor. I hope he‘s not allergic to some native Texas weed..He needs to see an allergist. This is no lie. Once we went for a visit to Toronto...As soon as we crossed over I got a bad cold...It was instantaneous...When we crossed over the same area back into the US the cold disappeared again instantaneously! There must have been some plant or some different pollen that I was allergic to...We went to Quebec a few years ago..and I didn’t have a problem then...He may need shots..

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Haha they are space cats. :lol: These might be one of my favorite pairs. So I have a few. Of course. Thank you for all your caring and generous love and support and (((hugs))).

Thank you so much. Hanging in there but terribly missing our furry babies. :(

Space cats I should have known! They are really cute! Teehee. When I'm on my phone I cant use emojis otherwise I would use the laughing one. Love how you wear fun clothes!
How is nurse Missy? How is your patient?
Thinking about you and Greg and so sorry you're missing your fur babies.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy your parents are awesome!!! I see where you get it from. And for sure no coincidence that Greg got a room with a view. I'm so glad they were with you yesterday.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy I'd get along great with your folks. I always talk to strangers--or they automatically sit next to me to chat. lol. My DH always laughs. I hope Greg's pain is controlled. Key to healing and success--good pain control.

Apparently we are supposed to be exiting the deep freeze....starting tomorrow. It is -25C currently but tomorrow is predicted to be 0. I'll believe it when I feel it. lol. I hope the pipes can take the big weather change, there have been many news reports of broken pipes during this week of deep freeze.

NIRDI shout out! :wavey: I worked most of this week and yesterday was BUSY!! I need happy hour today. lol

Safe travels for folks and healing vibes across the miles.

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We were just heading out for a long walk when I posted earlier. It was really frosty here this morning, bit it cleared up to be a lovely, crisp sunny day, cold, but nothing a coat and scarf couldn’t cure.

You are most definitely NOT an old bag @Tekate. Unfortunately, my chat with Shirley last week was difficult. I had emailed her son and he replied saying they’d had a good day with her on Saturday, had a long discussion about things. Her good mood had obviously worn off by Sunday, she was complaining all the time about her devious, cunning, manipulative DIL. Oy, don’t know what triggered that, but I spent 3 hours constantly redirecting the conversation. It’s a very sad situation, as her son and DIL’s baby is due any day now. Sorry John is a PITA about Drs., I worry sometimes that Colin is becoming a hypochondriac!

Safe travels to SC @junebug17, I hope you had a great time in Florida.

Yikes @canuk-gal I hope your pipes don’t freeze and burst :shock:

Hi @bling_dream19 , how’re things with you? It’s almost an anti climax after the actual wedding and all the busy preparations, but hopefully you’re finding married life fun.

I thought I was the odd one out liking flush fitting rings @Mamabean, glad to have another member of the club :lol: Sounds like you’re also going to be going through major moves in the not too distant future. That’s great that Scott is going to be looking out for David, and it certainly makes sense to move closer to them.

Hope you’re having a good weekend @marcy and your knee isn’t causing you any issues. A lot of For All Mankind was about the real space programme, so perhaps watch an episode and see what you think. We’ve just binge watched From the Earth to the Moon, don’t know why it’s taken such an age to be shown here.

@missy, I hope Greg is doing well today and not in any pain. When will he be discharged and able to go home? Please say Hi to him for us and tell him we’re thinking of him and wishing him a speedy recovery. Please don’t forget to look after yourself too.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good weekend. :wavey:

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy that was so nice of your parents to spend the day with you yesterday and take you home. Glad everyone at the hospital took such great care of you and Greg. Bubbalah looked great in the preop room. Sorry to hear Oliver is being wild and crazy.
@junebug17 I hope you are having a lovely time in Florida.

@Mamabean I hope your trip to PA went smoothly. I am so anxious to see all of your bling. That is great David is sending you a model of your setting to try on. I hope you had a cozy day in PJ’s and taking down decorations. I hope things work out for all of you when your DH retires and you move to VA.

@Tekate I am sorry to hear John’s allergies are so bad there, I hope he finds some relief. I remember when we went to the beach in SC a few years ago. My nose cleared up right away then by that evening the local allergies said “not so fast”. Our weather was windy and chilly today. My knee isn’t too bad today. Thank you. Glad to hear you got an email from the architect on your house. That will be nice to get your car back.

@bling_dream19 are you whittling down things this weekend? I have a stack to work on tomorrow.

@canuk-gal I hope the sudden return to 0 degrees doesn’t result in any pipes breaking at your house. That seems to be the most likely time for breakage when they start thawing out.

@Austina I am sorry to hear Shirley continues to have spells where she is accusing her DIL of mistreating her; that is worrisome and heartbreaking. I’m with youo and @Mamabean on having flush fitting rings. I really like bypass styles but if I went with that for an ering I’d never wear my bands. I am having a good weekend; thank you. The knee isn’t too bad today. From the Earth to the Moon was a great series; I hope you enjoy it.

I did have a busy day. Marty went to a gym in Denver today to “observe” some strength training coaches; he didn’t come home with any great new insights or questioning how he does things so that is good. I was going to hit the grocery story bright and early but I slept in a little bit then a friend of mine started texting me for about an hour so I decided there wasn’t really anything I needed today at the store. I washed the bedding in our guest bedroom and put it all back on the bed, diid my laundry, watched several movies and finished my lap blanket for work. I watched Line of Duty and the Birdcatcher. They were both good. I started to watch Downton Abbey but couldn’t get in to it. When Marty got home we watch Gemini Man.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies.

@marcy glad you watched some good movies and accomplished your chores too. You had a busy day. Sorry Marty didn't come away with any new info re the gym but that means he is doing it all right. Maybe give Downton Abbey another try when you are more in the mood? I love that show but didn't see the movie so maybe it isn't up to par. Is it on cable? I have to check that out. And thanks for naming the movies you watched. I am in need of good recommendations. What do you have on tap for today?

Hi @Austina lovely you enjoyed a nice walk yesterday. I will write all about Greg below. He is home and OK. I am fine. Tired but relieved the surgery is over and now the work begins to get him fully recovered.

@canuk-gal yay you are exiting the deep freeze just as we have entered it lol. Yes my parents are super friendly with everyone they meet it seems. I can turn that on too but only in shorter spurts or it exhausts me as I am an extroverted introvert but my parents are extroverted extroverts lol. What are your plans today?

@bling_dream19 thank you. They are good people. Like you and your DH. What are your Sunday plans? How's your weather? Here is the view we had from Greg's room at the hospital. Sorry the screen got in the way.

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 8.28.52 AM.png

Pantoscopic shot

panoviewhss.png

@Mamabean glad the trip went well and hope you are having a lovely weekend and I look forward to hearing (and seeing) more about your bling.

@Tekate oh I am sorry about John's terrible allergies continuing and wish he would listen to you and see the doctor. Glad Autie and your son and DIL are well and that Salley is well. Hope your architect gets better soon and does what he needs to and gives you exactly what you want in the new house.

@Slick1 glad you are enjoying a nice weekend and sending you hugs and continued healing dust for the rest of the work you need done. Soon it will be complete and you will be pleased with the results fingers crossed.

@AV_ have a lovely Sunday.

@Daisys and Diamonds hope everyone by you is feeling well and enjoying a nice weekend.

@missy How is Greg doing today?

Hi @Scandinavian how are you? How is your mom doing? Glad she is off chemo. Thanks for asking about Greg.

Greg is OK. And he is home. We took him home yesterday afternoon while the snow was coming down. The PT cleared him (Greg is able to walk with the walker and also do steps).The surgeon checked on him at the hospital yesterday too (he is one upbeat guy) and he granted Greg his request to come home.

I am happy he is home but definitely had second thoughts about it yesterday late afternoon and evening because his pain is fluctuating from under control to not well controlled. In the hospital he got IV pain meds with the Oxy but at home we only have enough Oxy for a few days and obviously no IV pain meds.

He will call the surgeon tomorrow and get more (hopefully he can get more) because if he cannot control the pain he won't do the PT exercises and it gets so stiff. So it is critical his pain is controlled well. They gave him 42 oxy pills but he was taking 2 every 3 hours (plus IV pain meds) in the hospital and on the Oxy pill bottle I picked up from the pharmacy it says 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours. But when Greg waited 4 hours the pain became unmanageable for hours and hours yesterday so he is back to taking 2 pills every 3 hours however that means he will run out of meds tomorrow. What a pain. Literally and figuratively. He has to be in less pain to do the critical exercises.

We also are renting an ice machine that they wanted us to in order to keep the knee swelling down. We lugged it home yesterday (Uber and our driver was uber wonderful too) and when I set it up it was leaking all over the place. Oy. It was defective. We called the number on the instructions and they sent a guy right over with another machine that worked. Whew!

Yesterday with the machine the second machine hooked up.

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 8.10.54 AM.png

It takes a lot of ice lol but I am freezing red plastic cups (a helpful tip they told me about) and dumping that into the machine as it stays frozen longer.

It was a rough night. Greg was peeing every hour (into a plastic urinal so he didn't have to get out of bed) and I had to empty it at 1AM. He kept waking up from the pain so he was taking Oxy every 3 hours through the night. But he was able to go back to sleep every time so he slept better here than at the hospital. He is on 8 different meds throughout the day and I am having trouble keeping it all straight but I have a cheat sheet to help me. We got through the day and evening woohoo. Now just to get Greg's pain well controlled more consistently so he can do the critical exercises.

Overall I am glad he is home and Greg is happy to be home but we are both concerned about the pain med rationing as again, if he is in pain he cannot do the exercise which are crucial to his recovery and he is supposed to be doing them every hour but he has not been due to the pain. Anyway tomorrow we will be calling the surgeon though it is a holiday now that I am thinking about it.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, it is amazing that Greg is home so quickly! That ice machine is a new one to me...how great that it was invented before his surgery. I hope you can keep the pain under control so Greg gets his exercises right away. Wishing you luck aplenty with that! XX

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, it is amazing that Greg is home so quickly! That ice machine is a new one to me...how great that it was invented before his surgery. I hope you can keep the pain under control so Greg gets his exercises right away. Wishing you luck aplenty with that! XX

Thanks Jimmianne. The machine was invented by an orthopedic surgeon and there are different variations of it for different body parts. When I had my surgery I had nothing offered to me for that function. I think it would have helped me. Hopefully it helps Greg.

Does anyone want to see a photo of Greg's bare leg?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m glad Greg is home and on his way to recovery...but know it must be hard on both of you. How can they send you home with a small amount of pills!? He also has to move that leg so he doesn’t get a blood clot...How do they expect him to do that? I’m not squeamish so I would like to see a pic of his bare leg...It’s wrapped up in gauze right?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I’m glad Greg is home and on his way to recovery...but know it must be hard on both of you. How can they send you home with a small amount of pills!? He also has to move that leg so he doesn’t get a blood clot...How do they expect him to do that? I’m not squeamish so I would like to see a pic of his bare leg...It’s wrapped up in gauze right?

They said it was the maximum they could send him home with. I call BS. 42 pills but he takes 2 every 3 hours so if you do the math it doesn't last long and he is supposed to keep the pain controlled so he can do the exercises and get better. Very frustrating.

I am going to share a photo. It isn't bad at all but warning for those of you who might not want to see it. Please look away.

The orange stuff is from the antiseptic (Iodine I think).

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 9.43.18 AM.png

The gauze is off but a large waterproof bandage is over the incision. That is all he has covering the incision.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

That’s good news that Greg is home @missy, I’m sure he’ll recover a lot quicker there than in the hospital as long as you can keep the pain under control. I’m sure he must be very sore from the operation and all the pulling and prodding about that must’ve gone on to replace his knee. It really doesn’t look too awful considering what he’s been through, and what a great invention the icer is.

I suppose because of the incidence of drug dependency, they are very wary about giving such potent drugs in large quantities, but you would‘ve thought they’d send him home with more than a couple of days worth. Hopefully, you’ll be able to get more tomorrow, and Greg won’t be suffering so much. I’m surprised that they sent you home with so few. When Adam has his wisdom teeth out, I was horrified with the amount of drugs he got sent home with, I told him to bin them he wasn’t going to need such strong meds for teeth extractions. As you say, go figure!

@marcy, I thought the Downton film had more humour in it than the TV series, and even if you had never seen the TV shows, it was still a pleasant film.

Colin (for some unknown reason) wanted to watch Wolf of Wall Street yesterday, he lasted about 10 minutes before he said he didn’t want to watch anymore. I was finishing my book, Elton John’s autobiography, which was a very easy read.

Another beautiful, crisp cold day here, we’ve just got back from a brisk walk and are having a cup of tea!

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good Sunday. :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I just replied but it got lost in cyberspace.
It doesn’t look as bad as I expected it to look. I know the wrinkly skin is really a see through bandage. I’ve had that before. I‘m so mad they didn’t send you home with a decent amount of pills. He needs to be able to walk a bit and move the leg..He can’t do that without pain relief. They are so afraid of addiction that they are stingy with them now. This is major surgery. I think it’s cruel to let him suffer and you have to practically beg them for more pills. I think he’s peeing a lot because they pumped him with fluids during surgery...He will have to pee it out...Hopefully it will be less tonight..xxxxooo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am thrilled Greg is home because being in a hospital is scary these days with stitches and all. It is SO hard to get good pain control today due to abuse of opioids, when my jaw was literally killing me and I thought DARK thoughts because I couldn't stand it my surgeon (the oral guy) wouldn't give me any pain meds, it was a good thing I had like 10 oxycontin pills my brother once put in my pocket book by mistake when he was in cancer treatment - oxy didn't touch his pain, I changed pocket books and never noticed them at all till one day John came out and said why the heck do you have Bobby's oxycontin? (Bobby had already died at this time).. I said "I dunno" either Bobby put them in there are this dippoop wife" :) so I kept them there "just in case" my pain level was beyond and three years later it was.. I know you know this but he has to take them before breakthru pain, I know I know it's a balancing act, did they give him time release oxycontin? (oxycodone I never did know the difference).. the time release helped me in the hospital but they also made me sick so I stopped them immediately.. I feel for Greg I really do.. I remember being in such pain after the first replacement that I felt like it was an out of body experience and I was watching myself (maybe I was high? dunno).. Pain slows down rehab.

Tell him I am thinking of him constantly and sending painfree dust and caring to him Missy. If Greg had his knee replaced it was because the pain of bone on bone was worse than the fear of pain after the surgery and when one get's there they have been in pain quite a long time.. I know.. hugs to you and hope your frame of mind is of the loving mom you are and what you give and not to dwell on couda shoulda woulda, because all that you have done since I've known you is out of love.

xoxoxo

ETA: MIssy just rereading your post, tell Greg or you tell your surgeon he needs BREAKTHROUGH pain meds, so to me he needs oxy and say vicodine or something.. and YES he has to do his exercises and he will be constipated part of the opioids. ask doc about that too if not already covered. xoxox

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They said it was the maximum they could send him home with. I call BS. 42 pills but he takes 2 every 3 hours so if you do the math it doesn't last long and he is supposed to keep the pain controlled so he can do the exercises and get better. Very frustrating.

I am going to share a photo. It isn't bad at all but warning for those of you who might not want to see it. Please look away.

The orange stuff is from the antiseptic (Iodine I think).

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 9.43.18 AM.png

The gauze is off but a large waterproof bandage is over the incision. That is all he has covering the incision.
I’m sure you have told us but my brain isn’t functioning. What exactly did they do with his knee? Sorry, over-curious.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean retirement: are you guys going to keep the Maryland house? Maybe so because it's at the beach right? Northern VA? my brother in law and his wife live in Alexandria! my other brother in law lives at Wintergreen.. :)

I understand and hope David finds his way but I do know that while you are mamabean you are mamaBEAR too so I think it will be fine. Glad that your husband is going to retire, it will be easier for you I am sure. Thanks for the heads up on the how long it takes to live in a new house, for me Joanne, I'm already sick of living anywhere but home :) but John is very happy and sneezy his derriere off and grumpy, hey just like the last time we lived here for 18 YEARS of sneezing... but I do understand he hated the Maine winter and as time goes on he hated it more than I even knew.. so it's okay here.

xooxoxoxooxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure you have told us but my brain isn’t functioning. What exactly did they do with his knee? Sorry, over-curious.

Total Knee Replacement.

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean retirement: are you guys going to keep the Maryland house? Maybe so because it's at the beach right? Northern VA? my brother in law and his wife live in Alexandria! my other brother in law lives at Wintergreen.. :)

I understand and hope David finds his way but I do know that while you are mamabean you are mamaBEAR too so I think it will be fine. Glad that your husband is going to retire, it will be easier for you I am sure. Thanks for the heads up on the how long it takes to live in a new house, for me Joanne, I'm already sick of living anywhere but home :) but John is very happy and sneezy his derriere off and grumpy, hey just like the last time we lived here for 18 YEARS of sneezing... but I do understand he hated the Maine winter and as time goes on he hated it more than I even knew.. so it's okay here.

xooxoxoxooxo

@Tekate Yes NV....and VERY close to your brother-in-law! Small world! We will keep the Maryland house but I do hope to get a smaller one with a driveway....He loves the house..I do too..but it only has on street parking..Parking is awful here..I’m trying to convince him..but it’s not working,

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I am thrilled Greg is home because being in a hospital is scary these days with stitches and all. It is SO hard to get good pain control today due to abuse of opioids, when my jaw was literally killing me and I thought DARK thoughts because I couldn't stand it my surgeon (the oral guy) wouldn't give me any pain meds, it was a good thing I had like 10 oxycontin pills my brother once put in my pocket book by mistake when he was in cancer treatment - oxy didn't touch his pain, I changed pocket books and never noticed them at all till one day John came out and said why the heck do you have Bobby's oxycontin? (Bobby had already died at this time).. I said "I dunno" either Bobby put them in there are this dippoop wife" :) so I kept them there "just in case" my pain level was beyond and three years later it was.. I know you know this but he has to take them before breakthru pain, I know I know it's a balancing act, did they give him time release oxycontin? (oxycodone I never did know the difference).. the time release helped me in the hospital but they also made me sick so I stopped them immediately.. I feel for Greg I really do.. I remember being in such pain after the first replacement that I felt like it was an out of body experience and I was watching myself (maybe I was high? dunno).. Pain slows down rehab.

Tell him I am thinking of him constantly and sending painfree dust and caring to him Missy. If Greg had his knee replaced it was because the pain of bone on bone was worse than the fear of pain after the surgery and when one get's there they have been in pain quite a long time.. I know.. hugs to you and hope your frame of mind is of the loving mom you are and what you give and not to dwell on couda shoulda woulda, because all that you have done since I've known you is out of love.

xoxoxo

ETA: MIssy just rereading your post, tell Greg or you tell your surgeon he needs BREAKTHROUGH pain meds, so to me he needs oxy and say vicodine or something.. and YES he has to do his exercises and he will be constipated part of the opioids. ask doc about that too if not already covered. xoxox

Very true about being stopped up! That’s no joke..Ask for a recommendation and start it now. I was told to take Miralax. You mix it in a beverage..There’s no taste. I couldn’t take pain pills for more than two days because of that. I didn’t have that kind of surgery so that was okay to just take Tylenol afterwards. He needs to take the heavy duty stuff..

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I’m glad to hear Greg’s surgery went well and he is now at home. My mom just had a TKR on Tuesday and she was released from the hospital to a rehab center (she is 83 and lives alone) for a week or two. Her first day at rehab, she got super sick to her stomach and couldn’t eat, which in turn, was making her weak and exhausted. Turns out, she hadn’t had a BM since the night BEFORE her surgery. This is Friday, now we’re talking. So, they started her on laxatives and high fiber apple juice, etc. In the meantime, she kept throwing up and had no relief. Finally, she got a suppository which moved things along. Yesterday.

They think she might have had some sensitivity to the Oxy - which they had been giving her two every six hours (note: I outweigh my mom by 80 pounds and when I had both my boobs cut off, I only had one Oxy - never two - and only the first two days, and then only every 12 hours), then dropped her down to one Oxy every six hours, supplemented with xtra strength Tylenols alternating every six hours (one oxy, three hours later 1000 mg Tylenol, three hours later oxy....). But between the constipation and the nausea, they have discontinued her Oxy completely (as of Saturday... day 4 postop). She is now taking 1000 mg tylenol every four hours. She has some pain still, mostly discomfort-aching, throbbing- but nothing like also having the constipation and nausea.

Anyway, I hope they figure out Greg’s pain soon, as he will need to work really hard with the PT and that can increase the swelling and fatigue and pain in his knee.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @ringo865 sorry your mom had some complications in the beginning but glad she’s doing better now.

Greg weighs about 170and he needs 10mg Oxy every 3 hours or his pain is through the roof. It’s not good. I am calling his surgeon tomorrow and hopefully will be able to talk with him and get Greg more pain meds. He’s taking 1000 Tylenol every hours and he’s taking aspirin twice a day too. All prescribed by the surgeon. They don’t want him taking ibuprofen but I don’t remember why.

Hope your mom’s continued recovery goes smoothly.

FWIW I couldn’t take Oxy after my surgery. It made me severely nauseous and constipated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope he is able to get a good night sleep. That always helps, at least a little. Hugs!

Thanks Scandi. He slept last night on and off. Better than when he was in the hospital. So that’s something. But the pain must be controlled or he cannot sleep.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results