shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw thanks so much.. for an old hag I'm still trying.. I hope your new and happy life brings you joy! xoxoxo

You could never look like an old hag @Tekate! Hey! We’re the same age now, right?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy hoping Greg is doing well after his surgery. We’ve all been keeping both of you in our thoughts.

@canuk-gal hoping you are staying warm.

@Scandinavian sending your mom mega dust with this round of chemo and she can now regain her strength. Crossing my fingers, toes and anything else that works she won’t need any further treatments.

@missy love your black opal ring. Love the shot of you and Greg waiting for surgery.

@springerspaniel I hope you are doing well.

@Austina I thought of watching For All Mankind but don’t know if I’d like revisionist history there. Space is high on my favorites list. I might give it a try since you liked it. Sorry the gym was hard today.

@Tekate I am glad your husband likes you to be happy with bling. Marty has a thing for watches so that helps me out with my bling habit.

@Mamabean I agree with you everyone copes differently yet sometimes I can forget that. It’s nice John likes you to buy and enjoy new bling.

@bling_dream19 thank you for the compliments on my heart diamond ring. I’ve been enjoying it all week. That’s a good thing your DH wants to make you happy. Good luck putting things away this weekend.

@Jimmianne I love your new avatar; your ring turned out so pretty. How wonderful your vision is improved already. Sweet. The better to see your pretty bling with. Take it easy though until your eye is healed.

@AV_ it is hard to keep caught up here.

I had my work done by 10 am today. I caught up on some That 70’s Show; I hadn’t watched any episodes before but heard they are funny. We have a meeting tonight out in the wind and cold.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, just a quick hello and I am back home. It was a long and stressful day. Going back to the hospital early tomorrow but wanted to let you all know Greg's surgery went well. They had some trouble controlling his pain for a few hours but it is better controlled right now. He is OK and he is in his room now and ate dinner and is just very tired. I am also exhausted and heading to bed soon after I eat something. Just wanted to say thanks for all your good wishes, calls, texts, messages and posts and I also wanted to let you know Greg is OK. Hugs and as soon as I have more time I will read everything I missed here. Sweet dreams.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girls, just a quick hello and I am back home. It was a long and stressful day. Going back to the hospital early tomorrow but wanted to let you all know Greg's surgery went well. They had some trouble controlling his pain for a few hours but it is better controlled right now. He is OK and he is in his room now and ate dinner and is just very tired. I am also exhausted and heading to bed soon after I eat something. Just wanted to say thanks for all your good wishes, calls, texts, messages and posts and I also wanted to let you know Greg is OK. Hugs and as soon as I have more time I will read everything I missed here. Sweet dreams.

Thanks for checking in @missy..I hope they have his pain under control soon. Goodnight xxxooo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for letting us know @missy. Hope both of you sleep okay. I am sending Greg a speedy recovery.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES! I am glad to read this. Controlling his pain is paramount Missy, it's the key to getting ahead.. I am very relieved for you and happy for Greg and his new life with his knee. sending you love, to all of you. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank goodness it’s over and Greg is doing well. Hopefully they’ve got the pain meds right and you’ve both had a restful night.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thanks for checking in. Hoping for a good day for Greg today! Mega dust his way!

@Scandinavian sending your mom mega dust with this round of chemo and she can now regain her strength. Crossing my fingers, toes and anything else that works she won’t need any further treatments.
Thank you Marcy! I’m crossing everything too! Let’s hope it helps!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Jimmianne ..I know but she normally would check in..

I know! I was worried too, but hoped I was right.

And all is well!!!

Missy, thank GOODNESS yesterday is over!!! I know Greg will have challenges during recovery, but the anticipation and surgery are behind you both now. Whew!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone heard from @missy? I’m worried..

Aww thank you Joanne! I really appreciate your caring.
@Jimmianne is right. It was a long day.

We are OK. Just exhausted. It was a super long day. My parents are the best. My almost 86 year old dad and mom made the trip to be with me and arrived just 2 hours after we got there (Greg had already been taken away for surgical prep) and they stayed with me the entire day and evening and drove me home too! They are so unbelievably amazing because I kept saying no please go home. They are old and were also exhausted but they refused to leave me alone. And it really helped having them there because I was there 14 hours and most of that time by myself if they hadn't been there.

Though we did strike up a convo with another woman and we spoke for hours while we were waiting but that was all my mom as she talks to strangers and strikes up lively convos. So yeah it helped. HSS has a weird policy that while the patient is in recovery you can only see them one person at a time 15 minutes every 2 hours. NO exceptions. They kept stating this over the loudspeaker lol. I remember this so well when I was a patient there and was alone in recovery for so long. It wasn't fun. However they made an exception and let me see Greg before the 2PM first recovery visiting time and let me stay for an HOUR!!! I didn't even ask to stay that long and the nurses were so nice!

Then my parents got to see him at the 2PM visiting time and they let my mom go for 10 minutes and then my dad for 10 despite the fact they don't allow splitting of the visit. After that though they didn't allow any other splitting of the visit but they did allow me to stay 30 minutes vs 15 each time I got to visit after that. Anyway a long day in the waiting room and it took a very long time for Greg to get a hospital bed. That's how that hospital works because when I had my operation there in 2014 it was the same thing. But I didn't get a bed til 9PM I believe.

Greg got a bed at 7PM. BUT that might have been because of my mom again. She went up and talked to them and then less than 20 minutes later Greg had a room. Coincidence? I don't think so because they had told us it might be another hour but then he was in the room before 20 minutes was up after she spoke with them.

Then once Greg had a room (the views there are TDF) the staff also fed my parents! I didn't want anything but I was so happy they gave my parents food. They are a really great hospital with amazing staff. Only stupid recovery visiting rules but now that Greg has a room I can visit 24 hours a day. But I am still home and taking care of the cats. Oliver is a terror but I won't go into that now.

Thank you all for your caring concern and support!!! For the calls and texts and emails and posts here. Thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I’m back.
Wow, Cataract surgery was a breeze! Quite a positive experience and I can SEE. I had not been aware of how poor my vision really was, how carefully I had been navigating the world.
Thank you for all your good wishes, and I had to laugh at the comments to stop reading and get off the computer. So true, I was a bad patient to even check in yesterday, but how could I not be in touch???

All thoughts are with Greg today. I was given the same good luck socks for surgery yesterday, so this seems a big sign that all will go smoothly.
Missy, love that photo, quite an expression of a dear couple. I wish we could all be up there for you, but hope it helps a little to know that we are there in spirit with you today! <3 <3 <3

So pleased cataract surgery went as expected and you are doing well.

And all is well!!!

Missy, thank GOODNESS yesterday is over!!! I know Greg will have challenges during recovery, but the anticipation and surgery are behind you both now. Whew!

You were right! As always sweet Jimmianne. Thank you for your kind generous thoughts and you know we love you. I wish I could be there in person for you as well. But I know you are with me in spirit! (((HUGS)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am thinking about you and Greg. I know surgery is so scary but he is good hands and he's strong and will recover well and quickly. And I love your leggings! Trying to figure out the animal on them? Lol sometimes I need help.

Haha they are space cats. :lol: These might be one of my favorite pairs. So I have a few. Of course. Thank you for all your caring and generous love and support and (((hugs))).

@missy your poem is so beautiful and I just adore his beautiful green eyes. Hope you're hanging in through the grief.

Thank you so much. Hanging in there but terribly missing our furry babies. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed. The unexpected cuts I do, I would have sued for.

... I might have thought that Greg is trying out dresses, before reading your caption, that is. Fingers crossed for you both!

@Jimmianne Enjoy the local radio ,)

Obviously, I will never catch up.

Haha no need to try. We are always here when you are up to reading the novel some of us (me) write. :oops:
Thank you for all your support @AV_ (((hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, chemo on Monday. Hopefully the last run for now. In theory, the cancer might now have been put on hold for a while, allowing a pause in the chemo treatments. Actually, I think that will take a break either way, her body can’t take any more now.

Continued healing dust and prayers being sent your mother's way and big hugs and much love to you dear @Scandinavian

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending prayers to Greg and his surgeon this morning! Calming dust is being sent to you too! xxxxxxoooooo

Thank you! I need(ed) that. It is very scary when your loved one is in the hands of someone else and you have no control. Relieved the surgery is over and we have a long road to recovery according to the surgeon but we are up for it. Just hope his pain can stay controlled as it was hairy there for a few hours. His pain was at an 8 for hours. Incredible in a hospital with all the IV pain meds but there it was. SO when he comes home I am a bit apprehensive as to what will be re the pain but we will do the best we can and hope for the best. Thank you Joanne for being such a good friend. Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy hoping Greg is doing well after his surgery. We’ve all been keeping both of you in our thoughts.

Thanks for letting us know @missy. Hope both of you sleep okay. I am sending Greg a speedy recovery.

Thank you Marcy! For everything. (((Hugs))). Forgive my disorganized responses. I didn't sleep much at all last night and am tired but hyper and my computer is being sort of jerky in the typing which means it needs to be restarted but I don't want to lose my posts so doing each one like this. And not going in order. Sorry girls. I don't have time to restart my computer right now either. Have to get going but wanted to try responding to all of you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of positive vibes heading across the ocean to you and Greg today @missy. Hopefully he’ll be first up on the list, and it’ll soon be over and you can breath again.

I’ll never tire of see your beautiful opal, isn’t Mother Nature wonderful, it’s a piece of art. :kiss2:

Aww thank you Austina and thank you for all your support on and offline and it means so much to me. Next time we see each other in person I will make sure you get to check out the opal. And wear it if you want. Hope you are having a good weekend. Hugs.

Missy--thinking of you and hoping all goes well today with Greg's surgery.
Hi NIRDIs--sorry I have not been very active on the thread but rest assured I read everything!

Thank you! Appreciate all your support and just being here for me. XO

Sending good wishes everything goes smoothly for Greg @missy.

Thanks Junie.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Oh Missy we as mother's tend to only view the sad side of a situation, when I think about being Mike's mom I always mention to him how bad I was and he ALWAYS get's mad and says "stop mom' it was a time in my life when I was a teen and I AM SORRY not you mom.. he's a great son, I cannot get the guilt out of my head most times, BECAUSE we as women feel guilty for everything, Fred, the fearless and finest cat, YOU DID YOUR BEST absolute best to give him the best life Missy, I understand your feelings when you said "haunted" jeezus do I understand that, with my baby Daisy I should have released her earlier, but I didn't I couldn't and I regret till this day. But be nice to yourself be good to yourself.. We are here for reasons and yours is a wonderful one, you are a good good person, so rare today. xoxoxo on that, bask in the love Fred gave you.. he's was gorgeous.. @Austina and @junebug17 and you have terrible loss, I know Austina is still very sad and Junie too.. we are family here on this board.. we all support each other.. I always say old Kate the GREAt is a lucky woman.. How's Greg? rainy right now here in Georgetown TX.. house at a standstill Missy but hopefully next week we meet with the architect AGAIN and we move on to talking with the builder.. I cannot afford more than we said we could to him to build, there is a 3,000 sq ft requirement for the subdivision so we could cut maybe 100feet I dunno, I knew I'd hate this and we haven't done squat. pfffffffft and meh meh.. :) hope everything is going well in the city girl. Marvelous Missy! be good to yourself, you are so good to everyone else. xoxoxo

Dear Kate the Great, where do I begin? You are amazing and I cannot express adequately how much I appreciate your support and love. It has been a challenging 8 plus months but with the support of you and the other lovely ladies here it has made it more manageable. With all you and the other have going on in your lives that you still take the energy and time to be here and offline for me means more than I can say. Truly. Thank you. You are a good person and a true friend. And I am the lucky one Kate. Continued good luck for your house and the architect to do it right and the way you want and within budget. Don't worry. It will work out! Hugs and love to you Kate the great and wise. XOXOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Sharon, thank you for all your good wishes. (((Hugs))). Hope the weather is warming up by you. We are getting 4 inches of snow here. Sure to mess up my travel to the hospital and back today but as we say in Brooklyn "whatcha gonna do"? :lol: ::)

@Daisys and Diamonds Nicky, thank you for your kind support and hope Gary and Melanie are doing well.

@CJ2008 thank you sweet girl. HUGS!

@rainwood (((HUGS))) and thank you.

@Slick1 hang in there. Only (hopefully) a few more visits and all will be perfect for you. I am continuing to send mega dust your way and big hugs and lots of love. Have a lovely weekend sweet friend. XOXO.

@Scandinavian how is your sweet furry baby T doing?

Leaving you with a bling shot as we were in pre op yesterday. LOL you know I love bling photos :lol: and it is a good diversion when I am anxious.

bubbalahandfrenchcutsapphirebandatHSS.png

Weird lighting but there you go. Have a good Caturday Saturday lovely ladies and maybe I will be back if I can later. Hugs. And thank you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just heading out but I wanted to quickly stop by again to say that I’m so pleased everything went well @missy. Your parents are superstars and their actions just radiate with the love they have for you and Greg,

Please send Greg our very best wishes when you see him today, I’m sure the collective sigh of relief from us all, created a big cloud :lol: When one of us hurts, we all hurt.

Be back later to catch up properly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg..It was a long day @missy...Your parents are so sweet and loving. They charmed their way around the rules...I’m so happy they were able to be there with you for support. I‘m sorry Greg had so much pain when he first woke up. I hope now that he’s getting a steady dose it will be manageable.
Oliver is a little rascal...He’s going to be in that playpen until he’s an adult..omg..If he was a dog I would say to give him a walk until he’s good and tired. I don‘t know what to do with a hyper cat...lol..He’s soooo cute though..Are there cat muzzles so he can’t eat their food. I’m kidding...not kidding..:doh:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm so glad the surgery went smoothly, though I'm sorry to hear Greg was in so much pain and I hope that he's doing better by now. Sending him healing dust and positive vibes. Your parents are very special people. This is a stressful time for everyone so take care of yourself too.

Am traveling today, I've been in FL and now heading to SC, sending good thoughts to all and will check in soon.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

And all is well!!!

I’m so happy it’s over! I was driving from Pa to Maryland and would check the thread at the light!
@missy I’m also happy you will have a visiting nurse to check on him...You will at least have support that everything is healing the way it should. xxxoo..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy, I'm so glad the surgery went smoothly, though I'm sorry to hear Greg was in so much pain and I hope that he's doing better by now. Sending him healing dust and positive vibes. Your parents are very special people. This is a stressful time for everyone so take care of yourself too.

Am traveling today, I've been in FL and now heading to SC, sending good thoughts to all and will check in soon.

Safe travels @junebug17.. xxxooo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Jimmianne, the truth.. thank you and btw sending you hugs and happy healing dust girl. xoxoxox

Missy, it is evident that the staff at the hospital loves you and wants you to have special treatment as much as we do!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 safe travels June.. missing the snow to come in the NE? I have to check more to see if the city is getting any snow. Hope you had a great time in FL.. SC sounds divine, we here in TX have had rain on and off, amazing, John's allergies are pathetic. :) all is normal here in Texas - again. after 5 glorious years up in no allergy land, we are BACK.. John informed me he needs his hankies washed, I said and I quote "HA HA HA" on that. ;-) again safe trip June. xoxox

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean Hope your drive was good and hope all is well your way and I am waiting for more updates on the new ring! xoxox

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results