shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean my brother had the 'glue' in his spine and it really helped his pain level.. I am thinking about the shoulder replacement, but I cannot have it done if there is ANY infection in my body like my jaw thingy so I have to really think about it, but in time the other shoulder will go too and then I'm in trouble, time will tell.

So sorry about all the treatment/tests etc you had to go through, I know we all want to be safe rather than sorry and I get it, but it is trauma/drama/PAIN when going through it.. so gla it was just plain old degenerative disc disease.. sorta, wish it were nada.

a good man Joanne.. he loves you. John loves me but he would never be that generous even if we had the money to do so.. his mom was a born New Englander and she had some bucks but amazingly(not) she was cheap as all heck. sad actually.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal and @Scandinavian luckily we haven’t had those days of subzero weather this year but I feel your pain. Fireplaces do help.

@Jimmianne I hope your eyes are doing well and you are feeling okay. How sweet of Tony to deliver your ring; it looks fabulous.

@Scandinavian sorry to hear about T; hope he is doing better. Is your mom’s chemo next week? Keeping her in my thoughts.

@missy sending good luck dust for Greg tomorrow with his knee surgery. Big hugs to both of you. Sweet pictures of the kitties. I am sure cookies would help Greg recover - wish I could drop by some fresh out of the oven cookies for him. I did enjoy my day off yesterday.

@junebug17 safe travels and have fun in Florida. I am sorry you have regrets about your mom but I know you did the best you could for her in a tough situation. I think it’s natural to rehash the past and wish we could have done things different or better. It’s so hard.

@Mamabean I have been to an orthopedic surgeon but it was years ago. My knee didn’t bother me last night for a change but started whining driving home tonight. Sorry to hear about your arthritis; I have degenerative arthritis. I hate to hear you foot bothers you so much. I had the orthoscopic surgery on both knees about 30 years ago to scrap the knee cap, remove the floating pieces and realign the the knee cap. Thank you for the compliment on my heart diamond. I am enjoying it. It’s a .80 carat I diamond; I can tell it’s a heart. I can’t wait to see all of your gorgeous bling. Degenerative disk disease sounds awful and sorry your foot, neck and shoulder hurt but yes that sounds better than cancer.

@Daisys and Diamonds and @AV_ sending you wishes for a lovely day.

@Tekate - what a great new name. It’s nice to find a stylist you like. I think women and our maternal instincts always kick in and we think we can always do better - maybe it’s because we care and want the best for those we love? I’m with you that I need to lose weight; hoping the weight lifting helps there. It sounds like you’ve had pain for years with your hips but glad you decided to get them replaced and that has worked out well. Your shoulders sound very painful. I am pretty sick of my knee pain but since I am allergic to the world I worry about having something foreign put in my knee. Good luck with getting your house started.

@Austina good idea being careful with your knee at the gym. I am not very aggressive at adding weights either; no point hurting myself further. Snickerdoodles are quite tasty. Nice to get your groceries darn that it’s raining.

I had FOMO today - Marty’s sister didn’t leave until after lunch and I sure didn’t want to be at work. Oh well, they probably enjoyed catching up with each other. He took her in to see his gym. Since I didn’t want to be at work the day seemed to last forever. I did drive home at the perfect time to see a gorgeous sunset - we had a lot of layers of clouds and they were all glowing pink; sadly by the time I could have stopped somewhere to take a picture the glow was gone already.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Shout out to NIRDIs--much success on your surgery days! And for our friends taking medical treatments......

healing vibes across the miles--Sharon

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian sorry to hear about T; hope he is doing better. Is your mom’s chemo next week? Keeping her in my thoughts.
Yes, chemo on Monday. Hopefully the last run for now. In theory, the cancer might now have been put on hold for a while, allowing a pause in the chemo treatments. Actually, I think that will take a break either way, her body can’t take any more now.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy FriYAY.

@Jimmianne glad all went well yesterday and thank you for all the good wishes regarding Greg's surgery.

I’m sending lots of positive thoughts and good wishes for Greg’s surgery tomorrow @missy, I know it’ll be a long day for you waiting for it to be over and for him to be in recovery. I know it’s pointless saying try not to worry, but I’m sure he’ll be in good hands and will come through with flying colours. I will check in during the day to see if there’s any news, because I don’t want to bother you by emailing.

Thank you @Austina. And it is only ever a pleasure to hear from you offline too so please never hesitate to contact me for any reason. Hope you and Colin have a lovely day. Hugs.

@missy Please tell Greg that I hope he has a smooth operation tomorrow...I hope he had a speedy recovery too...It will be hard on you until he’s on his feet but I know you will be there for him like he is for you. Have you thought about getting a home nurse to come in and help for a bit each day?

Thank you Joanne. We do have a visiting nurse coming when he gets home from the hospital next week. Cannot wait to hear/see more of your bling updates. XO

@missy sending good luck dust for Greg tomorrow with his knee surgery. Big hugs to both of you. Sweet pictures of the kitties. I am sure cookies would help Greg recover - wish I could drop by some fresh out of the oven cookies for him. I did enjoy my day off yesterday.

Thank you @marcy. Big hugs to you too. And did someone say fresh cookies...:lickout:
XO

Shout out to NIRDIs--much success on your surgery days! And for our friends taking medical treatments......

Thank you @canuk-gal and we are experiencing some of your deep freeze weather now. Brrrrrrr. Stay warm. Hugs.

@missy: Good luck to Greg today!

Thank you @Scandinavian. XO.

@bling_dream19 hope newlywed life is going very well. XO.

@AV_ hope you are having a wonderful week and looking forward to a nice weekend.

@Daisys and Diamonds how are you doing?

@junebug17 hope you are/will be enjoying warm weather and a relaxing time away.

@Tekate glad things are coming along. Before you know it your dream home will be ready. Time is moving fast. How is Autie feeling? Is she all better I hope! Hugs.

OK ladies, have a happy friYAY and see you soon. Off to the hospital in a few hours and then the waiting game begins. Stay warm and have a lovely day.

Leaving you with a photo of my Cartier Black Opal to brighten up the morning.

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 4.14.59 AM.png

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Missy--thinking of you and hoping all goes well today with Greg's surgery.
Hi NIRDIs--sorry I have not been very active on the thread but rest assured I read everything!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Lots of positive vibes heading across the ocean to you and Greg today @missy. Hopefully he’ll be first up on the list, and it’ll soon be over and you can breath again.

I’ll never tire of see your beautiful opal, isn’t Mother Nature wonderful, it’s a piece of art. :kiss2:

Hi @springerspaniel I just love the expression on your doggie’s face, so knowing and intelligent.

Oh @Mamabean, what an ordeal, I can’t imagine the stress you must’ve been under waiting for the results. It seems strange to be saying what a relief that it was ‘only’ a degenerative disc condition. I’m sure your DH enjoys spoiling you, so enjoy it. I know patience is a virtue, but I’m not the only one anxiously awaiting your finished projects :lol:

I hope you’ve woken up this morning to a clearer world @Jimmianne, take good care of yourself while you’re recovering.

Your poor mother @Scandinavian, I’ll be keeping everything crossed for her that it will be the last chemo on Monday. She’s been very brave dealing with this ordeal and deserves some respite to recover, she’s lucky to have such a good daughter to help her through this. Hope little T is doing ok.

I meant to say that we watched For all mankind on AppleTV @marcy, it’s about the space programme but based on the premise that the Russians got to the moon first, it was an interesting twist, and we enjoyed it. Hope the day goes quickly at work today.

Glad you’ve got another meeting next week and can sort out any issues with the house @Tekate. Hopefully, you’ll have a plan and price you’re happy with and can get things moving along. You’re not alone in thinking that maybe we could’ve done things better as mothers, but hey, our kids didn’t turn out to be axe murderers, so we must’ve done something right!

Hope you’re having a great time @junebug17 and enjoying good weather and relaxing times.

I hope you get a break in the weather @canuk-gal, stay safe and warm.

Any plans for exploring this weekend @AV_?

We’ve just got back from the gym, it was really hard work today :shifty: Is it bad to say I’m glad that’s over for this week:mrgreen: ?

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
just stopping in for a moment.. Last night the last thing on my mind was Missy and Greg. Missy, send Greg my love and a hug, tell him when they tell him to get up and go to PT he has to, take his pain meds faithfully, and he will be so happy in 6 weeks.

Sending truly healing dust and prayers for safety through the whole operation and recovery. Sending love.

Kate

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending good wishes everything goes smoothly for Greg @missy.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Scandinavian thank you, best haircut I've had in years! xoxo

@missy Oh Missy we as mother's tend to only view the sad side of a situation, when I think about being Mike's mom I always mention to him how bad I was and he ALWAYS get's mad and says "stop mom' it was a time in my life when I was a teen and I AM SORRY not you mom.. he's a great son, I cannot get the guilt out of my head most times, BECAUSE we as women feel guilty for everything, Fred, the fearless and finest cat, YOU DID YOUR BEST absolute best to give him the best life Missy, I understand your feelings when you said "haunted" jeezus do I understand that, with my baby Daisy I should have released her earlier, but I didn't I couldn't and I regret till this day. But be nice to yourself be good to yourself.. We are here for reasons and yours is a wonderful one, you are a good good person, so rare today. xoxoxo on that, bask in the love Fred gave you.. he's was gorgeous.. @Austina and @junebug17 and you have terrible loss, I know Austina is still very sad and Junie too.. we are family here on this board.. we all support each other.. I always say old Kate the GREAt is a lucky woman.. How's Greg? rainy right now here in Georgetown TX.. house at a standstill Missy but hopefully next week we meet with the architect AGAIN and we move on to talking with the builder.. I cannot afford more than we said we could to him to build, there is a 3,000 sq ft requirement for the subdivision so we could cut maybe 100feet I dunno, I knew I'd hate this and we haven't done squat. pfffffffft and meh meh.. :) hope everything is going well in the city girl. Marvelous Missy! be good to yourself, you are so good to everyone else. xoxoxo

@Slick1 thinking of you! xoxoxo

@marcy Hi MARCY!! thank you for your compliment on my hair, it looks better than it has for years but i need to lose lose weight :) xoxoxoxo

@Jimmianne don't read this, but glad all went well :) xoxoxoxo

@AV_ hi, catching up is always my goal.. trying too, hope weather is beautiful. sending good vibes your way! xoxoxoxo

@Mamabean love again your new stuff, I wish my husband were as generous as yours but we gave up the bucks to retire and I'm sure I live very comfortably and I am very lucky to have this life so there are no complaints really, but I do love all your stuff and think your husband loves you very much and in his way loves to make you happy! xoxoxoxo Joanne my experience with osteoarthritis is not what yours was, in the beginning my right hip hurt when I got into my ford explorer, as time went on (years) it hurt to open my leg past a certain then it become unbearable pain, at first I limped a bit at the end b4 my replacement I could not walk on it, so bad was the pain that I got a cane and I had to get a grocery cart as soon as I could to even go grocery shopping.. One time b4 I could bring myself to have the operation I was in the grocery store hobbling and leaning and a woman came up to me and asked me if I had hip pain? YUP.. she told me that she had had her hip replaced when it became unbearable to walk, where I was now, now I had been going to my orthopedic surgeon for almost 2 years getting vicodin (which was much easier then) and living with it because I couldn't bring myself to do such a major surgery, the woman's story convinced me and I went to my doc the next week and scheduled the surgery and 2 years later I did the other hip b4 it was as bad, now my shoulder is gone, my right one, left one starting, my sports doc lady in Maine told me, uh it's time to get a shoulder replacement p/t doesn't work anymore, vicodin does but it's hard to get they only give a little blah blah.. so I am at the point now where I am considering the shoulder replacement, I cannot move my right arm past right below my mammaries :) of course my left arm I can move all the way, it's constant pain and it wakes me up at night, so my experience is different, osteoarthritis is not necessarily the bane of old age it's gene's and weight and use.. I mean seriously I was never a softball pitcher or something my shoulder just deteriorated as did my hips, although my surgeon (I called him Jack the quack) said my hips looked like a professional basketball players xrays and asked me if I had played in college or HS.. lol, nooo. mine is genetic and weight. so everyone is different I know and lucky you to have no more pain! xoxoxoxox

gonna post this one because the site is telling me someone posted :) xo

Your new haircut looks beautiful on you Kate the Great @Tekate

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean my brother had the 'glue' in his spine and it really helped his pain level.. I am thinking about the shoulder replacement, but I cannot have it done if there is ANY infection in my body like my jaw thingy so I have to really think about it, but in time the other shoulder will go too and then I'm in trouble, time will tell.

So sorry about all the treatment/tests etc you had to go through, I know we all want to be safe rather than sorry and I get it, but it is trauma/drama/PAIN when going through it.. so gla it was just plain old degenerative disc disease.. sorta, wish it were nada.

a good man Joanne.. he loves you. John loves me but he would never be that generous even if we had the money to do so.. his mom was a born New Englander and she had some bucks but amazingly(not) she was cheap as all heck. sad actually.

@Tekate John (your money too though) bought you your beautiful Ever. He also understands your love for bling. Mine doesn’t understand it but is happy I love it. I think park of his way of thinking is
that I let him have a normal life while I took care of the children and David.
When David was born and I had to do really major things to help him..he worked late and didn’t give me the support I could have used at the time. I’ve toughened up and am much stronger now because of it. I think he carries guilt..and he wants to somehow make up for it. I was angry with him at the time but now that I’m older I realize some people are just not good copers. He’s not....He knows how I love bling and wants me to enjoy it. I forgave him for deserting me when I needed him but I still think about it. He loves me..no doubt..I think he now realizes what he didn’t do to help.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate John (your money too though) bought you your beautiful Ever. He also understands your love for bling. Mine doesn’t understand it but is happy I love it. I think park of his way of thinking is
When David was born and I had to do really major things to help him..he worked late and didn’t give me the support I could have used at the time. I’ve toughened up and am much stronger now because of it. I think he carries guilt..and he wants to somehow make up for it. I was angry with him at the time but now that I’m older I realize some people are just not good copers. He’s not....He knows how I love bling and wants me to enjoy it. I forgave him for deserting me when I needed him but I still think about it. He loves me..no doubt..I think he now realizes what he didn’t do to help.

At least you are wise even if he wasn’t at the time. I guess everyone copes differently and ... Oh well. At least his work gave you enough money to help you work less (I really hope!) and for some major bling! (Sorry, bad bling humour lol). My husband works a lot too. But I know he loves me and would quit in a heartbeat if I asked him to. But he likes his job. So for now I’m grateful it gives me the opportunity to work less and care for my mother / grandmother/children/dogs :P2 Silver linings, right?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy I am thinking about you and Greg. I know surgery is so scary but he is good hands and he's strong and will recover well and quickly. And I love your leggings! Trying to figure out the animal on them? Lol sometimes I need help.
@marcy your upsized heart is just beautiful! I love the setting too.
@Austina your heart pendant is just gorgeous! I hope you're doing well and having fun at Costco! I know I am!
@Jimmianne I'm glad your eye surgery went well and hope you are resting. I love your new setting for your diamond - looks really beautiful on you.
@Scandinavian I adore your pink diamond halo on your stunning diamond! Thinking about you and your mom and what you are going through and sending you hugs for comfort and quick healing.
@Mamabean I cannot believe what you've gone through. Your husband really loves you. I hope you're not in back pain or any kind of pain. Jewelry can brighten any day and I hear you PS being therapy and a cheery distraction. And I'm with you on, I should be cleaning my house but I'm distracted by bling! We have to channel our inner @marcy when doing chores.
@junebug17 I hope you are doing well, sounds like you've working hard at the gym and it's time for a rest.
@Daisys and Diamonds my dh and I walked by Stone Pony New Year's day and I thought of you. I didn't bring my phone with me that day. I just love how much you love Springsteen!
My house is a slight disaster. I've got to clean and organize this weekend. It's a combo of suitcases, Christmas, wedding, thank you's, clothes to put away. Basically this will be our first weekend home in about 5 weeks. We are adjusting to married life :kiss2: my dh always says he just wants to make me happy. I think I'm finally getting that.
Love and hugs to all.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean Bittersweet for you. Just to say, we do what we have to o as mothers. My husband is a PITA about money :) our money. I'm not sure John really get's my love of bling altho I have explained it several times. BUT he loves me and loves that I am happy AND it makes him feel successful, that he could afford to give me EVER. Funny guy in ways.

I know several women who's husband's travelled incessantly during their kids young years and one has a special anger at her hubster, much more than just the traveling, also the lack of engagement with their 3 kids. The other now travels incessantly with him now that their 2 kids ar adults. My husband has mellowed since I started going out with him when he was 34, waaaay mellowed. I suppose it's all the testosterone he lost! as he aged.. but it's still 'john's universe' I accept this and do not try any more to appease, cajole, walk around him, I just be me and ignore him and do what I want to do. :) it works for us...

You and Missy are my especial heroes. :) xoxoxoxo a good woman and great mom and great wife.. lucky your family.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I have given up on hairdressers and do my hair myself.
Indeed. The unexpected cuts I do, I would have sued for.

We’re waiting in pre-op now.
... I might have thought that Greg is trying out dresses, before reading your caption, that is. Fingers crossed for you both!

@Jimmianne Enjoy the local radio ,)

Obviously, I will never catch up.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I’m back.
Wow, Cataract surgery was a breeze! Quite a positive experience and I can SEE. I had not been aware of how poor my vision really was, how carefully I had been navigating the world.
Thank you for all your good wishes, and I had to laugh at the comments to stop reading and get off the computer. So true, I was a bad patient to even check in yesterday, but how could I not be in touch???

All thoughts are with Greg today. I was given the same good luck socks for surgery yesterday, so this seems a big sign that all will go smoothly.
Missy, love that photo, quite an expression of a dear couple. I wish we could all be up there for you, but hope it helps a little to know that we are there in spirit with you today! <3 <3 <3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news @Jimmianne, so glad the world is a clearer place for you now.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has anyone heard from @missy? I’m worried..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Bittersweet for you. Just to say, we do what we have to o as mothers. My husband is a PITA about money :) our money. I'm not sure John really get's my love of bling altho I have explained it several times. BUT he loves me and loves that I am happy AND it makes him feel successful, that he could afford to give me EVER. Funny guy in ways.

I know several women who's husband's travelled incessantly during their kids young years and one has a special anger at her hubster, much more than just the traveling, also the lack of engagement with their 3 kids. The other now travels incessantly with him now that their 2 kids ar adults. My husband has mellowed since I started going out with him when he was 34, waaaay mellowed. I suppose it's all the testosterone he lost! as he aged.. but it's still 'john's universe' I accept this and do not try any more to appease, cajole, walk around him, I just be me and ignore him and do what I want to do. :) it works for us...

You and Missy are my especial heroes. :) xoxoxoxo a good woman and great mom and great wife.. lucky your family.

I pretty much do the same thing now @Tekate..He is getting more mellow as he’s getting older. I’m hoping his Zoloft kicks in pretty soon! :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results