carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ugh @mrs-b, I’m so sorry that you’ve been, and are still going through, such an ordeal with your health, and trying to get some resolution and relief. I wish I could do or say something construction that would health. As it is, I can only say, take care and send you healing vibes. I’m so glad you’ve had company to help you through this awful time.

Woohoo @missy, so glad your lovely nieces have got their boosters. The sun shining makes all the difference, even when it’s cold. It’s chilly here, and we‘ve had some much needed rain. Yep, we’re keeping everything crossed the windows arrive and are installed this week.

What’s the next item you’re thinking of knitting @marcy? I used to knit a lot and really enjoyed it, I still have my needles and maybe I’ll take it up again someday. I’m glad you’re enjoying your retirement, it’s great isn’t it?

Hi @Bayek, please don’t worry, life is busy and has a way of whizzing by. We’ve had a major delay with the windows, back at the beginning of November, we were told they were on a 12 week back order due to supply issues. Everything was going pretty well until then. Sheetrock is piled high in the garage waiting to be installed after the windows go in. We were told they were going in last week, but nope, every house except ours got their windows (all built after ours). Hopefully this week! It doesn’t get any easier losing our beloved doggos, but I think we’ve reluctantly come to the conclusion we won’t have another, we’ll look after Bertie whenever we’re needed. How exciting to be upgrading Ever, especially as it’s so unexpected.

We’re not going to go up to the house until Wednesday, which is the day the window installers said they ’should’ be installing ours. We’re then going to Fredericksburg for a couple of days.

Sending big love and hugs to you all. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I especially have to pause and think what day of the week it is when I wake up. Not that it matters but you know I must keep engaging my mind. Ha Ha. So since you say Oliver is a character I take it he still keeps you and Greg on your toes, I like anyone like that even if it’s a sweet kitty. I always enjoy your pictures.

@Bayek I am so sorry to hear about Salley. Big hugs to you. That is sad to hear your friend Kath still isn’t doing well. Hoping she starts getting better! I love the picture of Auti with her cowboy hat - she has grown but is still a cutie. Ooh how fun to begin the hunt for a replacement for Ever. You mentioned wanting updates - my news is I’m retired which means I’m swearing off my impulse jewelry buying but I wouldn’t place bets on that. Ha Ha.

@Austina one of my nieces is pregnant so I’m looking for some baby stuff to make. I had a pattern for crochet tennis shoe baby booties that I can’t find or I’d make those for sure. It keeps me off the computer and iPad. Yes, retirement is great. Have a nice time on your trip.

I didn’t do much today but seemed to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I made cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham for lunch. I even made it through slicing up 3 potatoes without having a knifing incident. Woo hoo! I got my February article for the paper done and emailed out. My outing for the day was walking over to the mailbox. Angry Birds are still teasing me. Someone has a commercial now with Angry Birds that keep hitting someone’s house - I told Marty even commercials at teasing me now.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
whoopsey, I forgot to mention I'm on the hunt for an upgrade to Ever.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:, you did read that correctly. John wants to upgrade Ever since I complain about the 'yellow hue' the I color emantes when I look at it, he mentioned it not me! it's the quest never the end eh girls? So far WF has nothing I'm interested right now AND diamonds are redic expensive, so it's a watching game.

:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:I’m so excited for you!!!

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I done did it....
I said hey I'm treating myself and totally blew my diet.
Blood sugar 2 hours after eating 260, high but comparable to when I started is okish.
Next day feeling guilty had 10 carbs the entire day, feeling dizzy and weird about an hour after dinner. Do the usual:
o2 flowing - check
Lungs clear - check
o2 levels ok - check
Blood sugar 55..ah not good.
Grab a candy bar I have been resisting for months. Yummy.
15 min later blood sugar ok, hour later still ok, tell my wifey im ok 2000 times in that hour and 15min, all is well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM everyone and wishing everyone a terrific Tuesday!

@marcy yes Oliver keeps us on our toes lol. Congrats on your nieces pregnancy! Cheesey scalloped potatoes sound yummy. I have been quite the "chef" myself lately. Remember I was watching (and still am actually) lectures every day? Well some of them had recipes I had to try. I made homemade apple sauce and it is a big hit. Greg loves it (and so do I) so much so that we almost ate all the applesauce I just made Saturday with 10 apples. This time I am going to get granny smith apples (more sour so more pectin when cooked) and try that. And I didn't burn the house down or cut myself woohoo.

@Bayek I am so sorry about Salley. Gentle hugs and all my love to you. There are no words to fill the void of her loss. But you know you gave her the best life possible and she knew how much she was cherished and loved and vice versa. I am so very sorry.

I am glad Auti is feeling better. What a crazy pandemic this is and never ending too. Auti is precious and growing up even more beautiful if that is possible. Sending you and the entire family lots of well wishes and healing hugs.

And woohoo Ever upgrade. Super excited for you and we are here to wait and watch with you. XOXO

@Austina fingers crossed the windows get installed Wednesday. I am feeling good about this possibility and my spidey senses are saying it will happen. Fingers crossed though since we are in very unusual times.

@bling_dream19 hope you had a good Monday sweet friend.

@Slick1 how is everything and how are you doing?

@mrs-b thinking good thoughts for you and sending bucketloads of healing dust each and every day.

@Karl_K good for you! I am thinking of getting a CGM because my fasting blood sugar has been rising and I want to see what it is doing during the day and week. But part of me doesn't want to know. Continued well wishes being sent your and your wife's way.

@sarahb hope everything is OK with you. Thinking of you.

@springerspaniel I totally get it. Not the same situation but I decided to retire because the clinic had changed and admin wasn't allowing sufficient time per patient and I was tired of fighting with them all the time. I still gave my all to my patients and spent the time necessary to do my best with them but I got tired of playing defense and offense with admin. So it was time. I wasn't planning on retiring at a relatively young age. I loved what I did and was planning on working at least a few more years. And ironically when I gave my notice admin pleaded with me not to leave. I mean they really tried getting me to stay but it just was time for me. And all because medicine was changing. I felt I was done because I was just tired of the battles. Healthcare has changed in many places and not for the better. With big corporations running it mainly as big business and less emphasis on quality care as I see it. I know your patients will miss you. Anyway I feel like this is a great move for you and I am sending you all my best and lots of hugs for a happy career to come. I hugged the cats for you and please hug Freddie and Clyde from me. XOXO.

@MamaBee good morning. I think it prudent to go slow and weigh all the options. Things are changing fast. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. We enjoyed a good hike yesterday. Another nice weather day but the temps are dropping this week and we are expecting a big storm. I had my Zoom call yesterday and it lasted 3 hours. I do not know how the 4 of us can talk for 3 hours but it goes so fast. In fact the days continue to fly by. Trying to savor every moment and make it last.

When we hike here there are so many geese. I always think of you @rainwood. They sure are noisy. OMG. I wonder what they are saying to each other?

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 5.43.00 AM.png

And everything is still frozen despite the warmer temps these past few days. And it will all stay frozen as the temps are dropping and snow is coming Friday into Saturday... right now that is what is predicted...

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 5.42.15 AM.png

Stay warm and cozy and safe and well. XOXO.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina Oh everything here is backorder Austina, have you gotten on your pool builder's list? I heard (maybe from you ha!) that they are 10 mos out on starting pools. I know we are all either busy or stuck in for covid, but it was so wonderful to see you a few months ago and once life get's in order we will meet for lunch! Hi to Colin.

@marcy thank you Marcy, Autumn is tall! I miss Salley :( I cannot get another dog now, just toooo much. In a while. Not slicing and dicing one's finger is ALWAYS my goal too, glad you made it. Looking forward to hearing about the new baby on the way.

@missy Yum on the applesauce, my mom made it sometimes and I LOVED how much cinnamon she put in it (not like that Motts stuff :) ) I hope everyone in your family is doing well, I did see a mention on your Dad, is he okay? Glad the girls got their booster, how's Greg, thank you for thinking of me and my Salley Missy, it REALLY meant a lot to me, I was so shocked and in the down side of life, but now I just feel that I'll see her again. Pix are gorgeous as usual. Chris said Brooklyn is an ice box (he actually said it's like a freezer but I like ice box better and I doubt he'd get it if I said 'you mean as cold as an icebox'? :kiss2:

@MamaBee OMG on your emerald cut diamond ring, I told hubster about it and he couldn't believe that Costco sold rings, I guess he misses every time we used to go in I'd run either to jewelry or the eye center.. men. Your taste is impeccable and it's supremely gorgeous.. Shotzie is a good hubster. I hope all the sons and grands are well Mamabee. You had the I coor ACA right? and you felt it was a bit too yellowy (as in I didn't expect that much for an I) and I have to go back on posts but I think you were going to upgrade to a G or H? anyway I think you understand why - although I do love EVER, Ever sometimes looks yellowy in a lot of lighting, that's okay and I dont think I would mind it at all in an OEC but it does bug me, what did DF used to say: "There's eyeclean and there's mind clean" and boy that resonated to me since Ever became mine.. I miss DF and am terribly sad he died. The man was strong, his posts were always entertaining, such a loss here. Anyway, hope you and all are feeling AOK.

@junebug17 Hola dear lady.
@Scandinavian Were be you girl?
@mrs-b so nice to see you and hope your back is doing better.
@Slick1 I cannot say enough about your new puppy, getting big but so danged adorable. :)

today was my dentist who took out an old crown and put in a temp and in 2 weeks I should have a new crown, this took has a nerve in it, so when he sticking he hit the nerve and I about jumped out of the chair, but I do like this man, he's young and his daughter is the same age as Autumn and her name is Autumn too! He's already had another baby (Austin, one wonders why one names their child Austin when they live in the Austin metro area, but they do and all the time, if Mike & Cara ever had another baby and it's a boy I hope they don't name him Austin. You guys all know about my bestie Kath, last week she had a new grandchild his name is Theodore, I love Theo, Teddie but I don't know what he's going to call his son. So here I go - off on a tangent. It's nice to come by and see how everyone is doing.. Maybe life will get
better and better.

my dentist, there's a pic of him, his wife (her name is Summer! his Autumn and baby Austin) https://www.thesmiledocatx.com/

off to make mac n cheese!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EWWW I have to say I really dislike this new and unimproved PS, I suppose I am an old grump but seriously it looked a LOT more professional before this baloney.

I hope everyone is well, happy and I'm trying to be happier and nicer :) (so far I failed above but REALLY!) :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Bayek I thought I mentioned it but I didn’t. I’m sorry Autie has Covid. It sounds like she‘s doing okay..TG..

I’m also so sorry about Callie..It’s so heartbreaking. I don’t know if you know that Bailey passed away in July. It was the first time I ever saw my husband cry. We can’t get another one. I think our hearts would shatter.

They don’t sell the ring in Costco..They sell the pricey ones online. I was just browsing to see what they had when I saw the ring. I just about died. It was everything I wanted..and the price was amazing for what it is. All of the diamonds have GIA certificates..so it was easy to go for it.

Yes..The ACA I had before Winter was an I. It looked white face up but it looked yellow when I tilted it. I knew I was going to upgrade it when I first got it. I planned on getting a G which is what I thought my 2.03 Libby was. It was originally graded by AGS to be a G. Every appraiser said it was an F though..Well it was an F. I sold it to Abe Mor who sent it to GIA to get it regraded. I looked for a G ACA but they didn’t have anything other than an F in the 3 carats. I had it sent to GIA who also graded it as an F. I’m happy with it now. I would have been happy with a G though..If I got an H like @mrs-b I would have been happy. I just need to get it reset…That will happen next year. I can’t wait for you to get your upgrade.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee No I didn't know about Bailey but I know how much you loved Bailey, I am truly bereft for you, God we love these gifts from above and when they go to rainbow ridge it just hurts.. But I will add I know your mom is in a place where they will take good care of her J but your life must be somewhat easier.

Hubster cried for hours about Salley, she really was his dog, she followed him everywhere, he had his screensaver pix as a picture of him rubbing her tummy, seriously not his granddaughter, not his WIFE! not our boys, nope, Salley, truly I was happy that he loved her so much. They are such gifts.

I'm going to go back and find out what you did with your stones and WF doesn't have much of a selection right now for what I'm hoping to find.

So nice to talk again.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@Bayek, YES! We will definitely get together once both our lives are more settled. Glad Autie is doing OK, oh the resilience of the young! I’m glad you’ve managed to find a good dentist, and I hope this will be the beginning of the end of all the treatment you’ve undergone.

Isn’t it amazing how quickly the time goes by when you’re chatting @missy? Shirley and I used to regularly gab for 3 hours on a Sunday before we even realised :lol: Glad your weather was warm enough to get out yesterday and enjoy Mother Nature.

Glad your cooking was injury free @marcy :mrgreen: Marty should pay you danger money for preparing any meal for him! Honestly, once you start playing games online, it’s so easy to waste a lot of time.

We had a lovely chat with our friends this morning, they said it’s really cold there ATM. We’re going to stop by the house tomorrow to see if the windows have arrived, then head on to Fredricksburg. I probably won’t be around till we get back on Friday.

Stay safe and warm :wavey:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs. B hang in there. In these times we all have to be advocates for our healthcare.Iknow you and Tim are very strong. But globally healthcare has become crap. Myhusband had two awful ED experiences this year and if the hospital was not close and insurance would not balk, I would change hospitals and our primary doctors that have privileges there. I used to be a nurse at that hospital and now the level of care was pitiful. It is a teaching hospital too!Thank God I can advocate for our family.
I had my yearly physical last month and just basic blood work was ordered. No Urine analysis. My physical was a joke. It took longer for the nurse to get vitals and a weight than the physical. The doctor did not even palpate my abdomen. She asked mandatory questions re domestic violence and depression in a very rudimentary way. If there had been an issue in this area, she seemed she would not care. She just checked my lungs and ears and listened to my heart. No extremity reflexes check, no balance test, no grip strength tests, nada. I have arthritis requiring meds and she did not check out a single joint other than my right hip.She asked if I felt ok except for my hip pain and I told her to look at a suspicious mole ( she said was ok) and that was it. She ordered a hip X-ray ( negative for hip but positive degenerative lower spine changes Which is new). I am over 60 years old,
overweight and she was not too concerned and said everyone gained weight over COVID lockdowns.
Sorry had to vent…
Missy, I feel so bad about your experiences too. You are so knowledgeable and would be an ideal patient as you are so in tune with your health and the treatments out there.
The USA had such great health care, the best mdiagnostic tools and equiptment, doctors trained to order tests and diagnostic procedures to find the answers. We did not have to wait months to have a doctors appointment or a procedure done. Our doctors had privileges at the hospital and not replaced by hospital it’s who are employees of the hospital and are trained to minimize cost and provide economical care. IMHO, the decline started well before COVID.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Karl_K good for you! I am thinking of getting a CGM because my fasting blood sugar has been rising and I want to see what it is doing during the day and week. But part of me doesn't want to know. Continued well wishes being sent your and your wife's way.
Thank you.
In some ways I wish I could get one but then again it might just make it harder.
I cant take it a lot of times a day, my fingers are really sore even at once a day but try for a waking one from time to time.
The waking one has been close to or even higher than it was the night before 2 hours after dinner fairly often when I do the 2 of them so dont know what to think of that.
Towards the end of feb I do another a1c and Doc appointment so will see what happens then.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM everyone and it's wonderful Wednesday!

@Tekate are we using this screen name now? You know I love you and am sending so many good wishes your way and your family's way. Big hugs all around. Again my heart goes out to all of you on the loss of Salley. :(

@Austina fingers crossed for windows today. Have a safe trip.

@MamaBee I have been very patient. We need more photos pretty please. :)

@lambskin I share your frustrations. About healthcare. About all of it. Gentle hugs to you. And I could not agree more. Our decline in USA healthcare started before Covid. But Covid sure accelerated it. :(
Sending you well wishes and good health vibes.

Good morning @Karl_K.

Thank you.
In some ways I wish I could get one but then again it might just make it harder.
I cant take it a lot of times a day, my fingers are really sore even at once a day but try for a waking one from time to time.
The waking one has been close to or even higher than it was the night before 2 hours after dinner fairly often when I do the 2 of them so dont know what to think of that.
Towards the end of feb I do another a1c and Doc appointment so will see what happens then.

I get it. I do not want to puncture my finger at all because I have Dupuytren's and the hand surgeon and radiologist both warned me not to cut my hand in any way as it could make the Dupuytren's active and much worse. So I cannot do the finger puncture and hope my endocrinologist can get the CGM approved. If not I will see how realistic it is to get it on my own. Though as I wrote before I am not excited to do this.

Good luck at your doctors appointment in February. I know those can be very stressful and I hope you receive good news.

@Slick1 happy hump day. Hope the week is going smoothly.

@bling_dream19 how are you? Thinking of you. Hoping all is well.

@mrs-b I know you must be exhausted from the stress and the pain. I hope your pain has diminished and you can get the surgery you need ASAP. I hate Covid so much and mostly for the delayed health care associated with this pandemic but not having to do with Covid directly. So many casualties. :( Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good hike yesterday and most likely the last time we will be able to spend outdoors for a while. Extreme cold is coming and today is very cold. And snowstorm friday and saturday so we shall see. Today is errands day I think. Plus I am still watching many lectures from well respected specialists in the field. The lectures are fascinating and I am really enjoying them.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all. XOXO.
From our hike yesterday.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 7.27.08 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I’m sending vibes to your house so you get your windows today! I would be upset to have everyone’s windows go in except mine.
Have a great trip. I’ve never been to Fredericksburg. We lived in the Houston area. That was when David was first diagnosed with Autism so we didn’t go anywhere. Most of what we saw was when I was pregnant with David. I made two wonderful friends there though. The people in Texas were wonderful and friendly.

@Karl_K I cringed when you said you have to prick your fingers and it hurt. The tips of the fingers are one of the most painful areas in your body. I’m glad you got yourself straightened out. A candy bar cure sounds good to me! I hope it stays in the good range.

@missy I’m still trying to get Emmy insured. It’s a pita..I may know something by the end of the day. They don’t even call to let you know it’s insured. I have to either call them or see it pop up on the website. I don’t even know how much it will be. It would be easier under $30k..I think it has to go to the underwriters first which slows it down. I remember the days when I would call up and it would be insured before I left with it to get in the car. At that point in time they weren’t that expensive though..
As soon as it’s insured I’ll take it out and wear it..I’ll take pics then..This is funny…I was driving to Maryland last week after I got Emmy. I didn’t want to leave her home uninsured so I wore her on my right hand on the trip down. I wore Winter on my left hand. I noticed little balls of light shooting all over the dashboard and windows..It looked like a star shower. I finally figured out that it was Winter and Emmy shooting light (fire?) all over the car! :bigsmile:

The more you talk about your Dupuytrens..the more I think my surgeon was wrong. He never told me not to cut my hand. I did have the cord…one…My finger was bent for a year. I couldn’t straighten it out. I had a ball I could see and feel. It was small. I can actually still feel something like a ball below the incision but it’s flattened out. I’m sorry you have one more medical issue to deal with. Enough already..I wish you would get a break.. :wall:

Yesterday I decided to see how easy it would be to get a fourth vaccine. My card says three doses..no booster because I got it under immunocompromised. When I made that appointment online it asked if I was immunocompromised. I clicked no..I was still able to get it. If you remember when I got to the window the tech asked me if I had immune issues…I answered yes…I do..She asked me which one. I answered Basedow’s disease..which is an older term for Graves which I do have. Yes I was sneaky but I didn’t lie. To get the fourth one now I would have to click yes to get an appointment. I’m going to hold off for a bit…I really have trouble REALLY lying. I know I’m splitting hairs..
@marcy Your cheesy scalloped potatoes with ham sound delicious! Do you mind telling me how you make it? My husband would love it.
Hi to everyone else. XO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee that sucks but hopefully today you’ll get the update you want. Our insurance company is super responsive and literally insures my new bling that day. But I get why you aren’t switching. It wouldn’t make sense. Good luck! ♥️

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@MamaBee your new avatar caused me to do a double take. Have you decided on a setting for your 3 carat diamond yet? Nice that Winter and Emmy was giving you a fabulous light show in the car the other day. I have to ignore those shows in my car or I’d drive myself in to a ditch. I bake my ham and potatoes separately but I know you can cut up chunks of ham and just bake it in the scalloped potatoes. I found a recipe online but remember it okay. 3 pounds of potatoes sliced. Melt 2 T of butter in a pan over medium heat, add 2 T of flour to melted butter and whisk until thickened. Then stir in 1 1/2 c of milk and whisk together bringing to a boil, Reduce heat and simmer until thickened. You can add salt, better, onion, garlic, etc to taste. After thickened stir in 5 of cheese and stir until melted. Using 9 x 13 greased (I used butter) baking pan spread 1/4 of your sauce on the bottom, topped by 1/2 of the potatoes, cover with 1/2 of remaining sauce, repeat and bake covered at 325 for 1 1/2 hours then uncover and bake another 20 - 30 minutes until nicely browned on top. They were delicious!!! Good luck getting Emmy insured.

@Karl_K I hope you are feeling good today.

@missy too funny Oliver keeps you on your toes. I am sure I told you about my friend who had a very obnoxious cat when we were in college - he got me a few times and I picked him out at the shelter. He was all shy and by himself like the other kitties didn’t like him so I said awe pick him. I got many calls from her starting with “do you know what your cat did now?” Homemade applesauce is delicious. Marty has made it for us a few times. Yay you didn’t burn the house down or cut yourself. Beautiful photos from your chilly hike.

@Tekate you can’t fool me; I know who you are. Ha Ha. Auti is growing fast. I totally get not getting another pet just now, when you are ready you’ll know it. Big hugs to you. Yes, it’s a good thing when we can get through cutting something without cutting ourselves. I have a spot on my ring finger knuckle about the size of a BB - and I have no idea what I hit - it took off all the layers of skin too. I at least know it wasn’t a knife. Mmm Mac and cheese. How hard was it to get your crown off? Good luck with your temp crown and new crown. I only ask because I need one replaced but since it only minimally bothers me at times I’ve left it alone for year.

@Austina ha ha to get hazard pay when cooking. As klutzy as I am I need it walking too - especially on all this ice around here right now. I hope your windows arrived and have a lovely time on your trip.

@lambskin I am so sorry you had such a poor appointment with the doctor. Sound exactly like the guy I went to see. Pretty sad to get such indifference from someone you are looking to for help and guidance. Very frustrating.

We had maybe 4 - 5 more inches of snow. Our iceberg is growing out front. Marty sent me a text to meet him for breakfast after his more gym coaching and this time we met at the same place. Ha Ha. I did my 5th lesson for my online class when we got home and then watched some episodes of 24 on Prime. Marty was in meetings for work until well after 2 pm so we ate lunch rather late. He grilled some steaks for us and I made rice pilaf to go with it. I think I’ll just have fruit for supper as I’m not very hungry after a late lunch.

I dropped my iPad mini down 16 steps yesterday and it survived! I saw it bouncing down the steps and sadly when it fell I had the cover folded back so the screen had no protection. I landed face down on the carpet downstairs and I thought well that is history. There wasn’t a scratch on it. Yay for it being a stunt tablet. I had a standard size iPad as well but had the mini at work. Glad it survived.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee that sucks but hopefully today you’ll get the update you want. Our insurance company is super responsive and literally insures my new bling that day. But I get why you aren’t switching. It wouldn’t make sense. Good luck! ♥️

It’s not happening today! I did the dumbest thing...I had the appraiser lower the appraisal even after she argued with me that they can’t replace the ring for less than she quoted. When I uploaded the appraisal I uploaded the wrong one! I uploaded the one where it’s double..OMG..I need stronger reading glasses! It would look bad for the appraiser if I told them I had a lower one to swap out. I felt so bad that she begrudgingly redid the appraisal..and I didn’t even use it...that I emailed her to ask her to charge me more money because I didn’t even send them the right one. In my defense I have a lot going on at the moment. My brain is toast. The insurance agent on the phone said that it brought my limit over the ceiling amount. I may have to take something off or start another separate policy. I wasn’t planning on any jewelry anyway. There are a few items I wouldn’t mind taking off though..Most of my jewelry isn’t insured..

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout! I hope everyone is well and happy and warm!
@missy I'm doing fine, little quiet, sometimes in January I have this need to get things done so we've been busy around the house and taking care of things and doing a lot of thinking. Deep, I know lol! I love your pictures always and you always brighten my day. Lots of love to you sweet friend. How are Mary Ann and Ginger? I was just thinking about those gorgeous studs! I've been wearing a parka from Costco that I got on sale last year and it's soo warm I'm only wearing a shirt underneath and still am hot when I get home from my walk. Always think of you and your warm clothes and parka!
@MamaBee I love your new avatar! I keep thinking about your gorgeous Emmy! She looks stunning on you and truly meant to be for you! The insurance will get worked out for sure.
@Austina @marcy @Tekate @Slick1 @canuk-gal @springerspaniel hey girls! Glad to see you and your sweet granddaughter. I think we are all always looking at diamonds and just not sure if we are buying or not lol.
@mrs-b I am so sorry for the pain you are in and I hope you can get surgery if needed as low stress as possible. I can't believe what the hospital put you through. Hopefully the right time and the right surgeon will happen very soon. In the meantime, I hope your gorgeous sparkles, and your wonderful family, are keeping your spirits up. Hugs to you.
Quick shoutout! Love and hugs to all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM everyone! Reporting from the NE pre Blizzard. OMG it might be a big one. We shall see. The meteorologists just don't know for sure yet. 12" at least is predicted. Oy oy oy. Of course they cover their bases saying still a lot of uncertainty so could be even higher totals. And those winds are going to be 40 mph. That is the worst. Power outages when that happens. So fingers crossed the storm passes without doing damage. Next week it looks to be pretty good weather wise. LOL sorry for the long meteorology report. Just on my mind with the ferals outside.

@bling_dream19 aww thanks and right back at ya. Your posts are always full of cheer and warmth and brighten my day. And yes I love my warm parkas. I wear them most of the winter even if it is in the 40s. I like to be warm in winter. Mary Ann and Ginger are doing well haha. I lost one of their backs (cheap disc back) when I wasn't wearing them. It just disappeared. I think the cats had something to do with that. One word. Oliver. No three words. Gracie and Oliver. :lol: Thank goodness it was the cheap back and not the diamond. OMG. If it was the diamond I would be finding out just how good my home insurance is. @MamaBee

Ugh @MamaBee I am sorry for the snag. Thanks for letting me share last night. He ate a little today but we did give him Remeron and Cerenia so that probably was why. Praying he continues to eat. He was never a big eater so if he takes a few bites I am thrilled. Anyway wishing you much good luck with getting Emmy insured. That beauty needs to be worn. Alternatively send her to me and I will insure her and wear her til you can get it sorted out. :lol:
See what a good friend I am? :)

@marcy OMG same. I drop things often and glad the iPad survived. I dropped mine a few times from a distance of maybe more than 6' as I was on the treadmill and the cover cracked but the iPad remained intact. Whew. Haha yes cats can be a**h***s. Oliver is an a**ho** cat. But we love him. Speaking of homemade applesauce we finished the first batch so I went and got green apples yesterday at WF and am going to make more today. It won't be as sweet with granny smith apples but it will have lots of pectin which is why I made it in the first place so we shall see. I might add in some gala to sweeten the pot a bit. It wasn't easy finding green organic apples in the middle of winter here. But WF came to the rescue. TJs didn't have organic green.

@Tekate how are you doing and how is Auti feeling? Big hugs and lots of love.

@Austina hope the windows were installed yesterday and you are enjoying a lovely trip.

@Slick1 stay safe and hope our snowstorm isn't too bad.

Hi to everyone else.
Yesterday I had to go to WF and TJ. It is not easy eating healthfully. I mean I added a lot of different things to my daily diet. Root veggies for one. And not many places have organic root veggies. Yesterday afternoon Tommy stopped eating. Last time he did that he stopped for days and we thought it was the end. We brought him to Debbie who couldn't find anything wrong with him and she gave him a few injections. He bounced back. That was the day Greg's mom died. It was not a good time. But Tommy bounced back. We really thought it was the end for him. 19 months later and symptoms came back again. We gave him Remeron (appetite stimulant) and Cerenia (anti nausea) and at about 10PM he ate a little bit. And he ate a little bit this morning. Not sure what is going to happen when the meds wear off but praying he bounces back again. Never a dull moment around here.

Have a wonderful day all and leaving you with my cooked root veggies from yesterday. I am becoming quite (not lol) the chef. For me this is amazing. Haha.

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.01.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.01.38 AM.png

Sweet Tommy last night on the couch in between us.

XOXO.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@MamaBee your gorgeous ring is back as you avatar. I am so sorry about the insurance hassle. I hope you get that straightened out okay.

@bling_dream19 it sounds like you have been busy and I agree January is a great time to organize things.

@missy stay safe from the blizzard coming your way. Glad your iPad only cracked the case; I sadly drop my phone and iPad more frequently that I’d care to admit. Good deal you got more apples. I think the apple sauce Marty made was from granny smith apples; adding some gala to your sounds like a great mixture. I have some Mott’s apple sauce that I might eat today because that sounds really good. I hope Tommy is feeling better and ate something today.

@springerspaniel I hope you are doing well.

We had more snow overnight and this morning with a balmy high of 22 degrees. I had to run something to the bank so I picked up groceries while I was out. My clean car is not clean anymore.

I made it to level 212 on Angry Birds. Yay!

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good evening dear girls! :) (pretty artsy fartsy I am)..

I made pea soup today... our weather has been cold at night and chilly days and I had peas from last winter :) it's delicious and I'm so proud I made it!

Tomorrow I have the almost a kid (no longer toddler) Autumn Marie for the WHOLE DAY, she has missed much of daycare/school due to her covid and tomorrow is her the end of her covid 10 day quarantine but her daycare/pre school is closed for a teacher workday so Cara asked me if I'd like to watch Auti as my son has been more or less not working the days she works so he's quite behind and I said "of course!". Tomorrw Auti and Grannie will make a coffee cake! pix to come..

@Austina yes dear lady, soon as this frickin' covid and life get's in order we will hang out! mucho love to Colin and your son and DIL! pix of the house?? xoxox

@MamaBee thank you dear lady, my grand girl is fine now, I so appreciate your words, I truly do.. again that emerald cut diamond ring is FANTASTIC and a great catch and looks so great on you.. it's totally awesome. xoxoxo

Right now Ever is NOT insured, jeeze Louise it was 400.00$ a year when we moved from Maine to here, they said I lived in a high crime area here in Liberty Hill???! I was shocked, seriously this is a burb of Austin full of farming, horses and up and coming subdivisions, crime?? we are considered rural.. so for the time being I stopped the insurance.. I was pissed, when I lived in Maine it was nominal.. what PITA.

@marcy :) the crown, ugh, he shot me up and hit a nerve and I thought "Okay this is it: I'm dead" he's a great guy but I am so sick and tired and scared of the teeth peeps I almost want to just not smile and hope for the best. My sister had not gone to a dentist in years before she died, her teeth were REALLY messed up at her death but she was so scared and scared that she couldn't do it, at the time (before her death) I thought 'god Gen you're cuckoo' but now I get it. Oh I am the KaTE is GrEAt :) xoxoxox
(give Marty a hug)..

@missy the MARVELOUS Missy, the MAGNIFICENT Missy, the MIGHTY Missy, my friend Missy :) the Blizzard coming.. I did not mention it to my son today as he thinks I am OVER PREOCCUPIED with the weather, like all old people :) so I hope to hell he has enough food to get thru this storm.. SMH Missy.. You and Greg have a great fireplace, a love that knows no abounds, lovely kids and a view so you guys will fare well! So MY Missy, the kindnest person I know, you WILL take cover and you will do your best to take care of your kids and the ferals because Missy you and Greg are the best.. Tommy is so sweet Missy, such a sweetie, your root veggies look damn good girl! love you. xoxoxoxo

@springerspaniel hello Springer S, THANK YOU, as I am sure you know, it's a pain one cannot even express.. My Sassy, my Salley Walley, my most beautiful, sweet, kind, loving, dog, left us, it's too hard to even think about at times.. loved that dog and boy she loved us.. I am lucky to have been a mom to this marvelous animal, maybe not even worthy, she was wonderful so SS thank you so much.. you know. xoxox

@Calliecake hi and hola :) xoxoxo

@Scandinavian Hi and miss ya!

@AV_ where are you! xo

Okay girls, Auti is feeling supersonic, so super as I said above I'm going to be with her ALLDAY tomorrow, so my back wil be screwed up for 2 days at least after tomorrow, well worth it though Laides and gent.

So here's my soup, and it's delish. Edit: Added: it looks like a frying pan of soup! it's actually a big pan of soup... there's ham hocks in there, onion, carrots and celery a bay leaf and a bunch of lemon juice.. it takes awesome!

1643333709940.png

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 hello lady! thank you so much.. hope all is well in your neck of the USofA! great to see you again!.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@Austina, I was so glad to read that Shirley is doing well. I hope things pick up with the house and the windows get put in. Nice that you're getting away and I hope you are having a great time in Fredericksburg.
Hi @Tekate! I'm so sorry about Salley, losing a furbaby is just horrible. Very glad to see Auti has recovered and is doing well. Adorable pic of her! Have fun with her tomorrow. Great to hear you and the family are doing well, although sorry about the rough time at the dentist. I love seeing that you're getting an upgrade, keep us posted!
@mrs-b, you have definitely been through the wringer lately and I'm sorry to hear about your back and all the issues with your medical care. I hope things start going more smoothly for you and you can have your surgery soon.
@missy, it's great you're finding ways to stay occupied indoors during cold weather. Being productive feels good and helps pass the time. I'm sorry Tommy isn't eating and I hope his appetite picks up very soon.
@MamaBee, sorry you're having a hard time insuring your new ring, it does sound like a real pain. Emmy is just gorgeous! I hope you can get your 4th vaccine as soon as possible.
Hi @bling_dream19 , good to hear things are going well with you.
@springerspaniel, sorry your last few weeks at work have been rough for you. I love Wordscapes! Have you tried Wordle? If you like Wordscapes I think you'll enjoy it.
@marcy, so glad you're enjoying retirement! Sounds like you're keeping busy and having a good time. I agree with Calliecake, the day you got your EC was such a fun day, and a happy memory for me. Congrats on your niece's pregnancy, that's wonderful.
@canuk-gal, sorry to hear about your mom's fall and I hope she is doing ok. Sounds like work has been crazy for you lately, I hope things settle down soon.
I'm sorry you are dealing with such a complicated medical condition @Karl_K, sending good wishes to you and I hope your February appointment goes well.

Everything is good with me, dh and the kids are doing well. Dh and I have been in South Carolina for a while, dh is working from home right now so we figured we might as well stay for now. We'll probably be back in NJ in a week or two. I've been keeping busy and my sister is close by so we've been getting together. Mostly just hanging out and drinking coffee lol. She's been trying out some new recipes so we've been doing that together at her house. It's fun and I get to go home with something for dinner!

I hope everyone has a relaxing and restful weekend! <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!

Tommy is eating yay! Fingers crossed he continues doing well.

So now predicted totals are 18" by us. OMG.

@Tekate love you too! Haha I have always been weather obsessed. Greg too. We are well matched that way. I am a junior meteorologist lol. I LOVE the weather and I love talking about it what can I say. I was born an old soul. :) That soup looks good. I cooked yesterday too. I made new applesauce with green and red organic apples. It is delish if I say so myself. OMG did you say coffee cake? That is one of my favorite cakes of all time. I LOVE coffee cake. This is a photo of my applesauce as it was cooking yesterday. Not coffee cake sadly...:(

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 6.35.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 6.29.21 AM.png

Kate the Great!!!! Enjoy the day with Auti! She is a lucky duck and so are you. XOXO. Please hug her from me.

@bling_dream19 stay warm and cozy sweet friend. Hugs.

@Slick1 stay safe and enjoy the snow day we are getting tomorrow. I don't know if your prediction went up but ours did. Oy to the vey. Winter is holding on tight. XO

@junebug17 glad you are enjoying SC and the family is all well. And glad you aren't going to be in the middle of the storm. Be well.

@Austina I wish I was in Texas right now lol. XO

@canuk-gal hope all is going smoothly and your mom is doing well.XO

@MamaBee my offer to hold on to Emmy stands. :lol: Thanks for your caring support and for everything. XO

@rainwood it turned out delicious. Who knew I could (sort of) cook lol. XO

@mrs-b sending you continued good wishes and hugs sweet friend.

@springerspaniel hope the week has been going smoothly. Hugs

@marcy hahaha that was very funny and Greg thought so too. Thanks for sharing and for thinking of us. XOXO

Have a wonderful day girls. We are going hiking as the temps are in the 30s but then the snow starts and not sure I will be able to get back online tomorrow. Now winds are predicted over 50 mph plus potentially 18" of snow so internet might be down. So will just say now be safe and enjoy a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay safe and pray the power stays on @missy DD is flying tonight so I hope it holds off!!
Work has been cray cray!!
Love and virtual ((hugs)) to all! Here’s a few Bear pics for you!! ❤️ He certainly keeps me busy!

3963EAC5-8001-420E-8082-7EFE7BFC7D32.jpeg 3D72E125-2990-4C2B-B688-39F7186E4DD1.jpeg 70FE52EE-9D7E-4D4C-8D9B-F649CE4321B8.jpeg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate. I get it re and teeth. I have been cursed with bad teeth all my life. With all of the money my parents spent when I was growing up and me in adulthood I should have a Farrah Fawcett smile. I don’t. I just had my first implant two weeks ago. My root canals and crowns I got 30 years ago are beginning to fail.The novaCaine injections hurt like hell but the procedure was
OK so far. The oral surgeon was excellent but no bedside manner. My dentist of 30 years showed up to observe and consult! I do have PTSD re teeth procedures. High pain tolerance everywhere else.
I am so grateful for this forum as everyone is so knowledgeable, caring, and supportive of everyone Whatever the issue is.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!! Hope this note finds everyone well.

I am really exhausted from working. So busy and heavy workloads. I've forgotten what it is like to work FT and when it is short staffed. I need to adjust my schedule. I've started to block more days off.

I had an appt with my favorite bench to look at my emerald ring designs tomorrow, but am just too tired to go. Another time.

Too many things going on in my life right now. The reno's are SO loud, it just gets on my last nerve. My Mom is becoming increasing more frail. At least the weather is really decent. But I think we may have a few pretty cold days coming our way next week.

Sorry for the DD post but my neck and left hip are really sore so I am a wreck!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gm girls! Happy Blizzard bomb Caturday Saturday!

@canuk-gal feel better! Take it easy and pamper yourself. You deserve it!
I am sorry about your mom and keeping good thoughts for her. It is not for the faint of heart getting older. And it is hard on all who love her. Gentle hugs to you. And glad your weather is cooperating.

@lambskin ugh I am sorry for all your teeth woes. I get it to some degree. My teeth weren't great growing up. Almost all my teeth have fillings and I have a few crowns. A few years ago I removed all my amalgam. What fun that was. Anyway gentle hugs and wishing you good tooth health from hereon in.

@Tekate hope your son is safe and doing well. I don't think Brooklyn is getting that much snow. We are predicted to get 18". That is a lot but mainly it is the wind that concerns me. And the freezing cold for the feral cats. Keeping good thoughts for everyone. Love you Kate the Great.

@bling_dream19 happy Caturday Saturday sweet friend.

@Slick1 hope your DD arrived safely and everyone is together and cozy and happy. Hope the storm ends without (too much) damage. I love Bear. He is so handsome.

@marcy I think we finally beat your snow totals lol. Not a record I wanted to beat. Who would have thought I would prefer being in Wyoming at this moment haha.

@MamaBee fingers crossed no power is lost. Stay safe.

Hi to everyone else. What a storm. The wind is howling. It is so fierce.
We had a good hike yesterday despite it flurrying all day long. It started early but it was not part of this Noreaster we are experiencing now. But a separate snow event. I will share a photo from yesterday's hike.

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 6.13.47 AM.png

But it didn't stop the geese. LOL
They were enjoying the ice and flurries.

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 6.14.23 AM.png

Stay safe and well. Love you. Happy weekend.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo. :)

Feeling a little better over the last few days. My gut packed it in last week but is easing a little thanks to bucketloads of prednisone. My back is...wobbly - but not too bad, and the pain has subsided a lot. I'm currently mobile, able to drive, and walk like a normal person. How long this will last - I have no idea - but I thought I'd take the opportunity to post while I'm clear headed and able to concentrate.

@missy - blizzard much?! Up here in Boston it's falling lightly but consistently and will apparently pick up this afternoon. The wind is STRONG and the temps are in the 20's. But my beautiful Cirrus has just jumped on my bed and is now laying with his head on my chest, which is making typing...interesting...but more enjoyable. Everything is more enjoyable with Cirrus. :) I think it's wonderful that your feral have you in weather like this - you really DO do the work of the angels, AG. ox

So. Something big I haven't mentioned. Tim's employer is going through lay-offs at the moment, and Tim's job is on the block. Well, pretty much everyone's job is on the block right now, but they do seem to be trying to cull from the top - which I agree with...in principle... We find out in 3 weeks if his job is safe or not, and this is INCREDIBLY stressful, as our health insurance, of course, is through his work. Ideally, we'd prefer to have him work for 3 more years at a minimum before retirement, but we could *probably* manage it now, if push came to shove. Three more years would be better, tho. We're praying that it doesn't happen, and Tim is a good employee, so we've got our fingers crossed and are trying to be positive, but the stress has been immense. Because of my health, we'd almost certainly have to go home to Australia if we lost our health insurance, which means selling the house, and then we have the issue of the dogs - to say nothing of Eleanor and Nathaniel..... So it's been a hideous time for us, combined with Tim's eyesight issues, my gut and back, and on and on and on. I don't think life has ever been more stressful than this. To put it into perspective - last year, pre insurance, our health expenses were $173k. We just can't do that out of pocket, so we'd have to go back to Australia where we have government health. Humira, alone, without insurance is $72k per year - and Tim is supposed to start it as well - meaning our household health expenses for one drug for both of us, for a year, would be $144k. And that's before we do any sort of medical care, other drugs, surgeries, ER visits - etc etc. Anyway, you get the idea. And the very LAST thing I feel like right now is packing up two houses and moving countries. So my head has been spinning since getting this news 3 weeks ago.

On the other hand, Wendy is still here, which is a joy, and has been unbelievably helpful. We've been watching a bunch of movies and drinking coffee in front of the fire every day, and today I'm making vegetable and chicken soup, while Wen is making ginger pudding with caramel sauce. So life could be much worse. DKJ is working on a pair of earrings for me, so that's fun, and next week I have a bunch of medical appointments which should cross a lot of stuff off my 'medical to-do' list. I see the new surgeon for my back on Tuesday, and hopefully that will give me a time frame for surgery. I really wish I'd just done it in October, but in some ways this has turned out better - as this new surgeon is a neurosurgeon rather than an orthopedic surgeon, and their technique is slightly different and preferable, in my opinion. So we'll see.

@Tekate - hallo, beautiful Kate! It's so nice to hear from you! I hope all is well with you in Texas, tho I was so sorry to hear of the loss of your dog. I'm glad Auti is feeling. better , tho. Love to you!

@MamaBee - THAT RING!!! I LOVE it! Emerald cut three stones are amazing and it looks perfect on you! Will you understand and forgive me if I say I like it better than your ACAs? Stunning! How is your mother doing? And how are D and S? I hope all is well with you. ox

@springerspaniel - I'm so sorry I've been off the pace recently. How is the transition from old job to new job going? I've been thinking of you a lot - this is such a huge change! And...Freddie! Photos?? Madam, seriously - it's been WEEKS! Are you getting blizzard-ed up there? Thinking of you. ox

@bling_dream19 - hallo sweetness! Did the conversation with Phoenix head anywhere? Because I'm seeing you with a lovely 3 stone from your current e-ring and ACA studs, and a nice 2ct+ solitaire to boot! I mean, a girl can dream.... :)

@canuk-gal - I'm sorry you're so tired and also that your mother is slowing down. And bummer re your neck and hip! I hope you can get some rest and things can resolve a trifle. I find, as I get older, over-using joints and muscles hurts in a way it never did 20 years ago! To the extent that you're able, I'm hoping for some good rest for you! Hugs!

@marcy - I don't know what to say except - your weather sounds hideous. But hopefully your new-ish sparklies continue to bring joy to your heart. I've been MIA for over 6 weeks at this point, so I missed what I assume was your last day at work - yes? Have you fully retired now? How are you finding it? Are you doing any photography? I hope all is well with you and Marty, and congratulations on your niece's pregnancy! <3

@Slick1! Thank you for the Bear pics!! He never fails to cheer! How is work going for you? I know one could only describe your life as...FULL! How are your kids? I hope all is well with you. <3

@junebug17 - South Carolina sounds lovely for this time of year! I know you live close to the ocean there, and I envy you! Swimming aside, there's something so magical about the ocean - winter or summer. I've always wanted to live near the beach and, oddly, came closest to that when we lived in NY, as Harrison shared a tiny bit of coastline, and there was a lovely beach about 2 miles from where we lived. We didn't swim there a lot, but we went on occasion, and absolutely loved it! I'm glad you're getting to spend time with your sister - and I hope all is well with her, too.

@Austina - how is everything in Texas? Any progress with the windows? Building stalls are the WORST! Do you have any photos you'd like to share? And how was Fredericksburg? I hope you had nice getaway. I understand you not wanting any more dogs. I think Cirrus and Ballin will be our last. Since we like big dogs, one needs a degree of physical strength if the dogs are boisterous (setters are beyond boisterous!) and we've been pulled off our feet a few times too many at this point. There's a possibility we could get a beagle one day, but I think that's as far as it would run for us. 20lbs of short haired beagle is a completely different kettle of fish to 130lbs of long haired setter!

@lambskin - thinking of you with your dental issues. I hope all proceeds more smoothly and you get that Farrah Fawcett smile you deserve!

@Karl_K - how are you feeling? I have raised blood sugar due to steroids, so I do keto, which keeps it somewhat under control, except for times like these when my Crohn's is flaring and I have to quadruple my dose. But that's only for a couple of weeks, then it comes back down again. Thankfully. And I totally understand re sore fingers - OW! I hope you and your wife are both holding up well.

Love and hugs to everyone else and warm thoughts to you all as we plow through the winter days!

Here's a commission Eleanor did for her cousin. Her cousin's baby boy its turning 2, and she asked Eleanor to design a birthday invitation. Isn't it lovely!

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 9.07.47 AM.png

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results