carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina thank you - I did find a keeper with my current EC. It’s also a med blue florescent which of course led to buying a UV flashlight. I’ve had fun with that too. Yes, retirement is great although for part of today I think I’d rather have been at work. I had a frustrating morning. Glad you got your custom plates and I am totally going to have to go figure out what they say. I keep thinking of get Curby for mine. Yay for progress on the house!

@MamaBee thank you - the E diamond is very icy. I am so anxious for you to get your new ring. That thread is addictive. I think I’ve gone through every page maybe 3 times. There isn’t another thread I’ve done that over the years here on PS.

@missy - thanks. Yes it is too cold to drool though. We were near 40 today but wind chill brought that down. That is so sweet of the mailman watching out for Snowflake; I hate to hear the kitty he saw wasn’t Snowflake. I hope the ferals find a place to keep warm. It is nice to connect with people through Zoom calls especially to talk about things you all have in common. I am sorry your friend is getting worse with her Parkinson; my aunt has that and isn’t doing well either. It’s a brutal disease (as are so many). Yes, the beach looks COLD!!

My day was like being at work. When I got up I put on shoes and coat to roll out the trashcan. After my shower I cut up some strawberries and measured out my cheerios when Marty sent me a text to meet him for breakfast at Sharis. I dumped my strawberries and cereal in baggies and headed out. 30 minutes later while wondering where the heck Marty is - I get a text that he meant Perkins. I hunted down my waitress and give her a $5 for the coffee she poured for Marty and headed to Perkins for breakfast. After we got home I ventured out on my errands. The repair bill lady charged my debit card but she used a machine where you manually enter the numbers and it got rejected. So I wrote her a check. My next stop was the bank to deposit some checks and cash in the gym account. When I got home I checked our account and found the repair charge had gone through plus I noticed the checks and cash for the gym had been deposited in our account. So back I went and repair place. Marty also had me drop off a return at the UPS store - the box was larger than the length of my arms plus it was windy so that was fun carrying it in from the parking lot. Let’s hope I’m not on YouTube. After I got home I logged in to my Lightroom class and my password didn't work. I had to reset it and then I got locked out on my iPad. I quickly decided I need to use 2 devices for the class - one to have up the lessons and the other to have Lightroom open. An hour later I was ready to do lesson 1. I did get 100% on my quiz when I got through the entire lesson. Then I was making tacos for lunch and pulled my package of ground sirloin out of the refrigerator and sadly it dripped blood all over the floor. I cleaned that up and opened the deli wrapped package and found it was a flank steak not hamburger. I pulled a pound of hamburger out of the freezer and forgot to turn the burner down so the one side was totally sizzled. At least when I cut up the vegetables up I didn't have any knife accidents. Sweet. The rest of my bad went smoother. I also noticed the flashing yellow light at a school zone. Yay - no speeding tickets. I did some laundry as well. Days like this are why I sometimes went to work to rest.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee it's gorgeous.

Thank you Marcy..I was so nervous..I’m so happy I took a chance. They all have individual GIA reports…If it didn’t I wouldn’t have purchased it. Costco definitely rocks..haha

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@marcy I was confounded by your meat tales. And yes, your old job might have been easier! Now that your are retired, you need a chef and a maid!!!

Apparently folks here who have EC jewellery are jealous worthy. I've got a jeali belly! LOL's

@missy wonderful news about your test. Keep up the good work!

The weather is lovely but the rest of life isn't (ATM). One day at a time. That's all.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Thursday!

@MamaBee what can I say that I haven't already said to you? GORGEOUS times three. Sophisticated and elegant to the max. Wear this beauty in good health always. XOXO.

@canuk-gal thank you. Our weather was good yesterday and we enjoyed a nice long hike. Today is another decent weather day but we are expecting a washing machine delivery for our spare in the basement which is decades old. So not sure when it will arrive and if it arrives early we can go hiking again. If not nope. Anyway enjoy a lovely day and stay warm. Hugs.

@marcy Oy I was exhausted reading about your day lol. Maybe work would have been easier haha. JK. Hope today is a more relaxing day for you and you can enjoy it. Glad you didn't get any speeding tickets haha. Be well and stay safe. XOXO.

Hi @Slick1 @bling_dream19 @Austina @Jemi and everyone else.

We had a good hike yesterday. Crazy weather. In the teens one day and 40s the next. And it was sunny all day so it felt great.
Today we are getting a washing machine delivery to replace the spare in our basement. This is the machine Greg uses as I do laundry on our upstairs machines. So not sure when it will arrive. I am hoping early but time will tell. Enjoy a great day girls. Hugs.

We still have ice on our beach!

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 7.17.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 7.18.08 AM.png

Have a terrific Thursday lovely ladies! XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabee! Wow! So Beautiful!!
Wear in good health.

Thank you @Jemi! I was looking through the asscher/emerald cut thread and saw your asscher..I just about died. It is beyond gorgeous!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@MamaBee I keep thinking of your gorgeous ring. It's a stunner!! Ha Ha Costco really rocks.

@canuk-gal hopefully when we win the lotto I can have servants who handle all my chores, errands and most importantly clean up my messes. Or not. Ha Ha. I am sorry your life isn't matching the lovely weather - hoping that gets better soon.

@missy I hope your replacement washer shows up in time you can go hiking. Nice the weather cleared up. I was glad I didn't get any speeding tickets too. Yay for noticing the flashing yellow lights. So far today has been much calmer.

@Jemi how are you doing?

I wasted lots of time last night on the new Angry Birds. I am stuck on level 73. I'm too cheap to buy more birds. I think I'll go exchange cash for window food today for lunch. I am going to brew up cookies this afternoon and make lasagna tomorrow. A friend of mine is coming over for lunch and to play cards. She works from home so will bring her computer and dial in for her afternoon meetings from here.

Laters,
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We went up to the house yesterday, and yay , the insulation is done!

Wow @marcy, you did have a frustrating day yesterday, no wonder you felt it’d have been easier being at work. Hopefully today is calmer with no annoyances. Sounds like a productive day ahead with your cooking and baking. Colin is doing the lotto, the jackpots here in Tx are mind boggling, sparklies all round if we hit it big. I say ‘WE’ because of course what’s his is mine too :lol:

I’m so pleased you’re thrilled with Emmy @MamaBee, she really does look perfect on your hand, so elegant and well proportioned. Enjoy every moment. I agree with Marcy, Costco rocks, and I think they’re jewellery is fabulous.

Hi @Jemi, how’re you and Monsieur Kine ?

It looks pretty but cold @missy, our temperatures are on the up, in to the 70’s today, quite a change from the last few days. Hope your delivery arrives quickly, I hate waiting in.

Been busy poaching pears in Zinfandel, and making Beef Stroganoff for dinner tonight - the Instapot is great! :mrgreen:

Just had a long conversation with one of our cruising pals, they’re on their way to Antarctica :shock: . K is in the early stages of dementia, so T is making sure they’re experiencing everything they can, while they can.

I heard from Shirley this morning, she’s settling in well abroad, and seems really positive, which is such a relief to hear.

:wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls..This a crazy day…We’re going to Maryland last minute tomorrow. We never did Christmas with my middle son and family. They‘re going to visit us in Maryland on Saturday. I have to pack everything tonight…including all the Christmas presents. They’ve been isolating for 20 days since Noah was exposed to Covid by one of the babies in his class. When quarantine was over more kids popped up with it in other classes so they shut the school down for a while. They’ve been working from home all this time anyway but now have the two boys to take care of too. Anyway…They have only been outside on walks with them..or to the playground..so they are safe for us. They went at off times when there was hardly anyone there. We’ll test Friday and Saturday before they come. I didn’t go anywhere except for Costco and the appraiser. Costco is good because the door is wide open and I stayed in the front of the store. I went to the appraiser‘s office..but she wore a mask…as did we..

The appraiser thought the ring was beautiful. She tested to make sure they weren’t lab diamonds..:lol: Then she saw the GIA reports…She looked stunned...shaking her head. She said I got an amazing buy…I feel like I robbed a bank!

Sorry I blabbed all about me. I’ll catch up tomorrow..
XO……..

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout!
@missy thank you for your sweet message. You always brighten my day and many others! Hugs and lots of love to you. Your beach pictures are just beautiful. And you are just amazing - I am extremely thrilled for you and the bone density and health improvements! Incredible! This year, I plan to get a dexa thanks to you.
@MamaBee your emerald cut 3 stone is GORGEOUS!!! You got an a stunning ring and I'm soo happy for you! :love:
@Austina I've got 3 stones that I'm working on setting. Wow, your food sounds delicious! I don't have an instapot but it certainly sounds delicious and fast!
Love and hugs to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee sweet the appraiser loved your ring and reaffirmed what we already knew - you scored big time with your beautiful ring. Enjoy Christmas with the little ones. Safe travels.

@bling_dream are you working on something with 3 stones? Sounds fun!

@Austina sweet that Colin is buying lotto tickets too. It only takes one big win, right? My day was far less stressful. I got the cookies baked for tomorrow and only ate 2 of them - I froze the rest. Sweet the insulation is up at the house.

In addition to brewing up cookies I worked on my February article.

Laters

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY! How did it get to be Friday already?

@bling_dream19 I am so happy to hear that. Knowledge is power and hopefully yours will be A OK but if there are any issues you can take measures to correct it. The earlier the better. Thank you for making my day by saying that. I share personal struggles to help my friends and it makes me happy when they are open minded enough to learn from my experience. Big hugs and enjoy a fantastic weekend.

@MamaBee enjoy your family in Maryland and show off Emmy! In fact we are patiently waiting for more Emmy photos pretty please. From my Emmy to yours wishing you an icy bright time. XOXO.

@marcy hope you had fun with your friend yesterday playing cards. A perfect way to spend a cold afternoon in winter. I don't know the Angry Birds game but glad you enjoy it and I am sure you will conquer it in no time. I'd say happy weekend but what is a weekend? Hahaha. We had a good hike yesterday as the washing machine came early. Woohoo. Today is the last acceptable weather day but it is VERY WINDY so not sure where we can go to get shelter from the wind. Wind can be challenging at the shore. Enjoy a happy FriYAY.

@Austina wonderful update about the house insulation. Those pears sound yummy. Glad Shirley is doing well. And how much fun is a trip to Antarctica. That hasn't been on my radar. But in a totally different vein we do want to go to Iceland one day. Haha. Speaking of temperatures (brrrrr Antarctica) we warmed up to 50 F yesterday. Crazy. But wow to 70s F. We are dropping very soon and tomorrow might be in the single digits. Yup that is our crazy weather. Still not as crazy as @marcy Wyoming weather but it is all relative isn't it. LOL. Hope you have a lovely FriYAY.

@Slick1 happy FriYAY and have a good weekend.

@springerspaniel hope your week has been going smoothly and all is well.

@mrs-b thinking of you.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good day yesterday.
Success! Washing machine was delivered early yesterday and it is nice. Matches the dryer which we replaced a couple of years ago and it has a pretty large capacity compared to the one it replaced. Greg is pleased. And we got to enjoy a great hike yesterday. It was 50 degrees F. Crazy weather! Dropping tomorrow to single digits. Cannot make this stuff up and I think we are due fora snowstorm Sunday-Monday or something like that.

Enjoy a wonderful day girls. With more YAY in your FriYAY than anything else. XOXO.
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

We ran into our friend yesterday as we were hiking. And his two precious pups. Those faces. LOL. And swoon. How can they not put a smile on our faces? May you be smiling all day today girls.

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 6.42.14 AM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update -

Hi ladies - I've missed you all!

The last 6 weeks have been hugely difficult. Got stranded out in LA with cancelled flights etc and managed to get home Monday evening. My back is terrible (can no longer sit at a desk or walk unassisted or drive) and I've spoken to my surgeon's office multiple times over the last few days. This is considered elective surgery (!!!) and Mass Gen hospital isn't currently doing elective surgery, so I have to be admitted through the ER, at which point the surgery can be done as an emergency surgery. This has to be timed so that the day I go in coincides with the surgeon I want being on call. Consequently, I'm going in tomorrow morning and am hoping to be 'done' either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday.

'Scared' doesn't really cover it - tho I will be THRILLED to have this out of the way and be on the other side of it. Your warm thoughts and prayers are always appreciated!

And ooooohhhhh @MamaBee!! Your new RING!! WOW! Hugest congratulations - she's a beauty!! <3

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Quick update -

The last 6 weeks have been hugely difficult. Got stranded out in LA with cancelled flights etc and managed to get home Monday evening. My back is terrible (can no longer sit at a desk or walk unassisted or drive) and I've spoken to my surgeon's office multiple times over the last few days. This is considered elective surgery (!!!) and Mass Gen hospital isn't currently doing elective surgery, so I have to be admitted through the ER, at which point the surgery can be done as an emergency surgery. This has to be timed so that the day I go in coincides with the surgeon I want being on call. Consequently, I'm going in tomorrow morning and am hoping to be 'done' either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday.

'Scared' doesn't really cover it - tho I will be THRILLED to have this out of the way and be on the other side of it. Your warm thoughts and prayers are always appreciated!

And ooooohhhhh @MamaBee!! Your new RING!! WOW! Hugest congratulations - she's a beauty!! <3

@mrs-b I just happened to pop onto here and see this. I just took my dad for a procedure at MGH West earlier this week and heard the same thing about the elective procedure policy downtown. I'm sending major prayers and healing vibes to you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big hugs to you @mrs-b ♥️♥️♥️
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
It is scary but I know in my heart you are going to come through with flying colors and I am continuing to send bucketloads of healing dust your way.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @mrs-b, I’m so sorry to hear that the last 6 weeks have been so awful. Everything crossed that the stars align and your surgeon and surgery all go well. Sending lots of positive vibes and healing thoughts your way.

Safe travels @MamaBee, I know it’ll be a lot of work, but it sounds like fun having a 2nd Christmas with your family.

Another OMG how can it be Friday @missy, where on earth does the time go? Sorry to hear you’re in for more cold weather, even more reason to stay in and keep warm. Glad the washing machine arrived early so you could get out. We’re currently looking at household appliances, I need to check what kind of delivery time they’re on. Come what may, as soon as the house is ready, I’m moving in :lol:

You’re going to have to grow more fingers @bling_dream19, can‘t wait to see how your next projects turn out. Only just caught up with the watch thread, the Tank is one of my favourites :kiss2:

Hope you had fun with your friend @marcy, and as @missy says, what weekend, the days are all your own now.

Just made curried cauliflower soup in the Instapot, it’s just so easy, just minutes to cook. I‘ve reduced the liquor for the poached pears, which we’re going to have tonight with cinnamon cream :lickout:

I’ve put my plates on the car, now it feels like it’s mine. It’s very similar to the plate Colin got me for my 40th which I had to sell before we left.

TGIF lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Quick update -

We have missed you as well! I will be thinking of you today and tomorrow--you are the strongest woman I know and I am glad you will soon be feeling much better.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@mrs-b I echo what @springerspaniel wrote and continued healing vibes being sent your way. Big hugs.

@Austina good luck with household appliance shopping. It's fun but frustrating at times. Especially now. We were lucky that Greg was able to get exactly what we wanted and quickly too. Hope you are lucky as well. XOXO

Hi @lulu_ma I am still on a high from your good news. Big hugs.

@marcy have a good "weekend" and remember every day is a weekend. :) XOXO

@bling_dream19 woohoo it's our fave day...caturday Saturday. Or is it our second fave day after FriYay? They're all good. Big hugs and enjoy.

@springerspaniel enjoy a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

@Slick1 happy long weekend. Big hugs.

@MamaBee how is our ring, umm I mean your ring doing? Hope you are enjoying family time. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good hike yesterday and Greg managed to find a route protected somewhat from the wind. It was a challenging hike I have to say. Lots of roots to avoid in the dirt. And I am always very careful because I am a fall away from a break. That is how I look at it. My precious Pilon fracture puts me at great risk of another. I found out it is the worst fracture someone can get. Interesting right? Anyway it was a good day. Today is frigid and I am concerned for the feral cats. Praying they can survive this deep freeze. Stay warm girls and sending you lots of warm hugs. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 7.47.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 7.47.07 AM.png

And in honor of Caturday Saturday...
For @rainwood

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 7.48.42 AM.png

Enjoy a meowalous day girls. Be well.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope this day finds you all well.

@mrs-b healing vibes across the miles. Much success to you.

@missy the lady in front of me was wearing your red Olang boots! They looked fabu! She needed them in the slush and ice. It has been lovely and warm for our neck of the woods in January.

@marcy and @Austina only free free play on the lotto today. Pshaw. I really need that win cuz I want this!!! https://jackweirandsons.com/products/sapphire-marquise-cluster-ring

@MamaBee hope your trip is safe and fun. Say hi to your new ring from me!

I had a horrific busy week at work. And so did my colleagues. Unreal. My DH tells me to stay home. Maybe I should listen to him.

Out and about today errands galore. Went to my favorite places to shop and got an adorable snow globe on half price. My DH has been wanting one (yes he did). They had a gorgeous Wedgewood one but it was pricy and I am cheap. :P2 When I told my DH about it, he thought I should have bought it. Got my favorite roast, cinnamon buns, did my banking and bought some stunning super long stem gorgeous white roses. Huge heads!!!!

I have been looking at yellow diamond pairs (for earrings) here but the prices are astronomical. I really just need to wear what I have. Took a big leap and wore my eternity ring the other day. :rolleyes: I've got to get back into a pattern of enjoying what I have and not looking to buy more stuff to sit collecting dust.

On the positive side, my Mom is doing pretty well. The edema in her hands and legs is decreasing and she is perky. :)

Oh I just composted my pumpkin purchased at the beginning of Oct. LOL. It was rotten!!! But it hung in there!!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy looks chilly on your walk. I see some serious snow might be coming your way. I did have fun playing cards yesterday with my friend and the lasagna was quite tasty if I do say so myself. My friend brought salad and we wrapped it up with cookies. Marty joined us for lunch and the 3 of us polished off a bottle of wine. Yes, every day is a weekend for us retired folks. Sounds like the new washing machine will work out great - especially with a larger capacity.

@mrs-b I sure hate to hear how challenging the last 6 weeks have been for you. I hope the trip to the ER works out and you get the surgeon you want. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and total relief from your back pain and issues.

@Austina have fun picking out your appliances. Yes, I am loving my endless weekend. Lasagna was good and cards was fun yesterday. How nice to have your plates on your car. Things are coming along - probably more slowly than you’d like but soon this will all be done and you and Colin will be in your new house.

Hi @springerspaniel

@canuk-gal I hope you win the lotto - another one of my tickets is a $5 winner. I can’t wait to go collect my loot. Very pretty sapphire ring! Sorry you work week was so busy. The snow globe sounds pretty. You deserve those pretty white roses after the week you had. I am glad to hear your mom is doing good.

Not much going on with us. I am still wasting time on Angry Birds - I’m now stuck on level 122. I finished lesson 2 released yesterday for my Lightroom class. I guess they post a new session on Wednesday and then Friday. I wish they’d release all sessions at once - I’d probably blow through them in no time. That’s the way I roll - and Marty would say I’m not hip enough to talk that way.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy fun day Sunday! It is cold out. But temps are rising so yay. It is in the teens at the moment going up to 26. Brrrrrr.

@marcy I love lasagna. And cookies. And salad. I am an equal opportunity food lover haha. Glad you enjoyed a nice time with your friend. And glad Marty got to join you too. Hope you are beating those angry birds. I have to check out what that game is. I learn so much from you girls haha.

@canuk-gal yay your mom is doing well. So happy to hear that. And ooh red Olang boots. My favorite. I have them in white and black too but I end up wearing the red ones most of all. I love red. And it matches my red winter coat. I wear the white boots when I am wearing my white winter coat. I like color matching what can I say :) We ran errands yesterday too. Only one errand but it was enough for me. The day went super fast and before I knew it I was ready for dinner. I read that yellow diamond prices were going through the roof. Good idea to enjoy what you already have. Or what I like to refer to as "shopping in my closet" lol.

@sarahb hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend.

Hi @Slick1 @bling_dream19 @springerspaniel @Austina @mrs-b and everyone else. Hope all is well.

We stayed warm all day because even when we were outside the sun felt good. Today is no sun unfortunately. Oh well. Not sure of our plans. We shall see. Have a wonderful Sunday lovely ladies. Big hugs.

Leaving you with the feral cat feeder. All full and waiting for the kitties.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 7.12.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 7.12.59 AM.png

Stay warm and cozy and have a Sunday filled with love and fun. XOXO.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!!

@MamaBee holy cow what a beautiful stone!! I love the Deco-y lines of ECs and your ring is spectacular. I hope you and your family enjoy your visit.

@Austina say Hi to Bertie for me, please. It's good to hear the house is moving along, albeit more slowly than you would like. New houses are exciting!

@canuk-gal I am glad your mother is doing better. So happy you treated yourself to roses--they are my favorite, especially ones with a strong scent. Unfortunately the industry has bred the scent out of most of the ones for sale commercially. I hear you totally on working at enjoying what we have instead of looking for more. (But YELLOW DIAMONDS, right???)

Hey @marcy you are hipper than you think! I bet not working is weird. I am viewing my career change (April 1 is officially my last day) as shedding the skin I've grown over 20 years. I am terrified of losing my identity. Seriously. Probably a good reason to make a change and develop some sort of life outside of work....Boy do I understand about playing online games. My addiction is Wordscapes. By the way, what is "window food"?

Can't wait to see what you have in the works for a 3 stone, @bling_dream19.

@missy how is your father doing? Love the good news about your dexa scan, and am happy to see you are enjoying the days despite the bitter cold. Thank you for asking about the job--not that I am counting, but the next few weeks cannot go by fast enough; however, I also feel as if I am about to jump off a cliff not knowing what is at the bottom! Work is not treating me well during these last few weeks, which is a crying shame after 20 years.

@mrs-b thank you for the email! I figured something must be up since we had not heard from you for awhile. I will be sending my most positive thoughts this week. PS I was inspired by your paring your collection down to what you love and will wear. In addition to de-stashing a bunch of pieces, I am also finally getting around to resetting my 3 ct Zambian emerald from an '80s setting to something very Klass-y!

@sarahb I hope you are finding ways to grieve and heal. There is no getting around how painful the process is and my heart goes out to you.

Hi to @Slick1 @junebug17 @lulu_ma (I love your Avatar and keep it as one of my Deco inspirations!) and anyone else I may have missed. Please stay healthy and warm (Northern Hemisphere) or cool (Southern) this week.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@springerspaniel thank you. And much success to you in your career change. You'll be smashing!!!!

@missy yes, I read what David wrote about yellow diamonds pricing. It is still much cheaper for me to buy across border--even with our poor exchange rate. That said, I'll put that on the burner and focus on resetting an emerald that belonged to my late MIL.

LOL I went back today to buy the Wedgewood snow globe--bc my DH wanted it as well! WHO KNEW he liked snow globes????? Too funny, never had one now I have two. Both really nice. Also picked up my favorite caprese sandwich from my favorite Italian shop. YUM.

I am trying not to get psyched out about the work week ahead. Dread. It has never been this heavy/busy. Anyway.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRD’s!

@missy Angry Birds is this app where you shoot birds at pigs; it completely demonstrates how lame I am at video games but I keep trying. I too am an equal opportunity food lover. We are going out to dinner with friends tonight and I’ve only had a few homemade biscuits and fruit today. I’m hungry! Stay safe and warm from the storm - nice the feral feeder is full! I am sure the ferals will appreciate that!

@springerspaniel I hope your career change turns out to be an awesome move for you. I totally get what you mean about worrying about losing your identity - when I lost my astronomy teaching job I took it really hard and that was just a part time job even though it was 21 years. When you love what you are doing it’s not work. I hope my team at my job finds their own path and maintains our quality results; I left them as many tools and aids as I could. Wordscapes would be addictive for me too - I do words with friends, scrabble, boggle and cribbage a lot either online with friends or play the iPad. Angry Birds requires more skill and patience than I posses but it does kind of crack me up. Window food is drive through fast foods.

@canuk-gal good idea to reset an emerald that belonged to your MIL. Those pieces are so special. Nice you went back and got the Wedgewood snow globe; it sounds like a wonderful treasure. Good luck with work this week; I hope it’s not too busy.

When I woke up this morning Marty was out taking photos so I brewed up some homemade biscuits for us and fixed some fresh fruit for us. When Marty got home he made some scrambled eggs and sausage as well but I filled up on biscuits. We are going out for supper so I haven’t eaten much else today. I best sip my glass of wine until I get some food in my stomach.

My sister and BIL stopped by with some farm fresh eggs for us so we visited with them for a while. I wasted time on Angry Birds-made it a few more levels and knit a few more inches on Marty’s hat. The thrillometer didn’t register much today.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Martin Luther King Jr Day!

It's been a very rainy incredibly windy past 12 hours. The wind woke me in the middle of the night. It was fierce.

@marcy thanks for explaining about Angry Birds. They do sound angry lol. Hope you enjoyed a lovely dinner with friends last night. Did you say biscuits? Yummmm. I am more worried about the kitties than I am us with the weather and thanks for your good wishes.

@springerspaniel thank you for asking about my dad. He is doing OK. Thanks for your kind words about my DXA. They might not be accurate as I spoke with a specialist who deemed them incorrect. But one day at a time and I know I am doing all I can do and that is all I can do for now. I will continue my workouts and my highish protein eating plan and all else I am doing and if I need to go on meds at some point I will. I am so sorry they are treating you badly at work. Shame on them and good riddance to them. Good luck with this next career move. I am confident you will do amazingly well with your new role.

@MamaBee how is it going? What have you decided to do about the insurance? Do you look at Emmy and just smile? What a gorgeous ring. It is classic elegance to the max.

@bling_dream19 it's Monday already. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend. Have a great week.

@Slick1 hope you are enjoying another day off. And that it is a good week.

@canuk-gal ooh cannot wait to see your emerald from your MIL and its new setting. That is a fun project. I hope your workweek isn't as bad as you anticipate and that it all goes smoothly.

@Austina I hope all is going well and your house is finished soon. I am keeping good thoughts for the project. Challenging during the pandemic and supplies are short and all. One day it will be a good story to share with your grandchildren. The dark days of the pandemic when you came over to start a new life here with their parents. I promise we will look back on this during better times. I hope sooner vs later. Greg thinks Covid is here to stay and we will learn to live with it. I have a less bleak view but yes we know it will become endemic. OK enough of that dreary talk. Hope you have a lovely day.

@mrs-b thinking of you and continuing to send healing vibes. It;'s been a really challenging time and I get it. Hope Tim is doing well. Let's catch up when you are up to it. As always sending hugs and well wishes.

Hi to everyone else. So I beat Greg's pants off at cards yesterday lol. We lead an exciting life what can I say.
Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday. May it be as marvelous as you. XOXO.

Sunset.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 7.04.46 AM.png

Have a non stormy peaceful Monday girls. XOXO.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout! We had a busy but very special weekend.
@missy I love the water picture! Nothing like the water. And lol about beating Greg at cards. And we love FriYAYs and Caturdays! But all days are great. I've been doing lots of reflecting on life. Every moment really is treasured and I know you know that because you've helped me get that into my head. Hope you have a great week sweet Missy.
@mrs-b you are on my heart and mind and I'm praying for successful surgery and relief of pain. Many hugs my friend.
Quick shoutout and love and hugs to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oooooo @bling_dream19, I saw your post on Phoenix’s thread, please spill and tell us :lol: Are you thinking ER upgrade, or are you going for broke with fabulous, huge earrings? Glad to hear you‘re in a good place.

Sending kiss right back to your gorgeous boys @springerspaniel. We took Bertie to the dog park yesterday, big dog heaven, 3 Mastiffs, a Great Dane, a Malamute, a Doberman, Vizla and labrador. Bertie was a Mastiff sandwich, and got covered in slobber :lol:

Hope everything is going to plan @mrs-b, and you and Tim are both OK. Continued positive vibes being sent your way.

I play GrabbyWord with my friend Ann everyday @marcy, also Sudoku, GinRummy Plus, Word Trek, Word Trip and Magic Puzzles. It’s a good way to keep the old brain ticking over, as well as fun. I’ve never got in to Candy Crush, or Angry Birds though. I saw that gargantuan steak Marty ate :shock:, I’m very impressed he managed to eat it all.

Sorry to hear work is such a bear @canuk-gal, the distraction of resetting your emerald and ogling yellow diamonds sounds like a good way to distress.

I’m sorry to say I agree with Greg, I don’t think Covid is going away anytime soon @missy. I think in the next couple of months it’ll be ’downgraded’ to endemic, and we’ll have to find a way to live with it. Adam thinks that despite all the precautions we take, one of us will get it eventually. We’ve even got a quarantine room ready in the house, just in case. The only positive is that Omicron seems to cause less severe issues, and we’re all jabbed. We’ll carry on wearing masks for ever if we have to, in order to stay safe. Sorry it’s so cold there, the weather is sunny and warm ish here. Try not to worry too much about the ferals, I’m sure you’re not the only kind people to put out food, and cats are pretty adept and finding shelter.

The cleaning crew came this afternoon, so we went out, first to Trader Joes, then up to the house. The good news is, there were windows, the bad news, not in our house. We spoke to the guys who were installing windows in the house opposite, and they said we’re next, and they hope to be doing our house tomorrow. They also said the windows are now on a 20 week back order :shock: Oy! We’ll go up on Wednesday morning to see if the windows are in.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Brrrrr it is cold outside. Happy Tuesday!

@bling_dream19 oh I missed the thread Austina is talking about where you brought up bling. I am with her. Please spill! Hahaha love good bling news! Aww I am so glad you are treasuring each day and yes, same. We make the most of each day that we can. Control what we can and do our best every day. Big hugs.

@Austina yup I have to agree it will become endemic but I am looking forward to the pandemic ending because at least that is something right? And I probably have masks to last for many months if not years. I tend to wear them for an hour or two at a time because we don't go many places. So after I wear them I let them air out and wear them a few days later so I alternate. I don't throw them out with each use because each use is short for us. Anyway smart of you guys to be prepared and have an isolation room. We don't have anything like that here so if one of us gets it we probably both will. Let's hope we all remain Omicron and Covid free. Sounds like Bertie had a grand time at the dog park. I hope your windows are installed today. You had me going there LOL. Yeah it is rough building now. Supplies are short and in high demand. The cost of wood is through the roof. Greg is building the ferals a multi level cat hammock and luckily got the supplies he needed. I hope they enjoy it! He's been working on the plans and now he is actually building it. Have a wonderful day and big hugs.

@sarahb hope all is well and the week going smoothly. XOXO

@Slick1 how is work going? Are you back in person? Hugs.

@marcy the only time I played games like that was during my recuperation from my Pilon fracture. I think it might bring up those times if I start so I haven't done anything like that since. I have no doubt you will conquer those angry birds though haha. XOXO.

@springerspaniel fingers crossed things go fast and smooth and you are soon out of that current work situation and into a great new work situation. XOXO

@canuk-gal hope you are having a good week and that work is going better than you expected.

@mrs-b continued hugs and healing vibes to you and Tim.

@MamaBee good morning to you and Emmy. XOXO.

@Jemi I cannot believe I forgot to ask for photos of what you asked me about yesterday lol and oy to the vey. My mind has been occupied what can I say. If you read this please can you send me photos? Maybe something will catch my eye. 8) Big hugs to you and Kine and all the rest of the furry crew. My heart melted at that photo. Stay warm and cozy.

@rainwood so a new development that could be more upbeat news. The famous Dr L actually emailed me to call her yesterday and gave me her cell number. Wow. I saw it and dialed heart in my mouth. She is famous and very harsh generally. Anyway I will discuss in detail when we chat but she said in all likelihood I have gained. But she wants further tests and I promptly emailed my specialist after our call and he refused to order the tests. Oy to the vey. Everything is hard. The famous doctor is in California and cannot order the tests for me. So another challenge. And TBH I am a bit scared of getting these tests in case of what they might show but as you know I have never been one to bury my head in the sand. As much as I might want to at times. Big hugs and thanks for always being there for me. Hope you are having a good week and sweet dreams.

Hi to everyone else. We have an appointment with our hand specialist today. Both Greg and I have an appointment. Greg for pain he is dealing with in his hands (OA) and mine is for follow up eval of my Dupuytren's. It snowed a bit yesterday and is below freezing now so hoping the roads are clear without ice. It is a bit of a distance. Have a wonderful day and see you later. XOXO.

Greg's multi level cat hammock for our feral cats in progress.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 5.50.26 AM.png

Enjoy a terrific Tuesday all! XOXO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results