shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls and guys..It’s a beautiful sunny day…It’s ice cream Wednesday. It’s 20+ degrees but David and I are still going to get some..:lickout: @missy…It’s your fault for putting ice cream on my brain.

Missy I love your photos and the video with the ocean sounds. I just love it so much. I bet it’s extra cold when you go outside with the wind kicking up sprays of water. That was great that Greg offered to take it for you. I’m used to a shaky camera. Jackson likes to FT me with the cell phone…He runs around with it having no idea that everything I see is either feet or the ceiling. It’s like being on a boat in a choppy sea..His mom calls me and hands him the phone. In the beginning I actually got nauseous because it messed with my vestibular system. Now it doesn’t bother me at all. :lol:
I also read about a new variant in France..This is like a made for TV movie only I can’t switch the channel.

@Jemi The photo with Ki in that beautiful room is amazing. He is just adorable… What can I say about your room…It looks like a shoot from Architectural Digest! Gorgeous!

@Austina Your menu for New Years sounded delicious! We just ordered in..It’s getting to the point that I don’t want to cook. My husband likes different foods than I do so it’s easier to just order it. I cook during the week but I usually make something different for myself. I love your relationship with Kim. It’s wonderful all around so your son doesn’t have to worry about you two getting along. I feel like I have a bonus daughter.
Any new projections on when the house will be finished? Do you have some furniture in storage for your move in? I remember you buying new furniture before your move.

@marcy It sounds like you had an easy transition to retirement with Marty home. Now that he’s back to work it will be interesting to see how you feel. I’m looking forward to my husband retiring because I feel at risk with him going into the office. He has two offices..one in NJ and one here. S tells me that he stays away from everyone. He doesn’t worry so that concerns me.
I wonder how you will feel about wearing your jewelry when you’re not going into the office. Will you continue to wear it when you’re home. I hope you do because you have beautiful pieces.
I‘m sorry your Lenox piece broke. Hopefully Marty can fix it.

@Calliecake My husband does a lot of things that annoy me when he’s home and not retired. I’m going to have to work on accepting that things will annoy me but to let them go. I know I can definitely be annoying. I’m very opinionated..I’m sure that’s not a picnic for him.
My husband will wipe down the counter after he eats but he doesn’t use any cleaner..When he leaves I clean it again. He also dips the knife into the jam after using the knife to spread cream cheese. He also gets crumbs in the butter. Let it go Joanne..:lol:
@canuk-gal How’s your mom doing? When will be the next time you can visit her?
Hi everyone else. I have to call my mom. Ill finish up later..Big hugs

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
GM girls! It's wonderful Wednesday!

Good morning @Karl_K, I hope you and your dear wife are feeling much better.
NIRDI is an acronym that stands for Now I Really Did It...the title of this thread. The day I broke my tibia and fibula in a cycling accident was the day I started this thread. And boy, did I really do it. LOL. @sarahb came up with NIRDI and I think it's purrrfect. :)
oh now i feel like a duh-head lol
Thank you for the info.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Karl_K Im happy you and wifey dodged that Covid exposure!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh now i feel like a duh-head lol
Thank you for the info.

Aww you're not a duh head. How would you know?
Continued healing vibes to you and your wife!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you @Calliecake, I’m trying to fight the good fight, but Kim is fattening us up! :lol:

:mrgreen: The deer obviously realised he’s not a vicious guard dog @Jemi and decided they were quite safe. Your log burner is very similar to the one we had in our last house, I loved the warmth and listening to the logs crackling on a cold day.

I hope all your lab work has been taken care of @missy, how are things otherwise with you? Glad the snow didn’t settle and cause problems for you.

@MamaBee, please try not to imagine the worst, we’ve got this far in the pandemic, and things are actually better now than at the start. We’re vaccinated and boostered, there are protocols available now, and your Mum is still OK despite what’s going on at the care facility. I know it’s easier said than done, but we will get through this.

When Colin and I went to HEB on Monday, there were lots of gaps on the shelves too @marcy. We don’t know if they hadn’t stocked up after the weekend, or whether people had just been stripping the shelves because it was cold and they were worried about another ‘snowpocalypse’. That’s what they called the bad whether last February.

Hope your Mum is doing well @canuk-gal and holding her own.

We went up to the house, nothing else has been done, although I’m sure there was more plasterboard stacked up in the garage, and some idiot has run over the edge of the drip field with an excavator :roll: Apparently now the spray foam ‘may’ be done next week.

I’ve made a huge cottage pie for dinner tonight, and Colin has, yet again, been doing battle with the banks. How hard is it to give them our money? A LOT harder than you would think!!!! Oi, hopefully we’ll get there in the end.

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Thursday!

We accomplished a lot yesterday. Lab work for me and then lots and lots of errands. We are fully stocked food wise for a few weeks now. I always feel very satisfied when we are successful in our food shopping expeditions. :)

@MamaBee I am glad you got more tests. I honestly am not even trying now. It's too hard. I figure if g-d forbid we feel ill we will quarantine anyway so it isn't critical at the moment for us to stress about not having the rapid tests. We don't really go anywhere anyway. And there is no visiting my family at the moment either. I am worried about my dad and he had to see the cardiologist as an emergency yesterday and she set him up for a Doppler at 9AM today. I am praying he is OK. XOXO.

@Austina it was sleeting yesterday morning and we didnt realize it til we left the house at 6AM. Greg made me hold onto him as we walked because it was icy. All is well at this moment thanks for asking. I am sorry about your house slow down and hope sooner than later your home dreams are realized. It is a long process I know and thank goodness you are with Adam and Kim and are in a good situation. Hugs.

@Jemi LOL southern winter storm. I hear you! Yesterday it was icy sleet in the AM and warmed up to the high 40s where it felt positively balmy lol. It's not just the southeast with crazy weather. Stay cozy and warm and hug Kine from me. Confidence is a wonderful quality. XOXO.

@rainwood thank you and I cannot wait to try it. Yummmmmmm. And hugs.

@Slick1 @bling_dream19 good morning and have a great day girls. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope the week is going well.
Off to an appointment this morning and then it looks like decent weather for a hike.
Hope you have a good Thursday. Hugs.

Leaving you with our only tree ornament. That's right. Our tree is still standing. Haha take that kitties. They haven't knocked it down yet. :lol:

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.44.36 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Thank you @Calliecake, I’m trying to fight the good fight, but Kim is fattening us up! :lol:

:mrgreen: The deer obviously realised he’s not a vicious guard dog @Jemi and decided they were quite safe. Your log burner is very similar to the one we had in our last house, I loved the warmth and listening to the logs crackling on a cold day.

I hope all your lab work has been taken care of @missy, how are things otherwise with you? Glad the snow didn’t settle and cause problems for you.

@MamaBee, please try not to imagine the worst, we’ve got this far in the pandemic, and things are actually better now than at the start. We’re vaccinated and boostered, there are protocols available now, and your Mum is still OK despite what’s going on at the care facility. I know it’s easier said than done, but we will get through this.

When Colin and I went to HEB on Monday, there were lots of gaps on the shelves too @marcy. We don’t know if they hadn’t stocked up after the weekend, or whether people had just been stripping the shelves because it was cold and they were worried about another ‘snowpocalypse’. That’s what they called the bad whether last February.

Hope your Mum is doing well @canuk-gal and holding her own.

We went up to the house, nothing else has been done, although I’m sure there was more plasterboard stacked up in the garage, and some idiot has run over the edge of the drip field with an excavator :roll: Apparently now the spray foam ‘may’ be done next week.

I’ve made a huge cottage pie for dinner tonight, and Colin has, yet again, been doing battle with the banks. How hard is it to give them our money? A LOT harder than you would think!!!! Oi, hopefully we’ll get there in the end.

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

Hi Ladies,

I have been lurking and enjoying the posts on the thread. @MamaBee, I read something yesterday that I thought might give you some comfort. I know you are beside yourself with worry for your mom.The column is in the NYT TheMorning by David Leonhardt. Just sharing this so maybe it will give you the comfort it gave me. My mom is 86 and lives in a retirement community with common areas.

The paragraph I found helpful:

"Consider this: Before Omicron, a typical 75-year-old who contracted Covid would have roughly similar risk of death - around 1 in 200, as a typical 75-year-old who contracted the flu... Omicron has changed the calculation. Because it is now milder than earlier versions of the virus, Covid now appears to present less threat to most vaccinated elderly people than the annual flu".

I hope everyone stays safe. @missy, sending good vibes for your father.
XOXOXO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I have been lurking and enjoying the posts on the thread. @MamaBee, I read something yesterday that I thought might give you some comfort. I know you are beside yourself with worry for your mom.The column is in the NYT TheMorning by David Leonhardt. Just sharing this so maybe it will give you the comfort it gave me. My mom is 86 and lives in a retirement community with common areas.

The paragraph I found helpful:

"Consider this: Before Omicron, a typical 75-year-old who contracted Covid would have roughly similar risk of death - around 1 in 200, as a typical 75-year-old who contracted the flu... Omicron has changed the calculation. Because it is now milder than earlier versions of the virus, Covid now appears to present less threat to most vaccinated elderly people than the annual flu".

I hope everyone stays safe. @missy, sending good vibes for your father.
XOXOXO

@MMtwo Thank you so much for showing this to me..It does make me feel better..Big hugs..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh @missy I hope your dad will be okay…I will pray and send love to him and your family. XOXOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MamaBee @MMtwo
I am on pins and needles and so worried. I tried calling my mom. My dad’s appointment should be over by now. Should have been over an hour ago. I can’t get in touch with them. Oy to the vey. I’m so nervous. Please be ok. :pray:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @MamaBee @MMtwo
I am on pins and needles and so worried. I tried calling my mom. My dad’s appointment should be over by now. Should have been over an hour ago. I can’t get in touch with them. Oy to the vey. I’m so nervous. Please be ok. :pray:

We’re waiting with you @missy..❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you hear anything yet @missy?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy, I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad. Everything crossed that he’s OK and your delay in hearing from them is that the appointment over ran. Sending lots of love and positive thoughts. xxx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry girls. I meant to post earlier. My mom called me as they were leaving the appointment. They don’t have the results yet. Hopefully the cardiologist will contact them soon. I appreciate your caring support. ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok..Bling therapy..My husband gave me mad money for Christmas and my birthday. It’s today..:bigsmile:
It’s a lot of money but not enough for a four carat emerald cut diamond. I could get a smaller one and add two smaller emerald cuts on either side. Instead..I could get a blingy emerald cut eternity band. I would have money left over. I could also get a preloved solitaire ring already made. The thought of trying to get asets or know if they’re blinking in the middle at the right time stresses me out. I always wanted an emerald cut diamond but I think I would be happy with a band instead a smallish solitaire one. Any thoughts? I don’t want to save up for next year. Next year I will most likely be done with buying new jewelry. I’ll go back to buying things for the house. Help me please.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday Joanne!!!!

144D7C1A-D782-4EC9-8DD1-854B9BA2C795.gif

As for your difficult decision I’d say hold out for what you really and truly want. An emerald cut diamond. Because that itch won’t be scratched by anything else. Don’t settle!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Joanne I added to my post above. Don’t settle. That’s my sage advice to you. And hope you enjoy my gift to you. Lol and Hubba hubba ❤️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wishing you the best birthday ever @MamaBee, you deserve the best of everything!

I second Missy, don't settle, if it means waiting to get what you really want, then it's better to wait than buy something to ease the itch now.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
39D9116B-CB44-4F3F-BC70-BB4FB786BA0D.jpeg

Wishing you the best birthday ever @MamaBee, you deserve the best of everything!

I second Missy, don't settle, if it means waiting to get what you really want, then it's better to wait than buy something to ease the itch now.

Thank you @Austina! I just don’t want to go over budget because my husband has been very generous. I think I could be happy with less.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Happy Birthday @MamaBee

@Calliecake trust me - I am very glad to be home during this storm. Marty said there were over 2 foot drifts on the driveway this morning. I am sure I’ll get some questions from work at some point. I think the red yarn I ordered Marty is a bright color; it’s always hard to know until you see it though. Good idea for your DH to have a florescent orange hat when he used to shovel the walkway years ago. There are hunters around and idiots with guns where Marty goes to get pictures of the moose. Funny story on Fitbits - Marty had one for a while and one time it thought he walked to Atlanta - woo hoo he got in lots of steps that day. It also got knocked off his wrist on a flight not too long after that and he never replaced it. He does wear an Apple Watch though that tracks things.

Hi @Karl_K

@missy yes being retired is pretty great especially with all that snow and frigid temperatures out there. I am going to enjoy not dreaming our thinking about work anymore. It would be wonderful if our drawers and closets will organize themselves. I might tackle one or two every Tuesday since trash day is Wednesday. I can pack up things to donate then and become a regular at the Salvation Army. Gorgeous picture from your walk. I hope you are done with lab work for a while. I need to call my doctor and find out WTH is he going to do about my anemia??? Nice to be stocked on food for weeks. Mega dust going out to you dad; I hope he is OK.

@Jemi too cute Ki is your protector. I love it.

@MamaBee mmm ice cream. We had some last night and I cut up 2 Reeses PB cubs I’ve had in the frig since Halloween to put on top of the ice cream. Now that Marty is back to work I feel like I’m working at home again except I’m not really working. Yesterday wasn’t a good test either - with our storm going on Marty’s calls were done by 1 pm, he closed his gym due to the blizzard conditions so we ate supper together and watched a movie. I am glad you are looking forward to your DH retiring. Will he travel back and forth with you? Yes, I will continue to wear my jewelry but probably every day. My bracelets and pendants might get ignored though. I definitely pull out earrings and rings every day. I like most of my pieces too much to not enjoy them. Thank you about my ornament, I hope Marty can fix it too. I have a niece-in-law that does beautiful sculpty clay figures and I bet I can get her to make me one. I was totally nodding my head at those little things in the kitchen - I am scraping toast crumbs out of the butter all the time. I just remind myself if that’s the worse problem I have then I am doing pretty darned good. Marty cracks his ankle all the time - some tendon snaps and that drives me CRAZY. Once it starts irritating me I say something like -what’s that a cracky noise and he attempts to knock it off; it’s a nervous tick though not something he even notices doing. I just noticed the quote in your signature - I used to say that all the time in college; I had this little quote book I’d pull out all the time and once I found that one it was my go to line. How fun to get mad money - I’d vote of a EC diamond - I LOVE EC diamonds. There is nothing like them IMO. Your other options are great too; you can’t go wrong with any of them.

@Austina I wonder if last week stocked shelves were bad because of a holiday weekend? Let’s hope so. They did have snowpacolyse last spring. We are having a snowmagedon here this week. Marty is already using his snow blower more than he expected. Should we create a pool how long before he has me hire back our shoveling service? Oh no someone run over the drip field at your house; it’s good you can go check on the progress now. Wish Colin good luck getting your money moved. I talked to my company’s 401K provider today who is trying to talk me out of closing my account and moving it to my credit union. I guess I get a real decent rate as a retiree which may make up my mind but I’ll see what the financial guy at the credit union says. As I told Marty they are both salesman trying to keep my business. I want whichever place can invest it and make money on it.

I slept in until 7:15. Woo hoo! It was still cold and snowy when I got up. I baked a huge roast for lunch - it was over 7 pounds and still frozen so Marty was happy how rare it was in the middle. I baked some potatoes with the roast. Tomorrow I think I’ll make homemade soup and cornbread. Good weather for it.

Rumor has it we ended up with 8” of snow but with all the drifts it’s hard to tell. Marty thinks we had more than that here after he shoveled. He didn’t close the gym tonight so he left early to get the shoveling done there too.

Last night we rented Last Duel - it was pretty good. Supposedly based on a true story from the late 1300’s.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls from the very snowy Jersey Shore! Happy FriYAY!
It's a state of emergency supposedly. It's pitch dark out so I can't see how much snow has fallen but listening to the news it seems a fair amount. @marcy watch out we are giving you (not lol) a run for your snowy weather.

And brrrrr it's cold out there. Staying inside warm and cozy.

@MamaBee it's an excellent problem to have and whatever you decide I have no doubt it will be purrrrrfect. Your taste is exquisite.

@marcy you probably have more snow than we do lol but it still feels like it's going to be a long winter. And it just started. LOL. We are watching a good movie we started last night but didn't finish yet. Waves. From 2019. It's on Showtime. Thanks for your good wishes for my dad. Glad retirement is treating you well so far. And yes what is he going to do about your anemia. I forget what type of anemia it is? Iron deficiency? Some types are easier to treat than others...sending you lots of good wishes for a full recovery. And stay warm and cozy and safe. No driving necessary because you don't have to go to work woohoo.

@Austina bet you're glad you're in Texas lol. I wish I was at this moment. :lol:
Thank you for your caring wishes. So far no updates. Have a lovely day.

@MMtwo glad things are going well and your mom is doing well. I envy those whose parents are safe and sound and taken care of in a caring community. Mine are quite stubborn and plan on staying in their house til they die. Sigh. And thanks for the good wishes. Waiting for his results.

@canuk-gal we might have more snow than you. More opportunities to wear our Olang boots. Haha. I am giving my red ones quite the workout. I have white and black Olangs too but I reach for the red ones most of all. Stay warm

@Slick1 hope today is a snow day for you.
And you can work from home.

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY! Hope the weekend is a good one.

Hi to everyone else. I will try taking photos of the snow when it is light out but it is very dark here still.
Photo of our backyard from our snowstorm last winter. February 2021.

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 6.30.12 AM.png

We will see how today compares..I am hearing predictions of lots and lots of snow.
@rainwood fingers crossed you don't have any shoveling to do...you have had your more than fair share already.

Happy snowy FriYAY from the NE!
XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snowy photos as promised. From inside. Sorry it's too cold atm to brave outdoors. Maybe later. For you girls. :)

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 7.33.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 7.33.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 7.33.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 7.32.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 7.32.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 7.32.03 AM.png
Yup, keeping our tree til the days are light late. I love the glow of the tree at night and early morning. And who says we can only have a Christmas Tree at Christmas time? Nope. We can have the tree any time we want the tree. That's right. No rules for us. We are crazy and free. :lol:

There is snow on our beach! So pretty.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news. Doppler was fine and my dad’s blood work was good. So he is supposed to take lasix (two days ago but he hasn’t started yet oy to the vey). And i guess we will see. She doesn’t know why he is swollen. But good news it’s not a blood clot. Thanks girls.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news. Doppler was fine and my dad’s blood work was good. So he is supposed to take lasix (two days ago but he hasn’t started yet oy to the vey). And i guess we will see. She doesn’t know why he is swollen. But good news it’s not a blood clot. Thanks girls.

That’s such great news @missy! What a relief for all of you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results