shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! It was a day for being on the phone! I got absolutely nothing done..Well…I did..I found a diamond I like but it’s an H color. It looks pretty white. The numbers look okay to me..but I’m not even near knowing what I’m looking at. If it’s a beautiful white facing color without yellow like mrs-b’s gorgeous H color ACA I will he very happy. Of course emerald cuts show more color. I’m trying to be brave about posting it on Rocky Talk. I want to put it on hold first.

I hope everyone is having a great day! We got some snow..but the roads look clear now..

BBRS! Figure that one out! :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a link of the diamond on RT…Please go look and comment in case no one answers me! :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY BIRTHDAY @MamaBee!!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I can’t wait to see what you decide to buy. What type of ring do you think you would wear more often? I love emerald diamonds too. It was a BIG day for the NIRDI’s the day @marcy got her emerald diamond. I don’t know who was happier or more excited, Marcy or the rest of us for her. My husband was home that day. I remember him saying “Callie, you know you aren’t the one getting a new ring today….right?”

@marcy, LOL Can you please give Marty my Fitbit? At 7 degrees outside some how going for a long walk outside just doesn’t sound like fun. I would go ahead and hire the snow service. It’s not easy finding snow services around where I live. The last thing Marty needs is to throw out his back. I’m glad you are enjoying being home and your beautiful car is sitting in the garage on blizzard days. Your dinners always sound so delicious. I hope they get to the bottom of what is causing your anemia quickly. Are you feeling well?

@Austina, Have they given you a tIme frame when they think your new home will be finished? Do you plan on using a lot of the furniture from your former home or are you planning on purchasing new? We ended up purchasing a lot of new furniture. It actually worked out well. The woman who bought our old home wanted to purchase much of the furniture. You are going to have so much fun decorating. It’s going to beautiful Austina. I smiled when you said you made cottage pie. That was my dad’s favorite dinner when I was kid.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

GAK.. What a week. Work is very busy and heavy. Tell me again why I missed it? I was in bed by 8 or 9 pm every night this week. The whole month will be rinse, repeat.

The cold front is entrenched. -25C and icy as hell. Flurries at present. Also my Moms CHF is not improving--she needs IV Lasix. Can't win. :(sad

@missy I hope you are staying warm! I had a medical appt today and drove in icy conditions--had I not needed to leave the house I wouldn't have. Walking is a nightmare but our good boots do help! Yet I just saw someone jogging.... Hope your Dad improves! Such a worry. Oh and our tree is still up and glowing! Not ready to take the tree down--I'm with you on this. I still listen to Christmas music!!!!

@marcy may you long enjoy your retirement! I know people like snow but I am NOT one of them.

@Austina how can you crack the whip on your builders? Supply chain issues are a PITA.

@MamaBee belated happy birthday. I hope you get the emerald cut of your dreams. Hope your Mom stays safe.

@Calliecake how's things? My Creed stash is almost gone. LOL

Some fun news tho, I get to help my friend buy VCA jewellery. I am tempted!! And I had a cheeseburger, some fries and onion rings today! No cooking, yay!

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

We got about 8" of snow I think. It was so windy yesterday plus cold that we stayed in for the day and played cards. It was nice and cozy and warm. Today is another freezing day so I doubt I want to go out. But we shall see. As promised I took a photo for you.

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 6.10.09 AM.png

Yesterday early morning Greg went out to shovel a path for the feral kitties and also a path for deliveries which we actually received yesterday despite two being delayed for delivery today.

@canuk-gal ugh I am sorry you had to brave the icy conditions to get to a medical appointment and yeah I feel the same. We do what we have to do but when we can stay home during icy conditions that is preferable. OMG to the jogger in the ice and snow. Crazy lol. That person needs to get a treadmill haha. Thank you for the good wishes for my dad. And I am still listening to Christmas music too! Until Greg objects I will be happily listening lol. And we listen to the Nutcracker while preparing dinner each night. Hard to get tired of that. :) Stay warm and cozy and safe Sharon and hugs.

@MamaBee any decisions? I am super excited for you.

@Slick1 sending you hugs and good wishes.

@springerspaniel have a wonderful weekend.

@marcy what's a weekend? :lol:

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are enjoying a lovely Saturday.
Sending coffee to all. Ahhhh Coffee.

bitmojocoffee.jpg

And since it is Caturday Saturday here you do. Fresh off the presses. Meowwwww.

He's a real PITA at times but also a real mush.

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 6.17.10 AM.png

Enjoy a purrrrfectly wonderful Saturday sweet friends. XOXO.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy your snow is pretty - if only it wasn’t cold and icy. Too cute of the kitty watching the snow through the window and yes to keep up the Christmas tree. I was going to start taking ours down yesterday but nope - it’s still up and the lights are still going. Glad to hear your dad’s tests were okay - and I hope he is feeling better now. My anemia is not from iron deficiency; he thinks it’s MDS which from what I can tell is one of the worst kind. My red blood cells are too small and too large. You know us NIRDI’s why would any of us have a medical issue that’s straight forward, easy to treat and easy to diagnose? Ha Ha about what’s a weekend. I seriously have to check my phone sometimes to see what day of the week it is that day.

@MamaBee ooh how exciting to be looking at a H EC diamond. I’ll check it out shortly.

@Calliecake that was an exciting day for us when I found my EC diamond. I wore it yesterday after @MamaBee mentioned she was looking for one. I toy with have my EC studs become side stones and make a 3 stone ring but I think I’d miss my EC studs. Too funny about giving Marty your Fitbit. He does put in a lot of steps every day. He said his knees are hurting from shoveling; I wonder if it’s that he is tall? It is hard to find shoveling services here too. The guys we had were really good but recently showed up pretty late or even the next day. I think some of it was because we had a neighbor that used to clear the sidewalk and driveway with his snowblower (just to be nice) so maybe we got moved to the end of their list. They basically only had to do our walkway to the front door and the 3rd car bay of our driveway. I have been feeling a bit better since I quit working; probably less stress has helped.

@canuk-gal sorry to hear work was so busy this week on top of frigid temperature. Sorry you have to venture out to an appointment on ice. I have gotten so I absolutely HATE walking on ice. I totally thought of you when a Tiffany email showed up with a gorgeous leaf diamond bracelet - I’m getting me that one when I hit it big on the lotto. I am glad you are having fun helping your friend pick out some jewelry. That is one of my favorite things to do as well.

I downloaded a jigsaw puzzle app for my iPad yesterday and have wasted many, many hours doing that. The app was free with ads and after being seriously annoyed by too many adds I sprung for the $4.99 fee to get rid of ads. I’m a big spender you know.

I spent a few hours today changing passwords. Apparently my FB / Instagram account was hacked so while I was updating things I went through my suggested this has been compromised list and updated those passwords as well. This time I used a rando suggested password so let’s hope I saved them all properly.

Marty got up very early and went to one of our local parks to get pictures. He didn’t see a moose but got a cute squirrel picture. I was blissfully asleep and hadn’t realized he was gone so set off the alarm when I wandered out of the bedroom. That even woke up the teddy bears and killer rabbits.

I did some gym bookkeeping lessons today as well. I even printed out the income / expenses report for 2021 for taxes. Sweet. I created a few invoices for some new clients and deposited a few checks. Marty has got several new clients from the nice article they ran about him in the paper.

Take care.
Marcy
Squirrel.jpg

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hey @canuk-gal what kind of Creed do you use? I am getting rid of my overflowing closet full of perfumes, lotions, etc. and I have a few Creed items, so I can check if I have what you use.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy thank you for continuing to support by Tiffany bracelet dream through LOTTO.. Now "yours" is on my radar! :P2 :kiss2: Unfortunately I only got 2 free plays today. Oh well.

Your squirrel picture is adorable. My DH is obsessed with that fella on you tube who builds mazes for squirrels (their object is to get walnuts) that are very elaborate.

NIRDI shout out!

Warmer today but still cold. I got a big haircut--shortest my hair has been in ages. Feels very light!

@missy I LOL about your "get a treadmill" comment. Like, NO kidding!!!! One slip on ice can truly ruin your life.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @canuk-gal what kind of Creed do you use? I am getting rid of my overflowing closet full of perfumes, lotions, etc. and I have a few Creed items, so I can check if I have what you use.

OHMIGOD what an offer!!!! I love PS. :kiss2: I've used quite a few....I love the Oud, gardenia and tuberose, and anything rose or with white petal flowers.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal isn’t that bracket gorgeous? Tell your DH to look for Daylight Robbery squirrels on YouTube. They are awesome. It’s about people trying to prevent squirrels from getting food or birdseed but the squirrels generally win.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal isn’t that bracket gorgeous? Tell your DH to look for Daylight Robbery squirrels on YouTube. They are awesome. It’s about people trying to prevent squirrels from getting food or birdseed but the squirrels generally win.

Will do!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Tiffany has matching dangle earrings. Ooh.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh my goodness @missy, that looks so pretty but I can well imagine how cold it is out. I’m there with you on staying in and keeping warm. He make be a tinker, but he’s a loveable tinker :lol: So glad to hear your Dad’s results were OK, what a huge relief for you all.

No date on the horizon @Calliecake. When they told us the windows were delayed, the builder did say then that in ordinary circumstances, the house would be finished in 3 months. They just won’t commit to a date because they have no control over delivery of the things they’re waiting for. We have shipped our sitting room furniture, it is fairly new and I love it and certainly haven’t seen anything like it here, same for the dining room furniture. 2 beds which were rarely used, the sofas we had in the orangery which were new and that’s about it for furniture. The rest of the container has crockery and glasses, and our personal items.

Sitting room furniture

Orangery furniture
Dining room furniture
I reluctantly left my beautiful Italian glass breakfast table, it was just too difficult to pack, so we need a new breakfast table, and some furniture for the games room, but 2 more beds for the house. Other than that, what we have will fit perfectly. Of course, we need all new electrical appliances.

Those kind of temperatures are totally unimaginable to me @canuk-gal, I know you’re probably used to it, and of course the country is set up to deal with it, but brrrrrrrr! Sorry work is a bear ATM, and that your Mum is still having issues.

How great that the article generated some new clients for Marty @marcy, just goes to show the power of positive press. I bet you’re mighty glad you don‘t have to go out in the awful weather anymore. I’m pleased to hear you’re finding plenty to keep you occupied and out of mischief! Have you ever seen the videos of squirrels set to the Mission Impossible music? They’re very clever little critters, and Dottie loved nothing better than chasing them up the trees.

Did you make a decision on the diamond @MamaBee? Emerald cuts are just so effortlessly elegant, and I can’t wait to see what you decide on.

I hope you and your lovely pups are doing well @springerspaniel.

Busy couple of days here, Kim & I went to get our hair cut, only the woman wasn’t there, some kind of communication mix up, so we went to a different supermarket and then to the Asian market. It was quite an experience :mrgreen: We’ve spent the afternoon cooking and prepping food for next week. We’re going to get our hair done tomorrow, so fingers crossed it works out.

Hope you’re all having a great weekend. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Sunday!

@marcy ugh I am sorry. I remember you told me that and my memory is not good. I wish I had a fix for you. But I am sending you bucketloads of healing dust. You are so right. When we do something/get something we don't play around. It's always the most challenging issue with a challenging solution. Gotta laugh or we would never stop crying. Lots of hugs and well wishes and good thoughts. Ugh about getting hacked. I thought it was suspicious getting a message from you on FB and I deleted it without even knowing you were hacked for sure. It felt wrong because you always text me. Glad I listened to my intuition. I meant to text you and ask but we were really busy all day yesterday as we decided to go out and have fun in the snow. Glad we did and more on that below. Happy Sunday and enjoy. Glad Marty got some new clients and beautiful squirrel.

@Austina love the furniture and fingers crossed you get good news soon. Speaking of fingers crossed. XOXO.

@MamaBee in my gut I know it's going to have a happy ending. And my fingers are crossed. Big hugs!

@canuk-gal we are getting absolutely frigid temps here this coming week. Canadian temperatures. We are about to break record temperatures. Not happy about that mainly for the feral cats and praying they can survive this week and the rest of winter. Hope you are remaining warm and cozy. Hugs.

@springerspaniel what a generous offer. I have stopped wearing perfume since I read it can mess up our hormones. But not ready to part with all my delicious fragrances just yet. In case I change my mind or read something contrary about it messing us up. I was not happy to read that but if there is one thing I have learned over the past few years it is I must face things head on no matter how unhappy the data makes me. How are Freddie and Clyde doing? Our sweet friend N's pup Jenny came down with Giardia so she isn't walking her outside for now. We have an open offer standing to walk Jenny whenever the weather is inclement since N is elderly and when we contacted her to walk Jenny the other day with the snow she told us. It is so easy for our pets to get parasites. But I digress. Anyway please hug Freddie and Clyde from me. XOXO.

Hi @DAF hope you are having a lovely weekend.

@bling_dream19 hope you are having a good weekend. Hugs.

@Slick1 good morning and have a great day. Hugs to Bear and you.

Hi to everyone else.

We ended up going out yesterday and walking/hiking and I have to admit it was so much fun.
I wore my Olang boots (thank you @canuk-gal ) with the spikes down and felt secure. It was an energetic outing and really lots of fun. Beautiful and peaceful.

snowyhike2022.png

And the sun was shining brightly so it really made if feel much warmer than the temperature reading.
My only concern was falling but I felt secure with the boot spikes firmly anchored on the icy snow and we were careful.
Glad we went out because the upcoming week is looking to be dangerously cold. I am concerned about the ferals. Poor sweeties.

Today it is raining/sleeting at the moment but there is a window between late morning and early afternoon and if it pans out we are going out hiking again. Because next week is an impossible week regarding doing outdoor activities. One the temps are frigid. In the teens windchills in the negative numbers Fahrenheit. And second of all I have a big day Monday in the city with a doctor. Appointments will last much of the day. Then another big day Wednesday and Thursday. So yeah not really excited about next week but to get it over with yes lol. And hoping for the best. Anyway stay cozy and warm and comfy and safe and enjoy a lovely Sunday. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 5.56.46 AM.png

And leaving you with our backyard at sunset last night. If you look closely you can see the feral kitty tracks in the snow.
So far they are all eating and doing OK. Please think good thoughts for them to survive this brutal weather week coming. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 6.03.34 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! And happy Monday! It is a big day today for me but before I go I am sharing some photos with you from our walk yesterday. It was another wonderful day with an energetic walk due to the snow. Really beautiful and hardly anyone else around. I love the stillness and beauty.
Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 5.33.32 AM.png

@springerspaniel I took this for you. Our favorite tree. In winter snow. Holding strong.
Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 5.33.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 5.32.51 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful day girls and @MamaBee when do we get our ermmm I mean your (:bigsmile:) ring?

:appl:

Oh and the kitties wishing you all a purrrrrfect day.

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 5.37.54 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m sending the wire today! I have to call first to make an appointment. Getting David moving and out the door will be a challenge. I have to also figure out where to get an appraisal should I keep it. Lots to think about and do so I can get it insured. First I have to make the decision to keep it. Then I have to get it appraised for insurance. I don’t want to leave it with an appraiser when it’s not insured. USAA always wants an appraisal before they insure it. Then they only insure it for the purchase price. I would never be able to replace it for what I’m paying. That’s okay but I don’t want to leave it with a jeweler without it being insured. :wall:
Good morning to everyone else! I’ll be back later! Have a good day! XO

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday everyone and Nirdi shoutout! @missy love and big hugs to you always. I love the snow pictures. The stillness of the snow and the cold really is energizing.
@marcy I'm thrilled for you in your retired life! More time to enjoy the bling and the sweetness of life.
@MamaBee I love your 3 stone emerald cut diamond ring! Costco is amazing and I hope you have the executive membership for the 2% cash back.
Love and hugs to all for a wonderful day!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Have you got it yet @MamaBee, have you got it yet? :lol: Please put us out of our misery and let us know whether it’s a keeper or not. When I took Bella to be valued, I did ask if my jewellery was insured whilst in their care, they were very vague, so I just waited while the appraiser did his stuff.

Awwwww, love the photo of the kitties waiting at the door @missy , just too cute and what a homecoming. Wow the snow really looks beautiful, but I’m glad it’s not here! I hope your day went well.

Also got a new ‘do’ and a very much needed colour @canuk-gal, I feel positively human again!

Hope you’re continuing to enjoy not having the Monday grind anymore @marcy, retirement certainly beats that Monday feeling.

I spent several hours putting all the tree ornaments away, they’re now not only in colours, but also in categories, shiny, matte and sparkly! Should make it easier next year to decorate the tree and ensure there aren’t two the same next to each other.

We caught up with our friends via WhatsApp video this afternoon, they say it’s freezing in the UK.

We took our Christmas photos yesterday as Kim and I were both waiting to get our hair done :mrgreen:

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow what a difference a day makes--difference in temp of 15 degrees! Crazy! But I do prefer the +9C temps. It was a slush fest out there today. Glad I didn't go into work although 10 different people asked me 10 x. The rest of the week will be busy enough. :rolleyes:

@missy those kitty in waiting pics at the door are adorable. I never tire of seeing them. Hope your family is doing well.

@Austina nothing like a "new do" to brighten up ones day. In my case, I think am 5 pounds lighter!!!

@marcy hope you get your anemia sorted.

@MamaBee how exciting your ring is on its way. I'm happy to live vicariously through other people purchases.

Stay safe and well folks.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina, I just read an article in our local paper about supply issues on building new homes and thought of you. Based on our grocery store this afternoon construction isn’t the only supply issue. Don’t get me started on that rant! I bet Dottie loved chasing squirrels up a tree, I’ll have to look for the Mission Impossible videos. Sounds great! That’s sweet of you to think I keep myself out of mischief - I tend to go out of my way looking for it but only to amuse myself. Good idea for you and Kim to cook food for the upcoming week. Nice to organize Christmas ornaments. Marty had yet to take down the lights and our tree. He definitely can’t get to lights on the house outside with that snow - our HOA frowns on leaving lights up 2 weeks past Christmas so we unplugged them then with snow on the ground and parts of the rough are a bit too risky until it melts.

@missy - no worries about remembering what kind of anemia the doctor thinks I have - only my teddy bears hang on every word I say. Ha Ha. Your winter wonderland photos are so pretty and that’s great you have spikes in your boots for walking around on that slick white stuff. I hope your appointment went well today and you do have a busy week ahead.

@MamaBee I can’t wait until you see your gorgeous new EC ring.

@bling_dream19 thank you - I am enjoying my retirement. Not missing work at all so far.

@canuk-gal glad to hear it warmed up a bit. We were above freezing today as well but side streets are solid icebergs right now. I picked up new lotto tickets for us today - cross your fingers we win big!!! Thanks for the well wishes on my anemia.

I’ve been wasting lots of time on the new Angry Birds app and that jigsaw puzzle app. I did venture out today for some errands and picked up groceries. I have a bill go pay for a repair we had last month so will venture out again tomorrow. I almost stopped by their store today since we hadn’t got a bill yet and there it was in my mailbox today. I got Marty’s red yarn today so I can start knitting his hat tomorrow as well.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal we won $3 on my Lucky for Life ticket. Hoping my Mega Millions ticket does better than that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy terrific Tuesday! It's a freezing windy day today. COLD COLD COLD. Keeping good thoughts for the feral. Please let them be OK!

@canuk-gal aww thank you and they send their purry love to you. Hope your family is doing well and shout out to your momma. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 you are the best. Thank you for your warm enthusiasm and love and right back at ya. You never fail to make me smile and feel good and I hope I can always do the same for you. Big hugs.

@Austina it is very sweet. Bobby is not in that photo as he doesn't like to take part in group activities lol. Glad you caught up with friends yesterday and good for you putting ornaments away. Our tree is still up with no plans to take it down for now haha. Today I have a zoom call with my friends and am looking forward to it. Hugs to Bertie.

@marcy haha thanks for sharing. You're a peach. Thank you for enjoying our winter wonderland and for sharing your snow. Glad you are enjoying retirement. What did I tell you? Woohoo on your big win...next time 1,000,000 times that fingers crossed. XO.

@Slick1 the streets here are clear and I hope they are by you too and that you are having a good week. XO.

@springerspaniel hugs to Clyde and Freddie! XO.

@MMtwo hope your 2022 is going well. XO.

Hi to everyone else. Happy update from me yay.

I saw the bone specialist yesterday and had another DXA and his words...my results are "Spectacular" or as the kitties like to say speCATular haha. Very relieved. He said I shouldn't expect to keep making such huge gains in bone health and that it is going to have to slow down soon but in the meanwhile it is great news. He said he has never seen such gains let alone in such a short time period. He was literally amazed.

We don't know for sure why but we both feel it has to be the HRT as a big part of the reason but also I am doing so many other things we cannot discount. He said he has never ever seen such a large improvement and in such a short time. He kept saying the word spectacular. And we really just cannot pinpoint why. So yeah another mystery but this time a good one and fingers crossed it doesn't backslide.

He doesn't want to see me back in 6 months unless I really want to so I agreed to seeing him in a year unless I change my mind. He is all about letting me repeat the DXA every 6 months if it makes me feel better emotionally but it is a huge trip and since he feels confident I am good I can wait. Whew. Big whew.

Thank you @MamaBee for holding my hand yesterday and for being there for me. And woohoo emerald cut diamond ring!!!! We cannot wait to see our, ermm I mean your, ring.

Greg patiently waiting with me for my appointments yesterday. Long day.

gregwaitingwithmecolumbiapresbyterian.png

Today we have lots of errands to run because tomorrow and Thursday are chock full of busy activities. And today is FREEZING. Wind chills negative temps. So running errands it shall be. Enjoy a wonderful day lovely ladies. XOXO.

olivercloseup.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM girls and happy terrific Tuesday! It's a freezing windy day today. COLD COLD COLD. Keeping good thoughts for the feral. Please let them be OK!

@canuk-gal aww thank you and they send their purry love to you. Hope your family is doing well and shout out to your momma. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 you are the best. Thank you for your warm enthusiasm and love and right back at ya. You never fail to make me smile and feel good and I hope I can always do the same for you. Big hugs.

@Austina it is very sweet. Bobby is not in that photo as he doesn't like to take part in group activities lol. Glad you caught up with friends yesterday and good for you putting ornaments away. Our tree is still up with no plans to take it down for now haha. Today I have a zoom call with my friends and am looking forward to it. Hugs to Bertie.

@marcy haha thanks for sharing. You're a peach. Thank you for enjoying our winter wonderland and for sharing your snow. Glad you are enjoying retirement. What did I tell you? Woohoo on your big win...next time 1,000,000 times that fingers crossed. XO.

@Slick1 the streets here are clear and I hope they are by you too and that you are having a good week. XO.

@springerspaniel hugs to Clyde and Freddie! XO.

@MMtwo hope your 2022 is going well. XO.

Hi to everyone else. Happy update from me yay.

I saw the bone specialist yesterday and had another DXA and his words...my results are "Spectacular" or as the kitties like to say speCATular haha. Very relieved. He said I shouldn't expect to keep making such huge gains in bone health and that it is going to have to slow down soon but in the meanwhile it is great news. He said he has never seen such gains let alone in such a short time period. He was literally amazed.

We don't know for sure why but we both feel it has to be the HRT as a big part of the reason but also I am doing so many other things we cannot discount. He said he has never ever seen such a large improvement and in such a short time. He kept saying the word spectacular. And we really just cannot pinpoint why. So yeah another mystery but this time a good one and fingers crossed it doesn't backslide.

He doesn't want to see me back in 6 months unless I really want to so I agreed to seeing him in a year unless I change my mind. He is all about letting me repeat the DXA every 6 months if it makes me feel better emotionally but it is a huge trip and since he feels confident I am good I can wait. Whew. Big whew.

Thank you @MamaBee for holding my hand yesterday and for being there for me. And woohoo emerald cut diamond ring!!!! We cannot wait to see our, ermm I mean your, ring.

Greg patiently waiting with me for my appointments yesterday. Long day.

gregwaitingwithmecolumbiapresbyterian.png

Today we have lots of errands to run because tomorrow and Thursday are chock full of busy activities. And today is FREEZING. Wind chills negative temps. So running errands it shall be. Enjoy a wonderful day lovely ladies. XOXO.

olivercloseup.png

@missy Please kiss Oliver’s sweet face for me! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! It is freeeezing here! I do have to go out for a pickup later. Today is also Brusters ice cream Wednesday. We will be frozen solid after eating it. We eat it in the car but then I have to get out to throw out the cups. I’m bringing a plastic bag with me so I don‘t have to get out of the car after eating it. Toooo cold!

@missy I’m so happy your Dexa results are great! What a relief this must be for you. The scan can’t lie..Believe it! You did the unbelievable!
Oliver is soooo cute! I love him…

@marcy I’m happy you are enjoying retirement.
I hope you get your anemia resolved.
I have been really enjoying the emerald/asscher thread you did a long time ago. I got up to page 14. Then I went backwards from I think 53. Your emerald cut is so pretty. I saw you upgraded it. They are both so pretty..Did you upgrade it at Shane’s?
Try to stay warm..It must be REALLY freezing where you are..

@Austina I wish I was as organized as you and Kim. Cooking for the week is a good idea. I wake up and decide that day what we’re going to have. I have to make two meals because I’m dieting…S likes really fattening things and then David wants it. So I’ve been making our dinner first and then I make a separate dinner for S. Today he wants sausage and peppers so David and I will pick up salads. Wednesday’s are my break days from cooking..Brusters open at 3 during the fall and winter so it interferes with cooking. :bigsmile:
Our Christmas decorations are still up because S hurt his back so he can’t bring up the boxes from the basement storage room. Ours stay up so long where it becomes creepy. He and David would leave them up all year. S has OCD..not really..but he doesn’t like things out of place. I plan on taking the decorations and loading them on tables so he’ll have to get the containers. His back is definitely okay enough to get them.
BBIAB I’m loving the abbreviations! Hahaha

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I am thrilled at your good report card from the bone specialist. That is great news! Darn you don’t know exactly why but all your efforts are paying off. It’s like my cholesterol - it was good so I am continuing to eat my Cheerios for breakfast - why risk it, right? I did just tell Marty he should go with me to collect the “LOOT” I won on that lottery ticket. He gave me a look like “woman you are crazy!” It sounds like very cold temps there today - I didn’t share that with you. I swear. It’s in the 30’s here today.

@MamaBee I can’t wait to see pictures of your EC ring and I hope it exceeds your expectations and you love it. I’m just cold(er) thinking about you eating ice cream in the car when it’s so cold out. Good idea to take a trash bag so you don’t have to get back out of the car. I think we are warmer this week than where you live. Don’t worry though - the wind is picking up again so it will be miserable out here as well. Isn’t that EC / Asscher thread amazing? I have gone through it all several times. Yes, I upgraded my EC several times at the Shane Company - the first one was gorgeous and the last one I am thrilled with - the ones in between were nice. Each one of them had their own personalities. I will post my “group” picture below. Good luck getting the Christmas decorations down and taken care of - I’m hoping we can get the tree and lights outside taken down this week. I get the ones outside but wish Marty would take down the tree in the den. I might try it myself. Just have to pull lights off and take the tree apart.

I lifted this morning and need to do a batch of laundry. I am going to start on Marty’s knit hat this afternoon after I run my errands.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee here is my assorted EC upgrades. I can't complain about how nice their upgrade policy is; I always have a down payment on my next purchase.
AllEC.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow @marcy, your EC journey has come a long way. Your 1.21 E is spectacular, I love the proportions, it’s just perfect. We’re also seeing low stock and even some empty shelves in the supermarket, don’t know whether it’s staff shortages not filling the shelves, or low supplies. I’m so glad to hear you’re not missing work, isn’t retirement great?

Woohoo @missy :dance: the BEST news ever, you must be thrilled that your bone level has increased so much, one less thing to be concerned with. It’s also really cold here today too, not @canuk-gal and @marcy cold, but cold for Texas! That cheeky face and lovely pink nose are just adorable.

Sounds practically tropical where you are @canuk-gal :lol: What a difference a day makes. Glad you didn’t have to go out in the slush, it’s the pits.

I’m not normally that organised either @MamaBee, I used to just see what we had and then decide what to cook. Kim likes to know what we’re having, it makes it easier because she works, and then I can cook whatever we’ve decided on, or if she’s prepped something. We had Char Sui pork yesterday, which she’d marinaded the day before. I have a feeling your’e going to love your ring when it arrives, I know some people are snobby about Costco jewellery, but I’ve seen some spectacular pieces in their show cases.

How’re things with you @bling_dream19, any more projects in the pipeline?

I had to go to the tax office today to get my personal plates assigned to the car. We actually had to drive around the car park for 15 mins to find a space, and then waited about 40 minutes for our number to get called. In the event, it took less than 5 minutes to actually sort it out and I had to pay 50 cents for a new tag. DMV system should update my details in 24-48 hours, then I can put my plates on he car. The man asked to see the plates as he said the prisoners don’t always make them the same. My car plates are my initials and the first 3 letters of my surname which spells a word :mrgreen:

And finally, some good news on the house, the insulation’s been done, and the windows ‘should’ arrive on Monday :appl: We’re going up tomorrow to have a look.

Keep safe and warm in this chilly weather :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee here is my assorted EC upgrades. I can't complain about how nice their upgrade policy is; I always have a down payment on my next purchase.
AllEC.jpeg

Marcy…All of them are beautiful..but the 1.21 E VS1 emerald cut diamond is so icy white and gorgeous! Thank you for the photos! I keep going back to the Asscher/Emerald cut thread is addictive!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's wonderful Wednesday!

@marcy swoon! What a collection. Drool drool drool. In this weather my drool is turning to ice! LOL.
Nice your weather was in the 30s yesterday. We are seeing the coldest temps we haven't seen for many years. Today is a bit warmer thankfully. The poor ferals. Praying they are OK. Our mailman is so nice. He thought he saw Snowflake last month and he left us a note saying when he sees us he will show us the photo. And yesterday we saw him (through the glass door-he had a mask on and I kept the door closed) and he showed me the photo he took. It wasn't of Snowflake sadly. But it was so sweet of him to think of us and remember about Snowflake. I haven't seen the mailman since Autumn. He isn/t our regular guy (yet but he is trying to be) but every now and then he delivers our mail since our mailman retired last year. But I digress. Yummmm to Cheerios for breakfast or dinner. Haha.

@Austina it is a relief but part of me doesn't believe the results. They are atypical in a big way. So the cynic in me is well, cynical. LOL. But I am doing all I can do and that is all I can do for now. I will continue my regime and hope for the best. Thank you for your good wishes. Glad you got your personalized plates finished and woohoo on the house insulation being completed. Wonderful news.

@MamaBee where is our ring???? Cmon ring...icy weather for an icy white emerald cut diamond. SWOON.

@canuk-gal hope you are having a lovely week.

@bling_dream19 hope you are staying warm and cozy.

@Slick1 hope all is going smoothly.

Hi to everyone else. I enjoyed a really wonderful Zoom call yesterday that lasted very long so long in fact I had to excuse myself to insert my rectal Progesterone LOL. It went that long. The reason we decided to do every other week was to keep the call about an hour or so but yesterday's zoom call was 3 hours. I cannot do 3 hours every other week unless we start at 4PM which we cannot do as one of the girls is on the west coast. But anyhoo it was a good call and lots of support and info. I forgot how nice it is to really connect with people. The pandemic has made certain things more challenging.

I also caught up with a dear friend the other day via phone and her Parkinsons is getting much worse. Life is challenging. No two ways about it. It just is.

That is why I so appreciate your love and support and friendship. It makes life a bit sweeter yanno? And that is everything. Sorry for the mush. Big hugs to my sweet friends here. Thank you for your genuine friendship. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo of ice on our beach. Taken yesterday. Wow. We don't usually get ice on our beach. That is how cold it is now.

Can you see the ice on the sand?

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 5.43.30 AM.png

iceonbeachjanuary2022.png

Stay warm. cozy and safe girls. (((((Hugs))))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results