carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Greg is so clever @missy, the new kitty quarters are going to be a 5* Retreat for them! Honestly, it would be great if this pandemic just went away, but I don’t think it will, not when there are still unvaccinated and unmasked people about. Glad you have a good supply of masks, we’re well stocked up too. I was glad to read the KN95’s we have are good for 25 hours wear. Ugh that there’s no cooperation between Dr’s, it just seems crazy that it’s always one step forward and two steps back for you, but it’s encouraging that the Dr in Ca is willing to at least discuss things with you. Hope your Dr’s appts went well today.

Soooo, we were out and about today, mainly looking at native plants so we can plan what we want in the garden when the time comes, and popped in to the house. I could scream at the incompetence. Our windows were supposed to be installed yesterday, we were number 1 on the list, but for some reason, the installers decided to bring the windows for number 6 on the list (the house opposite ours) and do those :evil: The lady at the show house doesn’t know when ours will be done, but it better be soon!!!!!

The only plus today is that while looking at appliances, we’ve found that GE does a navy blue washer and dryer that would look really smart in our laundry with the navy blue glossy units we’re planning to have :lol:

Unfortunately poor Bertie woke up this morning with Kennel Cough, I’d bet my bottom dollar some irresponsible dog owner knowingly took their dog to day care, and it’s spread it around. Adam took him to the vet, who confirmed that it is KC. There’s not a lot to be done for it, other than waiting it out, and making sure he stays hydrated. He was feeling a bit sorry for himself this morning, but is back to his old (pesky :mrgreen:) perky self this afternoon. He won’t like not going to doggy day care for a few weeks, but we need to isolate him so he doesn’t pass it on.

Sending out love and hugs to you all :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI!

@missy glad to hear your dad is doing okay - big hugs heading his way. Gorgeous sunset picture. Too funny you beat Greg at cards - sounds like Marty and I playing cards - he usually loses when just the 2 of us play cards. Darn it is so cold there - we are dipping well below freezing tomorrow with a little snow expected. It’s like winter or something. I hope your hand appointments went well today.

@mrs-b I hope you are doing well.

@bling_dream19 yay for a special weekend. And yes do spill about your new bling project.

@Austina I agree many of those games are a good way to keep our brain engaged. I do a lot of scrabble and jigsaw puzzles on my iPad. Keeps me entertained. Yes, Marty can pack away protein. I swear I cook for 4 of us most the time - and I eat one serving so you know who eats the rest. That ribeye Marty ate is usually a meal for 2 people. I hope your windows get installed soon! How exciting. Navy blue washer and dryer sounds pretty cool. I always like the red and slate blue but we still just ended up with white. I hope Bertie feels better soon.

We had a busy day. I slept in a bit but had to get around before the cleaning lady got here. I ordered in lunch from Door Dash then headed out for errands. Marty wasn’t feeling great so took a nap - I had to wake him up at 4 so after he left for the gym I went down and did my lifting. Yes, I wasted time off and on all day on Angry Birds.

Take care.
Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout! I hope everyone is well and happy. A girl can look, right? At some point, I'd love a larger ering diamond so we are looking. In the meantime, I'll enjoy all the gorgeous rings here and I love my ering too. Life is good and I am very grateful. Love and hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's wonderful Wednesday!

Yesterday was a good day.
After the doctor appointments we went hiking and it was a beautiful day.
Hoping for another hike today.

@Austina ooh a navy washer and dryer sounds lovely. Very elegant. I love everything blue.
Ugh I am sorry Bertie caught Kennel cough and here's wishing him a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the well wishes.

@marcy I hope Marty is feeling better today and nice you had the house cleaned yesterday. That always feels nice. I hope if you get snow it is just a little bit. Thanks for the good wishes.

@bling_dream19 yes very grateful for everything. And ooh yes to a larger diamond ER one day. No rush and looking is fun isn't it? One day hope we can jewelry hunt in person.

@Slick1 I hope you aren't overworking yourself. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Hi to everyone else. Hope the week is going well.
Leaving you with some photos from our hike yesterday.
Have a wonderful Wednesday girls. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 5.00.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 5.02.47 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's terrific Thursday!
Raining at the moment but supposed to turn to snow soon.

Yesterday was awesome. High 40s all day and with an amazing colored sky.
We had a beautiful hike.

Today I have an appointment and after that not sure depends on the weather.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Leaving you with a photo during our hike yesterday.
@springerspaniel it's our favorite tree.
XOXO

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 7.05.04 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

I went out and got picture of some frosty trees this morning. I should have gone out earlier because all the pine trees had melted on the sun side already and I didn't want to shoot the trees backlit by the sun. These were my 4 favorite shots.

Frosty.jpeg y

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 of course a girl can look and how fun to be contemplating a larger ering some day. The ring Marty picked out for me when we got engaged has a center .15 ct - I guess I’ve increased the size X10. Ha Ha. I am trying to tell myself now that I’m retired my random I need new jewelry binges will be few and far between. We will see how long that lasts, eh?

@missy gorgeous photos from your hikes. Glad it was only raining this morning but darn that the snow is moving in. We are going to get back above freezing today. I swear that New Year’s snow is nothing but a solid iceberg; Marty will never get the Christmas lights taken down outside which sadly of HOA really frowns on. No point in him getting hurt though trying to use a ladder on chunks of ice.

I did my 3rd lesson yesterday in Lightroom. I was proud after taking pictures this morning I remembered how to import them in to Lightroom, flag the ones I liked, filtered down to them and then adjusted them a bit. Yay; retired people can learn new tricks!

Marty is feeling better but when he gets a cold his voice is really deep and sadly for me he no longer suckers for me getting him to say “CNN” - he used to fall for it when I’d ask him something like what network is Anderson Cooper on? As long as I crack myself up that is all that matters, right?

Off to get some window food for lunch before they get too busy. Marty wants chicken salads so I can put them in the frig for later and I’m starving so I’ll eat now.

Have a great day.
Marcy
Frosty.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops I posted my tree pictures twice. Sorry!

Here is the hat I knit Marty - Marty stored it on one of my teddy bears.

Hat.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

What great photos @marcy, they’d be great as Christmas cards! I hope your bear didn’t suffocate :eek-2: Good luck with not wanting any more bling now you‘re retired:lol:

It hit freezing here today too @missy, and with the wind chill, it felt even colder. Hope you stayed safe and warm despite the weather.

We went up to the house again today, and still no windows :twisted: Absolutely ridiculous and of course, they don’t know when they’ll be in. It’s infuriating that we were supposed to be the first one and we’re still waiting.

Bertie had another trip to the vet this morning as Kim noticed blood on his undercarriage. Fortunately it was just a cyst and nothing more sinister.

Keep safe and warm everyone :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!

@marcy gorgeous photos. Snowylicious. It's a veritable winter wonderland. We got flurries yesterday but nothing stuck. Today is cold however and I think we might be getting snow tomorrow...not sure. Hello winter. Glad your lessons are going well. You are a fast study. I am glad Marty is feeling better. Hope lunch was delicious.

@Austina today is below freezing here. Very cold. Brrrrr. Hope it is warming up by you today. I am sorry about the windows not yet being installed. Hopefully soon. It's been a long haul for you. But it will pay off. I am sorry it is taking longer than anticipated. Hope Bertie is feeling better today and it's a relief that was just a cyst.

@bling_dream19 it's FriYAY!

@Slick1 almost the weekend woohoo!

@sarahb hope all is well.

@mrs-b keeping you in my thoughts.

@springerspaniel big hugs.

@MamaBee how are Emmy and you doing? Blinging out and enjoying the icy cold. I am sure Emmy is warming things up with her bright icy white glow.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good day yesterday. Ran some errands and got an appointment accomplished and it was a good (not cold) day. Some snow flurries. Nothing stuck. I think snow might be on the way tomorrow but not sure. It is much colder today. Hope everyone is staying warm and cozy. XOXO

Enjoy a wonderful FriYAY!

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 5.33.43 AM.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout!
@missy You made me smile really big and I hope we are able to shop together one day! We would have a blast! In the meantime, we shall enjoy PS and our jewelry boxes. Looking through your gems would be way a way bigger treat anyway. I love your sunset picture!
@marcy I love the hat you knit for Marty! I'm giggling with @Austina you have more time on your hands now for shopping for bling! :kiss2: :appl: Life is short. I love your gorgeous wedding set.
Love and hugs to all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon! I hope everyone is staying warm! It’s coooold here in Pa!

@missy I thought I was all caught up reading but then I saw you think your DEXA scan wasn’t correct? I know you had doubts about the result. I hope I just read it wrong.
How did yesterday’s appointment go?

Greg is amazing. I love the elevated hammocks he’s making for the ferals. Getting them off the ground in this cold weather is life saving.

I love Emmy..She’s just perfect. I’m getting frustrated because I got her for an excellent price…That’s great..but the appraiser is insisting that my numbers to compare are too low. She showed me a ring very close to what I have with the same specs that was really expensive. She also broke it down at my request. I asked her to use Blue Nile for a comp. The price of one that was close to my center diamond was $16k more than what I paid for the whole ring. I convinced her to lower it but she said I would never be able to replace it for what it would be insured for..She said USAA can get stones way cheaper but they still wouldn’t be able to put the ring together for what I paid and it will be insured for. I just can’t ever lose this ring. If they replace it I’ll get salt and pepper diamonds..:lol:

@canuk-gal I hope your mom is doing better…It’s like riding a roller coaster with them. There have been lots of more cases of Covid at the home. My mom has been negative so far..It’s a real worry. I haven’t seen her since Christmas Day. She’s actually safer in her room. I would have to be in the elevator and hallways with the staff..They are all brewing Covid it seems. I hope this Omicron wave starts coming down. At 96 years old I worry because I‘m not getting to see her. I just can’t risk getting it. I also have to worry about David.
I‘m excited you are going to set an emerald! What do you have in mind? Did you share a pic here?
Your job sounds stressful right now..I think you said once that you can pick how much time you want to work. Can you cut back on your hours?

@Austina Your window situation in your new house would also have me boiling mad. Thank goodness you can stay with Adam and Kim..
I bought myself an Instapot..I’m just intimidated by it. The box is sitting in my kitchen unopened. I think I should probably get a cookbook first so I can get familiar with how it works..
I hope Bertie is feeling better. Bailey had Giardia when he was a puppy. It took two rounds of meds to clear it but he never got it again.

@marcy It sounds like you’re settling in to a routine. Wow..Your photos are so pretty. They do look like they are picture postcards. David loves snow..The forecast keeps saying we’re going to get it and then nothing. He gets so disappointed.
Are you wearing your jewelry now that you’re home? I go absolutely nowhere..but I still change out my jewelry. I’m trying to figure out how to wear Emmy. I like her better alone...but I have a few more bands to try.
When is the next time you are going back to check on your anemia? Are you feeling less tired now that you are home?
Marty’s hat came out great! You guys crack me up with your bears and rabbits! You should buy a farm!
@bling_dream19 How exciting that you are thinking about getting a bigger diamond. Your diamond you have now is absolutely gorgeous though. I said I would never upgrade Libby..This place is dangerous..It’s fun to look even if you’re not going to do it now. I looked for a long time before deciding to upgrade mine.
How are your projects going with David?

@mrs-b I’m so sorry to hear your back is so painful. The last I read you were thinking of going into the emergency room hoping to get the surgery sooner. Did you do that? I hope the surgery and pain are behind you now..
Thank you for liking Emmy…I got an emerald cut diamond and a three stone. She knocked off two wishes of mine.

@junebug17 How are you doing? Any plans this weekend?
@springerspaniel @sarahb @Calliecake @Jemi and everyone else..I hope you’re all well and happy..XO

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone is keeping well.

Work is busy and stressful. Healthcare in a nutshell.

@marcy that hat is great! And wonderful pictures! But I don't envy the snow. LOL. Lovely and "warm" here.

@missy nice photos as well. Greg is so handy!!

@MamaBee there are rising numbers in my Mother's facility as well. And unfortunately my Mom had another fall and # her orbit. Injured her hand as well. My dear wonderful Mother just can't get a break. She is frail. :( And no I didn't post a picture of any ring design, but have made an appt for the end of the month with my bench. I did, however, post a picture of the emerald ring as it is currently set, in the long sleeve sweater thread. Glad you are enjoying your new ring. What's not to love???

@Austina sorry your construction is behand. Frustrating! Our is noisily going full stream ahead. The only benefit to working a lot is I don't hear the racket during the day.

I had plans for today but ended up doing very little as I am pooped. I want pizza but have no intentions of going out to get any! Need delivery.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina you’ll have to remind me I am not going to want any more jewelry since I’m retired. I am sure I’ll get amnesia on that front. I sure hope they get your windows in SOON. Pretty frustrating someone else got their windows before your showed up. Glad to hear Bertie is all better now. Poor guy.

@missy sounds like we are having the same weather today. Cold and snow flurries but nothing new accumulated. Marty is doing a bit better but came home from the gym quite frustrated because he couldn’t lift 425 pounds off the floor today. He didn’t feel any better when I pointed out - you are sick. Gorgeous sunrise / sunset (not sure which). Love the colors and cool the Sun is right on the horizon.

@bling_dream19 you know I’ll be “shopping” for jewelry soon. It’s one of my addictions. Marty has been wearing his new hat since it’s so cold. I even shovels our front walk yesterday for him.

@MamaBee I was thinking of your new ring today - it is so gorgeous. That’s great the appraiser is pricing Emmy out at way more than you paid for it; you got a deal and a keeper! I hope you get some snow soon for David - my husband grew up in Maryland and I know he said February and March were the snowy months where he lived. In Wyoming it can be ANY month. Ha Ha. Yes, I am wearing my jewelry at home because I like to see it. I change it out like I did before. I am sure you’ll figure out how you like to wear Emmy; until you try on different bands with it you won’t know which way you really like it. Rings are hard to tell until I get them on my hand. I do feel better and need to stop by that doctor office and request another blood test and follow up. If my red blood cells are still odd sized I’m insisting he give me a referral to a hematologist. Thanks - Marty and I are both easily amused. Every night he knocks a few of the bears off the banister and says they are drunk again. Between bending over to pick up bears and the ice cubes that shoot out of the frig when I fill a cup with water and ice they at least give me a chance to do toe touches all day. Ha Ha.

@canuk-gal I thought of you when I watched a special on Betty White. They interviewed some of her costars over the year and the heart she always wore was from Tiffany’s and given to her by Jessica Love Hewitt. Nice you are having lovely weather. We had cold and snow flurries today; the snow on our front lawn isn’t budging yet. I hate to hear you mom fell and got hurt. Bless her; I hope she is doing better. Did you order in pizza? That sounds good.

I decided to lift this morning as soon as I was out of the shower. Bad idea. I should get something light in my stomach. Since my gym downstairs is right my Marty’s office I hate to go bang around barbells when Marty is on the phone for work. He says he doesn’t care and he can just shut his door.

I brewed up lunch for us then decided to clean our knife block and dust the tops and insides of our cupboards and cabinets.

Thank you for the compliments on my photos. I did my lesson 4 this morning in Lightroom and then watched some videos on Photoshop so decided to go remove the signs, pole and power line in one of my photos - it turned out great. Marty and I can pick out the ghost of the pole but only if you know it was there. I had Photoshop Elements years ago but that version wouldn’t update on Mac maybe about 8 years ago so I need a refresher course on using it.

Now I’m just goofing off and wasting time on Angry Birds.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s practically tropical here today, 43 degs F, a whole 13 degs warmer than yesterday, and no wind chill. It actually doesn’t feel too bad.

Sorry work is a PITA @canuk-gal, I know it goes with the territory, but that doesn’t help you. Your poor Mum, I’m so sorry to hear she’s had another fall, the poor thing. I hope they keep a better eye on her, it’s so easy to fall over when you’re frail.

It’s a balancing act for me when to exercise (not that I’ve done much of that lately) @marcy, because I often feel sick afterwards. I find as the day wears on, I’m less motivated, so I keep telling myself that once we move in to the house, I’ll be so busy that’ll make up for it! Glad to hear you’re wearing your jewellery around the house, I do put mine on to go out, but always take it off when I get back.

@MamaBee, I actually think Emmy looks better on her own, but you have so many beautiful bands, it seems a shame not to wear them. I’m sorry the cases are rising in your Mum’s home, and continued to hope she stays safe and well.

Have a great weekend @bling_dream19 and do please let us know if you decide anything on the upgrade. Marcy & I will be getting our thrills vicariously through you and the other NIRDIs purchases. :mrgreen:

Great shot of the sunset (?) @missy, I have a similar one taken on the cruise with our friends. Glad you got your errands done, hopefully there’ll be no need to go out if it does snow this weekend.

We weren’t going to, but we went up to the house today, and yep, you’ve guessed, still no windows in our house, but our immediate neighbour was having theirs installed. We spoke to the guy there, and he said our windows haven’t actually arrived yet :roll: He did say he thinks they’ll have them next week, and ‘expects’ to be installing them on Wednesday. We won’t be holding our breath, we’ll believe it when we see them in! Oy!

No plans for us this weekend, other than expecting delivery of some of the small kitchen appliances I ordered tomorrow.

Big love and hug to all the NIRDIS, have a great weekend, stay safe and warm. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy you bet! I don't normally want pizza but I ate a lot! DS made a great recommendation.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@MamaBee forgot to tell you he finished the cat hammock and it is outside now. But so cold I hope the cats are OK. Emmy is STUNNING. I do not know what to do. I am waiting for now. There might be a booster for Omicron in just two months so it is hard to know the right direction to take. Anyway have a wonderful day and give Emmy a big smile from me. Swoon!

@marcy thank you. You had a busy day yesterday. I lifted too but every time I say that I realize it is nothing like your lifting lol. But I do the best I can. :) You are becoming an expert in the lightroom and you are already an expert in photography. No stopping you know woohoo. Hope Marty is all better. How are you feeling? Watch out Angry Birds, Marcy is unstoppable. LOL and have a happy Saturday!

@canuk-gal good morning hope you are staying warm. It is very cold here today. Speaking of pizza Greg is loving the Costco gluten free pizza. It is delicious. I cannot try it but if Greg says it is good I would trust that. He has tried all the GF pizza at Costco and his favorites are the cheese pizza and one other whose name escapes me now. Have a great day and stay warm.

@Austina darn the windows aren't in yet. But they will be in soon with any luck. It is taking a long time I know. Thanks for enjoying the photo. It is of the sunrise. Hope your kitchen appliances arrive on time. Have a great weekend.

@bling_dream19 enjoy the weekend.

@Slick1 hope you are having a great weekend.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good day yesterday. I am busy watching presentations on certain topics I am very interested in so all week I have had hours of lectures to watch. Very exciting haha. Well to me it is interesting. We also ran errands yesterday as it is just too cold to hike or walk. Hopefully it will warm up in a week to 10 days or so I have heard. Just praying for the feral cats. Brutally cold.

Greg finished the multi level cat hammock and put it outside for the ferals but I don't think this is a good time due to the freezing temps. Hope they get to enjoy it soon though and make it through this brutal winter.

This is the only photo he took of it finished but I will try getting a better photo of it outside.

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 6.13.43 AM.png

He made it out of Epay wood which is what our deck is made from...very weather resistant.

In honor of Caturday Saturday

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 6.14.47 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful day girls. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh almost forgot. My nieces finally got their boosters. They became eligible a couple of weeks ago so yay finally got them last night.

boosterforalexa.jpeg

boosterforbethany.jpeg

Ok take that pandemic!

Stay safe girls, be well, feel good.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!

A balmy 11C today and sunny. Enjoying lovely temps that could otherwise be -1 million C.

I was up at the COD--couldn't sleep. But I went to bed early--exhausted. Started errands early--as catch up from yesterday--and happy I did what I wanted. Ended up getting more delish take out for supper. Had a nice walk on the paths and caught up with my neighbor. She is really lovely.

I had a worrysome mole removed from my nose by my Derm, and of course it won't heal quickly as it is right where my mask sits. :rolleyes: I have another on my watch list (and hers) but such is my skin life. Ya deal.

The gorgeous white roses I bought last Saturday are still wonderful. Hit the jackpot. My pal went today and she got some as well. Dreamy!!!

Another full and busy work week ahead. Think I'll turn those thoughts off. Boop.

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Sunday!

@canuk-gal hope the biopsy site heals and all is negative. Sweet the roses are still beautiful. Love that. Sorry you were up early and hope you sleep longer and better today. Enjoy a wonderful Sunday. And fingers crossed for a smooth work week.

@MamaBee one day at a time. The evidence is a moving target. Have a great Sunday.

@marcy hope you are enjoying a lovely and cozy weekend. The temps were not bad here yesterday because it was so sunny and no wind and we got to hike so yay. Today no sun but warmer temps so not bad. Hope you have a good day.

@Slick1 hope you are enjoying a nice weekend.

@bling_dream19 hope all is going well.

@Austina fingers crossed the windows are installed this coming week.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good hike yesterday. Very sunny despite the temps in the 20s it felt good. Little wind. Today is less sunny but warmer temps though windier but we plan on hiking. While we can get out and enjoy we will. Hope everyone enjoys a lovely Sunday. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 7.10.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 7.10.32 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina we are almost as warm as you are today. Mother Nature has other plans for us this week though. I tend to like to lift mid morning but when I was working one of my days I did it after work. Now I can do it anytime but I worry about bothering Marty during a conference call which is why I tried it early. Marty claims he doesn’t care though and we did have extra sound proofing put in his office downstairs. I guess it will work out. I hope they get your windows in this week and nice to be getting some of the small appliances already. I would miss my rings if I didn’t wear them around the house - I’ve got my blue sapphire solitaire on today. My favorite color of blue.

@canuk-gal glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed the delicious pizza. I hope your mole heals okay and you test results are okay. Yay for more delicious take out. How nice your white roses still look gorgeous.

@missy great pictures from your hike. Greg is making an upscale suite for the feral kitties - you guys are their heroes. I am slowly but surely getting through a few more Angry Birds levels each day - Marty is at 300 something and I’m at 196 now. I am losing weight quicker than I am at getting through Angry Birds and I’m just working at that slowly. I am feeling okay, thank you for asking. Glad you are enjoying watching some presentations. I am considering doing one a month for the astronomy club.

I have been working on laundry this morning, wasted time on Angry Birds, went out and ran my car through the car wash then came home and dusted inside my car and washed the windshield inside the car. We are having grilled tenderloins for lunch and I’ve got potatoes baking in the oven. I might run out and pick up some more yarn to knit something. #Enjoyingeverydayistheweekend

Marcy

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please forgive me for the tone of these posts. I'm so emotionally drained, I'm just exhausted.

Having finally returned to Boston, on the advice of my surgeon's office and my PCP, I went in to the ED on Wednesday with the expectation of being offered emergency surgery for my back. But I picked the 2nd time in 12 months that my surgeon was out of town. Consequently, I was seen by neurosurgery who knew nothing of my condition. Was told by the neurologist attending that I'd be admitted with the intention of having surgery on Friday. At 8pm I had a full spine MRI - which is normally done as 3 appointments (cervical, thoracic and lumbar) - but was done in one hit, which took 80 minutes in the tube. Due to some bone and disc degeneration, I have pretty severe postural vertigo, meaning my eyes started flickering after 15 minutes and the vertigo kicked in. HARD. Had to be pulled out for a few minutes about 2/3 or the way through because I thought I was going to throw up. Managed to finish, but took 5 minutes before the room stopped spinning and I was able to stand. Taken back to my room in the ED. About 5am Thursday morning when I was still in the ED, I called my nurse, who called the dr, who said my MRI didn't indicate that immediate surgery was necessary and that I was going home. I asked why nobody had told me that and she said it was because I was sleeping. (Have you EVER heard of someone being left overnight in the ED when it wasn't strictly necessary because they were taking a nap??). Discharged and home by 7am.

Got a call at 10am asking me to come back in, as the MRI should have been done with contrast and wasn't. Am ASSURED this is pressing as a false negative result could be dangerous. Reluctantly, I go back in and insist they only MRI my lumbar spine, as that's where all the pain is. They say that makes sense as, if my cancer *had* returned, it would most likely be in my lumbar spine. I'm sorry - WHAT?? In the meantime, I'm on a gurney in the central open area of the ED. I am laying less than 8' from a woman with covid. I am surrounded in every room by people with covid. Literally every single room. I have no immune system to speak of.

I have the MRI with contrast on my lumbar spine - BAD vertigo. By 10pm when the radiologist still hasn't looked at my pictures, I tell them I'm going home as I feel unsafe in that environment. I leave, wondering if my cancer has returned.

Next morning at 11am a neurosurgeon calls to let me know my cancer has not returned and that I need to schedule surgery the normal way (ie not emergency).

My orthopedic surgeon calls that afternoon to let me know he has lost most of his theater time and cannot see me as a surgical patient. He refers me to a neurosurgeon who can perform the same surgery. Ortho surgeon tells me he has texted said neurologist to get me on the list. I call the neuro's office to make an appt. No answer. No call back. I'll call again tomorrow to try to chase them up.

In the meantime, I have a barium swallow on Friday morning which, for someone with Crohn's who now cannot walk unassisted, is hell. Next day, as the barium goes through me, it strips the lining off my gut and I am stuck in the bathroom intermittently for the next 16 hours. Gut cramps so bad they make me throw up. A lot. Tim spends most of Saturday standing in front of me holding a bowl.

The gut issues have now passed. My back feels a little better now that I'm no longer in and out of hospital - car rides are horrific at the moment - and oxycodone is currently my friend. Praying I can get an appt very, very soon.

On the up side - here's a photo of Eleanor's latest piece. She's started doing botanicals. :)

I hope all is well with all of you. oxo
imagejpeg_0007.jpg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I don’t have any words to comfort you. I’m so sorry you are going through this. I hope you get your surgery soon. My heart goes out to you. X0

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I don’t have any words to comfort you. I’m so sorry you are going through this. I hope you get your surgery soon. My heart goes out to you. X0

@MamaBee -

J - I've been unwell for long swathes of time for 3 years now and I'm just completely worn down. It's not all the time, and I do have good days - weeks - and occasionally, months. But on the whole, it's just week after week of tests and weird stuff and things for which nobody seems able to find solutions. I just want to get this surgery and get back to LA where the weather is warm and my Crohn's is so much more controlled. And I'd give almost anything for a break from the unrelenting pain that comes with needing a double fusion and laminectomy.

Altho, having said *that* - at the moment I feel pretty good. The recent Crohn's bout has subsided, my back and sciatica has quietened for now, and both Tim and Wendy are here, so I have lovely company. David was here this week (working remotely) and only left today. He went to hospital with me on various occasions when Tim had meetings he couldn't skip, so I had company for all the tough stuff and someone to push my wheelchair (yes - wheelchair - it's come to that) and carry my bag.

Also, Nathaniel is on the 2nd interview round for his PhD and has genuine interest from Berkeley, Rutgers, Irvine, NYU, Johns Hopkins and NYU. So - very good news on that front! Final offers aren't all in till mid-April, but we're looking good at this point.

So life is a mixed bag and I have a lot to be grateful for. But I have to say - some good health would be sooooo welcome.

Anyway - and seriously - love to you all. <3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b big hugs to you. I hate to hear you are having such a difficult time getting your much needed surgery and hope you have more good days than not. I am glad you’ve had some loved ones with you, that always helps. Great news for Nathaniel with so many potential places to go for his Phd. Good luck to him! Keeping you in my thoughts.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I am appalled to read all you have endured. I have no words to adequately express how angry I am on your behalf. There is so much wrong with healthcare but omg what you are going through. I am so sorry. I pray you can get the surgery you need as soon as possible. I don't understand why your surgeon cannot perform it? He doesn't have the hours allowed to operate? Ugh! What a sh**fest. Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. This is an intolerable situation and I pray you get relief ASAP.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's Marvelous (I hope for everyone) Monday.

@marcy haha glad you are enjoying every day as a weekend because for you it is. :)
Thanks for enjoying my photos. I have one to share from yesterday's hike.
Take that you Angry Birds. Dinner sounded good last night and hope you enjoyed. Hope Marty is 100% better and you are feeling well too.

@canuk-gal hope you had a good weekend.

@MamaBee @Slick1 @bling_dream19 @Jemi @Austina @springerspaniel @sarahb and everyone else hope all is well.

We had a milder day than expected with the sun actually shining all day which was not predicted. So yay for that and we had a lovely hike.

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 6.01.57 AM.png

Leaving you with a photo of Oliver last night. He really is quite the character.

oliverredblanket.png

Be well girls. XOXO.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello NIRDI's. I feel like my life is starting to become more normal or I've gotten over my huge mental breakdowns during the last two years. sorta :)

My best friend Kath is still very sick. :(

Auti has covid, but I did get it nor did my son and DIL or hubster :)

Salley died, she died in August, very quickly, I thought I was going to die, my heart was broken, shattered. Daisy in 13 and Salley in 21.. No more animals for a while, I do have my grandpup Poncho and Looney Luna Autumn's cat that she cats CAAT. :)

The house is still a PITA (Austina I will be getting in touch with you about how your's in going and how everyone is and at some point this spring we all 4 should get together if you want ((i've not been the best friend I know but covid)) There is scheduled a huge disgusting highway scheduled to be built a mile north of my house and we all KNOW HOTTERNHELL TX is growing (as are out taxes btw).

John's good. My Brooklyn boy left his banking programming job and now works for a food delivery company, guy is making money honey, but he of course has been at this job less than 6 mos and he H A T E S, his team is mostly in eastern Europe and English is spotty, he's one of two full time employees, everyone else is contracct. So he's going to start looking around again, cannot get him back here tho.

We were going to cruise from FL to Spain in April but r/s to a new cruise in April 23 from FL to Ireland.. hope it happens. My nephews wedding again had to cancel his wedding in France, they are not r/s and we have big buck tickets that originally we had to use by the end of this year but Delta has changed it to end of 2024 yay.

I'm getting fatter all the time.. :) now I'm a jolly grannie!

I am hoping everyone will update me as I don't have the eyesight to read back for over a year..

Missy my beautiful, marvelous, kind, wonderful friend, girlie, this year, Brooklyn! I hope. love you love you.

I will attach a pix of my one and only grand child, the mighty Autumn Marie! Princess Non-Parallel, the love of my life (kid wise we all know John is my love of my life or was it my first husband? ha).

Weather sux in Texas but we got some rain today.

Looking forward to hanging out with Austina to see her good builder guy build that gorgeous home..

So give me an update y'all :)

salleywalley.jpg
GONE BUT Never ever ever forgotten. She was the best.

Auti this past Sunday, John loved Toy Story so he got this cowgirl hat for her, over a year ago, she would Never put it on, for some reason it scared her, but last Sunday (a weeek ago Sunday, she comes walking out of Autiland (my homage to her :) ) and she had this on. love this kid. Just noticed I think her pants are on backwards.. she is a joy.

1643039302831.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm Mrs B, hello, It's Tekate :) hanging out and am glad to read things are going a bit better for you physically.

Take care, you are a special lady, wish we could hangout because it's fun being with you.. :) sending you some groovy dust, dust to shower you with groove and hope you send back some of your cool dust, you have alot.

all my best, Kate

@MamaBee -

J - I've been unwell for long swathes of time for 3 years now and I'm just completely worn down. It's not all the time, and I do have good days - weeks - and occasionally, months. But on the whole, it's just week after week of tests and weird stuff and things for which nobody seems able to find solutions. I just want to get this surgery and get back to LA where the weather is warm and my Crohn's is so much more controlled. And I'd give almost anything for a break from the unrelenting pain that comes with needing a double fusion and laminectomy.

Altho, having said *that* - at the moment I feel pretty good. The recent Crohn's bout has subsided, my back and sciatica has quietened for now, and both Tim and Wendy are here, so I have lovely company. David was here this week (working remotely) and only left today. He went to hospital with me on various occasions when Tim had meetings he couldn't skip, so I had company for all the tough stuff and someone to push my wheelchair (yes - wheelchair - it's come to that) and carry my bag.

Also, Nathaniel is on the 2nd interview round for his PhD and has genuine interest from Berkeley, Rutgers, Irvine, NYU, Johns Hopkins and NYU. So - very good news on that front! Final offers aren't all in till mid-April, but we're looking good at this point.

So life is a mixed bag and I have a lot to be grateful for. But I have to say - some good health would be sooooo welcome.

Anyway - and seriously - love to you all. <3

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whoopsey, I forgot to mention I'm on the hunt for an upgrade to Ever.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:, you did read that correctly. John wants to upgrade Ever since I complain about the 'yellow hue' the I color emantes when I look at it, he mentioned it not me! it's the quest never the end eh girls? So far WF has nothing I'm interested right now AND diamonds are redic expensive, so it's a watching game.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results