shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b i am continuing to keep you in my thoughts and sending lots of love and good wishes your way. Lots of good luck for Tim’s job. That’s so stressful. And please hug Cirrus from me. ♥️
I feel like it is all going to be ok. Big hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m glad to hear you’re feeling sightly better @mrs-b, but so sorry to hear that yet another set of problems have been dumped on you. Needless to say, keeping everything crossed that Tim’s merits will keep him employed which will, in turn, negate some of the other issues that you could be facing. It’s great that Wendy is there with you, helping you retain some semblance of normality in to the otherwise insanity all around you. I keep looking at dogs, there’s an OES rescue right here in Tx and they always seem to have plenty needing homes, but ATM I don’t know if we could face the heartbreak again. Eleanor’s artwork is just lovely.

Sorry @Tekate, I didn’t reply to your question, yes, we’ve signed a contract for the pool, left a (small) deposit, and they said they’ll be ready to go as soon as we are. Just the final details to iron out, pool tiles, colour of the Kool Crete finish to decide on, but the pool design and outdoor kitchen is all sorted. I did post pictures, but will include another to give you an idea.

I had to laugh when I saw your other avatar @MamaBee, do you know that’s Zippy from a UK kids TV show called Rainbow? Honestly, getting insurance is just ridiculous, I can’t say we had a great experience with JM, but they were the only people who’d insure us.

Oh my gosh @missy, your weather looks brutal, everything is worse when the wind whips us. Well done on your kitchen efforts, it feels so satisfying to cook something then eat it knowing exactly what’s in it.

Ugh @canuk-gal so sorry to hear work is brutal and you have the extra worry about your Mum.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again @Slick, Bear is such a little poser, he really knows how to play the camera :lol:

We had a really good time in Fredricksburg, we went to the Pioneer Museum on Wednesday afternoon, then spent all of Thursday and Friday morning at the Pacific War museum. Well worth the visit, so well laid out and incredibly interesting. We were worn out from all the walking.

The house UGH!!! We called in Wednesday, no windows, and called in yesterday on the way back, still NO windows, despite another house that doesn’t even have a roof, having windows. Sales agent said they’ve now been told 8th February. We’re just so incredibly frustrated at the delay, but there’s nothing we can do about it.

Sending big love and hugs to you, @bling_dream19, @lambskin and @junebug17, hope you’re all having a good weekend, stay safe and warm lovelies :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

@missy bad storm? Hope not.
@mrs-b take care! My goodness sakes, when it rains it pours. Crossing fingers for your DH job security.
@Austina total phooey to your house delays. I'd be super ticked.
@junebug17 glad you are enjoying SC. Sounds wonderful.

Quiet day. Did a few errands--but am tired. My Mom is doing poorly, so that takes a toll. :(

Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I think I would have a meltdown if everyone got windows except us..What is their explanation? Is it the type of windows that you purchased? How frustrating!

No..I don’t know Zippy from the tv show…I was going through the nonsense to get my ring insured..I saw the photo and it hit me that’s how I felt at the moment! :lol:I’m so frustrated. They said it may be ready to be on the policy on February 7 for full appraisal value. I will only have an option to call them after it’s added to the policy. Then I would have to say I want to lower the amount. It can’t be what I paid because they wouldn’t be able to replace it at that amount new. They even told me I would need a new policy unless the underwriters give me an exemption. Unbelievable.

It sounds like you had a fun time in Fredericksburg. I want to go on vacation so bad I could scream. I’m going to rent a house somewhere for next summer. I just need to get out of the house.

@mrs-b I’m soooo happy you are feeling a bit better. Our health is the most important thing. I want you to get yourself all fixed up without pain and tummy issues. That’s wonderful Wendy is with you. How often does she come to visit. I cringed when I read how much your medication costs. It’s unreal that it should cost that much. I know it would be heartbreaking to move back and leave Eleanor, Nathaniel, and David behind.

Eleanor is such a talented artist! I love everything you showed us.

Yes..Emmy is special. I can’t even take a good photo of her. She is way prettier than in the photos. I can see why you like her more than Winter. I need to reset Winter. I don’t want to ship her off clear across to the other side of the United States. USAA doesn’t cover the ring when it’s being worked on. My husband said to wait until I can fly there with it. I think I’m going to wait until next year..and send it off..I’ll be a wreck until he gets it but I won’t worry when he has it. I told my husband I would mail it to his house if he asked me to. I just trust him completely..

I hope they keep your husband on..Companies are slimming down their workers. I hope your husband isn’t one of them.

@marcy Thank you so much for writing out the recipe for me! When it says 5 of cheese..Is it supposed to be 5 ounces of cheese? My mouth is watering thinking about it. Yum!

@canuk-gal I hope your neck and hip feel better soon! I have C-6 issues. My lower back also spasms when I bend over to clean the bathroom. It stinks. I miss my cleaning lady.

I’m glad you blocked off some days to stay home and recharge..

I hope your mom stays well. It’s scary to see them looking so frail. My mom is 96. She really looks 86. Her BP fluctuates and she gets dizzy. She also gets leaky legs so they have to wrap her legs every day. Covid is running rampant there but so far she’s okay. I wish I could bring her home..I feel guilty but I can’t manage her care. She needs too much now. Her doctor got Covid! OMG

@junebug17 South Carolina by the beach sounds wonderful. I would love to see photos if you have any,

@Slick1 I have never seen such a photographic dog! He looks like he’s prancing. Bear must make you so happy..

@lambskin I‘m sorry you are having teeth issues. I hope you’re all done for a while. That’s amazing that your regular dentist was there to observe and give you support! really hate going myself. In fact I’m going to cancel my appointment that’s in mid February. I was going to get a deep cleaning before getting braces. With Covid surging here I’m not comfortable going.

I hope everyone is warm and dry! @Austina and @Tekate..You may be the only ones today!

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly @MamaBee, the ‘explanations’ are just hogwash!

The guys on site told us our windows were going to be installed 2 weeks ago, then at the end of the week (no windows), they said last Wednesday. The guy on site we spoke to said that someone who worked for them (and no longer did) has mis measured or forgotten to measure up the transom windows on the house opposite, so I’m wondering if someone has just forgotten to manufacture ours. The fact they’re now saying definitely 8th February for installation leads me to suspect that someone as messed up big time. Builders are saying they gave the window people a list of the order of installation, and they’ve ignored it. Whatever the excuses, it doesn’t help us, we’re nearly 3 months behind on the house now, and getting fed up with waiting. Our goods are on the container ship and will arrive next month, so they’ll have to go in to storage for we don’t know how long. We’ve told the builders we need some idea of time frame in order to arrange storage, and they say they should be able to give us a rough idea of when the house ‘should’ be finished, next week.

This is the main reason I didn’t want to go down the new build route, but we just didn’t find anything and the housing market was getting red hot, so it was the best solution.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly @MamaBee, the ‘explanations’ are just hogwash!

The guys on site told us our windows were going to be installed 2 weeks ago, then at the end of the week (no windows), they said last Wednesday. The guy on site we spoke to said that someone who worked for them (and no longer did) has mis measured or forgotten to measure up the transom windows on the house opposite, so I’m wondering if someone has just forgotten to manufacture ours. The fact they’re now saying definitely 8th February for installation leads me to suspect that someone as messed up big time. Builders are saying they gave the window people a list of the order of installation, and they’ve ignored it. Whatever the excuses, it doesn’t help us, we’re nearly 3 months behind on the house now, and getting fed up with waiting. Our goods are on the container ship and will arrive next month, so they’ll have to go in to storage for we don’t know how long. We’ve told the builders we need some idea of time frame in order to arrange storage, and they say they should be able to give us a rough idea of when the house ‘should’ be finished, next week.

This is the main reason I didn’t want to go down the new build route, but we just didn’t find anything and the housing market was getting red hot, so it was the best solution.

This would really frustrate me too @Austina …I also know that you will be so happy once you are in your brand new house..This will be just a blip.. Thank goodness you can stay with Adam and Kim. I hope you make some wonderful new friends there.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Tekate it sounds like good soup weather for you. I love homemade soup. I am sure you had a blast with Auti on Friday. That’s kind of nuts your insurance is so much higher in Texas and Maine! I am so sorry you had teeth problems. Ouch to hitting a nerve. I have one sore tooth and occasionally sore tooth and several upcoming periodontist procedures. Let’s just say I am not looking forward to them!

@junebug17 that is awesome you and your DH are enjoying time in SC. How fun to be trying new recipes with your sister. Even better to take home something for dinner. Enjoy.

@missy yay that Tommy is eating. How is your snow total coming along? I saw on the weather news Wyoming winds are coming your way as well. I swear I didn’t send them your way. You know why the geese were not bothered by the weather? They had on their down coats. Bwhahahahahahaha. I couldn’t help myself. I doubt you’d prefer here to there though. That kind of weather is more frequent than not between mid December through early May, I was glad you and Greg got a chuckle out of the Far Side joke I sent you. I found it amusing and immediately thought of the 2 of you.

@Slick1 I hope your DD was able to get to her destination. Bear is cute as ever.

@lambskin I am so sorry to hear about your teeth issues; teeth pain is awful! Hoping you continue to do well with your recent implant.

@canuk-gal sorry you had to work so many hours! Hoping you can cut back to PT hours SOON. I hate to hear your mom is becoming so frail; big hugs to her and your family. Fun to be looking in to a new design for your emerald. Take is very easy this weekend.

@mrs-b I am glad you are having a few good days and hope they continue. I’ve been wondering how you are doing. I hate to hear Tim’s company is doing layoffs; hoping Tim’s job is not cut. Good luck with your appointments this week. That’s great Wendy is there and been such a big help to you. Looking forward to seeing your new earrings. Yes, yes our weather is hideous. If I had $1 for every time Marty asks me why we still live here - I’d have more jewelry. Ha Ha. My last day in the office was December 23rd and I am totally loving being retired. I have been doing assorted random house projects, taking a class for Photoshop Lightroom and taken a few photos. Marty is enjoying having a “cook” to prepare his lunch. Love the invitation Eleanor designed; very cute.

@Austina your trip to Fredericksburg sounds like a great time. Oh no to another delay in your windows. How frustrating but it’s kind of like complaining about your waitress - you don’t want to really agitate someone until AFTER they are finished with your stuff. Hoping the windows are here soon and you don’t have any more delays. We ordered French doors for our 2 patio doors at Lowes, they came and measured the frame but obviously didn’t get those measurements on our order. When they showed up to install them they wanted to cut the frame of our house because the new doors didn’t fit the existing doors - I’m like no way in hell are you cutting out new holes when YOU came and measured what size door we needed. We saw those mistake doors for sale in the store for much less than we paid for them and finally got our doors about a month later.

@MamaBee hoping you get your insurance all worked out. I hate making those phone calls; you always have to start your story over again. I’d like to ask sometime - read all the notes in my account first then we’ll talk. Winter is from Whiteflash, right? They use outside insurance on packages to and from them and use signature only delivery with FedEx. Yes, I meant 5 ounces of cheese, I resist using my reading glasses on my computer and obviously I shouldn’t do that.

Yesterday I lifted then did my lesson 6 of Lightroom. Then I wasted time on Angry Birds and watched some more episodes of 24. A friend of mine brought us Culvers for supper and we played cards then I taught her how to knit. I haven’t heard from her today if she is practicing today before she forgets how to knit and purl!

Today I slept in until almost 8. My right knee was going “yo Marcy” at about 4 am and it took me forever to get back to sleep. Marty and 6 of his clients were competing in a strength meet today starting at 9 am so I was late arriving for that. All of them got a medal for their division, some even won 2 medals. Only 19 people were competing so we were out of there a little after 1 pm. We all went out to lunch afterwards so we didn’t get home until after 4 pm. His 80 year old got 2 medals again - she is the only one in her age class but still that is amazing.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and in the 40’s then our forecast is calling for more typical Wyoming weather. Phooey!

Laters,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy big (and small) dog snowy Sunday!
The blizzard was not so terrible and no power outages though overnight it was even windier and I am relieved we didn't lose power. It is 7 degrees right now but wind chill is -5 degrees F. Minus 5!!! Ugh. Too cold. Please let the ferals be somewhere safe.

@canuk-gal the blizzard was not too bad. Mainly relieved we did not lose power. With power we can deal with the cold since we have heat haha. Heat is everything in the winter. Ugh I am so sorry about your mom. I hope she rallies. Gentle hugs to you and your family and keeping good thoughts for your mom.

@marcy wow lightbox 6. Sweet. And sleeping til 8AM is even sweeter. Though boo to your knee waking you up at 4AM and having trouble going back to sleep. I am glad you were able to finally fall back. Hahaha geese have their own down coats. True! LOL. I am not sure of our totals yet. Somewhere between 12-18". The snow wasn't too bad but the temps are brutal and you are right. Those winds unrelenting. I heard them overnight and it was even windier than during the day from the sounds of it. We had snow blow into the exercise room yesterday through the terrace door due to the very strong winds. Greg has to tighten up the seals or something to make sure that doesn't happen again. No bueno. I mean I love having outdoor indoor living with all the large windows and floor to ceiling glass doors but that was a bit much hahaha. Glad you are getting a warm up. We are too. Supposed to hit the 50s I think midweek. Crazy weather. LOL.

@Austina your trip sounded great. I am so sorry about the window mess up. Ugh. I cannot believe they are three months behind schedule and I am sorry. Very frustrating. I am glad you are with Adam and Kim though and while not ideal at least you are with your loved ones. Sending you lots of home ready dust.

@Tekate hope your son fared well and Auti is feeling all better.

@Slick1 hope yesterday was fun and you stayed warm and cozy with your family.Hugs to Bear.

@bling_dream19 hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.

@MMtwo thinking of you. Hope your job is going well and everyone is doing well.

@springerspaniel did you get a lot of snow?

@mrs-b speaking of snow did the 24" of snow materialize? Wow. Our friend who lives just a few hours North of us got over 2 feet of snow. That is a lot of snow.

@MamaBee it will get sorted out but in the meantime what a hassle and I am sorry you are going through this. Don't let it temper your enjoyment. Hugs. Stay warm.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you enjoy a wonderful Sunday. Here is our sweet nephew Louie. He loves the snow. You know who also loves the snow? Our nieces. Never too old for sledding right? :lol:

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 6.19.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 6.19.37 AM.png

Stay warm and cozy and enjoy! XOXO.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning. Some decent sunspots today - taken with a 250mm lens so not too detailed but hey it's over 93 million miles away.

Sun.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My Mom spent a good night in the hospital--was admitted immediately yesterday afternoon. Breathing better--needs to have water weight removed.

NIRDI shout out. Stay safe and warm people!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy you have a beautiful winter wonderland going on there. My friend in Erie, PA says they have 3 feet of snow on grass and drifts piled up to roofs in parking lots where they plowed. Fun that your nieces and Louie were out enjoying the snow. Good deal the blizzard wasn’t as bad and you didn’t loose power. Oh no that snow blew in to your exercise room. Our last house had an overhang window in our den and the first snow storm after we moved in had snow blow in to the basement under than window. Marty and and my dad had to seal it and shove a bunch of insulation in it. They found you could see daylight through it in the leaky spots making it easy to find and fix.

@canuk-gal I am glad your mom is breathing better and hope once they get the liquids removed she will feel even better. Keeping you and her in my thoughts.

Marty ran one of his clients to DIA early this morning - I kind of feel they take advantage of him but I did tell him he is a good friend to his clients. After he got back to town we went out for breakfast. I started a roast in the crock pot for dinner today. Since I saw online we had some nice sunspots I got out the solar scope and checked out the sun then decided I may as well try and get a picture of the sun too.

I am working on laundry and need to get busy on my February newsletter for the club.

Nice weather today and tomorrow but then more snow and very cold temps the rest of the week.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @junebug17 so nice to see you! Very very happy to read you are in SC and all is good, are the kids still in and around the city? It's so nice nice to chat again!

@springerspaniel Hola SS! I hope things are going a bit better at work, work sucks basically, I even had jobs I liked but there was always something better to do.. bad bosses, bad co-workers, but I hope things are looking up for you.

@missy the most marvelous! the apples look delicious! I am so glad Tommy is eating, I know how much you love Tommy.. I love you Missy, I aspire to Missydom! I want a Greg (a guy who can build and sew, so damn rare, while I do love John as you know :) ) yup about the 18 inches Missy, he only got about 9 or 10 he said. Oh the geese I love geese, but they can be a big pain, my inlaws lived across from a gold course and they constant had to go out and shoo the geese out of their hard.. loud geese :) Missy the girls are getting so tall, I don't think you are as tall as I am 5'4" (1/2 :) ) the girls look like they are having a GREAT time and that dog, so so so beautiful.. please stay warm and I look forward to reading on the ferals, I so understand your worry, you are what everyone should be. much much love to you and Greg and kids. xoxo

@Slick1 my son said Brooklyn had "A LOT OF SNOW" and he's not going out today, I didn't call him yesterday because let's face it no one wants Mommy calling worrying so I waited till today! (you get it I'm sure). Hey Bear is the ruler of my Insta, I cannot get enough of this gorgeous pup.. you are a great mom. :) hope all is well where you are.

@lambskin Hi LS I, and my family all have terrible teeth I was one of the few who kept a bunch of real teeth, the rest, not so much. My kids all have great teeth as does their Dad, lucky them is all I can say. Sorry about your teeth I certainly feel it as does @Slick1 I'm sure. Why I got this Cap replacement is because, like you, mine are 30 years old and they are failing, ugh boy I feel for you. I too have a high pain tolerance but not with teeth and I sooooo get you. Sending Kate hugs, dust, care and good dentists to you!

@canuk-gal Sharon dahling! hi! I am so sorry work is very much time consuming, tell me about the emerald ring, I will seek it out too of course, I'm at least glad the weather has been cooperating. so sorry about your mom but I understand for sure.. Missed ya and am glad to see you, we the NIRDIs stick together.. take more time off and be good to yourself, you deserve it.

@mrs-b Hi, I hope things continue to improve.. I do so understand.. yes Missy and Greg do do the work of angels, that was beautiful to say and true.. Living through layoffs, I could write a book, I am sorry this stress is happening to you both right now, at IBM this was almost a yearly experience, as you say you can go home to Australia, I understand your wanting to wait the three years tho. I am so sorry about this. I hope the neurosurgeon is helpful and you feel comfortable with her/him. Much love to you Mrs B, always, you and Missy and MamaBee and Sharon and LS and BD everyone is wonderful here.. having met you in real life I know you are funny and so nice and I will never forget trying on your ring, OMG what a day. We are fam here. sending you love :) oh and I wanted to say I am unsure if I will ever get another dog.. the heartache is so so painful, right now John and I are thinking it over, but we both are shell shocked from Salley's quick death (which was really hard) I cannot get to opening myself up again, the invitation is glorious! so cute, so danged good.. wonderful, you and your husband stay inside and stay warm. mucho love.

@Austina beautiful pool pix, you will love it, just love it. We went to Fredericksburg for the day a month or so ago with Auti, Mike, Cara, John and me, Mike and Cara belong to a wine club there and they had to pick up CASES! of wine as they had been accumulating, I have to tell you, 20 years ago when I went to Fredericksburg it was NOTHING like it is today, it's grown did you see the ice skating rink? I was amazed, it's a beautiful drive to Fredericksburg, glad you are enjoying Hill country, after all that has gone down in the last 3 years or so you and Colin deserve it. I'll check back on your past posts to get a better look at the pool and looking forward to something this year - a visit to your new home and you to mine that is going on 2 years old! Hi to Colin and family.. so glad you're here.

@MamaBee did I tell you I LOVE EMMY! :) it's hard to get a good cleaning service here in Texas now I'm on my 3rd. :( take care with your back!

@marcy Hey girl, ah Erie, my sister lived in Edinboro for 40 yrs before her death and my brother in law still does and he sent me a pix the other day of his driveway, I said to him that it looks just like it did the last time I was in Edinboro in winter time (and that was 32 years ago :) ) Wish he'd move down to the Catskills, but all his friends are in Edinboro, and Buffalo (sibs), but his son, and grands have a house in the Catskills and he'd be much closer to the city where his son DIL and grands live.. oh well. stay warm! Marcy if your knee wakes you up, it's time for a new knee. Wake up pain is a sign of just bone on bone, ain't no amount of P/T etc that will help. Your sun pix is awesome!

Friday pix.
Auti pretending she would take a nap with grandpa reading, Auti practicing piano with grandpa and eating eating the GrEAT lunch granny made :) I hope everyone is have a nice Sunday.
Autipretending to take a nap.jpg

Attachments

• Autiplayingpiano with grandpafriri.jpg
    Autiplayingpiano with grandpafriri.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 9
  • autieatinglunch fri.jpg
    autieatinglunch fri.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 8

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @junebug17 so nice to see you! Very very happy to read you are in SC and all is good, are the kids still in and around the city? It's so nice nice to chat again!

@springerspaniel Hola SS! I hope things are going a bit better at work, work sucks basically, I even had jobs I liked but there was always something better to do.. bad bosses, bad co-workers, but I hope things are looking up for you.

@missy the most marvelous! the apples look delicious! I am so glad Tommy is eating, I know how much you love Tommy.. I love you Missy, I aspire to Missydom! I want a Greg (a guy who can build and sew, so damn rare, while I do love John as you know :) ) yup about the 18 inches Missy, he only got about 9 or 10 he said. Oh the geese I love geese, but they can be a big pain, my inlaws lived across from a gold course and they constant had to go out and shoo the geese out of their hard.. loud geese :) Missy the girls are getting so tall, I don't think you are as tall as I am 5'4" (1/2 :) ) the girls look like they are having a GREAT time and that dog, so so so beautiful.. please stay warm and I look forward to reading on the ferals, I so understand your worry, you are what everyone should be. much much love to you and Greg and kids. xoxo

@Slick1 my son said Brooklyn had "A LOT OF SNOW" and he's not going out today, I didn't call him yesterday because let's face it no one wants Mommy calling worrying so I waited till today! (you get it I'm sure). Hey Bear is the ruler of my Insta, I cannot get enough of this gorgeous pup.. you are a great mom. :) hope all is well where you are.

@lambskin Hi LS I, and my family all have terrible teeth I was one of the few who kept a bunch of real teeth, the rest, not so much. My kids all have great teeth as does their Dad, lucky them is all I can say. Sorry about your teeth I certainly feel it as does @Slick1 I'm sure. Why I got this Cap replacement is because, like you, mine are 30 years old and they are failing, ugh boy I feel for you. I too have a high pain tolerance but not with teeth and I sooooo get you. Sending Kate hugs, dust, care and good dentists to you!

@canuk-gal Sharon dahling! hi! I am so sorry work is very much time consuming, tell me about the emerald ring, I will seek it out too of course, I'm at least glad the weather has been cooperating. so sorry about your mom but I understand for sure.. Missed ya and am glad to see you, we the NIRDIs stick together.. take more time off and be good to yourself, you deserve it.

@mrs-b Hi, I hope things continue to improve.. I do so understand.. yes Missy and Greg do do the work of angels, that was beautiful to say and true.. Living through layoffs, I could write a book, I am sorry this stress is happening to you both right now, at IBM this was almost a yearly experience, as you say you can go home to Australia, I understand your wanting to wait the three years tho. I am so sorry about this. I hope the neurosurgeon is helpful and you feel comfortable with her/him. Much love to you Mrs B, always, you and Missy and MamaBee and Sharon and LS and BD everyone is wonderful here.. having met you in real life I know you are funny and so nice and I will never forget trying on your ring, OMG what a day. We are fam here. sending you love :) oh and I wanted to say I am unsure if I will ever get another dog.. the heartache is so so painful, right now John and I are thinking it over, but we both are shell shocked from Salley's quick death (which was really hard) I cannot get to opening myself up again, the invitation is glorious! so cute, so danged good.. wonderful, you and your husband stay inside and stay warm. mucho love.

@Austina beautiful pool pix, you will love it, just love it. We went to Fredericksburg for the day a month or so ago with Auti, Mike, Cara, John and me, Mike and Cara belong to a wine club there and they had to pick up CASES! of wine as they had been accumulating, I have to tell you, 20 years ago when I went to Fredericksburg it was NOTHING like it is today, it's grown did you see the ice skating rink? I was amazed, it's a beautiful drive to Fredericksburg, glad you are enjoying Hill country, after all that has gone down in the last 3 years or so you and Colin deserve it. I'll check back on your past posts to get a better look at the pool and looking forward to something this year - a visit to your new home and you to mine that is going on 2 years old! Hi to Colin and family.. so glad you're here.

@MamaBee did I tell you I LOVE EMMY! :) it's hard to get a good cleaning service here in Texas now I'm on my 3rd. :( take care with your back!

@marcy Hey girl, ah Erie, my sister lived in Edinboro for 40 yrs before her death and my brother in law still does and he sent me a pix the other day of his driveway, I said to him that it looks just like it did the last time I was in Edinboro in winter time (and that was 32 years ago :) ) Wish he'd move down to the Catskills, but all his friends are in Edinboro, and Buffalo (sibs), but his son, and grands have a house in the Catskills and he'd be much closer to the city where his son DIL and grands live.. oh well. stay warm! Marcy if your knee wakes you up, it's time for a new knee. Wake up pain is a sign of just bone on bone, ain't no amount of P/T etc that will help. Your sun pix is awesome!

Friday pix.
Auti pretending she would take a nap with grandpa reading, Auti practicing piano with grandpa and eating eating the GrEAT lunch granny made :) I hope everyone is have a nice Sunday.
Autipretending to take a nap.jpg

GOODNIGHT MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All oh so sweet...thanks for sharing :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Monday! Quick post as I am watching lectures that are over at 10AM so have to watch as much as I can before I can't. LOL.

@canuk-gal sending bucketloads of healing dust to your mom.

@marcy wow those are amazing photos. Good luck with the Feb newsletter.

@Tekate Auti is precious. So beautiful and sweet. Like her grandma! I love the photos. So much. And you can borrow Greg whenever you want...you are family. XOXO I mean it. You are the best Kate the great.

@mrs-b lots and lots of healing wishes to you and good luck for Tim and his job.

@MamaBee insurance dust for Emmy

@bling_dream19 hope you had a fun weekend.

@Slick1 how is it Monday already?

@Austina my fingers are crossed for you.

@springerspaniel hope your weekend was good.

Hi to everyone else. We braved outdoors yesterday and went hiking in the snow. Thank goodness for my Olang boots with spikes. It was fun but challenging and I was super careful. Have a wonderful Monday all. We are hoping to go for another hike but we shall see. It is already a busy day. Hugs.

First, snow in the backyard.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.27.04 AM.png

Snow on our hike
It was pretty deep...

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.26.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.26.42 AM.png

They had taken the plows to some of the paths to decrease the depth of snow. It was icy underneath though so I actually preferred walking in the deeper snow to avoid the icy paths.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.30.48 AM.png

There were very few people around yesterday. So we pretty much had the woods all to ourselves.
Sandy Hook was closed for some reason as after our hike we went there to see if there was a lot of snow on the beach but police were blocking the entrance. Not sure why but we might try again today.

Have a great Monday all. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snow on our beach

A3E4C90E-2488-4B58-8D82-56C002B398B9.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy big (and small) dog snowy Sunday!
The blizzard was not so terrible and no power outages though overnight it was even windier and I am relieved we didn't lose power. It is 7 degrees right now but wind chill is -5 degrees F. Minus 5!!! Ugh. Too cold. Please let the ferals be somewhere safe.

@mrs-b speaking of snow did the 24" of snow materialize? Wow. Our friend who lives just a few hours North of us got over 2 feet of snow. That is a lot of snow.

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 6.19.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 6.19.37 AM.png

Stay warm and cozy and enjoy! XOXO.

@missy - fabulous photos! And there's nothing better in life than a snowy pooch nose!

And yes, we got the full 2 ft. Ugh! We're BURIED!

On the other hand tho - we stayed inside all day in front of the fire, drank coffee, watched movies, and basically had a nice time together. So all was well. We never lost power, either - so - PHEW!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - fabulous photos! And there's nothing better in life than a snowy pooch nose!

And yes, we got the full 2 ft. Ugh! We're BURIED!

On the other hand tho - we stayed inside all day in front of the fire, drank coffee, watched movies, and basically had a nice time together. So all was well. We never lost power, either - so - PHEW!

So happy you didn’t lose power! That is everything in a storm. Our friend in Newport got 30”!!!
Big hugs to you and Tim and the rest of yours wonderful family furry members and humans. All my good wishes are continuing to be sent your way. Dear friend. ♥️♥️♥️

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
A quick check-in today, as I am waiting on news about my 6 month old pup Freddie Mercury. He is in surgery to see if they can remove whatever the hell he managed to eat the other day (?styrofoam? fabric from a dog toy? a shoe?) that is causing him so much trouble. He was up all last night with diarrhea and vomiting, so neither of us got sleep. He was only comfortable lying on top of one of us, so we took turns sleeping.

Meanwhile, they say we only got 5.5 inches of snow, but with the wind and drifts, it seems like more. Glad to see @missy and @mrs-b did not lose power either. @marcy my brother, who went to school in Erie, says they call it "the mistake on the lake..."

So here is the little goofball from a few days ago:

freddie 2 - 1.jpg freddie 1 - 1.jpg

And in honor of our single digit weather:

272778954_10223653448718697_3599354506595978894_n.jpg

Will come back to say more later, but all of my love and warm wishes go out to everyone today!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick check-in today, as I am waiting on news about my 6 month old pup Freddie Mercury. He is in surgery to see if they can remove whatever the hell he managed to eat the other day (?styrofoam? fabric from a dog toy? a shoe?) that is causing him so much trouble. He was up all last night with diarrhea and vomiting, so neither of us got sleep. He was only comfortable lying on top of one of us, so we took turns sleeping.

Meanwhile, they say we only got 5.5 inches of snow, but with the wind and drifts, it seems like more. Glad to see @missy and @mrs-b did not lose power either. @marcy my brother, who went to school in Erie, says they call it "the mistake on the lake..."

So here is the little goofball from a few days ago:

freddie 2 - 1.jpg freddie 1 - 1.jpg

And in honor of our single digit weather:

272778954_10223653448718697_3599354506595978894_n.jpg

Will come back to say more later, but all of my love and warm wishes go out to everyone today!

@springerspaniel -

I'm so sorry to hear about Freddie! Can you pls pop back in, if you have time, to let us know how he's doing? Blockages are a bitch.

Thinking of you both and hoping for a great result soon. <3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@springerspaniel -

I'm so sorry to hear about Freddie! Can you pls pop back in, if you have time, to let us know how he's doing? Blockages are a bitch.

Thinking of you both and hoping for a great result soon. <3

Oh @springerspaniel! I hope Freddie passes whatever he ate! My dog, Gordie, ate the whole plastic covering my husband’s suit hanging from the dry cleaners. The vet had to talk me through pulling it out. He wasn’t able to make it into the office. I don’t know who was more traumatized..me or Gordie. He was a goat.
Please check on if you get a minute so we can see how he’s doing.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Tekate it sounds like your BIL got a lot of snow too. I hope we don’t get another 3 foot blizzard this spring - at least I won’t have to venture out in it. Technically I didn’t venture out in it last spring either but now it’s not a problem. I loved the pictures of cute Auti and grandpa.

@missy how were the lectures today? Beautiful snow pictures from your hike! How is Tommy doing today? Aren’t you glad your beach house isn’t in Newport? It is starting to look like a very snowy few months here.

@mrs-b nice that you stayed in from the storm and it sounds like you had lots of fun things to do. Yay for not losing power.

@springerspaniel you never know if that is ET flying in front of the sun. I hope Freddie Mercury is doing better now! It’s funny you mention the lake about Erie - my friend mentioned something about the lake last time they had a huge snow storm. She has dachshunds and had to dig little tunnels for them to “go out”. LOL to the difference between scolding your dog vs your cat. That is pretty spot on too.

@MamaBee I bet that was very traumatic dealing with the plastic that Gordie ate.

I got up to check on the sunrise and knew it looked promising so stayed up and took pictures. After breakfast I ran errands and picked up groceries since snow comes back tomorrow as well as frigid temperatures all week. We were good on most things but almost out of fresh fruit. It’s hurricane windy here again today; joy!

Take care.
Marcy

This morning's sunrise.

Sunrise.jpg

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Freddie, back home after his surgical adventure. There was some kind of plug and generalized inflammation. Here he is, looking either pathetic or stoned:
IMG_1453.JPG

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and support!
That is one beautiful sunrise, @marcy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is Freddie, back home after his surgical adventure. There was some kind of plug and generalized inflammation. Here he is, looking either pathetic or stoned:
IMG_1453.JPG

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and support!
That is one beautiful sunrise, @marcy!

Hope your sweet baboo heals quickly!

NIRDI shout out. Fly by here--not the worse Monday I've worked but the COLD weather returned today much to my chagrin!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh my goodness, what a fright @springerspaniel, so glad Freddie is OK after his surgery. One of ours had a habit of opening the bathroom peddle bin and eating tissues. Yuk, you know the drill, we often had to ‘help’ to remove them :sick: Maybe having to wear the cone of shame will stop him doing it again.

Awww @Tekate Auti is looking like a proper little girl now, she’s growing up so fast! We couldn’t believe the amount of wineries in Fredricksburg, literally one every 10 yards! Rest assured that when the house is finally finished, there’ll be an invite heading your way.

Glad you didn’t lose power @mrs-b and were able to enjoy staying in and staying warm. When will Tim hear about his job?

Fantastic photo @marcy, I bet it’s days like these that make you even more glad you’re retired and don’t have to schlep in to work. Marty’s a good sort doing favours for people.

Yep, the joys of having dogs @MamaBee :lol: Our Harry was a devil for getting things out of the bin and then needing assistance to remove them! Thankfully it was never something large enough to need medical intervention.

Your nieces are getting so grown up @missy, the joys of being young and enjoying being out in the freezing cold. Glad you were able to get out, these days I always look where I’m walking (well ever since I hurt my knee), I can’t afford any more tears, I haven’t got a lot of meniscus left. It’s not tropical here, but the temperatures are certainly a lot higher than yours.

@canuk-gal hope your Mum is continuing to do well and you don’t freeze rigid.

We went bed shopping today, and found one that we really liked. We tried every bed in the shop, and have been looking for an adjustable bed, however, it came with the eye watering price of $11,000 :shock:

We’ve had a couple of busy days here, it’s Vietnamese new year, so the whole house has to be cleaned, and Kim’s been making lots of food for offerings.

We’ve just had the offerings ceremony, and I have the dubious honour of having to get up at midnight to go outside, and then come back in again :lol: (Being born in the year of the Pig, I’m the most astrologically compatible).

Leaving you with photos of the food Kim’s cooked (all vegetarian).

B9CE08E1-2FC3-4578-BC91-7C73E97FDBC8.jpeg

Keep safe and warm :wavey:

Attachments

• 5D7442BB-CA68-49B2-A8AE-5966390CE660.jpeg
    5D7442BB-CA68-49B2-A8AE-5966390CE660.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 39

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's terrific Tuesday!

@springerspaniel fingers crossed that Freddie continues to do well. LOL that cartoon is the TRUTH. LOL. Big hugs to you and Freddie and Clyde. And extra healing vibes to Freddie. Sweet sweet baby.

@marcy gorgeous sunrise photo. The lectures were great. I am still listening to others now that those are finished. It is never-ending and I am learning a lot. Hope all is going well. Yes glad we don't have a beach house in Newport lol.

@Austina gorgeous table and food. It is making me hungry haha. Happy New Year to Kim and all who celebrate.

@canuk-gal I share your pain with the cold. Oy to the vey. Luckily for us warm weather is returning but only for a few days. Oh well. I will take it. Hope your momma is doing better.

@mrs-b hope the snow is melting. And all is going as smoothly as possible. Hugs to your furry crew. Cirrus is gorgeous. Just gorgeous.

@MamaBee hope it is getting sorted out.

@bling_dream19 hope your Monday went well and you are having a good Tuesday.

@Slick1 hope all is going smoothly. Hugs to Bear.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good walk/hike yesterday. Icy but less than the day before.

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 7.08.03 AM.png

Enjoy a terrific Tuesday all. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to add one more photo from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 8.09.56 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening NIRDi's. All's well in Texas if you take into consideration that the news says we are supposed to have a winter storm on Thursday! ice! sleet! (i'm sure there a dif but I can't remember what it is :) ) so I made chocolate chip cookie dough today just in case!..

@canuk-gal Hola Sharon, thank you for the kind words about Auti, :) she's a sweetie pie. I am going to read further but I am so sorry to read your mom is ill Sharon :( I hope she get's better soon.. I hope you can slow down..

@Hola my Missy girl.. Missy your sitting area in the back is so SO beautiful, you must love it, just love it on a beautiful evening.. it makes me calm just looking at your picture(s). I love you girl.. your pictures give me inner joy. and I love you because you are Missy. xo

@mrs-b how is your back and sorry about the snow, I send you a big fat Kate hug and also I send you hopes for your husband to stay on the books to you are a bit more prepared to retire.

@marcy where you live has THE MOST FANTASTIC SUNRISES.. I am always thrilled when I see one of your pix. Take care.

@springerspaniel Dang sending dust for a quick recovery and btw your dog is beautiful and I love the cat pix! haha! ain't it the truth, that's a cat for you, ya gotta work for it.. I love the 'mistake on the lake' as I said my sister lived in Edinboro and my brother in law still does, their snow was 100% worse than my snow in Maine. Sending you a Kate hug and hopes that your baby is improving.

@Austina yes! we will have you all here and we will move into your house ;-) what a spread Austina, wow! next year I'll be there!.. so just the bed cost 11K.. where did you go? I'm assuming (yes I do know what happens when one assumes) BUT that sounds more like a bedroom set. Your area of the greater Austin area is not familiar to me, I've been out that way a few years over the last non consecutive 20 years that I have now living in Texas, but mainly and mostly we were NW Austinites and had friends in RR, I don't know where Pflugerville is! batten up the hatches for tomorrows storm. sending hugs to all!

@MamaBee hello lady! so happy for your jewelry girl.

So tomorrow it's a bit of rain then Wednite, Thurs will be the maybe storm. As I said up above, I've made cookies.

love you guys!

Did you guys notice I went back to Tekate? :) Bayek was my more immature days, plus I kept forgetting who I was when writing.

xoxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and it's Wonderful Wednesday.
Getting ready to leave for our endocrinologist appointment this morning but wanted to say a quick good morning to all.

@Tekate yes I did notice and love you are back to Tekate. It just feels like you. Yummm cookies. I hope the storm isn't bad.

@springerspaniel I hope Freddie is doing very well.

@Slick1 hope you are having a good week.

@bling_dream19 hope you are staying comfy and cozy.

@Austina I hope the windows arrive and are installed soon.

@canuk-gal continued well wishes for your mom and warm weather vibes to you.

@mrs-b hope things are going smoothly and looking brighter.

@MamaBee hope to hear a happy update from you soon.

@marcy I hope you are enjoying each and every day and loving retirement.

Hi to everyone else. Leaving you with a photo from our walk/hike yesterday.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.34.06 AM.png

We also went to the beach after our hike. Not much snow on the beach with this storm.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.34.40 AM.png

Ocean side
Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.35.18 AM.png

This is the bay side.
Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.35.55 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday. XOXO

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results